Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Scarlett45

Important reminders: 

1. Our (golden) Be Civil rule applies to your fellow members.  It does not apply to the show, the characters, the cast, etc.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody related to the show providing it doesn't violate our hate speech policy

2. As per our site spoiler policy: episodes released on premium or pay-per-view services are not considered spoilers.

• Start Topic

I really can't blame Amy for wanting to divorce - at this point she has much more to lose. The reality is that there's a lot of property involved here, The smartest thing Amy could do right now is separate her finances from Matt.

• Love 1

I am divorced...best thing I ever did. Just because you marry doesn't mean you are meat to be together forever...my theory? life is way too short to not be happy...reality tv or not. Personally? I would not want to be married to someone like Matt...It is the Matt show all the time.....I never EVER got the impression he respected Amy for all she did...and think about it...what did he REALLY do? aside from business...in the house...what in the heck did he ever do except bitch and moan? lol

• Love 3

According to the most recent episode Amy said she hadn't even been allowed to choose the paint color for the walls in the house.  No wonder she had some revolt against the control freak that is Matt.

• Love 1

Matt's controlling, and he probably dictated every detail of that house. Curiously, free Amy paints her "first room" baby poo brown. Matt will hate that color. Well, I hate it too. It's hard to choose sides with these two.

• Love 1

I don't like Jen Arnold. I think she's spoiled and obnoxious. Other people love her. I do like the Roloff family. It's funny how people see things differently.

I think that many families have a rebellious child and go through a divorce. I don't think that these things are a measure of their success. I think that the Roloff children love their parents, each other, and their land. YAY Matt and Amy.

I love you! I don't like Jen Arnold either. I think she's fake as hell, I don't think the Jen on the show is the real one.

I also want to throw my TV out the window every time she does that annoying laugh she does constantly.

• Love 3

Jacob earned his GED - is he planning on going to college? Working? I get wanting freedom at 18, but I think he needs a plan. I always find it sad when young people are in a rush to experience adulthood. It's not fun paying bills and having to be responsible. LOL!

I do not think Tori was being demanding by requesting that the church be moved. Matt acted like it was possible before so if she didn't care for the detail, why is it a problem that she ask about it?

• Love 2

As a newbie to this forum I have read enough posts about Matt to quickly learn that a lot of you can't stand him because he is definitely an 'It's all about me' type of a guy.  So I am getting a real kick out of the latest promo TLC keeps running for this week's episode where they are selling their pumpkin salsa and they show a clip of Matt with a jar in his hand and he says that he thinks they should take the picture of the pumpkins off the label and put a picture of his face there instead.  And then they throw to Amy rolling her eyes saying "Oh, Brother."  Omg, too funny, I laugh every single time I see it. 

• Love 5

I just watched a rerun of the episode where Matt wants to throw an engagement party for Zach & Tory, and presented them with his engagement gift he made for them (the doghouse).  I thought it was great & actually loved it, but after thinking about it realized the irony -- he sure as hell has been in the doghouse more times than you can count over the years!  The idea probably came to him without much thought!  ha! 

Zach at the suit store: What color is this?

Lady: That's gray

Zach: And what color is this?

Lady: That's gray, too.

I laughed. Not sure why but that interaction was my favorite part of the episode.

Why did the entire family need to be at the trade show?

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 2

Interesting that when Matt was talking to the twins about wanting all the kids to move back to the farm, Zach said he didn't think he could work for Jeremy.  So it is already assumed that Matt will appoint his golden boy as the anointed heir.

Loved Amy's comment about Matt's face on the salsa jar "He's not Paul Newman".  heh

• Love 5

Boy, Zach is a disaster in the kitchen.  I guess we know who's doing all the cooking in that marriage. His whining was really annoying.  If you want to do something romantic for your fiance, great, but don't bitch about it or try to make your mom do everything.

Matt is really supportive of the pumpkin salsa business, which is good.  But he needs to learn when to step back because he can be so overbearing.

8 minutes ago

Interesting that when Matt was talking to the twins about wanting all the kids to move back to the farm, Zach said he didn't think he could work for Jeremy.  So it is already assumed that Matt will appoint his golden boy as the anointed heir.

Of course it is assumed. Matt consistently harps on how Jer is like him and how Jer loves dropping everything to do a pointless project. Zach ain't the sharpest tack on the tack board but he's not a complete idiot. "Working on the farm" for him will always mean he's Jeremy's little worker bee. Frankly I think Molly and Jacob get it as well - I just feel bad for Jeremy of all people, because I don't think he realizes that until Matt dies, all he will ever be is Matt's bitch.

• Love 2

Boy, Zach is a disaster in the kitchen.  I guess we know who's doing all the cooking in that marriage. His whining was really annoying.  If you want to do something romantic for your fiance, great, but don't bitch about it or try to make your mom do everything.

He sure was!  Thanks Mom for doing everything for me when I was growing up!     

I think Jake was in the Mule when they were riding around and Matt asked if any of them would come back. I think Jake even said maybe? yes? well, something. I really don't think Jacob wants anything to do with any of them but Molly.

• Love 1

Zack bringing out that dinner plate WITH the strawberry shortcake on it just about killed me! Are you kidding me, they did not have an extra couple dessert plates? That was so funny and It did not look like they ate it all either.

• Love 3

Zack bringing out that dinner plate WITH the strawberry shortcake on it just about killed me! Are you kidding me, they did not have an extra couple dessert plates? That was so funny and It did not look like they ate it all either.

I wondered too!  Serving shortcake w/whipped cream on the same plate with a hot meal.  It seemed quite normal to both of them to have it done that way too and I noticed they didn't eat it either!  

I appreciate the effort Zach took to make the meal... BUT how long was that food setting while they went out to watch the sunset??

Alfredo doesn't really keep well unless he has it still simmering on the stove on very very low.

And it kinda makes me laugh every time Matt says "I hope all the kids will live here...."   WHERE?!  Are they all going to bunk in the main house with their spouses and kids?  Or maybe they have a ton of land they could build on, who knows. But that farm is obviously a huge business (if they can afford to pay someone as 'farm manager') and might be awkward to run with family members.

I've just been watching snippets from this season so far, and it's more of the same.  Matt's still goofy and in his own world, and every time Amy's around him she looks nauseous.  I like seeing the kids doing well, but that's about it.  Moving on.

• Love 1

Yeah, I had insomnia earlier this week, and saw the repeat was on (2 or 3 am?) so i thought eh, why not, I'll watch.  I didn't even make it 10 minutes, it was sooooo boring and fake. 

• Love 1

I ended up missing the Pumpkin Salsa episode after having been so amused by the preview but all of you who did watch and commented on it have provided me with plenty of laughs through your snark so thank you.  Most especially these two:

Zach at the suit store: What color is this?
Lady: That's gray
Zach: And what color is this?
Lady: That's gray, too.

Loved Amy's comment about Matt's face on the salsa jar "He's not Paul Newman".  heh

LOL!  Too funny!

As far as Zach cooking for Tori or Amy cooking anything for anybody -- I would not eat one morsel of food coming from any of them!

I literally cringe through any of the food/kitchen scenes that take place on this show.  *shudder*

• Love 1

Oh its totally nuts. I think it's unfortuneatly a bit of backlash because there's a group of fans with the mindset that Jer and Auj are the "special" couple and therefore Tori and Zach have to be torn down. There's a point where it enters the nasty zone and suggesting Tori will get married and have a baby with Zach merely because she likes being on tv is ridiculous. She just doesn't seem that dumb.

I do think, if Tori and Zach are the first to get knocked up, that Jer and Auj won't like how the attention will be off them and their magical journey.

• Love 1

It's bizarre to me that anyone could watch this show and come away preferring Au Jus to Zach and Tori. Neither couple is what I'd consider "aspirational," but Z&T at least seem somewhat authentic and laid-back. The other two are just exhaustingly hip/twee/smug/tacky.

• Love 1

After reading all of the comments here for the first 4 episodes of this season, I just had to make myself watch them on OnDemand.

I honestly have to disagree (respectfully) with some of the snark, but not all of it!

Mainly, I don't think that 'Auj & Jer' are drastically different than any other "king and queen of the prom" -type couple who are now young adults and married.  We all know Jer's specific history with basically no formal college, then moving to CA to go to photography school, etc.  But I don't know whether Auj has been handed things her whole life; if she's had to work hard for them; or if things like popularity came easy to her like it did with Jer.  I don't know.  Zach and Jeremy are close in age to my kids and their friends, and while my kids don't act like either of those two, I can remember what it was like to be that age myself.  You ARE the center of the universe (your OWN, anyway! LOL) at that age!   LOL 

P.S.  If Auj needs to eat gluten-free food, then it just makes sense that Jer does too, especially if Auj is cooking that way.  It's not a hardship to eat that way, or a hippy type thing; it's about being sensitive or allergic to gluten. Not a big deal or at all unusual these days. 

I don't dislike Aug & Jer like some of you seem to. 

I like Zach and Tori.  I feel as if we've been able to get to know Tori a lot more than Auj, over the last few years.  I don't know how anyone can view her words or actions as being bold, bitchy, demanding, etc.   She has obviously conceded a lot by allowing to have her wedding filmed (and yes, I'm sure the money isn't bad either!).  But when you're quiet like she and Zach are, most times there isn't enough money in the world to make it worth it, that's why I said she "conceded".  lol   Oh, and anyone who things that Tori would agree to get pregnant right away without wanting to, just for the "show", has serious issues.  I don't blame Tori for wanting things at her wedding to be "just so", and also to not be a carbon copy of previous weddings that have been held on the farm.

Jacob:  That poor kid.  He's a product of an angry, defensive, and tired "stay at home mom who did her job wonderfully" as Jer said.  I think that Jeremy and Zach got the "Best of" Amy; then Molly being a girl got some special treatment and closeness and activities with her mom.  But Jacob?  He was still young when Amy and Matt started fighting all the time and Amy seemed to barely be able to keep things running along just in time to see Jeremy and Zach graduate, and then to see Molly off the college which of course didn't take much effort from anyone other than Molly herself. By the way, I don't let Matt off the hook regarding Jacob, either. 

Jacob has a lot of issues, and I think some of them (quick to anger and/or feel defeated) where there all along, but many of his issues seem to be a direct result of his parents deciding to do a reality TV show when he was just a young child.  If he wasn't acting OUT, chances are he might've turned his anger inwards and become severely depressed.  And I do think he is depressed anyway, to a degree.  If only their family friend who Jacob seemed close to hadn't died, Jacob might not have become quite the Lost Boy that he did.

Molly:  She got herself the heck out of Dodge and she knows that she doesn't *need* to go back to Dodge, but I believe she has authentic feelings for her family so that she likes to go home when she chooses, to see them.

Now for Amy and Matt:  They are both immature, angry, defensive, and scared.  I don't like either one of them more than the other.  I dislike them equally. LOL

• Love 5

I found it dull. Matt and Amy putting on a "we're happy" show - ironically this was filmed right when they finally announced that they had been separated for months. Its also amusing to see them bold face lie about the circumstances.... Per their facebooks, Amy was away on a trip when Jeremy popped the question, not excitedly waiting with Matt.

I also liked seeing Jeremy score his own comps. I mean, did he pay for Audrey's engagement ring or was it a comp to the show? And the whole letter writing thing in the proposal was essentially a lengthy commercial for his wedding photography.... Jeremy has learned how to shill.

"We're happy show"...im like a year late, but just found this thread, and I so agree with you and ZoloftBob, and thats how narcissists make you act...even on the brink of divorce he put on a facade like we were all good...then go behind closed doors and not even speak to me. UGH

• Love 1

Mainly, I don't think that 'Auj & Jer' are drastically different than any other "king and queen of the prom" -type couple who are now young adults and married.  We all know Jer's specific history with basically no formal college, then moving to CA to go to photography school, etc.  But I don't know whether Auj has been handed things her whole life; if she's had to work hard for them; or if things like popularity came easy to her like it did with Jer.

She's from a fairly similar background, upper middle class, no parents in jail. She was quite sporty and does have a college degree. She's very Jesusy. My point is that she's not coming from a background of privation.

I think some of the irritation with Jer and Auj is that there's a small but virulent fanbase for them who pretty much shit themselves in rage if anyone suggests Jeremy and Auj are anything less than Jesus's Perfect Example Couple. The accusations about Tori come from this crowd. To give an example - Tori must have an ulterior motive for marrying Zach - she must be in it for the fame because she was nothing before meeting Zach. But when it's pointed out that Audrey has even more incentive to be in it for the fame - she is married to the more attractive, more popular brother, she's clearly attempting to use her fame to draw attention to her blog, she's apparently encouraging fans to campaign for her to be on Dancing With the Stars (although possibly not seriously) but when the point is made that she is exactly like Tori, it gets screamed down on other boards than here with the declarations of how Audrey walks with Jesus.

And the show tends to encourage this edit. While Zach continues to get the shitty loser edit, Jer's inability to get his photography business into a lucrative place is already being spun as "Jer and Auj went on an adventure but now they're coming back home 'cause they need the great outdoors, they're such a magical couple!". I'm genuinely curious how Jer and Auj will be making money outside the show. My prediction for Jeremy was that he'd be working for his daddy because its easy and Matt kisses his ass, by the time he was thirty and I don't think I'm going to be proven wrong.

• Love 5

Here in SoCal gluten free is a fad. Every grocery store has a section all gluten free. Many people that don't have allergies eat that way because it's fashionable.

It's only recently that major companies have begun to mass-produce gluten-free items for regular grocery stores.  I live in a small town south of Boston and even the smallest grocery store here has an aisle devoted to gluten-free foods.  Also, more and more people's digestive issues are being diagnosed as being due to a gluten sensitivity, or full blown celiac disease which is life-threatening. For most of my life I've had digestive issues and was diagnosed with something for which there was no known cause.  I don't have celiac disease but what I do have is virtually non-existent when I eat food containing no gluten.  It's really not all that difficult if you know which ingredients to look for on a label.

Anyway, my point is, I've been hearing a lot of people claim that it's a fad, and that might be true for some people or areas of the country, but I honestly don't know why anyone would choose to avoid gluten if they didn't have to!  If it weren't for this "fad" I might not have found the key to my digestive ills.

She's from a fairly similar background, upper middle class, no parents in jail. She was quite sporty and does have a college degree. She's very Jesusy. My point is that she's not coming from a background of privation.

I think some of the irritation with Jer and Auj is that there's a small but virulent fanbase for them who pretty much shit themselves in rage if anyone suggests Jeremy and Auj are anything less than Jesus's Perfect Example Couple. The accusations about Tori come from this crowd. To give an example - Tori must have an ulterior motive for marrying Zach - she must be in it for the fame because she was nothing before meeting Zach. But when it's pointed out that Audrey has even more incentive to be in it for the fame - she is married to the more attractive, more popular brother, she's clearly attempting to use her fame to draw attention to her blog, she's apparently encouraging fans to campaign for her to be on Dancing With the Stars (although possibly not seriously) but when the point is made that she is exactly like Tori, it gets screamed down on other boards than here with the declarations of how Audrey walks with Jesus.

And the show tends to encourage this edit. While Zach continues to get the shitty loser edit, Jer's inability to get his photography business into a lucrative place is already being spun as "Jer and Auj went on an adventure but now they're coming back home 'cause they need the great outdoors, they're such a magical couple!". I'm genuinely curious how Jer and Auj will be making money outside the show. My prediction for Jeremy was that he'd be working for his daddy because its easy and Matt kisses his ass, by the time he was thirty and I don't think I'm going to be proven wrong.

It's a shame that people have to assign such evil motives to someone simply because they like that person's sibling better.  If anything, it's a reflection of what kind of people these are; while claiming to admire Audrey's religious beliefs, they're trying to accuse Tori of being Mary Magdalene. Shame on them.

Although twins, we've all seen how different Jeremy and Zach are, and so are their wives.  Neither couple is better than the other, in my personal opinion.

• Love 3

Yeah, I mean, there are things I don't care for about either couple - Jer and Auj seem as shallow as a kiddy pool and way too pleased as punch to whore themselves out, while Zach seems to be marrying his mother and is a bit too content in the rut he's in - but I don't think either girl really had ulterior motives. Tory gets run down because I suspect some people find it too hard to believe that she'd be attracted to Zach.

• Love 4

It would be hilarious if Auj were on Dancing with the Stars. Can you imagine the blank faces of most people when Auj Roloff would be announced as one of the stars?

• Love 4

Not a fad here...im black and my brothers and sisters think im just going with the fad when i buy gluten free. I passed gas and bloating off as "i drank some milk somewhere" until i hit 32 and wheat toast with peanut butter started giving me gas bloating AND cramps....A lot of people are "fad"eating the nasty mess though...they just dont get it

• Love 2

Of course it is assumed. Matt consistently harps on how Jer is like him and how Jer loves dropping everything to do a pointless project. Zach ain't the sharpest tack on the tack board but he's not a complete idiot. "Working on the farm" for him will always mean he's Jeremy's little worker bee. Frankly I think Molly and Jacob get it as well - I just feel bad for Jeremy of all people, because I don't think he realizes that until Matt dies, all he will ever be is Matt's bitch.

Maybe Zach is lazy. He was always the lazier one put of the twins, maybe that hasn't changed. Isn't Zach just working part time? At least Jeremy seems to have some ambition and passion for the farm.

I've got nothing against Zach, I don't mind any of them except for Amy, she bugs, but anyway maybe they all know that Zach couldn't handle a large role at the farm and Jeremy can.

I missed last week and am now watching the dress shopping episode. Amy sounds so fake and insincere every time she opens her mouth. There are a lot of examples that stick in my head but the details escape me.

With the dress shopping, everybody else sounded so natural and normal,then you have Any who can be heard above the rest "oh wow. You are going to be like, wow".

She sounds so fake.

I hope nobody is stupid enough to eat anything that comes from that nasty, disgusting house of theirs.

• Love 2

Isn't Zach just working part time? At least Jeremy seems to have some ambition and passion for the farm.

Not sure about Zach, but Jeremy has just spent a year in Los Angeles attempting to build a photography business, and obviously failing as he and the wife have moved back to Oregon. I accept your interpretation and offer an alternative theory - life where Daddy and Mommy don't help you out with a job you can't be fired from is a lot easier than making your own way. Jer lasted from Oct 2014 to Aug 2015 as a big boy on his own and look, after less than a year, he's realizing how easy it was to goof off on the farm with Daddy.

My point btw is that its very easy for Jeremy - who has heard from the day he was born I am sure that he will inherit the farm, to suddenly find his passion for being Matt's bitch after spending less than a year on his own with a wife clearly not establishing an incredibly successful business. Life got hard, and Jeremy has decided to take the easy path.

Edited by ZoloftBlob
  • Love 4

I sure hope the Roloffs aren't just making salsa in their kitchen and selling it to the public without passing food safety inspection standards.  Gloves, hairnets, sterilization come to mind working with food and of course the food itself.  So fingers crossed how we see her making it on the show is not what is really happening!  Yuck to pumpkin salsa!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn

The Mud Run looked fun, but I'm on Matt's side and I would have waited until the wedding was over.  I thought it was really lame how Amy kept saying this is MY event and I'M taking full ownership, and then she blamed Matt for forgetting to order port-a-potties.    

• Love 3

Auntl - Matt has actually said he wants Jeremy to run the farm. Jeremy has remarked several times that he wants to raise his children on the farm. Zach has noted that if he were to return to the farm to work, he understands that he would be working under Jeremy.Whats happening here is actually similar to disinheriting, it's just assumed by the entire family that the farm will be handed over to Jeremy because he wants it.

Indian Paintbrush - I genuinely thought the porta potty thing was staged for the show, as was the entire "mud run" that didn't seem to have any participants who weren't in the Roloff social circle.

Foghorn - much like how the jam the Roloffs sell with their picure on their farm isn't actually made on the farm, the pumpkin salsa is made off site. It's Amy's recipe and theoretically pumpkins from the Roloff farm may go into it but its not made on the farm. I don't know that I'd try it because I don't like exotic salsas but if you buy it in a store its reasonably safe to eat.

• Love 5

I have celiac disease, so I have to eat a gluten-free diet. Gluten-free food sucks for the most part. The breads, pastas, and cereals are disgusting and so unlike the real thing that I occasionally sacrifice my comfort to indulge in the real stuff. I don't understand anyone who voluntarily eats a gluten-free diet just for fun or to lose weight. Has Audrey said that she does not have celiac disease or is it being assumed that she has a gluten-free diet because it's trendy?

I like Jeremy's wife. I also like Tori. I think the twins chose nice women. As far as returning home is concerned, Jeremy and his wife aren't the first or last  idealistic young couple to run off to a big city and come back when plans fell through. It happens all of the time. It doesn't mean that they are idiots. Better to tuck your tail between your legs and come home now than pretend everything is perfect when you're struggling.

Other than Jeremy, none of the Roloff children seem remotely interested in the farm. If Jeremy ends up taking over, I think it's only because no one really wants to. I could not see Zach as a leader, but if push came to shove, I could see Jeremy as a leader. Jeremy running the farm doesn't mean the other kids are screwed. The other kids could still build home on the property or they could give up their part of the brand and have Jeremy buy them out if he wants full ownership. I never once got the impression that Amy and Matt would leave their estate to one child - I do believe they intend to leave it to all.

I think that's why Zach said he didn't want to work for his brother. Which reminds me...what does Zach do for work? Is he just coaching soccer?

I sure hope the Roloffs aren't just making salsa in their kitchen and selling it to the public without passing food safety inspection standards.  Gloves, hairnets, sterilization come to mind working with food and of course the food itself.  So fingers crossed how we see her making it on the show is not what is really happening!  Yuck to pumpkin salsa!

I was thinking the same thing. I cringed when Jeremy and Amy were eating the salsa straight out of the pot - I hope that the testers weren't given their samples from it because that's just gross.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 1

OMG Amy and her "porta potties!"  Overkill saying the word and that drama played out far too long on the show!  I must say Matt was beaming when Amy and her team rang the bell on the mud run.  Careful Zach, Tori wants what she wants and hopefully all the bland stuff she is picking shows well at the wedding, I love the colors but on the walls of my living room not for my wedding table.  

I just LOVE how beautiful that farm is.  So green and lush and must be huge with 10 barns.  I had to FF Amy's TH's after a while as she only wants to rag on Matt.  And she thinks he is a control freak!

Edited by Foghorn Leghorn
  • Love 2