Type keyword(s) to search

The Chew in the Media, and Ratings and Scheduling

(edited)

Thank you for  the summary of Clinton's Facebook chat! I saw that he was doing that but did not have the patience to finish reading it as it was going. I really appreciate your highlights reel!

Edited by jcbrown
to make it more clear what I was responding to
  • Love 3
(edited)

Thank you very much.  I'm not totally surprised that he doesn't keep in touch with Daphne.  Sometimes you keep in touch with people from work.  Other times you don't beyond maybe following each other on Facebook.  Carla, Michael and Clinton are all around the same age, married and have no children at home.  They also went the whole Mario thing together which could have bonded them in a unique way.

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Love 4
(edited)

No problem, jcbrown and Irlandesa!  You're very welcome.   When I saw how long the Facebook thread was and how many questions Clinton actually answered in that thread, albeit redundant ones, I felt compelled to pull the most interesting and/or important things from it!  lol

I forgot one other funny thing -- someone asked him something along the lines of, did he think that he and Jamie Lee Curtis would be friends, or a similar question.   Does everyone remember JLC's loopy appearance on The Chew 2 or 3 years ago?   It was one of the more controversial segments of The Chew, as a lot of viewers were very annoyed with her that she didn't seem to take her segment with Clinton very seriously.   (I found it entertaining because it was so awkward!  lol)

Anyway, Clinton didn't say much in response to the question other than to laugh and to snort, if I recall correctly.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

It was one of the more controversial segments of The Chew, as a lot of viewers were very annoyed with her that she didn't seem to take her segment with Clinton very seriously.   (I found it entertaining because it was so awkward!  lol)

I remember and I also liked it.  I think Clinton potentially learned from that interview because I think he has handled loopier guests much better.  He's less insistent on getting them to cook.  If they want to go off and do their thing, he throws thing together.  (Mario was good at that..) 

I remember laughing at people being upset because, if I recall, it was a very simple quick bread. 

15 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I keep forgetting to unfollow The Chew IG and they keep posting and weirdly trying to act like the shows are new. 

I have not watched the ones since the last new one aired but I assumed they were doing the thing they did last summer, where they tacked together bits of old shows and connected them with a bit of new introduction. I'm still in denial and catching up on a lot of older shows I had on TiVo that I had not yet watched.

5 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I have not watched the ones since the last new one aired but I assumed they were doing the thing they did last summer, where they tacked together bits of old shows and connected them with a bit of new introduction. I'm still in denial and catching up on a lot of older shows I had on TiVo that I had not yet watched.

I have only caught it’s occasionally but they aren’t even new intros.

I have watched this week's programs.  They do have new introductions and sometimes an ending.  They have been  wearing the same clothes for all the intros and made at least one joke about it.  One day they tried cooking pasta in Rose wine but couldn't taste a difference.

I have this show on sometimes in my office during the lunch hour and as much as I like the hosts and think they'd be so great to know and hang out with, Carla's yelling when she speaks is so awful and I have to mute the TV way too often so my co-workers don't get annoyed.  The frequency of my hitting the mute button tells me how often that dear Carla yells (same with the blasted screechy Rachel Dratch commercial on TV right now - haaaaaate it).