Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E03: Week 2: Latin Night

• Start Topic

GO FRANKIE GO!  He's probably one of the most committed people ever on the show and I really hope he makes it to the end if his body can keep up. 

Bye Debbie.  I...won't miss you as I don't remember anything you did. 

• Love 7

What the hell was Erin wearing? It looked like some unholy mash-up between Little House on the Prairie and a dressing gown from the set of Dynasty.

At least the judges are admitting to their shitty judging. "I can't overlook this." "I can overlook that." Bullshit. How about you score them on the dance as it is and not what you pick and choose?

We didn't have to sit through another married couple joint interview again but could Vanessa can it with the ridiculous Mommy stuff? No one cares! Women have been having babies for centuries! You're not some Sooper Speshul Mommy because you popped a kid out. Damn, woman. Do you not have an identity outside of that?

• Love 12

Jordan Fisher... who ever trained him over the years is a superb teacher because that man is a professional dancer. You're not breaking out triple pirouettes if you haven't been trained. With that being said, I love watching him dance. I think he's incredible and is one of the best, if not the best, male celeb they've had on the show.

On the other hand, I'm really happy Frankie is such a pleasant surprise. I feel like you never really know what child stars are going to be like but he totally has the right mix of spirit, sincerity, and earnestness. 

No female celeb is really standing out to me, with maybe the exception of Vanessa. 

Mark's facial expressions during that salsa gave me a good laugh LOL. 

I wouldn't mind another All Star season considering the amount of great dancers they've had since the 1st one, whether they be trained or otherwise. 

Edited by PTVjones
  • Love 7

I will miss Debbie. She was never going to win, but in any other season she would have gone further. This is a packed field. I also feel badly for Alan but he did a very good job with Debbie so  hopefully he gets another shot.  I wanted her to get a few more weeks.

Where the heck did Frankie come from? He's such a dork and looks awkward when not performing his dance and then he just turns it on.  He's starting to remind me a little of Drew Lachey? Just me? I was not expecting that. I'm not sure the 9 was deserved and I'm sure fans of Jordan and Lindsey S. will be upset about that, but it's always nice to have a pleasant surprise on this show.  Witney hasn't looked this invested since S19.  

I'm also still pretty surprised at the lack of trainwrecks on week 2, especially when they had to prepare two dances.

Other than that, Jordan continues to be awesome.  Sasha is much improved and seems to be coming into her own.  Drew looked smoother and less gangly.  I liked Vanessa's dance (though didn't love the costume).  Lindsey S. is great, but I'm still not exactly rooting for her for reasons I haven't figured out yet.  There is something about her movement that I don't quite love

Victoria understandably struggled more with a rumba, but I did agree with Len that it didn't really look like a rumba. I think she's going to struggle with hip action.

I don't even know who else is on this season? 

Now going to rewatch Frankie's dance 2 or 3 more times.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 9

Frankie’s going to the finals and could genuinely win, he’s so likeable! Who on earth is voting for Terrell? While yesterday I gave most of my votes to Frankie, I gave the majority of my votes to Nikki tonight because I felt so bad for her being scored lower than Terrell. Still can’t stand Vanessa, right now I think the top four is looking nailed. Frankie, Victoria, Jordan and Lindsey in any order.

• Love 3

What WERE the judges on tonight? The scores seemed okay but they were goofy as all hell.

I realized at the elimination that I genuinely like everyone this season and would be fine with all of them staying. I feel like this season there are obviously different skill levels but there is no one I have to watch cringing. I will say though that there are a ton of people I still forget about (Sasha, Derek, Nikki, Lindsey). 

The scores seemed more realistic tonight. I can't believe Frankie Muniz is leading the competition but good for him, he seems to be working his butt off for it. 

Val that was not a rumba. At best it was a lyrical dance with rumba stylings. You had to know you were going to get slammed for that. Victoria had no hip action because I don't know if he gave her a move that would allow hip action. 

Drew was 7000% less awkward tonight. He actually looked good out there! 

What was with the pinata? Did they ever explain that?

Sucks about Debbie and Alan. Their A.Tango was one of my favorites of the night. I was surprised that I quite liked Alan as a pro. I would like to see him back again next season (though not at Sasha's expense this time; we can ditch Maks or Gleb.)

Jordan had samba rolls people. This season just got real. 

Edited by sab85
  • Love 7

Why is Erin schlumpfing around in a houserobe looking pissed off about her dowager's hump and making faces? She's hellishly dressed.

Drew and Emma suit each other.  That rumba could've looked really unsexy but their characters have a funny chemistry between them that elevated his sexiness. 

I think Nick Lachey has a lot of potential.

Jordan is going to get pegged with being too full of himself.  He has got to be more careful about what he gives to the edit monkeys. That was a really fun dance to watch.

I've been really enjoying Alan's choreo - it feels like he's spent his time in troupe imagining the dances he would choreograph is he were a pro.  I thought Debbie was really impressive in that tango. I think it's a real shame that she's left - dancewise I would rather be rid of TO or Derek (who I really like, but who seems like he's moving through drying concrete a lot of the time).  However, I got a really nasty vibe from Alan towards Debbie as she was saying, "let's keep dancing" to him.

Vanessa looks so much like Brooke Burke.  Every time I see her I think Brooke is playing a joke by visiting set dressed up for dancing. 

Dunno who designed Vanessa's costume but they HATE her.

Edited by crowceilidh
  • Love 3

Second dances for week 2:

Nikki:  She pretty much just walked through the moves. No bounce, no feel of party or fun, no rhythm.  Score was generous.

Victoria:  Too much messing about. No recognizable rumba. How do you get 7s for not doing the assigned dance.  Times have changed so he's going to re-define rumba?

Derek:  Messy, maybe a little under-rehearsed.  He really tried but he didn't appear commanding.  Agree with the scores, maybe a point high.

Sasha:  The singer really struggled to stay in tune.  Anyway, Sasha did very well and she looked like she was enjoying it.  Good scores for her.

Nick:  He looks very stiff and just goes from one move to the next. There's no fluidity.  Agree with the scores.  Also Peta needs to pull her bottoms up a little. 

Jordan:  Nice job. Len described what was bothering me about his footwork, how he seemed to shoot his toes into the floor.  Good scores.

Drew:  Less awkward, it looked like there was a lift but CAI hasn't been calling out lifts so I guess it doesn't matter.   He was trying hard to maintain some kind of flow but there was no hip action.  Agree with the scores.

Debbie:  Very nice! Also Alan is producing some nice choreography.  Good scores but I think an 8 would have been in order.  Also I think she's hitting the right note with "cougar" act - teasing a little but not taking it seriously (compared to Barbara who was hitting us over the head with the act).

Vanessa:  Good job but what's with all the giggling?  It's a little over-the-top.  Maks sure is a pill in rehearsal.  I didn't like all the troupe at the beginning - she got a little lost, especially with the black pants and the black background.  Agree with the scores.

Terrell:  He thinks he's sexy and she's telling him to put on deodorant?   Okayyyyy.  He did pretty good but there was no bounce.  It was more of a walkthrough-with-attitude.  Agree with the scores including just one 7.

Lindsey:  Gorgeous legs!  That was fast and loaded with content. Did she really kick herself in the head with that back kick?  I don't know what more she could have done. Underscored.

Frankie:  Entertaining but wasn't that supposed to be a cha cha?  Are the assigned dances now merely a suggestion?  Sure, it was fun to watch but it seemed more hip hop than cha cha.  Scores should have been 6s and maybe one 7.

Sorry to see Debbie go.  Would have rather said goodbye to Nick which would have had the secondary advantage of putting an end to the married couple nonsense.

Edited by Uke
  • Love 2

Frankie is just so great to watch. He has a healthy attitude about the whole thing, and I love that he's putting all his heart and soul into this. And unlike Terrell's bad edit/bad comment last night about Barbara, Frankie's comment about sending the less serious contenders home was all in good fun. Plus, that dance was just fantastic, especially for a non-dancer. I'd like to think that he easily slides into the finale, as long as the votes are still there. Well deserved 9, and the first of the season. I think Frankie's dances are the only ones I find myself truly invested in. All the others are good, but Frankie just has that spark that draws me to him while he dances. I think it's because I just don't expect it from him, and he just brings it. Hard work does pay off. All my votes after tonight will probably just go to Frankie, unless there's another dance that captures my attention. 

I'm sad about Debbie/Alan leaving. Alan's first year as a pro and he gets eliminated week 2. I think that Debbie wasn't all that bad and she really was working hard. I was kind of rooting for Terrell or Nick to go this week, and I actually like Nick. I do think this season is filled with contestants with potential, so Debbie just got lost in the middle of the pack. 

Yeah, Vanessa does need to shut it with the Mommy thing. Is that all she's known for? I guess they really don't have another angle for her. She doesn't have her sob story about being paralyzed for 10 years, or having back injuries, or having a family member who's a huge fan of the show. I guess the married shtick isn't enough. She's a good dancer, but the angle she has is almost as irritating as Barbara's Keo obsession, and at least Barbara is gone now. We'll be stuck with Vanessa for a few more weeks, I imagine.

Lindsey stepped it up tonight. I thought last night's dance was just so-so, but this week, there was a little more to it, and I enjoyed it. 

I missed the first half of the episode so I missed several of the other dances. I will have to rewatch and come back to comment on them.

• Love 2

So how did Frankie get the first nine of the season??  Jordan's Samba is one of the best I have seen since Jr & Karina.  I was shocked that he did not get at least one nine.  And thank heavens Lindsey was not underscored tonight.  Her dance was awesome as well.

• Love 2

Erin must have really, really pissed off wardrobe. She looked ridiculously bad. 

Add me to the Frankie train. He does need a big boy haircut though, right now he's looking like Mommy combed his hair for his school pictures. His attitude is so refreshing though, he seems so genuine. 

• Love 6

IDK, but this season is turning into season 24 part 2.

Women dropping like flies, while mediocre forgettable male celebs (Nick, Derek, Terrell, Drew) are hanging on for dear life. 

Terrell was rude to his pro and a fellow celeb in his package and had a crappy dance and still survived, yet if a woman did that she would've been saying her goodbyes tonight.

Meanwhile you have Frankie getting a 9 (first one too) over Lindsey who, IMO, had the best dance of the night and even Jordan (more on that after) who were obviously better.

Jordan is my other problem. Last season we had female ringers of all varying degrees (gymnast, girl group/singer, figure skater, and prior pro dancer) and they all to some degree got hate and backlash, all eliminated too early for having a dance background, yet not one SINGLE peep about Jordan who obviously is VERY trained. No one styles his hands and spins like that who has no training. Yet the fans and judges are not treating him any different but by god if that was a woman celeb; "it's unfair, she can move, she has experience, why is she on the show, etc".

It's part of why I will never ever support a male celeb, they do almost nothing and get away with everything.

• Love 8

Jordan is still the best technical dancer, or at least the one with the most background experience. That said, I'm glad Frankie got the first 9 of the season. That is less predictable when considering Week 1, where Frankie was in the middle of the pack, and the top two were Jordan and Lindsey. 

My predicted Top 4 will include Jordan, Lindsey, and Frankie for sure, and for the 4th I am not sure. The best technical dancer besides those three is Vanessa, but she could get a Sabrina-type early boot. Otherwise, I think Victoria or Sasha may possibly round it out. Or, perhaps Drew in a David Ross type of fashion if he continues to improve.

Not surprised Debbie went out of those two, because I think if it had been Nick they would have put Vanessa in the false bottom two.

I think next week's elimination will either be TO or Nikki.

Edited by madpsych78
Add next week's prediction.
7 minutes ago, smiley13 said:

So how did Frankie get the first nine of the season??  Jordan's Samba is one of the best I have seen since Jr & Karina.  I was shocked that he did not get at least one nine.  And thank heavens Lindsey was not underscored tonight.  Her dance was awesome as well.

Jordan's a ringer - it's obvious he's had professional dance training.  Frankie is the type of contestant the DWTS audience love to root for - the surprise breakout.

Edited by escape
  • Love 12
6 minutes ago, smiley13 said:

Because this is reality show that needs a good story and the guy with no dance experience/underdog/surprise of the season coming out and besting the ringery folks for the first 9 of the season is a good story.  I'm not saying I agree or disagree but that one point is not going to send Jordan home so it's not a big deal.  It is better for Jordan in the long run to not be at the top of the leaderboard every week, at least from a fan voting perspective.  There needs to be an arc IMO.

• Love 8
9 minutes ago, Uke said:

Would have rather said goodbye to Nick which would have had the secondary advantage of putting an end to the married couple nonsense.

Wishful thinking. They're not going to let that gimmick die three episodes into the season. 

... though maybe they should.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, McManda said:

Wishful thinking. They're not going to let that gimmick die three episodes into the season. 

... though maybe they should.

There's a joke here about a dead horse and Nikki Bella punching the hell out of it but I can't quite get there. 

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 6
7 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Erin must have really, really pissed off wardrobe. She looked ridiculously bad. 

Maybe they searched the ABC storage rooms and found the Mrs. Roper costumes from Three's Company. 

• Love 22
30 minutes ago, Emily-D said:

Still can’t stand Vanessa, right now I think the top four is looking nailed. Frankie, Victoria, Jordan and Lindsey in any order.

I do not think the Top 4 is nailed as yet. I think Jordan will be there and Frankie if he can keep it up.  Probably Lindsey S.  The fourth spot is more of a question mark. I do not think Victoria is a lock at all. She is a possibility to make the finals, but I think consistency might be an issue with her and unless the show is going to harp on her story every week she might fade into the background. I thought she mostly faded into the pack tonight except for when they singled her out for her bday.

Edited by spanana
  • Love 2

I guess we can officially stop calling Frankie the "dark horse" because I think he made it clear tonight that he wants to win this thing. Don't think he will but I am enjoying him and like others have said, he's making Witney likable this season. Largely because she seems genuinely engaged and excited for the season.

I continue to be baffled by the Vanessa love from the judges but whatever. Also, can someone tell Maks that it is okay to do a dance without taking ten years to actually get started? Every dance Vanessa has done so far has had some annoying fluff at the start. Like get on with it already. 

Lindsay and Jordan continue to be really good but I felt like Lindsay seemed a little unsteady at times in the dance, probably owing to how fast it was. Meanwhile Jordan had a few moments where his steps were a bit too lyrical. Both still really good dances though.

Not surprised that Debbie was eliminated. Sucks for Alan because she was a decent dancer and he did well but sometimes that's just the way the cookie crumbles. If viewers were like me then my guess is they probably just forgot she was even there. I know I did. When they announced who was in jeopardy, I knew immediately it would be her because when they said her name, I realized I'd forgotten about her again. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

Yeah, Frankie! That dance was FUN :D! He was talking last night about trying to work out his back issues...well, clearly, whatever he's doing is working quite well, 'cause he had some great moves tonight. 

I also loved Lindsay and Mark's dance. They did so well at keeping in sync and getting the timing and rhythm down. 

Kinda thought Nick might go over Debbie tonight, but I'm not surprised they were both in the bottom two. Unless Nick improves, I could see him being the next one to go. 

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Emily-D said:

Frankie’s going to the finals and could genuinely win, he’s so likeable! Who on earth is voting for Terrell? While yesterday I gave most of my votes to Frankie, I gave the majority of my votes to Nikki tonight because I felt so bad for her being scored lower than Terrell. Still can’t stand Vanessa, right now I think the top four is looking nailed. Frankie, Victoria, Jordan and Lindsey in any order.

Terrell has Cheryl and I think she has a lot of fans.  Allan is a new pro and couldn't add that much to Debbie's fan base.   It's a tough season because almost all the pros have their set of fans and most of the contestant stars are decent dancers. I've no idea who would go next. 

• Love 2

This season is so bland, while there are some partnerships I really enjoy, as a whole I cannot connect with this cast at all.

Lindsay and Jordan are my favorites and I’ll be voting for them to win. He’s definitely what she’s needed.

I love Mark and I’m so happy he’s back but don’t really care for his partner.

Vanessa is such a pleasant surprise, I didn’t know she had so much personality! I love her with Maks and it looks like he’s bringing out his good choreo for her. I would love to see her in the finals and perhaps win it all.

Frankie and Whitney’s cha cha was amazing and definitely the dance of the night.

The rest I barely paid attention to.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

Terrell has Cheryl and I think she has a lot of fans.  Allan is a new pro and couldn't add that much to Debbie's fan base.   It's a tough season because almost all the pros have their set of fans and most of the contestant stars are decent dancers. I've no idea who would go next. 

I didn’t take that into account to be fair. I just found/find it strange because he comes off as an arrogant turn off IMO and not someone I’d be inclined to pick up the phone and vote for but each to their own. In terms of next elimination I’m just as stumped as you. I’m assume Nikki’s in the most danger because she’s at the bottom and has to make the ground up on votes plus she got the death spot in the running order. I keep forgetting about Sasha which isn’t a good sign if Debbie is anything to go by, but her scores are getting padded. 

27 minutes ago, spanana said:

I do not think the Top 4 is nailed as yet. I think Jordan will be there and Frankie if he can keep it up.  Probably Lindsey S.  The fourth spot is more of a question mark. I do not think Victoria is a lock at all. She is a possibility to make the finals, but I think consistency might be an issue with her and unless the show is going to harp on her story every week she might fade into the background. I thought she mostly faded into the pack tonight except for when they singled her out for her bday.

Just wait until Most Memorable Year week. That’ll nail it when Victoria is the last dance of the night with the emotional contemporary describing her fighting journey and road to recovery. Plus she can dance, Val just screwed her this week with bad choreography. It wasn’t a rumba as Len said!

We didn't have to sit through another married couple joint interview again but could Vanessa can it with the ridiculous Mommy stuff? No one cares! Women have been having babies for centuries! You're not some Sooper Speshul Mommy because you popped a kid out. Damn, woman. Do you not have an identity outside of that?

OMG! Yes! I came here to say pretty much the same thing!

Other than that, Jordan continues to be awesome.  Sasha is much improved and seems to be coming into her own.  Drew looked smoother and less gangly.  I liked Vanessa's dance (though didn't love the costume).  Lindsey S. is great, but I'm still not exactly rooting for her for reasons I haven't figured out yet.  There is something about her movement that I don't quite love

And most of this. I didn't quite like Vanessa's dance and those pants were awful!

I didn't see Nick and Peta because the smoke detector went off and I had to go turn the oven off and fan the smoke detector to stop because my sister is an idiot. But I think it's coming as a bit of a shock to him that he was the "sexy/handsome/star" brother and now he may go home early and his not so "sexy/handsome/star" brother won season 2. But it was part of Drew's charm that won him the mirrorball. I am not a boy-band fan, I'm much too old for that, boy bands in my day were the Beatles, the Who and so very many others. And I really only know who Nick is because Drew won season 2.

I am enjoying Frankie's dancing, it's a lot like when Drew won season 2. A come from behind, non dancer that has charm, fun, is successful at learning what he is being taught. I knew his name, but I've never seen anything he has acted in and I don't follow racing. 

I don't always care for the ringer, but sometimes, the person overcomes that and I think Jordan is a charming young man. I didn't know who he was either. But he takes instruction and criticism well. Len pointed out the shoe thing and I was taken back to the Master P period when Len was highly critical of his shoe choices and he did not take that criticism well.

I liked Lindsey better tonight, she is a lovely young woman with good skills and good work ethic.  She will go far. And Mark's hair looks kind of cute from the front, but when we get the side view, I just can't.

Sasha was lovely tonight and I found myself pulling for her.

And no one at this level should have to be told to shower and change clothes and use deodorant. My sister has to be told but she is a drug addict and hoarder and I think her mind is going. But from the little I know, Terrell was a pretty big name in football.

I am trying to let every season and every contestant find their own way to impress me or not. Last season, I really liked Nancy and was rooting for her, but I was rather lonely in that spot. 

Edited by friendperidot
I know the difference between to, too and two
  • Love 4

Lindsay and Jordan get my vote. It’s clear he’s had training but the kid is charismatic, seems like a hard worker, and has a good partnership with Lindsay. I’d rather see him kill it every week over someone like Nick Lachey who really seems like he’d rather be anywhere else. Plus, I really do think Lindsay is a great choreographer and she’s come real close to winning with guys who were far worse dancers. I’m hoping this is her year. 

Frankie has been a pleasant surprise and a real joy to watch. And he’s made Whitney bearable (though I wasn’t a fan even back in her SYTYCD days). I thought for sure Jordan would get at least one 9 so when he didn’t, I thought week 2 would be too early to bring them out and then Frankie gets one. 

Admittedly, I only watch HGTV in my dentist’s waiting room but has Drew always had his teeth/mouth dominate his facial real estate? I read he’s already lost something like 30 pounds since he started prepping for the show but his face almost looks guant. Has it always been like that? That said, he and Emma have a good friendship and he’s improving each week!

I’m glad Alan got a shot at being a pro after subbing for Maks last season. I hope he gets another one soon. I’m surprised at the Debbie elimination but she wouldn’t have made it further than middle of the pack. 

Last thing: I do not see what the judges are seeing with Vanessa. Glad to know I’m not alone. 

Edited by UGAmp
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, UGAmp said:

Lindsay and Jordan get my vote. It’s clear he’s had training but

My biggest issue with the male ringers, they get excused for a variety of things, but last season with Simone, with Normani, with Heather, and even Nancy, it was "it's clear she's had training.......and i'm not ok with that or why is she on the show, she's had a dance background, or of course she's good she's a dancer it's boring, yet the men usually get "it's clear he's had training BUT" 

A woman is never gonna win again for those reasons, so sad.

• Love 1

For some reason im not connecting to Lindsay S. either. She is great dancer but i find her very bland and I didnt care for marks choreography with her either. It seems like he is really making his dances with her very bland and childlike almost.

Jordan and Lindsay Samba was off the chain good, thats all I got. One of the best sambas ever.

Frankie, Frankie, Frankie. Who would have thought Frankie and Bruno Mars would create magic on dwts but they did. He is on his way to finals if keep going like this.

Vanessa may be my favorite female this season, even though I agree she needs to hush it with the Mommy talk but I get it. She has pretty much devoted her life to being a mommy and wife so she kinda lost her own identity. I know plenty of women like that. I think doing this show is good for her and will help become more independent and focused on a new identity.

I really like Sasha and people can be so cruel but that is life. I thought she was more confident tonight and had fun, so good for her. I really want her to remain on the show for awhile because I want see her weight transformation. I love seeing people body transform being on this show.

I think Val "times have change " comment was stupid. Yes the danceworld has changed and its all kinds of ways u can be innovative with your dances but that had zero rumba content in it and on top of that  they had zero chemistry and I hated her outfit.

• Love 3

A pretty lackluster night. I think the judges seemed like they had a tipple. Bruno falls off his chair, not CA! Something wrong there .lol

Debbie was good tonight, she's 47 and showed more enthusiasm than a couple of them, Alan is a very good teacher/choreographer. Sad to see him leave so early. Vanessa made a couple of mistakes and the judges said nothing, her giggling is bit much.

Mark and Lindsey were excellent, tons of content, methinks they are doing well in the voting. Dang, the dances are so short though, especially if they mess around at the start, I'll say again, we don't need three judges all yapping , all the time. More dancing, less judging. Val, don't be an @ss like your brother and talk back to Len. Thankyou! .

It was a sexy Latin night, and Erin didn't get the memo! 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

My biggest issue with the male ringers, they get excused for a variety of things, but last season with Simone, with Normani, with Heather, and even Nancy, it was "it's clear she's had training.......and i'm not ok with that or why is she on the show, she's had a dance background, or of course she's good she's a dancer it's boring, yet the men usually get "it's clear he's had training BUT" 

A woman is never gonna win again for those reasons, so sad.

I agree with this and I have said so many times. The women r treated way differently than the men on the show overall.  I do believe because the majority of viewers r horny middle age women who rather see a dude being confident and great dancer than a woman. How the women were treated last season was disgusting and almost made me not want to watch this season.

• Love 2

Frankie is really surprising me, in a very good way.  

I can't stand the husbands and wives aspect.  Did anyone notice Nick's hand on Peta's ass?   And could her bottom be any briefer?   She was a quarter of an inch from showing her frontal lady bits. 

I didn't know that Sasha's parents were/are acrobatic dancers.  I read that in her biography. 

Edited by KLovestoShop

I love how Jordan is respectful and complimentary to Lindsay. If they were going to pull out the nines this early, I thought he deserved at least one, that dance was great!

What the hell was Erin wearing tonight?! I kept thinking that she was holding both hands in front of herself because she was worried about a wardrobe malfunction.

Was anybody else distracted by Peta's midsection? She doesn't look healthy. 

Loving Frankie's enthusiasm and desire to be there. The nine was a bit generous, though.

Victoria has an incredible story, but that can only get her so far--she was struggling with leg placement both last night and tonight.

Sorry to see Debbie go, I thought Alan was doing a great job with her and was hoping she would at least make it a few more weeks.

• Love 4

Dang it, I can't find the post I wanted to respond to but it had to do with Len saying "what?" during his comments as if encouraging the boos. Unfortunately, I think he has come to expect them, and is waiting for them so that he can let them do it and then say what he needs to say after the booing is over.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, spanana said:

While I do think the women and men are treated differently on this show and the women have it harder, I think it is VERY premature to claim that a woman is never going to win again when it's S25 and a woman last won in S23.  It hasn't even been a full year. Then before that both S20 and S21 were won by women.  There have been 13 female winners to 11 male winners...so while there are double standards this isn't really a show to pull that a woman never wins. 

I will also reiterate what was said earlier that very few male ringers have won.  Very few ringers have won period, but more female ringers have won than male ringers.  Outside of Alfonso, what male ringer has won?  

I get being unhappy with the way the women were treated last season but the best dancers don't always win.  That has been a given since season 1 when Kelly Monaco won. Normani not winning last season and Heather getting an early boot due to Maks and his crappy choreography, does not a pattern make. 

I also think it's naive to look at a celeb without looking at who their partner was that season and how the audience feels about said pro.  Val was coming off a win last season so fans weren't exactly itching to give him his third trophy in 5 seasons.  Whereas Rashad was paired with someone who mostly got crappy partners and who had never had a real shot at the trophy before, and people responded to that. Jordan IMO is benefitting from having a pro that hasn't won and people are ready to see win.  

People can support who they want to support. Calling into question every person that says that want to support Jordan because Normani didn't win last season isn't cool either. Nobody has to explain their rationale for who they like/don't like/vote for season to season.

I know that plenty of women have won, but look at how many times a female top 2 occurred. Only 2 times (Melissa/Shawn, Amy/Meryl), every other season even if a woman did or didn't win, the top 2 was two men or a man and a woman. That alone shows how the audience favors men, even if a woman takes it. But with the way the show has gone last season and so far this season, it's like saying if you're a good female celeb that can dance well, there's hate and negativity or weird comments like "I just can't get into her, etc", the stuff spewed across all boards and social media about how unfair it was to have 4 female ringers was ridiculous because none of them even made the top 2 or won, any time a female ringer has won it's because they are extremely popular (Kristi, Meryl, Laurie) or they had a very popular pro (Amber, Kellie, Nicole).

My cry isn't really that male ringers win, it's mostly in that no one seems to give a crap that they have had years of training and spew hatred and call fore them to get kicked off or that they are being overscored. The pro angle is workable in some scenarios, but it's not like people were itching for a Witney win on her second season. 

Jordan is good, i'm not blind, but it irks me to no end each time he dances that very few people call him a ringer and that it's unfair ; especially in this cast where he really is the only ringer, and it's just "he's so good, etc, etc". Yet I remember a large majority after every Normani dance or Heather dance "god they need to stop salivating over her; of course she's good, she has a dance background, enough!; I hope she goes home soon cause it's not fair she's in the cast". If there's some backlash at some point, I'll gladly welcome it and love the change in pace of a male ringer getting backlash, because it really is only fair especially after last season's slaughter of the female celebs. As a fan of each one last season it was a tough season to manage through watching your favorite get continually eliminated.

3 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

Heather dance "god they need to stop salivating over her; of course she's good, she has a dance background

Heather got  a lot of grief because she was a backup dancer to Beyonce and was originally hired on Glee to choreograph. In most people's eyes, including mine, she is a professional dancer and as such should not have been on this show.

• Love 10

Erin's outfits, 99% of the time, are terrible. I don't get it, she's young, tall, good looking, has a nice figure, and they dress her in the most bizarre, unflattering outfits. She also had way too much make-up on tonight.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, marykat71702 said:

Heather got  a lot of grief because she was a backup dancer to Beyonce and was originally hired on Glee to choreograph. In most people's eyes, including mine, she is a professional dancer and as such should not have been on this show.

But Heather and almost every other female ringer ever cast whether it's an ice skater, gymnast, backup dancer, or girl group member gets constant hatred and criticism at every turn and yet you've had male ringers like Charlie, Alfonso, and now Jordan who've had none or very little backlash or hatred in their direction from judges or fans.

6 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

I know that plenty of women have won, but look at how many times a female top 2 occurred. Only 2 times (Melissa/Shawn, Amy/Meryl), every other season even if a woman did or didn't win, the top 2 was two men or a man and a woman. That alone shows how the audience favors men, even if a woman takes it. But with the way the show has gone last season and so far this season, it's like saying if you're a good female celeb that can dance well, there's hate and negativity or weird comments like "I just can't get into her, etc", the stuff spewed across all boards and social media about how unfair it was to have 4 female ringers was ridiculous because none of them even made the top 2 or won, any time a female ringer has won it's because they are extremely popular (Kristi, Meryl, Laurie) or they had a very popular pro (Amber, Kellie, Nicole).

Bolding the first: As someone who made this comment a few times last season and got called out for it every. single. time, probably will this season and the season after that and the season after that, why the hell is that considered a weird comment? "I just can't get into her/him/them/it/whatever" is just what is says on the tin. There's something, sometimes you can name it and sometimes you can't, that just stops a connection between a viewer and a contestant. Sometimes you don't feel a person. But no, that can't be! It's because we... hate women? Favor men? Hate ringers until we love ringers? I don't even understand why that comment would either be considered weird or put together with hate and negativity.

Bolding the second: That's how this show works. Fans vote. Supposedly* the fan vote counts. Popularity means more fans voting for you. So I guess the lesson here is if you're a female ringer, make sure you have a humongous fan base before you go on the show. Insert every season's broken record about how this isn't a professional dance competition** but a popularity contest dressed up with sequins. 

* I say supposedly because unless you show me the real, unbiased numbers each and every show, I'll never believe that a production team isn't going to play with the numbers just a little bit. Also, I look fantastic in tinfoil hats when I sit on the grassy knoll.
** Heh, and here I was bitching about the unfair judging earlier. Just pointing out my own hypocritical-ness so no one else has to. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Bolding the first: As someone who made this comment a few times last season and got called out for it every. single. time, probably will this season and the season after that and the season after that, why the hell is that considered a weird comment? "I just can't get into her/him/them/it/whatever" is just what is says on the tin. There's something, sometimes you can name it and sometimes you can't, that just stops a connection between a viewer and a contestant. Sometimes you don't feel a person. But no, that can't be! It's because we... hate women? Favor men? Hate ringers until we love ringers? I don't even understand why that comment would either be considered weird or put together with hate and negativity.

Bolding the second: That's how this show works. Fans vote. Supposedly* the fan vote counts. Popularity means more fans voting for you. So I guess the lesson here is if you're a female ringer, make sure you have a humongous fan base before you go on the show. Insert every season's broken record about how this isn't a professional dance competition** but a popularity contest dressed up with sequins. 

* I say supposedly because unless you show me the real, unbiased numbers each and every show, I'll never believe that a production team isn't going to play with the numbers just a little bit. Also, I look fantastic in tinfoil hats when I sit on the grassy knoll.
** Heh, and here I was bitching about the unfair judging earlier. Just pointing out my own hypocritical-ness so no one else has to. 

In response to your first paragraph, I've said the same thing about Jordan; I can't support him/get into him because he's too trained and hasn't really spoken much about it. I don't mind ringers that are upfront or talk about it. But we're supposed to believe the man doing triple turns and articulating his hands and arms in a professional way is just a Disney kid turned Broadway actor? No. But when I say it, i'm hating on the men.

I have never once voted for or supported a male celeb to win, because 9 times out of 10, the woman is the better dancer and has to work ten times as hard to get the same score or better and the respect from fans that'll call out any bitchy look on their face or comment they make in a package or backstage, while the mediocre males like Nick, Derek, Terrell, or Drew are still here after 2 eliminations and also why someone as dull and boring as Bonner made it past Nancy AND Heather, just two weeks shy of the finals.

You wanna tell me a female celeb to make the same comments Terrell made in his package wouldn't result in this board filled with hatred and her probably saying her goodbye tonight? No, but he's a male celeb with an NFL backing so he's safe.

Edited by PBGamer89
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, PBGamer89 said:

In response to your first paragraph, I've said the same thing about Jordan; I can't support him/get into him because he's too trained and hasn't really spoken much about it. I don't mind ringers that are upfront or talk about it. But we're supposed to believe the man doing triple turns and articulating his hands and arms in a professional way is just a Disney kid turned Broadway actor? No. But when I say it, i'm hating on the men.

I have never once voted for or supported a male celeb to win, because 9 times out of 10, the woman is the better dancer and has to work ten times as hard to get the same score or better and the respect from fans that'll call out any bitchy look on their face or comment they make in a package or backstage, while the mediocre males like Nick, Derek, Terrell, or Drew are still here after 2 eliminations and also why someone as dull and boring as Bonner made it past Nancy AND Heather, just two weeks shy of the finals.

You wanna tell me a female celeb to make the same comments Terrell made in his package wouldn't result in this board filled with hatred and her probably saying her goodbye tonight? No, but he's a male celeb with an NFL backing so he's safe.

U see how they did tamar her season. They made sure make her very unlikable that val had to step in and go in on the producers. I know for certain they try their best to make the black female contestants as unlikable as possible, maybe is to why we only had one to win in 25 seasons. Thank God, they didnt try to sabatoge normani last season with the bad edits but people still was calling her cocky because she was confident and sexy instead of whining about crap that didnt matter. Im not even going to start on how they did poor simone, I mean I think it was bigtime manipulations going on last season because the producers didnt want the show to have three african americans in the finals so they chose simone as sacrificial lamb to be attacked each week on stupid stuff like not smiling enough or smiling too much.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

What's the point about debating the fan bases and perception of former contestants that aren't on this season? What happened happened. Nothing is going to change it. People are going to vote they want. They will every season. 

Thank you.  There's enough to talk about this season.

• Love 5