Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
OnceSane

S06.E10: The Lying Game

If MJ did get pregnant, her child could be born with fetal alcohol syndrome.  She should not drink like htat while trying to conceive.  If MJ would quit drinking cold turkey, she would probably go into the DTs.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

As a person in recovery, I am troubled with some of the posts on this board.  Some sound as if alcoholics should be burned at the stake.  I think it's far worse for people like racists you breed.

MJ should NOT ever have a baby, not because she's a drunk, but because she has tried to fill the hole in her soul that Vida put there, with alcohol, food, sex, everything.  Now she thinks a baby will fill it.  That is wrong because a baby is dependent on you, the parent, you, the parent have to care for the child, not the other way around.  A child will never fill up the hole in MJ's soul.

Couldn't agree more. As a white woman, I've never experienced racism but I just got custody of a pregnant 15 year old. Her parents threw her out of the house when they found out the father of the baby is black. I really hate people. 

I'm also in recovery, I haven't had a drink since 12/29/1995 and I see that sort of thing a lot. Alcoholics and addicts are scumbags to a lot of people. I guess you see it differently if you've been there.  

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Some sound as if alcoholics should be burned at the stake.  I think it's far worse for people like racists you breed.

I'm confused.  Did you mean "it's worse for racists TO breed?"  

I've dealt with self medicating, racists homophobes who are alcoholic and pill abusers. I don't spend anytime or energy wth then as they are toxic. 

I think if you are in recovery, you're very brave and inspiring.  It must be very hard. I'm bothered by MJ drining so heavily and it's as if she's self medicating and i hope she gets help but a reality show, self medicating alcoholic does not need to have a baby now.  I don't think she should be burned at the stake but she needs help.

I appreciate everyone's take on GG's hearing loss. I may have RA but not hearing loss. I'll try to go back and watch the older episodes. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Neurochick said:

As a person in recovery, I am troubled with some of the posts on this board.  Some sound as if alcoholics should be burned at the stake

I don't care if she drinks herself into oblivion, I think the problem is that she says she is trying to have a baby,  while she is an alcoholic, hasn't made any effort to stop in order to have a healthy pregnancy, and doesn't have a clue that it's a problem. Not cool. You don't do that to an innocent baby. 

• Like 5

I know that everyone has been all over MJ, and I agree to an extent.  Should she have a baby now?  Absolutely not, and I think that is clear to everyone, Tommy included.  However, I have a soft spot for her because of what she is going through, watching her parent that she is so close to slowly dying before her eyes.  I went through the exact thing last year, from June until mom passed in October.  The episode when she & Reza went to visit him was particularly hard for me to watch.  And when Reza was telling everyone at the party what rough shape he was in and how shocked he was and how MJ just acted normal...well that was me.  When you watch someone during a prolonged illness and you are with them so much every single day, that becomes your "normal."  Their appearance becomes normal to you, and it isn't until someone visits that hasn't seen them like that and you see their reaction, then you realize how much they have gone downhill. 

And when Mike had that talk with her in Israel about how you have to keep living your life....well he was right and I totally get it, but doing it is another thing!  You try, believe me, but you are just going through the motions.  That is what I see MJ doing.  She is going thru the motions of renovating her condo, but not truly living her life because she can't.  I totally get that.  Hell, it's been a year and I am still going through the motions.  She is numbing herself with alcohol and is focusing so hard on a baby because that is how she is getting thru.  Is it the right way?  No, but you do what you gotta do to get through.  She couldn't even take in any of what Tommy was saying to her....all she heard was no to a baby which is her only focus right now to keep her from feeling the pain of her father's illness.  I just really hope that if/when her dad is no longer around, that she has people around her to help cope with the loss because she will really spiral out of control if not.   I really do wish her well and hope her & Tommy make it.  He really seems like a good guy and I think he really does love her.  MJ is so lucky to have him because Vida sure has done a number on her and is a vile human being. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Cupcake04 said:

I know that everyone has been all over MJ, and I agree to an extent.  Should she have a baby now?  Absolutely not, and I think that is clear to everyone, Tommy included.  However, I have a soft spot for her because of what she is going through, watching her parent that she is so close to slowly dying before her eyes.  I went through the exact thing last year, from June until mom passed in October.  The episode when she & Reza went to visit him was particularly hard for me to watch.  And when Reza was telling everyone at the party what rough shape he was in and how shocked he was and how MJ just acted normal...well that was me.  When you watch someone during a prolonged illness and you are with them so much every single day, that becomes your "normal."  Their appearance becomes normal to you, and it isn't until someone visits that hasn't seen them like that and you see their reaction, then you realize how much they have gone downhill. 

And when Mike had that talk with her in Israel about how you have to keep living your life....well he was right and I totally get it, but doing it is another thing!  You try, believe me, but you are just going through the motions.  That is what I see MJ doing.  She is going thru the motions of renovating her condo, but not truly living her life because she can't.  I totally get that.  Hell, it's been a year and I am still going through the motions.  She is numbing herself with alcohol and is focusing so hard on a baby because that is how she is getting thru.  Is it the right way?  No, but you do what you gotta do to get through.  She couldn't even take in any of what Tommy was saying to her....all she heard was no to a baby which is her only focus right now to keep her from feeling the pain of her father's illness.  I just really hope that if/when her dad is no longer around, that she has people around her to help cope with the loss because she will really spiral out of control if not.   I really do wish her well and hope her & Tommy make it.  He really seems like a good guy and I think he really does love her.  MJ is so lucky to have him because Vida sure has done a number on her and is a vile human being. 

I am so sorry for your loss, we walked the same path as well, so many of us do. 

Now, for MJ, she has had an alcohol (and pill problem according to the others) for a very long time. I do think her fathers stroke made it worse but adding a baby isn't going to make things better, it will only make them worse if she ads a baby with fetal alcohol syndrome into the hell she is already in. No matter how much it hurts her to face this, she has to before she gets pregnant and there is no kind, gentle way to do it.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

I'm confused.  Did you mean "it's worse for racists TO breed?"  

I've dealt with self medicating, racists homophobes who are alcoholic and pill abusers. I don't spend anytime or energy wth then as they are toxic. 

I think if you are in recovery, you're very brave and inspiring.  It must be very hard. I'm bothered by MJ drining so heavily and it's as if she's self medicating and i hope she gets help but a reality show, self medicating alcoholic does not need to have a baby now.  I don't think she should be burned at the stake but she needs help.

I appreciate everyone's take on GG's hearing loss. I may have RA but not hearing loss. I'll try to go back and watch the older episodes. 

I was quoted here but I'm not the one who posted the quoted item. @Neurochick wrote that. 

MJ is very messy, and in more ways than one. I'm glad she's taking the time to renovate her condo but what she really needs to work on is herself. Hopefully finds a skilled therapist for weekly sessions and brings her mother along with her on occasion to workout her abandonment issues.

Reza is an asshole for destroying MJ's furniture, but that's who he has always been.

I felt bad for Destiney being held captive in that very uncomfortable lover's quarrel. If I were her I would have just left at some point.

• Like 2