Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

Tori spoke on camera about listening to Molly's stories and appreciating them, which I thought was nice.

I assume it's because they're really Christian, or that she's uncomfortable on camera, but Audrey seems really self-absorbed and at best, Jeremy-absorbed. Don't care that she's a collegiate track star or runs a craft blog, she's as dull as he is (and as pretty).

I thought it hilarious that, when Amy was talking about Molly's (someday) wedding, Amy encouraged her to wed on the farm. "Well, it depends on where my  groom lives," says Molly. I think she's not a fan of the farm for a wedding, and if so, good for her!

"Well, you usually go where the bride wants," insisted Amy. Oh really? Poor Audrey, then, I wonder if anyone asked her if she wanted to get hitched on that farm. Or if they'd tolerate her saying no.

Random aside: Is the old "church" they keep dragging about the property designed for little people? I don't know why in the world you'd want to get married in front of a church for little people, if you were a couple of average height?

Edited by ScullyInApt42
"I assume it's because they're really Christian, or that she's uncomfortable on camera, but Audrey seems really self-absorbed and at best, Jeremy-absorbed."

She certainly doesn't DRESS like a Christian (or a conservative, Gothard-type Christian, anyway)?  I'd say it's because they ARE self-absorbed...

And did we all enjoy "the movable feast"?  Did they all have to be chewing with their mouths open in every freakin' scene, no matter where they were or what else they were doing at the time?  I know I enjoyed it!

i hadn't that much noticed their chewing habits until I read about it here. So I really noticed this week. And my thinking is that if it is disability related, why have them eating so often on the show? 

Edited by mbutterfly
  • Love 4

Random aside: Is the old "church" they keep dragging about the property designed for little people? I don't know why in the world you'd want to get married in front of a church for little people, if you were a couple of average height?

As near as I can tell, it's a play house in that adult people can stand upright in it but you can only get a few people in. It also looks like shit close up, and Matt's mouthy comments aside, it was clearly Matt's wish to move the church so that Matt could have a moment where he's up on a track using his mechanical penis so we all know he's a man.

Poor Audrey, then, I wonder if anyone asked her if she wanted to get hitched on that farm. Or if they'd tolerate her saying no.

I am certain Audrey is totally on board with the money making scenario but it is very noticeable how Audrey's parents, particularly her mother, are not involved in any of Matt and Amy's plans for the wedding.

• Love 3
"And did we all enjoy "the movable feast"?  Did they all have to be chewing with their mouths open in every freakin' scene, no matter where they were or what else they were doing at the time?  I know I enjoyed it!"  

I was thinking the same thing. Seemed like Molly was eating in every damn scene. And everyone in the family eats with their mouths open.

I am certain Audrey is totally on board with the money making scenario but it is very noticeable how Audrey's parents, particularly her mother, are not involved in any of Matt and Amy's plans for the wedding.

I found Audrey, I dunno, annoying.  There was just something about her that irks me, unlike Tori.  And please Audrey, get rid of the ruby red lipstick, it makes you look cartoonish.

• Love 3

I was thinking the same thing. Seemed like Molly was eating in every damn scene. And everyone in the family eats with their mouths open.

I think it's bad habits/lack of manners more than dwarfism.  There are plenty of little people who can chew with their mouths closed.  Plus the average height kids have no excuse.

• Love 5

It's funny as I watched the parade epi after I read some of the comments regarding the Roloff kids eating with their mouthes open. When I remembered I watched specifically for this and can't say I saw any of the regular sized kids do that - Jake, Jeremy or Molly. Would have to watch again to catch all of the eating scenes.

I also call bs on the whole pumpkin mislabelling fiasco. There is no way that using a few markers you could turn the r into an L and have it look exactly like the colours, shading and letters of the rest of the name.

I found Audrey, I dunno, annoying.  There was just something about her that irks me, unlike Tori.  And please Audrey, get rid of the ruby red lipstick, it makes you look cartoonish.

I don't remember Audrey previously being made up like a pageant contestant. She has certainly been on the show other years and did not stick out like a sore thumb. Or a cartoon, Jersey Girl aptly described her. The fact that all of the other females (Amy, Mollie and Tori) are very natural looking (even with assuming they are wearing makeup for the cameras) makes her look even more ridiculous.

Edited by UsernameFatigue

So apparently Audrey and Jeremy are married according to People. Honestly they seem made for each other -- kind of vapid and dumb but pretty. From the shows it seemed like Jeremy stayed in Santa Barbara even after getting his for-profit college degree; they made comments about how they don't see each other often and when they do, it's all about wedding planning. Any idea where they're planning on living or how they'll support themselves? I'm guessing Jeremy fancies himself a photographer and while it may not be a National Geographic level job, I guess he'll set up a website and jump into the wedding and/or senior portrait scene. Though Ca. is expensive -- are they planning on living in Or. instead -- Jeremy was making comments about his kids growing up on the farm.

My first thought when I saw the previews that Zach was going to propose to Tory was -- he's doing it to keep up with Jeremy. They are twins, and he does always try to keep up when they go through big milestones. I remember all the "advice" Jeremy was giving him when he went away to college and Zach didn't; I can see Jeremy advising him on relationships as well.

Of all the kids I can see Zach working on the farm and then ultimately taking it over. While Jeremy has been away for the last 3-4 yrs, Zach's been in town and has been working pumpkin season as well as the crazy projects that come up. Alternatively I can see him turning his part time soccer gig into a full time job. Not suggesting that it's the best job in the world, but there are plenty of people who raise families while working as a manager of a retail/service store -- I can see him doing that. Plus unlike Audrey, Tori is a teacher -- there was some talk a few yrs ago about her having a job kind of far away. I feel like between a teacher and a retail manager with some TLC income here and there, they'd do fine. It seems like Tori is sensible, and I can see Zach "stepping up" to take care of her and provide her a decent life; even when he was young, he didn't respect Matt because Amy was working and doing a lot more while Matt was coming up with grand plans for the farm. I can see how he wouldn't want that for his wife. Jeremy and Audrey honestly seem too vain and cocky to plan or work hard for anything.

• Love 2

Molly taking a huge bite of hamburger, chewing with her mouth wide open, then talking in a restaurant on camera was disgusting.

I'm not saying this to be mean, its just an observation but Jacob looks a lot like Eddie Munster.

Edited by Maharincess
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Molly taking a huge bite of hamburger, chewing with her mouth wide open, then talking in a restaurant on camera was disgusting.

I'm not saying this to be mean, its just an observation but Jacob looks a lot like Eddie Munster.

Molly was eating at least 3x during that show, wow do they not let these people eat except on camera?!!  Mouth open with fruit and Amy too, then the burger and Zach with his mouth open then Molly wolfing the sandwich but at least her mouth was closed then proving it can be done!  LOL  I think it is a bad habit they picked up at home.  

I have never seen Amy's kitchen tidy and clean and it was obvious Molly had no intention of helping her clean up after they had lunch where btw Amy was eating her sandwich with her mouth open!  

I think Amy has more anger issues than Matt, she seems to chew more bones than he does and make more snide remarks or at least in that episode.

I thought the float was very creative and the family worked well together but the tractor not starting was not believable! 

Edited by jodo

So apparently Audrey and Jeremy are married according to People. Honestly they seem made for each other -- kind of vapid and dumb but pretty. From the shows it seemed like Jeremy stayed in Santa Barbara even after getting his for-profit college degree; they made comments about how they don't see each other often and when they do, it's all about wedding planning. Any idea where they're planning on living or how they'll support themselves? 

I read on Aubry's instagram that she was offered a job in Los Angeles and that she and Jeremy were going to move there after the wedding.

Ahh, here's confirmation:

A few weeks ago, Jeremy and Audrey went looking for a home in Los Angeles together. Jeremy posted a photo with this caption:

This girl and I are headed to LA today looking for apartments! Pretty wild searching for a place to love together. If anyone knows of a place or a nice area, let me know in the comments!! We’re looking at silver lake and west Hollywood areas. Cheers to the LA folk! #journeyofjerandauj

http://heavy.com/entertainment/2014/09/audrey-mirabella-botti-jeremy-roloffs-girlfriend-wedding-proposal-little-people-big-world/

Edited by JerseyGirl

What I don't get is why Amy keeps going on and on about no one being at home anymore.  No one to cook for etc. Does Jacob live in a boarding school?  They've always ignored him to an extent but this is overboard.  He even has a girlfriend, maybe he lives with her family.

• Love 2

I like Audrey, however her vocal fry is too over the top.  It's so fake.  She grew up in Oregon, right? She needs to lose the fake talk.  It's not becoming at all.  Even when they move to LA, she would sound more intelligent without it.  

I have watched the kids since they first came on tv and am rather surprised the three older ones have done as well as they have.  It seems when they all get away from Amy, they grow into better people.....even Matt is happier now that he's away from Amy.  I bet Jacob is counting the days.

• Love 2

I admit I was watching while doing other things, but they didn't show Zach's actual proposal did they?  If not, good for him for keeping something private.

No Zach wanted the proposal kept private and I was was glad for him and Tori to keep stick to their guns!

Edited by jodo
  • Love 3

I agree that it was nice that Zach kept his proposal private, and not surprising as they seem like a very down to earth couple.

What does Audrey do that she would have a job offer? I read somewhere that she is a writer but that could mean many things, or nothing at all.

I think the kids have blossomed being away from both Matt and Amy. They have had a dysfunctional relationship for a long time that can not of be pleasant for the kids to be around. I don't think either Matt or Amy is necessarily a bad parent, but I do think they present an unheathy model for how to partner in a relationship.

• Love 1

Watching this on DVR.  What did Matt expect Amy to do about his injury... offer to stay over at his place and take care of him?  He's the one that wanted to be on his own.  Dealing with injury or illness is something by himself he should have considered before he split.  His disabilities are only going to get worse as he ages. 

I get the feeling Matt thinks he's just going to give Jeremy the farm as a wedding gift at this point.

I get the feeling Matt thinks he's just going to give Jeremy the farm as a wedding gift at this point.

I think Zach is the one who should get the farm.  Jeremy moved away so if he was set on getting/running that place then they might have moved there instead?

Edited by jodo

I wondered what that meant too!  I can't recall hearing much about Audrey's parents, maybe they don't get along and I guess there is also something about Matt and Amy that is suspect...we want details!!  LOL 

• Love 2

What did Matt expect Amy to do about his injury... offer to stay over at his place and take care of him?  He's the one that wanted to be on his own.  Dealing with injury or illness is something by himself he should have considered before he split.  His disabilities are only going to get worse as he ages.

Of *course* Matt expected Amy to drop everything and tend him. He's a narcissist. It's all about him. Next week, when Matt is *hospitalized* right before the wedding? That's Matt making sure all eyes are on him and his suffering as he personally gives away his precious golden son.

Its also really obvious that the Botti family didn't get any input and/or didn't want to be on camera.

• Love 3

The Botti family may have been just fine with the wedding at the farm, considering there were 300 guests. I can't imagine how much a venue that would hold 300 guests would cost. Having the wedding at the farm means no rental for a church or reception area. I would assume half of the guests were from the bride' s side.

Audrey's mother was shown at the shower and did talk a bit about the couple. I'm thinking it may be Audrey that is limiting the time her family if before the camera - she seems to quite enjoy being the centre of attention.  

• Love 3

The Botti family may have been just fine with the wedding at the farm, considering there were 300 guests. I can't imagine how much a venue that would hold 300 guests would cost. Having the wedding at the farm means no rental for a church or reception area. I would assume half of the guests were from the bride' s side.

My cynical side notes that if the Botti family couldn't afford 300 guests at a wedding venue then sure, whoring their daughter's wedding out like she's a fucking Kardashian is fine. Have you seen Amy Roloff's comments on what whores the Kardashian kids are for accepting tradeouts for their wedding?

Because Amy was pretty blunt about how awful it was that whores accepted money and freebies to show off their wedding to the public. It's actually quite amusing, the Roloff "honor" on this point. I kinda suspect that if it involves a free trip and free shit, Matt and Amy would dance a little jig for us and air their sex tapes.

All while bitching their privacy is violated. Hey, what *ever* happened to their publicized complaints that they were getting death threats and were frightened for their lives? Last year...

• Love 1

Did anyone else notice that Tori was wearing her engagement ring (or at least a diamond ring of some kind on her left ring finger) in every pre-engagement scene? I especially noticed it in the fire pit scene at the beginning and their date at the restaurant. I was trying to decide if she/TLC didn't know when they were filming those scenes that they were going to pretend they were pre-engagement, or if they did know but maybe she's one of those women who never take their ring off ever once engaged. Regardless, I have to say I find Tori incredibly likeable.

Edited by truebluesmoky

Also didn't Tori's diamond look huge -- center stone as well as surrounding? I'm assuming the ring was comped or Matt and Amy chipped in? I don't imagine Indoor Goals pays that much and who knows how he is compensated for the various farm projects and for the TV show. Regardless I like the two of them more than Jeremy and Audrey -- they're just more likeable and down to earth.

I also wonder why Audrey said "maybe not" to his parents visiting and followed up with "we can visit them." I'm guessing she already understands they bring a lot of drama, which may be a bit much to handle in a 1-2 bedroom apartment. When they visit on the farm, I'm sure they hang out together as a family but then it seems like they're out and about all over the farm; even in that scene, she and Jeremy were having breakfast by themselves outside at a table that seemed pretty far from the house -- i.e. not right on the deck outside the kitchen.

Of *course* Matt expected Amy to drop everything and tend him. He's a narcissist. It's all about him. Next week, when Matt is *hospitalized* right before the wedding? That's Matt making sure all eyes are on him and his suffering as he personally gives away his precious golden son.

Oh, yes, golden boy, "Jer."  Three's a part of me that does understand where Matt and Amy are coming from with respect to their attitudes towards Jeremy.  Here are two very short-statured people who end up "making" a tall, handsome, well-adjusted kid.

I have to admit, though, that my heart sometimes hurts for Matt because of his childhood and the scars that have resulted.  He is a hard worker and all along the family dynamic has basically centered around the kids, the kids...  As far as I can see, Matt's not unlike a lot of men who ultimately feel de-valued in their marriages, particularly by their wives who, in turn, influence the children's perceptions. 

I think Amy's condescending attitude has influenced Zach more than the other children. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

I enjoyed watching Zach and Tori, they do seem like genuine people. 

I could not understand why Amy sat next to Audrey at the shower, her mom was like two people away, and Amy wouldn't shut up. At least from what we were shown.

I think the thing with Tori's ring just may be that things were shown out of sequence. The producers may have just wanted the engagement to be the end of the episode but maybe the shower, campfire happened after the fact.

I don't understand Amy and Matt sometimes.  Amy has said she hopes things will work out with Matt but he has made it clear he wants out. That was part of why he didn't ask for her help when he hurt his hand, he didn't want to "confuse the situation". 

And I'm thinking the producers may read our boards because there seemed to be a lot of shots of people chewing with their mouths closed. And Tori covered her mouth when she was out to dinner with Zach.  Maybe they've gotten complaints :-).

Can't believe they're showing the wedding next week, didn't it just happen? When did they have time to edit etc.?

I have to admit, though, that my heart sometimes hurts for Matt because of his childhood and the scars that have resulted.

I'm not without sympathy for him concerning his childhood.... I just think it's irritating that he considers it his trump card when dealing with other people. Got a problem? Well, Matt was ripped from his mother's breast and incarcerated in hospitals his ENTIRE childhood. (and yet still managed to have idyllic Tom Sawyer memories of fort building, bike riding, etc etc). Comment on his often poor spelling? Well, dontcha know he can't help it because he spent ALL OF THIRD GRADE in a hospital and NEVER EVER caught up. His kid goes into the hospital for fairly serious surgery? And Matt is right there to tell us all about how he saw the bone saws coming for him in his MANY MANY SURGERIES and NOTHING HELPED HIS CONSTANT PAIN.

For someone who professes to not be bitter, Matt never ever lets it go unsaid that he has CONSTANT PAIN.

He is a hard worker and all along the family dynamic has basically centered around the kids, the kids...  As far as I can see, Matt's not unlike a lot of men who ultimately feel de-valued in their marriages, particularly by their wives who, in turn, influence the children's perceptions.

I have to be honest, I am not very sympathetic on this point. You don't want to compete with the kids for the wife's attention? Then don't have kids. And I have seen far too many scenes of Matt "I don't know why the kids seem to prefer Amy" Roloff snot off to the cameras, where his *kids* can see that spending time with his family is a waste of his time. It was most recently said in one of these specials where he told Amy he wanted to head to Maui and to call him when the kids produced some grandchildren and until then he didn't want to be bothered. This is the same loving dad who proudly noted on camera how he had no regrets that he was late to his sons high school graduation because he just simply didn't feel like expending the energy and time to show up early.

Don't get me wrong, Amy clearly isn't an innocent little princess, but Matt clearly only gives a shit about the kids when it relates specifically to something Matt likes or wants to do. I mean, I know my parents were probably bored as hell attending my youth sporting events, but even if the opportunity presented itself, I don't think they'd get on camera with how it was a waste of their time and they were bored and Matt has done that to his kids since this show started.

• Love 3

I'm not without sympathy for him concerning his childhood.... I just think it's irritating that he considers it his trump card when dealing with other people. Got a problem? Well, Matt was ripped from his mother's breast and incarcerated in hospitals his ENTIRE childhood. (and yet still managed to have idyllic Tom Sawyer memories of fort building, bike riding, etc etc). Comment on his often poor spelling? Well, dontcha know he can't help it because he spent ALL OF THIRD GRADE in a hospital and NEVER EVER caught up. His kid goes into the hospital for fairly serious surgery? And Matt is right there to tell us all about how he saw the bone saws coming for him in his MANY MANY SURGERIES and NOTHING HELPED HIS CONSTANT PAIN.

For someone who professes to not be bitter, Matt never ever lets it go unsaid that he has CONSTANT PAIN.

I have to be honest, I am not very sympathetic on this point. You don't want to compete with the kids for the wife's attention? Then don't have kids. And I have seen far too many scenes of Matt "I don't know why the kids seem to prefer Amy" Roloff snot off to the cameras, where his *kids* can see that spending time with his family is a waste of his time. It was most recently said in one of these specials where he told Amy he wanted to head to Maui and to call him when the kids produced some grandchildren and until then he didn't want to be bothered. This is the same loving dad who proudly noted on camera how he had no regrets that he was late to his sons high school graduation because he just simply didn't feel like expending the energy and time to show up early.

Don't get me wrong, Amy clearly isn't an innocent little princess, but Matt clearly only gives a shit about the kids when it relates specifically to something Matt likes or wants to do. I mean, I know my parents were probably bored as hell attending my youth sporting events, but even if the opportunity presented itself, I don't think they'd get on camera with how it was a waste of their time and they were bored and Matt has done that to his kids since this show started.

And I see your point, I really do.  It's no surprise that our opinions abour others' behaviors stem, at least partially, from our own experiences and upbringing.  With that in mind, you are so right that your own parents probably were a little bored attending sporting events, but their attendance was a sacrifice -- of time, mainly.  Something none of us seems to have enough of these days. They deserve lots of credit.

My past was different; father worked two jobs, and my mother never attended anything I was involved in. Nothing. And she was able bodied.   So I'm seeing Matt in a different light, quite possibly, due, perhaps, to my own past. 

In any case, I see a guy who had a rough childhood physically and felt different from others his age.  I also see a guy who looks to be in very much pain.  I don't believe for one minute it is an act, not that anyone here or elsewhere implied it was.  Since the show began - what? six years ago? -  Matt looks to have aged considerably, and I'm wondering if the chronic pain coupled with the exhaustion every simple action entails - is just wearing him down to the bone.

Audrey rubs me the wrong way. I think she seems to think she's way more important/amazing than she actually is. I think she is going to add further complications to this family that already has enough problems. On the other hand, I really like Tori. She seems like a very nice girl.

I had that gut feeling, too, about Audrey.  Audrey, I suspect, knows how pretty she is and plays it to her advantage.  Is she a natural red head, do you think?  Something about that hair makes me wonder if she's got the fiery and feisty personality to go along with it!

Edited by StayingAfterSunday

I did find myself wondering about her hair. I think it may be naturally red.  But I don't think she's pretty. Not that she's ugly just not an outstanding looking girl.  She does seem to be used to being the center of the universe.

With that in mind, you are so right that your own parents probably were a little bored attending sporting events, but their attendance was a sacrifice -- of time, mainly.  Something none of us seems to have enough of these days. They deserve lots of credit.

I understand your point - I just really dislike the "Amy is creating a divide with the kids" talk when Matt is willing to publically state how spending time at their sporting events, their graduations, anything they're interested in that he is, is a waste of his precious time. Are they supposed to say "Thanks dad, and we all prefer you shitting on us to Mom at least pretending she enjoys being with us"?

I just don't see Matt as the much put upon victim in the alienation of his kids. He's pretty fucking blunt, he only wants to be bothered on his own terms. If it's not on his terms and his schedule, his kids can go fuck themselves because Matt wants what Matt wants.

I also completely agree that Matt has legit physical pain. What I don't like is Matt's insistence that he NEVER lets it get him down, if he wants to do something, his disability never stops him... but we're also supposed to hate Amy for daring to not be at his side when he can't do something she can do. Seriously, Amy can't let her disability get in her way... unless Matt can't do it, and if Matt can't do it then Amy *shouldn't* do anything Matt can't do and is a bad person for not confining her life to what Matt wants. Is that really what people think? If you marry someone with a physical handicap, you MUST NEVER do anything they can't do?

Audrey doesn't bother me in that I can't fault her for being reasonably attractive. I am curious how she will do with Jeremy on a constant basis - this seems to be a fairly long distance relationship with most of their time together spent on fun activities. The reality of living with someone might be a shock for both of them.

I hope for her sake that she doesn't end up supporting them but right now that sounds like the plan.

• Love 1

I understand your point - I just really dislike the "Amy is creating a divide with the kids" talk when Matt is willing to publically state how spending time at their sporting events, their graduations, anything they're interested in that he is, is a waste of his precious time. Are they supposed to say "Thanks dad, and we all prefer you shitting on us to Mom at least pretending she enjoys being with us"?

I just don't see Matt as the much put upon victim in the alienation of his kids. He's pretty fucking blunt, he only wants to be bothered on his own terms. If it's not on his terms and his schedule, his kids can go fuck themselves because Matt wants what Matt wants.

I also completely agree that Matt has legit physical pain. What I don't like is Matt's insistence that he NEVER lets it get him down, if he wants to do something, his disability never stops him... but we're also supposed to hate Amy for daring to not be at his side when he can't do something she can do. Seriously, Amy can't let her disability get in her way... unless Matt can't do it, and if Matt can't do it then Amy *shouldn't* do anything Matt can't do and is a bad person for not confining her life to what Matt wants. Is that really what people think? If you marry someone with a physical handicap, you MUST NEVER do anything they can't do?

Audrey doesn't bother me in that I can't fault her for being reasonably attractive. I am curious how she will do with Jeremy on a constant basis - this seems to be a fairly long distance relationship with most of their time together spent on fun activities. The reality of living with someone might be a shock for both of them.

I hope for her sake that she doesn't end up supporting them but right now that sounds like the plan.

Here is how I have sort of analyzed Amy and Matt regarding  their kids, at least, and their basic natures.  I agree with your characterization of Matt as being quite self absorbed.  To this day I am still not sure of the precise definition of a "narcissist," so I'm refraining from using  that one on Matt, at least for now.

I  think Amy is okay, for the most part.  I actually like her parenting style, but I don't think I could live with her any easier than I could cohabitate with Matt.  Both Amy and Matt are competitive -- VERY competitive, I think - especially in areas where each one thinks he/she excels.  With Matt it's in business; with Amy it's her child-rearing skills and her athletic ability.

What I do not exactly like about Amy is her tendency to talk in a condescending tone to Matt.  At times the way she speaks to him sounds almost as though she is sneering.  It's not nice to witness, even via television, and I imagine it's a hell of a lot worse to be spoken to like that in person. I thought it was odd the way Amy sympathized with Matt when he was showing her his hand injury as the two of them sat in his office.  She had a sort of half-smile on her face that made it appear as though she were amused or -- or what?? That is the question.

Apparently Amy's snide expressions and comments have not gone unnoticed by Matt.  Just the way he looks at her whenever she feels compelled to "one up" something he's said  - or after she's offered another slice of sarcasm suggests he has reached the boiling point.  In recent episodes during scenes when he and Amy are having a "conversation," Matt appears a mere hair away from decking her.  Perhaps his moving out of the main house was one of necessity.  A move to a prefab. bridal suite is, no doubt, superior to taking up residence at the County jail. 

Re: the Audrey and Jeremy topic.  I missed the discussion between A & J about work.  Hmm, I suppose it makes sense that Jeremy can't bring in a full-time job's paycheck if he's still going to school.  Speaking of which, his going to school seems a little tentative at this point.  Jeremy clearly is not on the "college train" and is not so different from many other college students; so many of them are going to college because it's an expected transition after high school.  Problem is just as many of them have no idea what they want to be when they "grow up" or which jobs have the highest earning prospects, etc., etc., etc.  

In short, though, I share your curiosity about what the future holds for these two kids.  Right now Audrey seems to have stars in her eyes about married life and what it's going to be like.  "Coming home and he'll be right there," or something like that?

Edited by StayingAfterSunday

What I do not exactly like about Amy is her tendency to talk in a condescending tone to Matt.  At times the way she speaks to him sounds almost as though she is sneering.  It's not nice to witness, even via television, and I imagine it's a hell of a lot worse to be spoken to like that in person. I thought it was odd the way Amy sat there with a rather patronizing - or was it something else? - half-smile on her face while sitting in Matt's office after he'd suffered the hand injury.

Personally I think Matt gives as good as he gets on being condescending. I mean, he's consistently told her that her work is pointless and meaningless compared to his and that he thinks big while she thinks small. In almost every episode except the most recent ones, Matt consistently lets the audience know how he didn't think Amy could pull off x y or z and is pleasantly surprised that he didn't have to pick up a mess. Again, I agree Amy isn't an innocent victim but like the alienation of the kids, I tire of hearing how poor Matt is the gentle never out of line victim of his family and has no idea why he's not being worshipped by them.... when he is quite public about his open disgust for his wife, and his kids. Like I said about the kids, is she supposed to kiss his ass and thank him and agree that she's a completely useless piece of trash and he's her personal god? There's a point where Matt is responsible for how people act toward him.  

I also think the hand injury occurred after Matt openly left his wife and moved to another house because he couldn't stand how she kept the house and he was pretty openly expecting her to drop every thing and come tend him thru his injury after you know, leaving her for six months. I'd be a little amused as well if the guy who dumped me to live alone pulled that sort of nonsense on me and expected me to come running back.

Jeremy is 24 and he is graduated from Brooks with a fine arts degree in photography. (He actually was finishing his final semester this summer, the show depicted him graduating in april because they don't run a summer graduation ceremony) Per a clip that didn't appear in the show but is up on TLC's website, Audrey has a job that will take her to Los Angeles and Jeremy.... will look for work. So in theory, we're past Audrey needing to support him while he finishes up - he's got the degree.

Mind you, if there's problems, we'll never see them depicted, or it will all be made to look like Audrey's fault. But hopefully there won't be. I just see it as a bit stressful to jump from dating long distance to married, in a new city, with one partner not working.

• Love 2

As far as how our backgrounds color things, I'm sure mine does. My sympathy for Matt left the building with the near constant refrain of how limited he is and how much pain he's in.  I've lived in constant pain for almost 40 years.  My words to Matt: get used to it and shut up.  No one needs to hear it daily or multiple times in an episode.  He can ski but doesn't want to do things with the kids.  He ranks very high on narcissistic traits.

That isn't how a caring parent acts.  I've limped, hobbled, and been pushed in a wheelchair to my children's events.  I've planned weddings and made almost all the arrangements for them.  It's what parents do and without whining about every little thing.  I didn't see Amy being so condescending to Matt early on.  I see her as responding to years and years of nastiness and talking down to her and dumping her with the kids like he did in Ireland.  I'd be getting just a hair sarcastic myself about now. 

• Love 4

Personally I think Matt gives as good as he gets on being condescending. I mean, he's consistently told her that her work is pointless and meaningless compared to his and that he thinks big while she thinks small. In almost every episode except the most recent ones, Matt consistently lets the audience know how he didn't think Amy could pull off x y or z and is pleasantly surprised that he didn't have to pick up a mess. Again, I agree Amy isn't an innocent victim but like the alienation of the kids, I tire of hearing how poor Matt is the gentle never out of line victim of his family and has no idea why he's not being worshipped by them.... when he is quite public about his open disgust for his wife, and his kids. Like I said about the kids, is she supposed to kiss his ass and thank him and agree that she's a completely useless piece of trash and he's her personal god? There's a point where Matt is responsible for how people act toward him.  

I also think the hand injury occurred after Matt openly left his wife and moved to another house because he couldn't stand how she kept the house and he was pretty openly expecting her to drop every thing and come tend him thru his injury after you know, leaving her for six months. I'd be a little amused as well if the guy who dumped me to live alone pulled that sort of nonsense on me and expected me to come running back.

Jeremy is 24 and he is graduated from Brooks with a fine arts degree in photography. (He actually was finishing his final semester this summer, the show depicted him graduating in april because they don't run a summer graduation ceremony) Per a clip that didn't appear in the show but is up on TLC's website, Audrey has a job that will take her to Los Angeles and Jeremy.... will look for work. So in theory, we're past Audrey needing to support him while he finishes up - he's got the degree.

Mind you, if there's problems, we'll never see them depicted, or it will all be made to look like Audrey's fault. But hopefully there won't be. I just see it as a bit stressful to jump from dating long distance to married, in a new city, with one partner not working.

Oh, thank you for clarifying that.  I have missed many episodes over the last year and a half, so I'm trying to piece together what I can. 

So Jeremy has a degree in the fine arts, his major area of concentration being photography?  Oh, brother.  Hmm. What can I say?  Better yet, I think I know what one of the Stuffed Shirts- I mean, "sharks" - from "Shark Tank" would say:  "You don't have a lucrative career prospect; you've got a hobby."  Or something along those lines.  My own gut feeling is that big Jer will be just fine.  His family fame will take him part of the way, his looks and personality will take him the rest of the way.  I just hope he's got the talent to compete with other seasoned photographers vying for jobs in L.A. 

Didn't Jeremy say at one point "one day the farm will be mine" he fully expects to take over the farm.  I wonder if that will cause problems down the line, especially if Matt and Amy don't have a will.

I found an article that backs this up:

"As far as kids go, I have always wanted to have a big family and a lot of kids," Botti shared. "Jer is one of four, so I'd at least want four. But maybe even more than that. I would be very much open to it if it would work financially, but we shall see."

"Ideally, five kids on the farm," Roloff added.

"Yeah, that would be the dream," Botti agreed. "Five kids on the farm, running around."

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/little-people-big-worlds-jeremy-roloff-talks-amazing-wedding-2014239#ixzz3EncmhuOt