Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: 11/9

• Start Topic

24 minutes ago, Gerbil said:

He's been using NLP neurolinquistic programming to control people

Wow - that's so interesting!  I had no clue.  Now I'm off to Google "neurolinquistic proramming" (while already wondering how many times it's been used on me!!  Ha!  We humans can be so predictable)....

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This episode held my interest more constantly than any this season. It was fascinating to see how Kai worms his way into people's heads, using well-worn but still efficient techniques employed by flim-flam artists for centuries now. Evan Peters was very persuasive in that role, more than some of his recent efforts on AHS (especially in Hotel); I do not think him attractive, he even looks morbid and unwholesome on the whole, so I did not see physical seduction as one of his tools, just good old-fashioned psychological manipulation.

I do not know if the writers were knowingly mirroring the techniques of NLP, an approach that has failed to find scientific validation anyway. I see Kai more as using methods like cold reading (and prior research certainly) that have been profitable to alleged mediums and spiritualists as well as miracle peddling preachers, to identify people's areas of sensitivity and vulnerability, and then carefully pressing these buttons. Considering how many humans have are willing to easily believe in a power or overall explanation grander than their simple selves, even when expressed in some of the platitudes he was using, it is very believable that he would have no problem recruiting many followers. Although he must fail once in a while (unless he chooses his marks very carefully); I would have liked to see that happen and his reaction.

I am not sure if Ivy is in on the conspiracy; there is still room for a plot twist where Morticia may have been manipulating her into thinking that this all for the good of Ally and Oz, until the bathtub reveal anyway.

At least we now know that not all of the clowns are imaginary since some of them were recorded on camera.

Edited by Florinaldo
On 9/29/2017 at 9:55 PM, Stringey said:

I thought that split second shot in the grocery store of the meat behind the glass counter  was awesome because I don't know it just adds to the  frenzy of the situation. I guess I will have to watch again and pause fast to get a better look at what it is I am seeing.  The fact that the image is just for a second makes it creepier.

Where are you from? That question is not meant to sound sarcastic I am genuinely curious where it's common to see these.

I'm in Austin, TX ,  lots of hispanics here.  They use it for Menudo, tamales, etc.  

Sorry I just saw this.  

2 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

I'm in Austin, TX ,  lots of hispanics here.  They use it for Menudo, tamales, etc.  

Sorry I just saw this.  

I would try this with piggy snout in it. I  love tamales but the frozen ones are kind of dried out. Fresh ones are really good especially the pork ones.