Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Tori allowed the dog to run free and eat dirty diaper at the farm, almost turn over Zach’s kayak with him in it, almost knock Amy over outside at another occasion.....I’m not impressed with their ability to control the dog. It’s not Murphy’s fault.  Hopefully, she will reconsider and re-home him. Jacob and his wife might be better able to provide for Murphy.

Jacob and his wife seem to be living in a van with 2 large dogs, so no on that one!

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

I also noticed that one of the sets of steps in z&t house had no carpeting. Zach and jackson were heading up this set of stairs together but i think last week jackson was going up them on his own (!!!!) with no carpeting. No traction, dangerous.

so i counted. Approximately 41 times in last night's episode that tori said "like". "So i was like, he was like," etc. Yep.

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, tvisme said:

I dunno - to me, Zach and Tori seem to really get each other and have a strong bond.  They feel like one of the stronger reality show marriages out there. (I know, low bar!)  🙂

I completely agree and i really like how they are with each other, they banter back and forth a lot but usually in fun, and they show each other a lot of respect.  They really do appear to be well suited to me and they seem like great parents too. 👩‍❤️‍👨👨‍👩‍👧‍👦

• Love 7
13 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Jacob and his wife seem to be living in a van with 2 large dogs, so no on that one!

wife??? he got married?? on or off the farm ?

• LOL 1
12 hours ago, seasons said:

I also noticed that one of the sets of steps in z&t house had no carpeting. Zach and jackson were heading up this set of stairs together but i think last week jackson was going up them on his own (!!!!) with no carpeting. No traction, dangerous.

so i counted. Approximately 41 times in last night's episode that tori said "like". "So i was like, he was like," etc. Yep.

Seasons...First of all, thanks so much for counting! I knew it was way down, and you know what my guess is? Tori didn’t have half as much screen time as she did the week before.  And the good news is we no longer have to be subjected to the Dept. of Redundancy Dept. until next year, if at all.

Regarding Zack & Jackson going up those uncarpeted stairs, I was actually cringing just waiting for one or both of them to fall!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Maizie131 said:

Seasons...First of all, thanks so much for counting! I knew it was way down, and you know what my guess is? Tori didn’t have half as much screen time as she did the week before.  And the good news is we no longer have to be subjected to the Dept. of Redundancy Dept. until next year, if at all.

Regarding Zack & Jackson going up those uncarpeted stairs, I was actually cringing just waiting for one or both of them to fall!

My pleasure, @Maizie131! It was fun to count. There were almost 15 "like"s in the first 5 minutes! I thought the same thing that there were fewer this episode since T was busy having baby Lilah! I might have to count again next season. For scientific purposes, of course! 📝📋📊📈

Gosh, Lilah really is an adorable baby. 💕

Those stairs are not good at all.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, seasons said:

Those stairs are not good at all.

We've probably all made bad decisions.  Getting rid of that place sooner rather than later is the best way to rectify a bad decision and moving on safely.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

We've probably all made bad decisions.  Getting rid of that place sooner rather than later is the best way to rectify a bad decision and moving on safely.

I think that place will be tough to sell even to an average sized family.

I don't think there's that many people who want 5 different levels with stairs everywhere.... it's a good thing that Tori said it's their "forever home" because they could be stuck with it forever.

Also...

Amy's house was on the market for a very long time, I'd love to know why no one else wanted it.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, sATL said:

wife??? he got married?? on or off the farm ?

They got married on the coast of Oregon. It was her brother, Molly and her husband Joel who attended the ceremony. Then they had a reception on the farm.

Edited by ginger90
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The got married on the coast of Oregon. It was her brother, Molly and her husband Joel who attended the ceremony. Then they had a reception on the farm.

Yes sorry I forgot they tied the knot on the beach and 2 days later had a big reception at the farm... I think I get confused because she has her wedding dress on and they didn't reveal they had eloped until later so People magazine and everyone else reported that they married in a farmhouse ceremony at Roloff Farms.

I guess they wanted it to be a secret and private.

• Love 2

Thank goodness Zack was able to make it through the birth!  Hiding out in the hallway until the doctor himself came and got him!  No epidural for him.  I think he wanted to stay in that hallway during the c section!

Bless his heart!

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Yes sorry I forgot they tied the knot on the beach and 2 days later had a big reception at the farm... I think I get confused because she has her wedding dress on and they didn't reveal they had eloped until later so People magazine and everyone else reported that they married in a farmhouse ceremony at Roloff Farms.

I guess they wanted it to be a secret and private.

Amy must be over the moon with happiness... all 4 kids married, and she will be married soon.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, sATL said:

Amy must be over the moon with happiness... all 4 kids married, and she will be married soon.

Ya well not that soon.... Now she's saying all the spots are taken in 2021 and it will probably be later... 🙄

I think Chris is just another fake fiance provided by TLC like they did for Whitney Way Thore on her TLC show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Ya well not that soon.... Now she's saying all the spots are taken in 2021 and it will probably be later... 🙄

I think Chris is just another fake fiance provided by TLC like they did for Whitney Way Thore on her TLC show.

hmm. I know COVID has postponed and moved quite a bit out to 2021.. But she's stating that every justice of the peace, minister, judge, or whom ever else can legally bond 2 people in matrimony in the state of Oregon is BUSY until 2022 ??? 

Hell, even GMA has been marrying folks most of the week.. SHe should have submitted her name. GMA has always been kind to TLC cast members,.

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 2
  • Love 5

I'm going out on a limb and saying that Amy's wedding will be up to TLC on scheduling, venue, etc.  This is ratings gold, along with baby birthing, so, it has to be used.  If they don't feature it, I will be shocked!  AND, I bet that the invitations to Matt and Caryn will also be a part of the storyline!  The reason is that it will create drama for the show and that cannot be wasted.  (I used to think that  Matt and Amy were the producers of the show?  But, according to this link, that's not the case any longer.)  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_People,_Big_World

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

Did you know that Whitney is no longer engaged?  Her "fiance" (or the actor pretending to be her fiance) went back to his old girlfriend and got her preggers.  

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
16 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I used to think that  Matt and Amy were the producers of the show?  But, according to this link, that's not the case any longer.

Even if participants are listed with producer credit, they aren't in charge of the show.  It's one way to funnel the listed people a little extra money as they get paid for their "producer" credit.  In reality it means very little.  They get to sit on some meetings discussing the story lines for the season.

The reality participants are never the only producers listed.  The other ones given credit are the ones doing the real work. 

Edited by Absolom
1 hour ago, sATL said:

hmm. I know COVID has postponed and moved quite a bit out to 2021.. But she's stating that every justice of the peace, minister, judge, or whom ever else can legally bond 2 people in matrimony in the state of Oregon is BUSY until 2022 ??? 

Hell, even GMA has been marrying folks most of the week.. SHe should have submitted her name. GMA has always been kind to TLC cast members,.

Here's an idea and a story line, she could have Jeremy marry them! You know, because he's so godly and an expert on marriage and all. I'm sure he could get ordained online, Matt would no doubt let them have the wedding on the farm, and hasn't she already said she's getting a dress from Randy from Say Yes to the Dress? Look at that, wedding planned! Where is my producer credit?

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Here's an idea and a story line, she could have Jeremy marry them! You know, because he's so godly and an expert on marriage and all. I'm sure he could get ordained online, Matt would no doubt let them have the wedding on the farm, and hasn't she already said she's getting a dress from Randy from Say Yes to the Dress? Look at that, wedding planned! Where is my producer credit?

Found a website where you can be ordained for free in Oregon, and you can BUY fancy certificates if you want to.  Pretty sure Auj would post one of those on the wall to "prove" they are godly people.

Better yet, let Auj get ordained.  She'd love to be at the center of the wedding pictures.

Besides, I don't think Carhartt makes ministerial robes for Jer.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 5/20/2020 at 9:59 AM, Phoebe70 said:

I’m not a fan of Caryn, but I have to give her props after watching last night’s episode. She was very involved with Jackson, 

Ditto - in that aspect Matt is LUCKY to have her otherwise there is no way he could have Jackson on his own.  Do we really believe he was changing Zach and Jeremy's diapers?? I think the diaper changing was all for show so Matt and Caryn could show the world that Matt DOES help and CAN help.  don't believe it.   I don't agree with how Caryn came into that family but I do think she would make a great grandparent. 

On 5/20/2020 at 11:32 AM, Kid said:

I’ve decided I’m not watching the show anymore because I simply cannot stand the way Murphy is treated. The dog cannot help that he’s big. He is a happy boy, full of exuberance, and needs to be properly trained. Because, if he hurts one of those kids accidentally,   it will be the dog that will pay.   In addition, we have seen him eating Kleenex, eating other things, and during Amy’s talking head, he was behind her eating a bush. I can’t take it. He’s a beautiful dog, and maybe reality is different, but what I see on this show is neglect. So I am done.

Even the most trained dogs eat random shit.  It's just what they do.  That breed seems to be very laid back, which I think is why Tori decided to get the same breed again. People would be throwing so much hate if she got a Pitbull or mastif.  And usually big dod breeds are a lot more tolerant of stuff than little dogs.

On 5/20/2020 at 11:43 AM, Tikichick said:

And the house they just bought, knowing that in addition to Zach their son was LP.  Tori had her heart set on that house and that type of dog, nothing was going to make her budge.

I don't think she had her heart set on it. They were outbid numerous times, just like Amy and were getting frustrated with the process.  Why they were so desperate to find a house, no idea but I do think it came down to "ok we like this one enough, let's go for it because someone else gets it first" 

On 5/20/2020 at 2:41 PM, BrownBear2012 said:

One of the producers asking Tori and Zach if they are going to have another baby after they just had their second on was stupid and ridiculous. Who the hell asks that when they just had another baby???

I think people who just had a baby get asked this A LOT.  I think it's dumb also.  Sure, I'm sure a women in a huge amount of pain is dying to have another baby!

On 5/20/2020 at 5:36 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

If I recall correctly, the first dog never lived at the farm, but spent time there with Zach and Tori. I can’t recall if she had him before they got married or not. Maybe, others do. 

Correct, Sully(I think??) was Tori's dog only as she had him before they were even engaged I think.  He never lived at the farm - just visited every time Tori was there.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Did you know that Whitney is no longer engaged?  Her "fiance" (or the actor pretending to be her fiance) went back to his old girlfriend and got her preggers.  

Yup that's why I posted it...  👍

We all suspected that her fiance was fake and provided by TLC... he conveniently showed up out of nowhere and swept Whitney off her feet, bunch of baloney 😂

Just like Chris conveniently showing up at a paint party and sweeping Amy off her feet.

Neither of them could provide a fiance so TLC did it for them.

TLC is awful, they provide all kinds of fake people on 90 Day Fiance as well, I don't trust any of their story lines anymore. 👎

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
48 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Didn't they get Murphy when Jackson was just a few months old? I don't think the dog has ever come close to being properly trained. 

I'm not sure exactly how old Jackson was but IIRC he was still using a walker to scoot around in so he wasn't walking on his own when they got Murphy.

(edited)
4 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Didn't they get Murphy when Jackson was just a few months old? I don't think the dog has ever come close to being properly trained. 

Please tell me he is at his full grown size... and weight-with proper exercise/ diet  .

Edited by sATL
  • Useful 1
7 hours ago, sATL said:

Anyone can get minister credentials on the internet.  She can have one of her goofy friends marry them.

• LOL 2

All this talk of ministers brought to mind that little church on their property.  What is the deal with that church?  Is it just a fake building like western town, or is it really someplace to go have quiet time in a religious space?  Does anyone know?

• Useful 1
16 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

All this talk of ministers brought to mind that little church on their property.  What is the deal with that church?  Is it just a fake building like western town, or is it really someplace to go have quiet time in a religious space?  Does anyone know?

I think it's more of a prop than an actual church, it's nice in the background for pics etc.

• Love 2

Could Zack be any less affectionate to his son? When Matt & Caryn brought Jackson back home after watching him for a few days, Zack said something like, "Welcome back home Jackson," and patted his head like a baseball coach would. No hug, kiss, big smile?

Also it would have been much better for Jackson if his father had greeted him at home without holding the new baby sister. That was the problem in the hospital as well - Jackson walked in and his mother was holding another child. Of course that would put Jackson off.

I also noticed when Zack put Jackson in his room for a nap. He just put the kid in, told him to go to sleep, and closed the door. Don't let the door hit you in the ass, Jackson, and don't get out of bed or you'll be scolded via the baby monitor.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
19 minutes ago, SDVegas said:

Could Zack be any less affectionate to his son? When Matt & Caryn brought Jackson back home after watching him for a few days, Zack said something like, "Welcome back home Jackson," and patted his head like a baseball coach would. No hug, kiss, big smile?

Also it would have been much better for Jackson if his father had greeted him at home without holding the new baby sister. That was the problem in the hospital as well - Jackson walked in and his mother was holding another child. Of course that would put Jackson off.

I also noticed when Zack put Jackson in his room for a nap. He just put the kid in, told him to go to sleep, and closed the door. Don't let the door hit you in the ass, Jackson, and don't get out of bed or you'll be scolded via the baby monitor.

With the parenting skills Zach learned from Amy, Jackson should soon expect Zach to come in his room ringing a big bell when it's time for Jackson to get ready for pre-school. 

Given the way the rest of their house looks, I'm pretty sure Tori will have sheets on the bed for her kids.

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

I never shut the door when I put my children down for their naps. I wanted them to be able to sleep with normal noise during the day. Baby monitors did exist back then but I didn't use them. My boys learned to sleep with activity around them. I'm not a fan of 'dumping the kid' in their cribs or playpen to sleep. We had a routine for that too, just like at night. I would slightly close the blinds in their room but not leave them in the dark..just dimmed the light a bit. To each his own, I guess. I agree that Jackson should not have been greeted by the parent holding another baby. He clearly was overwhelmed at the hospital.

• Love 4

I think Amy would do herself proud to not get married on Roloff farms.  She sold the big house to Matt and keeps telling the world it's a new chapter she's living.

Pick a venue that suits Amy and fake I mean Chris and do your own thing.  Take fakes, I mean Chris last name and really start your new chapter!

Please don't hang on and bitch!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

She sold the big house to Matt and keeps telling the world it's a new chapter she's living.

She and Matt still own the big house, and I believe that includes 34 acres.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

She sold the big house to Matt and keeps telling the world it's a new chapter she's living.

She sold her share of the double wide side (DW) to Matt.  I think they still own the original side with the big house together unless they've sold it recently.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I wanted them to be able to sleep with normal noise during the day.

My third could sleep while I vacuumed under the crib.  🙂  I agree, though, that Zach really showed no affection to Jackson.  When I saw him greeting Jackson while holding the new baby, I couldn't believe it.  No common sense whatsoever.  For the first time I liked Caryn this episode.  She really is great with kids.

• Love 3

Jackson is old enough now for preschool. Hopefully when this virus situation calms down they will send him. And potty train him. He is 3. At school hopefully he can learn to speak for himself as well.

• Love 5

That episode of Seinfeld was hysterical. 😄 I think babies are adorable, but honestly, they aren't all cute when they're born.  Some babies look like little old men.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

Why was this season so short?  No pun intended.  Was it cut short by Corona or was it planned this way?

How many episodes did we get?  It seemed they had to work to get even the number that they did.  The last few seasons have been fairly short:  8, 10, 12, 10, and x.

ETA:  It looks like Tuesday will be episode 9 so right in line with the most recent seasons.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
19 minutes ago, Absolom said:

How many episodes did we get?  It seemed they had to work to get even the number that they did.  The last few seasons have been fairly short:  8, 10, 12, 10, and x.

ETA:  It looks like Tuesday will be episode 9 so right in line with the most recent seasons.

Oh ok, I’m watching some of the earlier seasons, and they had 20 plus episodes.  Of course there was probably more interest back then.

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I thought the last episode with Lilahs birth was the finale and Amy said on her Live with Lisa that she thought the birth of lilah was the perfect finale and we've already seen Lilahs birth.

So are you saying there's another episode this Tuesday?

2 minutes ago, Joan of Argh said:

So are you saying there's another episode this Tuesday?

Maybe not.  A new episode is showing up in the guide, but then it's one of the inside the episode things so basically last week's episode re-edited.  Sorry.

• Love 1
(edited)

OK I went and read the info for Tuesdays episode it's one of those "Inside the episode: Lilacs big debut and it's just Zack and tori recapping lilacs birth... Snore

Tori will say" like" about 50 times and Zack will snicker about biblical cords.

Edited by Joan of Argh
My autocorrect hates Lilah and always changes it to lilac lol... I can't be bothered changing it... Again.
  • LOL 4
On 5/23/2020 at 9:56 AM, Absolom said:

She sold her share of the double wide side (DW) to Matt.  I think they still own the original side with the big house together unless they've sold it recently.  

Amy sold the big house to Matt.  That's why she moved to the new house.  On Matt's  fb page he talks about having it cleaned and painted!

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

Amy sold the big house to Matt.  That's why she moved to the new house.  On Matt's  fb page he talks about having it cleaned and painted!

I think he is building a house with Caryn so they will either sell or rent it or let the kids live there.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Useful 1

According to Amy, she and Matt still own “the big house”, and that property. He bought her out of the rest, where the double wide is. The original property was 34 acres, and that’s what they both still own.

• Love 4