Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E06: Models Off Duty

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, CaughtOnTape said:

Margarita did throw her model under the bus.  But she made me laugh when she was imitating Zac.  

"I didn't even write down a score. I just wrote 'garbage.'" That cracked me up too!

1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

Whenever I read articles about things like cotton stems in a vase at Hobby Lobby being offensive, I feel like starting a campaign about my pet peeve.  I am just under 5 feet tall.  Even Petite pants are too long for me.  So why doesn't the world understand that it's prejudicial against me and my kind that we have to hem EVERY pair of pants we buy?  I have no more control over my height than any of us have over our ethnic background.  The world needs to revolve around me and my feelings.

On more than one occasion, I bought pants or jeans that were allegedly capri length (on the model, they were just below her knee) but were the perfect ankle length on me! What sucks is when the pants are cut in such a way that simply lopping off the bottom 6-12 inches isn't enough because the shape needs to be altered too. 

• Love 11

As to Brandon's last week only looking good because of he had one of the more typical sized models, and Kentaro with the same thing this week, they are designing garments that are supposed to look good on that particular model's body type. That's the purpose of having variety. You don't design a garment that's supposed to look good on a size 16 and then put it on a size 2 for the runway, just as you don't design a size 2 garment for a size 14 model. Neither challenge was to design real-world looks that any woman could wear. Last week's challenge was to do a fashion take on Good v. Evil and this week's was to design a streetwear look for specific models.

I just don't get the criticism of, "well, that wouldn't look good on a different size woman." It's not supposed to. They are designing ready-to-wear garments adjustable to all sizes and shapes. If they had different sized models, they'd design different garments. Both Brandon and Kentaro have designed for the larger models and done it extremely well. 

This is what I admire about Kenya: she really seems to create clothes that flatter whichever body she is designing for that day.

I would be encouraged that Samantha is the only female designer to be aufed so far because I tire of reality competitions so frequently going to the white guy but with Kentaro and Brandon doing so well, I suspect a testosterone-edged finale.

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

On more than one occasion, I bought pants or jeans that were allegedly capri length (on the model, they were just below her knee) but were the perfect ankle length on me! What sucks is when the pants are cut in such a way that simply lopping off the bottom 6-12 inches isn't enough because the shape needs to be altered too. 

Another shorty here-4'11". "Petite" sizes are laughable; they're still several inches too long. I like capris, too, for the same reason. I weigh around 105 pounds (maybe less now since I just had bowel surgery 2 days ago) and it's really hard to find things that fit. I'm short, have a small waist, longish legs, short torso, but then have an ample chest and backside. I wear a women's size 5 in shoes, although sometimes I still have to stuff them. When I am wealthy, I am going to have shit made for me. 

I would like to see the designers do something for us "petites." It's hard fitting us-many of these designs only work because the model is tall and rail thin. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, mamadrama said:
4 hours ago, Beden said:

From what we've seen, Clair even calls her sister by the infantilizing nickname 'Shawnie', almost like she's a child but I haven't seen the reverse. 

She calls her sister "Clair-bear."

You're right-- I think I blocked it out. Both twins make my teeth hurt.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, mamadrama said:

Another shorty here-4'11". "Petite" sizes are laughable; they're still several inches too long. I like capris, too, for the same reason. I weigh around 105 pounds (maybe less now since I just had bowel surgery 2 days ago) and it's really hard to find things that fit. I'm short, have a small waist, longish legs, short torso, but then have an ample chest and backside. I wear a women's size 5 in shoes, although sometimes I still have to stuff them. When I am wealthy, I am going to have shit made for me. 

I would like to see the designers do something for us "petites." It's hard fitting us-many of these designs only work because the model is tall and rail thin. 

Same here! Due to having a booty, I learned that in order to fit my ass into pants, I had to buy pants that were too big in the waist which resulted in that annoying gap at the waistband (which is even more annoying when it's cold!).

I bought a wool coat from Land's End because their petite sizes are not just regular versions of their clothes with a few inches chopped off of the sleeves or pants. The customer service person said they tailor their petite sizes to be proportional (sometimes even using smaller buttons), which I appreciate. Since I'm short waisted AND short, sometimes the waist on a regular sized dress is several inches too low so it's not enough to hem the skirt because the proportions are totally out of whack on me!

10 minutes ago, Beden said:

You're right-- I think I blocked it out. Both twins make my teeth hurt.

They also make my ears hurt!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Whenever I read articles about things like cotton stems in a vase at Hobby Lobby being offensive, I feel like starting a campaign about my pet peeve.  I am just under 5 feet tall.  Even Petite pants are too long for me.  So why doesn't the world understand that it's prejudicial against me and my kind that we have to hem EVERY pair of pants we buy?  I have no more control over my height than any of us have over our ethnic background.  The world needs to revolve around me and my feelings.

I am just a little over 5 ft. I resent how it is assumed I'm also 80 years old because I'm short (seriously check out the petite department).  I also resent having to order short lengths online because they aren't in stores. Regular length fits me weird in the stride not legs so hemming isn't an easy fix. 

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Jaydeed said:

What a letdown! I expected something to come of a. the blatant copying and b. the ridiculous amount of help given. Nothing!

Seriously.  I kept waiting for someone (anyone!) to mention that Shawn's model's outfit was almost a replica of what she wore the first day.  Shawn has ZERO creativity and skills.  I was so hoping that Claire would get the boot so we could see her freak the hell out next week.  

Very, very  happy for Kentaro.  I just adore him and his outfit was wonderful and just so cool.  Good for him!

I feel for Samantha. I did not think her outfit was the worst. That honor belonged to either Margarita or Claire.  Despite what Nina said, I honestly loved that the crinoline was plaid and that you could see it peek out when the model sat down.

• Love 19

I think they need to define what they mean by "it's ok to help another contestant". Of course we have seen designers over the years helping out each other, mainly by giving opinions and they will even help with sewing, particularly if it's a team challenge. But the twins are OTT to the point that it is unfair. So you have 2 designers working on two outfits, it simply gives them an advantage. I personally don't think they should have both been selected for the show based on the fact that they are a designing pair. It's how they work. I either want them to both go home at the same time , or one of them get aufed because the other won't be far behind. I don't think they are capable of working independently. Shaun saws that Claire can't sew zippers. If she can't sew a zipper, she shouldn't be on the show, simple as that. 

As for the runway, I loled at Kenya's green nightmare. It reminded  of the 80s and not in a good way. The pants looked ill fitting in the waist. The designer who got aufed, eh, I was getting tired of her style. I had no idea that it had a name, Lolita. Whateves. I felt so bad for Margarita's model, she was so excited to work with Margarita, and what she made was such crap. Hopefully next week will be a double elimimination. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, backgroundnoise said:

Anaya's look was about as far from "streetwear" as a designer could get, and she should have been on the bottom for that, IMO.

It looked like a scene in a comedy, in which the clothing reflects the wearer's confusion.  It reminded me of the scene in Splash, when Tom Hanks' secretary was wearing her bra on the outside over her sweater.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Archery said:

Dear Kentaro, it is not racist to reference Africa in a sentence because "Africa" is not a derogatory term.  It is an actual place.  You are like those people who will say "a black person," but whisper "black" as if they're trying not to swear.  And you don't get a pass for being from Japan; bigotry is not solely an American cultural phenomenon.  Those prints and head wraps are not "costumes" -- people of great style and fashion sense wear them all around the world, and it's nice to have a non-Eurocentric POV every couple of seasons.

In other news, I was actually worried that Brandon's model would wipe out by stepping on one of those overly long pant-straps.  

To be fair, Bettani's look was very costume-y this week.

• Love 6

I love Lolita clothes. It's a great way to combine vintage,  goth, cowgirl, and princess. Also, as a short person, I find that Lolita clothes fit very well since they're made small (short) to begin with. I used to have to order mine from Japan but now more and more American designers are doing it. I will agree, however, that Samantha's dress was boring. The one she was wearing was better. I think she second guesses herself for the competition. 

With that being said, I STILL liked hers better than the black garbage bag outfit. I had to laugh, though, because the twin that made that (they blur together for me) said she wanted to make something that "hadn't been seen before." Bitch, one of you is making a sweatshirt or shorts for every single challenge. Please. 

On a rewatch...

Batani: Good dog in heaven...She actually managed to give her model fat rolls. 

Ayana: What was with the bathrobe? 

Brandon: Forgot his model's style was part of the challenge. 

Amy: Her clothes fall completely off my radar. I just finished watching and couldn't tell you what she made. 

Michael: He's just lucky that Liris can walk like Cleopatra on her barge. 

Other twin: She copied her own outfit and had her sister sew the rest. Yeah....

• Love 13

So much to say.

Samantha hit the nail on the head when she described Brandon's as being Star Wars nerd wear or something to that effect.  I have never seen any of those Star Wars films but I think they have those earthy, cream colored baggy garments that also seem very Kanye.  And I adore Brandon so I don't want to think of someone as sweet and humble as he and Kanye in the same thought.  It looks like he dyes his garments in tea.

I'm liking Michael more and more.  When his first iteration of his garment was shown, I was like, "Ugh--that looks like some kind of kitschy Native American wear" and then he bemoans, "It looks like bad Pocahontas cosplay."   But I didn't get any of that with the final runway garment so kudos to him for making it work.

So sick of Ayana.  That robe was a mess.  Where did she even get that horrible satin?!  If I were her model, I would've balked at wearing that shit.

I didn't care for Batani's either.  I'm all for pride in your heritage but that was too much.

Claire's would've been tolerable for me until she did those stank shorts.  She should've gone home.

I actually really like Shawn's but considering she didn't really complete it herself, no way she should've been in the top. Her model was SO cute though.

I adore Kenya and green is my favorite color but no.  Just no.

I guess I'm old and dated because I really like Magarita's.  Definitely got the Aaliyah inspiration and I guess that's what they hated about it.  And Margarita is no longer cool with me now that she pulled that shit on the runway.  Own your shit, Girl!

Where do I start with Kentaro?  I could watch a whole hour of him.  What did he say? "Beautiful, clean, modern homeless?"  BWAH.  Then, "It looks like mayonnaise."  And Michael's like, "Mayonnaise???"

I know Michael, I'm still trying to figure that one out too but I love it.  I'm so happy that he won this week--it wasn't even a contest.  But did he get immunity?  If not, that's bullshit.  He should've won something.

• Love 10
12 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Can we all agree that we're comfortable with the armchair diagnosis that they're co-dependent assholes?

You bet! They are just completely annoying, pretentious, co-dependent try-hards. They can't get off this show fast enough for me. In.Deed.

• Love 5

An irony is that Margarita's model made her clothes look really good in the photo shoot.  There was only so much she could do on the runway.  Margarita has been very ungracious throughout the talking heads and I don't quite know if it's her ego or lack of sophistication about reality Tv.  She might be talking herself down as well, but the worst, most personal comments aired are always about the other contestants.

Spoiler

In the preview, it looks like she's getting the loser edit and really amps up the obnoxious factor in the THs.  On the other hand, Shawn is very gracious about the other designers and is also complimentary of her model.

Edited by gingerormaryann
  • Love 3

I think the reason the judges aren't calling out the twins for helping each other is, time management is a component of being successful each week. A designer SHOULD be able to figure out how much time they can devote to helping someone, if they're so inclined. They should also be strong enough to say No, even to their own sister.

If Claire feels strongly enough that she shorted herself due to her demanding sister, she is the one who needs to throw a fit. That guest judge was exactly right: this is on Claire. 

The twins obviously have issues in differentiating their individuality. But they should have had help along the way. A friend of mine teaches and says that the parents of lots of twins do NOT want their kids in separate classrooms. As you might guess, a lot of these kids are enmeshed.

My identical twin grandsons (about to turn 3) are interesting to observe. They are able to say No to each other when they feel strongly. On the other hand, I have seen them independently suddenly grab the same kind of toy, or get up and race to another room, etc. without any apparent communication  or signaling. And they aren't talking much yet except for extensive Twin Language, which is REALLY odd. They go on for ages, cracking each other up, and none of us can understand a thing.

tl;dr: identical twins really kinda are one person in two bodies. They need a high level of awareness and guidance and willingness to become true individuals.

• Love 9
14 hours ago, gingerormaryann said:

I agree that Samantha should have stayed over Margarita since she at least designed something, but when you heard Zac and Nina both say that she's one note, you knew it was over.

Kentaro won when his model turned the corner. 

Nina does not dig Samantha's esthetic. She's dinged every one of Samantha's looks, nothing was going to win her. It was just a matter of time. That, combined with Samantha's self doubt. She seemed to freeze up at Mood and make bad choices in fabrics. Too bad, I like her. I thought her dress was really cute. 

13 hours ago, lyric said:

I love Kenya, but that ensemble was hideous.  It looked straight up 80s.  I mean, literally, like someone found it in the back of their mom's closet from the 80s.  It didn't look modernized to me - the cut of the pants, the waistband, the crazy petally stuff on the shirt, the color, the print - the whole mess gave me flashbacks.  Just awful.  I could not believe my ears when the judges were talking about how mysterious and chic it was... it was so tacky and dated. YMMV.

Yeah, the cheating episode hasn't happened yet - as someone mentioned upthread, I've been impatiently waiting to see Yolanda Hadid show up as the guest judge since that's when it all goes down, according to the preview from the season opener.

Shawn is pretty obnoxious with her sister - very entitled to her help, it seems.  Claire needs to nip that shit in the bud.  They seem really immature for their age - Shawn, in particular.

Kentaro is adorbs, and I still love Brandon's stuff - this week wasn't my favorite, but I find his stuff interesting and cool. 

I didn't mind the color of Kenya's--I like bold color and that green was certainly that! But I hated the vest, I thought it made it fussy and overdone. The waistband on the pants looked wonky too. But I loved the top. So kudos. I like Kenya and hope she goes far.

Kentaro is straight up presh and I love him. I don't get Brandon at all. He seems like a lovely person but I do not understand what he does. I like everyone except the twins. They think they are so fucking cute. Gag.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, jackjill89 said:

I am so disappointed that this was it. All the hype and nothing! I'm surprised nothing more was made of the design rip off or all the help. I don't think Shawn gets it at all. She thinks she is amazing. I don't think either one of them has an original design thought. Their stuff is basic crap that they think is cool and edgy and neither one has produced anything that isn't a variation on their basic crap theme. How in the world did they get on this show? 

It would be wonderful if Claire went home first, so Shawn could sink by herself.  

I need them both to leave very soon. I can't stand either one of them.

Kentaro is so adorable and very talented. I like his friendship with Brandon.

7 hours ago, mwell345 said:

What I am seeing going on with the twins is all wrong, and  I don't blame the other designers for being upset.  Shawn can't do zippers and hates waistbands, so Claire does them for her.   Shawn apparently helped herself to a piece of Claire's fabric without asking her first.  And it goes on and on.  Shawn makes a knock-off, even to the point of asking Mood if they have the same lace......and all Tim comes up with is - "she sewed her sisters pants", and Heidi says something like "they're allowed to help each other" and Tim says "she should have finisher her own design first"

Really, Tim - that's all you got?

The twins have taken "helping each other" to a whole new level above and beyond anything I have seen in past seasons.  It borders on collusion.  Kudos to the designer who said "I don't have a sister on Project Runway" but I wish she had said it to Tim or the judges.

Of course they "help" each other.  As much as one of them would like to win, a win for either of them is a win for both of them since they share a clothing line.  No other designer on the show is that fortunate.

And I'm sick of them bashing the other designs when they themselves are sending crap down the runway. Except when it's a knockoff.

I love Kintaro - glad he won, he deserved it. But the twins are ruining this show for me, with their  bad mouthing of everyone else's designs and their continual "helping" each other.  I miss the old days when Project Runway was really about design and execution -  and not whatever this version is about.

The twins drive me absolutely crazy, but what's even crazier is that Claire is still in the damn competition.  Her last two outfits have been HIDEOUS.  Just god awful. Now, I assume they've kept her around because they want the drama of next week's twin team, but I hope by the end of the episode that 1) they turn on each other like rabid dogs, and 2) Clair is out.  (And then without her help, Shawn is out soon after).  Quick question though: I could have sworn last week it was CLAIRE begging for Shawn's help?  Was that not the case? Either way, they rely on each other way more than contestants regularly do, so I am eager to see one without the other.  I hope SOON.

And although I am disappointed that Clair is still in, I am thrilled that Kentaro won.  His outfit was perfect.  Like perfect for the challenge, perfectly what the model/client wanted, and just really well-made and flattering.  His style is not usually what I like - but this look was by far the best in this challenge.  

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

The twins obviously have issues in differentiating their individuality. But they should have had help along the way. A friend of mine teaches and says that the parents of lots of twins do NOT want their kids in separate classrooms. As you might guess, a lot of these kids are enmeshed.

My neighbors have twins and they just began kindergarten.  I was shocked when they told me that both are in the same classroom because my son has been in the same elementary school & same grade with a set of identical twins that are never in the same class.  I didn't think the school even allowed it but I guess it depends upon how insistent the parents are about not separating.  I think if I had twins, I'd encourage individuality.

It really was anti-climatic to see the twins collaboration brought up in judging but not addressed with them directly.  I don't know why the other designers haven't called them out to their faces--this group is way too nice.

I just remembered, I LOL'd when Zac described the way the fit on Magarita's pants was bothering him.  He's no Michael Kors but he's damned close.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, millennium said:

I didn't detect the slightest trace of bigotry in Kentaro's statement.   He simply didn't want to offend anyone. 

Neither did I but it's kind of a weird thing to ask. Would saying the phrase "Japanese print" or "Asian print" be offensive? Would an African hesitate to say "Asian print" for fear of it being offensive?

hmmmmmm, maybe his worry was that he didn't know the specific country/region that inspired that print and he was worried that generalizing to all of Africa was the offensive part?

• Love 8

You're going to a rooftop in Brooklyn. "Ooooohh!" 

Seriously, it's BROOKLYN, not Paris or Tokyo. 

Most of them (I think) are not from New York--all they may know is that Brooklyn is supposed to be a hipster type of place.  At any rate, I'm assuming that they are all coached to have these over the top, enthusiastic reactions to the challenges--at least I hope so.

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

My neighbors have twins and they just began kindergarten.  I was shocked when they told me that both are in the same classroom because my son has been in the same elementary school & same grade with a set of identical twins that are never in the same class.  I didn't think the school even allowed it but I guess it depends upon how insistent the parents are about not separating.  I think if I had twins, I'd encourage individuality.

Some kids are ready and need to be separated, and some need to stay together. They are only 5 or 6. And it should be the parent's decision, not the school's. They know their children. Sorry to be on a soapbox about this, but my Mothers of Multiples fought to make it a state law that the parents have the final say. The schools within my district were not even consistent about twin placement. Some would separate twins solely because it was easier for THEM. That said, of course individuality should be encouraged. They are individuals, not clones. I've never refer to my twins as "the twins". Shawn and Claire's parents apparently never did this. 

34 minutes ago, shksabelle said:

You're going to a rooftop in Brooklyn. "Ooooohh!" 

Seriously, it's BROOKLYN, not Paris or Tokyo. 

The views on a Brooklyn rooftop are of Manhattan and can be pretty spectacular. The views on a Manhattan rooftop can be New Jersey or Brooklyn and not as scenic.

Edited by chitowngirl
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, chitowngirl said:

They are individuals, not clones. I've never refer to my twins as "the twins". Shawn and Claire's parents apparently never did this. 

I grew up with a pair of twins on my block. They were always just called Twin. Regardless for which one it was or even if they were together. Pretty awful now that I think about it. It was the late fifties, though.

Then, one of them accidentally sawed half his thumb off, and they were no longer identical!

• Love 4

I feel sorry for whichever designer draws Margarita's model from last night.  There are going to be some major fit issues trying to work around that knife she has stuck in her back.

I love Kentaro, and his garment last night was fabulous, but he really made me wince with the "homeless" bit.  Haven't we already been there, thinking that homelessness is an adorable jumping-off point for fashion?  I'm hoping it was just another language misunderstanding, but if not, that really isn't cute and winsome. 

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, carrps said:

I grew up with a pair of twins on my block. They were always just called Twin. Regardless for which one it was or even if they were together. Pretty awful now that I think about it. It was the late fifties, though.

Then, one of them accidentally sawed half his thumb off, and they were no longer identical!

A little extreme, but whatever works I guess, LOL!

• Love 2

Why not just dye your hair?

24 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

Neither did I but it's kind of a weird thing to ask. Would saying the phrase "Japanese print" or "Asian print" be offensive? Would an African hesitate to say "Asian print" for fear of it being offensive?

I was called racist by someone on another forum on this site for referring to a contestant on a show as being from Pakistan when I couldn't remember his name.  You never know what people will take offense to.

Kentaro has trouble with his English and has probably figured out it is better to ask than to say something in the wrong way.

• Love 17
8 hours ago, mwell345 said:

Edited to add:  And putting the twins together next week for a team challenge is wrong too.  All the other designers will have to deal with differences in style, personality, aesthetic, etc. But the twins share a freaking clothing line and work together outside the show. 

I think its great that they will work together next week. If their design is anything like what's on their website, they are sure to be in the bottom.

• Love 5

I think its great that they will work together next week. If their design is anything like what's on their website, they are sure to be in the bottom.

Oh, I am looking forward to it.  Judging from their behavior on this episode and the last one, they will either tear each other apart with mutual neediness and exasperation, or be giving each other high fives on their awesomeness.

Just how much older is Brandon's girlfriend?  I thought it was a little odd that he described her that way in his talking head.  (Not saying that there is anything wrong with her BEING older, just that it seemed an odd thing to highlight about her.)

So we are almost midway through the season and the only designer that I think definitely deserves to be in the finals is Kentaro.  I think that Brandon is a lock too., though I was quite disappointed that he made his same old same old this episode after having immunity and getting strong advice from the judges.  Not sure who designer number 3 will be.  Michael?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Lemur said:

Can we all agree that we're comfortable with the armchair diagnosis that they're co-dependent assholes?

I'll throw my online degrees from Dr Google and the Webmd School of Medicine into the ring and co-sign this.

• Love 12
48 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:

hmmmmmm, maybe his worry was that he didn't know the specific country/region that inspired that print and he was worried that generalizing to all of Africa was the offensive part?

Maybe he wasn't certain what would be considered offensive in this country and was just double checking.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I actually really like Shawn's but considering she didn't really complete it herself, no way she should've been in the top. Her model was SO cute though.

I also had a very large problem with the fact that--as mentioned by almost everyone on this site-- she didn't design it herself, just ripped off what her model showed up in that day. And, seriously, anyone who calls themselves a designer who can't sew in a zipper or a waistband needs remedial sewing lessons--that's 7th grade home ec stuff.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, SuburbanHangSuite said:

I feel terrible but this made me laugh.  Hard.  What does that say about me?!

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

A little extreme, but whatever works I guess, LOL!

1 hour ago, Sprockets said:

Are you absolutely sure it was an accident?  

You are awful people...I love you all!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, millennium said:

I didn't detect the slightest trace of bigotry in Kentaro's statement.   He simply didn't want to offend anyone. 

I agree - he was trying to get it right

i liked Samantha, but every time I looked at her hair I thought of the colored curled ribbon spilling  out over the tops of gift bags.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, sheetmoss said:

i liked Samantha, but every time I looked at her hair I thought of the colored curled ribbon spilling  out over the tops of gift bags.

Exactly!  It looked pretty and fun, but I wondered why it was on her head!  

• Love 1

Re the twins, I don't think their collaboration/help is having much effect, since I think they are both middle-of-the-road designers, at best.  But I still think that if Tim has an issue with who is doing what for whom, he should confront them to their faces in the workroom, not tattletale behind their backs to the judges. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, millennium said:

I agree. I also understand why he may not understand what may or may not be considered racist. First there's the cultural differences. Being from Japan he wants to clarify what is acceptable rather than offend. Second, even people of every race, born in the USA misunderstand the meaning of the word "racist". I have to start the year off with a lesson on racism with my students because they think anytime something is called "black" (i.e. black shoes, "He's black.", etc.) its racist. While racism in never a good thing, political correctness has also gotten to the point of ridiculousness.

• Love 22

The more I see of Kentaro, the more I like him. 

Ditto for Brandon.

I hate Hobby Lobby for the sign they have in their entrance that states they are closed on Sunday so that their employees can go do church.  Holier than thou, Much? everyone MUST be the SAME religion as they are? Lucky for them they operate in a country that (still) has religious freedom. I do not shop at Hobby Lobby, even when they are the only place here in the boondocks that has what I want - I refuse to have  my shopping dollars endorse their bigotry.

I hate the twins and their affected mannerisms - and their lack of talent - and their presumption that they have the right to create each other's garments...if both/either of them make it to the finale, I will not watch....it took a lot for me to come back and watch PR again - those two idiots are easily enough to have me close the door forever.

I was sorry to see Samantha go - I REALLY wish it had been one of the twins. I was surprised there was no Tim Gunn save invoked....maybe he is saving it for when Brandon or Kentaro has a really bad showing?

• Love 17
25 minutes ago, Snappy said:

While racism in never a good thing, political correctness has also gotten to the point of ridiculousness.

Yes indeed.  It feels like a game of "I'm more sensitive than you are."  Racism is a very important issue, and some people trivialize it by ascribing it to innocent remarks.  

2 minutes ago, becauseIsaidso said:

I hate Hobby Lobby for the sign they have in their entrance that states they are closed on Sunday so that their employees can go do church.  Holier than thou, Much? everyone MUST be the SAME religion as they are? Lucky for them they operate in a country that (still) has religious freedom.

I find that repulsive, as well.  Also, there are far too many crosses in their "Decorative stuff built from tropical rainforests" section for any self-respecting vampire to set foot in their store.  

• Love 11

That was a serious letdown. I was riding high, having thoroughly enjoyed all aspects of the episode right when suddenly it was the runway and judgment time. And then it was a big bag of "what the fuck" right up until the end. Super disappointing, but not surprising, and now I'm all bitter. I'm not even excited to see the twins emotionally tear each other down, using as many words as possible to do so. I'm just annoyed.

Speaking of words, Kentaro's interview moment didn't even register with me as a thing that happened until the comments here. I think it hit me as a moment in which a human being was trying to learn something, which I think is awesome, so it just melted into the fun of watching the show...until the end. I'd love for us to live in a world where we don't talk so much about how we say things, it's getting to be...inescapable in my world, apparently, if it's invading my overly-serious discussion of a nonsense reality show, and I need a break from it.

It was nice to see the models in still photographs (for a fraction of a second), but if we're doing Instagram I think we should really do Instagram- post that crap and see how many likes an outfit actually gets.

• Love 10