Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E00: Being Nathan

druzy
  • Start Topic

He is a mess.  I felt very badly for his ex girlfriend.  That was clear abuse and torture, and I am certain she is not making any of it up.  Why would Nathan have agreed to this show?  Is he that delusional that he thought he would look good?

• Love 6

Nathan like Matt failed miserably at trying to redeem himself. He was a complete jerk to EVERYONE!! Like the poster above I really wanted to like him more after this special but he is such a dick so I could care less about every seeing him again on my TV. I felt sorry for his mom and Kaiser with the way he was treating them. If Jenelle is reading this, just to be clear that does not mean that I think you are a better parent than him! 

• Love 7

I liked his camera crew, when they were goofing on the poses!  I wonder if they *hate* him.

he's kind of...handsome, no?  ruins it when he opens his mouth

my boy-child (college graduate, out of the house & gainfully employed) gives me the "Moooom  stoppppppppppppppppp" when I get too...idk, deep?  female?  emotional? so I sort-of-kind of got it, to a much, much much lesser degree.  My mister would've kicked Nathan out of our house after about fifteen minutes.

we got an hour of Nathan kicking everyone out of rooms & claiming he didn't want to talk about things.  The best part of this show was Doris and Kaiser.  Barb should invite *them* to her mountain cabin for a weekend instead.

• Love 15

I got the feeling the MTV crew don't really like him and it was more of a mockumentary.   It reminded me of Ricky Gervais' character David Brent in the UK version of The Office and especially the follow up film David Brent: Life on the Road.  The way they were openly mocking his body building poses, not shutting off the cameras when he was telling them to (lol), and best of all, the lingering close ups of the bottom of his feet with the spray tan runs.   Oh!  It was sad and pathetic how he was planning to hit up "after parties" but ended up catching a bored bridesmaid down in the smoking area of the hotel!  ROFL

• Love 9
On 9/27/2017 at 9:52 PM, druzy said:

yeah yeah, but after a while, viewers can see through editing and get a sense of who you really are. or, at least, i can. I could tell Kail was a selfish ungrateful little girl from season 1 and that jo was a decent guy, even though she apparently got a good edit, i say "apparently" since she did not come off well to me, but most viewers sided with her over Jo until season 2. but they figured her out by season 2. 

nathan, you are a self-absorbed, argumentative, volatile man with a drinking problem and anger problem. MTV didn't make you talk back to babs and call her an alcoholic. MTV didn't make you get drunk and tell Jenelle she's white trash who hit the lottery. etc. that was all you, son..

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 7
On 9/29/2017 at 8:06 AM, alexa said:

He is a mess.  I felt very badly for his ex girlfriend.  That was clear abuse and torture, and I am certain she is not making any of it up.  Why would Nathan have agreed to this show?  Is he that delusional that he thought he would look good?

yes, i think he really was that delusional, bc everyone probably walks on eggshells around him, so as not to set him off. and self-awareness is not his strong point, regardless. even now, i think he's in denial about who he really is, he wants to blame editing instead of saying to himself, "omg, i didn't realize how argumentative i am, how angry i act when im drunk, how defensive i come across," etc. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 5
8 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

yeah yeah, but after a while, viewers can see through editing and get a sense of who you really are. or, at least, i can. I could tell Kail was a selfish ungrateful little girl from season 1 and that jo was a decent guy, even though she apparently got a good edit, i say "apparently" since she did not come off well to me, but most viewers sided with her over Jo until season 2. but they figured her out by season 2. 

nathan, you are a thin-skinned, over-dramatic, unstable man with a drinking problem and anger problem. MTV didn't make you talk back to babs and call her an alcoholic. MTV didn't make you get drunk and tell Jenelle she's white trash who hit the lottery. etc. that was all you, son..

I was never on the Kail love train. I saw that trash from a mile away. However, I didn't approve of the name-calling Jo was doing towards Kail.  He has grown a lot since then and has learned to tune her out for the most part.  

I can't forget Nathan accusing Barb of being the reason Jenelle got hooked on heroin.  

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I was never on the Kail love train. I saw that trash from a mile away. However, I didn't approve of the name-calling Jo was doing towards Kail.  He has grown a lot since then and has learned to tune her out for the most part.  

I can't forget Nathan accusing Barb of being the reason Jenelle got hooked on heroin.  

OMG that was INSANE and made him look like such a pathetic little bitch. you're a 25 year old man and you can't handle a little chastising from a 65 year old woman that you see maybe once every 2 weeks, at most, without flying off the handle? even if you disagree with her, a normal, stable guy his age would just nod and smile, "yes, ma'am," and then do what he wants, anyway. FFS. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, SheTalksShit said:

OMG that was INSANE and made him look like such a pathetic little bitch. you're a 25 year old man and you can't handle a little chastising from a 65 year old woman that you see maybe once every 2 weeks, at most, without flying off the handle? even if you disagree with her, a normal, stable guy his age would just nod and smile, "yes, ma'am," and then do what he wants, anyway. FFS. 

It was insane and it still bothers me when I remember it. Nathan couldn't handle the truth which was, he wasn't working and living off of Jenelle's money. 

You know, all these people talk a good talk about how bad they had it growing up and how other people have treated them like shit, they were the victims of someone's anger, abuse, mistreatment, abandonment, etc. Yet, I have never heard Barb use the excuse, "I was the victim of DV!!"  It wasn't until Jenelle mentioned being a victim of DV (by Nathan) did Barb bring that up, but not to get sympathy, it was to remind Jenelle of where she had come from and how she overcame the situation. Barb was also hinting that she didn't need a man to make it on her own. That shit just flew over Jenelle's head. 

• Love 12
4 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

It was insane and it still bothers me when I remember it. Nathan couldn't handle the truth which was, he wasn't working and living off of Jenelle's money. 

You know, all these people talk a good talk about how bad they had it growing up and how other people have treated them like shit, they were the victims of someone's anger, abuse, mistreatment, abandonment, etc. Yet, I have never heard Barb use the excuse, "I was the victim of DV!!"  It wasn't until Jenelle mentioned being a victim of DV (by Nathan) did Barb bring that up, but not to get sympathy, it was to remind Jenelle of where she had come from and how she overcame the situation. Barb was also hinting that she didn't need a man to make it on her own. That shit just flew over Jenelle's head. 

yup, just like he couldn't handle the truth about his drinking and anger problem, which is why he flipped out on babs and called her an alcoholic. 

and you're right, and i think babs was also trying to say to Jenelle that she stayed w/her abuser bc she was poor and felt she HAD to until she was in a better position, financially and that Jenelle should take advantage of the fact that she doesn't have to worry about that, she has money, she doesn't need him for anything, she can walk away. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SheTalksShit said:

nathan, you are a self-absorbed, argumentative, volatile man with a drinking problem and anger problem. MTV didn't make you talk back to babs and call her an alcoholic. MTV didn't make you get drunk and tell Jenelle she's white trash who hit the lottery. etc. that was all you, son..

The other thing I don't get is, 1) does he think we don't know his actual track record? MTV wasn't around when he lost custody of his first child or when he got any of his TONS of charges. This wasn't one charge that ended up being one bad night on his part, only a product of his toxic relationship with Jenelle, or something that ended up being blown out of proportion. It's a long-standing pattern that he's had for years. He's had, what, ten arrests by now or something? That has nothing to do with 'editing.' 

And 2) even IF there were good things MTV failed to show, that wouldn't change the general awful attitude he had for all the time they did show. His hoing around while he's with the son he supposedly loves so much, verbally abusing everyone around him and flipping out on the regular wouldn't suddenly change if they showed some rude texts from Jenelle or him hugging Kaiser 5 times instead of 2 or whatever. I don't know why he thinks that would just erase Jessica's account of the abuse, his criminal record or his terrible behavior in viewers' minds.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6
50 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

The other thing I don't get is, 1) does he think we don't know his actual track record? MTV wasn't around when he lost custody of his first child or when he got any of his TONS of charges. This wasn't one charge that ended up being one bad night on his part, only a product of his toxic relationship with Jenelle, or something that ended up being blown out of proportion. It's a long-standing pattern that he's had for years. He's had, what, ten arrests by now or something? That has nothing to do with 'editing.' 

And 2) even IF there were good things MTV failed to show, that wouldn't change the general awful attitude he had for all the time they did show. His hoing around while he's with the son he supposedly loves so much, verbally abusing everyone around him and flipping out on the regular wouldn't suddenly change if they showed some rude texts from Jenelle or him hugging Kaiser 5 times instead of 2 or whatever. I don't know why he thinks that would just erase Jessica's account of the abuse, his criminal record or his terrible behavior in viewers' minds.

Agree. 

I am so sick of the whole MTV editing as an excuse. Yes, we know MTV is wonky with their editing. Many of us have mentioned it when discussing certain matters on the show such as we don't know what conversations people had away from the cameras, we don't know how much was producer-driven, overall we have a general sense of what might be happening away from the cameras due to the past and current behavior of the cast members. 

What I detest is, the suggestion or idea that it is MTV editing that is making someone, like Nathan or David, coming off as a dangerous person. As if we don't know how to come to a reasonable conclusion on our own. Nathan and David have a criminal history of violence against women, particularly those they have been in relationships with.  There are legal documents, court documents, and watching the person's irrational behavior on camera that can lead one to think the obvious which is these individuals are scary as fuck. No one should fly off the handle the way these two do. I get life with Jenelle can probably drive some people insane and cause them to yell back at her, such as Nathan, David, and Barb. But of those three people, Barb is the only one not getting arrested nor does she have a history of arrests pertaining to violent crimes such as assault.  I can easily deduce from Nathan and David's history that they are not stable individuals and can go from zero to ten in a millisecond.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lm2162 said:

Wait, I missed this, what's Jessica's account of his abuse? And is Jessica the same girl that pressed assault charges against Jenelle?  

EDIT: nevermind, I just looked it up. That shit is scary and I, too, believe her. I hope she has a restraining order against him, bc if what she says is true, I seriously fear he might eventually kill her.

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 3

No police department in their right mind would even consider him for their police academy. With all the testing and background checks they do, he'd never make it past the application phase. I sought out a career in law enforcement. They check EVERYTHING about you. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

No police department in their right mind would even consider him for their police academy. With all the testing and background checks they do, he'd never make it past the application phase. I sought out a career in law enforcement. They check EVERYTHING about you. 

They sure do. I don't think he could even qualify to be a mall cop. He's been arrested for a ton of violent crimes. Not the type of person you'd want to be in a position of power!

• Love 6

There was one other contestant with tattoos, but Nathan was never going to win because he's not good enough. He knew that at the show.

Mr. Guilfoyle is NOT a professional body builder (although I think he could be, but I'm glad he's not because ew with the oil and the tanning stuff), but yes, a lot of those guys don't get tattooed. Also, Nathan seems to skip leg day a lot. Mr. Guilfoyle mentioned he could tell that Nathan cut a lot of weight but he did it too fast and was still bloated. 

I realized about half way through that this is the lady who is trying to get Kaiser and I hope to hell she does. Please Doris. Succeed in your quest. Nathan was completely shitty and petulant to her and she didn't rise to it, which makes me think that she's had some experience or instruction in handling him. His step dad was strangely silent. I felt like there were times when you could see that Nathan can be charming...and it makes me wonder if the TBI really did change his personality. If that was my son, I'd be devastated and I would definitely bring up how being in a war changed him whenever I could. Just as a cautionary tale.

• Love 10

I don't understand why, after having abuse charges filed against him at least 3x and continuously watching himself act a fool on TV, Nathan doesn't think to himself, "jesus christ, i can't go on like this, i need help." 

but no, itstead, it's just a continuous and steady stream of denial, excuses and blaming other people. it's always somebody else's fault. 

he said to the producers, "If I wanted help, I'd go to the VA and get it." Sorry to say, but if all this doesn't make him realize he needs help, then nothing probably ever will. 

I also noted what his mother said about him not being this way before he went to Afghanistan. I know head injuries are fairly common in Iraq and Afghanistan vets, due to IEDs and such. I think he even mentioned at one of the reunion shows that he had some sort of brain injury from it. He may never be the same person he once was, but maybe, with the right kind of help and/or meds/treatments, he'll at least be able to manage his temper better. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

oh, ok, thank god for that! Nathan is exactly the personality type that should NOT be a cop, IMO. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

There was one other contestant with tattoos, but Nathan was never going to win because he's not good enough. He knew that at the show.

Mr. Guilfoyle is NOT a professional body builder (although I think he could be, but I'm glad he's not because ew with the oil and the tanning stuff), but yes, a lot of those guys don't get tattooed. Also, Nathan seems to skip leg day a lot. Mr. Guilfoyle mentioned he could tell that Nathan cut a lot of weight but he did it too fast and was still bloated. 

I realized about half way through that this is the lady who is trying to get Kaiser and I hope to hell she does. Please Doris. Succeed in your quest. Nathan was completely shitty and petulant to her and she didn't rise to it, which makes me think that she's had some experience or instruction in handling him. His step dad was strangely silent. I felt like there were times when you could see that Nathan can be charming...and it makes me wonder if the TBI really did change his personality. If that was my son, I'd be devastated and I would definitely bring up how being in a war changed him whenever I could. Just as a cautionary tale.

yes, i feel like nathan can be charming, especially initially, with people he doesn't know that well. that's how he ropes them in. but if you spend enough time with him, the bad side of him will come out and that is the side of him you will be dealing with for the remainder of the relationship. nathan is one of those people that's better to know from a distance, he's at his best with people he doesn't know that well and his worst with people who are close to him/spend a lot of time with him. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I don't understand why, after having abuse charges filed against him at least 3x and continuously watching himself act a fool on TV, Nathan doesn't think to himself, "jesus christ, i can't go on like this, i need help." 

he said to the producers, "If I wanted help, I'd go to the VA and get it." 

This is why I don't feel bad for him and don't have much hope for him. He is cognizant enough to know he could get help. He does not want it. 

Also, most narcissists are charming at first. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6

Why do these people keep filming at all if they want to bitch afterward?! At least Babs doesn't do that. Babs has never said "oh they made me and Jenelle look bad, they showed us fighting, and not the calm lunch we had the other day." 

• Love 8
On 9/27/2017 at 6:57 PM, SuzyLee said:

Nathan is a serious asshole to his mom the vast majority of the time.  The source of his chronic issues with women is starting to become clear.  She seems like a typical older women who dotes on her grown son (probably too much) and is in major denial about his domestic violence incidents and substance abuse issues.  He acted like he was put out by her involvement, but he brought her along to take care of all the hard stuff while he either tinkered on his phone in bed, banged some floozy he picked up in the hotel, or competed in that ridiculous bodybuilding contest.  His mom was completely in charge of The Roll in just about every scene, including overnight at the hotel.  Nathan won’t change at all if his well-meaning family continues to coddle him and make things comfortable for him in spite of his terrible conduct.  I’ll be damned if my 30-year-old son would move back into my house and treat me and my husband like shit.  Speaking of dad, he wisely said not a peep the entire time, even when Nathan yelled at his mom for “hassling” him about the girl he left dinner to go sleep with.  If Nathan doesn’t like being treated like a 15-year-old boy in his parents’ home, he needs to find -and pay for- his own place.  If you’re not paying the rent or mortgage, you don’t have a say, period.

Final note: The guy who handled Nathan’s spray tan needs to be fired immediately.  I have never seen such an uneven, crispy-burnt job, even for a bodybuilding competition.  Also, what the hell was he smoking that produced those massive billows of smoke?  Was he vaping?

Thanks for posting about the show,

I did not get it in Saskatchewan!

On 9/27/2017 at 7:06 PM, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I think it was vaping. I love when people vape because it's such a quick and hassle-free way of warning me that they're d-bags. 

At the beginning Nathan said something about how he's tired of everyone misunderstanding him. If you think everyone doesn't understand you? They probably understand you better than you think. 

I used vaping to help me quit smoking.

It worked really well, but I did not do it

in public, just like I did not smoke in public.

But I do not think of myself as a d-bag.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

I used vaping to help me quit smoking. It worked really well, but I did not do it in public, just like I did not smoke in public. But I do not think of myself as a d-bag.

I knew someone say this sooner or later! Obviously there are exceptions, and I appreciate that you didn't do it in public. Even though the stuff may not contain nicotine, it still makes me so sick. Recently someone was smoking some sickly sweet berry-smelling junk at a concert and it was so strong and nasty the show was ruined for me. If you would never do something like that, then we're cool!

• Love 2
Just now, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I knew someone say this sooner or later! Obviously there are exceptions, and I appreciate that you didn't do it in public. Even though the stuff may not contain nicotine, it still makes me so sick. Recently someone was smoking some sickly sweet berry-smelling junk at a concert and it was so strong and nasty the show was ruined for me. If you would never do something like that, then we're cool!

No, I did not ever smoke around my kids, husband. or friends, they were shocked when I told them that I did smoke. I did the vaping because nothing else worked for me, and I did not want to take more meds than I already take for nerve damage. If I still was doing it, I would never do it in front of anyone! Sorry it makes you so sick, and that it ruined your concert experience! Some people think that they should be able to anything in public, don't think of anyone but themselves. But for sure, I am not a d-bag:)

• Love 5
52 minutes ago, mittsigirl said:

Thanks for posting about the show,

I did not get it in Saskatchewan!

I used vaping to help me quit smoking.

It worked really well, but I did not do it

in public, just like I did not smoke in public.

But I do not think of myself as a d-bag.

I am happy to read you quit smoking. I didn't care for the generalization that people who use a vapor are douchebags. People like Nathan, David, Adumb, Amber, Kail, and Jenelle are douchebags. People who vape may be trying to quit a bad habit and for that, props to them. I have never been a smoker and it is deeply annoying to have people smoke in your immediate area. I can sympathize with those who find themselves wanting to quit and wishing to try different methods. 

4 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

Why do these people keep filming at all if they want to bitch afterward?! At least Babs doesn't do that. Babs has never said "oh they made me and Jenelle look bad, they showed us fighting, and not the calm lunch we had the other day." 

Only once has Barb mentioned something about MTV not showing a scene, but that is pretty much it. Barb is not on social media like the rest. I am sure if she were younger and hooked on social media, she might find herself responding to the "hatters" and sharing what MTV didn't show. That woman ain't got time for that shit because she works. :-) 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

I am happy to read you quit smoking. I didn't care for the generalization that people who use a vapor are douchebags. People like Nathan, David, Adumb, Amber, Kail, and Jenelle are douchebags. People who vape may be trying to quit a bad habit and for that, props to them. I have never been a smoker and it is deeply annoying to have people smoke in your immediate area. I can sympathize with those who find themselves wanting to quit and wishing to try different methods. 

Only once has Barb mentioned something about MTV not showing a scene, but that is pretty much it. Barb is not on social media like the rest. I am sure if she were younger and hooked on social media, she might find herself responding to the "hatters" and sharing what MTV didn't show. That woman ain't got time for that shit because she works. :-) 

Thanks GreatKazu:):):)

• Love 1

The act of vaping is one thing (and whatever someone uses to quit smoking is awesome!), but there is for sure a frat boy, spoiled alpha-male/Jersey Shore-style "culture" around vaping now that is very much up Nathan's ally. I am sure that is what was being referred to.

PS my parents used it to quit smoking as well and it worked for them :)

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

The act of vaping is one thing (and whatever someone uses to quit smoking is awesome!), but there is for sure a frat boy, spoiled alpha-male "culture" around vaping now that is very much up Nathan's ally. I am sure that is what was being referred to.

I didn't get any of that from what I read. I read "people who vape".  That's fine if that is how some people choose to view that behavior. I just responded with my opinion that I didn't care for generalizations in response to one who feels a generalization was made about something they did. 

Nathan is no doubt a douchebag times 100 whether he vapes or not. There is so much more about him that makes him so worthy of that title. What I saw was a guy vaping in his hotel room, not out in public. 

1 hour ago, mittsigirl said:

Thanks GreatKazu:):):)

You are welcome. :-) 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Lm2162 said:

The act of vaping is one thing (and whatever someone uses to quit smoking is awesome!), but there is for sure a frat boy, spoiled alpha-male/Jersey Shore-style "culture" around vaping now that is very much up Nathan's ally. I am sure that is what was being referred to.

PS my parents used it to quit smoking as well and it worked for them :)

That's exactly what I was referring to! ?

• Love 2

Nathan was vaping in his mom's living room.

A lady in front of me in line at the grocery store took a hit off her vape thing and a huge cloud of thick white "smoke" that smelled like rotten watermelons soon over took all of us!  I saw her put the vape thing to her mouth so I knew what she did.  The other people were wanting to pull the fire alarm.  The vaper didn't say anything so I spoke up and said "someone" was smoking on a vaper and there was no danger.  I couldn't figure out why the woman thought that was ok.   No smoking also means no vaping!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, AirQuotes said:

Nathan was vaping in his mom's living room.

A lady in front of me in line at the grocery store took a hit off her vape thing and a huge cloud of thick white "smoke" that smelled like rotten watermelons soon over took all of us!  I saw her put the vape thing to her mouth so I knew what she did.  The other people were wanting to pull the fire alarm.  The vaper didn't say anything so I spoke up and said "someone" was smoking on a vaper and there was no danger.  I couldn't figure out why the woman thought that was ok.   No smoking also means no vaping!

He was also vaping in his hotel room after he indirectly told his mom she was going to watch Kaiser so he can go out and search for a piece of ass. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3

Just watched this and omg Nathan is a total loser abuser. I was embarrassed watching that competition. He was way too tan. 

His mom seems like a nice person..she is totally enabling him tho. He acts like a little brat and always seems so close to snapping.

I wish that after he kept saying he wasn’t filming certain things the producers would just be like bye and not come back lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Robertmc said:

I’m not a big fan of nathAn but none of us knew him before the war. Maybe the war really did screw up his head.  It’s possible, happened to others before.  

We have mentioned many times over on this board that we don't know what Nathan was like before entering the military. We do know Nathan does admit he has issues with PTSD and yet, does nothing such as seek help. So, my sympathy is lacking with this guy. Nathan knows he has a problem and chooses not to seek treatment.  Nathan can't go around blaming others for his problems when the common denominator is him. 

• Love 11
20 hours ago, Robertmc said:

I’m not a big fan of nathAn but none of us knew him before the war. Maybe the war really did screw up his head.  It’s possible, happened to others before.  

I totally get this, but honestly...Lots of things screw up people's heads...absentee parents, rape, abuse, addiction...none of it excuses the perpetration of the kind of abuse Nathan has doled out. As a veteran he has more mental health resources than many others, and knows it, and doesn't want help. I doubt his years-ago military service helps his victims sleep better at night. 

• Love 4
On September 30, 2017 at 0:48 PM, SheTalksShit said:

None of these little boys masquerading as men can handle what Barb dishes out because Barb has the truth. She speaks the truth about Nathan and David and they can't handle it. Grown men getting bitchy and violent at a grandma is not a good look. I'd be mortified if my son did that as a child, let alone as a grown man. I have second hand embarrassment for these men who get so huffy at a 5' tall little grandma who is just telling the truth and deserves your respect. It makes them look so small. Pick on someone your own size/age.

• Love 15
On 10/10/2017 at 2:47 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

None of these little boys masquerading as men can handle what Barb dishes out because Barb has the truth. She speaks the truth about Nathan and David and they can't handle it. Grown men getting bitchy and violent at a grandma is not a good look. I'd be mortified if my son did that as a child, let alone as a grown man. I have second hand embarrassment for these men who get so huffy at a 5' tall little grandma who is just telling the truth and deserves your respect. It makes them look so small. Pick on someone your own size/age.

They've clearly both never been told no, or told honestly what pieces of shit they are, and Barb is honest.

• Love 7
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:47 AM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Barb knows an abuser when she sees one. And she sees Nathan and David as the abusers that they are. She notes the red flags. 

• Love 10
On October 10, 2017 at 11:47 AM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

And, if we think back on how they behaved when they were fresh to the soulmate roster, they acted completely differently around Barb. Both Nathan and UBT were polite and actually nice to her. After listening to Jenelle lie to them about everything, they hate her. Barb also sees after a little bit of time that they're just like all the others. No job, lengthy criminal record and living off of Jenelle.

• Love 11
On 9/28/2017 at 5:22 AM, mscav said:

This special made me remember how much I really don't like Nathan. He is a delusional, whiny, abusive POS that can't even take responsibility for his actions. And yet he is still the better parent. Poor Kaiser. I really liked Doris. She seems like she would put Kaiser's needs in front of Nathan's. I hope she gets custody of the roll. The little guy was so happy and comfortable around them, it was like watching a completely different kid.

(Bolding mine) That is the saddest part. As much of a train wreck as Nathan is, he is still better than Jenelle. At least he is grateful for his mom's help in taking care of Kai and he doesn't actively interfere with her doing so just to make himself feel/look good.

On 9/30/2017 at 2:44 PM, Lm2162 said:

I was surprised at how much Nathan seemed to think he'd be able to control the narrative of the show. He seemed to think that he could orchestrate it so it was this awesome portrait of what a great dad he is, what a great bodybuilder he is, what a great son he is, what a great veteran he is, and how smooth he is with the ladies. He's delusional on so many levels. I'm sure he was shocked/angry that they included Jessica's accounts of his abuse because, apparently, he thought he'd be able to come off so well that anyone who heard about that stuff (from an outside source, since it wouldn't be on the show) would think it was all bullshit because Nate proved what a stand-up guy he was on his awesome special. It's sad, really, but it's hard for me to feel but so sorry for him because he's such an asshole (and a white supremacist).

• Love 6