Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Aruba-Con

MarkHB
  • Start Topic

I wonder who the Time agent Sara hooked up was. I thought it would be that guy that came gave them their parking validation ticket because why would that guy run all the way to them just to give them that when they are supposed to hate them. Nothing was said so I guess it wasn't him. 

31 minutes ago, Proteus said:

Nate to me will always feel like an extra Ray. I will never understand why we need him on the show.

I don't know if "need" is the right word (when you get right down to it, do we really "need" any of the Legends?).  Still, within the team of time travelers you can see how it would be useful to have a real historian.  Also, with his powers, Nick can meet challenges the others can't (lifting really heavy stuff, shielding others from attacks with his body).  Meanwhile he and Ray bounce off of each other as "brothers from other mothers."  While there was a kind of friendship developing between Ray and Mick, it never fully worked for me.  At one point you had Ray and Mick robbery a jewelry store together, which just felt odd. 

I like the idea of Mick and Sara bonding together.  It feels natural to me that the two most "morally flexible" members of the Legends would get closer, even if they're not romantically close (though I wouldn't say no as long as Mick gets all those STDs cleared up). 

I hope we can see more of Sara and Mick's friendship, I miss Rogue Canary. I do like that Mick respects her and calls her boss, probably because she'll steal or kill people if she has too. She won't ever get on his case about that. She appreciated that he stole all those things from the Time Bureau. 

• Love 5

I loved it I agree that Rip was a huge jerk. He forgot that he lied to the Legends in order to create the team. If I were Sara I would have reminded Rip that he tried to kill her. I loved how Gideon was ready to go and accepted Sara as Captain. What Nate did was stupid but it's no different than some of the things Ray has done especially eating that dinosaur egg and trying to be a hero in Camelot.

I giggled a lot when Nate said something about how they had experience defeating a legion, and he and Jax forearm bumped. Nate can be pretty infuriating in how often he does dumb stuff (even by Legend standards) but he gets some good lines. 

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, srpturtle80 said:

I think I’m the only person on the planet who doesn’t have a problem with Nate. I’ll see myself out now. ??‍♀️

Naw, you're not alone.  I like him just fine.  Nate's character tends toward the more earnest book- nerdy while Ray's character tends toward to more goofy tech-nerdy.  Nate also good comic timing and does angst well.

I like all the current cast really.  It has nothing to do with longevity or originality with the show, if that were the case I'd have been fine with the Hawks.  I disliked them, they felt miscast and for a pair that were supposed to have this love that spanned centuries, I felt no spark between them.  They were both charisma free.

I am enjoying the current cast chemistry quite a bit and would be sad if any of them leave.  I am not opposed to the addition of a new character because I do think we could go for another female.  My biggest worry is if she would unbalance the chemistry of the current cast.

Edited by DearEvette
  • Love 1

Rip must've really badmouthed his former team for all of the Time Bureau to think the Legends are bumbling idiots. I know they screwed up time but it's not like they did for no reason. The world was being run by villains. I wonder if he mentioned to his new team that he's partly responsible for villains getting the Spear of Destiny that let them change the world to one they wanted. And Sara and Legends were the ones that rescued him (after he killed Sara) and changed the world back to the way it was. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Rip must've really badmouthed his former team for all of the Time Bureau to think the Legends are bumbling idiots. I know they screwed up time but it's not like they did for no reason. The world was being run by villains. I wonder if he mentioned to his new team that he's partly responsible for villains getting the Spear of Destiny that let them change the world to one they wanted. And Sara and Legends were the ones that rescued him (after he killed Sara) and changed the world back to the way it was. 

Rip was the one who recruited the Legends, and it was the Legends whose efforts to stop Vandal Savage actually helped him take over the world. It was also Rip who gave Savage the names and faces of the family he was trying to stop Savage to save. It's true the Legends cause a lot of temporal chaos, and fix a lot of their own damage while simultaneously causing more, but none of them would have been in a position to do that damage in the first place if Rip hadn't taken it upon himself to bring them together. So shouldn't more of the fault lie with Rip than with the Legends? On the other hand, the Time Masters were manipulating everything and everyone, they either allowed or actively caused Rip to recruit the Legends because they needed them in part to help Savage. So we could blame them but they're all dead. I know! Let's blame the Thanagarians, since it's their invasion in the future which led the Time Masters to side with Savage and set everything else in motion. My larger point is there is plenty of blame to go around. Rip creating an organization to replace the Time Masters is fine, but he might want to rethink his attitude considering they completely missed the fact Julius Caesar had been removed from his time line and it took a drunk arsonist to get them on the trail.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, kismet said:

Just remembered that Lily said that she was on sabbatical in Rome. I wonder if it was just a coincidence or if it was a hidden pearl that writers were dropping in the episode for later. I find it a little suspect that in an episode devoted to Caesar we have Lily (the original time travel mistake) spending time in JC's old turf. Plus we have a secret boyfriend and sudden pregnancy. I can't help but wonder if these clues lead to something. Perhaps related to Malice...

Or my mind could just be on overdrive.

I was waiting for the surprise revelation that Lily and Jax had a secret romance going on that her father didn't know about. I did like that in the time they were all separated, he continued his education. 

I'm another one who doesn't mind Nate. I wouldn't miss him if he was gone, but he doesn't bother me. My only issue with him is that because of the bromance with Ray, we see less of Ray and Mick. They were a lot of fun last year. 

• Love 1

I've been so excited to get the show back, but I'm disappointed to say I didn't love this.  I didn't hate it either, but...a bit too much of the whole "Legends are idiots" stuff for my taste, especially when they keep writing them as proving that right.  :( They resolved the cliffhanger far too quickly, and I wasn't all that amused by watching Sara and Ray get kicked around in dead-end jobs, while Nate plays superhero with the Flash team.  You're telling me Star Labs has no place for Ray Palmer?  And Oliver couldn't find a place somewhere for Sara on his team?  Or Diggle a place at ARGUS?  Ugh.  (And no, I wasn't amused by the crack at Felicity either.)  And it exasperates me that Rip is not at all acknowledging his part in all of the Legends' screw ups, although I can see the underlying affection for his old team still there.  

And I can't stand Ava, so naturally I'm sure she's going to end up as Sara's new love interest. 

I did enjoy seeing Sara kick Caesar's ass (well, kick ass period), and being back in the Captain's chair, and Mick was great as always.  And I enjoyed the bonding moment between the two of them at the end.  But it wasn't quite enough of a win for me overall.  I'd give it a solid "meh".

Regarding Stein, yeah, the foreshadowing was pretty strong there.  Something will happen to him and then Jax will blame himself.  But what is this bit about the Legends being his family?  Have we completely forgot about Clarissa, writers? 

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, johntfs said:

I don't know if "need" is the right word (when you get right down to it, do we really "need" any of the Legends?).  Still, within the team of time travelers you can see how it would be useful to have a real historian.  Also, with his powers, Nick can meet challenges the others can't (lifting really heavy stuff, shielding others from attacks with his body).  Meanwhile he and Ray bounce off of each other as "brothers from other mothers."  While there was a kind of friendship developing between Ray and Mick, it never fully worked for me.  At one point you had Ray and Mick robbery a jewelry store together, which just felt odd. 

I like the idea of Mick and Sara bonding together.  It feels natural to me that the two most "morally flexible" members of the Legends would get closer, even if they're not romantically close (though I wouldn't say no as long as Mick gets all those STDs cleared up). 

I feel like the Legends don't need a historian. They have Gideon to provide them with any history knowledge they need. I also don't see his powers of being the strong guy as very useful. I hate the Nate/Ray relationship. The fact TPTB ended Mick/Ray for Nate/Ray will always rub me the wrong way. The same goes for Amaya being paired with Nate instead of Mick. But I know TPTB love Zano, Nate, and his relationships with Ray & Amaya so it's a waste of time hoping for Nate to be written out. I just hope my faves continue to get good screentime so I can continue to ignore whatever is going on with Nate.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Lugal said:

Eh, find me a retail employee who doesn't dream of killing someone.

*Has worked retail since 2005*

This is accurate.

I think I saw the mask for Katana from the Suicide Squad movie on the shelf in one of the Wave Rider scenes.

I giggled pretty hard at Nate's line about them being good at taking down Legions.

• Love 3

I also like Nate. His bromance with Ray is cute, but I wish they used more of his historian skills. They did a good job using it in a few episodes last season before he got powers, but now he's the steel guy and they forgot about his history skills.

If hey kill Stein I would be extremely upset. His relationship with Jax is something I look forward to seeing every week. If he left to be a grandpa, I want him to be alive damn it!

Please no hate-sex relationship with Sarah and new agent. She can do so much better. 

I love this crazy dumb show so much. I’ve learned to watch it without expecting any sense so I can teuly appreciate how much fun it is.

Gideon calling Sara Captain was my favourite bit. It’s really official if Gideon says it. The Sara/Mick relationship was also great, they were definitely my BroTP of the episode.

I also enjoyed asshole Rip. While not quite as hot as EvilRip was last year (Arthur Darvill needs to let his hair grow out just a touch to reach peak hotness-it was perfect when he was Evil) I do like Rip a lot more when he’s openly kind of a jerk.

Could really do with less Nate though. He just comes off as Raylite to me, a cheap copy with less charm and heart than the original. I am glad he and Amaya broke up though, that better be the end of that one. She’s way too awesome to be stuck in a relationship with him.

• Love 5

A fun opening episode but great for setting up some future events, good and bad.

We know that Stein is leaving and this episode seemed to seed that in a little but I still love that he's back on board for the time being and that outside of Waverider, the gang were a bit bored of their ordinary lives.

Rip's Time Bureau are a dull lot but there's some potential with Sharpe, especially in her scenes with Sara, so keeping an open mind there.

The Caesar plot was great, especially his scenes with Mick and Sara but Nate really is a bad historian. Not devastated by him and Amaya breaking up though I hope she's back sooner than later.

Nice cameo from Wally and the Mallus plot has me intrigued too, 8/10

• Love 3

This episode basically just confirms for me what I thought most of last season. Nate comes off as a terrible historian because he was never really meant to be one at all. That is, I think his being a 'time historian' was just their excuse for getting him on the show in the first place, but once he and Oliver had found the Waverider and rescued the Legends they no longer needed his historical knowledge because they had Gideon and were never too concerned with maintaining the timeline in the first place. Besides, they were more interested in turning him metal. The funny thing is, they haven't lampshaded it so I doubt it was intentional but I think they have given themselves a partial excuse for why he is so bad as his supposed job, most of his knowledge is outdated or wrong because the Legends and their allies have altered time (ie Camelot) and made a lot of the facts he used to know obsolete.

• Love 4

And logistically, Palmertech failed because the Arrow writers didn't and have never really known how to write a successful plot around running a business. Once they lost Moira & Walter, there was no interest in writing a business subplot. And they needed to recycle the PT set for another show. The Arrow writers had almost no interest in writing a plotline for Felicity outside of the cave as a successful business woman. It was going to fail from the beginning because nobody was invested in the success of that plotline outside of Felicity fans. 

They have never known how to write business.  I remember in Season 2, an evil character takes over Oliver's company and was deliberately devaluing the stock.  The board of directors seemed to want to pin a medal on her chest in response.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, johntfs said:

They were poachers, rapists and murderers.  Fuck those guys.

Oh I know, it's just that JSA Amaya was against killing. She learned that sometimes killing is necessary. Like those guys attacking her village. 

2 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Oh I know, it's just that JSA Amaya was against killing. She learned that sometimes killing is necessary. Like those guys attacking her village. 

True.  That said, she kind of seemed to be enjoying the whole thing a bit more than you'd have thought.  Killing when necessary is one thing.  Taking pleasure in it is something else.  It could be that Amaya's new attitude is a symptom of the darkness that this Mallus is bringing...

• Love 1
On 10/11/2017 at 9:47 AM, Lugal said:

Eh, find me a retail employee who doesn't dream of killing someone.

11 hours ago, Last Time Lord said:

*Has worked retail since 2005*

This is accurate.

I can attest to this as well.

Actually, I can almost fanwank this as showing great character growth on Sara's part. When LoT first started she was still fighting against with the bloodlust and trying to figure out how to be a normal person again. Now, to see her in a work situation that provokes violent instincts in even the most kind-hearted individual and to see her hold back? Pretty impressive. Clearly being a Legend has been good for her.

6 hours ago, dippydee said:

I also enjoyed asshole Rip. While not quite as hot as EvilRip was last year (Arthur Darvill needs to let his hair grow out just a touch to reach peak hotness-it was perfect when he was Evil) I do like Rip a lot more when he’s openly kind of a jerk.

Rip has never been good with, oh, what do you call them... other human beings. So this isn't undiscovered territory for him. And I have no doubt the Legends will continue to make him eat his words that he doesn't need them. In between screwing history up even worse, that is. ;)

• Love 4
3 hours ago, benteen said:

They have never known how to write business.  I remember in Season 2, an evil character takes over Oliver's company and was deliberately devaluing the stock.  The board of directors seemed to want to pin a medal on her chest in response.

Yep. I only hope that the Arrow writers questionable writing abilities does not rub off on the LoT writers room.

23 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I loved it I agree that Rip was a huge jerk. He forgot that he lied to the Legends in order to create the team

I really don't think he did.  The creation of the Legends came at a time that Rip probably considers to be the lowest, most shameful time in his life.  Rip was a Time Master.  He was dedicated to protecting the timeline from the "time pirates" who would harm and exploit it for their own selfish ends.  In seeking to kill Vandal Savage and protect his wife and son, Rip Hunter became a time pirate.  He acted to do violence to the timeline by removing Vandal Savage from it.  He used lies to recruit a team of amateurs and criminals to help him do his violence to the timeline.  While he did ultimately destroy Vandal savage, he still lost his family and saw to the destruction of the Time Master, which left the timeline unprotected.

While Rip tried to have the Legends act to fill the void left by the time masters, they were clearly never going to be enough.  After he left the Legends he spent his efforts trying to create a group that could protect and heal the timeline without doing harm to it (something that has always been a challenge for the Legends).  If Rip has contempt for the Legends as a team, it more that likely comes out of the contempt he has for the person he was when he first formed them.  Also, not for nothing, but Rip knows why the Time Masters were backing Vandal Savage.  He was their tool to defeat the Thanagarian invasion and keep the Earth from destruction.  With Savage gone and now the Spear of Destiny rendered powerless, Rip knows that the world is running out of ways to defeat/prevent that invasion and that in forming and working with the Legends, he's to blame for that.

• Love 3

That was fun, even if the beginning of the episode was a let down. I really wanted to see how the legends would solve the problem.

Loved seeing what everyone was up to in the 6 months. I thought the scene with Nate, Ray and Sara at the store was great. 

There I said something nice about Nate, was trying to be more positive on him this season, since last season I hated him. But he's just so annoying, I can't with him.

He's still only on a mild dislike though, starting fresh this season, hopefully he stays there all season and doesn't downgrade to total hate on my part.

I  feel the team is too big. I don't need Nate in there at all. Adding Amaya was great to increase the females on the team, but didn't need to do a one - to - one exchange for each Hawk from season 1. 

Mick and Ray need to spend more time together this season please, thanks. Also Ray and Sara, and Ray Jax&Stein. 

I'm thinking that the Time Bureau will be dissolved by the end of the season, and Rip will rejoin the Legends. 

Can't wait for the next episode. Welcome back Legends. 

• Love 3
On 10/10/2017 at 7:23 PM, Proteus said:

Sara mentioned having sex with a male Bureau agent. So she's still bi.

I noticed that too,  Very casually bi.

On 10/10/2017 at 7:35 PM, ybrik said:

1) Not sure what to think about Rip. Really he seems to have completely bad mouthed the team and apparently left out that he is doubly responsible since first he was helping the Legion get the spear parts which caused the initial problem and then he was a part of the Legends plan to fix the problem that caused the even bigger problem that caused the need for the Time Bureau. Also not really liking the new look. 

2) Sara and the female agent were giving each other looks so either they'll be getting in a fight in a few episodes or well doing other things. Possibly both.

1) Not to mention that Rip was the one who formed the Legends in the first place! (I see that @kathyk24 did mention it)

2) Definitely both!

Edited by jhlipton
Update
  • Love 1

After watching it again it certainly isn't my favourite of the LOT episodes but I still enjoyed it. 

I did feel there was a little too much emphasis on "Legends are screw up idiots" yes they can be and the showrunners have said they love that part of it, but it's funnier when it comes from them and not random new Time Bureaucrats we've just met. 

It's not completely out of character for Rip to be a self righteous asshole, and he's not wrong about some things but he was part of the breaking time to save reality as well, he left 2 mins before the dinosaurs appeared and handed his legacy over to them. Now he may have been through a lot in the 5 years since then but dude, you were a part of the last bit of S2. And I do want the fact that he recruited them to change time for himself/for the better against the Time "Pigs" ala Mick "logic". 

Wasn't a big fan of Sara and Ray's jobs but I guess they needed them to have very crappy jobs to get the band back together and to make that joke about Sara realising it was a trap from SS&S training not LOA and awkward at  on screen romance/sex Ray as realising drunk frat boys will be distracted by Gideon offering to have sex with them.

JC was really fun, as was Mick's interaction with him. I did laugh at the assumption from Rip that drunk!Mick had called in a time aberration about a frat boy Julius Caesar.

I didn't have a huge amount of patience with Nate last season but I said he was usually better than other similar characters from different shows. Here he just bugged. He still doesn't give a shit about being an historian, which might actually be fine if they gave him some scenes saying he much prefers being a "Superhero" and is done with studying, but being a regular PhD is fucking time consuming and expensive and he acts like he's a frat boy who barely graduated college and thinks it means "Pretty Huge Dick" in all the ways. BR always infuses Ray with an inate  love of being a geek, even though he loves being a physical badass vigilante superhero. If they want Nate to be "similar but opposite" ie. he's ashamed of what lead him to his 2nd best career choice, they should at least write into it. 

Interesting that Rip convinced Amaya to return to 1942 Zambezi when she was dead set against it. Is there any reason they couldn't have Nate be Mari's grandfather if they wanted to go in that direction? Not that I necessarily want them to.

It was a good but patchy season opener and I do remember last season taking a while to warm up to where it was going, so there's that and I do think they're more confident in their tone this year, though how that will work out is another thing. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

They might've done more if Ray didn't show up. Sara is Lancelot in this new real Camelot that Star girl brought into existence. 

I know she's Lancelot, but I thought Ray was the one who told Sara to kiss her, as they were leaving. "Every good legend ends with a kiss."  I just don't remember any indications that anything more than that happened.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 1

I enjoyed the King Arthur Cameo, but I totally forgot the details of what Sara might have been embarrassed about. I figured it was just the easiest Historical cameo to get, since it required no big guest star and the costume hides a lot.

Why Rip is an asshole now? Me don't like it. I miss the old Rip with his epic coat.

Mick and Sara - LOVE them- alone and together!

It was so obvious that all of a sudden Rip's team will fail so the legends could save the day.

Edited by Hook75
  • Love 2

I have to wonder how Rip's people could have been so successful if they are this gullible. I know it's the Legends show and they have to be the ones to save the day, but there is a difference between Caesar outsmarting or outmaneuvering them and them waltzing into so obvious a trap.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, KirkB said:

I have to wonder how Rip's people could have been so successful if they are this gullible. I know it's the Legends show and they have to be the ones to save the day, but there is a difference between Caesar outsmarting or outmaneuvering them and them waltzing into so obvious a trap.

None of them have worked at retail before, lol.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, KirkB said:

1 hour ago, lurker22 said:

None of them have worked at retail before, lol.

Figure part of it comes from Rip's teaching methodology and emphasis.  "Be the scalpel.  First do no harm.  An ounce of prevention saves a pound of cure.  Nip it in the bud."  Rip wants his people to not be like the Legends.  The problem is that sometimes the "little problem" will grab your scalpel and try to slice your throat with it.  At that point you kind of have to bring the chainsaw.  That's probably the big reason Rip is tolerating, if not quite blessing, the Legends as part of the Time Bureau - because he knows the time is coming when they'll need to be his chainsaw.

Edited by johntfs
  • Love 5
On 10/14/2017 at 2:51 AM, johntfs said:

Figure part of it comes from Rip's teaching methodology and emphasis.  "Be the scalpel.  First do no harm.  An ounce of prevention saves a pound of cure.  Nip it in the bud."  Rip wants his people to not be like the Legends.  The problem is that sometimes the "little problem" will grab your scalpel and try to slice your throat with it.  At that point you kind of have to bring the chainsaw.  That's probably the big reason Rip is tolerating, if not quite blessing, the Legends as part of the Time Bureau - because he knows the time is coming when they'll need to be his chainsaw.

Oh, you're definitely right. Rip doesn't want his Bureau to be like the Legends, who are really good at blundering into victory. But I was more referring to "Oh look, a Roman tent. Caesar and his men are nowhere to be found. And the book we're after, the thing which single-handedly allows Caesar to conquer the entire world and would be his most valuable possession, period, is just sitting out there in the open. Let's go and grab it." Even Mick, falling down drunk, would have seen it was a trap.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, KirkB said:

Oh, you're definitely right. Rip doesn't want his Bureau to be like the Legends, who are really good at blundering into victory. But I was more referring to "Oh look, a Roman tent. Caesar and his men are nowhere to be found. And the book we're after, the thing which single-handedly allows Caesar to conquer the entire world and would be his most valuable possession, period, is just sitting out there in the open. Let's go and grab it." Even Mick, falling down drunk, would have seen it was a trap.

Exactly.  Anyone who knows anything about Gaius Julius Caesar knows that the one thing he was the most famous for was his military strategy and cunning -- the man managed to conquer Britain, Gaul, and parts of what are now known as Germany and Belgium, for crying out loud.  Of course he'd set a trap for the Bureau -- the Bureau was just too cocky and full of itself to see it coming until it was too late.

Our Legends may have a habit of snatching Defeat from the jaws of Victory on occasion, but at least their hearts are in the right place, and they are capable of admitting and owning their screw-ups and doing their damnedest to fix them.  The Bureau's collective hubris will prove to be its eventual undoing.

• Love 4

Rip has no field agents on his new team. I think Sara mentioned that. They are rule followers, which is good for a clean up crew. Not for a field team. They can't think outside their own set of rules. As evidenced when the Legends went to take the Waverider back. That guy just kept talking about what to do instead of doing it allowing the Legends to easily take the ship. Mick knocked one guy out and the rest fled. They are completely unprepared for conflict. 

That is what made Sara a better field commander then Rip, she has tactical training. If the plan fails she can quickly think of new one even when they under fire. It may not be the best plan or the smartest plan, but she'll either band the team together to fight or get them out there to regroup. Did they even have a plan to rescue Agent stick up her ass?  Or were they just going to leave her with Ceasar. 

Rip's group think they are perfect and expect everything to be perfect when in reality nothing is perfect. They may have had a few good years of streamlined efficiency, however we saw their system was flawed when they didn't notice Ceasar in Aruba. I'm sure they missed many others as well. Dinosaurs in LA is very noticeable, other situations are not going to be that easy. 

All they need to do to clean up after the Legends save the day is men in black everyone. That can be the Time Bureau's job. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 4
On 10/11/2017 at 6:26 AM, mrspidey said:

Aaannd Legends picks right up where it left off. Being the most entertaining and fun Berlantiverse show. Loved all of it, except Nate not noticing Caesar stealing his book. 

HOW DO YOU NOT NOTICE A THICK HISTORY BOOK NOT BEING IN YOUR HANDS ANYMORE, NATE???

Sorry, had to vent.

I do appreciate them going to the trouble of explaining Caesar speaking english. That shit drove me nuts on shows like Stargate.  I wish they'd tried to emulate Spartacus' unique speech patterns, though. That show really managed to make english sound ancient and archaic simply by changing up the grammar rules a bit. It also would've been a nice nod, considering half the current recurring cast in the Berlantiverse is former Spartacus alumni. 

I still don't understand how Caeasar was able to still read the history book written in modern English after his memory was wiped, assuming he was ever able to read English, along with speaking it.  It seems as though he should have been forced to deducing future events from the illustrations alone.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse

Very late to the topic.  I decided the best way to watch the show was to binge without commercials.  I've read a lot so I know basically how the season goes. 

Reading about Ava did not make me like her, and seeing her introduction didn't help matters.  I know I'm still a little hung up on the Snart/Sara relationship that didn't happen.  But I'm just not seeing the appeal of Ava.  Hopefully, she grows on me later.

I adore Arthur Darvill.  Rory is my favorite Doctor Who companion, though Donna is a very close second, and I don't know why Arthur can't be on the show full time.  That being said, I'm not sure why he needs to be a jerk right now.  Still love him, but I hope he isn't this much of an ass the rest of the season.

On 5/30/2018 at 3:13 PM, treasaigh said:

Rory is my favorite Doctor Who companion, though Donna is a very close second, and I don't know why Arthur can't be on the show full time.

I believe it's because he has a gazillion things going on and doesn't want to have to spend 9 months in Vancouver.