Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E03: Neighbors from Hell

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, Hazel55 said:

Going along with the many subtle allusions to and commentaries upon current events, I believe that the sombrero thing was Ryan Murphy's nod to a recent incident at a University, in which a frat party was closed down because party goers were wearing sombreros. The University felt that this was a case of "dangerous cultural appropriation" on the part of party goers. Not only was the party shut down, I believe that the sombrero wearing students were punished in some way. 

I didn't even think of that! I just assumed that they were trying to jump on the bandwagon to support Pedro and the only way they thought to show their support was to wear sombreros. Harrison and Meadow both strike me as people who would protest anything just because it's what other people are doing. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, GoneGirl said:

Rose? Interesting, brings me back to the Rose on the door in Kai's house? Connection?

I thought of that, too. 

9 hours ago, Granimal said:

This episode was so jam-packed. Definitely plot-driven. It was full of events, yet barely any notice of event #4 because event #8 was already happening! Can't stand Winter, and believe she'd be fired in a second, even without the obvious, she is not a kid-person.  Would a parent really hire that ball of sullen angst and gloom to influence their child? Has Winter played with Ozzy once?

My prediction is that Ozzy is Kai's bio-son, and Kai is using Winter to desensitize him to gore and violence (taking vitamins!), because of couse as the son of the cult leader, he'll be the next leader. Somehow this will involve pulling Ally along for the ride, which is why I think he's been so set on her. This seems too obvious but, who knows? There are other plots going on.

This episode made me wonder just how much Ally had changed for Ivy after meeting her post-9/11. Ally doesn't feel authentic. I know it could be a poke at libs who put on a costume of liberal superiority, but I'm guessing Ally wasn't a life-long bleeding heart liberal. The line "We don't allow cis-normative pet names." rang false. Funny line, but it felt like more of a put-on from Ally than an actual belief. Her phone call with the therapist also sounded like someone speaking how they think a liberal should speak. Wouldn't shock me if Ally conformed to Ivy's more liberal beliefs. Either, it's purposeful to the character, or Sarah's not acting to her fullest potential.

Was anyone as shocked by that slap as I was? Kai slapping Meadow that is. I know- small potatoes compared to everything else! Kai slapping Meadow... Meadow winding up dead...Kai is more dangerous than I realized.

So the entire town is being dosed in poison?

I hadn't thought that she might not be a life-long liberal. I think part of the problem for me, is that she's getting lumped with all of the stereotypes of liberals and independents (now she's talking about chem trails), and coming off as really annoying (to some, just because she's unwinding mentally), whereas the libertarian preppers get to be fun and silly. Ivy, also hasn't been lumped with any of the stereotypes. I think the writers have focused too much on skewering ally, and making her a victim (or as an excuse to make her one). 

I also still don't see her voting for Jill Stein, if the election was so important to her. If it's that important that someone lose, you want every vote going to the other big candidate. 

I think that working towards someone losing their mind, is one of the cruelest things that you can do. I was glad to see her get some of her backbone back, and go across the street. She didn't cower in fear. 

Edited by Anela
  • Love 2

There were plenty of lifelong liberals who got caught up in the democratic race and became bitter when Bernie Sanders didn't win.  I have a friend who is a lifelong democrat but before the election she HATED Hillary not because of any real reason but because she preferred Bernie and put in a 3rd party vote because in her mind Hillary was going to win but she wasn't going to vote for her.   When Trump won guess who became the biggest Hillary enthusiast off all time?  

I can see someone like Ally who has stayed feeling safe under the warm glow of Obama not really trusting Hillary and voting for someone who fits more into her particular ideal regardless of how realistic they are believing her vote didnt really matter because Hillary was going to win by a landslide.  The problem is when a couple thousand people do this....it's a problem.

Then again with Ally's phobias and personality quirks it makes for interesting stories.  

• Love 3
49 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

I can see someone like Ally who has stayed feeling safe under the warm glow of Obama not really trusting Hillary and voting for someone who fits more into her particular ideal regardless of how realistic they are believing her vote didnt really matter because Hillary was going to win by a landslide.  The problem is when a couple thousand people do this....it's a problem.

I don't think anyone was predicting a landslide, certainly not in Michigan. As was mentioned in the first episode, the state's margin was a little over 10,000, "the size of a small town", so it's not the same ballpark as Gore's few hundred in Florida, and Ally didn't need to feel guilty, but that's part of her character.

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

I don't think anyone was predicting a landslide, certainly not in Michigan. As was mentioned in the first episode, the state's margin was a little over 10,000, "the size of a small town", so it's not the same ballpark as Gore's few hundred in Florida, and Ally didn't need to feel guilty, but that's part of her character.

I think she was shocked to hear how many votes went to Jill Stein (her vote being one). a number that could have carried Michigan for Hillary. I've deleted the episode, so I can't go back and check. 

Kai bitch slapping the shit out of meadow for bringing up #rhony had me in fucking tears!!! by far best part of the entire series!! ??

On 9/20/2017 at 2:12 PM, Chaos Theory said:

On a purely superficial level (and because I am rewatching Murder House because Netflix is probably losing the series next month) Evan Peters has grown up nicely.  Despite the ugly bun he is a handsome man and I don't usually go in that direction but his smile might make me put him in my exception pile.

I couldn't agree more!! Even when he's in full on psycho mode he steals my heart! ??

On 9/20/2017 at 10:30 AM, RedMal said:

I like how this season isn't as heavy handed as the previous ones. It has some levity and just the right amount of actual comedy.

I was glad to see Laura Allen, she's such a powerful actress as seen in The 4400 and Dirt, just to name a few. But I also was sad, since it was obvious she would be there just to get killed in the opening.

So the therapist is obviously in on, as probably is the cop too it. But I've started to doubt that Ivy isn't.

How long was the guinea pig in the microwave? Did the clowns wait till Ivy and Ally walked in, then turned the microwave on and ran away?

My biggest problem with this episode was, that at some point it was getting repetitive and lazy. "Oh, we're here and look what's happening there. Oh now we're looking at that, but how about this thing happening right here? Oh and what's that?"

I agree with u about the guinea pig thing... the timing wasnt realistic at all lol. And the episode was kinda all over the place, but still enjoy that (like someone mentioned above) that its not a supernatural thing like prior seasons...its mostly just weird fucked up people terrorising other people. 

On 9/20/2017 at 0:38 PM, Princess Sparkle said:

I laughed for a ridiculously long time at "I'm worried Sonja Morgan has a drinking problem." It's not often two of my guilty pleasures meet up, but when they do, it's perfection (see also: Sarah Paulson meeting Dorinda on WWHL)

Fucking epic! And best/fave part of the series!! 

PLUS that bitch slap that came afterward!! Hahaha

Edited by JuliesMommy
  • Love 1

Looks like they went for nutty this season more than horror, like some of the past seasons.  I think those protestors were all cultists and that was all a setup.  Very convenient that they instantly dispersed when Kai showed up.  Was Meadow really killed or is this just another mind game?  It seems everyone is in on it (including cops), so I don't take anything at face value now.  I think the dead birds were planted.  Spraying stuff on the ground isn't going to kill birds up in the trees.  Meadow reminds me of a young Catherine O'Hara, especially when they were at the door in their sombreros, like some old SCTV skit.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Anela said:

I think she was shocked to hear how many votes went to Jill Stein (her vote being one). a number that could have carried Michigan for Hillary.

It may have been a shock that so many JS supporters voted, but it doesn't necessarily follow that many of them would have considered doing so for any other candidate.

5 minutes ago, LoneHaranguer said:

It may have been a shock that so many JS supporters voted, but it doesn't necessarily follow that many of them would have considered doing so for any other candidate.

I know. I've explained that to people before (I considered myself an independent for years). I was just recalling Ally's reaction to the numbers. 

I think the dead birds were planted.  Spraying stuff on the ground isn't going to kill birds up in the trees. 

The dead birds were also direct physical evidence. And why does no one have a cell phone with a camera to take pictures of the killer clowns masturbating in the produce aisle or the deadly black trucks spraying eerie green poison. One of the problems of setting the story in modern times is that the tech really has to be accounted for. If someone can set up a secret camera to film Winter fondling Ally in the tub, then there could easily be security cameras all around the outside of the house to film the approach of Red John's painting clown minions. Roanoke handwaved the cell phone call for help with "we disabled the phones and not one of our wildly independent and unpredictable participants dared violate the no cell phone rule" but I am starting to question why Ivy, and Ally and Oz don't have their cell phones at the ready.

• Love 5

I'm not saying that liberals DON'T say things that are worthy of skewering. My point was that Ally's character lacks authenticity (ha) for me. Not necessarily because of what she says... though she has some buzz-words down... but because of how she says them. I hate to level this criticism, because I enjoy Sarah Paulsen (to an extent), but something doesn't feel right about the character. It was literally only a character theory. Ally goes on and on to her therapist about how she "got better" and "got her life together"- not for herself, but for Ivy. Not too big of a stretch to think she's changed her political ideology- for Ivy- as well. Ally made it sound as if she was content to sit in her apartment for the rest of her life and watch her life go by- if not for getting better for Ivy. (That dialogue felt authentic enough.)  I don't care if the show pokes holes into every political ideology on the spectrum. That being said, I do want the characters to feel like (somewhat) real people. Maybe her style of acting just misses the mark with me. Maybe it's difficult for me to take "gender normative pet names" seriously- as one of Ally's priorities at this point.

Yes, making someone think they're going crazy is one of the worst things you can do to them. If that's all this season amounts to, I'll be less than thrilled. Though, with the call out to 4chan in episode 1, high-level trolling was bound to be on the menu. It's great that Ally is fighting back, but I don't think her methods will do her many favors. From our point of view, her actions look heroic, but from an outsider's perspective, they could easily cater to the "crazy" narrative. Ally's going to have to pull off a Katie Holmes at this point- get a lawyer girl.

Hm, Ally slaps Meadow, Ivy slaps Ally, Kai slaps Meadow. American Horror Story: Slap in the Face.

Re: Kai slapping Meadow. I expected Kai to be a methodical serial killer trope, or the controlled "puppet master" pulling all the strings. If he flies off the handle and slaps this inconsequential character in the face, then I would probably guess there's someone "bigger" behind him. Someone more sinister. Smiley face therapist would be the obvious choice at this point. (This is where I'm at now, analyzing the personality of a character who literally humped his TV and smeared Cheetos on his face.)  Possibly power-hungry(?)/semi-powerful guy, propping up charismatic but unhinged cult-ish figure? I guess it's possible. Pharmaceuticals, hazardous chemicals, and small town politics have made a (predictable?) appearance.  Kai and co. as pawns (brought together via the internet no less) used by a more "outwardly normal" character? One who presumably has more money (and pharmaceuticals). Decent storytelling.

I suspect this season is going to disappoint some people. I don't think the "why" is going to be any big revelation. Rhyme and reason are quite possibly off the table. Just a guess. Maybe there is some method to the madness, but I suspect the "why" surrounding Ally/ Cult of Kai won't amount to much. Pawns that did it for the... reasons that will remain murky at best. The "Why?" from the POV of the (therapist?) may be clearer. (Though I do think some ends will tie. I do think Ozzy is wanted to lead cult part 2/youth cult- for many different reasons.) In this episode, the killing off of his beloved pet is reminiscent to the "eat your vitamins" "get stronger" desensitization thing that these depraved individuals are inflicting on this innocent child.

In comparison to Roanoke, even when Roanoke's characters were mocked and played up, they still felt like real-enough people.

Or maybe it's a straight forward narrative and bed-rest is getting the best of me. Maybe there's nothing mysterious about Ally at all. 

Edited by Granimal
English language
  • Love 2

I do think Ozzy is wanted to lead cult part 2/youth cult- for many different reasons.) In this episode, the killing off of his beloved pet is reminiscent to the "eat your vitamins" "get stronger" desensitization thing that these depraved individuals are inflicting on this innocent child.

I'm just gonna say, this was one of the subplots of The Following - the cult followers encouraging the young kidnapped boy to do things that would warp the child to their point of view so that he could be his crazy father's true heir. 

My point was that Ally's character lacks authenticity (ha) for me. Not necessarily because of what she says... though she has some buzz-words down... but because of how she says them.

I think Ally *is* pretty liberal, but I also think she understands that while she may not really give a shit what the damn fluffy rat is named, she knows what she is *supposed* to say about a gender normative pet name and says it because she knows whats required to belong. (Which does mean she's the sort to alter her behavior for the group think) I don't think she's doing this for Ivy - frankly Ivy doesn't strike me as more liberal - I think Ally found her tribe, a group that accepts her, and is terrified of being cast out so she very carefully makes sure to adhere to all of their rules. I mean, at the end of the day, she's not all that upset that she shot and killed Pedro, she's upset that her identity as a super cool liberal is being torn away and her group is casting her out.

I'm not saying progressive liberals are a cult btw - just that the way Ally has attached herself to their beliefs is less about Ally genuinely believing in their principles, and more about Ally wanting to belong to a group where she feels safe and wanted. Which goes to the hive mind concept.... Which makes this a rather interesting look at how cults evolve and gain members and get members to embrace increasingly alternate views of the world.

Of course next week we may find out the clowns are supernatural manifestations of the crab people overlords who are bent on conquering the earth. I mean, this is AHS. 

• Love 4

And why does no one have a cell phone with a camera to take pictures of the killer clowns masturbating in the produce aisle or the deadly black trucks spraying eerie green poison. One of the problems of setting the story in modern times is that the tech really has to be accounted for. If someone can set up a secret camera to film Winter fondling Ally in the tub, then there could easily be security cameras all around the outside of the house to film the approach of Red John's painting clown minions. Roanoke handwaved the cell phone call for help with "we disabled the phones and not one of our wildly independent and unpredictable participants dared violate the no cell phone rule" but I am starting to question why Ivy, and Ally and Oz don't have their cell phones at the ready.

I think if you are in the middle of being terrorized by something, you aren't going to have the wherewithal to get your camera ready to snap a picture. 

The whole scene with Kai and Meadow really made me think of Popular.  I want to say that Mary Cherry had moments where she was slapped or slapped others followed by immediate makeout sessions. 

• Love 1

I think if you are in the middle of being terrorized by something, you aren't going to have the wherewithal to get your camera ready to snap a picture. 

Your argument has merit, I don't deny it but... by the second go around of the evil  but slowly moving green truck of foggy poison, I find it hard to believe no one even considered it.

ETA - technically, it's a little odd after the installation of security doors and windows that no one suggested to Ally that video surveillance of the street and of the doors might make her feel safer.

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, txhorns79 said:

In the past few months, we have seen many real-life examples of people having the presence of mind to whip out their cellphones or recording devices in very violent or frightening circumstances, including someone being shot while sitting besides you in a car. We could give the show one pass, but as ZoloftBlob says, the second time around it gets much more difficult to swallow.

As for cameras, so many homes have them these days, including not very expensive ones you can purchase on Amazon or at department stores; perhaps the couple had finally reached the limit of their extravagant budget for their house, its furnishings and the lickity-split installation of security doors and windows.

• Love 2

In the past few months, we have seen many real-life examples of people having the presence of mind to whip out their cellphones or recording devices in very violent or frightening circumstances, including someone being shot while sitting besides you in a car. We could give the show one pass, but as ZoloftBlob says, the second time around it gets much more difficult to swallow.

I don't know.  I tend to think if the situation is horrible or frightening, why are you standing around filming?  To me, it raises questions about the motivations behind the filming, and what is being left out.  For example, with this show, we saw the day laborers beating Kai, but the video purposefully left out the fact that he provoked them.     

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, txhorns79 said:

I don't know.  I tend to think if the situation is horrible or frightening, why are you standing around filming?  To me, it raises questions about the motivations behind the filming, and what is being left out.  For example, with this show, we saw the day laborers beating Kai, but the video purposefully left out the fact that he provoked them.     

Plus they ran out of the house.  They might not of had their phones on them.  I had a blackout on my block one night and I grabbed a flashlight but not my phone.  My mother forgets her phone all the time.  

Plus it's tv.  Unless the show revolves around cell phones or technology I do leave some room for people not recording  every moment of their life.  Plus Ally doesn't really seem the type.  Too paranoid.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I think that's a whole question in and of itself (maybe not this season's question, but a question in general):   In some situations, if you try to piece together a coherent narrative of how something happened from cell phone footage, you're doomed to be disappointed because it's not scripted.  Thus people aren't necessarily picking up their phones and starting to film at a remotely opportune time in a sequence because they're not film directors or scriptwriters; and thus, their "if we can see it on video, it must be true" cred, shifts depending upon whether or not they started at the beginning of the time sequence.

On 9/15/2017 at 9:44 AM, AmandaPanda said:

Ally's fears increase after a couple is found sealed inside of burial caskets. Meanwhile, protestors turn out after word gets out that Ally shot and killed Pedro.

I found  them being put into coffins very creepy given the nature and cure of the woman's phobia. Actually at first for some reason I thought the husband was going to wind up being evil and show her a coffin. He said he had a surprise for her. Anyway that psychiatrist is so evil doing that. I know he is behind all this stuff.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, queenanne said:

I think that's a whole question in and of itself (maybe not this season's question, but a question in general):   In some situations, if you try to piece together a coherent narrative of how something happened from cell phone footage, you're doomed to be disappointed because it's not scripted.  Thus people aren't necessarily picking up their phones and starting to film at a remotely opportune time in a sequence because they're not film directors or scriptwriters; and thus, their "if we can see it on video, it must be true" cred, shifts depending upon whether or not they started at the beginning of the time sequence.

Wasn't that the point of Roanoke?   We don't need the same exact storyline two seasons in a row.  Plus again not everyone especially adult everyone's carry their cellphones on them at every moment of their day.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

I would say enough people do carry their cellphones with them that it needs to be addressed. They're in a modern city in 2016-17, and people are actually using their cell phones to film things (the Mexican beat down of Kai). Weird shit like random clown break ins, murder suicides, and creepy green glowing trucks of poison fog keeps happening. Hard to believe Ozy at least hasn't gotten the lecture to ALWAYS have his cell with him.

• Love 2

Ally's litany of bad decisions.....let us count the ways....

Approaching the protesters

Running over to scream at the neighbors after Mr Guinea went ka-bluey

Opening the door to anyone at this point

Running in front of the truck spraying the green gas

Shooting through her security door

Not holding on to Ozy any number of times....the latest being when Ozy just walked into the neighbors house

Not firing Winter

....feel free to add yours! 

The best thing about this latest episode....was Ally FINALLY being told off by Ivy.  How much crazy is a partner supposed to forgive?

9 hours ago, ZoloftBlob said:

I would say enough people do carry their cellphones with them that it needs to be addressed. They're in a modern city in 2016-17, and people are actually using their cell phones to film things (the Mexican beat down of Kai). Weird shit like random clown break ins, murder suicides, and creepy green glowing trucks of poison fog keeps happening. Hard to believe Ozy at least hasn't gotten the lecture to ALWAYS have his cell with him.

...and don't forget that it was the weird brother/(ex)sister neighbors that shot the footage of Kai getting beaten.....  what's the connection there?

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Robodude said:

Ally's litany of bad decisions.....let us count the ways....

Approaching the protesters

Running over to scream at the neighbors after Mr Guinea went ka-bluey

Opening the door to anyone at this point

Running in front of the truck spraying the green gas

Shooting through her security door

Not holding on to Ozy any number of times....the latest being when Ozy just walked into the neighbors house

Not firing Winter

....feel free to add yours! 

The best thing about this latest episode....was Ally FINALLY being told off by Ivy.  How much crazy is a partner supposed to forgive?

I guess that depends on whether or not the partner is involved in making her crazy. Ivy saw several things herself, and so did their son, so by this point, it should be clear that Ally isn't crazy. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

OTOH, after the first couple of unexpected incidents, with no one believing you, you might consider turning your phone into a body cam. Then the writers can say the battery ran out.

• Love 3

So glad to hear people like this show like me. Over at mc chat they are all a bunch of Negative Nancy's and complain that they don't like it and bringing in the politics. I have liked every season and some people complain over there saying how they stopped watching after whatever season. 

• Love 1
On 9/22/2017 at 4:38 PM, Dobian said:

Looks like they went for nutty this season more than horror, like some of the past seasons.  I think those protestors were all cultists and that was all a setup.  Very convenient that they instantly dispersed when Kai showed up.  Was Meadow really killed or is this just another mind game?  It seems everyone is in on it (including cops), so I don't take anything at face value now.  I think the dead birds were planted.  Spraying stuff on the ground isn't going to kill birds up in the trees.  Meadow reminds me of a young Catherine O'Hara, especially when they were at the door in their sombreros, like some old SCTV skit.

Totally think the birds were planted and we are being led to believe things are connected in this season that we will find out aren't connected at all....example, I don't think that the neighbors placed the ad in the paper. It could have been someone who was pissed that Ally killed Pedro...etc.

Edited by GoneGirl
On 9/21/2017 at 11:54 AM, margol29 said:

Also, I don't know if its a thing or not but so far every woman but Ally has a first name to do with nature.

We have Ivy, Winter, Meadow and Rose (the unfortunate woman in the casket). Just another weird thought.

Even Kai means different things in nature.  Sea (Japanese), willow tree (Navajo), summer (Scot).

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Robodude said:

...and don't forget that it was the weird brother/(ex)sister neighbors that shot the footage of Kai getting beaten.....  what's the connection there?

Harrison and Meadow aren't brother and sister, they're platonic friends who got married. Or, as Harrison put it, "I married my f** hag."

• Love 2

Take two:

Still hooked, for now. Not feeling sorry for Ally. She may have been technically right to shoot Pedro (RIP) because of the "Stand Your Ground" law, but an innocent man is still dead because of her. It's a wonder that the protesters haven't burned down her house and/or her business-yet.  As for the hidden cameras, while I agreed with Ally that the bigger crime was that their privacy was invaded because cameras were in their house without their permission, Ally's cheating on Ivy with Winter didn't help. ITA that the shrink is not only part of the cult, he's the ringleader because how else could his patients be cured of their coffin phobia one moment and then be entombed the next? 

Kai seems to be getting stronger, crazier and deadlier all the time. Somehow, Kai has managed to exploit peoples' fears and weaponized them and people have suffered because of it whether they're innocent (Pedro) or guilty (Ally)However, if Kai wants to be even scarier, then he should lose the blue hair and the man bun. That way, he would look perfectly "normal" to the rest of the world, just like most cult leaders.

Billy Eichner and Leslie Grossman are/were hilarious. Their lines were funny enough, but the sight gags (beekeeper suits, sombreros) were priceless.

RIP, Mr. Guinea. 

Perhaps because I was watching this episode with only half my attention, I found the whole "Oz watching home internal video of the bathtub seduction and Ivy freaking out" abrupt.  I must have missed how Oz got the footage?  Did Winter show him?  Did we see how the footage got from the camera to the laptop or to youtube or whatever it was on?  Why was Oz watching that specific video clip -- did I miss Winter cuing it up for him?  And, then, for Ivy to just pack up was abrupt, too.  I didn't feel there was enough "I've put up with your shit for days now and this is the last straw"; the actress played it more, "You've had a bathtub scene with the nanny?  That's IT, I'm outta here."  It was just ....all so untethered to the rest of the narrative for me.  

Maybe just me.  I felt a little whiplash when, next thing I knew, we were packed and saying good bye on the front porch.

2 hours ago, DollEyes said:

Not feeling sorry for Ally. She may have been technically right to shoot Pedro (RIP) because of the "Stand Your Ground" law, but an innocent man is still dead because of her.

Technically the law is just giving her the benefit of the doubt.

1 hour ago, Captanne said:

I found the whole "Oz watching home internal video of the bathtub seduction and Ivy freaking out" abrupt.  I must have missed how Oz got the footage? 

Oz said he couldn't shut it down, and there was mention of a virus. Winter probably just sent Oz a link to "the dark web, where all the cool stuff is", knowing he'd open it.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, GoneGirl said:

Totally think the birds were planted and we are being led to believe things are connected in this season that we will find out aren't connected at all....example, I don't think that the neighbors placed the ad in the paper. It could have been someone who was pissed that Ally killed Pedro...etc.

Ha ha I believe the psychiatrist placed that add just like he advised the cult members to kill the couple with the coffins. He waited for just the right moment for this execution when the woman felt cured of that phobia. That scene was so psychologically creepy. Just imagine what went through the woman's mind when she goes upstairs and sees the coffins. Knowing the way she was about to die. The psychiatrist is a sociopath.

Edited by Stringey
  • Love 3
52 minutes ago, Stringey said:

Ha ha I believe the psychiatrist placed that add just like he advised the cult members to kill the couple with the coffins. He waited for just the right moment for this execution when the woman felt cured of that phobia. That scene was so psychologically creepy. Just imagine what went through the woman's mind when she goes upstairs and sees the coffins. Knowing the way she was about to die. The psychiatrist is a sociopath.

He totally seems a sociopath, yet why is Murphy almost blatently leading us to him (the smiley buttons, Kai's "have a nice day") It almost seems TOO simple...IDK. I'm sure he is up to something, just not sure what part he is playing and to what degree. Another quick thought...Is everyone thinking that the shrink saw Kai at some point?

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Florinaldo said:

If the therapist turns out to indeed be the cult leader or an important willing participant in it, it will be one of the more unimaginative and disappointing reveals in recent TV memory.

Agreed.