Type keyword(s) to search

Barefoot Contessa in the Media: Whipping Up Some Publicity

• Start Topic

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 6:44 PM, chessiegal said:

Ina's going to be a guest on an episode of the new " Bobby and Damaris Show" with Bobby Flay and Damaris Phillips. It's filmed at Bobby's home in the Hampton. Premiers Sept. 3rd at 10:30 am - and they will be cooking - yeah!

I finally watched the show today, and it was fun. I must say, Bobby's kitchen, while probably very nice in person, does not make for good tv. Blue cabinets with dark gray tile backsplash - just seems dark.

• Love 1
On 7/19/2017 at 1:24 PM, huahaha said:

Just saw that the quotes are from a podcast Ina did with Katie Couric. Ina's part starts at 3:10. She goes into some personal topics, including explaining her decision not to have kids, starting 22 minutes in.

Thanks for the info about the podcast. I'm a little late, but I finally listened to it last night. I know they were trying to guide the interview but I found them "telling" her about her life annoying. I wish they had just let her talk. I felt like she kept being cut off. The only new thing that I learned was that she and Jeffrey meet up in NYC during the week. 

Jeffrey's brother lives in my area. His parents lived in a senior community nearby. I remembered an article about them from years and found it: http://blog.oregonlive.com/oregonatwar/2012/02/a_soldiers_story_about_his_wif.html  Has Ina ever mentioned the Time-Life cookbooks? 

• Love 2
On 7/19/2017 at 4:24 PM, huahaha said:

Just saw that the quotes are from a podcast Ina did with Katie Couric. Ina's part starts at 3:10. She goes into some personal topics, including explaining her decision not to have kids, starting 22 minutes in.

Having just gone through this conversation with the mom of a neighbor yesterday, I know how Ina feels when asked.  It's rude & annoying. Not everyone wants to have children. Not everyone has the patience or interest in them to be good moms & dads (but unfortunately, too many people go right ahead & have them anyway & aren't the kindest or nicest parents).  Sorry to go off but I guess this experience is fresh in my mind.

• Love 6

I have never once in my life heard a mother asked, "Why did you have kids?"  Yet it is somehow acceptable to ask the child-free why we didn't.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 5

I don't like the term "childless".  Many of us have made the decision not to have children.  If you use the term "child free" some people who have children some how get offended by that.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Congrats to Ina on her James Beard Award for Cooking Like a Pro.

I feel like I'm talking to myself here. Is there anyone else out there? Used to be so many Ina fans.

I just came on to post the same thing.  

23 hours ago, chessiegal said:

Congrats to Ina on her James Beard Award for Cooking Like a Pro.

I feel like I'm talking to myself here. Is there anyone else out there? Used to be so many Ina fans.

Yay for Ina! although I sure do miss the original Barefoot Contessa show with the flower arrangement lessons & table setting tips, etc.   I just happened to catch her show this morning (at 9 AM...sheesh!  no wonder I usually miss it)  She was preparing food for Lidie's housewarming party.  I wish they'd show reruns of the BC, starting from the first episode (like maybe on the Cooking Channel?)

• Love 4

Looks like a BC Marathon tomorrow morning (Friday 5/11).  I looked up Surprise Surprise and that's the episode where she serves pastitsio in the garden, along with that wonderful watermelon/arugula salad that I love.

Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, returns for a third season of Barefoot Contessa: Cook Like a Pro Sunday, October 21st at 12:30PM.

Ina welcomes several special guests, including Jennifer Garner and Nigella Lawson for a Thanksgiving celebration in primetime on Saturday, November 17th at 8pm as well as Emily Blunt, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Rob Marshall, and John DeLuca for a British-style lunch on Sunday, December 9th at 12:30PM.

Gosh - Miss Ina, it seems, is everywhere this week!  I read about her in the Washington Post, and NY Magazine (online).  She's even in Sunday's Parade Magazine (we get it with our Saturday W. Post).  The articles were about her, about Jeffery (of course!), her likes and dislikes, and info' re: her new cookbook.  In one article, the interviewer asked if Food Network tried to pressure her into filming her show at their studio.  Ina said something like she wasn't aware of that (I guess she meant filming in a studio was not of interest to her and she wasn't even considering it!).  So it's promotion time for the new book.  I always enjoy reading stuff about the Barefoot Contessa and miss her weekly show at 5:00 PM.

I wonder if she'll sneak in a recipe or two. And, hopefully, loads of photos, esp of their gardens plus their Paris & Manhatten apts. I still miss plopping down on the couch w/ a glass of wine, dinner bubbling away, to watch her 5:00 shows. That was pure bliss. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, sheetmoss said:

Ina Garten is returning to a new season of Barefoot Contessa: Cook Like a Pro

Garten's Food Network series premieres on Saturday, May 16.

Talk about a spirit lifter! 🙌😷🎉💖🌷🎶

• Love 4
On 5/1/2020 at 3:59 PM, biakbiak said:

Ina is going to be on Colbert tonight.

I watched and she was the same as ever: funny, nice, a good sport (over so many people laughing over that huge cocktail glass). She & Colbert each made a cocktail, clicked glasses via zoom, and enjoyed a sip. Jeffrey made an appearance & shared some of Ina's Cosmopolitan, using straws (those two are so hilarious). Then she sort of lovingly booted him out of the kitchen (only Ina could get away with that!) She talked about things to always have in the pantry (answering  Colbert's question): olive oil, cans of tomatoes, pasta. I can't wait for her new show & her new cookbook (wish it would be available *now*...she's going to have lots of comfort food recipes 😁).

• Love 3

Ina posted on FB today they moved the release date of her new cookbook Modern Comfort Food to October 6. I know it was originally scheduled for October, but I don't remember what day.

1 hour ago, chessiegal said:

Ina posted on FB today they moved the release date of her new cookbook Modern Comfort Food to October 6. I know it was originally scheduled for October, but I don't remember what day.

They need to get the lead out and publish it ASAP!  We need new recipes, new ideas. Is there a sneak peak somewhere of her comfort meals? Wish I could walk up to Ina's back door and get a meal to go 😷😁