Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
frenchtoast

S12.E08: Picture Perfect

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Alexandria looked personally offended when Kelli was asking/laughing about her lashes. I think I would have been too. Thought it was tacky of Kelli.

Agreeded. I mean Kelli, you are the one who made her over in the first place. Stuff like that has to be eye rolly for the more experienced girls from out of state.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

4 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Unfortunately in that moment many people (Kitty, Melissa, vets (*more on Lacey/Robin later because I know this point is debatable), the unnamed TCC’s, and the majority of this forum) found her unfriendly and unapproachable. So even if she’s just more ‘focused’ and ‘intense’ than others, but really isn’t an arrogant person, it doesn’t matter right now. It’s that whole ‘perception is reality’ argument. I would hope Gina watched that episode and said ‘omg can’t believe I came off like that bc I’m not that type of person’ & is working on it. My guess is she’s deemed it unworthy of her attention the same way she deemed K&J’s feedback as unworthy - both on her personality and dance.

 

Some one earlier mentioned Ashley Pro. Excellent comparison to draw. When Ashley is told people don’t like her, the girl immediately starts crying and is like ‘I don’t know why people perceive me that way because I’m a nice person.’ ie K&J determine she’s a nice girl who doesn’t always understand how she comes off in high pressure situations (I personally totally relate). But she seemed to take their critique very seriously, be genuinely hurt/concerned that’s how she was perceived, & even offer some potential explanations besides ‘I’m sure multiple dance coaches and colleagues called me stuck up because they’re jealous.’

 

Then we have Gina who is giggling off the whole conversation as nonsense because OBVIOUSLY the world is jealous. Sometimes yes girls are jealous and mean for no valid reason. Perhaps this did happen to her often growing up (because she was so talented/pretty), so now she’s got a defensive armor up for it. But at the end of the day, it came off like she had no interest in pursuing how she comes off to others. Can’t really be an ambassador or teammate that way. No matter how gorgeous and talented she may be. 

 

Earlier poster had excellent analysis of Lacey and Robin’s commentary. Yes neither comes out and says ‘Gina is toxic let’s cut her from the team.’ But neither says ‘Gina is a team player, liked by most everyone & a definite asset to our squad’ either... Again — Emma’s comments about Ashley Pro are a good comparison. Had Ashley told Emma girls were always jealous of her bc of how much better she was, I’m guessing Emma’s recommendation would have been slightly less glowing.

 

Just because Gina is correct when she gives her fellow TCC’s dance corrections, doesn’t mean the corrections were A) asked for, or B) delivered correctly. Sometimes the best intentioned feedback comes off as condescending.

 

And more importantly sometimes being insecure or defensive comes off as dismissive & arrogant. Personally I’d hate to see myself on national television for all these reasons, but joining the DCC you sign up for life under a microscope.

 

This my second lengthy post on Gina so I’m sure it comes off like I hate the girl lol. To be honest I think she’s more than qualified to be on the team — it’s just an interesting example of perception versus reality (especially on TV).

I totally agree and I don't think it's hate (or we are both haters!). It's even worse when you compare her situation with Ashley because yes she wasn't a dancer, but she was really humble and willing to work. 

As for the corrections, she is in no place to give corrections. She is a (wannabe) rookie at this point like everyone else AND she isn't their standout dcc style-wise. If anything, she has been given substantial corrections herself from Judy. If anyone is qualified to give corrections to her teammates, that would be Keyra who is being praised by everyone and Kalyssa who has already been appointed the powerhouse of her class. The fact that Gina feels the need to correct her peers shows that she really does think that she is superior.

But I think this is a great lesson for her. Most people in their 20s think that personality and attitude have nothing to do with their success and career advancement because they have the skills and whatever. Truth is, people would prefer to work with a nice person with fewer qualifications rather than being stuck with an arrogant person who won't take criticism, no matter how awesome they are. There is always someone better anyway. 

The DCCs are supposed to be liked by everyone, be nice and approachable and Gina is none of these things. Maybe she truly feels like she is, but knowing that she comes across as stuck up etc can actually help her improve her people skills-which is going to be more valuable to her in her future career than learning how to shake her behind and pose for the camera.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, evasworld123 said:

Just because Gina is correct when she gives her fellow TCC’s dance corrections, doesn’t mean the corrections were A) asked for, or B) delivered correctly.

Lacey said "She'll be like "No, you're doing it wrong" but it's actually, you know, the right thing."  The corrections Gina is giving are not right.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Lacey said "She'll be like "No, you're doing it wrong" but it's actually, you know, the right thing."  The corrections Gina is giving are not right.

I don't think Gina is in any place to give corrections to her fellow rookie candidates. All of you are learning. Ask someone who knows.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t think there’s an issue with Gina giving corrections. You don’t have to be senior to someone to help them, and it’s not unusual that some girls may have a better grasp of some choreo than others and can help them, and vice versa. Rather, I think the problem is two-fold.

1) She doesn’t seem to think that SHE needs any help from the other TCCs. Even when she was talking to K&J, she referred to helping the other girls. I don’t recall her saying that they help each other or that help her too. She clearly thinks she’s better than them and doesn’t need their input, while they desperately need hers. 

2) Because of her arrogance in thinking that she doesn’t need help, she can’t seem to grasp that sometimes she is the one who is doing it wrong sometimes. I think that is what Lacey was talking about. Gina tries to correct other girls, when they’re the ones who are right. I doubt she’s intentionally trying to screw someone over by purposely giving bad corrections. It’s just arrogance IMO. 

I think many of us have worked with ppl like Gina. Some just need a humbling experience to learn that they’re not better at everything than everyone else. Others will go their entire careers acting like that and will be disliked everywhere they go. Up to Gina to decide which category she will fall in.

Edited by Jess14
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I don't think Gina is in any place to give corrections to her fellow rookie candidates. All of you are learning. Ask someone who knows.

Of course not, and I never said it was her place to do so.  Just pointing out that the unwarranted corrections aren't even right.

Edited by ByTor
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I don’t think there’s an issue with Gina giving corrections.

If Gina were at home practicing with another TCC and she told her she was doing something wrong, then I'd agree with this.  However, Lacey told Kelli and Judy that she is taking over within the TCCs.  Gina acting like she has some kind of leadership role within her rookie class is a big problem IMO.

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Of course not, and I never said it was her place to do so.  Just pointing out that the unwarranted corrections aren't even right.

Oh I was agreeing with you 100%! Perhaps it came off the wrong way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:22 AM, Dccstar said:

At chipotle in Frisco! It honestly just made me so disappointed especially since she was one of my favorites. It's not DCC culture to say something like that, especially since she claims Tara to be one of her best friends. 

Yay! DCC:  They're just like us/me!  Except I doubt they're ordering extra sour cream and extra cheese...like me ;)

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

Yay! DCC:  They're just like us/me!  Except I doubt they're ordering extra sour cream and extra cheese...like me ;)

Or guac, ha!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Regarding giving advice and corrections, I believe one of the group leaders told K&J that other candidates were asking Gina for help.

Gina herself said that other girls are always asking for her help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

If i really really wanted to be a DCC, I'd ask anyone for help. I'm sure Gina is good at picking up choreography, so she probably can be helpful to a lot of other TCCs, but them asking her for help  says nothing about Gina being a good team player. A better response would have been 'we are constantly practicing together' or something like that. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

If Gina were at home practicing with another TCC and she told her she was doing something wrong, then I'd agree with this.  However, Lacey told Kelli and Judy that she is taking over within the TCCs.  Gina acting like she has some kind of leadership role within her rookie class is a big problem IMO.

See, I heard that as when the TCCs are on their own time practicing together, Gina gives out correction to other girls, but that the corrections are wrong. Maybe I misinterpreted it, but I just don’t see the issue in its face, assuming that it’s a mutual thing where they’re all trying to help each other (it’s not mutual for Gina, which is my problem, not the giving corrections itself). I think it’s perfectly fine for Keyra or Tara or Kalyssa to give a correction to a fellow TCC if they have are doing it wrong as well. When I was on cheer teams, that was pretty common. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On September 24, 2017 at 1:08 AM, Dccstar said:

I always thought Gina was sweet until I was behind her in line one day getting food. Her and Molly were talking about who they danced next to in their groups and said "I wish I could be next to someone that made me look good.. like Tara" and started laughing. I thought it was a disgusting comment for her to say! Then this episode airs and it really showed!

You shouldn't have to be placed next to certain people to make you look good. YOU make you look good.  You could put Jenna or Holly next to anyone and they still look good.  Even next to each other they hold their own. They look good regardless.  

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/22/2017 at 4:17 PM, Lexusprincess said:

This year's makeovers did not seem to do much.  Alexandra would have looked  great with chocolate brown hair.  Her looks need to be softened up.   Brianna (yeah they finally sent home the little girl) they did nothing to her hair.

Amen, sister.  There were none.  The night Briana was cut, you could see that she tried with the make-up...but didn’t really succeed.  Tara, as I have point out, has serious dark roots (which she had before she made the squad).  No one seemed to benefit from this year’s “makeovers.”  Rookie makeovers used to be fun to watch.  I think the girls that stay on the squad get better looking on their own/ by talking with the professionals that work with the DCC.  But now the makeovers don’t seem to make a difference.

Edited by PBSLover · Reason: Because I can’t form a sentence today
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

5 hours ago, VintageJ said:

You shouldn't have to be placed next to certain people to make you look good. YOU make you look good.  You could put Jenna or Holly next to anyone and they still look good.  Even next to each other they hold their own. They look good regardless.  

I get the impression Gina has spent a lifetime positioning herself next to people who will make her feel superior. Now that she is surrounded by actual peers she is trying to stand out by being a "leader" and probably chooses who to hang out with based on how much they may need her help so she can feel good about herself. Her type of arrogance feels like it comes from a place of crippling insecurity. Because she doesn't seem content to just be the best, she has to tell everyone she is the best, she needs to prove she is the best with her trophies and bragging about her training. Honey, if you really feel you are the best, just get out there and dance and everyone will see it. If you have to tell people you are, then you don't believe you are. 

In other news. Alexandria just looked...old. I hate to say it, because she is not, and she is really lovely, but I think the heavy makeup is aging her. I hope getting those tarantellas off her eye lids will help because damn those suckers are freakishly heavy.

The etiquette class to me was just silly fun. I hope they weren't taking it too seriously, because unless they all plan on becoming trophy wives to some old money oil barons, I doubt anyone is going to judge them for buttering their bread and taking a bite like about 98% of the bread eating public do. Besides, if you do go to a fancy dinner and are unsure, you wait until the host eats something and copy what they do. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not a big fan of Gina, but the girl can dance just fine.  I don't have any problem with her not "knowing" anything personal about the girls.  Her current focus is on make the team, if she makes it, THEN she can become besties (fake or real) with whoever on the team she wants. I do agree with Kitty that she has RBF, but I'm okay with it as long as she can perform well, as most people cannot control their face type.

Alexandria - I liked her at first but her current hair/make up/and tarantula lashes do not do her any favors. Personally, I have rarely seen fake eyelashes that actually improve the look of a woman, but then I'm old school and feel the natural look is best. 

I was really disappointed with the lack of time spent on the actual cameos, I don't need to see them getting their make up/hair styled as I would have preferred to see every TCC and their cameo shoot.  

I'm not a MRS hater, but really feel she didn't bring much to the episode.  

I actually liked this guest choreographer the best, but really, don't need to know who he choreographed for, except for the part of being in Kitty class. 

I totally enjoyed the etiquette class.  

I do agree with others that Lauren's hair looks dated, but the look flatters her and makes her stand out in the crowd.  I have liked her from day one along with Keyra and Kalyssa.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/22/2017 at 5:37 AM, 123DCCWoooo said:

 I can't even remember the dude's name, but he literally did NOTHING but host a dance party while gratuitous P!nk music played (which I agree with the few that felt it was awkward and unnecessary).  Sadly, it looks like more guest choreographers and celebrities are coming next week.

I thought about this.  He is one of Kitty's former star pupils who really made it big.  But if he choreos for Pink and other high level celebs.... my guess is DCC did not want to pay him what he charges for choreo.  So, he said he would be happy for an appearance fee to assess the girls do DCC routines.  This is why I think they had something different like the dance party.   I did not mind it.  I think Judy and Kelli like outsider choregrapher's perspective on the girls. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/22/2017 at 7:57 AM, Jess14 said:

Agreed with whoever commented on the strange menu for fancy meal. I've only been to a couple of five and six course meals (way too much food for me and crazy expensive), but pasta as the heaviest dish seemed odd to me. It seems like a steak/lamb/fish (like a filet) would make more sense. And I love seafood but oyster and shrimp was odd. Who knows though, I'm definitely not an expert.

They were trying to cover all the "difficult to eat" options.  The menu did not honestly go together, it was a class.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/22/2017 at 8:17 AM, rose711 said:

I wonder if the zoo outing was even real

So many people are harshing on the zoo!  I used to go on dates at the Lincoln Park zoo in Chicago in my twenties.  Go to the zoo, outside walking and something to talk about and then grab a bite to eat/drinks at a nearby restaurant.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/22/2017 at 0:21 PM, Diane Mars said:

Regarding the etiquette class, I was chocked (yes, for real, lol !) that I didn't heard anything regarding the fact of keeping your BOTH hands ON the table ! What is this ? Eating with a hand, and the other on the seat ?!? (And I won't start the "close your effing mouth when chewing, ffs !" discussion....)

"Etiquette class" ? That was a joke.

I'll be honest I am not certain what you are trying to say.  My understanding is most Europeans keep both hands on the table (no elbows) with finger tips extended to the length of the silverware.  Americans keep their hands in their lap.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

On 9/22/2017 at 11:28 PM, PixieDust said:

I feel what may be happening with Alexandria and all these little critiques are they like her personality and dancing but her overall look just isn't working for her. I think she's a pretty girl but the makeup and hair are not complimenting to her. It seems they really want her on the squad but aren't sure she looks the part. 

They needed to change her hair color because it is not working with her skin tone.  I love her and she is one of my favs but why they won't go back and change her hair color I have NO idea.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

The etiquette class to me was just silly fun. I hope they weren't taking it too seriously, because unless they all plan on becoming trophy wives to some old money oil barons, I doubt anyone is going to judge them for buttering their bread and taking a bite like about 98% of the bread eating public do. Besides, if you do go to a fancy dinner and are unsure, you wait until the host eats something and copy what they do. 

Do I think all of these women will be in those situations, no, but some basic table manners and etiquette will never hurt.  I was taught how to do the spaghetti with a pasta spoon, and at home I twirl it on the plate... but I know how to properly handle that situation in the public eye and I can thank my mother for that.  Dining at home is much less formal than it used to be and it is always good to know or be reminded.  I did not know the bread thing....I can't wait to tell my mother she forgot to drill one into me!  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

someone wondered why Holly wasn't called in until now, they thought it was harsh to not say anything at the outset of TC.  I think they gave her the 5 weeks and did not say anything until now trying to spare her assuming she would just correct it on her own, and now it has been enough time to realistically see a change and they haven't so they want to make certain she is aware.  As soon as she was upset about it Kelli backed off saying it isn't a problem yet.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, LynneH said:

I was really disappointed with the lack of time spent on the actual cameos, I don't need to see them getting their make up/hair styled as I would have preferred to see every TCC and their cameo shoot.  

Me too! I tuned in like 4 minutes late and missed the whole slot.

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

So many people are harshing on the zoo!  I used to go on dates at the Lincoln Park zoo in Chicago in my twenties.  Go to the zoo, outside walking and something to talk about and then grab a bite to eat/drinks at a nearby restaurant.

Thank you! My second date with my husband was to the DC zoo to see the pandas and then out for food/drinks. Now we've got kids and take them, but I always see lots of young 'uns there enjoying a stroll with their friends. Plus our zoo is free so people use the trails for running in the early mornings.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I'll be honest I am not certain what you are trying to say.  My understanding is most Europeans keep both hands on the table (no elbows) with finger tips extended to the length of the silverware.  Americans keep their hands in their lap.  

Very true about one hand on the lap.  Also my Mom would say "Mable, Mable, if you're able, keep your elbows off the table!" which I still remind myself about.  As far as a pasta spoon, that is our invention.  Italians have bowls designed to help with the twirling so don't need a spoon.  They should have offered fried chicken, french fries, and bacon to see if they could master all of them at a setting more formal than a picnic by using their fork, not their fingers!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

I did not know the bread thing....I can't wait to tell my mother she forgot to drill one into me!

I never heard of the bread thing either & thought it was full of crap.  According to Emily Post, though, it's true...

http://emilypost.com/advice/guide-to-food-and-drink/

Quote

 

Breads

Bread and rolls are served either on individual bread plates or passed around the table in a basket, in which case diners take one piece, place it on their plate or bread plate, and pass it on. Use your fingers to break off a smaller piece. Butter and eat that piece before breaking off and buttering another one. Toast should be cut in half before it’s served. Toast and hot biscuit and muffin halves can be buttered all over at once so that the butter has a chance to melt in.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Very true about one hand on the lap.  Also my Mom would say "Mable, Mable, if you're able, keep your elbows off the table!" which I still remind myself about.  As far as a pasta spoon, that is our invention.  Italians have bowls designed to help with the twirling so don't need a spoon.  They should have offered fried chicken, french fries, and bacon to see if they could master all of them at a setting more formal than a picnic by using their fork, not their fingers!

Ours was Sunny Sunny strong and able keep your elbows off the table ??

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Mardo2044 said:

So many people are harshing on the zoo!  I used to go on dates at the Lincoln Park zoo in Chicago in my twenties.  Go to the zoo, outside walking and something to talk about and then grab a bite to eat/drinks at a nearby restaurant.

a date  yes, the zoo is a wonderful place to go. presuming you're with someone who you want to spend that much time with as most zoos do take hours to walk though. and yes, a wonderful place for young family who want an outing while the kids can be entertained & as couple you still can talk. 

sad to say, some zoos in the larger cities do come at cost, even if you're a resident. I feel the same way about aquariums - nice wonderful & educational places, but I always feel I have to stay there a while to justify the admission, even with a deal.

I was just thinking a single, childless, attractive (by now the TCCs have been taught to how dress/hair/makeup in public), young person in their late teens / early twenties, the zoo wouldn't exactly be at the top of the list, to go hang out. But I can concede that maybe the zoo is the latest pickup spot !

Edited by sATL

Share this post


Link to post

I lived in the south until my sophomore year of college when I relocated to Southern California. Had an etiquette class or two in my youth. The bread/butter rules are what I learned. Elbows off the table for sure. I'll add others: if you need to take something out of your mouth (think a bone) you do it with the utensil you put it in with. Candle wicks should always be blackened (otherwise they belong in a store). Gosh, many more rules. 

SoCal norms, not so much. Because of my work, I have events with the very upper elite. One hostess asked my why I was blackening candle wicks and thought I was crazy. My daughter said the only useful thing she learned from National Charity League was to put her thumb and forefinger together to make a "b" and a "d" to figure out which bread plate and drinks are for her.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/25/2017 at 11:09 AM, woodscommaelle said:

Yay! DCC:  They're just like us/me!  Except I doubt they're ordering extra sour cream and extra cheese...like me ;)

Those girls being able to eat chipotle and still look like they do is just depressing :/...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I'm a little late, but here are my random observations/comments of this episode:

Mellisa cutting Judy off and contradicting her about Keyra was incredibly rude. She should have waited until Judy was finished speaking and toned down her excitement about disagreeing. 

Judy not saying a word during Celinda's cut ( from what we were shown) spoke volumes. Rarely does Judy vote to bring someone back to training camp a second time, and with good reason. I feel bad for Celinda. She seems sweet , but it never seemed like she would make it.

One boot as a gift for the etiquette coach? "This is an actual game boot." What does that mean? It's used? A used boot for the etiquette coach? Oh, the irony.

I think Kitty should take over any and all future office visits with Gina. Kelly was way too easy on her.

I'm excited for the next episode, but I predict they bring up the Holly issue in the last 90 seconds and we have to wait until the following week for any answers.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, MyFavShows said:

Those girls being able to eat chipotle and still look like they do is just depressing :/...

My thoughts exactly. What did they order? Obviously not the 1200 calorie burrito that I order.

"Just grilled chicken for me, please...."

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Katekate said:

I'm a little late, but here are my random observations/comments of this episode:

Mellisa cutting Judy off and contradicting her about Keyra was incredibly rude. She should have waited until Judy was finished speaking and toned down her excitement about disagreeing. 

Judy not saying a word during Celinda's cut ( from what we were shown) spoke volumes. Rarely does Judy vote to bring someone back to training camp a second time, and with good reason. I feel bad for Celinda. She seems sweet , but it never seemed like she would make it.

One boot as a gift for the etiquette coach? "This is an actual game boot." What does that mean? It's used? A used boot for the etiquette coach? Oh, the irony.

I think Kitty should take over any and all future office visits with Gina. Kelly was way too easy on her.

I'm excited for the next episode, but I predict they bring up the Holly issue in the last 90 seconds and we have to wait until the following week for any answers.

Lol re: the bolded!!!

If they do that with Holly and keep as hanging till the following week I will he so mad!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Katekate said:

 

I think Kitty should take over any and all future office visits with Gina. Kelly was way too easy on her.

 

I thought the same thing ! I think there a couple of reason as that might be : First, Kelli is into her look & the girls who Kelli find pretty can get away with murder sometime!

Secondly, maybe bec she's one of the best dancers of the rookies & she knows the might need her to complete the 36.

I know Both guesses are a stretch but i can't figure out why, Kelli is harder on people for dumber reasons.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Love the idea of Kitty taking over chats with my boo Gina; Kitty sees right through her cheshire cat smile. She's been in the biz a long time and can spot the attitude at a 1/4 mile.   

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Katekate said:

I'm a little late, but here are my random observations/comments of this episode:

Mellisa cutting Judy off and contradicting her about Keyra was incredibly rude. She should have waited until Judy was finished speaking and toned down her excitement about disagreeing. 

Judy not saying a word during Celinda's cut ( from what we were shown) spoke volumes. Rarely does Judy vote to bring someone back to training camp a second time, and with good reason. I feel bad for Celinda. She seems sweet , but it never seemed like she would make it.

One boot as a gift for the etiquette coach? "This is an actual game boot." What does that mean? It's used? A used boot for the etiquette coach? Oh, the irony.

I think Kitty should take over any and all future office visits with Gina. Kelly was way too easy on her.

I'm excited for the next episode, but I predict they bring up the Holly issue in the last 90 seconds and we have to wait until the following week for any answers.

I have understood that only one boot is given so no one has in their possession an entire pair of boots.  Yes those would be boots that were turned back in along with the uniform.  I thought that with retirement, they were allowed to keep one of their boots.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:28 PM, evasworld123 said:

Unfortunately in that moment many people (Kitty, Melissa, vets (*more on Lacey/Robin later because I know this point is debatable), the unnamed TCC’s, and the majority of this forum) found her unfriendly and unapproachable. So even if she’s just more ‘focused’ and ‘intense’ than others, but really isn’t an arrogant person, it doesn’t matter right now. It’s that whole ‘perception is reality’ argument. I would hope Gina watched that episode and said ‘omg can’t believe I came off like that bc I’m not that type of person’ & is working on it. My guess is she’s deemed it unworthy of her attention the same way she deemed K&J’s feedback as unworthy - both on her personality and dance.

Tina reminds me of a potential new member who was going through sorority recruitment one of the years I was in college.  This particular woman was just rude and condescending to everyone she met so, of course, she wasn't a big favorite and ended up getting cut early from most of the houses.  She was heard to tell one of the recruitment counselors that she wasn't surprised by the heavy cuts because "the sisters were intimidated by my hotness".  (exact quote)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

9 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Those girls being able to eat chipotle and still look like they do is just depressing :/...

Metabolism, youth and exercise.i miss the days I could eat anything and not gain. At 43, post cancer, my body is shot and can barely look at guac without gaining 5 lbs, ha!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Spooky said:

Love the idea of Kitty taking over chats with my boo Gina; Kitty sees right through her cheshire cat smile. She's been in the biz a long time and can spot the attitude at a 1/4 mile.   

I wonder if Kitty will have any input into the talk with Holly.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, sATL said:

a date  yes, the zoo is a wonderful place to go. presuming you're with someone who you want to spend that much time with as most zoos do take hours to walk though. and yes, a wonderful place for young family who want an outing while the kids can be entertained & as couple you still can talk. 

sad to say, some zoos in the larger cities do come at cost, even if you're a resident. I feel the same way about aquariums - nice wonderful & educational places, but I always feel I have to stay there a while to justify the admission, even with a deal.

I was just thinking a single, childless, attractive (by now the TCCs have been taught to how dress/hair/makeup in public), young person in their late teens / early twenties, the zoo wouldn't exactly be at the top of the list, to go hang out. But I can concede that maybe the zoo is the latest pickup spot !

Y'all. Some people just like the zoo. It's just not that big of a stretch. We have a wonderful zoo in our city- it's not free, and I'm there frequently and see plenty of twenty somethings there on dates, with groups, friends, family. 

12 hours ago, Katekate said:

I'm a little late, but here are my random observations/comments of this episode:

Mellisa cutting Judy off and contradicting her about Keyra was incredibly rude. She should have waited until Judy was finished speaking and toned down her excitement about disagreeing. 

 

I agree.... I couldn't believe Melissa did that!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I have less issue with the zoo idea than the idea Gina, "I'm not here to make friends", would do anything that isn't related to winning. Which makes me think going to the zoo was forced on her somehow. She just doesn't seem the type. I could see the other girl, is it Taryn? Tara? going to the zoo, a lot of them really, Savanna strikes me as someone who would be fun at the zoo because she seems fun and bubbly. Gina strikes me more as a going shopping or grabbing a latte type.

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Yes..No..Maybe. said:

All I see when I look at her is Howard the Duck and I can’t unsee it. 

Oh crap! You're right. And now I can't unsee it. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Yes..No..Maybe. said:

Gina looks like a duck. All I see when I look at her is Howard the Duck and I can’t unsee it. 

That's a good one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size