Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Kim's Convenience

I loved that both Jung and Shannon were trying to help Kimchee get a date with the courier (despite their conflicting advice). But I also liked that Kimchee was confident in his 30 step plan which included getting to know her.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 1

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I loved that both Jung and Shannon were trying to help Kimchee get a date with the courier (despite their conflicting advice). But I also liked that Kimchee was confident in his 30 step plan which included getting to know her.

Jung used Shannon’s advice, too! The colourful socks, the disappeared watch 😂😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

Jung used Shannon’s advice, too! The colourful socks, the disappeared watch 😂😂

Ha, yes, the bright yellow socks! I was cracking up at how he tried to oh so casually point out that he wasn’t wearing a watch because he’s so chill. 

I did appreciate that after Kimchee pointed out the watch thing (which I totally disagree with, for the record*), Jung came back and asked if Kimchee wanted to talk some more because he has time for him. I like that he’s making an effort to listen and be better in general (not just become more appealing to Shannon).

* wearing a watch can also mean “I won’t show up to meet you 15 minutes late because my phone died and I have no idea what time it is”

• Laugh 1

S3.E11: Appanticitis

Appa gets into trouble when he’s too honest with Umma. Janet takes Gerald to the hospital and meets an old friend. Jung wants to audition for his favourite reality show but double books audition partners.

Original air date: 3/19/19

Now I really want to see Jung on the Amazing Race! As much as I enjoy his friendship with Kimchee, his list of conditions (like needing coffee every few hours) doesn't bode well. Since Shannon is good at puzzles I think she and Jung might do really well as a team!

I have never seen someone with convertible pants zip off only one leg and get sunburned so Appa deserves some kind of recognition for that.

Raj can GTFO. No, dude, things with YOUR FIANCE DIVYA are not over until you actually inform her of this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Raj can GTFO. No, dude, things with YOUR FIANCE DIVYA are not over until you actually inform her of this.

Why did he have to come back? Ugh.

Mrs. Kim's haircut was soooooo bad.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

Mrs. Kim's haircut was soooooo bad.

Ha, how did I forget to mention her terrible haircut? Mr. Kim's attempts to compliment her after he upset her ("You look very feminine") were hilariously bad.

S3.E12: Hit 'n' Fun 

Umma and Appa accidentally damage a close friend's car. Janet discovers that Gerald isn't as loyal a friend as she thought. Jung worries that his birthday message to Shannon might be too personal.

Original air date: 3/26/29

I'm not the biggest Shannon fan so I have to say I'm tired of the will-they-won't-they.  The other female Handy employee (blanking on her name) was hilarious, though.  More of her and less of Terrence, please!

• Like 1

Even if Jung hadn't written a vaguely questionable message on Shannon's original card, I still would have been fine with him ripping it up just so poor Shannon wouldn't have to touch a card that had been stuffed down Gerald's pants repeatedly. Blech!

• Like 2

SEASON FINALE!

S5.E13: Lord of the Ring

Umma loses something valuable and doesn't want Appa to know. Jung threatens to ruin Janet's prospects with a cute yoga instructor. Shannon and Kimchee win a BBQ and can’t decide who gets to keep it.

Original air date: 4/2/19

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

SEASON FINALE!

S5.E13: Lord of the Ring

Original air date: 4/2/19

This is just season 3, right? Not 5?

I'm half way through season 2 on Netflix. The first few were kind of meh, and I almost quit after the 4th ("Ddongjeem") episode, but now I enjoy both the humor and the warm hearted moments because I feel like I know the characters, even if they are kind of 2-dimensional.

I realize it's unrealistic, especially because so much of the stereotyping, but I grew up watching 1960s TV, so . . . 

Edited by shapeshifter

This season flew by.

• Like 1

Binged the whole season this weekend after unsuccessfully trying to space things out. Someone on the writing staff really likes puns. 

My favorite exchange from the first episode:

Janet: Can you call before you come over?

Mrs. Kim: No.

• Like 2

Only early in season 2 so I haven't read a lot of the posts but I am really enjoying this series. Such a great cast and the cold opens always make me laugh.

• Like 2