Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E07: The Ultimate Faceoff

• Start Topic

Tim Gunn observation:

He came into the workroom and reminded everyone to accessorize with the JC Penney wall...then he threw in a plug for the irons and steamers and then as he was leaving he mentioned (for the umpteenth time) the Brother sewing machines. 

Why has he been reduced to just standing there looking dapper and plugging all the equipment that they use? He really must have more personal thoughts about the designs and the directions that the designers are headed. It's almost as tho they are making him redundant. 

• Love 16
11 hours ago, BloggerAloud said:

I legit have no doubt that the moment the twins were cast, the producers have been waiting for this precise moment to set the twins up in a head-to-head competition.

Me too.  I think otherwise Amy would have been aufed (rightly so I'm sad to say). 

Is next week another team challenge?

11 hours ago, pheebs said:

Kenya's eyerolls are everything...

I cracked up when she pulled her shawl over her face on the Runway after one of the twin's remarks.  Did you catch that?

• Love 21
11 hours ago, Michichick said:

Zac shit so hard on the twins' designs, it was amazing. He wasn't trying to be one bit kind and I am here for it.

He was going IN. I loved it. I also loved Amy and Kenya's looks backstage when the twins were saying they didn't think they should have been in the bottom. Amy popped off a "Really? Ok then" eyebrow raise and Kenya gave a stone-faced blink.

I want the lipstick that Liris was wearing on the runway. Gorgeous.

Swatch was so cute with his little crown.

I'd have given Brandon and Kentaro the win but I liked Margarita's. There were a few variations on the shirt dress and that was the best.

That light blue suit looked SO CHEAP. Between the material, the neckline, and the buttons, oh my God. And the separates weren't designed at all. You can get those anywhere.

The twins are really codependent. I hope only one goes because I feel like time apart would benefit them. All this weeping and wailing is like ... whoa.

• Love 11

I feel like there are less original/unique/interesting designs this year.  It seems less like a creative take on the challenges  and more like a sewing contest with predetermined fabric/materials to sew. Agree with previous posters that the twins really haven't done anything that hasn't already been done. Honestly, I thought the cheating was when Shawn created the same shirt (essentially) and pants that she and the model were already wearing.  Where is the challenge with that?

I am weary of the twins.  You know this challenge is going to break both of them. The helping out each other had really gone too far. I think the other designers probably saw their level of talent and figured it wasn't worth it to call them out. 

God, I loved when Zac put them in their place on the runway. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, wings707 said:

Take that back. NOW.

I didn't get that either.  I was baffled they created those horrible looks . How could they have been so off. 

I think Kenya and Amy were both trying too hard to be polite and diplomatic and nice, so neither said what she really thought. Each was afraid of offending the other, even though you can be diplomatic and nice and still say what you think. It's just a little harder.

The full denim suit was awful, I thought. (I don't feel a need to be diplomatic here.) It was very low-cut, which is fine for the runway, but someone who buys a suit probably will want to wear it to work. You can't wear that jacket to most workplaces without something under it, and I am struggling to think what would look good under it because of its weird neckline and collar.

9 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I could have done without the arch comments of the "J.C. Penney woman" that the twins were dropping. As they were using it, they meant someone who was basic and not fashion-forward. Jerks.

As someone who used to shop at J.C. Penney before our store closed, I feel safe in saying I am more fashion forward than anything they have shown, particularly that sweatshirt dress. I am so fashion forward that I was wearing sweatshirt dresses that my mother remade from actual sweatshirts in the 1980s.

I loved Brandon's and Kentaro's looks. And I don't think they were unfeminine. I would love to wear them. (Well, I would love to be able to wear the cropped hoodie.)

• Love 13
5 hours ago, nightowl said:

Here's my fear...one twin gets eliminated, and of course Tim doesn't use his save.

BUT,  there is an allegation of cheating and the cheater is "auf'd" before the regular elimination.

Meaning .. the last eliminated designer returns.  More twin drama ensues.

So many awesome comments to read while I drink my morning coffee.  But @nightowl . . . you go sit in the corner RIGHT NOW for even suggesting this.  LOL.

I used to own shirtwaist dresses in every color from JCP back in the 80s.  Their "petites" actually fit without hemming, and they were awesome to wear to work (back in the days of actually dressing up to go to work).  I liked Margarita's dress!

I also loved the judges as they snarked on the twins.  Is it just my imagination, or is Nina starting to over-pronounce her words and sound more like them these days?  When she took that deep breath and then said (slowly through clenched teeth), "I . . . question . . . their . . . taste," I totally cracked up.  What would have been awesome would have been if Zac looked at her and said, "In-DEED!!!"

Edited by AZChristian
  • Love 21
10 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I like Brandon, but I'm already bored with his looks.  This is a show almost exclusively about designing for women.  Shouldn't he have to design a feminine look at least once?  A look not made out of 100% cotton?  Something that isn't "street wear" or what you can wear to the gym?  Kentaro seems more flexible to me, although I love how they bounce off of each other.

I'm confused, because I've been absolutely convinced that the "cheating" accusation involved the twins, and it hasn't happened yet.  And because I'm not sure whether previews for next week are considered spoilers (they are on some shows), I will spoiler tag: 

Reveal hidden contents

They've made it appear that Michael walks out in reaction to Margarita stating she wasn't raised to throw people under the bus.  Is next week another team challenge, or are the editing monkeys at work?  Or is this possibly the "cheating" incident?

I agree - I don't know - I am already tired of the androgynous look.  I guess I'm not fashion forward, or progressive enough, but I want to see women dressed for their bodies and men dressed for theirs.  The faded, natural neutral in boxy shapes just does nothing for me.  I'd tired of the crop tops every week.  I'm actually wondering if Brandon doesn't really know HOW to drape a garment on a womens'  body, or how to tailor something to show off the curves.  

I also get kind of tired of the judges, especially Heidi and Nina saying how modern and fashion forward those looks are, but, Nina is wearing Oscar the Grouch sheddings on her sweaters and Heidi is squeezing her amazing figure into super tight, sexy outfits.  So, if these boxy outfits are so modern and up to date, why aren't they wearing them?  

• Love 10
32 minutes ago, auntlada said:

As someone who used to shop at J.C. Penney before our store closed, I feel safe in saying I am more fashion forward than anything they have shown, particularly that sweatshirt dress. I am so fashion forward that I was wearing sweatshirt dresses that my mother remade from actual sweatshirts in the 1980s.

I loved Brandon's and Kentaro's looks. And I don't think they were unfeminine. I would love to wear them. (Well, I would love to be able to wear the cropped hoodie.)

I agree.  They are the only ones who design interesting, fashion forward clothes, this season.   What they made for this challenge was fabulous.  I think the only reason Kentaro did not win is that the woman from JCPenny didn't feel it could be sold as easily because it was 4 pieces.  

I wear fashion forward clothes and always have.  I mix them with and incorporate pieces into my usual jeans/shirt style with cutting edge shoes, of course! 

Damn I really wanted to buy Kentaro's pants and jacket.  Those pants were fabulous and that jacket could be worn with jeans, too.   I am too old for crop tops but I also love most of the things Brendan designs.  If they were going to be sold in ready to wear the hanging strips he puts on them would be eliminated.  They make for a good runway show, though. 

The word cheating was used in the preview at least twice.  That means it is not going to be one of those overblown previews that doesn't live up to the hype.   Tim was pissed.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, roctavia said:

I want one season to go by without Tim using his save at all, there is nothing in the rules that says he has to do it, and I don't think there is someone every season who is wrongfully offed. It's a nice option for when he disagrees, but it's unnecessary. 

Unless the producers have built a certain number of sew-ers into the show. (Hyphen added to prevent confustion.)

9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm from the Midwest, with a Midwestern practicality, and I don't get bankrupting yourself for expensive clothes from exclusive stores. 

Yes.  I'll admit to going to Neiman Marcus, looking at the clothing construction and the prices and using that to kick myself because I could sew that well for fewer dollars.  OK, it was when I was working in Houston, and could afford great fabrics at Sakowitz, but it was a way to motivate myself.

1 hour ago, wings707 said:
  2 hours ago, Jordan Baker said:

Didn't it become available only last night (after the show)? Why is it already 42% off?

The cost of the fabric is close to the cost of the dress unless they aren't using a woven high quality men's suit wool. 

• Love 1

I agree - I don't know - I am already tired of the androgynous look.  I guess I'm not fashion forward, or progressive enough, but I want to see women dressed for their bodies and men dressed for theirs.  The faded, natural neutral in boxy shapes just does nothing for me.  I'd tired of the crop tops every week.  I'm actually wondering if Brandon doesn't really know HOW to drape a garment on a womens'  body, or how to tailor something to show off the curves.

That's what I've been thinking for a while now. He's a one trick pony.

I'm confused, because I've been absolutely convinced that the "cheating" accusation involved the twins, and it hasn't happened yet. 

In the beginning of the season, when they were showing previews of the season, didn't it look like it had something to do with Batani? I thought we speculated that. Then, as the episodes have progressed, there was nothing to suggest Batani has done anything wrong, but the twins look like they are the guilty parties, hands down! So, I'm really confused. Good job, show.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I also get kind of tired of the judges, especially Heidi and Nina saying how modern and fashion forward those looks are, but, Nina is wearing Oscar the Grouch sheddings on her sweaters and Heidi is squeezing her amazing figure into super tight, sexy outfits.  So, if these boxy outfits are so modern and up to date, why aren't they wearing them?  

There are many different styles that are "are modern and up to date."  Not everything coming out this fall is boxy.  There is always something for everyone.  

There are figure conscious clothes that are also in style that show women's curves. 

We all have different tastes.  There is no right or wrong here.  Don't like boxy?  Don't buy it. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I wish to officially add to the list of pretentious sounding words used on the show. I hate it when a designer says to the make up artist "I want a pink lip." I always want the make up artist to come back with "Is that the top lip or the bottom lip that you want pink?"

Oh - I thought of another one!  "I want a smokey eye."  Awesome . . . which eye do you want smokey, and what should we do with the other one?

• Love 11
11 hours ago, Beaner said:

I couldn't really get a handle on the friction between Kenya and Amy. They both seem creative and mature with a lot in common, so why was there so much tension? I always rooted for them, but I don't know...I felt a nasty vibe...and didn't like how Kenya threw Amy under the bus on the runway. 

34 minutes ago, auntlada said:

I think Kenya and Amy were both trying too hard to be polite and diplomatic and nice, so neither said what she really thought. Each was afraid of offending the other, even though you can be diplomatic and nice and still say what you think. It's just a little harder.

The full denim suit was awful, I thought. (I don't feel a need to be diplomatic here.) It was very low-cut, which is fine for the runway, but someone who buys a suit probably will want to wear it to work. You can't wear that jacket to most workplaces without something under it, and I am struggling to think what would look good under it because of its weird neckline and collar.

I think Amy was self aware enough to realize that she would have to keep down the teacher in her, so she went too far the other way. Sadly, while I believe her intentions were good, she didn't go about it in a way that worked for working with Kenya, who I think just has a different enough work style to make the two, who seemed to like each other, like oil and water in a partnership. I think they were both trying not to step on each others' toes, but the more Amy stepped back or conceded to Kenya's ideas, the more Kenya seemed to become snotty and sulky. There was a lot of eye rolling and muttering. Amy was dead right about spending a lot of precious time on a garment that was not likely to be used. Kenya could have just said "I understand how you feel but I'd like to be sure so I'll spend another 20 minutes on this just to be on the safe side" or something. But she just huffed out of the room without a word.  When Amy questioned her on the V neck top for the suit, Kenya just shrugged and couldn't defend it. And it did look stupid with a V neck, so they had to throw it out, which is why the suit looked so boobalicious. It would have looked marginally better with a little cami under the jacket. I don't think Kenya plays well with others so much. She seemed to be on the defensive and her passive aggressive attitude toward Amy on the runway was hard to take. It pains me to say it since I like her. I cut her some slack for that reason, though. Everyone has a bad day sometimes. Listening to those twins blathering on would send anyone to the edge.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

One last thought - I don't get the hate for JCPenney.  My mom was an assistant manager until she retired, and I was lucky to grow up wearing JCP clothes, while most of my cousins were outfitted from K-Mart or Goodwill.  It just seems a little snobby or elitist to me.   I'm from the Midwest, with a Midwestern practicality, and I don't get bankrupting yourself for expensive clothes from exclusive stores.  But YMMV.

I agree, and I think that JC Penney is going through a financial crisis right now - sales are down, stores are closing.  I think that they would like to try to offer affordable, stylish clothes but they do seem to miss the mark - especially when they invest in designers like PR winners Ashley and Erin.   

I shop occasionally in JC Penney, and do find some cute stuff - not super on-trend, but not totally frumpy either.

I especially noticed the hate for JCP from the twins - every time they said "JC Penney shopper", they looked like they had an inward shudder and an outward nasty face - as in "God forbid WE should be caught dead there!"  

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

I agree, and I think that JC Penney is going through a financial crisis right now - sales are down, stores are closing.  I think that they would like to try to offer affordable, stylish clothes but they do seem to miss the mark - especially when they invest in designers like PR winners Ashley and Erin.   

I shop occasionally in JC Penney, and do find some cute stuff - not super on-trend, but not totally frumpy either.

I especially noticed the hate for JCP from the twins - every time they said "JC Penney shopper", they looked like they had an inward shudder and an outward nasty face - as in "God forbid WE should be caught dead there!"  

Brick and Mortar stores are closing every year.  K Mart is on it's way out.  Online shopping rules. 

The twins are young and not that bright.  Any top designer will tell you that items can be found everywhere, it is up to you create your own look.   It isn't necessary to have a big budget to buy styles you want.  

One of my favorite things is a jean jacket I bought several years ago at the GAP on sale for $16!   I am sure they didn't sell because they were too stiff.   Easy fix for that.  Soak them for a couple of days in vinegar and they soften to feel like a lived in jacket you have worn for years.  

• Love 11

The judges, last week: Brandon, enough with the crop tops and strings. Give us something different.

The judges, this week: A hoodie crop top! With strings! How different!

Me, most of the time: WTF?!

I don't hate the twins; I hate the show for casting them to be annoying and then taking every opportunity to underline that. They're there for entertainment and it irritates the hell out of me that the show thinks I find idiocy entertaining.  Also, the eye rolling, grimacing and complaining from the other designers is getting tedious. They're adults. They can ask the twins to be respectful of the work environment. If production wouldn't allow this, then it's just more of the show's manipulation.

I haven't been fond of Margarita or her designs from the start. Her behavior last week reinforced my dislike. I thought her dress was just OK, but it's kind of fitting that her work is selling for $39.99.

Count me as another who is tired of the judges saying a garment is "nothing new" or "nothing we haven't seem before" when all Nina and the guest judges wear are clothes we've seen before that are nothing new. Heidi sometimes wears something unusual, but it's often something that makes me not need to question her taste level because I can tell it's bad.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, GaT said:

The twins have such smug faces they set my teeth on edge, they’re like the female Martin Shkreli. Claire should make a pair of big girl panties for Shawn so that she can grow up & design her own clothes, it should be interesting to see if she can even make something without Claire's help. Maybe if we're really lucky, it will turn into a double elimination, but if Tim uses his save, I'm going to hunt that man down.

I hate when they ask people who on their team should win or lose, that’s the judge's job.

I liked: Kentaro & Brandon, Batani & Margarita

Was OK with: Ayana & Michael

Didn't like: Claire & Shawn, Kenya & Amy

Sorry if this is already posted, but here’s the winning look on JCP, they recreated it pretty well.

It doesn't look bad!  It doesn't look expensive, either, though, and this is where I think JCP screws themselves.  They have items that are cute in design, but the fabric is cheap and the finishes look shoddy.  Margarita may have used the same fabric, but her finishing is much better.  

At the bottom of the above JCP link for the dress, there are several other PR runway designs - it looks like they have re-worked some of the stuff from the other designers.  Of particular interest is the sweatshirt dress (in grey and red) - similar to Shawn's, but actually done better - it has grommets and lacing on the sides which give it a more fitted and interesting look.  It's actually kind of cute and looks super comfy.

• Love 2

The best fashion on the show was the Swatch birthday t-shirt.  As for the actual designers, I loved Kentaro's jacket.   It was so versatile and it would look good on everyone.

I loved it when Tim said to the whiny bitches, offering yet again the excuse that they don't design for full-figured women : "Neither does anyone here!"  That said, I didn't think the look Liris wore was completely hideous.  Or maybe that was just Liris selling it.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, Beaner said:

I couldn't really get a handle on the friction between Kenya and Amy. They both seem creative and mature with a lot in common, so why was there so much tension? I always rooted for them, but I don't know...I felt a nasty vibe...and didn't like how Kenya threw Amy under the bus on the runway. 

I think while they were working both of them wanted to avoid drama to the point where they never challenged each other's ideas and by the time the work was almost done they both could stand back and realize that because they weren't pushing each other or raising concerns (which you can do in a nice way) they'd created something blah. They made clothes instead of fashion, which is fine but certainly not the point of this show and they both knew it and they were mad at themselves and mad at each other for not speaking up sooner. They tried too hard to reach consensus and ended up making a camel instead of a horse.

10 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I could have done without the arch comments of the "J.C. Penney woman" that the twins were dropping. As they were using it, they meant someone who was basic and not fashion-forward. Jerks.

Yep. I just made the point about clothes vs. fashion but at the end of the day the difference between the two isn't where it's sold, but rather if it's original and creative.

3 hours ago, ree1778 said:

Shawn seems to have more ideas, but has no clue how to execute anything. Claire can sew, but has no ideas. They're basically one designer, but 2 people. That was some fugly crap they sent down the Runway.

I've been thinking this for a while. Claire seems to have the technical skills but Shawn is the one producing the more interesting looks, typically after she gets Claire to do anything more complicated than sewing a straight line. That works well in a larger business but is doomed to fail in a solo competition.

There was a point last night in the workroom where Claire could barely stand up straight while Shawn was using her to get her work done and it was like Shawn was sucking the life out of her twin.

My cheating theory is that whatever twin stays will facetime with the auf'ed twin and get design or technical advice. People will overhear it in the kitchen and then that twin will end up in the top and that will cause the fight. We know they can't work solo so I'd have a hard time believing that one could avoid the temptation of getting help.

• Love 15

Nina made me laugh for the first time in ages.

Nina:  She looks like a nun!

Zac:  Pretty sexy for a nun.

Nina:  A South American nun.

Such obvious producer manipulation, first making sure the twins could pair up, then pitting them against each other . . . BUT I'M OKAY WITH IT.

Edited by candall
  • Love 20

Bald twin was way too concerned about making her ugly dress suit the model rather than the client...she can not seem to get past stick-thin models. It was getting bizarre. The look was for JCP not for the model...good grief.

I,too hate the singular "lip" as well as "a pant" for pants or a "shoe" for shoes lol as in she is wearing a tailored pant with an edgy shoe and a bold lip. Lol

• Love 10

Gawd what a BORING show!  There wasn't one single Wow! look on the runway.  I didn't get the hate for Kenya's dress - it was kind of stodgy, but it met the challenge, was well crafted and looked like something that could be worn to an office job.  Amy is disappointing, I really expected she'd start showing some real design flare, but that pantsuit was godawful.   I liked Margarita in the beginning, but not so much now - she's gotten a progressively nasty undertone to her remarks, and I thought her winning look was a big bland yawn.  Kentaro and Brandon are cute, but everything last night had the one-trick pony vibe.   Batani's look was SO Junior.  And it's way past enough with the twinsies - they may have started out as irritating "drama," but at this point they are just like irritating gnats.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

JCP evidently didn't have a problem producing in all sizes because it does come in XX-Large. 

That's probably a size four in real sizes.  :)  Maybe that's how Liris can wear a size 14.

Edited by Miss Ruth
add word
  • Love 13
43 minutes ago, wings707 said:

One of my favorite things is a jean jacket I bought several years ago at the GAP on sale for $16!   I am sure they didn't sell because they were too stiff.   Easy fix for that.  Soak them for a couple of days in vinegar and they soften to feel like a lived in jacket you have worn for years.  

Wandering away from topic but...I'm fascinated!  Just literally let it sit in white vinegar for a few days?  I have a Gap jean jacket that needs that treatment for sure.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, GreyBunny said:

I thought Margarita was shady for throwing her model under the bus but she's got nothing on Amy. She hands control to Kenya, gets mad at Kenya for being in control, and then mutters and bitches about her on the runway. Nope. You can't hand the wheel to someone else and then get mad about how they drive. Screw you, Amy, and your ugly denim nightmare.

Thank you!

Another poster said that Kenya "Threw Amy under the bus".  How?  By saying over and over again "I deserve to be here"?  That's the most diplomatic way she could have handled it.  Kenya was 100% diplomatic through the entire episode even though the judges hate that so passionately.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, susannot said:

The twinnies were making Liris's dress on a form that said 18.

TY - because I'm a 14 and thought - there is no way I look like that! Eating a salad as we speak I was so mortified!

• Love 16

Same, I'm a 14.  I was surprised that Liris said she's a 14.  I know that the camera adds weight but I was struck by that. Maybe American sizes are different than Canadian.  I am a Canadian 14.  And @tessat I eat salad every single day for lunch.  LOL.  Unfortunately that just makes me stay the same.  

• Love 7

Last night, when Brandon was creating the hood out of muslin, I thought "He can't be serious!" I was getting a definite Little House on the Prairie vibe when he tried it on. I guess that shows how little I know about creating garments, because the final product didn't have even a whiff of LHotP.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Wandering away from topic but...I'm fascinated!  Just literally let it sit in white vinegar for a few days?  I have a Gap jean jacket that needs that treatment for sure.

YES!  You can soak anything you want to be softer.  I have done it to shirts, too.  I bought an over sized shirt online [love them!] but the cotton was too heavy and it didn't drape as the picture showed.   White vinegar for a few days fixed it.  I love this trick.  

5 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Same, I'm a 14.  I was surprised that Liris said she's a 14.  I know that the camera adds weight but I was struck by that. Maybe American sizes are different than Canadian.  I am a Canadian 14.  And @tessat I eat salad every single day for lunch.  LOL.  Unfortunately that just makes me stay the same.  

She does look to be bigger than 14.  Maybe she means an expensive 14.  There is a difference in upscale garments.  

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, wings707 said:
20 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

YES!  You can soak anything you want to be softer.  I have done it to shirts, too.  I bought an over sized shirt online [love them!] but the cotton was too heavy and it didn't drape as the picture showed.   White vinegar for a few days fixed it.  I love this trick.  

Maybe the most useful thing I've learned this year.  Thank you.

• Love 19

The winning dress was cute on the runway, but looking at it as a real world purchase makes me cringe. How the fuck do you iron that thing? Clothes that are that much work aren't worth it.

I loved Brandon and Kentaro's looks although they were the least fashion-y ones they have each done. Both were ready to wear, easily mass produced in multiple sizes. There were just too many interchangeable pieces for this to be a single JCP garment. 

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, tessat said:

TY - because I'm a 14 and thought - there is no way I look like that! Eating a salad as we speak I was so mortified!

I'm a 14 and overweight.  Liris is no size 14.  It's insulting.  If PR wants to show us different sized models then they should be honest about their sizes and measurements. 

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, enoughcats said:
22 minutes ago, wings707 said:
36 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

Maybe the most useful thing I've learned this year.  Thank you.

After a few days in vinegar, wash and dry your garment.  If it isn't quite as soft as you would like, do it again.  I soaked my jean jacket 3 years ago and I don't remember how many vinegar baths it got.  It might have been more than one. 

Yeah, now that I think about it, I did it several times.  The jacket was very stiff.  

• Love 4
11 hours ago, PrincessPurrsALot said:

Amy's blue suit was Mrs. Brady to me.  Florence Henderson's ghost was probably following the model, hoping to try it on.   

I know.  I was just waiting for them to say something about how low cut it was.  And Nina was wearing something just as low.

TexasGal - every time my daughter finds me watching this show, she asks if there's going to be a "mother-fucking walk off"  and I have to explain that it was just once in Season 2.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, nightowl said:

Here's my fear...one twin gets eliminated, and of course Tim doesn't use his save.

BUT,  there is an allegation of cheating and the cheater is "auf'd" before the regular elimination.

Meaning .. the last eliminated designer returns.  More twin drama ensues.

Well that's certainly nightmarish.  Off to look for spoilers . . .

• Love 3
5 hours ago, PaulaO said:

I think both twins will go next week, and Tim will use his save to bring back Samantha.  At least that is my hope.

That is also my hope ... and the theory that if Twin 1 gets auf'd after head-to-shavedhead challenge, and Twin 2 is auf'd for cheating and that subsequently the most recently auf'd contestant comes back, meaning Twin 1 ... well, if indeed the cheating scandal that gets uncovered was about BOTH twins, then I'd think the returnee would be the person auf'd before this last episode, meaning Samantha. My hope, anyway.

Dying to see what causes Michael to flounce. Especially if it has to do with his friend Margarita ... wondering if he flounces in solidarity to her or is finally pissed off at her shady ways.

Finally ... whatever happened to the Heidi Proclamation of two weeks ago (I think) that "one ... (dum dum dum) ... OR MORE of you ... (dum dum dum) ... will be eliminated." So why couldn't they have just auf'ed BOTH twins last night for possibly the two fugliest outfits I've ever seen in the show's history? (Poor Lyris, I think it was, in that sweatshirt dress. Yow.)? Oh right,  I know why. So they could ratchit up the drama for next week.

BTW I keep forgetting that Amy exists. I was reading a recap as recently as a week ago and was trying to remember "Amy? There'a an Amy on this show?" And I think she realizes she's been banished to oblivion though she thought she would do well and it is not sitting well with her. Though if her best try is to make, as someone put it SO well, a pantsuit that should only be worn by the parent of The Silver Platters, then maybe she'd be better off in obscurity. This should have been her wheelhouse. Instead I'm waiting for Alice to call me to dinner. 

• Love 3

Shorn's "legwarmers" with the knit dress reminded me of back in the day when women would try to get away with wearing knee high stockings with a skirt-- and then you catch that glimpse of knee when the skirt lifts up a bit too much. 

• Love 4
11 hours ago, dwarmed said:
11 hours ago, Aerobicidal said:

pendulous fabric penis

Michael Kors, is that you?

OMG.  This season, more than ever, makes me miss our beloved Duchess of Orange.

Zac gets a good one in there every once in a while, and his exchange with Nina ending with Nina's definitive declaration "A South American nun" was pretty funny, but Michael Kors would have a field day with these twins.  I can also tell that both Nina and Zac despise the twins.  They're trying to be impartial, but you can tell by their facial expressions and vocal inflections that they are sooooo over Shorn and Hair.

• Love 15

My  guess is that neither twin is eliminated so 2 will go next week.   

So runway happens and all are there.  

The twins are safe (helping each other as usual) and 2 other designers are the bottom 2.  Margarita is one of them and refused to speak up thus her throwing someone under the bus statement.  Michael and others are furious because if one of the twins had been eliminated last week, Margarita would not be in danger of being auffed.  

Michael takes charge to expose the truth.  

So what is the truth?  Twins help each other is one point.  Exposing Shawn for designing the exact same outfit her model wore to that challenge is another.  Sweatshirt dress that Clair wore in episode one that was plagiarized for a challenge is another.  But somehow I feel there is something else that happens next week that blows things open for Michael.   

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

Empress said: "Swatch was so cute with his little crown."

Of everything I have seen on this show all season, the ONE THING I WANT MORE THAN ANYTHING? That T-shirt the Mood-goers got with Swatch in his birthday crown!!!

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
Trying to comment about a quote. grrrr.
  • Love 10