Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E01: The Widow On Solway Road (Raynella Dossett Leath)

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

I thought she got away with murder.  I have seen her case at least twice.  Very strange move on the part of the judge. The liklihood of him shooting himself 3 times seems implausible.  As the daughter said she was a lucky person.

• Love 8

That judge's decision to give her a pass is suspicious.  I wonder if there was anything about those two from the past.  Either that or he was paid off?  Just doesn't make sense to save this woman from what could very well have been murder in the judgment of the jury.

I hope they investigate into the death of her first husband, who was trampled to death by his own cattle supposedly, yet he was chock full of morphine and a dying man.

There was nothing sweet or pretty about Raynella and she looks like a scheming shrew.

• Love 4

Livestock will surely step on your foot if you're trying to hold them for the vet.  They will occasionally bump you, too.  But they will try to avoid stepping on your prone body under almost any circumstances, and would need to be driven into a tightly packed frenzy of panic to do so.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, CelticBlackCat said:

hope they investigate into the death of her first husband, who was trampled to death by his own cattle supposedly, yet he was chock full of morphine and a dying man.

I don't even though I think that she probably did it because it's just a waste of funds when several people said he could have done it himself, I doubt they would find any additional evidence to convict her.

I think she did it but I wonder why a marks woman is apparently such a bad shot, not only with the husband but with the other guy.

• Love 1

That guy who was nearly shot by Raynella was the most jovial, witty guy who was almost murdered ever.  He needs to get a show on ID narrating a "can you believe this dumbass" type of crime show.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I don't even though I think that she probably did it because it's just a waste of funds when several people said he could have done it himself, I doubt they would find any additional evidence to convict her.

I think she did it but I wonder why a marks woman is apparently such a bad shot, not only with the husband but with the other guy.

Can I get "Incompetent Criminals 101" for $500, Alex?

Bonus points for Keystone Kops.

Back to my original point - ain't nobody gonna commit suicide by cattle.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, walnutqueen said:

Can I get "Incompetent Criminals 101" for $500, Alex?

Bonus points for Keystone Kops.

Back to my original point - ain't nobody gonna commit suicide by cattle.

Haha ain't nobody gonna commit suicide by cattle. Amen!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

She had been in the rifle club in her earlier days.  Maybe she wasn't that great even then.  Maybe her eyesight got worse over the years.  I was thinking that perhaps she had used a towel or cloth to hold the gun to her second husband's head and that's why the shot missed because it was too clumsy with her finger.  Or maybe hubby moved his head as she shot.  There is no way someone is going to shoot themselves in the head and then still be holding the gun and a hand reflex gets off another shot.  The coroner said he was dead from the second shot instantly.

• Love 1

I have seen this case covered on other shows. She married David 6 months after her 1st husband and David had property next door to her ranch and that was the motive.  I think it is a fairly strong one at that.  Erin is good but she really dropped the ball on this one.  There was a lot left out.

I really felt bad for the jurors in this case.  I do surveys online and sometimes I will finish one and then am told I ws disqualified.  It angers me because I spent the time on it. I always think why not stop me when you have enough responses. So I would be very pissed if I spent days on a jury and was ready to deliberate and the judge shuts it down.  That is too much power. We have all seen the cases like Russ Faria that were a total joke and no judge stepped in. 

Also i did not like her lawyer and agree with the juror.  The jury had it right IMO and he shut it down. I have been thinking about this and it really bugs. I did however get a totally unique way of committing murder, death by cattle.  If Walnut Queen doesn't mind and I decide to write a muder mystery, death by cattle will be the method..  If I am lucky and do this very soon I may be able to get Sam Elliot to star in the movie that is sure to follow. So thanks.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, applecrisp said:

I did however get a totally unique way of committing murder, death by cattle.  If Walnut Queen doesn't mind and I decide to write a muder mystery, death by cattle will be the method..  If I am lucky and do this very soon I may be able to get Sam Elliot to star in the movie that is sure to follow. So thanks.

I will not raise an objection, IF I am allowed to read your first draft.  Perhaps your second murder novella could be "Death by the Budweiser Clydesdales".  You heard it here first.

• Love 2

I thought she was guilty.  I really thought the state had proved their case.  However the judge had the authority to do what he did based upon the statutes. So, I have to disagree with the juror that called it stealing the case out of their hands.

I sure don't see it the way the judge did though.  

3 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

So, I have to disagree with the juror that called it stealing the case out of their hands.

Also, as if the criminal justice system isn't riddled with examples of juries getting it wrong so his sanctimonious attitude annoyed me. Not that I don't think she is guilty I just thought his point was dumb.

• Love 3

I mean, from where I sat, the state didn't prove the case.  They did just as much with smoke and mirrors as the defense did.  There was nothing linking her to it, no DNA or fingerprints on the gun.  Just a lot of "Well, we think it might've happened this way based on the way the bullet hit the headboard." and I'm sorry but I'm done with putting people in jail with that kind of "evidence".  It's not really evidence and all it does is confuse juries who then vote to convict on the basis of "Well, we think she did it, because who else would have?" and that's not proving a case.  

I think she did it, but I have no basis in fact for that judgment other than her first husband died under suspicious circumstances and some other dude said she tried to shoot him.  But, there's a caveat with that one too, did he go to the cops after she did this?  Did he make a report?  Did he tell someone?  Or did he just regain his memory suddenly when she was on trial?  Because that's suspicious as well.

So, in the end, it sucks but she got away with it.  Is it plausible he killed himself?  About as plausible that an expert shot missed shooting a sleeping man in the head.

Edited by CaughtOnTape
  • Love 3