Type keyword(s) to search

Jewelry: Style, Collections, Raves, Rants & Advice!

• Start Topic

My best friend is getting married and I am planning of gifting her a bracelet. I have visited a diamond jewellery store where they make custom make ornaments. I am thinking of a bracelet as she loves them the most. I have started looking at a few design in pinterest. I am not looking for something this expensive but I liked the design and I am thinking of asking them to make something similar with just one diamond and the rest imitations. How do you like the design? Do you have any other design ideas?

I'm sorry I didn't see this post earlier. For all questions about diamonds, I recommend Pricescope.com. There's a section called Rocky Talky that is excellent for any questions about diamond quality, how much to spend, and where to buy, etc. It's highly educational.

Hi John,

I think you can check out some online boutiques offering quality jewelries. My friend Kate just got married last year and I gifted her suuuuch a gorgeous necklace from the designer label, Ginger and Smart ( http://www.gingerandsmart.com/shop/objects/jewellery.html ) I guess you can check it out or maybe some other stores offering quality jewelries. I so love these ideas from Pinterest too- https://www.pinterest.com/explore/sentimental-wedding-gifts/ !

Cheers!

• Love 1
22 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

The only jewelry I wear, besides a ring I've had since I was 7, are earrings.  I love very unique looking and/or one-of-a-kind earrings.  I have about 50 pairs.  

When I was younger and thought my parents would freak out if I ever got a tattoo, I ended up getting a lot of piercings instead (the tamest version of rebellion), and so earrings have always been the jewelry I have the most of as well. And since some of them are a pain in the ass to change, I usually have to look around for awhile to make sure it's something unique that I LOVE - because one thing about my earrings is that I don't like to have the same ones as everyone else.

Though, as it turns out, my 70-year old mother currently has more tattoos than I do, so I guess I could've slowed my roll on piercings if I'd wanted to.

• Love 3

I tend to lose a lot of earrings. I tend to put them in my bag, put them on at work and then take them off when time to go home.

i also have a nickel allergy - my hands love to turn black.

No luck with watches either as they either have nickel or the batteries die in no time.

15 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I tend to lose a lot of earrings. I tend to put them in my bag, put them on at work and then take them off when time to go home.

i also have a nickel allergy - my hands love to turn black.

No luck with watches either as they either have nickel or the batteries die in no time.

Do you also have bad luck with electronics or have these things happen when you're particularly emotional? Can you ever tell who's calling without checking the caller is or time without looking? 

9 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Do you also have bad luck with electronics or have these things happen when you're particularly emotional? Can you ever tell who's calling without checking the caller is or time without looking? 

Oh yeah. Part of my soul connection and spiritual awakening and growth of my psychic abilities.

Petunia13, the youngest of two. It's in the family history but has skipped 1-2 generations. Most of any relatives who would know much about my family history are long gone and the metaphysical practitioner who has been helping me told me to not tell my relatives as they are superstitious.

• Love 1
On 9/26/2017 at 10:51 PM, Frozendiva said:

Petunia13, the youngest of two. It's in the family history but has skipped 1-2 generations. Most of any relatives who would know much about my family history are long gone and the metaphysical practitioner who has been helping me told me to not tell my relatives as they are superstitious.

You probably surmised I knew that already when I asked. 

I'm not a big jewelry person. I wear it but I don't have strong feelings the way I do with makeup or clothes. I have real diamonds (not studs but a small flower/star design) and pearls from my mom and I wear those when I'm lazy or want to be a little dressier because they go with everything. I have a substantial collection of costume jewelry that ranges in style. 

Alexis Bittar- I have three pairs of earrings. They all have pave embedded stones. On two of them, one of the little stones fell out. But I've also traveled with them or tossed them in a purse, etc. They're probably my most expensive costume jewelry but very unique. I love his designs. I wish I could include pictures here. One is an upside down point (but with more sides... kind of like the Superman logo) with dark stones. They're like a larger stud earring, like a cm. Then I have smallish rose gold hoops but they're a more organic shape than a basic oval. And then I have these long gold teardrops that are absolutely gorgeous but too heavy for me to really wear them.

Lele Sadoughi- These are awesome. They cost too much for what they are but I couldn't help myself. They were around $100 but less because I got them on sale. They're gold and they look like costume jewelry because they're big. They're like dangling mace balls. Very cool. Again, too heavy for me to wear very often.

Chloe & Isabel- I have a lot of pieces from them because they had a sample sale a couple years ago (and never again *cries*). My favorite is a gold spinning necklace with two birds on it. http://smartandsarcasticwithdashesofinsanity.blogspot.com/2014/06/chloe-isabel-sample-sale-haul.html

I got some jewelry from this holiday market over a couple of years. A pair of silver Tree of Life dangling earrings. One of those delicate handcuff bracelets. And gorgeous peacock feather stone earrings that I always get compliments on. 

I've got some Erica Weiner stuff that I don't wear a lot. 

And then the rest is just a hodge podge. Cheap stuff from H&M and Forever 21. Stuff with cameos or a vintage vibe. Things I've picked up all over the place over the years or gotten as gifts. But I tend to stick to my favorites unless I'm going for a very specific look.

I generally go for stuff that is neutral and goes with most things, just sparkly stones and metal. I really like starburst patterns. I like things that are pointy and kind of bad ass. It's not really jewelry but I have heavy-duty kitty cat self defense ring. I don't like anything tight or obtrusive. I don't really wear chokers, statement necklaces, bracelets, bangles, etc. But I do like jewelry you can see. I'm not into the teeny tiny charms and all of that. 

I like semi-precious gemstone jewelry.  Initially because I wanted "real" jewelry and couldn't afford anything precious.  Over time, I have come to prefer it because I think that the colors and textures are so much more interesting than precious stones.  I have now relaxed the rules and also have a few fake/costume pieces.  Everything I own has to really speak to me before I spend any kind of money on it, no matter the price.

I have a lot (by my standards) of dangly earrings, and several necklaces.  Only a couple of gifted bracelets (they usually fall off my small bones, or I'd like more), rings are gifted/inherited (I don't wear them very much).

One pair of earrings is from Alexis Bittar's Elements line, which he doesn't seem to do anymore.  I once contemplated a bracelet from the Lucite line, but didn't pull the trigger.  I have a necklace from Wendy Mink.  I have some earrings that I saved up for from laurie kaiser jewelry that are really special to me.

Edited by Scatterbrained

Hi,

I love wearing rings, I have a very huge and nice collection of rings. I have lots of rings in different styles. Also, I like wholesale flesh tunnels body piercing, I want my eyebrow pierced, but I don't have any idea about piercing.

So, is there anyone who has done piercing, then please give me more information about it?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by joyce22
spelling mistake

Is there anyone here who doesn't wear much beyond, say, stud earrings and a wedding/engagement ring and maybe a simple bracelet or necklace?  I think uniform codes in high school have brainwashed me.  It took me a very long time to even wear a bracelet (it's supposed to be an "energy" bracelet)!!!  

• Love 1

Daily, I wear my wedding/engagement rings and a watch. If I am dressing up, I'll wear earrings. (That is usually once a week for church.) If I wear a blazer, I always wear a brooch. I love brooches. Occasionally I wear a necklace because my son gave it to me, but I'm not big on necklaces. Bracelets bother me because they continually drop onto my hand. It's hard to type with bracelets.

I basically wear the same simple necklace every day. For special occasions or certain outfits, I'll swap in a bigger or costumey one. I don't really wear rings, but if I get married, that will be the only one. I do have a lot of earrings, but they are all cheap. I lose a lot of earrings; they tend to slip out or become loose while I wear them. I'm going to get another lobe piercing for all those single earrings I have. I always wear a watch, and I don't really have any bracelets.

I wear a watch (I have about 2 dozen watches - love them!), 3 rings and an ear cuff. 

In the winter, I'll wear a fun brooch on a sweater, but I don't usually wear them in summer because they pull on a thinner fabric. 

When I dress up, I'll sometimes wear earrings and a bracelet.

Recently, I ordered Happiness Shared Scroll Engraved Wedding Band 7mm Wide 14K Gold for my wife & she is in love with this band. I have ordered this from Engraved Designs that is an online jewelry store.
My wife really impressed with this ring.