Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E07: The Ultimate Faceoff

• Start Topic

The dress that the Twin  put on her model had poor fit in the bosom area. It made her left one very noticeable and hid her right one. Was not a fan of either of their looks but at least the model wearing the dress was happy with it. 

• Love 8

My husband watched eighteen minutes for the first time this season, and it was the 18 minutes at the beginning of the third half hour.  His comment "They are arrogant and stupid" I asked who, he pointed to the twins.  Boyo, it didn't take him long, did it?

• Love 24

I really liked Margarita's dress and was happy it won, but I was a little confused about the guest judge's comments about it being hard to produce in a range of sizes. I'm 47 and that style of dress was popular when I was just starting in the work force. I wore dresses very similar when I was an 18-20 and believe me, they were mass produced. 

Edited by I-Kare
forgot a word
  • Love 11

Now THAT is how you milk the twin drama for all it's worth! I saw the bottom two thing as a possibility, but not the individual head-to-head challenge! Whoever thought that up ought to get scooped up by the Government for enhanced interrogation work! OK, just kidding, but that was kind of evil genius.

Kintaro/Brandon made what I thought they'd make, but they are cute working together, and they do what they do well. Kintaro's model from last week, Meisha?, sold her look this week as well as she did last week. I'm not saying that the win was ALL her, but she helped. Good for Margarita. (She's from Puerto Rico, IIRC....I wonder if what happened over there affected her time on the show, or was it all done by then?)

• Love 13

Kintaro/Brandon made what I thought they'd make, but they are cute working together, and they do what they do well.

Kintaro, I'd like to see a little more of. Brandon, with his long fabric streamers, I'm getting tired of. Wouldn't mind seeing him evolve or exit.

• Love 17

Margarita won that challenge fair and square, and she carried Batani along. Other than that gorgeous merlot color, there was nothing interesting about her double-breasted junior's style dress. 

Kentaro and Brandon clearly get one another and their clothing was great, but I didn't really think that it was fashion. Their outfits looked more like a well-tailored look that the models picked out from various stores. Like, a little Zara here, some UO here, throw on strappy sandals rather than a pair of Nike Juvenate and you've got what they're wearing. 

• Love 6

I liked the winning looks. I thought both Margarita and Batani's dresses were cute. Brandon and Kentaro's athleisure looks were good in that it gave the customer several pieces to choose from, but I thought it was a little loose on the menswear challenge. I guess the cutoff sweatshirt and the white thermal leggings had a "borrowed from the boys" aspect, but that's about it 

Kenya and Amy got lucky this week. The powder blue suit's collar and overall design was ugly. At least the skirt and tied top looked professional, however boring and not "fashion"

Glad the twins are finally in the bottom. Wow, 1 hour is tough for anyone to create anything. The twins will explode from the pressure. I hope Claire stays and Shaun leaves. 

• Love 8

Yes! A twin is going home. Way to stretch the drama for another episode.(eye roll)

I'm torn Claire obviously has the skills so she should continue but at the same time I want to see Shawn fall on her face without any back up. 

If they aren't even going to take the judges criticism or Tim's advice what is the point of being on the show. They are just so full of themselves.

Aw Brandon and Kintaro are just too cute together. Trying to be diplomatic about who should win.

Amy and Kenya not good but glad they are both safe. 

After last week I just don't like Margarita anymore. Her dress was good but I just can't get past her horrible behavior.

• Love 17
20 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I like Kenya and Amy but that powder blue jacket top was horrendous. And that gray top was a blast from the past, 90's I think. Awful! They lucked out not being auf'ed. 

I'm not a dress person but Margarita's dress was cute. Not surprised she won, all the judges loved it, and it does look like something Penney's sell.

All Heidi had to do was ask Tim who does the most work when it comes to the twins. What bullshit! Now we have to be tortured watching them not helping each other and probably melting down because they won't be able to do any work without each other. This is what this show has become, useless drama instead of serious fashion designing. 

...yes, all they had to do was ask Tim, but this is drama for the sake of drama that I can get behind. I hope that those entitled, talentless twins both go down in flames. The way they were acting like no one else understands what it is like to be criticized. They are insufferable. I'm surprised one of the other designers hasn't straight up smacked them by now -- or at least given them a severe verbal beat down. 

I loved Zac slamming their brand. How in the hell did they get on the show in the first place?

Edited by jackjill89
  • Love 23
9 minutes ago, jackjill89 said:

...yes, all they had to do was ask Tim, but this is drama for the sake of drama that I can get behind. I hope that those entitled, talentless twins both go down in flames.

I loved Zac slamming their brand. How in the hell did they get on the show in the first place?

The twins are so weak, I don't know how they should've gained the audience of this show. The show is not doing fashion any favor, if they did it for any other reason than the belief in their talent.

• Love 3

Kenya seems like a lovely person, but I question her taste at this point. The last three weeks she has sent some vile things down the runway IMO. 

I think the twins won't even finish the challenge. I think they'll leave together voluntarily. 

Edited by Maya
  • Love 22

During the judges' confab when they were talking about not being able to tell who did what or being able to disentangle the two of them and then said "I think we know what we have to do," I deluded myself for the three glorious minutes of the commercial break that we were going to get rid of both of them.  Both.  Not neither.  BOOOOO.  

Oh, well, at least I know to tune in a few minutes late next week.  

• Love 18

Count me out of watching next week's episode!  Do the producers really think people want to watch one more minute of the twins?????????  I can't imagine anything I want to watch less than the two of them carrying on.

• Love 4

I dunno guys - I don't see the Tim Save happening.  He seems to hate them as much as Zac does.  Next week is Cheatgate...yassss!  Interesting - many of us thought it would involve the twins, based on previews, but clearly they won't both be there to cheat together.

Amy's been pretty solid up until tonight, but dear God was that hideous - shockingly awful.

• Love 18

And wasn't her monologue about people ripping off designs from others? I thought that was pretty funny considering last week she and her sister both did some of that. I also thought that maybe it was a bit of foreshadowing but it didn't turn out that way, at least for this week.

• Love 8

I couldn't really get a handle on the friction between Kenya and Amy. They both seem creative and mature with a lot in common, so why was there so much tension? I always rooted for them, but I don't know...I felt a nasty vibe...and didn't like how Kenya threw Amy under the bus on the runway. 

• Love 21
10 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

And wasn't her monologue about people ripping off designs from others? I thought that was pretty funny considering last week she and her sister both did some of that. I also thought that maybe it was a bit of foreshadowing but it didn't turn out that way, at least for this week.

And didn't Shawn ask Kentaro if she could copy the Jean leggings he did the week before? The twins trash everyone in their TH's , it's ironic especially when they end up in the bottom. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, Cindyluwho said:

With our luck they will turn it into a non elimination  and we will be stuck with both for another week.

Take that back. NOW.

33 minutes ago, Beaner said:

I couldn't really get a handle on the friction between Kenya and Amy. They both seem creative and mature with a lot in common, so why was there so much tension? I always rooted for them, but I don't know...I felt a nasty vibe...and didn't like how Kenya threw Amy under the bus on the runway. 

I didn't get that either.  I was baffled they created those horrible looks . How could they have been so off. 

Edited by wings707
  • Love 7