Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosted - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 1/10/2018 at 7:38 AM, April Bloodgate said:

Anyone else annoyed with how long they're taking to return to the initial alien abduction plot and Max's wife? These case of the week episodes aren't holding my interest all that well. 

Next episode news:

Fox has already released the synopsis for the next episode, titled “Hello Boys.” According to the synopsis, Max (Adam Scott) and Leroy (Craig Robinson) finally find a lead on the whereabouts of Agent Checker (Linc Hand)

Britt Lower also returns in the next episode as Max’s wife, Claire.

Is this show cancelled? It was originally scheduled to return on FOX on Sunday the 18th, but it looks like FOX has changed its mind and is now going to be airing the back half of the fifth season of "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" on Sunday nights between The Simpsons and Family Guy instead.

I wouldn't imagine FOX would go through the trouble of hiring a new show runner for the show and filming new episodes if they're not going to air them sometime, but this doesn't look good for the future of the show.

Edited by Phishbulb
  • Love 2

Is this show cancelled? It was originally scheduled to return on FOX on Sunday the 18th, but it looks like FOX has changed its mind and is now going to be airing the back half of the fifth season of "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" on Sunday nights between The Simpsons and Family Guy instead.

I like the show and think it has promise but it sure seems like FOX is killing it. And if Ghosted dying means Brooklyn Nine-Nine can live another year...well, I'll take that deal.

• Love 1
On 3/11/2018 at 12:00 PM, hendersonrocks said:

I like the show and think it has promise but it sure seems like FOX is killing it. And if Ghosted dying means Brooklyn Nine-Nine can live another year...well, I'll take that deal.

This statement almost ended up being ironic, then at the last minute, didn't!

I have not problem with a show that tries to do both suspense/mystery and humor, but it needs to succeed at at least one of them. Most of the jokes just don't land, and the suspense parts are often rushed through (this may be the half hour format really hurting them). It's too bad, I was hoping this show would be a "fun X-Files", especially since the X-Files is relaunch was neither fun, nor the X-Files, most of the time. Maybe the next show that tries this will have better luck?

• Love 1

That was super weird. The show was a sort of supernatural comedy/adventure, and now its some weird conspiracy? With no supernatural stuff? I spent both episodes really confused, like I wondered into another show somehow. 

My only real laugh was when the guy wrote and said the same things when everyone was talking about the weather and looking for bugs.

• Love 4

I am glad this show has been condensed into an "all episodes" thread - it feels like a good way to transition to its inevitable and much needed cancellation. I'm basically hate/curiosity watching at this point because I honestly can't remember seeing a show go off the rails so radically within a season. Free Adam Scott & Craig Robinson! 

• Love 1

Dear God, I actually wondered for awhile if this was supposed to be from an earlier part of the show, because Max going on about how stupid psychics are is just absolutely ridiculous at this point. I mean, aliens, monsters, alternate dimensions, succubus, and all kind of shit are totally real, and you've seen them yourself, but psychics? Now thats just silly! They even mentioned how weird it is after all of this. Sorry, this is just a huge pet peeve of mine, when people have seen all kinds of supernatural creatures and events, but refuse to believe in some other thing that makes as much sense as anything else that exists. Its like Scully saying how their must be a logical explanation for whatever weird shit was going on in The X Files every episode, even though literally every time its some weird supernatural thing. Not that everything has to exist just because some other stuff does, but it would sure as hell make ME more open minded. 

• Love 4

I'm going out on a limb to say..........I liked it  (ducks quickly)

Maybe their aim was to reboot the focus of the show a bit and this was the set up?  Of course I do want them to get back to chasing monsters/aliens/ghosts outside the office to mix things up and cut down on the talk, talk, talk but there's still something that was interesting in there.  Plus they got Charles Shaughnessy for pete's sake and looking as good as ever so even if this is a bit below him can we get another season just to keep him on our screens?

Fox is being weird about this show, burns off the episodes with no real advertising at a not so great day/time but still won't confirm the S2 status.  I feel like it's cancelled but they just won't come out and say it but there's that tiny part of me that sorta wishes they'd revamp it a bit, give it a good amount of advertising and just try another season.   

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/12/2018 at 12:35 AM, tennisgurl said:

That was super weird. The show was a sort of supernatural comedy/adventure, and now its some weird conspiracy? With no supernatural stuff? I spent both episodes really confused, like I wondered into another show somehow. 

Yeah, this was really an extreme makeover they did on the show. They've kind of abandoned the original premise of the show entirely. All the extreme talkiness and adding in all the extraneous "wacky" office employees does seem reminiscent of "The Office" (which makes sense as Paul "Toby" Lieberstein is now the executive producer). 

Some of the dialogue is intermittently funny, but the way the show is now almost entirely them sitting around the office talking endlessly makes things really dull. I get the impression this really was a budgetary decision and they had their effects budget cut pretty much to nothing.

The Futon Critic says the first season is 16 episodes, and this last one was episode 14 of the order, so there are still 2 more I guess, although FOX hasn't scheduled them yet.

Edited by Phishbulb
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Ms Lark said:

And officially cancelled: https://tvline.com/2018/06/28/ghosted-cancelled-season-2-fox-adam-scott/ Yanked from Sunday schedule and unsure whether final 3 eps will air. Took them long enough, but I think the handwriting was pretty much already on the wall. It's a shame, but they really screwed the show over.

I think there's actually only 2 more episodes, because episode 10 of the original 10 episode order was never shown on FOX.

According to Wikipedia:

Episode 10, titled "Hello Boys", was to be the winter finale broadcast January 14, 2018. Fox postponed this episode with 5 days notice to air with the rest of the extended season; however it was still streamed by Amazon on its originally intended release date.

I've never seen this episode surface online anywhere. Anyone see it?

Anyway, the episodes that have been shown in June were 11, 12, 13, and 14 of the additional six-episode order that was made to try to "retool" the show.

Which means episodes 15 and 16 are still unaired. 

(edited)
On 6/25/2018 at 12:38 PM, Phishbulb said:

They've kind of abandoned the original premise of the show entirely

Thank god it's cancelled.  Once they got stuck in the office every episode was like some endless SNL sketch where the actors are trying to  last minute improv for their lives and pad out a sketch that just had a concept without a real script.  Just awful.   Depressing and exhausting to watch since I liked it in its original form.

Edited by ratgirlagogo
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Since the psychic predicted that one of them would die, did that actually happen?

Nope. One of about thirty plot lines introduced over the course of the season that was abandoned without explanation. (Remember Dax Shepherd’s evil computer? Max’s wife? Max’s sexual tension with Annie? The cute kid of Leroy’s former partner? I mean, that’s just what I remember off the top of my head. Gracious.)

• Love 5

Yeah, the last episode started with a "previously on" recap that included scenes with Max's wife, which leads me to believe they were in some way going to try to resolve that storyline, but I don't know if we'll ever get to see the 2 remaining episodes now.

Fox will be showing episode 15 this Sunday, episode 16 next Sunday, and then the unaired episode 10 on Sunday the 22nd (which makes NO SENSE. Showing an unaired episode from earlier in the season after the season's over? FOX has repeatedly shown they don't really care about this show). 

• Love 3
On 7/5/2018 at 9:19 AM, Phishbulb said:

Fox will be showing episode 15 this Sunday, episode 16 next Sunday, and then the unaired episode 10 on Sunday the 22nd

Opposite Claws and $10,000 Pyramid -- I'll try to catch it on demand.  Maybe.

(edited)

TV Guide included Ghosted in it's ratings article noting the last episode scored a series low.  Gee, a show that's already been cancelled where Fox publically said they "weren't sure" if the last few episodes were going to air but suddenly did air with no real advertising or fanfare on a Sunday night in July....I wonder how in the world people could have missed that and the rating could have been low <eyeroll>   Only reason I caught it was I never took the show off the DVR

Edited by sigmaforce86
clarity
  • Love 3

The latest episode was total nonsense. They took the only two relationships that were any good and basically destroyed them. 

Talk about a 180 turn on Annie's character and Leroy's for that matter. Thank God this show has been cancelled.

What hot garbage.

• Love 7
16 hours ago, Jack Kerouac said:

The latest episode was total nonsense. They took the only two relationships that were any good and basically destroyed them. 

Talk about a 180 turn on Annie's character and Leroy's for that matter. Thank God this show has been cancelled.

What hot garbage.

I feel exactly the same. It's preposterous to say Annie had absolutely no feelings for Max. That's NOT what they actively showed us in the first half of the season. And I think Leroy cares far too much for Max to sleep with someone he knows Max is into. So not only did this show trash its production values and storytelling, it has now tanked its character development too. I can't think of another example of a show creating such garbage with such great actors. (I'm a huge fan of Adam Scott from basically everything, and I learned to really like Craig Robinson thanks to his role as Doug Judy on Brooklyn 99.)

• Love 9
(edited)

Series finale was tonight. It was okay -ended how you'd expect, on a cliffhanger with loose plot threads that will never be tied up.  

It really really felt like it was filmed before the second half of the season (wait, was the second half filmed separately, or did they seriously do all that on purpose?) I think we could have just skipped all the other episodes in the second half and just showed this last episode, and nothing storywise would have been lost. 

Edited by jamfly
  • Love 7
(edited)

The finale was decent and made me remember why I watched the show in the first place. At least it ended on a somewhat high note. I'm so annoyed Fox had to mess with this show in the first place and try and turn it into The Office. Bunch of moronic meddlers. 

Edited by jewel21
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, jamfly said:

It really really felt like it was filmed before the second half of the season (wait, was the second half filmed separately, or did they seriously do all that on purpose?) I think we could have just skipped all the other episodes in the second half and just showed this last episode, and nothing storywise would have been lost. 

Yes, this episode was the last one from the original showrunner (the 10th filmed). When FOX ordered six more, they demanded a new showrunner and new workplace-centered direction for the show, but they didn't show this one as the 10th (or back in January after the original 9), holding it until after the 6 under the new showrunner/direction had aired. Probably because they knew the "new" version of the show wasn't going to continue the storyline from this episode. It's likely more surprising that they bothered airing it at all.

Edited by TheOtherOne
  • Love 1

This last episode had more laughs and a more interesting story than the 6 new direction episodes combined. I liked when they kicked him in the head, ran over the body and the music they were playing while leaving.

• Love 1

Well, that last episode was the best they've had in weeks.  Obviously it was an old one, from before the show went to shit.  Agree that they should have completely dumped the new storyline and just had the 10 episodes, which were actually good.  The 6 new ones were stupid.

• Love 3

I on the other hand liked the 6 new ones more. But it is an interesting turn of events ... overal.

I really wanted to see the ending of the scene when Max met his future self and he told him "You are right about everything" !!

I agree with all said about Annie and her recent development - but made a solid point in a situation when you see people/relationships around you, that are in fact very differnt from what you think :)