Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E09: Hit the Field

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I have been waiting for this episode. First, I want to say that I like both Jenna and Holly for what they bring to the team with their dancing. I would miss seeing their presence in DCC’s performances. I don't know the whole details about the fraternization-- just like everybody else on this matter--but we still got our opinions (LOL).   I learned more about what entails being a leader according to DCC last week.  It's a big job because they are responsible for grown folks off the field behavior and managing it.  Jenna just got too friendly with Holly the way I see it.  It is sad she allowed this friendship to affect her place on the team.  I am sure it was a painful lesson.  The lesson I hope she learned: don't let anybody drag you down and follow the rules to the best of your ability to keep your job.  Getting too friendly as a leader, like a supervisor, on the team is just dangerous; you pay the cost if you don't constantly check the girls for breaking DCC's rules.  I don’t agree with making others responsible for others' behavior, so it was painful for me to watch Jenna’s office segment visit.  I fully understand DCC’s leader responsibilities. I know the leader role was to put DCC first and act like an extension to Kelli and Judy when they are not around.  

A lasting memory I got from watching this episode was I hated the spin cycle segment.  It was pointless to me.  The reason for it was just silly.  It was not entertaining enough for my TV viewing. 

Edited by DaisyFields500
  • Love 1

Hi all, 

I am new to the forum but not new to DCC mtt, I have been watching it since the get go.  Am I the only one who thought when they were talking to Jenna and Judy said " would you left your friends jump off a cliff , no,? why let them do this? " All I could think was Holly is an adult , This is not Jennas responsibility , she is not Hollys Keeper.  She even said she had told her several times, and she was hoping she would do the right thing.  I get being a Team leader and all that, but if the main reason Jenna was getting into trouble was because she "Let" Holly do what she did, I think that is just wrong.   Just my thoughts . 

And yes, The spin class was stupid, as is Melissa being there.   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TamiLynn said:

Hi all, 

I am new to the forum but not new to DCC mtt, I have been watching it since the get go.  Am I the only one who thought when they were talking to Jenna and Judy said " would you left your friends jump off a cliff , no,? why let them do this? " All I could think was Holly is an adult , This is not Jennas responsibility , she is not Hollys Keeper.  She even said she had told her several times, and she was hoping she would do the right thing.  I get being a Team leader and all that, but if the main reason Jenna was getting into trouble was because she "Let" Holly do what she did, I think that is just wrong.   Just my thoughts . 

I had the same thinking about Kelli's comments. I instantly felt Kelli made Jenna more responsible for Holly's behavior than Holly herself.  I thought about it some more after the show and figured it was because of her role as leader.  People expect more of the people they give higher positions and desire them to handle things in a manner they would if they were there.  She can't watch a girl do wrong.  She has to do something about it.  Her options were to advise and if the girl does not change to report to Kelli or get a consequence right along with her.  Jenna allowed Holly to involve her in the mess by not fulfilling her responsibility.  It's a tough role.  I think Kelli was questioning her judgment.  

Edited by DaisyFields500
8 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

RAYLYNN, HONEY, NOoooo. Those hideous boots, her general 'golly gee im just so country' vibe.  Barf.  

I don't know which was shinier, Raylynn's boots or her makeup.

• Love 1
On 10/1/2017 at 1:13 PM, woodscommaelle said:

When Kelli was imitating Christina after she walked out of the office with "I can't breathe," Judy had the cutest little giggle reaction to that.  

I loved Judy's 'stop!" to Keyra when she was having trouble on the field. Judy knows 100% that Keyra can do it; she just psyched herself out.  She needed that bit of tough love from Judy which I don't normally like, but I think it's exactly what Keyra needed to hear.

Anyone know if Jessika and Kyndall are still roommates?  Just curious.

I really like Kelli and Judy, but especially Judy. 

• Love 3

Madeline has a heart of gold.... I've given her a hard time because I don't think she has the DCC look, but on their off weekend when the Cowboys were on the road two weekends in a row, she went and cleaned up flooded houses in Southeast Texas. I'm not sure if she was in Beaumont, Port Arthur, or Houston, but she did a ton of clean up work post Harvey. As a Houstonian, and as someone whose neighborhood looks like a war zone (our house is fine!), and has friends who lost everything, Madeline rocks. She didn't have to travel down here and do that. Love her! 

• Love 15

@PrincessLeia, I am glad to hear you made it through Harvey. 

I thought RayLynn was adorable, but IMHO she is way more pop music than country. I dunno....I kinda liked her space boots. The weird hair color and face piercings, no so much. 

Edited by tinabee1967
2 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

Forgive me for chiming in. I cannot speak for others, but after being through two other hurricanes, I pretty much knew what to expect when Irma came through. Hurricanes really are annoying and very disruptive to your routine, to say the least. And the no water/ flooded roads/ no electricity/gas/stores closed thing just sucks afterward. The heat and humidity are also no help.

Never mind. 

Edited by PrincessLeia
6 hours ago, ByTor said:

That's great, I can't imagine what a scary time that was for those of you who live there.

I also meant to quote the Harvey survivor.

Gladyou all were okay. My family rode out Harvey in Orange TX and then my husband's family were in Miami. Crazy times. 

And so glad to see Maddi doing service work outside of DCC. She appears to be a good soul and I think she is cute as a button. 

Edited by ElenaFR
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Java said:

I feel like Kelli pointing them out was basically like "bless your heart"  Those better not have been expensive because they looked so cheap.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Java said:

There is a fairly new line of cosmetics called Milk that you can find at Sephora. The finish is very dewy/glossy. They market to the younger age demographic. It would not surprise me if that is what RayLynn wore.

Edited by tinabee1967
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, TamiLynn said:

Hi all, 

There has to be more to this with Jenna than what was shown.     I think what went unsaid was that Jenna was with Holly in the clubs and saw her with players.    I think they think as a leader she should have addressed it with her and when Holly continued to do it, she should have went to Kelly and Judy.   Not left them finding out from other sources.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Jennifer J said:

There has to be more to this with Jenna than what was shown.     I think what went unsaid was that Jenna was with Holly in the clubs and saw her with players.    I think they think as a leader she should have addressed it with her and when Holly continued to do it, she should have went to Kelly and Judy.   Not left them finding out from other sources.

I think that Kelli and Judy were trying to be  classy and dignified about confronting Holly and Jenna without going into gory details. If they had to, I am sure they made certain CMT left that footage on the cutting room floor. That's how I see it, anyway. K and J did all they could to properly address the issues without tarnishing the DCC's reputation further. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 1

And that’s why I said there was lots of editing. Like right before Holly looks all guilty and says “I don’t know what to say”.  It seems like  K & J said something very specific (like “Look at this pic....isn’t this you with ur cash & prizes all up in Mr Tightend’s grill at the club?!”) 

Edited by exitstageleft
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, exitstageleft said:

And that’s why I said there was lots of editing. Like right before Holly looks all guilty and says “I don’t inow why to say”.  It seems like  K & J said something very specific (like “Look at this pic....isn’t this you with ur cash & prizes all up in Mr Tightend’s grill at the club?!”) 

That's exactly what Kitty would say. ? We need to have a Kitty Uncensored episode. Badly!!

• Love 6
On 10/3/2017 at 2:03 AM, SunshineSally said:

I’m lol at how many people can’t believe the winner doesn’t live there. Southlake is a wealthy neighborhood of Dallas- one of many- and yes, people here live like that. Not me, at all, but other people! It did seem staged, but it was staged by the DL people for her video. It was in entertainment articles and on twitter the day after it happened. She did it in other cities with other winners if I remember right. I’m sure the winners had to put their address on the entry, and it was someone’s job to make sure the “winners” lived in nice houses that could accommodate and look good in a video shoot. I also got the feeling that as soon as the cameras left, the moms rolled out the champagne fountain so the teenagers could party like they’re accustomed to ?

I don't doubt that people live like that in Dallas, but I seriously doubt that the "winner" was chosen at random.  They knew exactly what they were looking for and chose accordingly.

• Love 2
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 0:51 AM, Bailey3606 said:

I didn't find the touching of the Star thing creepy. The players touch that exact Star every time they run from the locker room to the practice field. It's just a thing that they do.

That Star is iconic ✭

I wondered if they all touched the Star because it was The Place Cassie Was Proposed To.  But then I remembered that was at the old stadium :)

11 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

That's exactly what Kitty would say. ? We need to have a Kitty Uncensored episode. Badly!!

I know Kitty seems to LOVE Holly.  I wonder how she feels about all this?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

I wondered if they all touched the Star because it was The Place Cassie Was Proposed To.  But then I remembered that was at the old stadium :)

I know Kitty seems to LOVE Holly.  I wonder how she feels about all this?

Disappointed AF.

• Love 2

I'm new to the forum and late to this discussion, too!  I've been catching up with the episodes online.

The situation with Holly and Jenna is really upsetting to me.  I love Holly and will miss her dancing, BUT...

It seems like Kelly is letting Holly's talent get in the way of following a hard and fast RULE in the contract.  Holly compounded her guilt by not coming clean immediately.  If Jenna had reported Holly the very first time she broke the rule -- Kelly might have give Holly a very stern "no more chances after this" warning and let her to stay. 

But Jenna did not -- for whatever reason -- and wouldn't have said a word about Holly's activities had she not been called in.  If Kelly were sticking with the rules, she would cut Holly, AND Jenna, because Jenna would be partially responsible for Holly being cut, because she failed Holly by NOT reporting her right away.

HOWEVER, from what was said on this episode, it looks like they will keep her, and Jenna.

On ‎9‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:05 PM, SunshineSally said:

She also seemed pretty slick in her exit. Every girl who’s been called into the office exits into Cowboys Fit where all the girls are waiting for that thumbs up or thumbs down. Holly seemed like she left down a hallway and avoided seeing her teammates.

We can add cowardly to Holly's character.

1 hour ago, bootsiemom said:

I'm new to the forum and late to this discussion, too!  I've been catching up with the episodes online.

The situation with Holly and Jenna is really upsetting to me.  I love Holly and will miss her dancing, BUT...

It seems like Kelly is letting Holly's talent get in the way of following a hard and fast RULE in the contract.  Holly compounded her guilt by not coming clean immediately.  If Jenna had reported Holly the very first time she broke the rule -- Kelly might have give Holly a very stern "no more chances after this" warning and let her to stay. 

But Jenna did not -- for whatever reason -- and wouldn't have said a word about Holly's activities had she not been called in.  If Kelly were sticking with the rules, she would cut Holly, AND Jenna, because Jenna would be partially responsible for Holly being cut, because she failed Holly by NOT reporting her right away.

HOWEVER, from what was said on this episode, it looks like they will keep her, and Jenna.

All of this could have been avoided if Jenna had a sit down with Holly and K&J when it first began. It showed Jenna as a bad leader and Holly as an entitled brat.

• Love 2
On 9/29/2017 at 4:51 PM, PBSLover said:

Melissa has made A LOT of money from her reality tv fame.  After the Bachelor and DWTS, she got an ABC contract.  She guest hosted Bachelor in Paradise with Chris Harrison, became a GMA correspondent covering premieres, the Academy Awards, and doing in-studio appearances, and she did stuff for whatever entertainment show is on ABC.  She also had a CMT contract and had her reality show. And then she did a second round with DWTS and won, as well as toured with them I don’t know how many times.  She also wrote a book.

Oh, she also used to accept paid appearances in Las Vegas and Los Angeles for hotels/clubs/whatever for which she would make big bucks!

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 1
On 10/5/2017 at 2:25 AM, 123DCCWoooo said:

I don't doubt that people live like that in Dallas, but I seriously doubt that the "winner" was chosen at random.  They knew exactly what they were looking for and chose accordingly.

That’s exactly what I said ?

On 9/28/2017 at 10:04 PM, Jazzmom said:

Jenna is the bus.  She did exactly what Holly did and blamed it on Holly.  Seems like Kelli was referencing "locker room" chat.

I do not like Jinelle anymore.  She was smiling when she got up.

And I do like how K&J handled the situation.  I want to give Kelli a hug.  You could tell it was hard for her.  

IMG_9410.JPG

I cant say I blame Janelle for smiling about Jenna (if that is what she is doing).. It must be a relief Jenna got caught for her bad behavior.

On 12/22/2017 at 2:39 PM, missmansfield said:

I cant say I blame Janelle for smiling about Jenna (if that is what she is doing).. It must be a relief Jenna got caught for her bad behavior.

She literally just smiling in a screen grab. It has nothing to do w/ Jenna. There are other things going on. What a reach.

• Love 3

Hi everyone.

My first post.

I have a longtime interest in American Football, both College and the NFL. 

Also, on my travels, when I visited Texas Stadium back in 1992, the half time show was a celebration of DCC since their inception. The field was FULL of just about every DCC who had ever worn the uniform - quite a sight.

Anyway, years later, now working from home, my late lunch break now coincides with DCC - MTT and I'm hooked. It's something to do with the process K and J go through, I think.

Also, on the corporate side, I did spend 12 years working for American Express in marketing and sales in 4 countries although not the US, so I get all the references to the corporation, brand etc. as applied to the Cowboys.

But if anyone is interested on all of the above, I'll tell more another time.

For now, on the Jenna and Holly issue, it's so easy to pontificate and make decisions on what to do from afar and while watching a show on TV but, if the DCC operation is so strictly linked to and part of the DC brand and has clearly written and communicated policies, as thrust under both women's eyes, if participants breach that code, they have to be cut / thrown out / asked to leave - call it what you will.

What good is such a framework if there is no price to pay for breaching it?

J and H may be veterans and fine performers but as we are shown by the audition process, there are literally hundreds of others out there willing to make the necessary sacrifices. If they were not cut, what are we to conclude? That because J and H look so great, K and J have to suck up the indiscretion? What about all the other spiel about the DCC being representative of the club and ambassadors etc? 

Easy to say but from my own management experience, those who cause trouble and waste your time have to go. Life is too short and achieving success too hard to have team members pulling in the wrong direction.

Finally, although questionable behaviour against the company norm provides some drama and in some ways makes the show fit the profile of a reality show a bit better, on the other hand, an issue with the show that I've had since getting into it a few weeks back (we get a an episode a day at the moment on the ITV Be channel here in the UK) is its squeeky clean image. 

I hear all the mantras about Sisterhood etc but are we really supposed to believe that there aren't clicques, arguments, fights, bitchiness and ruthless behaviour in something so intrinsically competitive and set up to conform to a dog-eat-dog model?

Then again, I may have got that all wrong. Maybe the DCC's really are looking out for each other and the hugs we see when either someone gets cut or not are genuine?

I look forward to episode 10 tomorrow. 

PS Enjoying all the pots from everyone else. 

Edited by tennisman