Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E07: The Ultimate Faceoff

• Start Topic

I like that Zac says such mean things with an incredibly kind smile that really reaches his eyes. He's just telling you for your  own good, honey! 

I would be happy if both twins went home.

I would be happy if Shawn goes home, because I don't think she has any skillz. It would be interesting to see if Claire is suddenly capable of conceptualizing and executing once her sister stops sucking the lifeblood out of her.

I would be happy if Claire went home and we did get to watch Shawn create her designs with a glue gun since she can't sew.

I thought the Kenya/Amy dynamic was weird. Kenya has a very distinct style-kind of like Brandon. She definitely has a 70's-80's vibe. I don't think Amy has  really evidenced any style, other than competent/basic. I wonder if they would have gotten dinged if they sent those light blue pants down the runway with a simple white t-shirt? If I was Kenya, I'd have been upset over being chided for working on the green pleated thing-that might have turned into a more successful garment than what they sent down the runway. I didn't mind Kenya saying that she deserved to stay/wanted to stay-because I kind of got the vibe that Amy is giving up. She doesn't understand what the judges want and she basically volunteered to go home. It's one thing to say we're a team, you decide-it's another to say you're the one that should go. (Unless you are Shawn and you know you can't sew and you're screwed once your sister leaves.)

Am curious about the cheater drama. I wonder if it's actually something that will go down between Michael and Margarita. I don't know why he would run off the stage for anything involving the twins, and Margarita's been getting such the edit the past few weeks....I feel like something is brewing there.

Edited by Heathrowe
  • Love 8
9 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

When, I think it was Claire, suggested they make a sweatshirt dress, as if it was the most innovative thought ever, I laughed out loud. I think almost every week one of them, at the height of desperation, makes a suggestion related to a sweatshirt, or at least it seems like it. Sweatshirts aren't high fashion, ladies!

That is what stands out to me the most.  Hey, let's "design" what someone is already wearing!  I see a sweatshirt.  How about a sweatshirt dress?  They panic and go for whatever is closest to them.  We're lucky Aaron and his see through bloomers are gone or they would have sent that down the runway.

• Love 12

I watched this again as I was not paying close attention the first time.  This season has been so dull I multi task as I watch. 

Brandon Kee's past collection.  He does men's wear.  His designs are way out there for very avant garde dressers.  I love many of them for me.  Women would wear most of these garments if that is their taste. 

http://www.fashionschooldaily.com/index.php/2016/09/23/12-hours-in-nyc-with-designer-brandon-kee/

Makes me wonder if he will have men in his collection.  

• Love 1

Although I liked the shirtdress and would wear it, the coatdress was something I'm sure I had in 1992.

Amy's was godawful, I don't have anything witty to compare it to, but it was from the 80's. One of the worst outfits I have ever seen on this show.

The twins! I loved Zac's takedown, he is just not having it any longer. The way the are so snooty about the JC Penney woman, they can buh-bye as soon as possible. They have no vision, no design aesthetic, if they struggle that much with what to do, then they should go.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, njbchlover said:

I agree - I don't know - I am already tired of the androgynous look.  I guess I'm not fashion forward, or progressive enough, but I want to see women dressed for their bodies and men dressed for theirs.  The faded, natural neutral in boxy shapes just does nothing for me.  I'd tired of the crop tops every week.  I'm actually wondering if Brandon doesn't really know HOW to drape a garment on a womens'  body, or how to tailor something to show off the curves.  

I also get kind of tired of the judges, especially Heidi and Nina saying how modern and fashion forward those looks are, but, Nina is wearing Oscar the Grouch sheddings on her sweaters and Heidi is squeezing her amazing figure into super tight, sexy outfits.  So, if these boxy outfits are so modern and up to date, why aren't they wearing them?  

And in general, unless you're emaciated or small busted, lose shapes on the top and bottom tend to make women look bigger than they are.  I'm a DD, and if I'm not careful I look pregnant - even though I wear a size 8.  And when you're emaciated you can look cute, and boyish.  But when you're not emaciated, you can look mannish, and that's really not a look I'm going for.  Androgyny can be quite charming, but the look absolutely does not work on me.

• Love 5
24 minutes ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

That is what stands out to me the most.  Hey, let's "design" what someone is already wearing!  I see a sweatshirt.  How about a sweatshirt dress?  They panic and go for whatever is closest to them.  We're lucky Aaron and his see through bloomers are gone or they would have sent that down the runway.

And that's why this show is not served by having mostly one day challenges.  Some people simply can't function in that time constraint.  Not everyone can whip out something great like Christian, then have time to goof around for hours in the workroom.  There was one competitive show, I think it was The Cut, that allowed the designers to pull all nighters.  It also allowed people to do simply designing, and have someone else do the construction.  They're so inconsistent on PW.  Depending on who they want to eliminate, excellent construction is the reason to keep them, or construction doesn't matter at all because they're too boring. 

• Love 12

A lot of people have mentioned that they find the models giving opinions annoying. If they were all standard size models, I'd agree. But, with some of the models being plus sizes or irregular shapes, I think having them give guidance to the designers (who have never designed for such a figure) would probably be helpful. I suspect a lot of designers (like Shawn) wouldn't be able to think of anything other than a shapeless burlap sack for a plus sized model. Having the model (who, presumably, knows how to fit and flatter their shape) give advice and feedback would help them improve the design.

I would not buy Margarita's dress since it's not something that would even remotely work with my shape but I didn't hate it. I would buy some of Kentaro's and Brandon's stuff, though. In fact, I bought something similar to Brandon's duster from Roamans.com just last week: http://www.roamans.com/clothing/Mega-Length-Plaid-Shirt-by-Denim-24-7.aspx?PfId=507760&DeptId=26550&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps&ppos=9&Splt=0&StyleNo=5268

The twins were so obnoxious this week thinking their stuff was awesome while talking about the "JCP woman" as though she's some sub-worthy creature. I shop at JCP on occasion and I would not go anywhere near what they created. Claire's pants might have been interesting if they fit better but her shirt was just sad. I was also irritated that they kept saying they design for a younger audience. I suspect they were making a dig at Kenya and Amy (since they'd called those looks old in their TH) but it could also be interpreted as: "we design for a younger audience which is why you old foggy judges don't like it." Claire acting like she's too good to take the judge's criticism was just arrogant beyond belief.

I don't sense specific producer shenanigans or intervention in how the twins ended up teamed, in the bottom and in a face off. But I do think the producers gave them just enough rope to hang themselves and, really, most people could have predicted this. Kenya's and Amy's weren't anything special but at least they were well made and fit.

Edited by Absurda
  • Love 15
14 hours ago, lyric said:

I dunno guys - I don't see the Tim Save happening.  He seems to hate them as much as Zac does.  Next week is Cheatgate...yassss!  Interesting - many of us thought it would involve the twins, based on previews, but clearly they won't both be there to cheat together.

Amy's been pretty solid up until tonight, but dear God was that hideous - shockingly awful.

Heidi made a point of saying the twins can't help each during the face-off. Maybe they do. Because how can they not? They are enmeshed. 

• Love 9
11 hours ago, Rancide said:

I do not hate JCPenney.  It's just not what I come to a show called "Project Runway" for.  I've also eaten at Olive Garden, but I expect something different from contestants on Top Chef.  

True - but I'm old enough to remember when "Banana Republic" was nothing more than store that sold cheap safari-looking clothes on Grant Avenue in San Francisco!  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Absurda said:

A lot of people have mentioned that they find the models giving opinions annoying. If they were all standard size models, I'd agree. But, with some of the models being plus sizes or irregular shapes, I think having them give guidance to the designers (who have never designed for such a figure) would probably be helpful. I suspect a lot of designers (like Shawn) wouldn't be able to think of anything other than a shapeless burlap sack for a plus sized model. Having the model (who, presumably, knows how to fit and flatter their shape) give advice and feedback would help them improve the design.

I would not buy Margarita's dress since it's not something that would even remotely work with my shape but I didn't hate it. I would buy some of Kentaro's and Brandon's stuff, though. In fact, I bought something similar to Brandon's duster from Roamans.com just last week: http://www.roamans.com/clothing/Mega-Length-Plaid-Shirt-by-Denim-24-7.aspx?PfId=507760&DeptId=26550&ProductTypeId=1&PurchaseType=G&pref=ps&ppos=9&Splt=0&StyleNo=5268

The twins were so obnoxious this week thinking their stuff was awesome while talking about the "JCP woman" as though she's some sub-worthy creature. I shop at JCP on occasion and I would not go anywhere near what they created. Claire's pants might have been interesting if they fit better but her shirt was just sad. I was also irritated that they kept saying they design for a younger audience. I suspect they were making a dig at Kenya and Amy (since they'd called those looks old in their TH) but it could also be interpreted as: "we design for a younger audience which is why you old foggy judges don't like it." Claire acting like she's too good to take the judge's criticism was just arrogant beyond belief.

I don't sense specific producer shenanigans or intervention in how the twins ended up teamed, in the bottom and in a face off. But I do think the producers gave them just enough rope to hang themselves and, really, most people could have predicted this. Kenya's and Amy's weren't anything special but at least they were well made and fit.

I would agree with you, but they're not giving advice to the designers (at least from what we see), they are criticizing them to a mirror.  That can come off as passive-aggressive and unless the model is the customer as well, their opinion isn't really relevant, unless solicited by the designer.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

Tim Gunn observation:

He came into the workroom and reminded everyone to accessorize with the JC Penney wall...then he threw in a plug for the irons and steamers and then as he was leaving he mentioned (for the umpteenth time) the Brother sewing machines. 

Why has he been reduced to just standing there looking dapper and plugging all the equipment that they use? He really must have more personal thoughts about the designs and the directions that the designers are headed. It's almost as tho they are making him redundant. 

That was quite the scene, wasn't it?

Here in Arizona, our home team for baseball is the Diamondbacks.  But their sponsorship of EVERYTHING that HAPPENS during radio and TV broadcasts of the game has gotten ridiculous.  I call it the "Now we're waiting for the Big O Tires second pitch" syndrome.  When Tim came in with that scripted dialogue last night, I looked at Mr. AZC and said, "Wow!  Tim could get a job with the Diamondbacks broadcast team.  He's got the 'Big O Tires second pitch' patter down perfectly!"

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Here in Arizona, our home team for baseball is the Diamondbacks.  But their sponsorship of EVERYTHING that HAPPENS during radio and TV broadcasts of the game has gotten ridiculous.  I call it the "Now we're waiting for the Big O Tires second pitch" syndrome. 

oh believe me, John Sterling for the Yankees has to do the same thing. Every other minute is another reason to mention a sponsor. They even have an official "solid waste company." I wish I could remember how he has to work that one in :)

• Love 4

PR botched the face-off because it should have been 30 minutes and it should have been in front of the judges.  That would have been classic.  However, why wasn't that woman from JC Penney one of the judges.  That's how PR usually rolls.  Winner gets their design produced by such and such and the creative manager is here to judge the winner.  Maybe her absence allowed Tim to say not good things about the given material.

I don't hate the Twins primarily because it's so obvious they're playing characters.  However, Shawn started to gain my respect when she said Tim told her to put Liris in a tunic and she said she didn't want to cover her body.  So what does she do?  Put her in a grotesque, shapeless sweatshirt.

I took a second look at Bromance's design and I think Kentaro spoke the truth when he said that his jacket would be the big seller because it was for everyone.   I think the irony is that if they simply stuck with just their hoodies (masculine/Brandon, feminine/Kentaro), they might have won.  I think Kentaro's jacket looked great in the plaid.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, dleighg said:

oh believe me, John Sterling for the Yankees has to do the same thing. Every other minute is another reason to mention a sponsor. They even have an official "solid waste company." I wish I could remember how he has to work that one in :)

"Time for the seventh inning stretch, folks.  Don't wait in line for the flush toilets inside the stadium, (Solid Waste Company) has provided luxury port-a-potties just outside the main gate."

(Rolling my eyes.)

• Love 7
6 hours ago, tessat said:

I actually like Kenya's dress and thought it was cute and something I'd see at Penny's where I shop quite often. I wasn't a fan of the winning dress as had already seen it in a mailer from JCP. The email pic did not blow me away and in the link provided here - the dress looks much better but nothing I'd wear - whereas I loved Brandon's and Kentaro's looks. I do think Brandon has to step up his game and do something different as it's the same o same o.

When the show summary talked about an unexpected surprise - I thought either Amy would be tossed or both twins would go - now I have to endure 15 minutes of next week's show - if not longer - watching them break down.

Endure?  I'm gleefully anticipating.  Next Thursday cannot come soon enough.

6 hours ago, PaulaO said:

I think both twins will go next week, and Tim will use his save to bring back Samantha.  At least that is my hope.

When a designer unexpectedly leaves (if one twin leaves when the other is aufed), doesn't the previously aufed person return without Tim using his save?

• Love 3

I would agree with you, but they're not giving advice to the designers (at least from what we see), they are criticizing them to a mirror.  That can come off as passive-aggressive and unless the model is the customer as well, their opinion isn't really relevant, unless solicited by the designer.

I wouldn't consider it passive-aggressive if they're not addressing the designers themselves. They've basically been encouraged to share their opinions just with us.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Heidi made a point of saying the twins can't help each during the face-off. Maybe they do. Because how can they not? They are enmeshed. 

There is a camera operator and sound guy plus a producer most likely.  They can't get away with it.  

18 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:
11 hours ago, Rancide said:

I do not hate JCPenney.  It's just not what I come to a show called "Project Runway" for.  I've also eaten at Olive Garden, but I expect something different from contestants on Top Chef.  

True - but I'm old enough to remember when "Banana Republic" was nothing more than store that sold cheap safari-looking clothes on Grant Avenue in San Francisco!  

I didn't find the original Banana Republic line to be cheap.  I bought a few items but have forgotten what, I loved them, though.  LOL 

Love the Olive Garden analogy, @Rancide.  Perfect and true.  This show was fabulous when it was on Bravo with Michael Kors and better guest judges. 

• Love 5
31 minutes ago, Absurda said:

There is a huge difference though between getting feedback from the model in the workroom (Michael working with Liris for example to figure out a neckline on the Evil dress a few weeks back which is something that happens during model fitting all the time) and Heidi asking the model for thoughts during their examinations of the designs. There's a big difference between a model making a suggestion and something like Liris in the sleepwear challenge insisting on having a belt to show off her figure. The design was better without the belt but Liris wanted the world to see her waist. (Naomi of Plus, my ass.) That's a problem. The designers shouldn't have to compromise their vision because they're worried the models might say something on the runway when asked.

There's just been this feeling this season that the models of all shapes thing really means, typical models who we treat the same as every other season and plus sized models who are "special" and we need to make sure they're comfortable and happy at all times. I'm sure models have worn things they hate or don't flatter them in the past but that was never an issue. Now suddenly it is but only for a subset of the models this year and that feels very patronizing.

• Love 17

If Tim had any real pull anymore, they would have sent the twins home for cheating long ago, imo, as surely he told the judges exactly how much the twins "help" each other and the judges decided to ignore him in order to have some drama-less drama thing. Or if Tim did not tell them, then he no longer cares. This is a terrible season.

• Love 6

I miss the Bravo days with Michael Kors and better contestants.  sigh   

They are just not getting serious, aspiring designers applying.   Cha Cha with his stuffed toys and infantile designs pretty much says this.   

I will say that I am looking forward to next week with glee!  The twins are going get it!  LOL.   Finally, something of interest.   I am also looking forward to the runway shows by Brandon and Kentaro.  They will be finalists, for sure.  I cannot see them being eliminated even if they have a bad week.  

6 minutes ago, Bebecat said:

If Tim had any real pull anymore, they would have sent the twins home for cheating long ago, imo, as surely he told the judges exactly how much the twins "help" each other and the judges decided to ignore him in order to have some drama-less drama thing. Or if Tim did not tell them, then he no longer cares. This is a terrible season.

They know.  I am sure they listen to Tim and others present during filming.  Production is just riding it out for awhile.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Carolina Girl said:

But they had a nice "J. Peterman" type catalog, that looked like a graphic novel. Now it's just a snooty, expensive version of Old Navy, "the world doesn't need this" as Zac would say.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, wings707 said:

I watched this again as I was not paying close attention the first time.  This season has been so dull I multi task as I watch. 

Brandon Kee's past collection.  He does men's wear.  His designs are way out there for very avant garde dressers.  I love many of them for me.  Women would wear most of these garments if that is their taste. 

http://www.fashionschooldaily.com/index.php/2016/09/23/12-hours-in-nyc-with-designer-brandon-kee/

Makes me wonder if he will have men in his collection.  

Just checked out this link, and it looks like he has more men than woman in his final collection. Unless some of what I thought were men were actually women.  Several of the ones with no facial hair looked very mannish to me. Not just androgynous, but heavily on the male side.

Just finished reading an old murder mystery written in 1938 with a reducing aid as the murder "weapon." One of the characters used the product because she wanted to look like the celebrity touting it. "She looks just like a boy." Plus ça change....eh?

23 hours ago, carrps said:

Just checked out this link, and it looks like he has more men than woman in his final collection. Unless some of what I thought were men were actually women.  Several of the ones with no facial hair looked very mannish to me. Not just androgynous, but heavily on the male side.

Just finished reading an old murder mystery written in 1938 with a reducing aid as the murder "weapon." One of the characters used the product because she wanted to look like the celebrity touting it. "She looks just like a boy." Plus ça change....eh?

That link held an old collection that he showed on a runway somewhere.  I love it.  I think he will use women for this finale.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 3
Just now, wings707 said:

That link held an old collection that he clearly showed on the runway somewhere.  I love it.  I think he will use women for this finale.  

Ah. Thanks. I mostly looked at the pics. Didn't read much of the text. My bad.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Beden said:

This is the kind of arrogant BS which seriously pisses me off and has for decades.

Surprisingly, women over 25 or 30 actually wear clothes. Generally, we even give a rat's ass what we look like while wearing them--and yes, some of us have the $ to pay for them--hence allowing designers and stores, manufacturers and textile/notions companies, shipping and trucking companies to exist. I've yet to see a store which would turn down a sale based on a customer being beyond (or below) an arbitrarily given age. I have, however, seen customers (including myself)walk away from a purchase based on being insulted by comments made by self-important jackasses like Shawn and Clair. Beyond that; if my ninety-five year old granny wants to wear a bikini, sweatshirt, burka,burlap sack or any other damn thing which catches her eye then who anointed anyone with the audacity and gall to nay-say her?

Wear whatever the hell you like, feel comfortable in and screw the twits.

Thank you--I feel better now.

Exactly right and very well said -  I'm applauding!

And may I add: my millenial nieces (who live in hipster-land L.A.) wouldn't ever wear the shit the twins produce -or Erin's "I'm such a waif" crap from last season, either.   

• Love 10

I loved the mini-collection by Kentaro and Brandon.  I think JCP could have sold many of the separates.  Did not care for Margarita's dress-I felt like it was overdesigned for what it was, and that there were too many discordant design elements.

Of the twins, it seems that Claire has a much more snobbish/entitled attitude than Shawn.  This was not the first time she resented being on the bottom and would not acknowledge the judges' comments.  She admonished Shawn to not listen to Tim.  I just do not understand why they have such elevated opinions of themselves.  Sure, they made a dress for Katie Perry, but outside of that all they do is copy the work of other designers/labels.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Bebecat said:

I, too, hate the singular "lip" as well as "a pant" for pants or a "shoe" for shoes lol as in she is wearing a tailored pant with an edgy shoe and a bold lip. Lol.

Just saw your post on my phone while we were coming home from errands (hubby was driving, not me).  It made me LOL as I began to envision a Picassoesque person walking down the street with one leg covered by "a pant," a shoe on just one foot (probably NOT the foot on the leg with the pant), one lip colored (BOLDLY), and one eye smokey.  

We're in the process of moving over this next month, so I SOOOOO enjoyed the mental vision your post created.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Aerobicidal said:

I’m offended by the term “boyfriend shirt.” Just because a woman is wearing an oversized button-down doesn’t mean she had intimate relations with its owner. I think it should be renamed the Ina Garten shirt.

I love you SO much for this reference, she's my idol.  And she gets those babies custom made, lucky thing.  

Her voice to me is the female equivalent of James Earl Jones.  I adore listening to her. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

Last night, when Brandon was creating the hood out of muslin, I thought "He can't be serious!" I was getting a definite Little House on the Prairie vibe when he tried it on. I guess that shows how little I know about creating garments, because the final product didn't have even a whiff of LHotP.

I totally saw Laura & Mary wearing that when they were in the workroom!!  *LOL*

• Love 3
7 hours ago, vibeology said:

To be fair to Shawn (ugh!), the show has been pushing that all season. Liris, in particular, is "special" and contestants who don't take her feelings and preferences into account are punished. I am all for having models of all sizes on this show. I'm plus sized but the result has been Tim and the judges pushing to treat the models like clients and ask for their feedback etc. That's wrong. A model wears whatever is designed and treating plus sized models differently is patronizing. Liris is just as capable as Sian of putting on whatever her designer makes and doing her best to sell it regardless of her own opinions and if she isn't, she shouldn't be modeling.

I'm not a fan of Shawn's, but when she said "But, Liris likes to show off her body", I said to the tv "Who cares? She's your model and it's her job to wear the dress you give her."  Besides, it was a FALL challenge.  Not too many areas in the country where you can show much more than a little leg in the fall. 

7 hours ago, wings707 said:

One of my favorite things is a jean jacket I bought several years ago at the GAP on sale for $16!   I am sure they didn't sell because they were too stiff.   Easy fix for that.  Soak them for a couple of days in vinegar and they soften to feel like a lived in jacket you have worn for years.  

Thank you!! I bought a jean jacket at The Gap, but didn't wear it more than once because it was too stiff and uncomfortable (I thought I'd get used to it).  I'm definitely going to try this. 

6 hours ago, wings707 said:

She does look to be bigger than 14.  Maybe she means an expensive 14.  There is a difference in upscale garments.  

Depends on the brand, too.  Old Navy cuts big, so I'm pretty sure that it's one of the only stores where I could fit into a small/medium shirt or dress and a size 6 pair of jeans.

Regarding the talk about Amy and her technical skills vs. design skills:  Remember, she said in the introduction show that she likes to drape the fabric on the dress form mannequin for a while and just let it speak to her.  Some of us had a feeling that the time constraints would give her problems.  

I don't like the twins any more than most of you, but I think making them compete against each other is cruel.

I love Kentaro and his style, but check out what I saw in Target today:

https://www.target.com/p/women-s-mesh-midi-skirt-mossimo-supply-co-153/-/A-52764771#lnk=sametab

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I am eager for a twin to get auf'd, simply for the prospect of her rearing her head in their patented Gloria Swanson here-are-my-nostrils, "I am ready for my closeup" stance. Indeed!

Hysterical and so on point!  OMG. 

• Love 8

The minute Amy said she was making a jacket and pants from the denim, I was like 'holy socks, she's making a Canadian tuxedo. This is not going to end well.' 

Besides, it was a FALL challenge.  Not too many areas in the country where you can show much more than a little leg in the fall. 

Wasn't one of the twins reminding the other twin that this was a Fall challenge and the other twin was not having it? 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, dleighg said:

But they chose each other as partners (don't remember who chose) so that was in the cards from their choice.

And since this is a competition show that has only one winner, technically they have been -- or should have been -- competing against each other all along. Perhaps they thought the show would decide to have two winners this season just for them.

While I see that probably no one else wanted to work with either twin, I am a little surprised no one picked them on the theory that if the team ended up in the bottom, the twin was sure to have the worst look. You usually get at least one person on a show that tries that tactic.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

I am eager for a twin to get auf'd, simply for the prospect of her rearing her head in their patented Gloria Swanson here-are-my-nostrils, "I am ready for my closeup" stance. Indeed!

giphy.gif

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, susannot said:

As to the discussion about sizes:  what size do you all think Liris is?  I get some skepticism that she is a 14.  Whatever size she is, I think she is curvaceous and gorgeous.a

Someone upthread said the size on the dressmaker's dummy being used by her designer was 18.

• Love 2

I did not like Margarita's look, I thought it made the left? breast look weird and that no one that doesn't look like Heidi would look good in it. And they got rid of the slit (I knew they would but still)

I'm sad Brandon didn't win because I would have bought the long hoodie, the only other thing I've ever wanted to buy from this show was Jay's quilted coat from his runway show in Season 1.

I don't think Tim would use his save for anyone other than Brandon, Kentaro or Michael (just in case there's a Wendy Pepper situation and one of them is auf'd)

I also thought it odd that the JCP lady wasn't a judge.

I was wondering if they didn't use the male models because of the need to represent different sizes this season?

I agree that Kenya did not throw Amy 'under the bus' she did what she could with that stupid question. Margarita DID throw her model under the bus last week as we had video evidence of what the model actually said. Wasn't there a team challenge in a previous season where the team basically 'elected' someone to throw under the bus if they lost and when they did that person had the only look the judges liked? Or is that just in my head?

• Love 7

Nidratime, you didn't mean that Brandon is a one-trick pony.  You meant that he's a ONE-WAY MONKEY! (tm Dmitry!)

Liris is a Woman's 2x, minimum, if she's a day. She is a BIG girl. 

As for all y'all "a smokey eye" and  "an edgy shoe" haterz, a-ha! I've finally found the peeps who ask, "Which one?" when someone says he's getting a haircut! ?

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Love 15