Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: I'm Going Away

In the wake of Wes’s tragic death, Annalise returns to her family home to pick up the pieces of her shattered life, and realizes that, in order to rebuild, she must make a tough and shocking decision. Meanwhile, “the Keating 4” all face an uncertain future while Laurel becomes obsessed with finding out what actually happened to Wes the night he died. In a flash-forward, a terrifying crime is committed and everyone is a suspect.

- Cicely Tyson is amazing, just amazing. That scene with just her and Viola hit me hard because it reminded me of my grandfather who I lost to Alzheimers a few years ago. Just gut-wrenching to watch but they both knocked it out of the park.

- I'm surprised Connor didn't leave faster than Laurel considering how long he complained about getting away from Annalise.

- Michaela is right to be worried about her GPA but at the same time, Annalise is trying to do right by them. At least she's using her anger to take advantage of Annalise's offer?

- Laurel is spiralling isn't she? Living in Wes' apartment, using his things...I'm sure her father is behind her missing baby too.

- What is Bonnie doing at the DA's office?

They had me fooled for a little bit but the crazy came through in the end. Welcome back Viola & company!

• Love 17

Good episode..great emotional moments....I wonder what Bonnie is doing with Denver....and wonder if the guy Annalise almost hooked up with will come back to haunt her. I may not be hooked for the season but I'll watch for awhile. All I can say is I barely recognized Connor...

• Love 7

So Laurel knows her father had Wes killed - interesting. Wonder how she figured that out since judging by the message she didn't send, she's as confused as us about the why. And incidentally I'm still not sure even the writers really know the answer to that.

That said, I thought the episode as a whole was decent. A bit slow at the start but it picked up by the half-hour mark. I have to say, I kind of like that for the first time we don't have a shocking murder to solve. Granted that'll likely come in the second half of the season but for right now the mystery seems to be what happened to Laurel's baby and why she looks like she's locked up in some type of mental hospital. Though I'm sure it's probably her dad's doing since he probably figures out she knows he was behind Wes' murder. I also kind of figured Laurel was lying when she told her dad she got rid of the baby. 

I continue to hate Asher and Michaela as a pairing but have accepted that since I'm in the minority on that, they won't be breaking up anytime soon. So I have taken to just muting their couple moments. I'm not sure about Connor's haircut - well that's not true. I hate it. Meanwhile, I cracked up at how after everyone's dramatic exit, after Annalise tells them she's letting them go, Connor just quietly goes, "thanks" and leaves.

Connor was in fact surprisingly very subdued this whole episode. Not sure how to feel about that since another thing I'm in the minority about is that I liked his snark and his constant seething disdain he had for Annalise. Right now he looks like he's been through a bunch of therapy and is in the emotionally numb state. 

Finally, it's odd. I sort of missed Wes in that it was strange at first that he wasn't there but at the same time, the show really didn't feel any different to me with him not there. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 7

Laurel's dad insisting on a picture together felt ... odd.  I feel that he is using her as an alibi for something.  And Jimmy Smits being the one to come to her at the end just sends up all sorts of red flags. 

I was shocked that she told him she had an abortion.  I actually had to rationalize it to myself during the scene.  Well, I said to self, she is a law student, single mother, it isn't the right time, etc. etc.  And I figured this is a Shonda show... woman's body, choice etc. etc....  But than i was so happy she was keeping the baby.  Whew.

I Love Asher and Michaela!!  Of course he feels threatened by mattress store hottie.  Guy kinda looked a little bit like the Haspstall guy.  And this is Asher we're talking about.  He's a little inappropriate.  But it is nice to see them coupled up.  I loved that blue dress on Michaela at the restaurant.

Connor stays bitter! LOL.  Hate the haircut.  On Frank the  severe buzz cut made him look younger and hotter.  On Connor it makes him lose all his boyish charm and makes him look older and humorless.  He just looks like a ... banker or something.

The guy Annalise met on the plane and then in the hotel was Viola's IRL husband.  Knowing that, I felt a little weird watching them try to get it on at the hotel.

Looking forward to the season.  The preview makes it look like they are all, not just Annalise, going to be clawing their ways back to the top.  I hope we get lots of showy "win" moments for them all.

• Love 15

That might be the calmest season premiere of this show ever, but I still enjoyed it.

I loved seeing Annalise at home with her family. Her mom's situation hit home for me. My family has been going through something similar with my grandmother, so those scenes were way too real. Cicely and Viola were incredible.

So, Laurel knows her father killed Wes. Interesting. What revenge is she plotting?

I guess the "where" mystery is where is Laurel's baby. Different for this show, but I would not be surprised if they dropped a few bodies on the way to "3 months later."

Wonder if Desmond will return.

I continue to be bored by Coliver.

Michaela and Asher, OTOH, are still cute. After the way Michaela unloaded on Annalise last season, I was surprised to see how devastated she was that Anna was letting them go.

Frank, using the Mahoney's blood money to fund Annalise's new office is not a good look.

Poor Bonnie. She will be lost without Annalise.

I still miss My Wes.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
Forgot to post a comment
  • Love 10

Quite a calm season opener for this show, until the very end. At least its not yet another murder, its a missing baby! I think thet Jimmy Smitts is somehow involved with Laurels father, and that her dad will steal the baby, in true soap opera fashion. Interesting that Laurel knows that her dad had Wes killed, but is keeping it underwraps for now. Looks like Laurel has been brushing up on her Klingdon proverbs. Revenge is a dish best served cold indeed. 

Annalise with her family is also super compelling, and Cicely and Viola are always on the top of their games together. And considering how great they always are, thats a VERY high top. It was also sweet of her to write super nice recommendation letters to all "her kids" and letting them get on with their lives. That being said, no way are they are Annalise really done. They will inevitably get drawn into more craziness, and everyone will have to come together to deal with it. They have to know that. 

I am not a fan of Connors new haircut, but I suppose I will just have to get used to it. This is the first time in awhile I actually liked Connor and Oliver, they actually acted like normal people and weren't lying or cheating and screwing each other (and not in the fun way) and that reminded me why I used to like them in the first place. 

Still love Asher and Michaela, they shouldn't at all work as well as they do. "This is just going to get us closer to our goal of being Michelle and...white Barak!" You could see Michaela mentally reworking her goals in her head to include Ashers goofy ass, I love it. 

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, kdm07 said:

- Cicely Tyson is amazing, just amazing. That scene with just her and Viola hit me hard because it reminded me of my grandfather who I lost to Alzheimers a few years ago. Just gut-wrenching to watch but they both knocked it out of the park.

Yeah, everything with them was so heartbreaking. And Annalise's dad's words to her at the home, blaming her for triggering her mom's flashbacks. Ooooh. 

I'm really hoping Annalise's warning to her dad to keep an eye on her mom isn't some kind of ominous foreshadowing that something bad will happen, but knowing this show, I'm bracing myself for that possibility regardless.

- I'm surprised Connor didn't leave faster than Laurel considering how long he complained about getting away from Annalise.

Ha! Good point. I liked the varied reactions, and Asher comparing them to the Corleone family was spot on. Yeah. I'll be quite curious to see how they handle this time apart, but let's see just how long this separation of the gang lasts :p. 

Also, add me to the list of people who had to learn to get used to Connor's new haircut. He looked almost unrecognizable. 

And in regards to Connor and Oliver, I think Connor's response to Oliver's proposal was about the wisest thing he could've said.  I still like these two and want them to be happy together, but yeah, they've got a LOT of issues they need to sort through and deal with first before they walk down the aisle. 

I wondered that, too! Guessing she might go work for somebody new? She looked pretty brokenhearted when Annalise gave her that letter at the restaurant, so this is likely Bonnie's way of showing her some spite. 

Still love Asher and Michaela, they shouldn't at all work as well as they do. "This is just going to get us closer to our goal of being Michelle and...white Barak!" You could see Michaela mentally reworking her goals in her head to include Ashers goofy ass, I love it. 

LOL, I liked that line, too :D. And agreed on them as a couple. I also agree with @DearEvette on Michaela's blue dress she was wearing. She looked absolutely gorgeous. 

The guy Annalise met on the plane and then in the hotel was Viola's IRL husband.  Knowing that, I felt a little weird watching them try to get it on at the hotel.

Yes!

As for everything with Laurel, ooooh, I am intrigued by this. The idea that her shady as hell dad is behind all this stuff with the baby makes a whole lot of sense, and Frank getting involved somehow is both not surprising and worrying all at the same time. I'll also be curious to see how Smits' character factors in. 

Very interesting start to the season here. The slower pace of the episode took a bit of getting used to, but I think it ultimately worked in terms of building up to that surprising ending, and was a perfect example of the "quiet before the storm" saying. 

• Love 4

Damn it show. I was all ready to give up on it because there was no Wes, but I want  to know how this missing baby storyline turns out. I still miss Wes, though. I can't wait for Lauren to go crazy on her dad's ass.

• Love 3

If Cicely Tysons character had died. I was going to lose all of my damn marbles. I had a grandmother with Alzheimers. I lost my Mom, so I kind of automatically tear up at mother daughter scene's. However, Viola Davis and Cicely Tyson create some type of magic when they are in scene's together. 

I didn't watch last season until it hit Netflix but I'm here for this season! 

Not feeling Connor's haircut. I almost didn't know who he was. 

Frank is smoking hot. 

Viola Davis is beautiful. Her skin has a glow to it. 

Cicely Tyson is in her 90's! 90's! She was running and everything! She looks really good to be in her 90's. 

• Love 7

Pretty tempered season premiere which isn't a bad thing considering I feel there is too much going on in one episode to keep track. 

Not feeling Connor's haircut. I almost didn't know who he was. 

When Frank shaved his face and hair last year, the internet lost it.  Last night I was like "who is he? Do I know--OH!"  

• Love 4

I saw a preview of this episode when I was watching "Designated Survivor" Wednesday. I actually stopped and rewound three times before I recognized that as Connor. Woof. Frank can work shaven and unshaven, but you sir... Banker, indeed.

I'll add to the chorus. I love, love Cecily Tyson and Viola Davis together. There's really nothing left to say. 

I will add this: I LOVE that they show black women sleeping in headscarves! Because we do! Especially if we wear our hair straight. (Looking at you, Olivia Pope.)

• Love 8
9 hours ago, pinkelephant3 said:

Is she or isn't she preggers?!

9 hours ago, kdm07 said:

- Michaela is right to be worried about her GPA but at the same time, Annalise is trying to do right by them. At least she's using her anger to take advantage of Annalise's offer?

- Laurel is spiralling isn't she? Living in Wes' apartment, using his things...I'm sure her father is behind her missing baby too.

They had me fooled for a little bit but the crazy came through in the end. Welcome back Viola & company!

I am still not 100% convinced Laurel is pregnant.  That scene 3 mths later threw me. She doesn't look like someone who just had an emergency delivery. 3 mths later would put her at 7mths and while premies can survive at that age the combination of her behavior this episode and Frank bringing AK's shrink make me wonder if she really did have the abortion/has the abortion  sometime over that 3 month period/lost the baby overt that 3 mth period.  As @kdm07 pointed out, Laurel is spiraling. She's moved into Wes's old apartment. 

I could watch Viola & Cicely Tyson acting together all day long. Those scenes were the most touching and heartbreaking thing ever. It reminded me of my grandmother who passed from Alzheimer's. Her father on the other hand can still go kick rocks. That apology for not listening to her about her uncle felt like he thought he was doing her a favor by finally saying sorry. He may indeed love Ophelia, but he's trash.

I still over Asher and Micheala together. They are still somehow very believable. I love watching Micheal's confliction over AK letting them go. As much as she hates the mess being under AK out them in, I think a small part of her still admires her.

Connor and Oliver acting talking to each other and acting all grownup about things was surprising.  Waiting for the other shoe to drop on that. 

AK still using her same coping mechanisms with the exception of drinking because she can't do that. She's pushing people away (the K4 &Bonnie), using sex to numb the pain (airplane guy, her real life hubs) and throwing herself into her work (fighting to retain her license). 

I'm wondering if Bonnie going to work in the DA's office is a scheme by her and Frank to take down Denver. They know he's dirty. Not sure what her game is there. Also, how does Nate still have a job there? 

Not sure if AK's new (psychologist?)therapist is working for Laurel's dad or not. I want Jimmy ti turn out to be a good guy but one can never tell on this show.

16 minutes ago, tanyak said:

I will add this: I LOVE that they show black women sleeping in headscarves! Because we do! Especially if we wear our hair straight. (Looking at you, Olivia Pope.)

YES~ I forgot to add this. Nice realistic touch there.

• Love 5

My early prediction is that Annalise figures out the truth about Laurel's father (not sure if she already knew before she even went to her first session with Jimmy Smits. You never really know with her) and that Jimmy Smits is in some kind of cahoots with him. And she's the one who figured out a plan to get the baby away with Frank's help. It's probably how he'll work his way back in with her. It'll be his way of redeeming inadvertently killing her baby and we know how Annalise felt about Wes so you know she'll do everything to try and protect a baby that is a part of him. The question is, is Laurel aware of the plan and just putting on an A+ performance for the guy's benefit or she really is in the dark.

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

I had a feeling right from the get-go that 1) Laurel was lying to her dad about the abortion and 2) the mystery for the half season would have something to do with her and/or the baby. The fact that the baby is gone after only seven months opens a lot of possibilities and most of them are not good. I do believe she is still pregnant; when they showed her rubbing her tummy at the end, it looked like a sizable bump. Moving into Wes's apartment, with all his stuff still there, is definitely a sign that she's spiraling, but I also thought she might have done it so that her dad couldn't find her. She knows, somehow, that he's responsible for Wes's death, and he's overreached before (tapping her phone) so I think she has a very good reason to be afraid of him. I think she told him about the fake abortion to throw him off the scent, a little truth mixed with a little lie while she figures out what to do. She still has that gun. I think it's going to become a Chekhov's gun before the half season is up.

This was a much slower-paced season premiere for this show, but like others I kind of enjoyed it. Annalise was doing the right thing by giving the kiddos a way out, but I understand where Michaela is coming from. In some ways I think this whole situation has been the most devastating for her. It seems like she came to Middleton specifically to learn from and become the next Annalise, and it all went south so quickly. The other students all have their own personal relationships with Annalise, but no one came in completely idolizing her like Michaela. I do like that she's now channeling this anger into turning her life around, and that she's getting Asher to do the same. And yes, she looked stunning in that blue dress.

But even though I was happy for the kids, Annalise giving Bonnie her own letter was weirdly heartbreaking. I think because, unlike the current interns, Bonnie went into things with Annalise with her eyes wide open and planned to stick around through thick and thin. It felt like Annalise ranked Bonnie at the same level as the interns, and there's so much more to their relationship than that. I don't know what Bonnie's got planned with Denver but I'm not surprised if she's feeling spiteful over this.

The scenes with Ophelia were for sure heartbreaking. Anybody who's had a family member with dementia/Alzheimer's knows the very specific pain that comes with it. I'm nervous something really bad is going to happen there, something beyond Ophelia just losing her memory. I'm actually afraid she's going to burn the house down again.

Jimmy Smits! Oh Annalise, I would totally understand the temptation, but please don't fall in love with your psychiatrist again. Please tell me you've learned your lesson from the last time. Please.

11 hours ago, DearEvette said:

Yeah, I get uncomfortable seeing real-life couples get down to business in movies/TV. Does anybody know if he's supposed to be in more than one episode? Because the whole sequence felt kind of pointless beyond "this is Viola Davis's husband" which most casual viewers probably wouldn't know.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

But even though I was happy for the kids, Annalise giving Bonnie her own letter was weirdly heartbreaking. I think because, unlike the current interns, Bonnie went into things with Annalise with her eyes wide open and planned to stick around through thick and thin. It felt like Annalise ranked Bonnie at the same level as the interns, and there's so much more to their relationship than that. I don't know what Bonnie's got planned with Denver but I'm not surprised if she's feeling spiteful over this.

I think AK feels like she should have cut Bonnie loose a long time ago. Frank has been dying to get back into AK's good graces so I'm wondering if Bonnie has a plan in mind to get them both back in with AK.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

This was a much slower-paced season premiere for this show, but like others I kind of enjoyed it. Annalise was doing the right thing by giving the kiddos a way out, but I understand where Michaela is coming from. In some ways I think this whole situation has been the most devastating for her. It seems like she came to Middleton specifically to learn from and become the next Annalise, and it all went south so quickly. The other students all have their own personal relationships with Annalise, but no one came in completely idolizing her like Michaela. I do like that she's now channeling this anger into turning her life around, and that she's getting Asher to do the same. And yes, she looked stunning in that blue dress.

Yup.  I could totally understand Michaela's anger at Analise.  She hero worshiped Analise.   Seeing her hero fall and not even fight to get back up feel like such a betrayal. Of all of them I thought Bonnie, Michaela and Asher's reactions felt the most understandable.  Asher wasn't involved with them for the whole Sam thing so he was spared an entire year of crazy guilt trauma.  But he could have chosen to blame Ana for all the stuff with his dad.  But he doesn't.  At least he is self aware to realize that he bears some blame there.  For him I like that his reaction is a sad version of Michaela's angry reaction. Hers is anger at betrayal.  His is sadness about rejection.

I am not gonna lie, I would have at least eaten dinner.  At least Michaela took the booze, ha!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, helenamonster said:

Yeah, I get uncomfortable seeing real-life couples get down to business in movies/TV. Does anybody know if he's supposed to be in more than one episode? Because the whole sequence felt kind of pointless beyond "this is Viola Davis's husband" which most casual viewers probably wouldn't know.

So far yes, according to Pete. But he can always return.

And I'm torn on this one. On the one hand they really need to put that repetitive thing with Nate to rest for good, and for that Annalise needs a new love interest. On the other, that attempted sex scene was quite uncomfortable to watch.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

I don’t think we’re done with AK & Nate. I also have a feeling that if Anna does her a new love interest this season it will more likely be Smitts 

We're certainly not. It is probably an endgame anyway. Doesn't make it any better. If it is Smiths' character, which is indeed likely, it can't lead to anything good, even if we disregard the possibility of him working against Annalise. Too much of repetition of a story with Sam. But it at least will be interesting to watch, so I'm down for it.

• Love 1

I knew since the moment that Laurel and his father met, that she knew his father killed Wes. The way she looked him when he didn't see her, it was pure hate. Also, I believed that Laurel lost the baby until she said the opposite in the restaurant.

Also, some of you seems too sure that there won't be a major plot-line about murder, when in the next chapter's preview, it's told that in flash-forwards, there will be a "tragic crime". Although maybe it's related to "Where's the baby". We'll found out next week.

I guess the "Laurel's father killed Wes" will explode at same point during the season, most likely in the season finale, but maybe they'll do the same like with Rebecca, and after some episodes they forget about it

• Love 1

I know that this is nitpicking considering how ludicrously this show is plotted, but the time for Hannah to contest Annalise's ownership of the house would be when Sam's estate was probated not after the probate court transfers ownership of the house to Annalise and the house burns down. If they wanted it to be realistic, they could have had the police and fire inspector drag their feet on turning over the reports to the insurance company.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Aquarius97 said:

I knew since the moment that Laurel and his father met, that she knew his father killed Wes. The way she looked him when he didn't see her, it was pure hate. Also, I believed that Laurel lost the baby until she said the opposite in the restaurant.

Also, some of you seems too sure that there won't be a major plot-line about murder, when in the next chapter's preview, it's told that in flash-forwards, there will be a "tragic crime". Although maybe it's related to "Where's the baby". We'll found out next week.

I guess the "Laurel's father killed Wes" will explode at same point during the season, most likely in the season finale, but maybe they'll do the same like with Rebecca, and after some episodes they forget about it

I could see Laurel dad killed Wes, being the mid season finale.  I thin k the overall themes will be Laurel's spiraling and of course, #Wheresthebaby. I think the other theme will be AK's redemption. I'm still not clear if she will set up a private practice again. 

50 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

I know that this is nitpicking considering how ludicrously this show is plotted, but the time for Hannah to contest Annalise's ownership of the house would be when Sam's estate was probated not after the probate court transfers ownership of the house to Annalise and the house burns down. If they wanted it to be realistic, they could have had the police and fire inspector drag their feet on turning over the reports to the insurance company.

I wonder if she's contesting because AK drunk dialed her and told her she could have the house before it burned down.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

The actor who plays Nate has the easiest job in the world. He appears five minutes in every episode, looking worried, and cashes in a check for several thousand dollars. I really don't get why they keep hanging onto him. He has pretty much run out of purpose on the show.

n.gif

Pretty sure this is why.

• Love 24
8 minutes ago, Milaxx said:

I wonder if she's contesting because AK drunk dialed her and told her she could have the house before it burned down.

Doesn't work that way. Hannah could provide the voicemail to the insurance company and they could refuse to pay for the loss of the house, but Annalise would still own the land. Pennsylvania has a slayer statute, which prevents a person from inheriting from a person they murdered. Since they have never proved that Annalise killed Sam, Annalise is entitled to everything she was entitled to according to his will or by law. This would include Sam's life insurance, money in bank accounts, stocks, bonds, the house, and any other property. Hannah doesn't even have standing to bring this action. Annalise should file a motion to dismiss the matter.

The legal understanding and plotting has always been a particular weakness on this show. I've been able to ignore it when I found the acting and the relationships compelling enough. My problem with this particular storyline is that they clearly want throw a monkey wrench into Annalise getting the insurance money. However, their understanding of how this works is so bad that they are missing obvious beats that get them the same result. For example:

1. there is a voicemail of Annalise threatening to burn the house down a few hours before it burned down
  2. Annalise was instrumental in getting Wes admitted to law school
  3. Wes worked for Annalise
  4. Like all of Annalise's interns, Wes had an inappropriately close relationship with her
  5. Annalise has been suspected of killing Sam, killing Wes, and burning down the house and has been arrested for those crimes
  6. Wes confessed to killing Sam

That's enough for the insurance company to stall on paying her without the unbelievably stupidity of Hannah's lawsuit.

• Love 3

I completely agree. I had major problems with her being arrested last season and charged with arson on the spot and yet we never heard anything about a Fire Inspector's report. For a show based on the law they often play fast & lose with how things actually work

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, nosleepforme said:

Best moment of the episode was Laurel knowing about her father's role in Wes' murder. Mostly because I didn't expect she would have figured it out in the premiere already. I thought it would be something that they would drag along for at least half a season, but I do like that they didn't leave her in the unknown.

I really missed Wes. I still think it was a smart decision to kill him, because finally a show is actually willing to have a high profile death when they promote it as such and it's also the death that changes the dynamic in the most interesting way, but I still miss Wes. Alfred Enoch was not just eye candy, but I thought he was also a fairly interesting tortured character.

Of the Keating 5, I find Michaela the most appealing now, but it's strange, because I kind of want her to unravel the same way that Laurel and Wes did and become a total mess. 

Agreed on all of this. 

I'm here for Asher and Michaela that's about it. There's a whole lot of story that I'm sure will go untapped when it comes to Michaela, what a waste. Oh, and I still like Connor, his hair cut doesn't bother me, he's fine, period. Now he's definitely finer/hotter with more hair and that beard but..In addition, if Oliver makes him happy then I'm for it, but if Oliver went away, I wouldn't miss him either. I don't miss Wes, because I never cared all that much about him and his relationship with Anna, nor his relationship with any other character. But I like Alfred Enoch and hope to see him on screen again in something, because he's hot and he's a decent enough actor, I think. Finally, and most importantly, I don't care WHERE Laurel's baby disappears to, I just don't. Well, I might give two shits if Anna was the one that took it...

I think Bonnie is going to work for that DA office to get back at that DA, and not to get back and Anna for dumping her. She would be pissed at the DA for screwing up Anna's life, which turned around and screwed up her life, because Anna cut her loose. 

In other news, what in hell was that all about, Viola's husband....? I guess a check, cause he got one for that cameo. But I usually do not like when actors act with their significant others. With an exception or two like Ossie Davis and Ruby Dee, rest their souls, or Mark Anthony and JLo in that movie El Cantante, that was real good, probably because it was a biopic. Oh yeah, Brad and Angelina in that Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but we all see how that love story turned out, damn.  Angelina is a piece of shit for lying about child abuse she went there and that was a huge mistake. He should sue her. But I digress, boy what a tangent. Overall, when these celebrity couples take their love to the screen, that's usually a no, no. Nobody wants to see it on screen usually. 

Edited by Keepitmoving

Why doesn't Cicely Tyson have an Emmy for this role?

i don't speak more than a smattering of Spanish, but doesn't "te quiero" mean "I want you", not "I love you"?

Esai Morales AND Jimmy Smits.  Be still my heart❤️❤️❤️

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, shksabelle said:

i don't speak more than a smattering of Spanish, but doesn't "te quiero" mean "I want you", not "I love you"?

Assuming it's similar in Spanish and Italian, it's not a literal translation. The literal translation is "I want you", but the way the phrase is used is similar to how in English you might tell someone you love them. In Italian, "ti amo" tends to be used in a more romantic/sexual way - might be similar in Spanish.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Keepitmoving said:

I'm here for Asher and Michaela that's about it. There's a whole lot of story that I'm sure will go untapped when it comes to Michaela, what a waste. Oh, and I still like Connor, his hair cut doesn't bother me, he's fine, period. Now he's definitely finer/hotter with more hair and that beard but..In addition, if Oliver makes him happy then I'm for it, but if Oliver went away, I wouldn't miss him either. I don't miss Wes, because I never cared all that much about him and his relationship with Anna, nor his relationship with any other character. But I like Alfred Enoch and hope to see him on screen again in something, because he's hot and he's a decent enough actor, I think. Finally, and most importantly, I don't care WHERE Laurel's baby disappears to, I just don't. Well, I might give two shits if Anna was the one that took it...

I think Bonnie is going to work for that DA office to get back at that DA, and not to get back and Anna for dumping her. She would be pissed at the DA for screwing up Anna's life, which turned around and screwed up her life, because Anna cut her loose. 

I really don't think Laurel's baby survives. TBH I'm not sure it exist by the flash forward. Either way, I'mm not invested in this pregnancy actually leading to a child, mostly because considering the life these folks lead a kid in the midst of things would be insane. It also just not something I'm interested in unless Karla is leaving the show and "raising her child" is her departure story line.

50 minutes ago, shksabelle said:

Why doesn't Cicely Tyson have an Emmy for this role?

Esai Morales AND Jimmy Smits.  Be still my heart❤️❤️❤️

It literally means "I want you" but it can also be used  to express familial bonds. It's all in the context depending on who you are speaking to.

Literally translated to, “I want you,” te quiero is most appropriate for expressing love to family, close friends, or significant others. Breaking it down even further, “querer” is like saying friends, cousins – hence the less romantic nature of this phrase.

When to use it:

Good or close friends
Significant other (girlfriend/boyfriend)
Extended family

• Love 4
23 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

So Laurel knows her father had Wes killed - interesting. Wonder how she figured that out since judging by the message she didn't send, she's as confused as us about the why. And incidentally I'm still not sure even the writers really know the answer to that.

At the end of last season, Laurel saw Wes's killer; she knew him; he worked for her father; what was he doing there, where she is?  I think she put two and two together.  She's not dumb.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

At the end of last season, Laurel saw Wes's killer; she knew him; he worked for her father; what was he doing there, where she is?  I think she put two and two together.  She's not dumb.

But how did she know that he was Wes' killer?

I am admittedly forgetting a lot from last season...but I thought the remaining K4 didn't know who killed Wes. Do they even know for sure that he was murdered?

I don't think she knows 100%. I think she suspects. Likely because she knows the type of "work" Dominic often does for her dad,  I also think a large art of her suspicion is tied up in her grief over Wes. 

• Love 3

Question: I remember that last season we saw that Laurel's father was monitoring her phone. Does she know that? And is it still happening? And, if so, does that mean they can see everything she does with it, or only actually completed messages? I ask because when she typed "Why did you kill Wes?" and then erased it, I wondered if the clone of her phone would pick that up, thus meaning her father knows she knows, but she doesn't know he knows she knows.

Good question! I don't think he can see her messages until they are sent.  Actually I'm not sure he cloned her phone. I think he wiretapped it so he could track her phone calls. I could be wrong but I think he was listening on her calls so typing then erasing  text message  might still be safe.

• Love 1
Just now, possibilities said:

Question: I remember that last season we saw that Laurel's father was monitoring her phone. Does she know that? And is it still happening? And, if so, does that mean they can see everything she does with it, or only actually completed messages? I ask because when she typed "Why did you kill Wes?" and then erased it, I wondered if the clone of her phone would pick that up, thus meaning her father knows she knows, but she doesn't know he knows she knows.

Technically it is possible. Keylogging software captures every keystroke of the user. Often used in malware for stealing passwords, but some parental control apps claim that they can do it too. Whether it comes up in the show is another question. I believe it was only to let us know that she knows.

• Love 1