Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Locker Board, WYP Aviation, Sierra Madre Research, Simple Habit / S09.E02: The Seventy2, Jackson's Honest, Qball, Trippie

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

If you look up each pitch individually on Gazette Review, or other sites, it states where the client is now and how they are doing. I just started doing that in the past year and I’m amazed at how many times Robert or Lori reneg.

Gazette Review.  huh, never heard of that.  So those sites tell you who reneged?  Interesting.  You should post that in this thread when you do that!  

I am not surprised to hear Lori's deals fall through.  If you go on QVC you have to have a lot of product because thousands can be sold in one program (?) or stint.  I bet that is why because she never talks about that.  

Robert who knows.  I like the guy but his few deals are often odd and not in his field. 

On 10/3/2017 at 6:25 AM, cork dork said:

My condolences on the loss of your dad. There's a fabulous free app, Meditation Studio, that would probably be perfect for your sis. It offers hundreds of guided meditations and has loads of accolades (Time Mag's Top 50 apps, etc.) as there's something for everyone, including those new to meditation and/or those who find it difficult.

I just searched for Mediation Studio and now it costs $3.99. :( Are there any other free apps for mediation you would recommend, Cork Dork?

On 10/1/2017 at 10:08 PM, Dots And Stripes said:

Having the mom of the airport app guy waiting for him felt like a set up. Like the producers knew he would get called an entitled millennial and had mommy there to prove the point. I get the sharks' point that you have to succeed on the merit of your product, but I also thought Cuban was more adversarial than necessary. 

This is the first time I thought this person was an actor.  

On 10/2/2017 at 8:13 PM, Thrifty said:

It's not "gold digger" in the traditional meaning of a person who pursues a relationship with a wealthy person for monetary gain.  In Shark Tank lingo, a gold digger is someone who comes on the show for free exposure, and is not interested in a deal.  They've used this term to describe male investors several times in the past.

I wish that he had used different language ONLY because it gave her a chance to look victimized by Cuban.

And maybe it's me, but as impressive as her resume was, I kept thinking "That's it?" when she discussed the app.  And then that very brief "Think of something positive" mantra.  Do people really need this?

On Trippie guy, to be fair to him, how many times has some mom cries about the sacrifices she has made for a product that doesn't seem so great and gets massive sympathy and sometimes a deal?  Maybe that kid, or um, actor, thought why not go for it?  That whole segment was so ridiculous I can't even believe that was an actual person, not an actor.

• Love 1
On October 8, 2017 at 4:18 PM, Katmai said:

I just searched for Mediation Studio and now it costs $3.99. :( Are there any other free apps for mediation you would recommend, Cork Dork?

Well, that kinda sucks since I checked to see if it'd changed to be sure I was giving you correct info. 

Mine still has no mention of a fee in the store; perhaps it's because I picked it up via Starbucks weekly app promos within their app. Fortunately, a few reviews mention it or I'd be wondering wtf was going on. 

The only reason I got it was because of the company that produces it; I'd already been subscribed to that for a few years and when it comes to health/wellness/alt news etc types of programming, others can't touch what they do, so I gave it a whirl as others I'd tried pretty much sucked. 

I've listened to several over the last few days and they're just meh. They annoy with their condescension meets breathy spiritual voices and/or they're just boring. Factor in how many now charge monthly and it's ridonkulousness taken to the extreme. 

Based on the reviews, the fee is a one-time deal with no additional in-app purchases. If you want to take a look, the parent company is Gaiam TV. They have a knack for getting the best of the best for the subject being addressed (it wouldn't surprise if there's a lot of crossover with the talent on the TV side also involved with the app).

TL:DR - I wish I could let your sis use my app for a while to see if it's helpful for her. 

• Love 1
On 10/1/2017 at 8:08 PM, Dots And Stripes said:

Having the mom of the airport app guy waiting for him felt like a set up. Like the producers knew he would get called an entitled millennial and had mommy there to prove the point. I get the sharks' point that you have to succeed on the merit of your product, but I also thought Cuban was more adversarial than necessary. 

I think Cuban was right on, and the actions of the kid confirmed it. He just could not believe that he worked on something that he thought was great but others didn’t. His look of shock, then irritation because clearly the sharks didn’t understand, and then mopey walk off were perfect examples of how millennials react. And then... the person who made him that way was waiting off stage... his mom. If she was a set up, then he and the whole thing was. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Ottis said:

I think Cuban was right on, and the actions of the kid confirmed it. He just could not believe that he worked on something that he thought was great but others didn’t. His look of shock, then irritation because clearly the sharks didn’t understand, and then mopey walk off were perfect examples of how millennials react. And then... the person who made him that way was waiting off stage... his mom. If she was a set up, then he and the whole thing was. 

Not all millennials react that way and that is exactly what bugged me about it. It's the show playing into a lazy stereotype. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Dots And Stripes said:

Not all millennials react that way and that is exactly what bugged me about it. It's the show playing into a lazy stereotype. 

Agree, not everyone who is part of a group acts like the stereotype about the group. I don't think that's at issue. In this case, this person did act like the millennial stereotype, so much so that some wonder if he is an actor. If he isnt , he just reinforced the stereotype.

• Love 2

I'm so sad about Jackson! From the intro package it looked like all his siblings adored him, so they must be just as devastated as the parents.

I didn't appreciate the water tossing and didn't think Branson had anything interesting to say. I hope he doesn't come back.

I never thought I'd say this, but part of me was wishing Chris Sacca had been there to tell the special snowflake with the useless airport app just how ridiculous his $1M valuation was given the measly 800 downloads and 146 monthly active users (most of whom I'm sure are the guy's FB friends). Cuban and Robert did a good job checking his general sense of entitlement, but someone needed to laugh him out of the room for those numbers specifically.

Edited by chocolatine
On 06/10/2017 at 10:50 PM, Drapers4thWife said:

There are not only plenty of free meditation apps, but the fancier ones cost around $1.99 to own forever! Who in the world would pay $11.99 a month to subscribe to any app, much less a meditation one where it's not like it's dependent on new content? (Find the audio with the calmest voice that relaxes you and can use it for as long as you want, it's not like you need a different video every day to meditate.) That's about what I pay for commercial free Hulu. 

I am catching up and just saw this one. Maybe it is because i am not into doing meditation but really don't get the value of this. 11.99 a month. That costs more than a month of netflix, and i can't imagine getting more out of a meditation app then I do out of netflix.

• Love 2