Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Absentia

On 5/29/2019 at 6:15 PM, Rushmoras said:

Well, you'd be pissed off then, cause his BDSM activities are not even addressed in S02 (at least up until E08, haven't yet seen the remaining three eps, but who knows). It's like he's a totally different person in the second season 😄

OK, so, having watched the remaining season, I stand somewhat corrected. He did address it himself somewhat, while talking with Alice on the phone (you don't know in what dark place I was before I met you, paraphrasing). However, I get the feeling that this will be the Following No. 2 where all of the seasons revolve around one bad guy, that has been dealt with, but somehow that bad guy still is spinning things in motion. Instead of Joe Caroll we have... um... what's her name (dammit, really can't remember, the chick with the mask, who worked with Lu Fang Shen).

Edited by Rushmoras
  • Like 1

I was looking for a show to help scratch my mystery loving itch and started watching this a couple of days ago. I enjoyed the first season, it wasn't perfect but it was good enough for me to start season 2. What a disconnect! Right off the gate I was super annoyed with Emily's dumb earring. Idk why, the random black hoop bugged me. What I liked about season 1 was that there was a single mystery to latch on to and there was a clear story-line. I thought the cases this season were really weak. I'm not thrilled that they had to connect yet another case to Emily and was bored by the FEMA attack case even though it had potential to be really good.

The end of season 1 was already frustrating as a viewer because of how everyone was turning on Emily (I hated her husband and his wife by the end of the season) but season 2 just doubles down on it. Yea, she might not be the best person but everyone seems to forget that she was apparently tortured for SIX years!? I also did not like her new love interest and was so annoyed when they predictably killed off Tommy. I stopped watching after episode 7 so not sure if everything makes sense with the remaining 3 episodes, but super disappointed about this show's sophomore slump,

• Like 3

I see my hatred for Alice in season 1 was justified. Now I'm wondering about that new FBI head.

Edited by NeenerNeener

On 6/23/2019 at 1:34 PM, NeenerNeener said:
  • I see my hatred for Alice in season 1 was justified. Now I'm wondering about that new FBI head.

Called the killer, didn't see the killer's killer coming.  Wonder what next season will bring with the new FBI head?

Edited by preeya
  • Like 1

I have always meant to get around to watching this but for whatever reason never did.  This is the exact kind of psychological thriller I enjoy.  Yes it is improbable as all hell but I really enjoy the unreliable lead aspects of it.   You were never completely sure if Emily was actually innocent of a bunch of murders and her disappearance became more and more suspicious.  I really enjoyed watching the police and her ex wonder if she was the actual serial killer.

I have just finished season 1 and I really enjoyed the mystery.  Since there is still nothing much on the I am going to start up on season 2 shortly.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Like 1

Ok just blew threw season 2 and I mostly enjoyed it.  There were a couple of slow spots and I am not sure how I feel about the Alice reveal (actually I think it is a major cop out for the show.  One of the things I really liked was the Emily’s return wasn’t all happy happy joy joy.  Her son barely remembers her and her husband has a new wife.   I thought that Emily having to move on was a clever story but now if there is a third season (is there a third season)  with the death of Alice and Tommy  it looks like everything is almost exactly back as she left it)    But otherwise I thought the two mysteries that blended into each other were very well done.

Edited by Chaos Theory

1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

(is there a third season)

I'm not sure there's been an "official" announcement, but Stana said on her twitter there is a third season (I guess she would know, lol).

• Like 1

kariyaki

Absentia's US airing is Amazon Prime, which drops all episodes at once. Spoiler tags are not necessary, so if you haven't watched all the episodes yet, read at your own risk.