Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: 11/9

• Start Topic

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that was intense.  In all the right ways.  Yes this might just turn into my favorite season yet.   

I loved seeing Kai's cult getting formed.  Watching him "seduce" each of the members and how easy it was to get them over to his side.   The most surprising thing about the episode though was that Winter knew Ivy.  Not sure though how deep it went but Ivy HAD to recognize winter when she came job hunting.  I mean you don't kidnap someone and forget your partner.  

Still...damn show.   You took it up a level and I love it.  

This was a good one. Kia you bastard I love you. Evan was great and he carried the episode well.  I loved watching him manipulate everyone.  He had the right mix of charm but was creepy and also seductive.

On a shallow note NICE gym and shower stuff from Evan.

The Beverly Hope YouTube video was a riot.

Meadow and Harrison continue to be a blast to watch.

Was glad we didn't have much Ally.

Ivy and Winter already had the connection that answers some questions. I like Winter but not Ivy.

Glad Emma didn't last past this one episode.

7 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

This was a good one. Kia you bastard I love you. Evan was great and he carried the episode well.  I loved watching him manipulate everyone.  He had the right mix of charm but was creepy and also seductive.

On a shallow note NICE gym and shower stuff from Evan.

The Beverly Hope YouTube video was a riot.

Meadow and Harrison continue to be a blast to watch.

Was glad we didn't have much Ally.

Ivy and Winter already had the connection that answers some questions. I like Winter but not Ivy.

Glad Emma didn't last past this one episode.

Boom! Yep. Everything you said above. So glad I was right on the nose that Ivy IS IN ON IT??!!!

One of the better episodes this season. 

Lost count of the instances of the F word:  4 maybe?

I cracked up when Kai winced when Harrison touched his shoulder while talking.  He loves to brainwash and use these lost, weak people....but actually has such disdain for them.  Like any good cult leader.

When Meadow offered sex for the joint.... and the guys said "Just take it.".....Bwahh!!

Samantha Bee and Rachel Maddow got a shout out...haha.

The word 'humiliated' was used in the premiere, then again, last week, and twice this episode. Does humiliation lead to pain and anger...Kai's favorite targets.

When they killed that gym owner...I was like...what about the security cameras....then what do you know?  Kai is right on it....hacking the computer / camera system.

So now we know how Ivy and Winter met and what ties them together. I guess Ivy, Kai, etc are having a very long, drawn out 'revenge' on Ally. I wonder why Ally's payback is so drawn out...while the other characters' fates are quick.

Chaz is a pretty good actor. I really believed his 'tude and the sawing pain he felt. Yikes.

Pretty creepy when those clowns were walking in the reporter's shot. Thank God they did not hurt that little pup.

Anyway, so we are seeing how each cult member is entering the fold. Looking forward to next week to continue to watch this unfold.

Btw, Evan Peters is hot because of the contacts...which make his eyes dark like Johnny Depp's. At times, Evan looks like a young Johnny.

What did the reporter mean by "equal power"?

Poor Meadow.  She's on a quest to get laid and no one will take her up on it, even the skeezy local junkies.

The flashback to election night was really good, I didn't expect for Winter and Ivy to kidnap someone so that he can't vote.  The crazy guy was actually in distress when he found out the polls would close in an hour!

When the reporter lady came to Kai's house, it looked like he didn't know what she was talking about when she brought up the clowns.  If Meadow was designing masks, who are the people terrorizing the randoms?

I felt like last episode Kai was trying to cultivate Ally. I'm still not sure that's not true. It seems obvious at this point that whoever called Ivy being involved with Winter was right. They're either trying to gaslight her or recruit her. 

I really liked this episode. I think it's one of the best of all of the seasons. 

19 hours ago, mansfolly said:

When Meadow offered sex for the joint.... and the guys said "Just take it.".....Bwahh!!

That was such a third degree burn, I'd have thought Meadow would need something stronger to dull the insult. The creepy skeevy bum guys didn't want you and were creeped out by YOU! Yeesh.

Seeing Ally pre-election trauma she was so even keel. Not cowering at all. Night and day! But now that we know Ivy is in on it, definitely have more sympathy for Ally as she has no clue about the woman she's married to. But it's interesting, Ivy lost and felt the need to regain control after her sexual violation but went over the edge in kidnapping and assault- exactly what she claims Ally is guilty of except she's setting her up. No doubt her revenge for the Jill Stein vote.

Meadow voting for Oprah? God bless her, LOL. She voted with her heart. 

Kai's promise of equal power will probably lead to his downfall.

Very smart to show us this pivotal episode of connecting some of the dots. Last year with Roanoke they were losing viewers early by keeping them in the dark so it seems they bump up the expo/background dump earlier.

Newly impressed cult member Beverly Hope being unable to stop smiling while reporting on a gruesome discovery of a dismembered head was hilarious. She literally could not contain her glee at the carnage.

Kai is playing all sides. He really is the Joker- just wants to create chaos and watch the world burn.

Edited by TobinAlbers
15 minutes ago, peridot said:

If Meadow was designing masks, who are the people terrorizing the randoms?

Almost everyone in this season wears a mask.

Since Beverly's last name is Hope, I'm wondering if it means anything.

Edited by Surrealist

Ivy and Winter already had the connection that answers some questions.

When we see they had met each other before and then kidnapped Trump lover Chaz,I said to myself, alright! now it's getting gooood! Like a lot of others, did not trust Ivy but didn't suspect her and Winter had known each other. I am so ready to see more of their underhanded-ness

Thank God they did not hurt that little pup.

Yes! and it was so cute! And mean Emma didn't even want any part of that cute little guy. I bet in real life she loves dogs too...so I wonder if acting being mean to one is hard, I know I wouldn't like it if I had to act like I had to hate dogs for a scene.  Glad Emma was only in this ep! And she gets knifed again,but this was worse than Coven.  Did she die in Freak Show too? Can't recall.

Kia is on Adderall I wonder if the Dr. is the one who wrote the prescription?

Meadow may still be alive she seems like a valuable member of the Kai's family.

I guess we have to decide if the stories Kai told Bev about him being in the war were true? Probably not.

55 minutes ago, mansfolly said:

So now we know how Ivy and Winter met and what ties them together. I guess Ivy, Kai, etc are having a very long, drawn out 'revenge' on Ally. I wonder why Ally's payback is so drawn out...while the other characters' fates are quick.

ZTioGod.jpg

1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

Well that was intense.  In all the right ways.  Yes this might just turn into my favorite season yet.   

I loved seeing Kai's cult getting formed.  Watching him "seduce" each of the members and how easy it was to get them over to his side.   The most surprising thing about the episode though was that Winter knew Ivy.  Not sure though how deep it went but Ivy HAD to recognize winter when she came job hunting.  I mean you don't kidnap someone and forget your partner.  

THIS!!! A million times!!!

So.... Ivy is Evil! Who saw that twist coming! 

(I'm being facetious, guys. I'm pretty sure 99 out of 100 of us saw that one coming.)

Anyway, I'm definitely in for the season at this point. I'm really enjoying how they used the election as a jumping off point to explore how meglomaniacs, armed with killer instincts and a comforting interpretation of the world, can garner power in an unstable environment by appealing to the insecure, disenfranchised, and misguided. Whenever Evan Peters's character is being focused on the show excels. Most interesting at all is how at times Kai seems less truly intelligent (his lack of grasp on any sort of real world facts has been highlighted time and again), than charismatic, cunning, and so willing to stand by his view of the world as to convince other, less confident people, of its truth. So glad there's no real life parallels here! (Ahem.)

The "everybody rejects Meadow" thing was amusing, but I couldn't help thinking, again and again, that the actress who plays her is so attractive (albeit poorly made up) that it seems unrealistic that numerous men would be rejecting the opportunity for no strings attached one time sex with her. 

A thought: should we all just throw in the towel already and officially start calling Kai "Kia"? Autocorrect (darn you!) seriously seems determined to foil us all on this one already, so....

Best episode of the season. A little of Ally really does go a long way as the few scenes she did appear in actually put her at her best, like her challenging of Hillary Clinton. No wonder she voted Stein. More of this Ally please.

I knew there was going to be something up with Ivy but I wasn't expecting that her and Winter knew each other before the latter was hired as the babysitter. Nice twist though.

Kai's working on Harrison, Meadow, Beverly and Gary was compelling to watch and I liked how he was able to tap into each of their pressure points to get them into his little cult.

One day the show should try to cast Emma Roberts as a nicer character but she was okay as Serina Belinda. Wasn't too shocked she got killed but was relieved the poor puppy didn't though. 

Although Rudy did very little in this episode, there are still question marks regarding that guy, 9/10

Kudos to everyone who thought Ivy was in on whatever's going on with Ally...I remained unsure before last nite.

Like everyone, I was way more concerned for the puppy than Emma. The framing of the scene as the terrifying clowns strode up next to Emma was super creepy.

Evan owned this episode. Love getting a little more of his story, and watching him manipulate everyone in such cunning ways. His ability to see people's flaws or fears and exploit them...of course, he has to find find truly damaged people TO exploit, but that's the way of cult leaders.

Poor Meadow. Even local junkie randos don't want to fuck her.

So...they didn't air the murderous clowns killing Emma and the cameraman, but surely the actual story made the news...that masked clowns killed them? So wouldn't Ally know about that, and the cops? Or is EVERYONE in on gaslighting her?

8 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

Kia is on Adderall I wonder if the Dr. is the one who wrote the prescription?

Meadow may still be alive she seems like a valuable member of the Kai's family.

I guess we have to decide if the stories Kai told Bev about him being in the war were true? Probably not.

A screenshot I took of the RX bottle last night. Can't find a name of the prescribing Dr. (Damn it).

IMG_0569.JPG

Edited by GoneGirl

I never really thought much one way or the other about Evan Peters in various past AHS seasons; it seemed to me like his parts were pretty understated, leaving me no real way to judge (though I didn't watch Asylum, so I have no idea how prominent he was in it). Then, Hotel happened, and oh man! Not only his awesome portrayal of Mr. March--gross and terrible, yet charming and so funny!--but his obvious enthusiasm in and for the role just sucked me right in. I love him now, so much that he's totally making up for my disappointment at the lack of Kathy Bates! (I might even have a little crush on him too, regardless of the fact that he's not my usual type in "celebrity boyfriends.")

Edited by TattleTeeny

Are they out to "get" Ally or is it as simple and weird as the cult wants to have Ally join and *be cured* of her issues? I begin to think that the plot might be complex. Or, you know, by episode ten we're dealing with ghosts trapped in the house....

I think, if Winter and Ivy really are part of the clown cult and aren't running a totally separate one, that Ally is being tortured because Ivy wants to draw it out. Not sure if it is to get her to join, or if it is years of simmering resentment that Ivy has, and she's using the cult as a way to work out those issues. It could also be that having someone to toy with, not just kill and run, gives the cult members an ongoing activity. We also don't know for sure if anyone else in the town is being similarly menaced.

Now I am really unsure how Dr Rudy fits in. He might just be a really lousy psychiatrist. 

I actually thought Ivy had nothing to do with the events currently happening, so you got me, show.  That makes everything that's going on now--including her "clownz" password--all the more shady.  And now the possibility Ally is being specifically targeted because she voted for Jill Stein is much more likely.

Emma Roberts' cameo = A+.  Gruesome, gruesome death, but the less ER is the best ER.

Greatest episode of the whole series (sure, I haven't seen every one, but out of those that I have). Intense and surprising, yeah I didn't see the twist with Ivy and Winter coming.

I'm loving this season, with it being more of a psychological horror/thriller and not the typical AHS shit.

So now I'm wondering, are the clowns part of Kai's cult? Or are they separate and Kai hasn't even started yet his plans? Where does Ivy and Winter fit in?

As someone who waits every year for AHS and thinks it is one of the most fun shows on tv I am thinking this season is among the best and this episode is the best so far.   I enjoyed all of Kai's scenes where he was convincing people to join him.  I was genuinely surprised at the Winter/Ivy kidnapping plot and how Kai stole it out from under them.   I wonder how Ryan Murphy explained the roll to Chaz Bono.  "You play a Trump supporter who cuts off his own hand to vote after getting kidnapped by a couple of feminists."

Edited by Chaos Theory
49 minutes ago, RedMal said:

Greatest episode of the whole series (sure, I haven't seen every one, but out of those that I have). Intense and surprising, yeah I didn't see the twist with Ivy and Winter coming.

I'm loving this season, with it being more of a psychological horror/thriller and not the typical AHS shit.

So now I'm wondering, are the clowns part of Kai's cult? Or are they separate and Kai hasn't even started yet his plans? Where does Ivy and Winter fit in?

I assume the clowns are his doing; Meadow was drawing clown outfits and Kai complimented them.

11 hours ago, mansfolly said:

Lost count of the instances of the F word:  4 maybe?

But RM seemed absolutely obsessed with a certain P word.

11 hours ago, peridot said:

The flashback to election night was really good, I didn't expect for Winter and Ivy to kidnap someone so that he can't vote.  The crazy guy was actually in distress when he found out the polls would close in an hour!

The way he was portrayed, I didn't buy that he wouldn't have already voted first thing in the morning, if not beforehand.

12 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

Ivy brought  in winter on purpose !!!  When they decided they needed a nanny ivy secretly met up with her and at some point the subject of needing a nanny came up. And at some point it was decided winter should take that position after winter discussed her knew friend ivy to Kai. Obviously ivy knows there is something special going and needs to keep the connection a secret  because she has not revealed her friendship with winter and pretends they all just met when winter came in for the job.  Not sure yet how much ivy all knows about the cult but damn  I was surprised when she helped kidnap the man. Obviously there is more to ivy than what we thought she has a darkness about her. I wonder what the whole plan is with ally if ivy is aware of the cult and becoming seduced she would want to indoctrinate ally. Driving her almost crazy must be part of the plan for getting her to join. Kai is already trying to get into her head. Anyway this all is what I believe is going on. This episode was my favorite so far!!!!!!  And how about that creepy music that played in the moments Kai was talking intensely to people and you could tell he was getting into their heads!!!!

25 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

But RM seemed absolutely obsessed with a certain P word.

The way he was portrayed, I didn't buy that he wouldn't have already voted first thing in the morning, if not beforehand.

They kidnapped him the night before, when he was closing up the store.  

2 hours ago, questionfear said:

I think, if Winter and Ivy really are part of the clown cult and aren't running a totally separate one, that Ally is being tortured because Ivy wants to draw it out. Not sure if it is to get her to join, or if it is years of simmering resentment that Ivy has, and she's using the cult as a way to work out those issues. It could also be that having someone to toy with, not just kill and run, gives the cult members an ongoing activity. We also don't know for sure if anyone else in the town is being similarly menaced.

Now I am really unsure how Dr Rudy fits in. He might just be a really lousy psychiatrist. 

If he isn't involved, as the leader or a member, I wonder if Kai has someone in the doctor's office, like the receptionist, in his pocket. It could be a way for someone else to take the fall for him. 

I've thought that Ivy and Winter knew each other all along. I just thought they'd known each other longer than that. 

really glad they didn't kill the puppy.  They have the dead dog in the opening sequence, so I was afraid they were going with that. A Facebook friend spoiled that part for me, posting, "THEY KILLED EMMA ROBERTS!!" last night. I'm glad I wasn't spoiled for the rest, because this was the best episode so far. 

I think the reporter meant equal power = they run things together. Her career will grow because of her coverage of the murders, that she's helping to set up. She was right there with the protesters, to vilify Ally, as well. 

I think Meadow is too pretty to be turned down by numerous men. I really liked her this episode. I liked seeing them as they really are, rather than putting on a personality. Now we know why they moved so quickly into the house of murder victims, too, I guess. Kai probably arranged the murder, I just wonder where the money came from to buy it. 

Edited by Anela

Meadow basically crystallized my philosophy on love: "I  don't need a big house, just you and a decent cable package." Line of the EON!!!

No doubt in my mind now that the protesters that were outside Ivy and Ally's restaurant a few episodes back were acolytes of Kai who he basically disbanded with a tap on the shoulder to one person. Note Bev was also there to cover the story. Lesbian George Zimmerman indeed. All this gaslighting is to what end?

I think the line to pay attention to is between Bev and Kai: Equal Power.  No such thing! Not only due to race and sex issues but because Kai is totally power hungry.  

This episode challenged my assumptions. I assumed the neighbors were both Trump supporters, in fact, I assumed most, if not all, Kai followers were Trump voters. I am sure there is a significant portion that are but he has attracted quite a few Hillary voters or just people who are apathetic (Meadow). Interesting. 

No truer moment than Emma Roberts character saying she was voting for HRC outside the polling place and going into the voting booth and ticking Trump's box. 

Are Winter and Kai brother and sister because I have been assuming they are. So much so that every time they share a scene I get Lannister vibes (i.e. incest) because they I sense sexual chemistry. 

OK, I haven't really been feeling this season so far but this episode did a good job of tying everything together. I still think it took a little too long to get there, because three episodes is a lot to sit through without knowing what the hell is going on. But at least I'm more into it now than I was before. Still don't think it's the best season ever. I really think Ryan Murphy blew his whole wad on Asylum but this is definitely a step up over any of the seasons since then, especially Roanoke. 

I'm still not clear on what's going on between Kai and Winter. Winter's motivations were pretty clear when she defended Ivy and the rally and together they went on a kidnapping spree. How we got from there to Winter telling Kai what she'd done so he could go and let Chaz saw his arm off, I don't get. Kai and Winter seem to be working at cross-purposes and together at the same time, and that doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm OK with being in the dark about Ivy right now because I have a better handle on that but the interaction between Kai and Ivy is still a blur.

Also - do they really still have paper ballots in Wisconsin? I thought every state used voting machines now.

Edited by iMonrey

Also - do they really still have paper ballots in Wisconsin? I thought every state used voting machines now.

Haha, I yelled, "what the hell is that voting?!" with the contempt/confusion of a kid contemplating an audiocassette! My BF looked at me with a mixture of surprise (I usually know more than he does about political stuff) and pity, the latter probably due in part to that oddly constructed (and loud) sentence.

Edited by TattleTeeny
39 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

OK, I haven't really been feeling this season so far but this episode did a good job of tying everything together. I still think it took a little too long to get there, because three episodes is a lot to sit through without knowing what the hell is going on. But at least I'm more into it now than I was before. Still don't think it's the best season ever. I really think Ryan Murphy blew his whole wad on Asylum but this is definitely a step up over any of the seasons since then, especially Roanoke. 

I'm still not clear on what's going on between Kai and Winter. Winter's motivations were pretty clear when she defended Ivy and the rally and together they went on a kidnapping spree. How we got from there to Winter telling Kai what she'd done so he could go and let Chaz saw his arm off, I don't get. Kai and Winter seem to be working at cross-purposes and together at the same time, and that doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm OK with being in the dark about Ivy right now because I have a better handle on that but the interaction between Kai and Ivy is still a blur.

We have paper ballots in my area, in Ohio. Fill in the circles, rip the bottom off when you leave the booth, and feed it into a machine. 

1 hour ago, iMonrey said:

They are in Michigan.  And a lot of states still have paper ballots, including Michigan.

1 hour ago, DakotaLavender said:

My eyes are terrible and I was unable to see how each and every character voted. Can somebody just post a list please of how the characters' votes went down? Thanks. 

Ivy voted for HRC and I think so did Winter, the male neighbor, and Beverly. Kai, Chaz, and Emma Robert's character voted for Trump. Ally voted for Stein and Meadow voted for Oprah.

Actually, @ClareWalks is right, the neighbor voted for Johnson. The psychiatrist voted for HRC. The Vanity Fair recap said that we never saw Kai's ballot but I thought we did?

Edited by Luciano
15 hours ago, mansfolly said:

[SNIP]

Chaz is a pretty good actor. I really believed his 'tude and the sawing pain he felt. Yikes.

I would be very leery if Meadow made me that offer as well. If that is all she wants, I would wonder where she has been and who has she been with.

I might be nice to rewatch Chaz's performance with Ally in the first episode to see if Chaz's character gives any indication that a hand is missing.

1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

I think the line to pay attention to is between Bev and Kai: Equal Power.  No such thing! Not only due to race and sex issues but because Kai is totally power hungry.  

[SNIP]

Are Winter and Kai brother and sister because I have been assuming they are. So much so that every time they share a scene I get Lannister vibes (i.e. incest) because they I sense sexual chemistry. 

Bev and Kai have Equal Power because Kai said that the only way his plan was going to work was if he had a messenger that could reach the masses. Kai creates the fearful situations and Beverly makes sure that everybody knows about them, manipulating the narrative, while creating the right kind of fear.

If Winter and Kai are brother and sister (or just living together), that would explain the opening scene where he just walks into her room. I originally thought the were college students in the same dorm, but that doesn't seem likely.

15 hours ago, GoneGirl said:

Boom! Yep. Everything you said above. So glad I was right on the nose that Ivy IS IN ON IT??!!!

I am not convinced that Ivy is part of the cult yet. Winter could be doing all this because she is jealous of Ally and wants to take her place in Ivy's life (Winter practically told Ivy this). Who knows how much information Ivy told Winter about Ally, thinking she was confiding in a like soul.
1 minute ago, Luciano said:

Ivy voted for HRC and I think so did Winter, the male neighbor, and Evelyn. Kai, Chaz, and Emma Robert's character voted for Trump. Ally voted for Stein and Meadow voted for Oprah.

Who is Evelyn?

I kept asking myself why is he this way? What happened to him to make him the way he is?

Adderall? For all we know he's been using since grade school. Just a thought.

Side effects include: signs of blood flow problems in the fingers or toes (such as coldness, numbness, pain, or skin color changes), unusual wounds on the fingers or toes, mental/mood/behavior changes (such as agitation, aggression, mood swings, depression, abnormal thoughts, thoughts of suicide), uncontrolled movements, continuous chewing movements/teeth grinding, outbursts of words/sounds, change in sexual ability/desire, frequent/prolonged erections (in males).

That last one's for Harrison   ; )

Plus, he's an angry young man. There seem to be a lot of those all around the world these days.