Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
NewOrleansLady

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, sATL said:

true. but as places started to open (small businesses/ youth sports, etc) that is what some had to resort to..

and depending on when this was filmed, the lines in some places were massively long. A big ask just to go to a house party

The temperature taking is window dressing that's done to try to reduce an organization's liability. Unfortunately, there were far too many people happy to go with that in order to "get back to normal."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I assume that it’s being held at the farm for filming purposes primarily, but also because the whole thing provides a more interesting (dramatic) storyline than Amy getting married somewhere else. I do think it’s all incredibly tacky but I feel that way about all weddings that are filmed as part of a reality TV show. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

As it was, I was amused to see one of Matt's lies come to light. He's always bragged that he and Amy have a great off screen relationship where they periodically get together. That's at odds with his not knowing where she lives.

I must have missed this statement, was it on last night’s episode?  I will have to rewatch.  

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, EllaWycliffe said:

As to Tory needing to mind her mouth and always praise Matt lest he toss them aside broke and poor as Matt controls their livelyhood... everyone realizes "keep Matt sweet by kissing his ass or he will destroy you financially" doesn't paint him in the nicest light?

Who said  ‘Always praise him”?  Maybe just have some loyalty to the person who may be providing a paycheck for your babe huh.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Not knowing g where Amy lives was stated in last nights episode. He and Amy having a great off screen relationship where they spend time together has been in several interviews.

What Tory said hardly seemed a disrespectful harsh take down of her father in law. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I assume that it’s being held at the farm for filming purposes primarily, but also because the whole thing provides a more interesting (dramatic) storyline than Amy getting married somewhere else. I do think it’s all incredibly tacky but I feel that way about all weddings that are filmed as part of a reality TV show. 

Is it being held at the farm? Amy actually agreed to that? I don't know how I missed that info.  Talk about selling your soul to the devil. For a storyline and a TLC check. 

1 minute ago, EllaWycliffe said:

He and Amy having a great off screen relationship where they spend time together has been in several interviews.

I will never believe that. Did Matt say that or Amy? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

Is it being held at the farm? Amy actually agreed to that? I don't know how I missed that info.  Talk about selling your soul to the devil. For a storyline and a TLC check. 

I didn’t hear her agree to it being held at the farm either. I first thought it would be there, but Amy has such deep love for her man and her second act, she would never have it there for the TLC paycheck.  The wedding is way too sacred and important to her to save a buck.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

What Tory said hardly seemed a disrespectful harsh take down of her father in law. 

I agree, not sure who said that but I think she threw some shade.

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Matt's said it in several interviews usually when he's complaining that production focuses on the arguments.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Matt's said it in several interviews usually when he's complaining that production focuses on the arguments.

Oh, well, now I definitely 100% don't believe it. Matt lies. I want to hear that come out of Amy's mouth. 😀

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, readheaded said:

The temperature taking is window dressing that's done to try to reduce an organization's liability. Unfortunately, there were far too many people happy to go with that in order to "get back to normal."

wow.. this is a first of hearing that taking someone's temp is a "window dressing". Sure getting a certified regulated grade A covid test is a wonderful medical option, but if one can't (for a plethora of reasons) then I wouldn't condemn those for trying the next best option(s) on the list. 

Edited by sATL
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Oh, I have no idea if it’s being held at the farm.  Matt offered, but Amy was NOT interested.  She paid it lip service to be polite.  It was my prediction long ago that they would be married at the farm property and that Matt would attend.  I could be wrong. We shall see.  Most everyone thinks it’s a horrible idea.  I think it’s a great idea for multiple reasons, but Amy is the bride.  She may want something more upscale where they have lots of servers, dance floor, air conditioning, easy transport, hotel rooms on site, etc.  Still, for the show, the farm storyline is much better.     

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe TLC said the farm!  If they (TLC) are not paying or recording at another farm or venue I’m sure the happy couple won’t want to fork over any money so they’ll do what’s free. 
 

Then to there’s the TLC paycheck for the extravaganza!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, sATL said:

wow.. this is a first of hearing that taking someone's temp is a "window dressing". Sure getting a certified regulated grade A covid test is a wonderful medical option, but if one can't (for a plethora of reasons) then I wouldn't condemn those for trying the next best option(s) on the list. 

There are several articles and research about it. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/13/health/covid-fever-checks-dining.html

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I wish them the best at their wedding. My parents personally know 3 people who just died over the last  2 weeks from covid!  They were over age 60 and could have been vaccinated, but declined.  So, i hope they keep it outside.  

  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

😂

I mean really.... wtf? 

Did she wash her face with charcoal and eat the left over bits?

I think she may have a metabolic issue. I have dark coloring on my neck and up my cheeks from diabetes. The face is a common area for it to appear. It is called acanthosis nigricans.

 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 5

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, spacefly said:

I think she may have a metabolic issue. I have dark coloring on my neck and up my cheeks from diabetes. The face is a common area for it to appear. It is called acanthosis nigricans.

 

I don't think that's Amy's problem since her face looks perfectly normal in other pictures from the same time period, she posts a LOT on instagram and some days she looks fine and other days her hair is a a greasy dirty mop, her face looks sweaty, dirty and she often has food stuck in her teeth.

  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

Ratings:  1.376 M viewers and a .23 rating.  Tenth cable show of the day. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

7 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Ratings:  1.376 M viewers and a .23 rating.  Tenth cable show of the day. 

I never understand how to judge the ratings. Are they doing good or bad. Thank you for posting them. I always read them just don’t understand!

  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I never understand how to judge the ratings. Are they doing good or bad. Thank you for posting them. I always read them just don’t understand!

It's all completely relative especially to their position at their network.  For instance, for the night they were TLC's top rated show.  Being the tenth cable show of the day is a good position.  

Every year it seems the viewer numbers shrink so what is good or bad shifts lower and lower.  Right now they're doing well enough.  

Another thing to watch is the trend over the season.  Do they stay steady?  Go up?  Down?  A steady drop over the season is never a good sign.  

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I think Amy should look into getting facials, probably on a weekly basis for a while. Her skin just looks soooo bad. 
Also adapting some of her recipes so they are healthier and lower in calories would be good for both her and Chris. 
I actually think that out of all of Matt’s kid’s Zach would do best living on the property.  Jacob is too busy being Jack Kerouac 2.0, Molly lives and works in Washington, and Jeremy and “Oddly” are too busy chasing fame  to really see that the property is cared for. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Teriacky said:

I think Amy should look into getting facials, probably on a weekly basis for a while. Her skin just looks soooo bad. 
Also adapting some of her recipes so they are healthier and lower in calories would be good for both her and Chris. 
I actually think that out of all of Matt’s kid’s Zach would do best living on the property.  Jacob is too busy being Jack Kerouac 2.0, Molly lives and works in Washington, and Jeremy and “Oddly” are too busy chasing fame  to really see that the property is cared for. 

Zach would be fine just living on the farm, but not if he has to do any work. He seems to do as little as possible.

Agree Amy could use some skin care. I think some of it is sun damage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Did anyone notice Tori make two comments that sounded like she was calling someone an idiot or knuckle head.....I’m not sure if she was talking to Zach or Jackson.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

That’s rich Matt saying they always discussed big decisions together. Rewriting history. Then when going to visit their home  and saying he’s locked  and loaded shooting his fingers pistols.   What a jerk.   Oh Caryn please note how he said how wonderful having the whole 100 acres to himself.was. .   .    
I think Chris is teasing her about the wedding being at the farm.  He’s laughing and teasing I hope it’s a joke.
He’s still  buying stuff to fill up his barn , didn’t he have to have a giant sale of all the things he had to have and not even remember why or when he bought them? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

He and Amy having a great off screen relationship where they spend time together has been in several interviews.

I watch this show so sporadically that I CANNOT IMAGINE their having "a great off-screen relationship."  Matt cheated on Amy and his family with an office worker--his "secretary," who smiled to every family member, working closely with them, becoming "part of the family," while screwing their husband/father.  "Great relationship" is a real stretch.   

Still...relationships could have evolved over the years that I didn't see--because I didn't care.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

I watch this show so sporadically that I CANNOT IMAGINE their having "a great off-screen relationship."  Matt cheated on Amy and his family with an office worker--his "secretary," who smiled to every family member, working closely with them, becoming "part of the family," while screwing their husband/father.  "Great relationship" is a real stretch.   

I happen to agree  but Matt in interviews also claims the fights are enhanced by production and he and Amy really get along well, and Matt would never ever lie about that, now would he?

If he genuinely had no idea where his ex's new house was - and he said that on camera - then these two aren't close off screen.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

I think Chris is teasing her about the wedding being at the farm.  He’s laughing and teasing I hope it’s a joke.

Me too...V...me too. A bad/sad joke.   K

19 minutes ago, athousandclowns said:

What a jerk.   Oh Caryn please note how he said how wonderful having the whole 100 acres to himself.was. .   .    

Yeah!  that's rich!  Caryn misspeaks and says she's married--and he reminds us he's the self-centered prig he's been since childhood.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, LucyEth said:

I didn’t hear her agree to it being held at the farm either. I first thought it would be there, but Amy has such deep love for her man and her second act, she would never have it there for the TLC paycheck.  The wedding is way too sacred and important to her to save a buck.

HOPEFULLY!   And was that a red herring--the offer of a wedding "venue" at one of Chris's best friends' beautiful home and property?  Although we saw those scenes first, were they really shot before Matt (Caryn?) made that "generous offer"?

The friend's property is probably "no cost" to Chris and Amy ... perhaps some cost to TLC. Would fans of this show (I'm not a fan) really enjoy seeing Matt butting into/delaying/running everyone's business if the event is scheduled at HIS farm? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Back Atcha said:

The friend's property is probably "no cost" to Chris and Amy ... perhaps some cost to TLC. Would fans of this show (I'm not a fan) really enjoy seeing Matt butting into/delaying/running everyone's business if the event is scheduled at HIS farm? 

What other storyline does Matt have? That he is willing to participate in?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I’ve never seen any cheating with an employee on the show, but if anything happened with Matt during the marriage, I would imagine it being more of an emotional affair.  That’s often more intimate than a physical one.  I’m glad that Matt and Amy seem to be with people they seem better suited to be with. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did anyone notice Tori make two comments that sounded like she was calling someone an idiot or knuckle head.....I’m not sure if she was talking to Zach or Jackson.

The one I remember was for the cameras and Tori asked Jackson what his favorite activity is and before Jackson could answer Zach blurted out that Jackson likes his scooter so Tori jokingly called Zach a knucklehead and said that she wanted Jackson to answer which he did once Zach kept his mouth shut.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Joan of Argh said:

The one I remember was for the cameras and Tori asked Jackson what his favorite activity is and before Jackson could answer Zach blurted out that Jackson likes his scooter so Tori jokingly called Zach a knucklehead and said that she wanted Jackson to answer which he did once Zach kept his mouth shut.

Maybe that was it.  I think the other time was when they went to visit Amy and she realized the price tag was still on the flowers.  Why would she think Jackson or Zach would think to remove a price tag?  🤷🏼

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Maybe that was it.  I think the other time was when they went to visit Amy and she realized the price tag was still on the flowers.  Why would she think Jackson or Zach would think to remove a price tag?  🤷🏼

Yes you’re right I remember that and Tori also said “he’s spilling it” or something like that because Jackson was carrying the bouquet of flowers and he had it tipped so the water was pouring out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’ve never seen any cheating with an employee on the show, but if anything happened with Matt during the marriage, I would imagine it being more of an emotional affair.  That’s often more intimate than a physical one.  I’m glad that Matt and Amy seem to be with people they seem better suited to be with. 

Well, they wouldn't have had sex on camera, would they? I do agree that they seem better suited to other people. They probably got married too quickly and too young, as well.

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/23/2020 at 9:27 PM, LucyEth said:

There is certain criteria that she may not meet.  Not a given she will get a share of Matt’s  SS.

Yes that has stopped  a few years ago.  i missed out : (  and she is younger than me by 4 years.

Share this post


Link to post

2 hours ago, Adiba said:

Well, they wouldn't have had sex on camera, would they?

That's really the only thing that would convince some people, and it would have to be time stamped and Matt would have to swear its true. And then he'd get the "Well, Amy is so awful, he kinda had to" routine like he gets for the drinking.

Amy said he had an affair in her book and Matt didn't sue her back to the dark ages and he's litigious. I have no doubt he cheated on Amy because honestly, he just doesn't strike me as terribly considered about anything but his own needs and pleasures. 

If an example of that is needed - show me Matt expressing any concern at all about how his kids might feel about his leaving Amy. It never came up - only what Matt wanted. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

I don’t think that having the wedding on the farm is a horrible idea. She lived there for 30 years and raised her kids there so even though Matt owns it it’s still special for her. She could do it there with the stipulation that Matt and Caryn spend that weekend in AZ and butt out of the planning. 
 

Those metal statues were hideous, and not in a scary Halloween way. They were just BAD. What a waste of money. They could have done so many other things to keep the farm “fresh“. 
 

Watching Amy’s bitchface is so uncomfortable. I don’t see what Chris sees in her at all. She’s gotta be bringing him down. And they are not going to get along living together when he’s neat and she’s messy. Being uncluttered seems very  important to him, more than the usual person. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I remember watching the way Amy treated Matt back in the day and I thought, omg, I hope he gets away from her and finds someone who isn’t so hostile.  I honestly didn’t think he ever would.  I can see how someone in his situation might be hesitant to do that.( So, that goes to show how much I know. 😝)  If he had an extramarital affair, it was not right. It’s always best to end things and then move on with a new relationship. But, I wasn’t in his shoes.  As it turns out, he and Amy ended up with new mates that they seem better suited for.  Amy seems much happier.  I guess Matt was not the one for her.   Carrying grudges only hurts the one who carries it.  Sometimes, we have to ask ourselves, do we want to be right or be happy.   After we’ve proven we’re right, what does that get us?   So, if Amy was wronged, she was wronged.  I’m not sure how that helps her moving forward in life. I mean, who wants pity?  I would imagine that Chris has gotten an earful about Matt since he met Amy, yet, he seems to have zero negativity towards him.  That speaks volumes to me.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
47 minutes ago, Marley GMA said:

Yes that has stopped  a few years ago.  i missed out : (  and she is younger than me by 4 years.

According to the Social Security website:

If you are divorced, your ex-spouse can receive benefits based on your record (even if you have remarried) if:

  • Your marriage lasted 10 years or longer.
  • Your ex-spouse is unmarried.
  • Your ex-spouse is age 62 or older.
  • The benefit that your ex-spouse is entitled to receive based on their own work is less than the benefit they would receive based on your work.
  • You are entitled to Social Security retirement or disability benefits.

So if Amy were not to marry Chris, she'd be eligible for Matt's SS in the event of Matt's death, because they were married more than 10 years.  But she has to be unmarried to qualify.  She's only 56 now, so it's a moot discussion until she's 62.  Maybe by then, she and Chris will be divorced.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

fter we’ve proven we’re right, what does that get us?   So, if Amy was wronged, she was wronged.  I’m not sure how that helps her moving forward in life. I mean, who wants pity?

Its called validation.

"Matt was wrong to cheat." is not the same as "We weren't in his shoes so it's bad but she's so terrible...."

The first is clear, the second very much implies Matt really wasn't wrong to cheat, he had valid reasons to do so, and Amy should have been a better wife and maybe he wouldn't have *needed* to violate their vows.

Sunnybebe - sometimes people need to hear "You didn't deserve to have your husband cheat on you, he shouldn't have cheated, period". When its couched in how poor precious Matt was so unhappy in his marriage, it's putting the blame on Amy because it was apparently her job to keep Matt happy and she failed cause no man cheats on a pleasing wife. Except that yes, men do cheat on wives who please. They just know they can blame their wives. 

Now I agree Amy shouldn't spend her life waiting for Matt to ever apologize. At the same time, I have no reason to accuse Amy of lying when she says Matt cheated. Particularly when I thought it was pretty obviously happening long before she clued in.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Carrying grudges only hurts the one who carries it.  

This 100%.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

3 hours ago, EllaWycliffe said:

Its called validation.

"Matt was wrong to cheat." is not the same as "We weren't in his shoes so it's bad but she's so terrible...."

The first is clear, the second very much implies Matt really wasn't wrong to cheat, he had valid reasons to do so, and Amy should have been a better wife and maybe he wouldn't have *needed* to violate their vows.

Sunnybebe - sometimes people need to hear "You didn't deserve to have your husband cheat on you, he shouldn't have cheated, period". When its couched in how poor precious Matt was so unhappy in his marriage, it's putting the blame on Amy because it was apparently her job to keep Matt happy and she failed cause no man cheats on a pleasing wife. Except that yes, men do cheat on wives who please. They just know they can blame their wives. 

Now I agree Amy shouldn't spend her life waiting for Matt to ever apologize. At the same time, I have no reason to accuse Amy of lying when she says Matt cheated. Particularly when I thought it was pretty obviously happening long before she clued in.

Right, Matt and Amy weren't "wrong" to get divorced, imo--but Matt was wrong to cheat. Full stop.

@SunnyBeBe I also feel there is a big difference in the way Matt feels about Chris versus the way Amy probably feels about Caryn. Matt and Chris were not friends before he and Amy started dating. Chris was not a long- time trusted employee of Matt, either. Imagine the comments here if it were the case that Amy cheated on Matt with a friend and employee (hypothetically the late Mike)?

I do agree that Amy should try to let go as much as she can--they say divorce is like a death--Amy may never completely get over it, but living well is the best revenge.

Edited by Adiba · Reason: typo
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

A completely separate subject - I was highly amused that Matt's super dream house that he wants so bad had no decided on plan at this filming (over a year ago) and still hasn't been started.

And that Caryn was clearly a bit annoyed about it. 

  • Like 7
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post

I wouldn’t want to get married at an exes property but if Amy is comfortable with getting married on the farm then she should do so.

I find it confusing to remember if Amy still owns a portion of the farm because when they were sitting outside with Matt and Caryn ... Amy pointed out that she still owns a portion of the farm... so at that point when Matt suggested it she still owned part of the farm.

I realize that scene was filmed a while ago and maybe she sold the last portion that she owned since then, Do we know what Amy actually owns now?

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

As of now, Matt owns the farm property totally while Amy's ownership in the business isn't clear. When this was filmed - late spring, early summer 2020, Amy still own half of the original farm property. Amy sold her remaining half to Matt in the summer/fall 2020. 

  • Like 1
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, EllaWycliffe said:

As of now, Matt owns the farm property totally while Amy's ownership in the business isn't clear. When this was filmed - late spring, early summer 2020, Amy still own half of the original farm property. Amy sold her remaining half to Matt in the summer/fall 2020. 

Oh ok, thanks 😊

I have a hard time keeping it all sorted out.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/12/2021 at 8:50 PM, Back Atcha said:

HOPEFULLY!   And was that a red herring--the offer of a wedding "venue" at one of Chris's best friends' beautiful home and property?  Although we saw those scenes first, were they really shot before Matt (Caryn?) made that "generous offer"?

The friend's property is probably "no cost" to Chris and Amy ... perhaps some cost to TLC. Would fans of this show (I'm not a fan) really enjoy seeing Matt butting into/delaying/running everyone's business if the event is scheduled at HIS farm? 

Amy might have slipped today during the chat with Lisa!

She was talking about the wedding and getting excited and said 'when they open the doors'! 

Sounds like something other than the farm!

  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

She was talking about the wedding and getting excited and said 'when they open the doors'! 

Sounds like something other than the farm!

I really hope that's the case. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Scarlett45

Important reminders: 

1. Our (golden) Be Civil rule applies to your fellow members.  It does not apply to the show, the characters, the cast, etc.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody related to the show providing it doesn't violate our hate speech policy

2. As per our site spoiler policy: episodes released on premium or pay-per-view services are not considered spoilers.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size