Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

S01.E09: Red Flags

27 minutes ago, MrSmith said:

. . . and then you've got a 42-year-old vampire cougar who acts like she's emotionally stunted and emotionally equivalent to a 24-year-old . . . 

Giving her way too much credit.  LOL.

• Like 4

*I read that Lifetime has some new movies in the pipeline (all based on true stories); if anyone knows of any others on the horizon, do tell!  

Panties in the Wind

The Lush he Met Online

The Perfect Chump

Bimbos For Sale

He's Too Old

She’s Too Dumb

*jk

• Like 5

6 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

The only thing that probably took Chris by surprise was how rigid Sean was. He expected him to be more of an openminded man-of-the-world to be marrying a woman like Abby, but of course Chris was prepared for this ripple.

Chris made the assumption that Sean was just like him and and that they could share the prostitute.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I agree with this. Abby and Chris have a seemingly effortless connection because both have allowed it to happen. There's genuine chemistry between them. They seem to focus on what he can offer her and she him. There are indeed benefits to be gleaned from the age difference.

He gives her money, she gives him sex? I don't really see anything special about their relationship.  He uses her, she uses him.  Then she wants to use Sean.  But for what?  190 pairs of panties?  To make Chris jealous?  Chris doesn't seem to give a shit about Sean and isn't worried about him at all.  But why would he worry about him anyway if he has no interest in anything more than sex from Abby?

• Like 5

7 hours ago, sasha206 said:

He gives her money, she gives him sex? I don't really see anything special about their relationship.  He uses her, she uses him.  Then she wants to use Sean.  But for what?  190 pairs of panties?  To make Chris jealous?  Chris doesn't seem to give a shit about Sean and isn't worried about him at all.  But why would he worry about him anyway if he has no interest in anything more than sex from Abby?

This is where Abby shows her age and immaturity. She tries to make Chris jealous in hopes that she gets a commitment from him. That tactic would have worked on him 45 years ago when he was a young man!  He goes to the DR to fuck. Yeah, he took her to a few nice dinners and to a zoo. Maybe even gave her some cash for school. Those niceties are not a relationship — just efforts to assuage his own guilt that he is participating in human trafficking.  He’s doing it for himself, not for her. Again, Abby’s immaturity makes her blind to what is happening with Chris. 

• Like 11

8 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Special in it's not the average prostitute/john relationship. I agree with the theory that Chris probably coached her in how to get to the states.  

Maybe it helps Chris rationalize his decisions because he's not a John. He's a boyfriend and coach?

• Like 1

On 10/5/2017 at 4:28 PM, AmyBre said:

You go girl!!!   Wear something nice, but not your best (save that for later).   Good luck with that, and if he turns out to be a dick, please come back and tell us.

Please have something to say that is not weather related and not "do you eat here all the time?"   From how you write, it is obvious you are an intelligent person.

I send you positive energy and hope that it goes where you want it to go .... and not an inch more or less.

Update!

Sadly, Mark was not at the bar last night.  But I did actually have an attractive 40 year old sit next to me who noticed my being there last week!  That was just an ego boost to me.  But I did learn that this bar/restaurant has a set of regulars who are there. The bartenders are really fun so it draws them in.  40 year-old Tim, who owns his construction firm, knows Mark and said he was surprised he wasn't there.  I mentioned to the bartender how much I enjoyed the ribbing of Mark on his cologne and she said something like he is a fun and sweet.  I didn't want to say too much to either about my interest in Mark!  I rather slyly made it sound like this is going to be my new hangout because I love how people seem to know everyone there --- like a Cheers type of bar!

So now the problem is going to be Tim getting in the way of Mark as I got the impression Tim might be interested..  Not a bad problem to have though!  

Edited by sasha206
  • Like 7

18 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Update!

Sadly, Mark was not at the bar last night.  But I did actually have an attractive 40 year old sit next to me who noticed my being there last week!  That was just an ego boost to me.  But I did learn that this bar/restaurant has a set of regulars who are there. The bartenders are really fun so it draws them in.  40 year-old Tim, who owns his construction firm, knows Mark and said he was surprised he wasn't there.  I mentioned to the bartender how much I enjoyed the ribbing of Mark on his cologne and she said something like he is a fun and sweet.  I didn't want to say too much to either about my interest in Mark!  I rather slyly made it sound like this is going to be my new hangout because I love how people seem to know everyone there --- like a Cheers type of bar!

So now the problem is going to be Tim getting in the way of Mark as I got the impression Tim might be interested..  Not a bad problem to have though!  

I think we need a new thread just for Sasha because I, for one, am rooting harder for her than I am for any of the 90DF folks ... 

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I think we need a new thread just for Sasha because I, for one, am rooting harder for her than I am for any of the 90DF folks ... 

Hee hee, I love you all.

Wouldn't it be funny if I become the Darcey of the bar?  Well, I haven't dipped into the plastic surgery pool and do have age-appropriate hair (short bob).  But a drunk?  Sure! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

Hee hee, I love you all.

Wouldn't it be funny if I become the Darcey of the bar?  Well, I haven't dipped into the plastic surgery pool and do have age-appropriate hair (short bob).  But a drunk?  Sure! :)

If you see that I looked at your profile, it's not because I am a creepy stalker. Was just hoping you lived near me so I could be your wing-woman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

The Small Talk thread is built for this. ;)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Drogo said:

The Small Talk thread is built for this. ;)

I will take my Darcey-ish adventures in mild flirtation there!  Thanks Drogo!

• Like 3

I say RUN Corine RUN! Paul is mentally unstable and acts like a dramatic fool. He flies half way across the country to tell her he isn't good enough for her and ya know what he ISN'T!!!!! The fact that he made her get all those tests is laughable when he is a pyro maniac and a stalker. She seems too nice to hook up with a guy carrying all that baggage literally LOL!!!!

Sean well what can I say his jealousy is beyond control. He basically called Abby a whore. And if any guy gave me an ultimatum like that I would kick him to the curb. Can you just imagine how controlling he will be if they get married????

The guy that stares at women's asses and that chick I haven't even bothered to catch their names that is a classic waste of time.

Oh and Darcy and whatever his name is what a train wreck! She needs to cut that god awful hair! It makes her look like an old hag. Her desperation is a turn off and his controlling DRY personality is boring. I can't see him going to The States and being a Step Father NOR can I see Darcy never drinking again she is WAY to insecure!

Let's see who else have I missed.....Hmmmm it really doesn't matter this show is for desperate people that can't get anybody in their own country. What a waste!

• Like 2

On 4 October, 2017 at 11:29 AM, Forum member said:

If you had to pick which is prettiest, would you choose the big eye or the little one?

OMG! Too funny.

10 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

If you see that I looked at your profile, it's not because I am a creepy stalker. Was just hoping you lived near me so I could be your wing-woman.

Hee hee!  I think I love you.

20 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Update!

Play us a song! You're the piano man! LOL. Sorry, I could not resist.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2017 at 8:14 AM, CofCinci said:

This is where Abby shows her age and immaturity. She tries to make Chris jealous in hopes that she gets a commitment from him. That tactic would have worked on him 45 years ago when he was a young man!  He goes to the DR to fuck. Yeah, he took her to a few nice dinners and to a zoo. Maybe even gave her some cash for school. Those niceties are not a relationship — just efforts to assuage his own guilt that he is participating in human trafficking.  He’s doing it for himself, not for her. Again, Abby’s immaturity makes her blind to what is happening with Chris. 

Initially I wasn't convinced that Abby was trying to make Chris jealous; I've since changed my mind, and agree with that observation.   Going back to the scene where she meets Chris at the airport:  Abby, in an enthusiastic voice, refers to Sean (when talking to Chris) as "my baby."  In hindsight, I think her motive is pretty obvious.  Unfortunately for Abby, Chris does not show so much as a tad of jealousy or even curiosity, for that matter, other than casually asking Abby whom she is referring to.  When she tells him, "Sean," the topic ends, just like that.

I didnt like how Jenny's family's poverty was kind of exploited for TV. She was showing Larry the spots on the floor where she sleeps and the fact that there is one bed in the house, plus the curtains as room dividers and storage containers for her clothes. Even Karine's family's poverty wasn't really on display to that extent - her family home and village were on camera just as matter of fact. It was more the remoteness of Karine's location that was obvious. 

It's pretty obvious that Jenny is on this show so she can avoid a fate similar to her mother, to be a domestic helper overseas, I am guessing the Middle East. And if anyone knows how horribly mistreated Phillipino domestic helpers are treated over there, they would do anything to avoid that too. I do think that the whole relationship between Larry and Jenny was manufactured and both are doing this for reality TV paychecks, which Im guessing pays way better than any housekeeper or Mcdonald's job. 

• Like 2

On 10/2/2017 at 1:35 PM, Desert Rat said:

These Americans are so embarrassing. I hope they don't play this show in other countries. 

*Waves from Australia*

It's ok though, there's a big difference between Americans and the type of deluded Americans who appear on this show, and it's easily spotted!

• Like 3

I finally watched this mess last night. The one thing I took away is how very, VERY insecure these Americans are. 

Sean is pathetic. Abby and Chris are so much more mature than he is, and it wouldn’t surprise me if she and Chris are going to take Sean to the cleaners at some point. 

Jesse must have lost some loved ones to alcoholism, to be that insistent that Darcey not drink. I know plenty of people who feel the same way, if alcohol has touched their lives in a negative way. I just don’t see these two as a couple.

Cortney.... no wonder she’s had guys lie to her and cheat on her. Her paranoid insecurity is making me take Antonio’s side. She’s as dumb as a bag of hair.

Paul scares the crap out of me, Karine better run, run fast!

• Like 2

On 10/4/2017 at 11:29 AM, Forum member said:

If you had to pick which is prettiest, would you choose the big eye or the little one?

I don't get the joke.  What's the joke?

On 10/5/2017 at 10:09 AM, MrSmith said:

Not really. Age indicates the amount of life experience you've got. This matters when it comes to things the two people have in common. Let's pretend I'm single for a minute. When I worked at HGST (2013/2014) in Rochester, MN, they had a 20 yo woman (still in college) come as an intern. She was on the team I was part of. She was about six years old when the Twin Towers were attacked and destroyed in 2001. She can hardly remember anything about that day, whereas I can remember every detail about that day including what the air smelled like and how the sun felt as it shone on my skin. There are a lot of cultural touchstones that she didn't understand and that I did (and also vice versa). For example, she'd never seen the original Ghostbusters or Monty Python, and she'd never heard most of the music from the 80's and 90's. There were jokes made by several members of the team that required one to have knowledge of these things and she simply could never understand the jokes - even when we took the time to make her aware of the reference material.

And that's all just for starters. There's also the fact that at 20 years old she doesn't really know who she is or what she wants from life - and she won't figure that stuff out for probably another couple of years yet. In fact, she's currently still bouncing from internship opportunity to internship opportunity and taking the intervening time to be young and travel. I don't fault her for that, but all of what I've documented here in conjunction with stuff that I don't know how to articulate succinctly means that there's no way I could ever be a good match with her. (I tend to make A LOT of jokes that reference movies, tv shows, and music, which makes having shared cultural touchstones important for me. Thankfully, my actual wife knows the references and finds my jokes funny.)

All of that is also why I wouldn't be a good match for someone 20 years my senior: they've got experiences to which I simply cannot relate. As far as music goes, it seems like "the best music" is always the music you grew up listening to; most of everything that came before ranges between "it's okay" and "it's great", whereas everything that comes after is "crap".

MRSMITH, your post reminded me of the Steely Dan song, Hey Nineteen.  Older guy dating a 19-year-old.  Hey nineteen, no we got nothing in common, no we can't talk at all.  R.I.P. Walter Becker.

Sean and Chris are equally disgusting and Chris is ugly as fuck.  Someone posted side-by-side pictures of Chris and the Mad Magazine cartoon kid and THEY LOOKED IDENTICAL.  Chris looks like a clown.

• Like 3

On 10/10/2017 at 8:48 AM, Major Bigtime said:

Jesse must have lost some loved ones to alcoholism, to be that insistent that Darcey not drink. I know plenty of people who feel the same way, if alcohol has touched their lives in a negative way. I just don’t see these two as a couple.

I had been guessing that his father might have had alcohol issues, since he is never mentioned or shown. However, shouldnt he have known before dating Darcey that since shes a cougar, she must obviously love her wine right ?!

1 hour ago, Forum member said:

Her eyes are not even close to the same size. She tars on the makeup to try and cover it up.

Thanks Forum member.  I guess I never noticed that because I've been ff'g Corny and Rico Suave and also the "friend zone" Parisian and the trying-too-hard acrobat.

• Like 2

This whole thing with Jesse makes no sense. When she arrives at his apartment for the first time and he'd  pulled out all the stops, he had TWO bottles of sparkling wine in the chiller. TWO for just two people. That is a lot of wine to expect two people to drink if you're afraid of alcoholics.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ziz said:

This whole thing with Jesse makes no sense. When she arrives at his apartment for the first time and he'd  pulled out all the stops, he had TWO bottles of sparkling wine in the chiller. TWO for just two people. That is a lot of wine to expect two people to drink if you're afraid of alcoholics.

I think that it was part of his romance decor along with the balloons and flowers.