Type keyword(s) to search

S17.E09: Ashley

auntieminem
  • Start Topic

Ashley

Ashley was a child prodigy on the TaeKwonDo octagon, headed for international competition had she stayed the course. But when the haunting memory of childhood molestation caused her to turn to the numbing effects of drugs at the age of 15, her athletic career was pinned to the mat. Now 21, Ashley is deeply addicted to crack cocaine and IV opioids. As she and her girlfriend are evicted from their apartment for their disruptive fights, excessive drug use and partying, her family fears that, without an intervention, Ashley will disappear into the streets forever.

This one made me sad. Both Ashley and Katelyn, but especially Katelyn - what a sad, lost little girl she seemed to be.  I was hoping for an update on her at the end, I hope she stays clean. 

I'm pretty sure the redhaired one said something about "going (unintelligble) with my cat."  I think the story said that she moved in with an aunt after the eviction. She was still there packing up when they showed the cat. It would probably be better off with that heaven-sent uncle.

I'm getting bored with these episodes. It's lather-rinse-repeat. Child is molested. Parent denies story/refuses to act, etc. Child begins using.

There were a few good ones this year, like the guy who was addicted to hand sanitizer as well as the woman who worked for the rapper and was dually addicted with her mother. Now, it's a constant barrage of opiate addicts living at home with or close by to their enabling parents. (I am well aware it's epidemic but still ...)

Why all of the Canadian episodes? That interventionist on this episode looked like he needed an intervention with a bottle of shampoo!

• Love 1

Katelyn had only recently become an addict. She had not yet lost herself as badly as Ashley. 

I don't know whether a lot of these afflicts seem so beyond redemption due to the drugs  or because they just are beyond redemption.  Ashley seemed like a kid when she was in the beach with her uncle, but orally out of it otherwise. 

On 9/22/2017 at 11:52 PM, grisgris said:

he guy who was addicted to hand sanitizer

What????!!!!!  What did he do?  Constantly rub it all over himself - germaphobe?  I don't bother with many of these episodes (all pretty much alike) but that does sound different.

Why are so many people addicted these days?  Is life really that bad?  

2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

What????!!!!!  What did he do?  Constantly rub it all over himself - germaphobe?  I don't bother with many of these episodes (all pretty much alike) but that does sound different.

Why are so many people addicted these days?  Is life really that bad?  

He drank it.   Sometimes straight from the bottle, sometimes mixed with sodas or something.  It's a tough episode to watch without feeling nauseous.

• Love 2