Type keyword(s) to search

Cahill, Palmer , or Somebody New for Riggs

Since this seems to be a popular topic among many fans and each side being vocal lol I wondered in the previously tv Lethal Weapon fans who yiu all would like to see him with and why ? For  me I like the dynamics between Riggs and Cahill so I'm choosing Cahill ??I think Cahill understands him the best and whoever these two scare scenes I just want to see them kiss ?so I'm shipping Riggs & Cahill ! 

• Love 1

The ethical quagmire of a therapist having a relationship with a patient puts me off Cahill completely.  The fact that the actress fits into the brittle, RBF, anorexic-looking mode of Katie Cassidy and Abigail Spencer puts me off too, but chacun a son gout!

Edited by AES13
  • Love 2

My first time posting here and I'm going with Cahill purely based on the natural chemistry, it doesn't seem forced when these two are on my screen. The writers seem to just tease this pairing. But when they actually really want to build toward that something has to happen for her to stop treating him, and just being his friend, and colleague. and more.  I would love to see them  explore that relationship.

Edited by Zen
On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 1:31 PM, AES13 said:

The ethical quagmire of a therapist having a relationship with a patient puts me off Cahill completely.  The fact that the actress fits into the brittle, RBF, anorexic-looking mode of Katie Cassidy and Abigail Spencer puts me off too, but chacun a son gout!

The actress who plays Palmer is pretty skeletal too IMO, lol.

Edited by rove4
On 9/16/2017 at 4:34 PM, WendyCR72 said:

How 'bout where in the world is frigging Lorna Cole?!?!  :-P  All other canon characters seem to be appearing. She should pop up, too!

This is where I land with this question, too. Cahill is totally and completely inappropriate as a love interest. Palmer is okay, in that she challenges Riggs and has led to him opening himself up a bit. I never looked at that relationship as an endgame kind of thing, though - it seemed like it was his first foray into another relationship after the loss of his wife, and he's still trying to heal and move forward, and she has helped him do that. I almost feel like she's served her purpose in that regard, at this point: he knows he can feel something for another woman and the world won't end, but he's still not ready for something truly serious. When he is, I still think Lorna needs to be brought into play. They've hit it out of the park in terms of the chemistry and relationships we've seen thus far that were hallmarks of the movies, and I don't see any reason to believe that the same wouldn't hold true for the show's version of the Lorna/Riggs dynamic. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, weathered1 said:

This is where I land with this question, too. Cahill is totally and completely inappropriate as a love interest. Palmer is okay, in that she challenges Riggs and has led to him opening himself up a bit. I never looked at that relationship as an endgame kind of thing, though - it seemed like it was his first foray into another relationship after the loss of his wife, and he's still trying to heal and move forward, and she has helped him do that. I almost feel like she's served her purpose in that regard, at this point: he knows he can feel something for another woman and the world won't end, but he's still not ready for something truly serious. When he is, I still think Lorna needs to be brought into play. They've hit it out of the park in terms of the chemistry and relationships we've seen thus far that were hallmarks of the movies, and I don't see any reason to believe that the same wouldn't hold true for the show's version of the Lorna/Riggs dynamic. 

I don't know if Wikipedia is legit about it, but they say the character of Palmer is loosely based on Lorna. The character is very similar in temper, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I do wonder if the showrunners were afraid of screwing-up the TV version of Lorna/Riggs in case it didn't mesh with the audience (*cough*Andrea/Rick on TWD,  Laurel/Oliver on Arrow *cough* YMMV) so they went with another character name, just in case.  Or maybe they didn't want to be prisoners of a "because movies" like the "because comics" of Marvel or DC adaptations.

Lorna Cole is my favorite movie character of all time (with Trinity, Eowyn and Leia) and I was extremely wary that Palmer would be a Poor Man's version. So I'm the first surprised to realize that I wouldn't mind Palmer as her TV iteration. Not even talking as a love interest for Riggs here, but  in the sense that for me, she adds to the TV show what Lorna added to the movie series.

Edited by Happy Harpy

I believe anyone can edit Wiki, but I could be wrong.

I have no issue with Palmer, but since Lorna was a pretty important character and a main character, I really want to see Lorna herself, since all the other "big" canon characters kept their identities. As someone above said, I can see Palmer as Riggs' transitional relationship. And so we can see maybe what kind of woman can engage him. And since, yeah, Lorna is like Palmer, I think Lorna/Riggs can work on TV as well as the movie version.

And, hey, at least - if Palmer is a transition - she worked out a hell of a lot better than Reka, the movie version, did, in terms of their fate. If for some unfathomable reason Lorna does not appear, I can accept Palmer. But I have no idea why she wouldn't. But, again, if not, I'll gladly take Palmer over drippy, boring Cahill any day.

• Love 1

I can see them wanting to do something of a dry run with a Lorna-type character so that they could see how this version of Riggs plays off of her, and it does lay the groundwork for the woman in whom Riggs will finally, seriously invest himself, because - as has been mentioned - the audience was able to see the kind of person who captures his attention. 

Is Palmer really their version of Lorna? That, I don't know. I honestly don't think they would've brought her onboard so early if that were the case, but . . . I've been wrong before. And, if I'm being honest, given their dedication to bringing the major movie characters to life in the show, I cannot fathom why they would just skip over Lorna. I think the reason we haven't seen her yet is because Riggs just isn't totally ready for her, at this point. 

However, if it winds up that they decide that Palmer is it for him - for whatever reason - then that's okay. It would boggle my mind that they went that route and I can't say that I would be thrilled, but ultimately, it could be worse. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

And, hey, at least - if Palmer is a transition - she worked out a hell of a lot better than Reka, the movie version, did, in terms of their fate.

Ironically, Cahill is the character that reminds me of Reka. Just in case, I don't wish her the same fate. I don't want her to be with someone who's her patient, so that she can be the voice of reason and not the butt monkey or Riggs' enabler, which is bound of happen if their relationship turns romantic. I want to like Cahill and I know I won't in this case of figure.

22 hours ago, weathered1 said:

Is Palmer really their version of Lorna? That, I don't know. I honestly don't think they would've brought her onboard so early if that were the case, but . . . I've been wrong before. And, if I'm being honest, given their dedication to bringing the major movie characters to life in the show, I cannot fathom why they would just skip over Lorna. I think the reason we haven't seen her yet is because Riggs just isn't totally ready for her, at this point.

I see what you mean, and what I can't wrap my head around is why they introduced a character as close to Lorna as Palmer is. She seems fairly popular (no scientific evidence here! But Matt Miller's "you wanted more Palmer, here's more Palmer" might be a hint that the showrunners at least believe so). Why risk comparisons? I mean, I'm not going to love "Lorna" because her name is "Lorna". I need her to be even better than Palmer, and it won't be easy to achieve. Chemistry is so unpredictable. Of course exterior factors like ratings and the lifespan of the show might affect the plans here.

I never watched Smallville, but I guess I now understand the fans who wanted Allison Mack's character to be revealed as Lois Lane, LOL.

Edited by Happy Harpy
  • Love 1