Type keyword(s) to search

Seasons 8-10: The Post College Years

• Start Topic

I don't think Brandon was ever in love with Kelly and vice versa. I think they both wanted what they couldn't have. Think about it. Kelly was dating Brandon for a while and the second another guy offered her a trip around the world, she dropped Brandon like a hot potato. Only to move right on to another guy 2 days later, and only want Brandon back when she was lonely and single in season 7. The second they got back together, her bitchiness came out and they fought pretty much every episode. Then it's wedding time and neither of them wanted to go through with it. Same with Brandon. Kelly was like "a sister" to him the first season, then he got with her because lucinda and Claire were nuts so Kelly seemed like the sane choice out of the 3 of them. He gets with Kelly but tells emily valentine he's still in love with her while he's dating Kelly.. (makes no sense based on past circumstances but ok we'll let that slide) He then only proposes to Kel because he knows Dylan wants her back. He then cheats on her in season 8 and doesn't want to go through with the marriage. Do these 2 seem like two people in love? 

• Love 4
37 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I don't think Brandon was ever in love with Kelly and vice versa. I think they both wanted what they couldn't have. Think about it. Kelly was dating Brandon for a while and the second another guy offered her a trip around the world, she dropped Brandon like a hot potato. Only to move right on to another guy 2 days later, and only want Brandon back when she was lonely and single in season 7. The second they got back together, her bitchiness came out and they fought pretty much every episode. Then it's wedding time and neither of them wanted to go through with it. Same with Brandon. Kelly was like "a sister" to him the first season, then he got with her because lucinda and Claire were nuts so Kelly seemed like the sane choice out of the 3 of them. He gets with Kelly but tells emily valentine he's still in love with her while he's dating Kelly.. (makes no sense based on past circumstances but ok we'll let that slide) He then only proposes to Kel because he knows Dylan wants her back. He then cheats on her in season 8 and doesn't want to go through with the marriage. Do these 2 seem like two people in love? 

You raise a good point. I believe they loved each other, but I don't think they were in love, at least during their second go-around. It was almost as if they outgrew each other, but they were in love with the idea of being in love and in this idealized version of their relationship than their actual relationship.

After Dylan, Kelly wanted someone she perceived to be more stable and she did have a thing for Brandon in high school. Plus, I think Kelly always felt comfortable at the Walsh house and in a way, this was just cementing her place there. If that makes sense. As far as Brandon, I think Kelly was attractive physically, but you mention Lucinda and Clare. Not that it was the same as Dylan and Kelly, but in a way, it was similar. He was going into "politics" and wanted a woman he could have by his side who was appropriate.

Brandon worked best with Susan. Had GC not gotten pregnant, it would have been interesting to really see Andrea and Brandon give it a go. He needed a woman who challenged him. I don't think Kelly fit the bill. And Kelly? She's harder. I never liked her with Dylan and she was such an asshole with Matt. Maybe she would have been good with Steve in the end since he matured, but still had that childish side to him and he and Kel probably could have had fun.

What was the line he gives about chandeliers? That it never occurred to him and Kelly to swing from them? 

That being said, I think they did love each other and cared about one another,  but they were more suited to friendship.

• Love 7

I definitely agree that out of the shows run , Brandon's best match was Susan . Kelly's best match was ... herself apparently because " she chose her " and her bitchiness in relationships was too much for even me to handle . Kelly's main problem was she never appreciated what she had ( Brandon , Matt, etc ) because she just wanted the drama . She needed someone like Dylan to put her in her place but the problem with that is , guys like that will never give u stability or be into you enough . 

I don't think Brandon and Andrea should have ever dated so I'm glad they didn't. It was clear to me what they had was just a friendship and I just didn't feel the chemistry . But that's ok they gave us a Susan who was the less grandma version of aaaaandrea 

• Love 5

Watching the season 8 premiere Hawaii episodes and I am so annoyed at everyone telling Valerie to "give Kelly a break", but no one ever says anything when Kelly is nasty to Valerie (and everyone else).

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 6

I think Pop TV agrees with most posters on this forum that the last few years of BH 90210 reeked. The Kelly/Brandon non-wedding episode is airing next week, & after that episode, they're going back to the beginning like the last few years didn't exist. I have to admit, I always watch the one when Dylan returns, the one when Brandon leaves, & a few others sprinkled in there (I know Gina is a bad character, but VM is just so enchanting to watch, I covet her hair to infinity), but I'm not sad about them skipping back to sophomore year of high school, either.

• Love 6

Today was the beginning of the Val-Noah date rape arc. This has to be the gang at their assholiest. 

Val and David should have told those jerks to peace out and never spoken to any of them again. Screw it, I'm making up my own canon in which Val and David moved back east and got married and had a bunch of babies and bitched about the gang on those rare occasions that they'd bring them up. Except they'd totally get back in touch with Brenda. She'd be the only one they hung out with. 

Seriously. Fuck Kelly and her "So, Val, how did you end up at that $10 million?" and looking so smug. And then when she 'apologizes' to Val after hearing Josh's testimony, she's STILL an asshole. If you're going to apologize, then maybe you should, oh, I don't know, actually apologize? Newsflash, the person you're apologizing to doesn't have to make it easy for you. That's kind of the freaking point. 

• Love 5

I do enjoy a few things about the final two seasons. Steve finally gets a flattering haircut. David gets hotter and hotter. Brandon's last episode has some nice scenes. And I do like the finale, because I'm a sap and love to see the gang reminiscing. The last scene of them dancing at D&D's wedding is the best. When it goes slo-mo and the music shifts from Celebrate to the 90210 theme I just melt into a puddle everytime. Also, Luke/Dylan has a big smile, which is always nice to see. 

• Love 10

Give me strength. Pop is airing the Jasper's Law episodes. "Keep it Together" is such a POS song. It is way worse than "Precious to Me" and dragged out over waaaaay more episodes.

Edited by allicatexp
Extra word
  • Love 2
On 3/21/2017 at 9:02 AM, nkotb said:

(I know Gina is a bad character, but VM is just so enchanting to watch, I covet her hair to infinity

Cosigned. I dream of being her assistant and brushing her hair. Not creepy at all, me. 

• Love 3

That's a good question, @Jaclyn88. Hmmmmm, I didn't like Val with the bob hairstyle, I think that was when she first appeared & then again around the dating Colin time, but otherwise, she looked great. Gina just has that something special that jumps off the screen, & I don't remember a time when she wasn't gorgeous or had an awkward-phase on our show (she was there a much shorter time). If I had to pick, I think I'd say Gina/VM, but a very close runner up is TAT/Val. There's just no one else even close to being close. 

How lucky is BAG to bag (ha ha!) both of the hottest women to grace our show?!?!

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Do you guys think Gina or Val was prettier ? 

I just didn't like ginas character . The villain character worked for Val but Gina had a more annoying personality I thought . 

I they were both drop dead gorgeous.  Gina/Vanessa had more of a model look, whereas Val/TAT had more of a voluptuous beauty. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, nkotb said:

That's a good question, @Jaclyn88. Hmmmmm, I didn't like Val with the bob hairstyle, I think that was when she first appeared & then again around the dating Colin time, but otherwise, she looked great. Gina just has that something special that jumps off the screen, & I don't remember a time when she wasn't gorgeous or had an awkward-phase on our show (she was there a much shorter time). If I had to pick, I think I'd say Gina/VM, but a very close runner up is TAT/Val. There's just no one else even close to being close. 

How lucky is BAG to bag (ha ha!) both of the hottest women to grace our show?!?!

and THEN megan fox, who I don't particularly find gorgeous, but I know every man in America does.

• Love 1

they're going back to the beginning like the last few years didn't exist. I have to admit, I always watch the one when Dylan returns, the one when Brandon leaves, & a few others sprinkled in there (I know Gina is a bad character, but VM is just so enchanting to watch, I covet her hair to infinity), but I'm not sad about them skipping back to sophomore year of high school, either.

It's interesting to think that a show whose initial premise was "the wholesome, Midwestern, Walsh family adjusts to life in decadent Beverly Hills" turned into a show about Walsh family-adjacent people and their various soap operatic happenings.

• Love 3
On 3/22/2017 at 9:00 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Do you guys think Gina or Val was prettier ? 

Val. I had a ton of leftover dislike of Marcil from General Hospital where 5'4" Brenda was supposed to be a budding supermodel. ? This was 1992, the height (pardon the pun) of the supers, so Cari Shayne (Orginal Karen, whom IMDb tells me also played Daniel's schizophrenic wife on our show) towering over her was just laughable. 

Is this the one where Kelly thinks the woman is cheating with Steve and goes and yells at her?  There is a tape involved and a honking men's watch if I remember.  "You're a monster" seems to ring a bell too. 

As we've said, when Kelly cheats it's "complicated".  Soul mates, long-term crushes kept at arms length during summer makeout sessions, part of the college experience, etc.

• Love 4

C'mon guys, give Kelly a break. I mean, she martyred herself to save Brandon and Dylan's friendship! Okay, okay, so she might have made out with Dylan while she was with Brandon, but it was with Dylan, so it's forgivable! 

And she might have kissed Brandon while with Dylan, but Brandon was working his Mr. Washington ways and well, Dylan wasn't 100% focused on Kelly, so she's allowed. 

And maybe, just maybe, she flirted with the idea of hooking up with Brandon while Colin was away, but in the end, she didn't. 

Kelly's a good person./Sarcasm/

LOL. I can't even honestly say that with a straight face. Fuck Kelly tbh.

Doesn't she also screw Dylan while he's with Gina at some point? I think that was when Matt's wife came back so he and Kelly weren't really together, so I guess technically she didn't cheat on Matt, but she had no problem boinking Dylan yet again while he was with someone else...yet again.

Oh, Kel. "You're a monster." Don't get me wrong, Brandon sucks, but that's slightly dramatic, don't you think?

• Love 1

I should be sleeping so, of course, I'm watching Val's exit from the show.  We've frequently talked about how harsh Kelly is, acting like Val is the reason she and Brandon didn't get married when it was something they both wanted, but I'd forgotten how harsh Donna was.  Donna spent most of the series forgiving every character for some pretty horrible things, including cheating and abuse, yet Val's letter to Brandon is where her line is?  Nevermind that, again, both Brandon and Kelly wanted to call things off.  Nope, Val writing a letter expressing her (correct) opinion is so awful that Donna tells her that the only reason any of them put up with her was because of Brandon and that she needs to fall in line like a good little subject or leave town.  Now, I understand that Kelly is the Queen Bee of the show and Donna, in her position of Runner Up, thinks the sun shines out of her ass, so anything that upsets Kelly upsets Donna but this is bullshit.  Brandon may have prevented Kelly from murdering Val in her sleep but he, David and Steve all liked her and liked having her around.  Donna and Kelly don't have to like her but they need to realize that, despite all the men falling at their feet, they aren't actually queens and Val isn't their subject.  She doesn't have to leave just because they issue a decree.  The last couple of seasons are insufferable and Queen Kelly and Saint Donna are the reason about 99% of the time.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, scarynikki12 said:

The last couple of seasons are insufferable and Queen Kelly and Saint Donna are the reason about 99% of the time.

Oh, absolutely. Even someone boring like Janet was a breath of fresh air from those two being bitches.

• Love 4
On 6/11/2015 at 12:04 PM, psychoticstate said:

So POP is playing season 8 now and I watched the episodes that dealt with Brandon cheating on St. Kelly with that horrendous sea beast Emma.  Brandon was really a douche to Steve, letting Steve take the blame initially for the affair.  Steve was probably the best friend to all the Hillsters as demonstrated here - - he let St. Kelly berate him while Brandon just stood there and played pocket pool. 

So I feel sorry for St. Kelly because no one deserves to be cheated on but then I want to smack her because who on earth (besides St. Kelly) would go to the other woman's apartment to confront her when it supposedly has nothing to do with you??  She's lucky Emma didn't press charges against her for that slap.  How did she even know where Emma lived?

Season 8 started last night and it was just AWFUL. It proves that Kelly can only be happy with a guy for a month before her bitchiness rears its ugly head and all she does is pick fights. When she moves in to the Walsh House, Brandon said she could make changes. What does she do? She turns their bedroom into HERS. Filled with fripperies and lace that screams FEMININE BEDROOM! And not one shared by a man and woman. And then she gets in a snit when Brandon isn't waxing poetic and gushing over her changes.

I don't feel sorry for this twit at all. Like she didn't keep any momentos of her short relationship with Dylan, yet expects Brandon to burn, rip and throw away whatever momentos he had with Tracy? And then Donna with her big fat mouth, telling her that Brandon is probably cheating on her with Tracy in Hawaii, and Kelly, who just CAN'T delay her work, comes flying over to "catch" him. Soooo glad that she looked the fool when she was told Tracy had a fiance now.

I wish Kelly had moved out.UGH.

But, I noticed that Val was softer and nicer in the first three episodes of season 8.

And Brandon can't hired anywhere? I thought he was the BESTEST most AWESOMEST journalist EVAH! I mean the Globe (I think it was the Boston Globe) wanted him to intern the summer before and was promised a JOB he was THAT GOOD! And I guess I'm stupid and must look it up, but didn't he win that prestigious award that Mark assumed would be his?

On 8/16/2016 at 8:35 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

gina was the worst character on the show IMO. She just brought nothing positive to those seasons and it really makes no sense that any of them would still talk to her after all the shit she pulled. Sure, Val was a bitch, but there were many scenes throughout Val's run where she was fun, lighthearted and good, and not always woe is me. Gina's character was solely based on being a scheming bitch and her and dylans relationship was forever long and just horrible to watch

I think Vanessa was hired to play Gina, this vile character, to get away from the "good" character Brenda Barrett had become when she left General Hospital.

On 3/15/2017 at 12:55 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

THIS. Kelly is NEVER happy with the guy she is with. She's always panting after someone who isn't available. Be it Dylan or Brandon. And when she cheats it's "complicated" or not her fault. Bitch, please.

And giving her amesia after the whatever happened--blood clot from brain to heart or whatever, just so Show could have her be with Noah for awhile.

And now I have to get back to work.

• Love 1
(edited)

WHAT THE FUCK??!!! So Oooohndraya gets flashbacks/clips when it’s Gabrielle’s final episode, but Brandon/Jason doesn’t? 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Not that Brandon was my favorite character, because he wasn’t, but the show’s fucking premise was based on Brenda AND Brandon as fish out of water teens coming to California. He deserved more, not less in his last episode.

And Show must have thought those watching from day one have short term memories to that bullshit of revisionist history about Brandon’s first day. He didn’t trip; he didn’t cut himself. There was NO DONNA in the pilot. He sat alone like the loser he was, and who Kelly mocked; to Brenda, no less.

And Show can just FUCK OFF with Kelly’s bitchy attitude toward Brandon, too. As if she hadn’t felt she shouldn’t marry Brandon at the 11th hour. Instead she’s acting like he jilted her at the altar. Then that bullshit to Dylan about why they didn’t marry-what with her telling Brandon she wanted to get back and actually get married after all. But noooo. What she and Dylan “had” was what was missing between her and Brandon. I HATEHATEHATEHATEHATE that she was the perpetual victim and how every GODDAMN MAN fell in wuuuuuuv with her. In addition to her BITCHINESS, was her SANCTIMONIOUS SELF-RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENTAL ATTITUDE.

Not to mention how she acted as if SHE had never cheated. Oh, but when it’s her doing the cheating, there are reasons and it’s not an unforgivable offense.

And add me to the list of whoever mentioned up thread about HATING that whiny whisper-speak Tori was doing for seasons 7-8. 

And unlike others, I didn’t and don’t find Vincent Young/Noah attractive. AT ALL. In fact, he’s got the most punchable face and I want to do it whenever he shows up on my screen. 

And NO MENTION of Brenda during Her Specialness’ amnesia? Or pictures of her? Or even during “Reunion?”

So Dylan is back. Val also gone after finally getting her redemption. Though I can’t believe she forgave her mother.

Oh! And. STFU, David with your whining about how Donna made you wait 7 years before she slept with you, as if you two were together that whole time and that you hadn’t CHEATED on her because you couldn’t wait.

So I’m cherry picking what I’m watching. I see Brenda is being trashed again with Dylan’s return. The irony is that Charmed premiered that same year, starring Shannen.  

What was the point of Sophie?

Why would POPTV keep showing that scene of Brenda and Brandon driving to school from the pilot of the show has been pulled off rotation?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 5

And let me add that I HATE the writers hacks who destroyed Dylan.  He’s been with Brenda for almost three years and when he comes back, all he can do is mack on Kelly as if he’d been kidnapped and was unable to return to California. When he HIMSELF left of his own volition and choice after Toni was murdered.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Why no, I’m not bitter. At all.

• Love 2
(edited)

Now I remember! I didn't really watch the last two seasons! I think I watched the first two or three of nine, just to see Vanessa Marcil--since she'd just left General Hospital. And damn. I don't recall this from then, but watching season nine on POP, Gina is just a meaner, pettier version of Brenda Barrett. I was able to see the character she played on Las Vegas, then as Gina on this show.

And Jeebus Fucking Christ on a Cracker. Dylan has yet another drug story line? You'd think that Toni was just murdered, the way he went for the heroin after those losers trashed his car that he so lovingly restored.

It just seemed to me, based on the the throwaway lines we got from Brandon, that Dylan and Brenda were happy together in offscreensville. It was a shitty comeback and a shitty thing to do, again shitting upon Shannen/Brenda. No wonder she refused to show up on the series finale, even though she was on good terms with Aaron Spelling again, as she was one of the leads On Charmed.

Well Gee. Now that we know that Matt has a wife, his holier than thou attitude/jealousy over Dylan where Her Speshialness is concerned is so stupid. And I just laughed and laughed when he told Kelly he wouldn't be a back up or a placeholder for Dylan. When that's EXACTLY what he was.

STFU, Noah. You don't know SHIT about Dylan or what he's been through.

I can't remember--other than his passive/aggressive line about "Why don't you ask Brenda?" when he returned, did Dylan ever explain why he and Brenda broke up?

Just stop it, show. With the revisionist history of how Kelly and Dylan "found each other" on the beach. When she was BETRAYING HER BEST FRIEND and he was CHEATING ON HIS GIRLFRIEND, while they canoodled on the beach and cabana room. Theirs was not an honest relationship. And Kelly's constant insecurity and jealousy over Brenda and refusal to understand his need to get to know Erica, was the reason they broke up again and again during the YEAR they were together, before the final break up. And it was clear Dylan was SO OVER her and sick of all the arguing and fighting. Soulmates, MY ASS.

So episodes 4-13 were new to me and I hate them. Hate how utterly the show destroyed Dylan. WHY did Luke come back? Oh, right. Because they needed Kelly to pine and cheat with Dylan while there was a decent boyfriend she was currently dating. Gee, that doesn't sound familiar at ALL.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2

Gina is the FUCKING WORST. This lying liar who lies and schemes and has a grudge against Donna for NO REASON, actually makes me prefer Her Speshialness, Kelly!!!!

Coupled with her self-esteem issues and needy, clingy ass, I just...no words why Dylan bothers with her. Oh wait. She’s just someone he can Fuck. I can’t believe he actually picked back up with her after she fucked that skeevy “Rock Star.”

Those two were just so toxic.

I thought she’d be gone by the end of season nine, but nope! She’s around until the last season. Please tell me she leaves after Dr. Martin dies. Because I sure as hell don’t remember her in the finale.

Damn STRAIGHT Dylan and Kelly would have just remained friends had he NOT CHEATED ON BRENDA/Kelly hadn’t BETRAYED Brenda all those years ago.

And Show can just STOP with how only Death and Kelly being the only things Dylan “EVER CONNECTED WITH” BULLSHIT. He and BRENDA were connected, deeply, on so many levels. His “connection” with Kelly is a disposable Kleenex in comparison.

• Love 1

Who the FUCK IS this guy that looks and sounds like Dylan????!!😒😒😒😒🤬🤬🤬🤬 Because he sure AS FUCK isn’t the Dylan I met in Season One,Episode Two and fell in love with through Season four. He’s drinking as if he isn’t the alcoholic he’s been since Day One! And this retconning that he’s been pining for Her Speshialness these past three years is so much BULLSHIT! In my head canon, Brenda showed him the door when he started drinking again. And do he slunk back to L.A. FUCK THESE ASSHOLE HACKS OF WRITERS!!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

38 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Who the FUCK IS this guy that looks and sounds like Dylan????!!😒😒😒😒🤬🤬🤬🤬 Because he sure AS FUCK isn’t the Dylan I met in Season One,Episode Two and fell in love with through Season four. He’s drinking as if he isn’t the alcoholic he’s been since Day One! And this retconning that he’s been pining for Her Speshialness these past three years is so much BULLSHIT! In my head canon, Brenda showed him the door when he started drinking again. And do he slunk back to L.A. FUCK THESE ASSHOLE HACKS OF WRITERS!!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Yeah. Dylan couldn’t stand Kelly and never wanted to be around her when they actually WERE dating . But now he suddenly can’t live without her and is deeply in love . Sure . K and D never had Anything between them besides lust , and he had that with a lot of girls . The only difference between Kelly and the other girls was that she was the main character on the show , so he had to lust for her long term . 

• Love 2
(edited)

And Matt is the WORST LAWYER EVER. Forget about why Gina would even go to him, of all people to look over the contract. She used to be a professional--apparently for years. Didn't she already have one? And Matt fucks it up.

Oh Good. Throw in bulimia to make Gina look sympathetic. When we've never been shown she might have an eating disorder before Mel pointed it out. And then after he did, oh look! Gina's binging!

And Gina can just STFU about Dylan not waiting a "respectable" period before he started boinking dating/seeing/having one night stands. What was that thing she did with that supposed rock star? Playing Canasta? And I'm so sick and tired of seeing her slap Dylan over and over again. What were the "writers" smoking when they concocted this character? 

Did Brian and Vanessa start dating during this time? Because that's the only reason that makes sense as to David suddenly being Gina's knight, defending her skanky ass to Dylan.

So, if Donna and No-uh are still together, why is she macking on Wayne?

I wish those that posted in the individual threads of this show's seasons would post here, too! Some of their comments were downright HILARIOUS!

And y'all know I hate the whole Dylan/Kelly thing, but it's absolutely ridiculous that Kelly is such a wimp/wuss, that she feels she has to hide her friendship with Dylan and LIE to Matt about it, and then LIE to the press about who she was with, and her oh so, discomfort and nervousness in front of the press, given her character's history.

Okay, something positive: I covet Vanessa's AMAZING hair.

And here I thought I'd dreamed up that Kelly had been raped. But nope, it happened. Not looking forward to the journey and aftermath, since in episode 27, she kills him? Or is that next season?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 1
(edited)
19 hours ago, meggonzo said:

It's in the season 9 finale/season 10 premiere.

Thanks. And I just saw it and through episode 4? 5? of the final season.

I'm probably going to get reamed for this, but here goes:

While it was terrible that Kelly was raped, and from appearances, it was supposed to be a brutal one, Girl sure healed mighty quickly within one day. I don't mean mentally. But the only physical mark she had was a split lip? And it was 99% gone by the middle of the next day. I've seen lots of procedural shows, other non-procedural shows where a woman is raped by a stranger, in a dark alley, threatened with a weapon, and there are physical signs that she was assaulted/raped. And it's not like Aaron Spelling hasn't done procedurals, either. There's TJ Hooker--where that show had done a few rape plots.

But what irked me the most was how self-involved Donna was that she didn't notice anything was off with Kelly. Kept rambling on and on and ON about Wayne and casual sex. Kelly is supposed to be her BEST FRIEND and she couldn't tell that something was wrong?

And while Dylan redeemed himself at how he saw something had happened, and how he took care of Kelly, he can STFU. Kelly is NOT your best friend; that would be Brandon. I don't care that they hadn't seen each other in over three years. LALALALALALALALAAAA I can't hear any of you in the peanut gallery!

For all that he's shown to be a good guy, Matt has all the characteristics of a would be abusive boyfriend: constantly checking up on Kelly; asking who she was with? Was she with Dylan? The jealousy and insecurity. 

David REALLY is tone-deaf and self-unaware. Asking Dylan if he (Dylan) is "okay with" David taking up with Gina. It's like he doesn't recall, just a year ago, how he was sneaking around behind Steve's back and boinking Sophie. He was just an ABSOLUTE ASSHOLE up and until whatever episode "The Loo Ouch"? I think, when he got his head out of his ass.

And sorry Gina, but Dylan DID NOT ask you to move in with him at the hotel. Your skanky ass invited herself and just stayed when you realized that's where he was staying. And having sex with Dylan but not living with him doesn't make you a whore; so stop with the self-pity. She's just so GODAMN NASTY. There's no logical reason for her being the nasty twat she is.,

And since when is Kelly all purity and doesn't believe in living together? She claims to love Matt, but won't live with him unless they're married? (I dunno, I fast forwarded that scene/conversation); but she sure as hell had NO PROBLEM moving into the Walsh House and trying to change everything to her wants and specifications and making demands of Brandon.

And that whole opening scene with the cops arresting Kelly and Matt was so much nonsense. As was the questioning. But what can you do? It's Beverly Hills, right?

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

STFU Jackie! And all you HACKS who didn’t bother to study the show’s history! If Dylan had any “messes” during high school, it was BRENDA who cleaned them since it was BRENDA who he dated through mostly all of high school! FUCK YOU, SHOW for trying to erase Brenda from Dylan’s life. We didn’t see Her Speshialness pining for Dylan until AFTER she had BETRAYED Brenda by sniffing after Dylan and snogging with him and whatever else they did. They suddenly came up with Dylan and Kelly knowing each other since kindergarten ONLY when he “chose” her. Because the twat didn’t say anything like that when she was gossiping about Dylan to Kelly in the second episode after Brandon told Brenda about him.🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

And Her Speshialness needs to make up her mind-does she want Dylan it Matt? It’s clear it was Dylan, but only on her terms. But regardless, if she was still asking him about where they stood, she had NO BUSINESS accepting a ring from Matt.

And the revelation of Gina as Donna’s sister was a failed plot to redeem her skanky ass.

Dylan never was this dog in the manger moopyschmoopy pathetic loser pining after a judgmental harpy along the lines of Clark doing the same to the Pink Pestilence Lana in Smallville.🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Same with David in regards to Gina. As if she was some naive ingenue, and not the scheming, lying, blackmailing, skanky hosebeast she is. She's no abused child-both she and her mother schemed to get money from Felice. It's all a fucking retcon.

David seems to have just forgotten what a good friend Dylan was to him when he was hooked on meth and the other shit- and what a pathetic loser he was until Donna decided she would go out with him, thus letting him into their circle. And all for that useless piece of trash Gina

And in 10 episodes David and Donna will realize they still wuv each other and get marrit? PUH-LEAZE. I recall their vows vaguely and it was such nonsense, ignoring the lying and cheating David did.

I CANNOT wait until season one rolls back on the 8th.

Was just watching the episode where David proposes to Donna and I love how convenient his yearbook post to her was . “ I kissed you one time and I haven’t stopped wanting to since .” One day I’m gonna marry you .” Along with some other lines he would have never said in high school . I do like the way they built up David and Donna the last bunch of episodes though ( before , during and after his fling with Camille .)  I admit I’m a D + D fan . I feel like the show did a good job of making sure we knew they still loved each other throughout the 10 seasons , even though they obviously couldn’t have stayed together the entire show . During Ray, Joe , Clare , Val , fire deer saving guy etc .. they always had moments between them . 

Kelly and Dylan are a whole different story. How many times are you gonna be engaged and almost married , only to break it off last second ? Kelly was such a mess . At least Dylan knew he was messed up and had commitment issues . Kelly was the eternal victim . Always found a reason the other person was wrong and she was a saint . Only she never was . I wanted to slap her for Matt . Another good guy who treats you right , and you’re still bitching constantly and have such a stronggg connection to Dylan that no one else will ever be good enough . We all saw how much they hated each other and that they had 0 connection with each other , but sure . We’ll go with that . 

• Love 3

Tori Spelling looks so nice at the end of season 10. The dark auburn hair is her best shade yet, she’s covered up her cleavage cavern, her makeup is tasteful and contemporary for the time period.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/29/2019 at 9:29 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

During Ray, Joe , Clare , Val , fire deer saving guy etc ..

It's Cliff, damn it. Cliff. 😉

I will never, ever love the post-college years for making Donna and Gina half-sisters. That storyline was grotesque. 

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 2
(edited)

I’m watching the last episode now . Donnas bachelorette party is pathetic . Mrs . Teasley , her high school principal ? Have they even spoken since the Donna Martin graduates debacle lol . 

I say 24 hours after Donna and David’s wedding , Kelly and Dylan broke up already . She looked like she knew she was making a huge mistake by letting Matt go and running back to Dylan yet again . But I guess at the end of the day between how she ended it with Matt and Brandon , she just realized she needed the drama and they weren’t providing it to her . 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I’m watching the last episode now . Donnas bachelorette party is pathetic . Mrs . Teasley , her high school principal ? Have they even spoken since the Donna Martin graduates debacle lol . 

I say 24 hours after Donna and David’s wedding , Kelly and Dylan broke up already . She looked like she knew she was making a huge mistake by letting Matt go and running back to Dylan yet again . But I guess at the end of the day between how she ended it with Matt and Brandon , she just realized she needed the drama and they weren’t providing it to her . 

for Realzies!

And since that horrid "reboot" had Kelly give birth to this Pod!Dylan's spawn--and retconned it so that Kelly had ALWAYS been his girlfriend and NOT Brenda, and that Dylan, who had HUGE ABANDONMENT ISSUES, ABANDONED said spawn, has been erased for the new show premiering next month, My head canon will be, Dylan going back to Brenda, and BEGGING for a second/third chance groveling and both living happily in Europe.

• Love 1
(edited)

YES!!!! I made it through!

First, David/Brian was soooo adorably good looking!

But Donna? She looked practically FUGLY at her own wedding. No eye make-up and that atrocious white eyeshadow. UGH. Her face looked all splotchy and it looked like her boobs would pop out from her dress. And that horrid horrid whisper-speak returned with a vengeance during the exchange of vows. 

I just wanted to 🤮🤮🤮🤮 at the looks between Dylan and Kelly.

Oh but the HYPOCRISY just burns! She’s whaling into Dylan for not telling her about Matt cheating on her, as if she NEVER cheated on Matt. As if she’s ALWAYS been the faithful type. Gee I remember her BETRAYING her best friend and Boinking Dylan in Mexico. So she can just STFU.

So can Matt. He was right about Kelly’s unhealthy connection to Dylan. So much rose tinted glasses with that fucked up miserable relationship. Not even close to the relationship he had with Brenda-in richness, depth, commitment, and happiness.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

YES!!!! I made it through!

First, David/Brian was soooo adorably good looking!

But Donna? She looked practically FUGLY at her own wedding. No eye make-up and that atrocious white eyeshadow. UGH. Her face looked all splotchy and it looked like her boobs would pop out from her dress. And that horrid horrid whisper-speak returned with a vengeance during the exchange of vows. 

I just wanted to 🤮🤮🤮🤮 at the looks between Dylan and Kelly.

Oh but the HYPOCRISY just burns! She’s whaling into Dylan for not telling her about Matt cheating on her, as if she NEVER cheated on Matt. As if she’s ALWAYS been the faithful type. Gee I remember her BETRAYING her best friend and Boinking Dylan in Mexico. So she can just STFU.

So can Matt. He was right about Kelly’s unhealthy connection to Dylan. So much rose tinted glasses with that fucked up miserable relationship. Not even close to the relationship he had with Brenda-in richness, depth, commitment, and happiness.

Donna looked terrible at the wedding . She doesn’t have a particularly nice face , so wearing her hair up and tight to her head just did not suit her .. and her terrible boobs were out and about as usual . 

But I always tear up during their vows to each other . Unlike Dylan and Kelly , I do feel the connection when watching Donna and David and do truly think they loved each other throughout the show . And they dated for almost 3 years the first time , if I recall correctly . Brian was great during the vows and his tears seemed so genuine . 

• Love 4
On 3/14/2017 at 6:16 PM, AndySmith said:

Kelly didn't exactly resemble her half-sister either...then again, none of the Walsh kids resembled Jim or Cindy as well.

Really? I thought Brenda looked appropriately like Jim but inherited Cindy's blue eyes, and Brandon favored Cindy. (Especially when he lost baby fat in his face.) The closest look was probably Kelly and Jackie, although I always thought it was funny that Kelly and Val's mother also looked so much alike.

Vanessa Marcil was clearly slotted in to be the "bad girl" after Val left and it just felt like a stupid rehash.

Steve and Janet were definitely my bright spot of these years.

• Love 3

The Gang is just a year younger than me, but I never understood how "adult" they were towards mid college and beyond.  Yes, they have access to all sorts of funds, but in the LA area, very few post-grad kids have their own businesses (newspaper, designer shoppe, PR firm, law firm, night club).  Most were starting out- which was one of the few things that Melrose got right.  

In that same place, I didn't have many friends who were so "domesticated" (kids, engaged).  Why is Kelly always getting married?  She's so young! Just date someone for a few months already!!

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

The Gang is just a year younger than me, but I never understood how "adult" they were towards mid college and beyond.  Yes, they have access to all sorts of funds, but in the LA area, very few post-grad kids have their own businesses (newspaper, designer shoppe, PR firm, law firm, night club).  Most were starting out- which was one of the few things that Melrose got right.  

In that same place, I didn't have many friends who were so "domesticated" (kids, engaged).  Why is Kelly always getting married?  She's so young! Just date someone for a few months already!!

Totally agree. Everything about them mid-post college is ridiculously "adult." Like I get that some wealthy kids of wealthy parents might have some opportunities land in their laps, but good god, that the show expects us to believe that Steve and Brandon somehow *earned* the Beverly Beat, or that Donna became a fashion designer based on pure spunk and raw talent - all within a year of graduating college - is a bridge too far for me. While they did play the typical "oh, it's so hard to be a graduate when there are no jobs!" card, of course that all got sorted out before anything interesting or realistic could occur. Even Val owning a club is a stretch, but given that the PPAD is hardly a success, and Val is a badass, she's the only one I kinda sorta buy having the job that she does. 

Plus, it doesn't help that most of them (with the exceptions of Val, Donna, and David) all dress like they're well into middle age. Brandon's suits and ties are hilariously out of place on a character that's supposed to be in his early 20s. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, GrahamV said:

Plus, it doesn't help that most of them (with the exceptions of Val, Donna, and David) all dress like they're well into middle age. Brandon's suits and ties are hilariously out of place on a character that's supposed to be in his early 20s. 

Yes!  Remember Dylan's suits too? It felt a lot like some "30-something" show vs a show about post-college life.  This was around the same time as Reality Bites.  Everyone should be working at The Gap or some crappy office manager job at best.  And Steve/Janet never seem to worry about bills and the cost of the kid (are they living rent free in the Walsh house). 

It seems that the only "contemporary" thing about the show was the music and the hideous Limited Express outfits that the girls wear.  Chucky Frankenshoes forever!  

• Love 4

Brandon was so good looking in seasons 1-4 , but after that he filled out and his sideburns grew out and the shelf hair became more apparent and he just didn’t look as good anymore . 

It was sad when he left the show but I always imagined him moving to Washington , meeting a Susan Keats type and getting married to someone who wasn’t a bitch ( looking at you kel ) . He was too boring for Kellys standards and they were both so judgmental together that it was just enough with them after a while .  

I feel like aaahndrea got a bigger sendoff than Brandon and Brenda which was weird . 

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I feel like aaahndrea got a bigger sendoff than Brandon and Brenda which was weird . 

SHE did get a bigger send off, with flashbacks included! Brenda/Shannen got ZILCH. And Brandon got zilch, with the added revisionist history.

• Love 5
On 7/22/2019 at 10:33 PM, GrahamV said:

I think that Jason wanted to be taken seriously as an adult actor and thus dressed like the nearly 30-year old he was instead of the 23-year old he playing. Same thing was basically true for Jennie and Luke, when he got back.

I still think it's fucking hilarious that this show did a 5-year reunion, as if those are actually a thing. LOL. Val learning about St. Kelly's checkered past and helping her get rid of the slut-shaming tile in the girl's bathroom was a high point of the post-college years.

On 7/22/2019 at 10:33 PM, GrahamV said:

Donna became a fashion designer based on pure spunk and raw talent

I loved the bit where Donna's fashion designs are colored in by Erin and they're a hit.

Also the bit where someone bought her clothes and returned them because they thought it was Donna Karen. Honestly, it would have been funny if Donna Karen sent out a cease and desist order for copyright infringement.

• Love 2
On 7/23/2019 at 3:44 PM, CurlyATX said:

Yes!  Remember Dylan's suits too? It felt a lot like some "30-something" show vs a show about post-college life.   

Dylan's suits in season 5 were a ridiculous choice for a "20" year old. And having him hanging out with 40 something, balding Charlie didn't help. Those scenes of Dylan giving Andrea freaking marital advice after she had an affair are 1000% Thirtysomething plot rip offs, just with much worse writing. 

With the exception of Clare, Val and Donna, I think everyone looked like a Melrose Place/Thirtysomething character starting in season 5. Maybe not every episode, but more than enough of them. Even babyfaced Val was wearing freaking power suits once the PPA got off the ground. 

It's 100% clear that  by season 5 the writers were just really over writing a show about teens.

Catching Andrea's goodbye on a rerun is oddly enough what made me a fan of the character.

I think that goodbye was so emotional and well done because she was the first of the original gang to leave on good terms. Gabrielle was well liked by the cast and crew. Her exit wasn't dictated by scandal, and she wasn't hated by her coworkers. That goodbye is one of those times where it really felt like folks were talking to the actor, not necessarily the character.

Edited by ButIAm
  • Love 3