Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Viva La Mexico

• Start Topic

As Housewives shop, pack and prepare for their much-needed getaway to Mexico, Kameron’s irresistible pink charm wins Court over and he agrees to invest startup funding in her doggone business idea. Mark is not taking it well that Cary is spending less time as his nurse and more time with their daughter Zuri. And moments before LeeAnne goes under the knife for breast “improvement” she puts Brandi in a pickle by secretly threatening Cary’s life and confiding potentially hurtful information about Mark.

1 hour ago, jaybird2 said:

can someone please tell me what 'mommy makeover' is?

From USA Today: "Within the past five years, the term 'mommy makeover' has become synonymous with package-deal type surgeries which typically include a breast lift, breast augmentation, liposuction and tummy tuck." I thought Brandi mentioned something about moving the ab muscles closer together, though? Which sounds horrifying.  

Edited by schmickschmack
  • Love 2

I looked up Dr. True. He is a Board certified cosmetic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgeons.  There's a whole thing on the Board site about the difference between plastic and cosmetic surgery and surgeons. Mark is a plastic surgeon, which is different, but the way the Board of Cosmetic Surgeons tells it, cosmetic surgeons focus more on surgery that enhances appearance while the plastic surgeon covers several areas of practice with cosmetic surgery being one of them.

Leann is nutty, and definitely expresses anger inappropriately, but I don't think she was actually threatening Cary's life.  Cary could also try not poking the tiger. 

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, schmickschmack said:

From USA Today: "Within the past five years, the term 'mommy makeover' has become synonymous with package-deal type surgeries which typically include a breast lift, breast augmentation, liposuction and tummy tuck." I thought Brandi mentioned something about moving the ab muscles closer together, though? Which sounds horrifying.  

thanks, that's a lot of work/surgery and very expensive!!!

• Love 3

Poor Zuri. Mark is a huge asshole. What is Cary doing? I'd be out of there by now. Maybe I'm imagining things but she does seem to be laying the groundwork for a separation/divorce.

It amazes me what people will expose about themselves and their lives just for 15 minutes of (Bravo) fame. Cary and her jerk husband. Brandi and her shitty marriage. Now we have Stephanie admitting to neglecting her child with a learning disability to hang out with Brandi. WTF? She does at least seem to feel shame and guilt for it but she looks at Brandi like she's in love with her or something. Maybe she is? Their entire relationship is weird to me.

Still can't stand Brandi. Leeann was good enough to spend time with while she was mad at Stephanie but now that they're besties again, time to poke the bear. Brandi is so two-faced.

• Love 11

LeAnne threatened Marie last season during their trip to Austin, which was the big dramatic climax for the season.  It sounded like she was under the influence of her pre-surgery drugs, this time, which doesn't excuse the behavior but does offer some explanation.  I do think it's funny that D'Andra can't even be bothered to be intimidated by LeAnne.

Speaking of D'Andra...where has Mother been?  I miss her overdone makeup!  

Kameron saying she doesn't want people to take her seriously could be amusing if she weren't so damn annoying with those exaggerated faces and the speech affectation.  

I hope Mark is playing-it-up for the cameras because, otherwise, he looks like a rotten father.  

• Love 12

Leeanne seems very fake to me. She's so overly dramatic about everything. I think half of its an act with her.,

Cary, get the hell out of there, and take Zuri with you! Mark is trying to be as cruel as possible,  it's like a test. How long will she put up with my BS test. Money isn't worth it, losing your power to a man like that. Move on! 

Brandi is strange, but I don't mind her. Stephanie is okay as well, but that butt ugly house has to be the worst thing for Travis to buy. Dogs, small kids, yeah that's a real family house Travis, another dork with too much money! 

• Love 10

I'm really supposed to believe that Cary just up and left the practice after her last surgery?

That no one knew.  Not the office staff, not the patients she's been working with or her husband.

No 2 week notice, no one hired to pick up the job responsibilities.

Those two are phoney baloney.

• Love 22
7 hours ago, Jel said:

I looked up Dr. True. He is a Board certified cosmetic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Cosmetic Surgeons.  There's a whole thing on the Board site about the difference between plastic and cosmetic surgery and surgeons. Mark is a plastic surgeon, which is different, but the way the Board of Cosmetic Surgeons tells it, cosmetic surgeons focus more on surgery that enhances appearance while the plastic surgeon covers several areas of practice with cosmetic surgery being one of them.

Leann is nutty, and definitely expresses anger inappropriately, but I don't think she was actually threatening Cary's life.  Cary could also try not poking the tiger. 

I was so excited when they showed his name so I could look him up too! Being board certified by the Board of Cosmetic Surgeons doesn't make him a plastic surgeon, as Cary was trying to point out.  It's really much more of vanity organization with none of the rigor required to become board certified in plastic surgery.  IMO, a doctor touting that board certification is sketchy, with dubious credentials. I mostly just get injectables and I would never trust someone who touts that board certification to touch my face, let alone perform major surgery on my breasts.  I had a reduction and lift five years ago and it was an involved surgery and painful recovery.  Much as I love my ob-gyn, that's not something I would trust to her (not that she is performing plastic surgery).

Speaking of which, I was really surprised to see Leanne still on for the trip. Maybe when you're dealing with implants it's less involved than a regular reduction or maybe her super emotionally painful carny past makes her immune to physical pain?  Either way, she and her hands and her sandpaper terrify me.

ETA: Here's a link to a column from a plastic surgeon briefly describing the difference.  I know Leanne (and maybe others) just think Cary is being a "condescending c," but she was right.  I think it would really anger me if I were a plastic surgeon (or married to one, etc) and someone was insisting their unqualified doc was board certified.  It hurts the whole industry and just confuses consumers.

https://www.plasticsurgery.org/news/blog/is-a-cosmetic-surgeon-a-plastic-surgeon%3famp=1

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 12

I HATE Stephanie's new house. I'd need TEN million to make that place liveable. Ugh. That kitchen? It's soooo dark. And then they really threw her in the pool???? I'd be LIVID. 

Wow.  Was Leann under anesthesia when she went off on Cary? She was scary. But that thing about Mark getting his dick sucked at The Roundup sounded a little too specific to not be true. 

Mark continues to be a grade-A asshole. Most parents, ANY parent, would pleased if their spouse could spend more time with their child. But Mark is all about Mark and what HE loses out on. I loved that she kicked his ass at the gun range. 

But that shirt he was wearing? Can't he plastic surgery his moobs away? Stick to the scrubs, Dr. Mark. 

Did I hear Stephanie call her older son "Chance ALMOND???"

I'm gonna call her BS on her tears about not focusing on Cruz's struggles because she was focusing on Brandi's struggles. You're a SAHM. You can do both. 

I have no idea why Leann would go to Mexico so soon after her surgery. I'm sure this trip is going to be a "fun" time!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Has Brandi had face  surgery - something isn't right there?

Her eyebrows are too arched and practically up to her hairline! My Dr. calls that the Dr. Spock look  which results from too much botox and he refuses to do it to his patients. Maybe that was included in Brandi's "mommy makeover". 

8 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Speaking of D'Andra...where has Mother been?  I miss her overdone makeup!  

And her wigs! They look like those cheap synthetic wigs Sherri Shepard sells on QVC. Momma has enough money to buy herself some good wigs

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Her eyebrows are too arched and practically up to her hairline! My Dr. calls that the Dr. Spock look  which results from too much botox and he refuses to do it to his patients. Maybe that was included in Brandi's "mommy makeover". 

That makes sense. A "before" pic:

real-housewives-of-dallas-season-1-brand

• Love 7
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

I'm really supposed to believe that Cary just up and left the practice after her last surgery?

That no one knew.  Not the office staff, not the patients she's been working with or her husband.

No 2 week notice, no one hired to pick up the job responsibilities.

Those two are phoney baloney.

I can actually believe it. If she gave 2 weeks notice, he would have made her last two weeks a living hell. Can you imagine the amount of passive-aggressive bitchery he'd be throwing her way??? She already had cut back quite a bit before actually quitting, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was someone there who could step up full time. I also wouldn't be surprised if she told OTHER people in the office, just not Mark. 

• Love 9
12 hours ago, schmickschmack said:

moving the ab muscles together is part of the tummy tuck.  lots of women have ab muscles (diastesis recti) separations after pregnancy  no matter how many crunches are involved it often can't be fixed without surgery.  i didn't do a mommy makeover but i did the tummy tuck post babies, and painful, yes. but soooo worth it!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

I want to know if Dr True is board certified in plastic surgery 

He is not. He is board certified in cosmetic surgery.  I know if my boob job causes my nips to point upward I would go to a plastic surgeon because reconstructive surgery is one of the differences between plastic and cosmetic surgery 

• Love 7

I really try not to mommy shame. I think most of us really are doing the best we can do. But, I'm gonna do it anyway...

Stephanie.  Wtf?  I have five children , so I don't know everything,  but I know children, in general. Her little guy is very far behind. His speech sounded delayed. I understand not knowing if your kiddo is dyslexic or any other specific learning issue until they start school, but he doesn't even have a clue about the alphabet. How could she not know he didn't? Even if she employed a nanny, wouldn't THEY have noticed? His daddy? I just thought it was really weird. Okay, mommy shaming over. 

I think Cary's husband might be one of the worst men over all the franchises. He's disgusting. 

Finally, why is being gay or having gay sex the WORST POSSIBLE THING on these shows? Atl, NJ, OC, and now Dallas all have this storyline. I can't believe Andy doesn't blow his top. 

• Love 16

i don't know if it's really about being gay on it's own that is hurtful about the accusation.  First it hurts to hear your husband is having a relationships outside of marriage is the first thing, and it being a same sex relationship outside of marriage implies they were never really into their spouse to begin with and that is super hurtful.  like it's one thing if your husband leaves you for another woman, your relationship changed you didn't grow together or whatever, but if he leaves you for a man (as a woman), that means he was lying about ever being attracted to you at all.  i think that's why it is an extra layer of hurt to the accusation. 

Edited by abc123baby
clarification
  • Love 13

Yea, I don't think it's always about being GAY - it's more about the secrecy, double life, betrayal, etc. Now, personally, I don't think one's sex life is anyone's business but theirs. And their partner's. But how I feel about these "outings" depends on the person. We have Eddie, on the OC, getting accused of being with men. And I get pissed. Because he is a super chill, super nice, super hungry dude...who does nothing to anyone ever. He seems to have a good relationship with Tamra, and whatever he's done in his past is for them to sort out. But Mark? He's a fucking obsessive, controlling, scary douchebag from hell. So if he IS stepping out on his wife and leading some sort of double life, go ahead and out HIM. I give no fucks. 

• Love 10

For two people who supposedly have sex at least once every day, Cary and Mark have virtually no chemistry.  They look like they can barely stand to touch each other.  Which I guess is why she has to keep telling us that's the case.  (Actually, I can't think of a single reason she has to tell us anything about how often they have sex.  Who does that?  Except people who don't.)

About Andy and the gay "accusations," I think Andy is always more about the bottom line than about decency.

Brandi looks so lovely in that photo.  I don't understand why these women, across all the branches of the franchise, don't see how much better they look au naturel than with the makeup gun set to howitzer.

• Love 14
13 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

Stephanie is okay as well, but that butt ugly house has to be the worst thing for Travis to buy. Dogs, small kids, yeah that's a real family house Travis, another dork with too much money! 

That house must be an investment - ugly house in a nice neighborhood - drop a million in redesign and pick up three or four on the flip. Hideous kitchen!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Yea, I don't think it's always about being GAY - it's more about the secrecy, double life, betrayal, etc. Now, personally, I don't think one's sex life is anyone's business but theirs. And their partner's. But how I feel about these "outings" depends on the person. We have Eddie, on the OC, getting accused of being with men. And I get pissed. Because he is a super chill, super nice, super hungry dude...who does nothing to anyone ever. He seems to have a good relationship with Tamra, and whatever he's done in his past is for them to sort out. But Mark? He's a fucking obsessive, controlling, scary douchebag from hell. So if he IS stepping out on his wife and leading some sort of double life, go ahead and out HIM. I give no fucks. 

If LuAnn were doing it for any other reason than hurting Cary I would say go for it but she is doing this to be cruel and nothing else. So LeAnn needs to sit down and STFU.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Pickles said:

Cary will be divorced before long. Her husband is awful. Interesting how she always says "my" daughter, not our daughter. Is Mark aware that he has a young daughter? I don't think he even likes that child, muchless loves her.

Zuri is the price Mark paid to get Cary to stay with him. I don't think he gives two shits about Zuri or his sons. Given how awful he was to Cary, I'm certain that when the cameras are off and he's dressing Cary it sounds a little like "Don't wear that. You look like a whore/slut." "Wear this. I want the other guys to see what I have." She's less a person to him and more a trophy. This is what he's won. This is what he's earned.

LeeAnne didn't threaten to strangle Cary. LeeAnne put an amorphous threat out into the universe. It could have been a threat to strangle, slap, hit, or write a strongly worded letter. LeeAnne does have hands that she's not afraid to use in any way possible. However given LeeAnne's previous history of violence, it was probably a threat to beat the shit out of Cary. If LeeAnne wasn't so fixated on being spiteful, she would recognize that Cary is married to a controlling abusive jerk.

How on earth did Stephanie miss that her 6 year old didn't know the alphabet? My mother wasn't the most attentive person in the world. Even she realized that I wasn't reading in kindergarten. She talked to my kindergarten teacher about it. My teacher said "Hunter can read. She's too lazy and too much of a procrastinator to do it." Totally true in hindsight. When I did bother to learn how to read (one of my friends "taught" me at a play date in kindergarten), I was reading at a 4th grade level. But the alphabet?!?!? Stephanie and Travis were asleep on the job.

She barely did anything in this episode, but I want Kameron to shut up.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11

How on earth did Stephanie miss that her 6 year old didn't know the alphabet?

Because she spent all of her time drinking, partying, shopping and having lunch with Brandi?

Nice try Stephanie: claiming that she missed Cruz's learning difficulties because she spent so much time on "Brandi's issues." That's an especially foul move, implying that she was somehow taking care of Brandi's problems (i.e., blaming Brandi). She told Cruz he was lazy when he was having problems - WTF? And her learning session with Cruz seemed extremely fake. And she managed to once again cite the cost of renovating her new house.

LeeAnne knew the mic was on when she made that nasty comment about Mark. She's trash.

Interesting that LeeAnne's doctor has ALL rave reviews on Yelp, and Mark does not.

Wonder how many nannies Cary will have while she's a SAHM?

I'm pretty sure Brandi is a drunk.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Zuri is the price Mark paid to get Cary to stay with him. I don't think he gives two shits about Zuri or his sons. Given how awful he was to Cary, I'm certain that when the cameras are off and he's dressing Cary it sounds a little like "Don't wear that. You look like a whore/slut." "Wear this. I want the other guys to see what I have." She's less a person to him and more a trophy. This is what he's won. This is what he's earned.

LeeAnne didn't threaten to strangle Cary. LeeAnne put an amorphous threat out into the universe. It could have been a threat to strangle, slap, hit, or write a strongly worded letter. LeeAnne does have hands that she's not afraid to use in any way possible. However given LeeAnne's previous history of violence, it was probably a threat to beat the shit out of Cary. If LeeAnne wasn't so fixated on being spiteful, she would recognize that Cary is married to a controlling abusive jerk.

How on earth did Stephanie miss that her 6 year old didn't know the alphabet? My mother wasn't the most attentive person in the world. Even she realized that I wasn't reading in kindergarten. She talked to my kindergarten teacher about it. My teacher said "Hunter can read. She's too lazy and too much of a procrastinator to do it." Totally true in hindsight. When I did bother to learn how to read (one of my friends "taught" me at a play date in kindergarten), I was reading at a 4th grade level. But the alphabet?!?!? Stephanie and Travis were asleep on the job.

She barely did anything in this episode, but I want Kameron to shut up.

Not that what Leanne did isn't bad enough....

Brandi made it worse. Every time she repeated what happened, she upped the drama level. And then joined in on making fun of Leanne. 

I understand needing to warn Cary, I would have warned her.  But Brandi seemed to take delight in it.

Which then leads me to feeling sorry for Leanne. Which she doesn't deserve after what she said. But here I am feeling sympathy. 

Thanks Brandi.

Also.  I swear something happened off season about Stephanie and Brandi's drinking.  We still haven't heard Jesus Juice this season. 

• Love 5
43 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Brandi made it worse. Every time she repeated what happened, she upped the drama level. And then joined in on making fun of Leanne. 

I actually thought it was remarkable consistent and in line with the intensity of what Leeanne stated. The joining in on making fun of Leanne was a bad look but apparently she showed both Brandi and Stephanie her compact at the airport so clearly it wasn't something that  she had problems sharing.

• Love 9

I can't decide if Mark is behaving this way because he's a legitimately douche or if he knows it'll get him screen time...either way it makes him a gross, attention seeking person. 

Leanne is crazy but Brandi really stirred the pot. She obviously doesn't need Leanne's companionship anymore so she's going to join in on making fun of her. Brandi was being indirectly disingenuous when she let Cary go on about how Leanne is upset that Cary made a factual statement about her doctor. Brandi understood and agreed with Leanne when Leanne explained why Cary's comments upset her. To sit there and not speak up is Brandi participating in the gossip and playing both sides. It was convenient for Stephanie, Brandi and Cary to act like Leanne was being literal. Leanne says and does stupid shit for effect because she can't control her emotions around people who make her angry (which is why being on this show while trying to work on her anger issues isn't a good idea). Do I think Cary should legitimately be scared? No. 

Did Stephanie never sit down with her kids and review their homework and do lessons with them? Did she never attend a parent/teacher session? Did a a teacher really not think it important to mention that a child was struggling to recognize their alphabet? Given how much easier it is to notice a learning disability nowadays, I find it so strange that it took until 6 years of age for the adults to realize that a child could not do something that the average 3 or 4 year old is able to learn. 

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

It was convenient for Stephanie, Brandi and Cary to act like Leanne was being literal

Given her history and the way she went after Marie in Austin last year, I think they believe she was being literal.

• Love 10
5 minutes ago, Broken Ox said:

Will someone explain the compact thing to me?

Brandi mentioned that Leeanne's doctor told her to go the drugstore and buy a makeup compact to place between her new breasts to separate them when they were healing and Stephanie said Leeanne had showed them both when they were at the airport. 

• Love 2

We get it Cary you and Mark cannot stay off each other. I do not believe that shit at all. They act like a couple who does not even like each other enough to sleep in the same room. I think she is trying to make her marriage sound better by constantly talking about their abundant sex life.

• Love 14
42 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Brandi mentioned that Leeanne's doctor told her to go the drugstore and buy a makeup compact to place between her new breasts to separate them when they were healing and Stephanie said Leeanne had showed them both when they were at the airport. 

If you need to put a compact between your breasts to prevent symmastia, then you are botched before the swelling goes down.

• Love 8

Cary must think it is sexy and provacative to go on and on about how much she bangs Dr Douchber-- but I just find it kinda tragic for her and also, ick. 

The guy makes Terry Dubrow look like Dr Doug Ross from ER.  Also, did he augment his own breasts? In the gun range scene I couldn't help noticing his man boobs.   And although I think Cary and Mark are fame whores playing up the marital drama to stay on the show, it is real creepy how Cary always refers to Zuri like she is her only parent. It'll be great for her to grow up and see that Daddy never wanted her because she reduced the time Mommy could spend as his dress up sex doll trophy/ Botox injector.  

So even with Leann bringing up the gossip about him at "the Roundup" ( is that a Dallas gay bar?) I'm more curious about why there wasn't another plastic surgeon in Dallas that Nurse Cary could snag that was maybe a little bit decent and attractive.   

P.s. A spin around google shows that the first Mrs Deuber is actually a Dr Deuber too-- she's a pediatrician. 

Edited by Rubyslippahz
  • Love 9
15 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I HATE Stephanie's new house. I'd need TEN million to make that place liveable. Ugh. That kitchen? It's soooo dark. And then they really threw her in the pool???? I'd be LIVID. 

Did I hear Stephanie call her older son "Chance ALMOND???"

That pool looked scummy and gross.   I skeeve (as T Giuduce would say) at that whole house.

my close caption said Steph. called him "Chance Hollman" (their last name) ;)

• Love 3
5 hours ago, dosodog said:

Also.  I swear something happened off season about Stephanie and Brandi's drinking.  We still haven't heard Jesus Juice this season. 

I read online that Brandi's kids were kicked out of their school because of their parents' involvement on the show. She must be trying to dial down the Jesus Juice shenanigans this season.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Given her history and the way she went after Marie in Austin last year, I think they believe she was being literal.

Admittedly, I don't recall all of the details of her fight with Marie but I believe it was Leanne just being verbal and not hands on threatening. Given that Leanne made such a scene with Marie and to my knowledge, Marie is alive and well since the incident - that should make them more inclined to not take it literally. It doesn't make Leanne's behaviour and anger issues any more acceptable but the majority of them don't deal with confrontation in a healthy way either (admittedly, Leanne deals with it the worst). Leanne wants to be intimidating when confronted because she doesn't like people to think she's weak. Stephanie likes to be passive aggressive unless she's with the right group of people then she'll chime in and speak her mind. Brandi is either in your face with no qualms about it or if she's the one that's super hurt from someone, she ices you out. Cary is condescending. She thinks that the others aren't smart enough to figure out when she's insulting them and when she gets called out for it she pretends that that wasn't what she was doing. I can't tell with D'Andra just yet as she hasn't needed to have a confrontation with any of the other women just yet. Kameron is annoying but she's the only one who has managed to address a qualm she's had straight on without losing her temper or being condescending (though her THs are pretty condescending). But she likes to beat a dead horse so she's still not great at managing confrontation either, lol.

• Love 5