Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Scarlett45

Important reminders: 

1. Our (golden) Be Civil rule applies to your fellow members.  It does not apply to the show, the characters, the cast, etc.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody related to the show providing it doesn't violate our hate speech policy

2. As per our site spoiler policy: episodes released on premium or pay-per-view services are not considered spoilers.

• Start Topic

Hey guys, let the mod team decide what is/is not on topic here. 

If you have a question about something being on/off topic in the future please use the report button.  Do not engage in the thread.

I thought Matt was talking from his heart when he kept telling Amy what a great job she did with the kids.  And he said it more than once in that episode and I found it surprising she never said anything like "back at ya Matt or you were part of it too."  She just kept smiling like heap more praise on me especially for the camera!  I felt sorry for Matt wearing his heart on his sleeve so to speak.    

• Love 3

I thought Matt was talking from his heart when he kept telling Amy what a great job she did with the kids.  And he said it more than once in that episode and I found it surprising she never said anything like "back at ya Matt or you were part of it too."  She just kept smiling like heap more praise on me especially for the camera!  I felt sorry for Matt wearing his heart on his sleeve so to speak.

I'll be honest, I was genuinely shocked because it was the first time I'd heard Matt say something nice about his wife where he wasn't passive aggressively running her down at the same time. Maybe she was shocked too.

Frankly, I have always given Amy credit for not pulling much retalitory confessional stuff, particularly when Matt was portraying himself as being driven out when he's the douchebag going on camera with how he plans to fuck off to Hawaii and the family can go to hell for all he cares.

• Love 3

My history of watching this family has been a hit and miss in the last couple of years.  Weddings can make people emotional and I imagine Matt felt that way at their first child's wedding and maybe felt some love and admiration for her as a result and became a little more human, it was nice to see.  Things were likely back to normal the next day. 

Edited by jodo

I'm willing to be fair. Frankly I suspect Bill and Jen are making some of the same parenting mistakes in permissiveness. I also think the earlier episodes of LPBW were interesting in that the family wasn't so ridiculous about indulging every personal whim. As the marriage imploded, a lot of my amusement in watching was comparing Matt and Amy's "We're going thru changes but we're still in love" stuff on the show with their actual reality.

I am highly amused that they have lived seperately for over a year but still seem twitchy about officially seperating or divorcing. The show really became a study in watching a marriage collapse.

• Love 1

Auntl - his basic offense, as near as I can tell, is that he's not Jeremy, and may be an atheist/questioning the Christian faith. Most of the horrible things he's accused of doing - namely smoking pot and being rude to people online - are things the older brothers Jeremy and Zach did at the same age. But Jeremy walks with Christ and no one cares about Zach, while Jacob is the great Satan for ahem... briefly rolling his eyes at his brother's wedding and finding the idea that Audrey prayed to Jesus for no rain on her wedding and the only explanation for it not raining was yup, Jesus answered her prayers, somewhat laughable.

None of these kids are saints but there's a group of religious fans who have decided Jeremy and now Audrey are perfect unquestionable Christians while Jacob's twittered and ask.fm doubts about God are the Mark of the Beast.

• Love 3

No problem. I literally am arguing with one of these people that that it's not inconceivable that Jacob might be pleasant to a classmate despite his public online comments that he is only friendly with two or three kids at school. I mean, its crazy. I don't even think he's all that nice of a kid but he's no worse than anyone else in that family.

• Love 1

Agree Jacob's no angel but could that at least partially explained by the fact that  after he nearly lost his life to Matt's giant slingshot toy which gave him a concussion and took out a piece of his skull,   neither of his parents considered tearing down that devise- and, in fact, even insisted he [and family friend Mike who had also been seriously injured by it ] rebuild it?! Even after Mike died not too long afterwards, I've never heard Matt or Amy express the slightest remorse or regret re priorities.

• Love 1

Did TLC tell them no more specials so there was no longer a need to pretend or perhaps this is to get one more special?

I wonder what they'll do about the farm also.

Honestly, I feel bad for Jacob because a) they were miserable in the home together and he was stuck with them and b) it's not like it's not awkward that his mom and dad have lived in separate homes for over a year and a half while "staying together for Jacob".

I very much wonder if the farm will be a bitch point.

Absolom - in all honesty - aside from Zach's wedding, what is there to film?

Somehow, I forgot that they were just separated. When I heard that they were getting a divorce I thought aren't the already divorced? Obviously not. Is Matt living in a house on the property? I forgot where they mentioned he was living, but I thought it was nearby. I can imagine both Amy and Matt being bitter when the other starts dating. 

IIRC, Matt has been living in the trailer that was originally set up for brides to get ready for weddings on the property.

And I wouldn't be surprised if either or both of them were already dating . . . neither of them seemed particularly romantically attached to the other for quite some time.

• Love 2

At last check, Amy was in the main house and Matt was in the new manufactured home that was literally across the driveway from the main house.

Interestingly, my suspicion will be that Matt will greatly enjoy dating until Amy finds a new man and then he'll start having a problem with it. I'm somewhat amused that they haven't mentioned the divorce on their facebooks yet.

• Love 3

I follow his page.  All I saw was a couple of pictures of a peacock.

Oh, and all the TLC folks hanging out in Philadelphia a few days ago.  He was there, Amy was there, and Khate Gosselin was there.  (yuck.)

Now it will be Little People: Empty Nest, Looking for Love While Still Living at the Same Address (if not under the same roof)

Ooooh, the wacky hijinx!

Haven't watched the last few "specials" -- Molly and Jacob were the only ones I cared for.

• Love 1

Taylorh - its a really shitty pay off for Tori if she is marrying Zach for no reason other than she wants to be on tv. I mean really, she's dated the guy for *years* and on other websites, peopel straight up say she's only dating Zach for years because she secretly wants Jeremy/wants to be friends with Molly/wants to be a Roloff so bad.... and no one in the Roloff family can sense this apparent false love because they all gush over Tori. I've said this before here and on other sites, I think a lot of the "How can Tori really want to marry Zach" is wrapped up in people just finding it impossible to believe an average height person would marry a dwarf... coupled with a really weird agenda some fans like to push that Audrey is the sweet light of Christ embodied and married Jeremy Jesus because they are Christ's Best and Tori and Zach marrying is the dregs pathetically imitating and of course failing to imitiate Awesome Audrey and Jer-Bear's specialness.

She's about to marry him after being in a relationship for four years. If no one in the family has noticed she's a gold digging whore who doesn't love their family member, then they're all incredibly dumb. If they have noticed and have all decided to publically embrace Tori and not say a word to Zach on how they don't think she loves him, they're AWFUL family members. Since Zach is hardly a catch and the show is only not swirling the drain because the Duggars have molestation problems... I think she probably is sincere.

• Love 6

Between Tori and Audrey, Audrey is the one I'd pick as fake.  She seems rather superficial to me.  I think a lot of viewers don't like Zach or see a lot of faults in him and have more trouble seeing how some one could fall in love with him.  Jake seems like a very troubled young man a lot of the time I think.

Ratings are in.  Not good and not dreadful at 1.369 M viewers and a .4 rating.

• Love 7

Audrey seems like a total mean girl to me. Their wedding and other photos look so staged and "curated" (I hate when people use this word outside museums) that it's hard to believe they're even enjoying life. It seems like they're too busy creating a Perfect Pinterest World. Also, far be it from me to comment on the condition of a person's mortal soul, but… when I think of the radiant light of Christ shining through a human vessel, nobody with the last name Roloff cracks my top 10,000. 

• Love 8

Can't believe they stretched that out for two hours---the wedding already happened like a year ago didnt' it?  Surprised Matt can't come up with better show topics. 

I am surprised at all the chatter about Tori being with Zack just because of the show.  I always found her to be sweet and she seems genuine in her love of Zack.  She does not seem like the type that is all that comfortable with being on camera anyway so that theory just doesn't compute for me, but I could be wrong.

Jer Bear's wife on the other hand really rubs me the wrong way for all the reasons others have mentioned above. 

Poor Jacob does seem so lost.  Hope he finds himself and turns out OK.

• Love 4

ispansy, to be fair to Jer, I kinda wonder, especially considering how this was essentially the b-reel of the stuff that didn't make the cut, if he had any real chose in doing it. He looked bored in the interviews.

I won't say he isn't good looking but yeah, he's not aging well

I'm going to be a totally shallow bitch, and admit that I could not sit across the table from Zack for the rest of my life, and watch him eat.  Something about his mouth just grosses me out.

• Love 1

I'm going to be a totally shallow bitch, and admit that I could not sit across the table from Zack for the rest of my life, and watch him eat.  Something about his mouth just grosses me out.

Me too. I don't want to be insensitive, and it's probably related to his skeletal issues and everything, but oh man. I could not deal. I don't think he can close his mouth fully. 

(edited)

I saw this wedding episode when it first aired and yet, I'm sitting here bawling! Their vows were so beautiful, words that you can hope that the person you love would say/feel about you. Buy yeah, I think Audrey seems the most fake, lol.

Tori really does seem to love Zach. I really thought, after the first time we got to meet her on the show, that she would not be around for long. For many reasons, mostly superficial (can't close his mouth, not that cute, shorter than her, etc), but specifically because Zach came off as just so unmotivated, unconcerned, uninteresting. I figured he would just drive her away before too long. But I was wrong and I hope that they can make it last. Watching them together on this latest episode, I felt that they had a really good connection and that they were actually FRIENDS.  I think Tori's a genuinely nice girl.

Is Molly dating anyone? I'd love to see a wedding special with her.

I also wonder who would date Matt. Amy wasn't an angel but Matt was a total jerk. I don't think I could be with a man who didn't take my feelings into consideration before he made major decisions. And yes, maybe that was just how he reacted to Amy doing the same thing, but with the kids, but that's not how a relationship should work. They both need to work on their communication skills if they have any hopes of getting involved with anyone else, ever.

I imagine that they'll live the rest of their lives on that same farm, just in different spaces. Matt can barely care for himself, from what I've seen and I think Amy has enough love and pity for him that she'll make sure he has what he needs (food, etc).

Edited by MitaJo
(edited)

OMG.Three hours of reminiscing. Really? They better find something to replace those damn Duggars soon!

Edited to add : Was their home always such a sty?!?!How did i miss that? Mind you, I was a very casual viewer before.But every room in that beautiful house is literally covered in garbage!

Edited by MarysWetBar
  • Love 1

OMG.Three hours of reminiscing. Really? They better find something to replace those damn Duggars soon!

Edited to add : Was their home always such a sty?!?!How did i miss that? Mind you, I was a very casual viewer before.But every room in that beautiful house is literally covered in garbage!

Mary - thanks so much for posting that (about 3 hrs. of reminiscing).  I went on this forum specifically to find out if that's what it was.  I have Comcast, and recorded it because it said, "NEW."  I never got around to watching it last night when it aired, but this morning when I looked at my DVR recordings for last night, it said LPBW was 180 minutes!  I figured it was just all re-caps, so I deleted it.  Wonder when an ACTUAL "new" episode will be. 

There is in theory a new episode tonight. I am genuinely curious if these hours long clip shows are counted in the ten episode total.

Jeremy's headband merely drew attention to the fact that he's not getting better looking with age.

• Love 1

Wonder when an ACTUAL "new" episode will be. 

I keep seeing the preview where Matt whines that he's "not feeling the love." Does anybody know what that's about? I dare him to complain about Amy or the kids not being nice to him or giving him enough attention, after all the alienating crap he's said and done.

• Love 1

I keep seeing the preview where Matt whines that he's "not feeling the love." Does anybody know what that's about? I dare him to complain about Amy or the kids not being nice to him or giving him enough attention, after all the alienating crap he's said and done.

This show is notorious for misleading clips in previews.  It probably doesn't mean much of anything.  Matt frequently posts pictures of himself with the kids.  It looks to me like he has a decent relationship with the kids.

I totally came on here to see if Jeremy was wearing a headband last night (I had the episode on as background noise while I was tidying up so wasn't paying close attention).  I dislike his hair immensely.

I always had a soft spot for Zack and not really sure why, I'm excited to see his wedding, etc.  I think Tori is very cute and they seem happy together.

On a random note, I saw Amy and Molly in a museum in Victoria BC years ago (like 2005 maybe?) while they were filming.  We chatted a little bit at a tide pool display and they were both really nice people. 

I actually watched tonights episode and was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't too over the top and  aside from the production company /editors using some of the same music from "The Pioneer Woman" episodes ...dare I say that I liked it?

• Love 1
(edited)
Was their home always such a sty?!?!How did i miss that? Mind you, I was a very casual viewer before.But every room in that beautiful house is literally covered in garbage!

The answer to this is YES! Before they renovated the house, when it was much smaller, they really could have been on Hoarders. They had to step around trash just to walk down their stairs. I remember Amy addressing it on the show/in the press or something. Basically saying that she was too busy being a mom and taking care of her family. Matt used to complain about it constantly on the show and it was a big issue for Amy. The kids weren't made to clean anything, ever, probably because Super-Mom Amy didn't think or believe that they needed to because that was her job. She was more concerned with them being kids and having fun. I noticed in tonight's episode that the little house that Matt is living in was pretty neat.

Edited by MitaJo
  • Love 1