Type keyword(s) to search

These Spoilers Suck: Bitter Speculation About SPN Spoilers

catrox14
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Spoilers With Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Ugh, I just saw that Speight is directing "Unity". I wonder who he will 'homage' this time?

I like Rich fine, but I think he sucks as a director. And of a Berens script? Double ugh.

I thought Unity was the most recent ep. That said I do agree with you about Speight the director.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

You're correct - episode is called Despair. (How fitting)

I do think Cas either dies or is sent to Heaven Jail. Given its Berens and Speight I'm sure Dean will be made to grovel in some way or be made to ha e regret that he did or didn't do something that ends with Cas' demise.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I do think Cas either dies or is sent to Heaven Jail. Given its Berens and Speight I'm sure Dean will be made to grovel in some way or be made to ha e regret that he did or didn't do something that ends with Cas' demise.

So I guess they've already forgotten (or ignored) the fact that Cas isn't supposed to die until he's happy?  Or maybe he saves Jack (takes on the soul bomb himself?) and is so happy that he implodes.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
On 10/29/2020 at 1:53 AM, tessathereaper said:

I wasn't talking about that scene, I was talking about the scene at the end of the episode where she actually says she doesn't see them working out.  I can't see any reason not to take her word for it.  And I did think Dean and Lisa had chemistry, I could easily imagine them some uh good times and having fun together. They also felt comfortable, which for a long term relationship "comfortable" is probably a lot more important than sparks.  Dean NEVER claimed to be in love with Lisa in Season 3(during Kids are Alright or the dream episode) or when he went to her in Season 5(he just said when he imagines himself happy, he imagined himself with her).   But he was interested in seeing what would happen and they did spend a year together which is actually in the end a lot longer than he was ever with Cassie.  

I never had a problem with Cassie not believing him in the first place, it was understandable she'd think he was nuts, but once she did believe him and got to see what he did, she still said she didn't see it working out. 

So my point was Cassie basically was ready to move on and let Dean know it.  She knew her own mind and her own temperament and what she wanted out of her life.  It's not like they had a long term relationship either, they only knew each other, tops, a couple months, if that.  Seems to  me Dean told her because the relationship was getting ready to cross that line into something potentially more serious(and even serious relationship don't always last forever or always end in marriage/kids what have you) and he wanted her to go into it with full knowledge(unlike the way Sam runs his "outside" relationships) of what was involved precisely so she could make this very choice - is this an aspect she would want to deal with as part of her life because it would always be part of his.  And now that she believed him and saw what he did, she could respect him for it, but make the choice it wasn't what she wanted for her life.

Cassie very nicely let Dean know she didn't see a point in investing anymore time into it.  Dean like a mature person who respects someone would likely listen to that. 

Lisa on the other hand, showed she was interested in seeing if there was any potential but at the time Dean was going to be dragged to Hell at the end of the season so...  So it makes sense that when he started thinking about what it would be like to have that sort of life, he'd think about it with Lisa.  There isn't anything wrong with him considering Ben part of the package because Ben was part of the package.  You marry or have a serious relationship someone with a young child, esp as sole custodial parent, you basically are signing up to become a parent to that child to some degree.  I mean Linda was the love of Paul McCartney's life and the fact that she was a mother was part of her attraction, seeing what she was like as parent, how she juggled her kid with the rest of her life, etc.  He lived a crazy, rock star life but he wanted to settle down so really in a way not too unlike a hunter looking to settle down.  Of course it's a lot more complicated for Dean.  🙂

But in any case, Dean and Lisa tried it and it didn't work, though maybe if everyone else had been honest with Dean from the start they'd have had a better chance.  I think it was more because Dean told Lisa he was giving up hunting and would settle down but then felt guilty when he didn't quite live up to it because he would still check things out if he thought there was something supernatural going on or secretly research things, etc and that's why he wouldn't always tell her what he was doing.  I wouldn't really necessarily put that on Lisa, she obviously knew he was dealing with some things, and it seemed like for the most part she let them go in a good natured way.  I didn't think she ever was portrayed as desperate, she was an attractive women and probably not lacking for opportunities but it was hard to find someone who she really liked and who was also good with Ben and so could move on to a more serious stage.  I would imagine that is something a single parent needs to take into consideration because if the person can't be good with your kid, well your kid has to come first.

Confused about the first because I posted the dialogue from that goodbye scene?

He knew Lisa for even less time. A weekend + how ever long her episode was (2 days?). We can't understate the importance of him telling her the Big.Family.Secret that even Sam, who LOVED to defy John didn't even tell his long-term girlfriend who he loved. We will have agree to disagree on the Ben thing. It seems to me he wouldn't have any return connection to Lisa if he had not met Ben. Her acceptance of Hunter Dean was based on Dean saving her son and her witnessing it first hand. Totally not faulting her at all, it's just my interpretation. 

Yes Lisa was accepting. How Lisa found out about hunting is totally different circumstances than Cassie. Lisa literally saw it in action as Dean and Sam saved her son. She was grateful - Dean was a hero. Very different than this guy leaving town and telling you "some insane story" as Cassie put it. 

Anyway, I just want Dean to be happy. Since Lisa was brought back, and I had no choice - I wanted him to find some kind of peace and acceptance. But I will always maintain that Cassie appearing in his dream made way more sense. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, ahrtee said:

So I guess they've already forgotten (or ignored) the fact that Cas isn't supposed to die until he's happy?  Or maybe he saves Jack (takes on the soul bomb himself?) and is so happy that he implodes.  

The used to be Destiel shipper in me would laugh if Dean told Cas he loves him,and then Cas drops dead.

• LOL 4
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

The used to be Destiel shipper in me would laugh if Dean told Cas he loves him,and then Cas drops dead.

I'd laugh and then I'd cry (for Dean).  Unfortunately,  Cas hasn't GAF about Dean since being brainwashed by the fetus in S12. Since that moment he's done nothing but betray, lie to, and lay guilt trips on his 'best friend'. 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, shoetingstar said:

Confused about the first because I posted the dialogue from that goodbye scene?

He knew Lisa for even less time. A weekend + how ever long her episode was (2 days?). We can't understate the importance of him telling her the Big.Family.Secret that even Sam, who LOVED to defy John didn't even tell his long-term girlfriend who he loved. We will have agree to disagree on the Ben thing. It seems to me he wouldn't have any return connection to Lisa if he had not met Ben. Her acceptance of Hunter Dean was based on Dean saving her son and her witnessing it first hand. Totally not faulting her at all, it's just my interpretation. 

Yes Lisa was accepting. How Lisa found out about hunting is totally different circumstances than Cassie. Lisa literally saw it in action as Dean and Sam saved her son. She was grateful - Dean was a hero. Very different than this guy leaving town and telling you "some insane story" as Cassie put it. 

Anyway, I just want Dean to be happy. Since Lisa was brought back, and I had no choice - I wanted him to find some kind of peace and acceptance. But I will always maintain that Cassie appearing in his dream made way more sense. 

I totally agree with you especially the bolded parts. 

• Love 2

I'm betting Cas will pull the old John Winchester schtick on Dean and finish it with the same old shit, too-watch out for Jackie-poo, Dean-only he will dispense with the kill part of it and skip right to just and only save him-maybe he'll tell Dean that's how Dean can redeem himself now 🙄 or some similar type of horse shit that Berens will come up with. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I'm betting Cas will pull the old John Winchester schtick on Dean and finish it with the same old shit, too-watch out for Jackie-poo, Dean-only he will dispense with the kill part of it and skip right to just and only save him-maybe he'll tell Dean that's how Dean can redeem himself now 🙄 or some similar type of horse shit that Berens will come up with. 

I don't really have a feel for Berens. He wrote descent episodes in the past. But, he is also responsible for The Scar and The Spear. Notorious for Wayward Sisters.  Despair will be melodramatic and maybe sappy?  I continuously feel during this season that the tone of each episode changes from one to the next. This may be contributing to much of its ambiguity as well as inconsistency.  Which makes me wonder what the specifics are with respect to showrunner as an actual job description. 

Edited by Terese
  • Useful 1

I know you can’t reveal much about the Supernatural series finale (airing Nov. 19), but can you at least tell us if Sam and Dean will have a common ending (either they both live or they both die)? I don’t want my boys to be separated in the very end. — Maria
“Sam and Dean started this journey together, and they are ending this journey together,” co-showrunner Andrew Dabb affirms. “Do they end it in the same place? Do they end it in the same way? Are they both on the same page when it ends? That remains to be seen in the last episode. But the show started about these two guys, and it ends about these two guys.” BONUS SCOOP!: In order to save Jack, Dean, Sam and Cas are “going to go to great lengths, and some huge sacrifices are going to be made along the way,” Misha Collins previews.

"I don't want to talk about Sam and Dean, but Jack, let me tell you about Jack," 

Even when not asked about Jack we have to hear about Jack. 

They have made Dean and Cas's relationship so one sided, and made us watch Dean grieve over Cas so many times, I just don't care anymore.

https://tvline.com/2020/11/04/titans-season-3-spoilers-kory-starfire-blackfire-tamaran/

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

"I don't want to talk about Sam and Dean, but Jack, let me tell you about Jack," 

They have made Dean and Cas's relationship so one sided, and made us watch Dean grieve over Cas so many times, I just don't care anymore.

https://tvline.com/2020/11/04/titans-season-3-spoilers-kory-starfire-blackfire-tamaran/

Dabb is an idiot. If he says they end their journey together but then tries to play coy and puts qualifiers on it: but maybe not in the same place, the same way or even on the same page, that leaves no room for togetherness.

I could care less about Nougat and his number one sycophant.

• Love 4

Cas hasn't given a flying fuck about the Winchesters since the fetus brainwashed him. He betrayed Dean in particular first by stealing the Colt from him, then leaving him and Sam unconscious on the ground, and most heinously by turning into a selfish, whiny bitch because Dean dared to be angry about his mother being murdered. Why should I possibly get emotional over his 'sacrifice' now? I only hope they don't pile the guilt on Dean again and some more.

I don't know why they ever let Dabb represent the show in the media. He's such an assclown.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 12
39 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The bitch of it is, Dean and Sam probably do love him. *I* don't.

It's not his fault if he's possessed... and goodness knows that the character had just about the worst writing after the most brilliant introductory arc. I think that started with Gamble... she needed to remove things that made Dean cool to elevate Sam although she still made Dean their hero in 6 and made Dean the center in 7 because he was the character lost everyone. She had to ruin Cas to break the bromance. 

The direction she took Sam... making Sam this badass without remorse for what he had done to Dean or the world or anyone who had died or suffered because of his choices... This informed Carver's decision to focus on Sam's redemption arc and rebuilding the brother's relationship.

No room for Cas there although Dean has great bromance relationships with Benny and Crowley so why not Cas too? Cas' human arc felt like they didn't think too hard or want him around. And that's the vibe that stuck until Jack except that Dean is daddy #1.

It is all very weird.

The Cas and Dean thing temindsme of Sleepy Hollow. Showrunner just decides to tank great part of the show that fans love and great  chemistry between leads for no reason...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Cas commits suicide to save Jack. The Winchesters are "on the same page" but not together at the end. 

Thanks for the spoilers. 

• Love 2

So new promo

Is the dog = God aka shapeshifted Chuck just wanting to be funny? Or are those writers live out their strange dog fetish one last time?

You can see a fourth person in the car in one scene, almost 95 % that is Adam. 

So the final confrontation will take place at some lakeside. 

Jack is the new Death? Or just weirdly has deathly powers? He is "useful" aka has a role to play in Chuck`s ending. 

Still not counting out the Amara-possesses-Sam thing. 

The episode is likely gonna end with undoing the Thanos-snap. But the price for that is bla bla blubb which plays out in episode 20. Maybe something like "we have to travel backwards and erase ourselves or go in standby mode like the bunker/Butters.      

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

So new promo

Is the dog = God aka shapeshifted Chuck just wanting to be funny? Or are those writers live out their strange dog fetish one last time?

So the final confrontation will take place at some lakeside. 

Jack is the new Death? Or just weirdly has deathly powers? He is "useful" aka has a role to play in Chuck`s ending. 

Still not counting out the Amara-possesses-Sam thing. 

The episode is likely gonna end with undoing the Thanos-snap. But the price for that is bla bla blubb which plays out in episode 20. Maybe something like "we have to travel backwards and erase ourselves or go in standby mode like the bunker/Butters.      

I thought the implication from Despair was Jack is NU-Death.

The writers would be funny if Dean hit  the dog and took off forgetting about Sam and Jack ... because was so upset about Cas.

Edited by Castiels Cat
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

I have a vague memory that there was a spoiler which had Lucifer returning in this episode? Or did that turn out to be incorrect?

• Love 1

Promo pictures Here

So they have a pow-wow with Michael in the bunker.

Looks like they expect him to read God's death book? That seems to be what Sam puts in front of him.

My guess is Jack could but it would be pretty silly if they all knew what happened beforehand.

What's up with the four marks on the map?

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Bergamot said:

I have a vague memory that there was a spoiler which had Lucifer returning in this episode? Or did that turn out to be incorrect?

Pellegrino was apparently on set. No idea why imdb still doesn't list him for 19. Guess he is supposed to be a "surprise"?

The showdown is obviously on that lake location where Jack Abel shot that little video. You can only see Jensen, Jared, Rob and Alex there. Obviously Abel behind the camera.

So it's posdible the final non-showdown that is a "big emotional confrontation" is between them.

I'm guessing Jack somehow "reaps" God. Or is the one who cuts the powers from him. Then either the entire power goes into Sam or just Amara's where the white Chuck power goes into either Jack, Michael or Dean.

If it is Dean the brothers will "create" something new but the price will be them storing/safekeeping those energies by taking themselves out.

No, nothing I just speculated makes logical sense but I don't expect it to.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Apparently Mark Pellegrino said in some virtual panel that his last scene as Lucifer was with Cas! and Jack in the bunker. 

Does Cas seriously pop right back up? If he does, they were actually trying this time to keep it a secret but Pellegrino went and just spoiled the crap out of it?

Guess since Jack made the Empty "loud" everyone is awake and on their way back? 

• Useful 2
On 11/7/2020 at 4:01 AM, Aeryn13 said:

Pellegrino was apparently on set. No idea why imdb still doesn't list him for 19. Guess he is supposed to be a "surprise"?

The showdown is obviously on that lake location where Jack Abel shot that little video. You can only see Jensen, Jared, Rob and Alex there. Obviously Abel behind the camera.

So it's posdible the final non-showdown that is a "big emotional confrontation" is between them.

I'm guessing Jack somehow "reaps" God. Or is the one who cuts the powers from him. Then either the entire power goes into Sam or just Amara's where the white Chuck power goes into either Jack, Michael or Dean.

If it is Dean the brothers will "create" something new but the price will be them storing/safekeeping those energies by taking themselves out.

No, nothing I just speculated makes logical sense but I don't expect it to.

If Lucy and Michael are there I would think they are caging him because finally Amara is on. Board. 

If Jack has developed Datkness powers from the explosion then Amara can take over and be the Light.

Can't words for me highlighted the direction. Dean's love changes people and beings. This entire thing with Chuck has been about Dean all along.

Come on.

On 11/7/2020 at 3:53 AM, Aeryn13 said:

Promo pictures Here

So they have a pow-wow with Michael in the bunker.

Looks like they expect him to read God's death book? That seems to be what Sam puts in front of him.

My guess is Jack could but it would be pretty silly if they all knew what happened beforehand.

What's up with the four marks on the map?

Adam knows how to Cage him. Maybe those are the 4 points of the Cage. IDK.

• Useful 1

So I just saw in the regular spoiler thread that Jim Beaver will be in the finale and how sad is it that my first thought was that they probably needed someone to give Dean another Suck it up, Princess speech since that's one of the few things that Badd hasn't regurgitated in a while. 

I'm So. Over. the godawful writing for this show and especially after these last 3 episodes. 

I truly wish that last week's episode had been the last.

Edited by Myrelle
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

So I just saw in the regular spoiler thread that Jim Beaver will be in the finale and how sad is it that my first thought was that they probably needed someone to give Dean another Suck it up, Princess speech since that's one of the few things that Badd hasn't regurgitated in a while. 

I'm So. Over. the godawful writing for this show and especially after these last 3 episodes. 

I truly wish that last week's episode had been the last.

I think he is gonna be some sort of eulogy character. Which is obnoxious because AU!Bobby is just a Sam-worshipper, all "boss" and "big man".

For such a role they should have chosen either Jody or Donna who have a relationship with both brothers. Or original Bobby, however you want to make this happen.

I know likely more cameos would have been in it but they made a deal out of Donna disappearing as well for example. 

Also pandemic or not, they made Eileen a thing this Season and kept this romance plot going so it should be wrapped up somehow. Yet I don't think the actress is in it.

• Love 2