Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: If I Should Fall From Grace With God

• Start Topic

For Bunchy's sake, Ray is forced to step in and save Mickey from himself. Terry returns to LA with a devastating confession. Daryll and Mickey butt heads over the direction of their movie. Bunchy helps out a fellow inmate - on the condition that he'll help retrieve the settlement money. And one Donovan goes to extreme measures to protect the family.

Promo:

Clips:

• Love 1

This is the first time I noticed that Natalie and Bridget have a passing resemblance from a distance. I know it's mostly that their hair color is similar and Bridget is taller now than she was in the earlier seasons, but it made the Natalie/Ray sex scene even grosser to me. I don't know why he bothered to have sex with her since he didn't seem interested in it before, during, or after. I guess it was just habit since he can't turn down any vagina that's offered to him. I kept thinking that Natalie was going to tell him the baby was his.

Very sweet that Ray loves Avi so much that he set up this elaborate hoax to fool Frank into thinking he killed Avi, but he still can't verbalize how much Avi means to him, even when Avi is standing in front of him saying, "I love you, Ray - you're like a brother to me" before he disappears forever.

Bunchy just gets dumber with every episode. I know $1 million is a lot of money but he's going to trust the guy who robbed him enough that he's bailing him out? Gawd.

Mickey is about as stupid as he's always been, but now poor Darryl's been dragged into the whole Frank mess.

• Love 4

Was surprised that Terry ran out of the confessional before being given his penance; truthfully after the whole sexual exploitation they suffered through as children I'm surprised he went at all. 

I wonder if Ray is going to have consequences for him for assisting Abby's suicide. 

If Ray didn't change the sequence of who got the (hopefully) life saving surgery, then who did? I know, next episode. 

• Love 1

I guess Showtime requires some gratuitous sex even though it doesn't contribute to the story line at all.  The actress story-line is boring and I care less about her than I ever cared about the kids, which isn't much.

• Love 7

I am getting really bored with this show. They recycle plots.

How many times did Ray do underhanded things to bust his relatives out of jail: first Mickey and last night Bunchy. And how many murders has that family committed? The story is all over the place and sometimes hard to follow. 

I can't stand the actress who plays Natalie. She seems so generic and dull. But, at least this week gave us a break from Abby. And now Terry admits to helping Abby with assisted suicide? 

I watch this show now with one eye as I do other things, so maybe that is why I am sort of lost.  

ETA: the plot storylines are ridiculous

Edited by DakotaLavender
name changes
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Very sweet that Ray loves Avi so much that he set up this elaborate hoax to fool Frank into thinking he killed Avi, but he still can't verbalize how much Avi means to him, even when Avi is standing in front of him saying, "I love you, Ray - you're like a brother to me" before he disappears forever.

So the rift with Avi was because Avi got addicted to drugs when he was recovering from the beating the Russians gave him?  Maybe now that Darryl unfortunately took care of business we can have Avi back and a better explanation.

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

I wonder if Ray is going to have consequences for him for assisting Abby's suicide. 

Other than the knockdown punch?  I'm pretty sure I wasn't supposed to find that funny, but I did.  Terry was there...Terry was gone.

• Love 1

I thought it was considerate of that bullet to stop in the FBI guy's head and not go straight through into Mickey's face.

Bad juxtaposition, showing the "real" headshot after the "fake" one; rendered the second less convincing.

• Love 2

So Abby wants Ray to spend a last bit of quality time with her and the kids and he gets drunk and screws the actress neighbor instead.  Abby wants Terry to help her end her suffering and he does the compassionate thing.  So Ray decks Terry.  Okay, Ray.

• Love 7

Egads. I am dreading the next episode. I don't think I've ever felt this averse to watching RD based on the previews, but I don't think I can stomach that much Abby in one hour...especially not the crabby, cancer-stricken variety.

• Love 1

Yeesh, Mickey definitely has the luck of the Irish. Ray's probably going to have to kill him himself. If you want a job done right...

Wow, I didn't recognize Donald Faison at first. He looked like a young(er) Jeffrey Wright.

I hate that they had to ruin Avi so Ray would have to pretend to kill him. And would an FBI agent really be fooled by video trickery and CGI? Guess it doesn't matter now.

Darryl. His apple fell right near Mickey's dumbass tree. 

Maybe now that Darryl unfortunately took care of business we can have Avi back and a better explanation.

The DEA is also after Avi. He can't come back unless he cuts a deal and odds are the only deal they'll make is one where he gets two in the head.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
  • Love 1
On 9/25/2017 at 9:55 AM, Mindthinkr said:

Was surprised that Terry ran out of the confessional before being given his penance; truthfully after the whole sexual exploitation they suffered through as children I'm surprised he went at all. 

Was Terry abused?  I know Ray and Bunchy were but when did we find out that Terry was?

9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

The DEA is also after Avi. He can't come back unless he cuts a deal and odds are the only deal they'll make is one where he gets two in the head.

Who knows that Avi shot a DEA agent?  Frank said so?  He was looking for a way to cover his ass and now he's dead.

9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

And would an FBI agent really be fooled by video trickery and CGI? Guess it doesn't matter now.

Dumb ass Frank would be.  And that's why he's dead.

On 9/26/2017 at 11:53 AM, Dobian said:

So Abby wants Ray to spend a last bit of quality time with her and the kids and he gets drunk and screws the actress neighbor instead.  Abby wants Terry to help her end her suffering and he does the compassionate thing.  So Ray decks Terry.  Okay, Ray.

It makes sense...to Ray and that is all that matters.  We are looking in on him and all of his messes.

On 9/25/2017 at 9:55 AM, Mindthinkr said:

If Ray didn't change the sequence of who got the (hopefully) life saving surgery, then who did? I know, next episode. 

I thought Ray did have a hand in the study participants.

He went back to the doctor's office and that's all we know right now but it looks like there was definite manipulation.  Why do you think Terry is so upset?  She had a chance (yes, a manufactured chance) and she said no to it and worse, Terry helped her end it.

16 hours ago, Puddy said:

Was Terry abused?  I know Ray and Bunchy were but when did we find out that Terry was?

I think in season 1 we learned that Terry punched the priest. I don't recall whether it was the first time the priest tried touching him, or after one or several times.

• Love 1

I just don't care anymore. I mean Liev Schreiber is a hell of an actor (Eddie Marsan too for that matter) but everyone involved with this show, especially the writers, should hang their heads in shame over this last season. They've taken every good thing about this show and stuck it as far in the background as possible, while doing the exact opposite with all the negative things. It reeks of a show that the cast continues to do because it probably takes them a couple months of easy work to film for a nice payday. It's utter drivel at this point.

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 1:58 PM, Loandbehold said:

I think in season 1 we learned that Terry punched the priest. I don't recall whether it was the first time the priest tried touching him, or after one or several times.

That information, I believe, came from Bunchy.  We were left with the impression that it was the first time the priest tried anything, but I'm not sure it's ever been confirmed by Terry.  He may be like Ray, and just not talk about it.

Eddie Marsan always guts me on this show.  I can't believe he's never gotten an Emmy or Golden Globe.  Terry and Bunchy loved Abby so much, and Abby was always so good to them.  It was one of the aspects I appreciated most about the show.  I know everyone seems to love the case of the week stories, and Ray kicking ass and killing people, but it's always been about the Donovan family for me.

• Love 2
On 10/10/2017 at 11:59 AM, RedheadZombie said:

Terry and Bunchy loved Abby so much, and Abby was always so good to them.  It was one of the aspects I appreciated most about the show. 

ITA - and it was clear that Abby and Terry had a very good relationship even before they threw in that subplot last season (or the one before that?). I know in some families, the in-laws are just people your spouse is related to, but it was clear from the beginning that Abby, Terry, and Bunchy loved each other. It's always the immediate family (spouse and kids) who get flowers and sympathy when someone dies but I have no doubt that Abby's death was just as hard on Terry and Bunchy as it was on Ray, Bridget, and Connah. 

• Love 3

I agree too.  I loathed Abby but she got along with Ray's family (even though they are shits) and they loved her.  Remember at the beginning?  Ray told her to not let the lion (Mickey) in and she was sneaking behind Ray's back and letting the kids see Micky.  That sticks with me through every episode.  Ray's chaotic life was what it was but when Mickey got out of jail early, that amped up the chaos for all of them - even the good ones - but they didn't know it.