Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

That campfire conversation was so awkward for me. Amy was a bit prickly, Caryn was making awkward comments about Amy and Matt's former relationship, like come on. It wasn't so bad but they all need to chill a little bit. Amy I think is still upset about whatever led to the divorce, she keeps mentioning that Matt "bulldozes" over people and keeps implying he doesn't care about people's feelings and it comes out in like every conversation.

And it's also interesting that none of the kids are interested in running the farm. If Amy truly does get bought out, those kids need to seriously start thinking about if they want to be running it one day. Matt is not a young guy and he has health issues; if he passes and Amy isn't an owner anymore, they'll have to make decisions quickly. If none of them are gonna take it over it won't be long until it's out of the family anyway, Matt isn't gonna be around forever.

• Love 6
On 5/23/2019 at 8:57 AM, bichonblitz said:

Then why was an issue made of it at all? They sure talked about it enough. 

I didn't see any issue made of it at all.

Jeremy supposedly has an office on the farm now.  Matt said in this episode that maybe he and Caryn would build a love nest on the farm.  Perhaps Jeremy will move into the big house?  Maybe Matt is having Jeremy come work on the farm with him?  Wouldn't Audrey love that?  She always wanted the big house.

(edited)

I hated this episode.  It just makes me feel that Matt and his filthy cow won after all.  They've succeeded in driving Amy off the farm she loves so much.  For Amy, the farm is all about memories and love.  For Matt the farm is all about business and money, so it sucks that she's the one leaving.  All of Matt's bullshit about hoping she feels comfortable still coming to the farm when she wants to, is all a crock of shit.  I don't really think his filthy cow would approve of that now that's she's finally potentially gotten Amy outta there.

I so wish that Amy had taken the DW side, bulldozed it, and built a beautiful, smaller house for herself.

The one thing I did love was how tenderly Chris treated Amy, saying they would find her a new house, and thanking her for being in his life.  He's a good guy, and a huge, huge upgrade for Amy. Cold Matt would never be that loving toward anyone.  There is zero affection between him and his filthy cow.  They seem more like business partners than a couple in a relationship.  Just wait until Matt proposes and tells Caryn that she has to sign a pre-nup.  Because you just know he will.

Edited by Honey
  • Love 14
(edited)

I just loved those kumbaya moments around the campfire! lol  Omg, that was funny.  For all her wonderful and exciting adventures with Chris, Amy is still prickly over the terrible vacations she had with Matt! lol  For things to have been so horrific, she sure does brood over those days.

I do not believe their relationships is as contentious as the show portrays or there is NO WAY they would have done that campfire scene.  There may be some lingering resentment with Amy, but, she's not stupid.  She likes those checks.  So, when need be they get their act together and do it. 

I do now suspect that Amy is plenty manipulative with Chris though.    He was encouraging her to move on,  So were Zack and Tori.  They seem to know that Amy needs to move on and she just won't let go.  Still, I wonder if she will really leave the farm.  Maybe, she'll stay on the farm....and RENT from Matt.  lol 

Did you catch  Zach tell Amy that she needed to invite them over?  What's that all about? 

I don't think it's as easy as just getting an appraisal and paying her half of that net value, because, that property is so unique, an appraisal may be difficult.  Recall they have discussed how there is nothing like it in that community anymore.  I suspect they may get stuck in negotiations.  You know the saying...The devil is in the details. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10

For Matt to buy the farm he would have to be able to come up with the cash too.  I don’t know if that would mean mortgaging it (or adding an additional mortgage if it has not been paid off).  I don’t know with his age and health whether he could borrow a large sum unless it was secured by collateral.  Maybe the agreement will be he pays Amy in installments over ten or twenty years.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, Spike said:

For Matt to buy the farm he would have to be able to come up with the cash too.  I don’t know if that would mean mortgaging it (or adding an additional mortgage if it has not been paid off).  I don’t know with his age and health whether he could borrow a large sum unless it was secured by collateral.  Maybe the agreement will be he pays Amy in installments over ten or twenty years.

I wouldn't agree to that over twenty years with Matt's health issues, unless there was some kind of insurance that it would be paid regardless. 

It always seemed to me that "Amy making a decision" was only about Amy moving off of the farm, not about Matt selling out. Can Amy retain ownership in the business while selling only the house to Matt? I would've suggested if I were Amy that I'd move off of the property, retaining ownership, and Matt could "lease" the big house from me.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
18 minutes ago, Adiba said:

It always seemed to me that "Amy making a decision" was only about Amy moving off of the farm, not about Matt selling out. Can Amy retain ownership in the business while selling only the house to Matt? I would've suggested if I were Amy that I'd move off of the property, retaining ownership, and Matt could "lease" the big house from me.

That is a great idea! 

After almost 3 yrs. together Chris still has no intention of making the next steps with Amy. Not getting a house together or moving in together. Nothing. Amy is pretty much on her own with what she is going to do with her life. This is the window of opportunity for them to discuss that. I think Amy is afraid of the answers. Matt and Caryn will get married and Chris and Amy will still be "dating" which is going to deeply hurt Amy. She wants so much more but doesn't have the confidence to tell Chris for fear of losing him. I feel sorry for her.  

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Spike said:

Yeah, or maybe, he gives her his share of his retirement.....not a good idea though.  Maybe, he's brainstorming on it. 

Well, I guess it's confirmed that Zach and Tori really don't get it. Why don't they understand that an injection into the spine is a treatment (for pain and inflammation) , but, not a cure for his condition?  I don't get why they seemed so clueless.  The doctor plainly told them that. BOTH doctors told them that.  It's good that Zach had sedation for that injection.  I have a friend who has had them and he said that it WAS HORRIBLY painful.  I don't think he opted for sedation though. 

• Love 1

I'm having trouble getting through this episode.  I want to shout shut up at Caryn.  Not your issue, honey.  You're just the girlfriend.  I may have had that discussion with a couple friends of mine who were becoming involved with the boyfriend's family drama.  Back off and let it go by.  You may never be even in-law family so don't waste your nerves.  Tori and Zach are really being irritating with their non-acceptance drama and being so out of touch with reality.  

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

That is a great idea! 

After almost 3 yrs. together Chris still has no intention of making the next steps with Amy. Not getting a house together or moving in together. Nothing. Amy is pretty much on her own with what she is going to do with her life. This is the window of opportunity for them to discuss that. I think Amy is afraid of the answers. Matt and Caryn will get married and Chris and Amy will still be "dating" which is going to deeply hurt Amy. She wants so much more but doesn't have the confidence to tell Chris for fear of losing him. I feel sorry for her.  

I would have agreed with you until last night. I think the groundwork is being laid for Amy's next chapter -- and that might just involve a little wedding.

It's a "thou doth protest too much" situation. So much has been made this season about the fact that Chris and Amy are taking it slowly, don't have any plans, etc. BUT:

- We've now hard Chris talk about his backstory -- fear of commitment because he's been cheated on.

- Amy has been emotionally vulnerable this season, too. So we're seeing both parties lay down their baggage, maybe in preparation for a fresh start.

- Going forward, the show's gonna need a hook for survival, and Matt and Caryn aren't it. We loyal viewers are pretty smart folks, and no one seems to enjoy watching a couple of cheaters make fun of the person on whom they cheated.

- Amy's not perfect, but I think there are quite a few of us who can relate -- as women, as mothers, as people who have been surprised by a turn life has taken, only to pull ourselves up and make better lives for ourselves. Amy was a bullied little girl with little self-esteem who grew into a marginalized wife with even less self-esteem. I, for one, look forward to watching her life take a more positive turn.

- I wouldn't have said this months ago, but I believe I'm in Chris's corner as of late. He's putting in the time and the effort. He's developing relationships with the kids independently of Amy. He willingly visited her emotionally distant parents and tried to make the best of the trip. Initially, he may have been in this to boost his business, but I think that ship has sailed.

Jeremy and Audrey are gone (yay). Zach and Tori can't carry the show. Matt's showing some pretty ugly true colors. Maybe it will be Amy's "second act" that will keep the show afloat. I'm rooting for her.

Edited by Literata
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Oh boy.  I would NOT agree to payments if I were Amy.  She'll be chasing him down all over for his payments.  I hope it's a lump sum deal and she can move on totally.  If not, I would never agree to a buyout.  I'd demand the farm be sold.  Period.

• Love 13

I have high hopes for next season.  Maybe, we'll even be looking at a new little Roloff and not from the adult kids.  lol  I know Amy said the store was closed, but, what about Caryn?  NOW THAT would be a real storyline!  Just the look on Amy's face would take it to another level in the world of reality tv.  😄

Matt and Amy both have a good following I think.  And, even if Zach and Tori are not as amusing as we might like, they still have some potentially interesting storylines. 

Spoiler

Isn't Tori pregnant? 

I'm not worried about Amy leaving the farm.  That could take several seasons, even if it does happen. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, stitcher73 said:

Oh boy.  I would NOT agree to payments if I were Amy.  She'll be chasing him down all over for his payments.  I hope it's a lump sum deal and she can move on totally.  If not, I would never agree to a buyout.  I'd demand the farm be sold.  Period.

I agree--and what if Matt were to file for bankruptcy down the road? Or if he were to owe back taxes or something? Amy would likely be screwed out of her payments.

Not to mention if Matt were to pass away before all the payments were made, Amy might have to further deal with Caryn if Matt marries her.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 6/5/2019 at 8:59 AM, Literata said:

I would have agreed with you until last night. I think the groundwork is being laid for Amy's next chapter -- and that might just involve a little wedding.

It's a "thou doth protest too much" situation. So much has been made this season about the fact that Chris and Amy are taking it slowly, don't have any plans, etc. BUT:

We've now hard Chris talk about his backstory -- fear of commitment because he's been cheated on.

Amy has been emotionally vulnerable this season, too. So we're seeing both parties lay down their baggage, maybe in preparation for a fresh start.

Going forward, the show's gonna need a hook for survival, and Matt and Caryn aren't it. We loyal viewers are pretty smart folks, and no one seems to enjoy watching a couple of cheaters make fun of the person on whom they cheated.

Amy's not perfect, but I think there are quite a few of us can relate -- as women, as mothers, as people who have been surprised by a turn life has taken, only to pull ourselves up and make better lives for ourselves. Amy was a bullied little girl with little self-esteem who grew into a marginalized wife with even less self-esteem. I, for one, look forward to watching her life take a more positive turn.

I wouldn't have said this months ago, but I believe I'm in Chris's corner as of late. He's putting in the time and the effort. He's developing relationships with the kids independently of Amy. He willingly visited her emotionally distant parents and tried to make the best of the trip. Initially, he may have been in this to boost his business, but I think that ship has sailed.

Jeremy and Audrey are gone (yay). Zach and Tori can't carry the show. Matt's showing some pretty ugly true colors. Maybe it will be Amy's "second act" that will keep the show afloat. I'm rooting for her.

I so agree with your assessment. You can see in Chris’s  eyes that he has her well being first. 

I see no  reason for Amy to move any faster than she is comfortable with.  Matt/ Caryn  caused this situation and have no right to expect her to give in so they can take over.   I’m sure Amy has enlightened Chris to Matt’s business dealings and how he kept her out of it as well as his lack of active participation in the children’s day to day living. The clips of the loving fun memories showed who was front  and center in those memories, making them happen. 

I agree she shouldn’t take payments after all he’s buying property left and right so he’s got the money.  I missed the comment from the side piece remarking to Matt about

“crutching it in the middle of the night”  how very  insensitive, but coming from someone who screws the boss while portraying herself as a friend is pretty on par, a bottom feeder. 

Production should not have introduced the camp fire scene ( not for one minute do I believe it was Zacks idea) there’s not enough of the coffee concoction made by Chris that I’d agree to that .  Is she really expected to pretend like those two were not so deceiving?  

She does have it so much better with someone who values and admires her.   Matt moans all about his childhood all the time and Amy hadn’t shared her trauma during her childhood.  Because it can’t be said enough STFU Caryn 

Edited by athousandclowns
  • Love 10
14 minutes ago, Adiba said:

I agree--and what if Matt were to file for bankruptcy down the road? Or if he were to owe back taxes or something? Amy would likely be screwed out of her payments.

Not to mention if Matt were to pass away before all the payments were made, Amy might have to further deal with Caryn if Matt marries her.

Great point!!!!  It could be that she ends up dealing with Caryn if her and Matt marry and amy is still owed money.  GET THE MONEY UPFRONT!! ALL OF IT!!

Also, if Jeremy does take over (unlikely) he (jeremy) could screw Amy over and I wouldn't put it past him.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Literata said:

- We've now hard Chris talk about his backstory -- fear of commitment because he's been cheated on.

- Amy has been emotionally vulnerable this season, too. So we're seeing both parties lay down their baggage, maybe in preparation for a fresh start.

- Going forward, the show's gonna need a hook for survival, and Matt and Caryn aren't it. We loyal viewers are pretty smart folks, and no one seems to enjoy watching a couple of cheaters make fun of the person on whom they cheated.

- Amy's not perfect, but I think there are quite a few of us who can relate -- as women, as mothers, as people who have been surprised by a turn life has taken, only to pull ourselves up and make better lives for ourselves. Amy was a bullied little girl with little self-esteem who grew into a marginalized wife with even less self-esteem. I, for one, look forward to watching her life take a more positive turn.

- I wouldn't have said this months ago, but I believe I'm in Chris's corner as of late. He's putting in the time and the effort. He's developing relationships with the kids independently of Amy. He willingly visited her emotionally distant parents and tried to make the best of the trip. Initially, he may have been in this to boost his business, but I think that ship has sailed.

Well said. There has been talk of a Zach and Tori spin off...especially now that she’s preggers with a girl. They seem to enjoy the limelight and the TLC money is a huge incentive to continue...I don't think I could watch a whole hour every week of these two and the back and forth with the whole”babe” stuff.

• Love 7

I am appalled every week at the snarkiness on the part of Caryn. Her phony baloney "sweet" persona is very transparent. She can't help herself...she just HAS to slide some snarky comment about Amy into almost every conversation. She is so fake and slimy. Matt is a bombastic egocentric control freak. They deserve each other.

Had to laugh when Matt described himself in his buy out discussion with Amy as a guy who gets things done...LOL!!!!! Will Caryn allow Matt to spend inordinate amounts of money on his trashy projects that litter the farm and not sit in disarray and are rotting? How about the  auctions he obsesses on and buys junk that sits in a storage unit....is that getting things done? He is so full of himself.

Personally, I think Amy needs to move out and not look back. Fuck Matt and the pumpkin season. Amy should start her own family traditions with her kids and grandchildren. If she was to go back to the farm for pumpkin season, she would have to deal with the return of Caryn who likely be running the show once again. Caryn can't wait to take over and be the Grande Dame of Roloff Farms. The Roloff kids need to be there for Amy and support her as much as possible. Matt will try to screw her over in the negotiations despite what his says about being "fair". And even though he thinks he's this great and savvy businessman, he really isn't. He's lost money on many projects and spends a lot of money on things that are not "investments" like toys, luxury cars and stuff for the farm that yields nothing in return $$$. 

• Love 14

They gave the numbers regarding what Zack and Tori were asking for their house, what the offers and counteroffers were, and what it sold for.  I doubt we will hear those numbers for the farm (assuming there is a future season).

• Love 3

This season’s LPBW cast scorecard, IMO:

⬇️ Caryn: what a snake. Already didn’t like her but now I strongly dislike her. Those comments about Amy and Chris’s hypothetical wedding invite? THAT is the real Caryn, make no mistake.

Aren’t mean girls supposed to be pretty?

⬇️ Tori: was she always this lazy and dumb? The last things she needed in life were a Clifford the Big Brown Dog and an MC Escher house for her 2/3 (soon to be 3/4?) achondroplasia family. Also: get a job. 

⬇️ Matt: every season we see more of his petty, selfish, hateful side. It’s not even fun like on Teen Mom. Also: clear your throat or I will clear it for you and you will not like my method.

↔️ Zach: I knew he was kind of lazy and dumb and cannot eat with his mouth closed. (That last part may be related to skeletal issues but it’s still not TV-ready footage.) He willfully misheard the FACT that he WILL need surgery, and the shot is just a stopgap. He went along with the idiotic house purchase. His idea of packing and moving is an embarrassment to 18-year-olds moving out of dorms. Maybe this should be a ⬇️ but I think it’s the same Zach we’ve known for years.

↔️ Amy: I still mostly feel bad for her and think Matt was about 90% of the problem. She still does some cringey stuff like getting way more tipsy than everyone else at the Awkward Campfire and letting her real feelings out. Not a power move, and when you’re dealing with a snake like Caryn, you must make power moves.

Also I don’t see it as a foregone conclusion that she expects Chris to propose, but if so, she should listen to what he has always told her. If she wants to get married just to compete with her ex, look Amy, I’m not sure marrying reptiles is even legal in Oregon so don’t sweat it. 🐍

⬆️ Jackson: finally getting a personality so I’m in. 

⬆️ Murphy: fuzzy wuzzy wittle bearbear I ruv hem make hem star of show Wittle Pupper Big Dog

• LOL 6
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, kicksave said:

Well said. There has been talk of a Zach and Tori spin off...especially now that she’s preggers with a girl. They seem to enjoy the limelight and the TLC money is a huge incentive to continue...I don't think I could watch a whole hour every week of these two and the back and forth with the whole”babe” stuff.

And "babe-uh" 🙄

Also the yelling at the toddler & puppy ... for being a toddler & puppy; it would be painful for sure.

Some not so new concepts for T&Z:  baby proofing  &  puppy classes

• Love 13
5 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

That is a great idea! 

We have no idea what Amy and Chris have or haven't discussed.  We only see small snippets of their day to day lives.

• Love 4

If none of them are gonna take it over it won't be long until it's out of the family anyway, Matt isn't gonna be around forever.

Is Oregon a community property state?  If Matt and Caryn get married, the farm could go to her upon Matt's death (unless his will sets it up differently, of course).  

28 minutes ago, Honey said:

We have no idea what Amy and Chris have or haven't discussed.  We only see small snippets of their day to day lives.

And I am commenting on the small snippets of their everyday lives. Just as every body does. 

• Love 2
On 5/30/2019 at 1:53 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

But, we did see a lot of what Amy was like to Matt during the marriage.  So, my patience with Amy is not that great. She was verbally abusive plenty on camera.  I can't imagine how bad she would have been in private.  One fault doesn't justify another, but, I do not see a pitiful Amy.  

I think that Amy's indecisiveness over how the farm will be finally divided was a good thing though, because, it's given them another couple of seasons of storyline.  That means cha ching for them and other family members.  AND, as Matt has said, if he really wanted to, he could have filed to the court for a forced sale, but, that's a pain and you lose money.  

What was the deal with Tori and her response to Zach's medical news.  I thought she was supposed to encourage him and help him see the positive side, not unload her insecurities and talk about how she's not going get along.  I mean, really....that's cold.  What's going on with her? 

I dont think they are doing anything with the farm...its all for show.....and I would just tell Matt we are selling it...no buy out nothing...be done with it...Matt is a money man...his money...he would screw her to the wall on a buy out...whereas a sale means done done done...….as for Tori and her Whine about oh poor me if my husband has back surgery...……..jeez my husband got hurt at work at 34 had 9 back surgeries ….I was taking care of 4 kids...three dogs two cats two horses working a full time job 1 hour away and taking care of my cancer ridden mom who lived an hour away......I did everything...the kids helped the best they could...he did what little he could......which wasn't much except keep the house to a low roar LOL...I lived amazing...I must be a fucking angel LOL

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, seahag50 said:

I dont think they are doing anything with the farm...its all for show.....and I would just tell Matt we are selling it...no buy out nothing...be done with it...Matt is a money man...his money...he would screw her to the wall on a buy out...whereas a sale means done done done...….as for Tori and her Whine about oh poor me if my husband has back surgery...……..jeez my husband got hurt at work at 34 had 9 back surgeries ….I was taking care of 4 kids...three dogs two cats two horses working a full time job 1 hour away and taking care of my cancer ridden mom who lived an hour away......I did everything...the kids helped the best they could...he did what little he could......which wasn't much except keep the house to a low roar LOL...I lived amazing...I must be a fucking angel LOL

That's amazing Seahag.  Maybe, you should be doing some motivational speaking.  lol 

• Love 2

I hate playing armchair psychiatrist, but I worry about Tori because she seems so "checked out" lately. I know she and Zach struggled to conceive this pregnancy, and being the mom of an LP must be difficult sometimes. But she is definitely not the same since having Jackson, and I hope she's okay.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

This season’s LPBW cast scorecard, IMO:

⬇️ Caryn: what a snake. Already didn’t like her but now I strongly dislike her. Those comments about Amy and Chris’s hypothetical wedding invite? THAT is the real Caryn, make no mistake.

Aren’t mean girls supposed to be pretty?

⬇️ Tori: was she always this lazy and dumb? The last things she needed in life were a Clifford the Big Brown Dog and an MC Escher house for her 2/3 (soon to be 3/4?) achondroplasia family. Also: get a job. 

⬇️ Matt: every season we see more of his petty, selfish, hateful side. It’s not even fun like on Teen Mom. Also: clear your throat or I will clear it for you and you will not like my method.

↔️ Zach: I knew he was kind of lazy and dumb and cannot eat with his mouth closed. (That last part may be related to skeletal issues but it’s still not TV-ready footage.) He willfully misheard the FACT that he WILL need surgery, and the shot is just a stopgap. He went along with the idiotic house purchase. His idea of packing and moving is an embarrassment to 18-year-olds moving out of dorms. Maybe this should be a ⬇️ but I think it’s the same Zach we’ve known for years.

↔️ Amy: I still mostly feel bad for her and think Matt was about 90% of the problem. She still does some cringey stuff like getting way more tipsy than everyone else at the Awkward Campfire and letting her real feelings out. Not a power move, and when you’re dealing with a snake like Caryn, you must make power moves.

Also I don’t see it as a foregone conclusion that she expects Chris to propose, but if so, she should listen to what he has always told her. If she wants to get married just to compete with her ex, look Amy, I’m not sure marrying reptiles is even legal in Oregon so don’t sweat it. 🐍

⬆️ Jackson: finally getting a personality so I’m in. 

⬆️ Murphy: fuzzy wuzzy wittle bearbear I ruv hem make hem star of show Wittle Pupper Big Dog

According to Tori's FB page, she's still a teacher.  She's probably on extended, unpaid maternity leave.  Lots of teachers in our area take extended maternity leaves.

Jackson at the restaurant was the cutest!

And,  I agree Caryn is an absolute snake.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

When Amy told Zach her decision he seemed very clinical about it. He knows what's up - this deal isn't going down any time soon. The way this show drags everything out it could be two more years before anything happens. Or, the story will change again & that could drag things out even more. As long as the ratings stay up, they can probably pull off a lot to keep this show going.

I marvel how their dogs never wander away, or get run over by their farm rovers. Even the pup seemed to stay around the fire with them.

Cute how Jackson pointed to everyone on cue - my kids would never perform on demand.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

And I am commenting on the small snippets of their everyday lives. Just as every body does. 

Actually what you said was "After almost 3 yrs. together Chris still has no intention of making the next steps with Amy. Not getting a house together or moving in together. Nothing."

That isn't something you can possibly know, since you have no way of knowing what Chris' intentions are.  Just like none of us know for sure what his intentions are.  It's strictly your opinion.  Something you are definitely entitled to, just like everyone else.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Zach and Tori planned the bonfire and were the first to leave? Rude, but I like that style. Get in. Get out. 

This show is seriously just one big bummer. 

The farm and the surrounding areas are so beautiful but yet everyone seems miserable.  They might as well move to Gary, Indiana.

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

Who knows if this vacant  land, a la farm,  is worth much?  I’ve known people trying to sell family farmland and it took two generations.  I also know a developer who is extremely conscious about buying land.  If he think development may be coming in the next decade he will take options on the land.  Not much cash changes hand and the developer can back out.  

Who know if Matt can raise cash to buy Amy out? 

Vacant land is not a liquid asset.  And it might not be worth all that much.  

The big house has value.  

My guess is the entire farm is up for sale and it will probably take time. 

• Useful 3
(edited)

There is no way I'd let that whore get the farm after she stole her husband. I'd force a sale first. Amy is a way better person than I am lol. 

Edited by PlygPigs
  • Love 11
26 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

I'm sure Jeremy and Audrey already have one foot in the door of "the big house" waiting for the buyout to be complete.... After all Jeremy is the "Golden Boy".  

Don’t ask about his showers.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
52 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

I'm sure Jeremy and Audrey already have one foot in the door of "the big house" waiting for the buyout to be complete.... After all Jeremy is the "Golden Boy".  

Honestly, would rather they got it than Caryn.

• Love 5
On 6/4/2019 at 8:52 PM, Snarkastikate said:

I admittedly don't watch all the time, but I find myself wondering what Zach & Tori do for a living that they can afford such a big house?  Maybe you all know. 

They have this successful tv show that they've been on for many many years.

Why do most reality 'stars' not work? Because they get paid a ton of money to film their lives. It's no different than a regular 9-5 job, except they likely don't get health insurance or other benefits and have to make sure they do all that on their own. Yes the show probably will come to an end some time, but there's also always a chance that you will get laid off from any job and have to figure out what's next. 

On 6/4/2019 at 11:24 PM, missnoa said:

As someone who lives in Arizona, it's pretty funny to see these two gushing about how nice it is outside and they can do all this stuff outside, etc. Wait until summer hits (and it lasts really longer than the summer, we were super hot at Halloween this year). It's not gonna stay that way at all, they better really enjoy the inside of their house cause it's miserable outside during a lot of the year.

They might be people who enjoy hot weather.  Matt has said that warmer weather works better for his joints and what not as the cold makes things harder for him.  

My mom would be totally happy if she could live in an environment that is 100 degrees and 100% humidity 24/7.  Unfortunately I am not like her, although I am getting better at dealing with hot weather but I sweat like crazy when it's low 70s. 

On 6/4/2019 at 11:48 PM, camom said:

I don't understand the "negotiations" that have to happen if Amy wants Matt to buy her out.  I assume it was spelled out pretty well at their divorce.  They get the farm appraised and Matt pays her for half of it.  If he doesn't want to do that, then they sell it.  They're so much more dramatic than they need to be.

For sure Matt would try to barter on the price, no way he can take something at face value and be ok with it. At least in this instance Amy has the upper hand unless he tries to pull something like "welll... either I give you ---- to buy out or we could sell it for ---- and you'll probably get way less than what i'm offering"

On 6/5/2019 at 6:55 AM, Honey said:

The one thing I did love was how tenderly Chris treated Amy, saying they would find her a new house, and thanking her for being in his life.  He's a good guy, and a huge, huge upgrade for Amy. Cold Matt would never be that loving toward anyone.  There is zero affection between him and his filthy cow.  They seem more like business partners than a couple in a relationship.  Just wait until Matt proposes and tells Caryn that she has to sign a pre-nup.  Because you just know he will.

During the fire scene I couldnt help but think if Caryn was jealous that Chris was able to have his arm around Amy and snuggle up with her.  She can't do that with Matt unless shes going to be the one with her arm around Matt. 

12 hours ago, Ravello said:

Who knows if this vacant  land, a la farm,  is worth much?  I’ve known people trying to sell family farmland and it took two generations.  I also know a developer who is extremely conscious about buying land.  If he think development may be coming in the next decade he will take options on the land.  Not much cash changes hand and the developer can back out.  

Who know if Matt can raise cash to buy Amy out? 

Vacant land is not a liquid asset.  And it might not be worth all that much.  

The big house has value.  

My guess is the entire farm is up for sale and it will probably take time. 

Probably depends on how much it would cost.  If the price is right or even the vacant land can be farmable.. it would go like hotcakes I think.  At least here in the midwest people are dying to get their hands on acreages.  They would have to split up this farm to make it affordable for a family though.  But some big farmer might want to buy and bulldoze everything.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Since, Amy has never indicated on the show that there was any adultery on Matt's part, and this thread is for things that happen on the show, not tweets,  I'll just say for argument sake that she believes there was something going on prior to the divorce.  I'll take this in the light of how Amy presents herself on the show.  Amy seems to have a lot of fears, suspicions, impressions, etc. that may NOT be accurate, but even if they are, I would think that after so many years, the person who wronged you, has done their time. What about her wrongdoing?   How many years of punishment do you get for verbally abusing a spouse and attempting to alienate the children as opposed to adultery?  Neither are good, but, even criminals serve their time and start fresh.  Everyone in Amy's life keeps telling her that she needs to do it, including, her girlfriend Debbie, Chris, Zach and Tori.  Apparently, they think that the time has come for that. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It broke my heart when Amy said she wanted a buy out.  However I understand her decision. It would take a lot of time, effort and money to keep up even a portion of that farm and she's never really had a hand in any of that other than taking care of the house. 

• Love 4

Matt gave her no choice, he and Caryn want her off the farm.  Who knows why.  It seemed as though if she didn’t go for the buyout he would force her to buy him out (which is dumb, he loves that farm).  I think the whole scenario is pretty cruel, she’s lived there for 30 years and now her ex and his girlfriend are forcing her to move so they can go live in Arizona?

• Love 6

I almost got the impression that Matt, despite saying that he'd prefer it, was sorry Amy said she'd take the buy out.  I don't think he expected it and now that she's chosen that, he'll no longer have her as the bad guy to be the scape goat for all that ails him.  That should give Caryn pause because it seems to be Matt's MO to have someone to blame, so unless he's going to turn on one of his kids, which seems unlikely, she's up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

I just returned from a week out of the country and got caught up on these posts.  I also have the last episode recorded on my DVR, but I’m not sure I have the stomach to watch it.  On the surface, it seems like this is the best option for Amy if you listen to all those people who are always harping that she needs to “get over it and move on with her life.”  Maybe she did choose that option because that is what everyone told her she could do if she gave up her ties to the farm and the life/memories she lived there, but to me that seems like a decision made under duress.  Why couldn’t she get over it on the other side of the 70 acres?  Why is it that in order for everyone to be able to move on, Amy is the only one that has to leave her beloved farm?  

Now everyone will be there, continuing their memories and good times except her.  That includes all her children, her grandchildren, and her cheating x-husband and the employee he was banging under her nose.  Oh yes, and that conniving hoe bag now becomes mistress of Terra?  No man, something is horribly off with this picture.

I would rather see the farm sold altogether than watch a cheating bastard like Matt triumph and his dishonest ways be rewarded, along with Caryn, who will not be able to wipe the smug grin off her face as Amy packs her things with tears in her eyes and says good bye.  When something becomes this sad and infuriating, it’s no longer entertainment or interesting.  I’m not sure I can watch if there is a new season.  I know Amy is still on the farm as of this writing, but I have little hope now that she will get a fair deal and be able to continue to have such easy access to her children, grand children, or the farm she loved and found comfort in.  FU Matt Roloff, and your slimey side piece too.

• Love 14