Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E07: Oh My, Versailles

crgirl412

On 03/10/2017 at 1:09 AM, eurekagirl mOo said:

I lost my son 8 years ago. Everyone grieves differently. You have to smile and put one foot in front of the other and TRY to keep living without your kid. It's hard. It's heartbreaking. It's tragic. It's unnatural.

I have lost many loved ones but I think the loss of a child must be unbearable. We never expect to outlive our children... I wish I knew the words that might convey some comfort to you Eurekagirl but I guess I can’t, so I will just say that I am glad you shared this .... it has given me some extra thankfulness today that I still have my four (now adult) children here. 

• Love 6

Thank you CrinkleCutCat! It's been 8 years , 9 this Feb ('18) I still miss him every day but I have learned to carry on. But the first 3 or 4 years I was a MESS!!! Didn't think I'd ever get over the loss. But you do learn to live with it and not let it destroy you. I use my Aunt as an example, she had 10 kids, 2 drowned and she has buried 2 husbands. Last Sunday she got married---at 87! So, you have to keep going because you don't know what's around the corner. Peace and Love, EurekaGirl

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Thank you CrinkleCutCat! It's been 8 years , 9 this Feb ('18) I still miss him every day but I have learned to carry on. But the first 3 or 4 years I was a MESS!!! Didn't think I'd ever get over the loss. But you do learn to live with it and not let it destroy you. I use my Aunt as an example, she had 10 kids, 2 drowned and she has buried 2 husbands. Last Sunday she got married---at 87! So, you have to keep going because you don't know what's around the corner. Peace and Love, EurekaGirl

One foot in front of the other and love who is still here; honour the memory of your lost loved one/s; remember them and live a good life for them. Absorb the support from strangers like me!

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
  • Love 4
On 10/25/2017 at 5:55 AM, eurekagirl mOo said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. My daughter's life long best friend lost her son 3 weeks before his second birthday.  She had found out she was pregnant the week before he passed away. She said that the pregnancy is the only thing that kept her going.   He would have turned 7 this past January.  She said that you never get over it but eventually you learn to adjust to the new normal. 

• Love 5
On 10/25/2017 at 6:16 AM, CrinkleCutCat said:

One foot in front of the other and love who is still here; honour the memory of your lost loved one/s; remember them and live a good life for them. Absorb the support from strangers like me!

So beautifully stated and straight from the heart! 

• Love 2