Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: What Kind Of Bad?

Drogo
  • Start Topic

I'm so sorry to be nitpicky here, but the name is David Simon, not Simons. Hope you don't mind the correction.

On 10/12/2017 at 7:13 PM, planet17 said:

Simons is clearly setting something up for her,

I watched and was very moved by Show Me a Hero, which has been mentioned on this thread. Did Simon do that one too? I don't remember, but if so, that's probably why I watched it in the first place. It's the reason I'm watching The Deuce. I've been a huge Simon fan since Homicide: Life on the Streets, which is why I watched/stuck with The Wire.

I'm not a big Abby fan either. Her picture taking and snarky responses to the pimp (don't know his name) were incredibly obnoxious, not to mention very dangerous. But I can sort of get her uppity attitude. I can definitely see someone like her thinking she knows it all, when she really doesn't know shit. I was probably 2 or 3 years older than she was in '71, and have a hard time remembering how different everything was then, since so much has changed. I lived/grew up in NY then, but left just a couple of years later to CA, and never looked back. But I can relate to being a young know-it-all, although I didn't have a tenth of Abby's confidence or privilege.

I agree that the twins trope is not necessary. I'm mostly confused by it, although I'm getting better at differentiating, but like others have said, why did it have to be an identical twin. Doesn't add anything to the story that couldn't have been done with another actor playing either a fraternal twin (since twins do have a special bond) or just a younger or older brother. It seems gimmicky and just an excuse for Franco to have this acting experience. I do think he's doing a pretty good job in both roles though.

Can someone tell me approximately where the Rodney/Candy scene occurs in the ep? I'd like to watch it again, now that it's been talked about so much. I don't want to watch the whole ep again, so if you have a time stamp, that would be very helpful. Thanks.

Still catching up -- have to watch eps 6 and 7 this week.

• Love 1