Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Sting of the Tail

• Start Topic

On 10/11/2017 at 0:28 PM, Pindrop said:

Yeah an odd mistake when a passing knowledge of the Bond franchise would correct this. 

The reason I turned off this episode was the needless exposition regarding the ear identification at the start, which made me assume either the writers are morons, or they think their audience is.

Or being viewers of the BBC's Spooks/MI:5, which is the kind of thing I would seek and maybe even expect from writers hired for this type of job (i.e., you probably wouldn't want the writers whose last jobs were on TV Land and Nick at Nite shows.  You'd want spy-themed writers).  

Late to the party: I've been watching on Netflix. It's not the greatest show there is, but my tv standards have gone down in the last year.

As soon as Emily showed up in her white dress... I spent the rest of the episode trying to figure out how the dress was not falling off? I assumed there were invisible straps, but I didn't see them. I was so distracted by this that I didn't pay that much attention to the episode.

However, 

On 10/6/2017 at 4:58 PM, thuganomics85 said:

I guess it was Casual Wednesday at the beginning of the episode, since Aaron was just rocking a polo shirt during all of the meetings, instead of a suit like normal.

I agree Aaron was hot in that polo shirt they need to have the actor in casual clothes more often! 

On 10/4/2017 at 9:10 PM, TobinAlbers said:

Well Aaron now has a love interest with the newly hired White House council. That's something.

I also get the vibe that the new white house council is a potential love interest for Aaron. Now the question is...

On 10/14/2017 at 2:10 AM, Chas411 said:

Emily and Aaron were one of the bright spots of season one - I can't believe they've been dropped in favour of Emily/Seth and Aaraon/Hannah.

Will there be a love triangle between Aaron, Emily, & new white house council? Or have the writers dropped Emily & Aaron for Emily & Seth? I've gotten a Emily & Seth love interest vibe this season as well.  However, I'm not getting a Aaron & Hannah love interest vibe.

If Hannah is to have a love interest, I feel there is a potential love triangle between Hannah, British dude, & Chuck. In season 1 I got the distinct impression Chuck had romantic feeling for Hannah.

On 10/5/2017 at 7:39 AM, Biggie B said:

I thought the President's in-laws were Russian (hence him having learned Russian) - yet his mother in law sure had no accent of any sort. 

I was confused on this as well! Tom made a big deal that the wife's family didn't like him or think he was good enough for Alex, so to win them over he learned Russian. But the MIL didn't sound even a bit Russian. I guess the writers forgot their own storyline. 

Edited by Fireball
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Fireball said:

Tom made a big deal that the wife's family didn't like him or think he was good enough for Alex, so to win them over he learned Russian. But the MIL didn't sound even a bit Russian. I guess the writers forgot their own storyline.

That bugged me so much. Hubby and I are also watching for the first time and we aren't much farther along than you, so I don't know if it's ever brought up again or just truly dropped, but it was very jarring especially since they had just so recently had the episode where he tells the story about learning Russian to impress his future in-laws. I could handwave away one mention at the very beginning of the series being dropped, but not something they had made a point to bring up again so recently. Jeez.

7 hours ago, Fireball said:

I guess it was Casual Wednesday at the beginning of the episode, since Aaron was just rocking a polo shirt during all of the meetings, instead of a suit like normal.

Heh. They were all in casual clothes! I think Emily even had jeans on. I literally turned to hubby and said, is Casual Friday at the White House really a thing? LOL. So weird.

• Love 1