Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Stinger97

GH History Lessons: Because History is Always Repeating Itself

1 minute ago, statsgirl said:

Bobbie said today that Scott was taking her out to dinner.

To console her after her firing. That doesn't necessarily mean they're dating. 

4 hours ago, statsgirl said:

Bobbie said today that Scott was taking her out to dinner.

☹️Boo.  Scott deserves better.

Scotty at least deserves a woman who isn't a Corinthii supporter/defender.  I'll never forget Bobbie screeching and wailing and dumping him when he prosecuted Carly for a crime SHE 100% COMMITTED! 

• Like 3

I hope it's just a "Sucks you got fired no matter how justified that was" dinner and not the prelude to anything more because REMEMBER KAREN, SCOTT. 

Scott just wanted to settle for Bobbie because he was lonely and the only woman he was interested in (Ava) friend zoned him HARD.  Even Franco pointed out that that was a bad idea.  

Lucky drug Storyline was supposed to be GV emmy storyline, GV was so happy to do that storyline. Unfortunately for him, it was Guza with no other headwriter written that story. TG only like JJ as Lucky, KM was in contract negotiating, it was like a year or two after she did Dancing with the Stars and that storyline with Ric was her possibly getting written out and that meant Jason had to be with someone so pretty soon it stop being about Lucky drug addiction after getting hurt storyline, became about just graduated high school Maxie manipulating Lucky, to Jason is a hero to Elizabeth is just the worse isn't she storyline. Lucky was nowhere to be found. 

When Guza was with Pratt, he sucked equally as much so a 2nd head writer might not have helped. Instead of trying to do a compelling storyline about the dangers of prescription drugs, we got another homoerotic valentine from Guza to Jason, again. While I was slightly sympathetic to SB being denied the same perks as RH, even though he had been on the show for over 20 years, I was put off by the fact he also took issue with Jason not being portrayed as his stoic perfect self. Any flack that Liason got, it was put on Liz's shoulders, from Liz going all the way to Jason's penthouse during a blackout, to Liz asking Jason not to tell anyone about Jake's paternity, thereby giving people like Monica carte blanche to blame Liz for keeping a new Q away from her family and giving Jason another free pass. Greg wasn't Lucky, but he wasn't the worst actor on the show or even the worst Lucky. It was heartbreaking seeing Lucky's family completely abandoned him without even trying to get him into some sort of therapy, especially Luke calling him a loser. So my blood pressure went way up she they did an intervention for Luke when his own drinking problem caused him to "kill"Jake. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ambrosefolly said:

Monica carte blanche to blame Liz for keeping a new Q away from her family

Jake has been pretty ignored by the Qs ever since. I applaud Elizabeth for not letting them swallow up her kid.

Jake being part Q reminds me: Does he have ELQ voting rights?

• Like 2

Considering Edward's will apparently had an "anyone who came from the loins of any of my acknowledged or unacknowledged children or grandchildren get a percentage of my stock", I think Jake does have a percentage. 

Can I take a moment to rant how stupid it is that everyone who finds out they're a Q apparently gets a share of ELQ stock? What dumbass lawyer allowed something like that in a will? How is that at all fair to the kids and grandkids who were named that their shares keep getting smaller because they keep finding more long lost relatives? How was Oscar, a minor, able to write a will and why was the part of about his shares going to Shiloh honored? 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

I think Jake does have a percentage

He's never mentioned, but I guess Ned likely has his proxy.

33 minutes ago, Mirabelle said:

How was Oscar, a minor, able to write a will and why was the part of about his shares going to Shiloh honored? 

Because the plot demanded it so Nelle eventually got those shares for her dumb story.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Jake has been pretty ignored by the Qs ever since. I applaud Elizabeth for not letting them swallow up her kid.

Jake being part Q reminds me: Does he have ELQ voting rights?

He does. During the showdown with Valentin, Michael mentioned that Liz gave him Jake’s proxy for the vote. 

• Useful 1

Do I remember correctly that when Brook Lynn went to Ned about her producer sexually harassing her (or worse), Ned either didn’t believe her or basically told her to get over it?  Their feud centers on the ELQ shares now and seems to have forgotten that other very recent history.

I think he believed her about the sexual harassment, but he found out that the contract she had signed was iron-clad and then just pivoted to, "Well, there's nothing I can do. You're stuck. Maybe now you'll be smarter about what you sign." We were supposed to think about how, as fathers go, Ned is no Sonny, who , if he found out Linc had preyed on one of his children, would have had hate-sex with him on a grave.

Good point, though, that the story is all about the most recent thing.

Edited by Asp Burger
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

I think Ned even confronted the slimeball producer about the harassment, and the guy basically shrugged and said, "So buy out her contract," and Ned wouldn't do it. (Ned wasn't wrong about BL reading what she signed, though.)

• Like 3

Skip to 3:25, Carly tells Liz that "Lucky's upstairs having sex with Maxie"

The way she just says it like that LMAO. I mean, there was no other way to phrase it, but damn!

I just love Laura Wright in this scene. Her thinking face when she considers whether or not to tell Liz, The  "I guess if it were me, I'd want someone to tell me-" part, and how she tries to stop Liz from walking in on it: "You don't wanna go up there and see that".

Didn't watch during these times, but so glad I came across this gem of a scene.

I'm watching Dec 1981....so this is pretty much it for Laura right, she left Feb 82?

I continue to be appalled that anyone thinks L and L is this true love couple. I prefer them both separately. 

Anyway. Evil Scotty  is kind of fun.

I don't know anything about storylines  in 1982. I assume Robert and WSB take a bigger role? 

So I got mildly snarky about this latest EVENT THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING on Twitter...

...but it made think, what was the last time an EVENT ACTUALLY CHANGED EVERYTHING? AJ's murder almost did, but they walked back everything within a year. Except for AJ being gone and Avery existing, it might as well have never happened. For all that the show flogs these sweeps stunts for ratings, I think the last time the show really had a real seismic shift (from one event, I mean) was probably Clink-Boom.

52 minutes ago, Melgaypet said:

So I got mildly snarky about this latest EVENT THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING on Twitter...

...but it made think, what was the last time an EVENT ACTUALLY CHANGED EVERYTHING? AJ's murder almost did, but they walked back everything within a year. Except for AJ being gone and Avery existing, it might as well have never happened. For all that the show flogs these sweeps stunts for ratings, I think the last time the show really had a real seismic shift (from one event, I mean) was probably Clink-Boom.

Not a great look when the last major changing event happened almost 25 years ago.