Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

Caryn has absolutely no business commenting (especially on TV) about Amy and the farm. She really is a bitch.

I used to really like Tori, but her reaction to Zach's health issues bugged me.  Apparently, it's all about her.  And the fact that she even considered buying the house of stairs is just nuts.  Zach went along with it, but I've never thought he was terribly bright.  I guess Tori isn't either.

• Love 16
(edited)

Amy said the paper Matt gave her was just a bunch of his thoughts written out; nothing formal. It seemed she knew what it said & didn't need it in front of her.

Being married to a lying, cheating, DUI'ing, uninvolved spouse & co-parent, financially irresponsible, sneaky (etc.) person can make a wife kinda irritable. If he didn't like it, he could've gotten his shit together & taken his marriage & family seriously, or divorced a lot sooner. But whatev, JMO.

I always felt Amy should've taken an ax (literally or figuratively, by hiring someone) to that safety & liability nightmare machine that nailed Jacob- no questions or discussion involved, period.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

I always felt Amy should've taken an ax (literally or figuratively, by hiring someone) to that safety & liability nightmare machine that nailed Zach- no questions or discussion involved, period.

It was Jake, but point agreed.  I recall before they did that, one of the channels - possibly TLC - was pimping the heck out of something called "Punkin Chunkin".  It played incessantly over and over, every commercial break.  I think it was a special about some catapault thing that hurled pumpkins, and Matt may have gotten the idea from that.  He had Mike (who was also injured) draw up the plans for it, so it wasn't professionally done, and was just a bad idea all the way around, but Matt steamrolled it on to the farm, as usual.

As for Amy, I don't hold her blameless either, but Matt didn't help around the house, didn't appear to help with the kids much, and just complained non-stop.  When my husband got like that, I did very little around the house, and let it go a bit - especially when he criticized the way I cleaned, but wouldn't help me.  I once used up every dish in the kitchen and had two sinks and a counter full, because he picked at how I washed dishes.  I didn't vacuum - same reason.  I let weeks worth of laundry go because he wouldn't help me get stuff to the laundromat.  Now this is when we were newly married and he got the message fairly quickly, but Amy had her hands full working several jobs and raising 4 kids.  I have a feeling she let things to too - maybe to prove a point, or maybe she was just overwhelmed.  I give her somewhat of a pass on that.  Ditto with her being short with Matt - when I get overwhelmed, I am the same way.

She was a lot kinder to him than I would have been when he had walked out on family vacations.  Crap would have hit the fan big-time.

• Love 20

I've watched all seasons.  Whenever Matt tried to have the children take on any responsibility, Amy would stand in the way.  She would ALWAYS side with the kid, no matter what.    So, after awhile, I think you get the picture.  I think a part of Amy is bothered by the fact that Zach has formed a good relationship with Matt as an adult.  She fostered one of hostility between them for years.  She wasn't able to do that with the others, no matter how hard she tried.  Zach finally saw through her though. 

And, I think Matt also tried with the cleaning issue, which Amy DID NOT want.  She likes being that way, according to her own words. 

Oh, on this last episode, it seemed like Chris was really trying to offer his support and expert opinion to Amy on the real estate issue.  AND, yet Amy accuses him of trying to gang up against her!!!!!! Where did that come from?  That would tell me that maybe, Amy doesn't want to know the truth.  And, that she fears that Matt's contentions will be reasonable and that hers WILL NOT. That's why she doesn't want Chris's input.  

• Love 7
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

I didn't mean to imply that Matt's straying was a good thing or okay. Just meant that Amy is not totally blameless in all that went on is all. How she treated him and kept a pig sty of a house and raised the boys was on TV for all of the world to see. Now suddenly she is this sweet, saintly  shy person..I don't buy it. I don't care for either of them, or Zack and Jeremy. Didn't Jacob receive quite an injury to his head from that pumpkin throwing machine? If so, I wonder how that has affected or caused what he has become today?

The condition of the house certainly was not Amy's sole responsibility. If Matt had time to screw around, rack up DUIs, and start projects he never finished, he could certainly have helped clean the house every now and again. 

Curious about your Jacob comment ... what has he become? 

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I think a part of Amy is bothered by the fact that Zach has formed a good relationship with Matt as an adult.  She fostered one of hostility between them for years.  She wasn't able to do that with the others, no matter how hard she tried.  Zach finally saw through her though. 

I remember all this very differently; I recall that Amy was quite upset, for example, when Matt decided to skip Zach's soccer games because they bored him. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he come close to missing the boys' graduation? 

I think Amy would have been pleased to see Matt step up and be a parent. I'm actually quite disappointed that Zach seems to have forgotten that his mother was his biggest champion.

• Love 14
(edited)
10 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

Jacob has become a high school drop out, unemployed, living with mommy, angry adult?

Not to split hairs, but he did earn his GED.  

I don't worry too much about Jacob. He seems to be a smart, decent guy who respects his mom, and he and his fiancee both seem to have some artistic talent. Much has been written about the anger, and relationships seem to have been mended. He'll figure out one day that he needs to make some money.

I wouldn't be surprised if he harbors some resentment toward Matt for, you know, almost killing him and all.

Edited by Literata
  • Love 7
32 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I've watched all seasons.  Whenever Matt tried to have the children take on any responsibility, Amy would stand in the way.  She would ALWAYS side with the kid, no matter what.    So, after awhile, I think you get the picture.  I think a part of Amy is bothered by the fact that Zach has formed a good relationship with Matt as an adult.  She fostered one of hostility between them for years.  She wasn't able to do that with the others, no matter how hard she tried.  Zach finally saw through her though. 

And, I think Matt also tried with the cleaning issue, which Amy DID NOT want.  She likes being that way, according to her own words. 

Oh, on this last episode, it seemed like Chris was really trying to offer his support and expert opinion to Amy on the real estate issue.  AND, yet Amy accuses him of trying to gang up against her!!!!!! Where did that come from?  That would tell me that maybe, Amy doesn't want to know the truth.  And, that she fears that Matt's contentions will be reasonable and that hers WILL NOT. That's why she doesn't want Chris's input.  

I too was surprised at Amy's attitude towards Chris at the end of this week's episode. He genuinely seemed hurt and confused. Wonder why she got so pissy towards him? She is worried he is going to gang up on her with Matt because they both have a "male perspective" ?!?

• Love 8

If Matt makes Amy a good offer and Chris recommends she accepts it where does that leave Amy... Everyone knows she is waiting for a marriage proposal from Chris.  She'll have money in the bank but now she has to move off the farm... Does she build, buy a condo... Her heart is set on marrying Chris.

• Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, seasons said:

I too was surprised at Amy's attitude towards Chris at the end of this week's episode. He genuinely seemed hurt and confused. Wonder why she got so pissy towards him? She is worried he is going to gang up on her with Matt because they both have a "male perspective" ?!?

Didn't she have a 'tough' dad?  And then Matt. It hasn't stopped her from a new relationship, but it could make it difficult for her to trust men.

Edited by gonecrackers
word change
  • Love 6
37 minutes ago, Spike said:

Pun of the week

Ha!  My mind went same place when I read it!

Didn’t Tori say something along the lines of “I can’t imagine a scarier surgery than back surgery” in the car?   Even if she’s thinking that, how in the heck is that helpful!  

Every time Caryn is onscreen I feel if there were a thought bubble it would say “ain’t I just the most adorable thing you’ve ever seen”.   And it makes me want to punch her in the face. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 21
6 hours ago, Literata said:

I don't worry too much about Jacob. He seems to be a smart, decent guy who respects his mom, and he and his fiancee both seem to have some artistic talent. Much has been written about the anger, and relationships seem to have been mended. He'll figure out one day that he needs to make some money.

I wouldn't be surprised if he harbors some resentment toward Matt for, you know, almost killing him and all.

Huh?? Jacob seems like a hot mess to me...high school drop out, expelled from the Christian school that all the other Roloff kids went to, seems to be pretty much a stoner and taker of other drugs from his tweets and other messages. He does have anger issues and has online fights with people all the time. No skills, no job and getting married??? How is he going to support himself and his bride to be? Selling weed? Having artistic talent is great but making money off of it to support yourself and someone else is another thing altogether. I know a lot of former college art students that spent four to five years studying and doing art at college that couldn't translate their diploma to a job in art and now work teaching arts and crafts at camps and pre school. Nothing wrong with that but it doesn't pay the mortgage or car loan. If he will "figure out one day that he needs to make money" then how the hell is he living now? Panhandling?

I don't blame Jacob for the life he has now...he was neglected by Matt and Amy as they were always more involved and interested in Zach and Jeremy. Molly was self sufficient and very motivated and needed little attention from her parents...she also was quite close with Matt's mother and and had a motherly relationship with her so she needed little from Amy in that department. I feel badly for Jacob and the last season he was on the show he did seem depressed and lonely. It's no wonder he turned to pot as a way of escaping life on Roloff farm after his brothers and sister left and Matt and Amy were at each others throats all the time. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

Didn’t Tori say something along the lines of “I can’t imagine a scarier surgery than back surgery” in the car?   Even if she’s thinking that, how in the heck is that helpful!  

Every time Caryn is onscreen I feel if there were a thought bubble it would say “ain’t I just the most adorable thing you’ve ever seen”.   And it makes me want to punch her in the face. 

Yes, Tori did say that.  I saw some reruns earlier this week (TLC's been running them in the early morning) from when Tori was late in her pregnancy and they were trying to figure out whether she'd need to have a C-section due to Jackson's head size.  She'd said she'd never had surgery and was really, really afraid of having the C-section.  While I was fortunate not to need C-sections with my boys, I have had a ton of other surgery.  While it's not fun, of all the kinds of surgery a person can have, a planned C-section would not be on the top of my list of most terrifying.  I think she's got some kind of serious phobia about surgery of any kind.  Zach was really kind and understanding about it in the episode I saw.   

I completely agree about Caryn.  Blech!  I saw a photo on Instagram of her holding Jackson and someone commented that she was a good grandma or something to that effect.  Um, no, bitch, you're not grandma, good or otherwise; stay in your lane.

• Love 6
On 5/29/2019 at 9:31 PM, Spike said:

Caryn’s Southwestern decor looked right out of  the J.C. Penney clearance aisle.  

"It's amazing what you can do with a Sears card!"

michael keaton GIF by Maudit

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
18 hours ago, Literata said:

Jacob has had issues with both parents, but, since his contentions were NOT shown on the show, I'll address them in either the Media thread or the one devoted to Jacob.  

• Love 1

So what do we all think the big decision ends up being?

My prediction: Amy stays put. Chris moves in, maybe. 

For dramatic purposes -- they do need people to watch, after all -- I think Amy has been leading us to believe she's ready for a new start. But I think the big reveal will be that she's decided she has every right to stay exactly where she is; that the legacy of the farm, and the opportunity to share it with her grandkids, is worth more than moving on.

Or I could be totally, entirely wrong. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

I hope the decision is that Amy stays where she wants to be. Matt telling her to get chris involved was implying she doesn’t understand it which was condescending.  . I just watched a little of first episode as well as early ones. Geez Amy had 2 jobs in addition to feeding clothing shopping coaching and hauling the kids around 24/7. On a river cruise Matt never got off  the boat and talked on the phone the whole time.    Molly said I don’t know why he even came.  Matt said my idea of vacation is relaxing and Amy’s  is to go do and see things imagine that! 

Just watching a few minutes of Amy running, climbing shelves at the grocery, piling kids in the car up and down steps to cook and wash dishes  etc made me tired and I have long legs. Not once did I hear Matt say anything I can help you with? 

I also saw that he said “  Amy’s commitment is top of her priorities his is further down. She’s a commitment  to a fault kind of person while  I see most commitments with some exceptions as flexible and negotiable.”  You know who I’d want in my corner? 

• Love 12
21 hours ago, KnoxForPres said:

When she said that I thought "umm what about brain surgery??"  I'd be a weeeee bit more worried about that one.  Back surgery is nothing to balk at, however you can be up and running in no time. One of my co-workers just had back surgery and I think he was out for only 3 weeks before the doctor released him to go back to work. Sure things might be different with Zach but I have my doubts that he'll be out for "months". 

I also went to school with a kid who's mom could never hold him because of some back injury she had when he was around 2.  He survived and grew up just fine! And I think he was the youngest of 2 or 3 kids. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Well, Matt had neck surgery and it seems to have helped.  He was in severe pain before that. Probably, always an issue, but, it seems like it helped. 

But, you know, I would think that a large, out of control, dog jumping up on Zach might not be a good idea. Yet, it looks like he and Tori are fine with it.

Amy did not hide that she didn't appreciate it on this last episode.  When you can't control your dog, you should at least keep it from jumping on guests, imo.    When, I have encountered that with people, I ask them do they want to restrain their dog or should I handle it.  You'd be surprised how people think that is wrong and that a dog should be allowed to jump on guests without interruption.  lol They don't get why people don't like scratches on their legs, picks on their clothes, etc.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4

I thought I heard the dog growling, which doesn’t seem all that playful.  When we used to play tug of war with the dog, we would stop playing if he started growling.

• Love 3

I'm just guessing but I'd imagine a whole lot of their money IS THE FARM.  So if one buys the other out the bought out one walks away with a boatload of money while the buyer stays behind with no money and lots of upkeep.

If the big house is in need of repairs would Matt have cash to fix it if he bought Amy out?

If Amy buys out Matt would she be able to manage that big property with little cash?

Something I'm sure they are both thinking about.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/30/2019 at 4:53 PM, TVFAN said:

I thought it was great that Amy made clear that she is in charge of her future and her choices.  Matt has been putting her and her ideas down for years.   The suggestion that the negotiations might go better if Chris were involved was yet another way of saying that as a woman, she is incapable of handling her own business affairs.

I have no doubt that Chris meant well, but sometimes a person doesn't want a white knight to ride in to the rescue.  No one is suggesting that Caryn should be there to help Matt.  Why should Amy be treated differently?  This reminds me of occasions when my dad tagged along when I bought a car.   Too often, although it was my money and my choice, the salesperson focused all the attention on my dad.

You go, Amy!   And take your time.   No one held a gun to Matt's head to get him to agree to the current division of the farm.  He was hot to get out of the marriage, and he got what he wanted.  Now, he will just have to live with the consequences.

To be honest I have no idea at all why either of them thought that Chris should have a say in what happened to the farm. And if he wasn't there to "have a say", then he was there as a realtor, and they could have used any other realtor. Mixing a business decision with your ex with your current boyfriend is just not a smart thing to do and I'm genuinely baffled either of them ever suggested it. And I think Amy's comment about how she can do it on her own at the end indicates she was probably a little insulted and felt like they were implying she needed her new man's help to decide.

As for what happens to the farm, the most I can see happening is that the LLC is dissolved and they each separately own the properties they live on, but considering pumpkin season happens on the patch Amy lives on, I doubt even that much is happening. Maybe they'll discover something that magically makes it so that changing anything would be a bad idea - some kind of permit/tax/money issue that gives them an excuse to pretend this whole storyline wasn't made up.

Edited by missnoa
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

I watched the episode yesterday. I can't tolerate Tori very much right now. After Zach's doctor appointment, I can't believe her insensitive comments about ZACH having back surgery. HER concerns, laziness and disorganization were her priority. IMO, she said nothing that would ease Zach's apprehension and fear about that procedure. It was all about her. That young, healthy woman is a stay at home mother and she can't handle taking care of her husband and ONE CHILD....that dog was not a good decision for this time in their lives. No one should bring a new pet in to the home when you're obviously moving. As a stay at home mother some years ago, I took care of my mother, in my home after having foot and shoulder surgery, took care of TWO elementary school aged boys, my 'didn't to much' husband AND my large home. It was cleaned, laundry, shopping, cooking done as usual. I also took my mom to the doctor for post surgery visits. I was in my late 30s; older than Tori. This girl needs a wake up call. I could see Amy was annoyed at these things.

I'm also quite tired of living out Matt and Amy's divorce. Shouldn't they have settled the fate of 'the farm' during their property settlement negotiations during their divorce? These things are settled before a divorce is final, aren't they? I hope this show isn't turning in to one of those 'not really' reality shows.

I also don't care for Caryn very much. Having an affair with a married man right under the nose of his wife is dishonest and wrong IMO. She and Matt are both liars and in it for themselves. She will never be neutral when it comes to Matt and Amy. She's out for herself. Matt is an idiot for being with her. Amy care for Chris more deeply than Chris cares for her. He is a man with a completely different life experience and can't relate to Amy's experiences being married with 4 children and a stay at home mom.  Don't really know why he's there. These are my observations and opinions so far.

• Love 10
15 hours ago, missnoa said:

To be honest I have no idea at all why either of them thought that Chris should have a say in what happened to the farm. And if he wasn't there to "have a say", then he was there as a realtor, and they could have used any other realtor. Mixing a business decision with your ex with your current boyfriend is just not a smart thing to do and I'm genuinely baffled either of them ever suggested it. And I think Amy's comment about how she can do it on her own at the end indicates she was probably a little insulted and felt like they were implying she needed her new man's help to decide.

As for what happens to the farm, the most I can see happening is that the LLC is dissolved and they each separately own the properties they live on, but considering pumpkin season happens on the patch Amy lives on, I doubt even that much is happening. Maybe they'll discover something that magically makes it so that changing anything would be a bad idea - some kind of permit/tax/money issue that gives them an excuse to pretend this whole storyline wasn't made up.

If I were Chris, I wouldn't want to be officially advising Amy about any of it just in case something would go awry and/or she wasn't happy.  I can see him helping her think it all through given his experience and expertise, but that's about as far as I'd want to go. Kind of like how Chris answered Zach's question about counter-offering.  I'd feel that way no matter who the people were, so I'm not trying to make any specific statements about Amy or Chris.

• Love 6

I finally got to see this most recent ep yesterday.

Amy was absolutely right to not want Chris involved.  Matt was extremely condescending, insinuating that she wasn't able to handle this by herself, and should let the men handle it.

I do think Chris may have been a tad disappointed at first, mainly because Amy said she didn't feel she'd get a fair shake if she took herself out of the negotiations - especially with Chris not having had to go up against Matt before.  But by the end of the convo, he seemed to understand, and I'm sure there was more conversation off camera.  And if I were Chris, I wouldn't really want in it.  I'm sure he wants to protect her, but by the same token, she could resent him if he acted in a way she didn't think benefitted her.  Best to just stay out of it, and be as supportive as possible but not involved directly.

I'm willing to give Tori a pass on a few things.  I doubt that at her age, she's ever faced a crisis like what is coming down the pipeline, and she's just out of sorts.  I believe when the chips are down, she'll figure it out.  She's just nervous.  Zach's prior surgeries were before she came along, I think, and I think she probably figured he'd be like Amy, who is relatively surgery free.  She also has Amy nearby (and as much as I hate to say it, Caryn), who can pitch in and help with housework, or the toddler, or whatever needs done.  I also think her parents aren't far.  As far as the dog, she has some deep connection to this breed, and I think she figured he would be identical to Sully, but she's wrong.  And probably doesn't want to admit it.  He needs some sort of doggy boot camp - preferably one where he's gone for a few days to give them a break.  I don't think that they can't have a bigger dog due to the LP issues, but he just needs to know how to behave.  And for their house, it doesn't appear there is a full flight of stairs to anywhere, and he grew up in a house with stairs, so I'm not sure that's such an issue, except for Matt, who whines about it.

Lastly, Bravo to Amy for standing up to Matt.  When she told him that he doesn't care about the people around him and their feelings, and that he's selfish, he goes on some tirade where he repeatedly goes off about ME, MY, ME ME ME, I, etc.  He just proved her point perfectly.

And Caryn can take several seats for her "I HOPE they don't want us to come to their wedding" nonsense, while saying she wants to be friends out of the other side of her mouth.  Witch.

• Love 13
(edited)

Caryn: " don't you (matt) want to be on this side of the bed so you can crutch over to the bathroom in the middle of the night".

Damn..that was a cut on two counts:

a- "crutching " to get around...

b- one has to get up in the middle of the night to use bathroom.

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2

Matt talks about a buy out...but is adding in the value of the retirement, the broken down hovel he bought to fix over, and (home he bought for Caryn's parents) or is he just considering the land and building of the farm and the piece of land that Amy sometimes thinks she wants.

Caryn is a trouble maker..

Amy should be getting her fair share of the pot....so if she were smart -she would get herself a great lawyer...and end up with what should her fair share...(including a piece of the black velvet bordello headboard)

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Amy  actually verbally said she would agree to a buyout. Wow. I had to hit the rewind button.

Did lightning strike somewhere? Did Hell suddenly freeze over?

• Love 6

I admittedly don't watch all the time, but I find myself wondering what Zach & Tori do for a living that they can afford such a big house?  Maybe you all know.  And forgive me, but they both seem not to be the brightest.  Seriously, your family consists of 2 dwarfs, maybe 3 since they are trying for another baby, and you but a house with all kinds of stairs & levels??  Hmmm.  

And that Caryn....ugh what a bitch.   Matt wants to build yet another house...a love nest for himself and his bride-to-be?  There's already 2 houses in the farm, he's got a place in Arizona and I read something about Matt buying Caryn's parents a house?  Caryn=golddigger.  But where do they all get the money?  No one seems to have a job!!!  Does this show really pay that well?  Perplexing......

• Love 5
(edited)

Buy me a bus ticket to Oregon, feed my cats, and throw me some bail.  I'm agonna kick the livin shit out of a crippled "small person" and his familiar.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • LOL 10
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Snarkastikate said:

I read something about Matt buying Caryn's parents a house? 

He did not buy her parents a house. Her parents sold their house in Arizona to Matt. I believe it's the house Matt and Caryn live in when they are staying in AZ. Caryn is quite the manipulator. How the hell did she ever get Matt to do that? You would think he would have wanted to build a new house to his liking. She reminds me of one of those women (or men) that are so sugary sweet and agreeable until they get a ring on their finger then turn in to a monster afterwards.  

3 minutes ago, Literata said:

For those boys to continue to suck up to their dad as his obnoxious, dishonest, entitled side piece demeans their mom on camera Is upsetting. Shame on them both.

And their wives are going along with it, too! It's sickening. 

• Love 12

As someone who lives in Arizona, it's pretty funny to see these two gushing about how nice it is outside and they can do all this stuff outside, etc. Wait until summer hits (and it lasts really longer than the summer, we were super hot at Halloween this year). It's not gonna stay that way at all, they better really enjoy the inside of their house cause it's miserable outside during a lot of the year.

• Love 9

As for Amy agreeing to a buyout - if that happens the storyline for next season is going to be months and months of dragged out "negotiations" if how they came to this decision is anything to go by. Kill me now.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11

Amy still hasn’t done a buyout months after her so called decision and TLC filming it. Another site pulled property and tax records and it’s all still written as Matt and Amy as owners. There has been no movement to a buyout they could find. Was this all fake for filming? 

• Useful 5
  • Love 10

After reading the few  posts and now starting to watch  I don’t think my tv screen is safe. When that lying sack of shit said to Zack “ her ( Amy’s ) happiness is important to me” makes me Rage-y. Can’t you go to Hell for lying like that like you can for stealing? 

• Love 7
(edited)
16 minutes ago, sonder said:

Amy still hasn’t done a buyout months after her so called decision and TLC filming it. Another site pulled property and tax records and it’s all still written as Matt and Amy as owners. There has been no movement to a buyout they could find. Was this all fake for filming? 

It wouldn't surprise me at all, I've been feeling like a lot of TLC's shows are getting more and more fake as time goes by. What storyline would they have had without it really? Amy and Chris going on all their trips? Matt and Caryn buying a place in AZ? They played up "tension" between Matt/Caryn/Amy over pumpkin season. The only people who had a lot happen this year was Zach and Tori with the house drama and now Zach's health issues.

Also, the internet is the enemy of these "reality" shows. They're months behind so you can dig stuff up on legal websites to figure out who is filing court documents (like house ownership or marriage/divorce/babies born), you can see what people are doing on their social media accounts, etc. Tori just told everyone she's expecting a daughter and it'll be forever till the show itself gets to that.

Matt and Amy untangling their lives even post divorce is always gonna be a huge undertaking. The farm is a massive business and they also have other businesses tied to it like the salsa business, etc. But oh my god he's so condescending, and him basically saying Chris should be helping her was an asshole moment.

Edited by missnoa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8

I don't understand the "negotiations" that have to happen if Amy wants Matt to buy her out.  I assume it was spelled out pretty well at their divorce.  They get the farm appraised and Matt pays her for half of it.  If he doesn't want to do that, then they sell it.  They're so much more dramatic than they need to be.

• Love 14