Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Scarlett45

Important reminders: 

1. Our (golden) Be Civil rule applies to your fellow members.  It does not apply to the show, the characters, the cast, etc.  Folks are free to say whatever they like - and however they'd like to say it - about anybody related to the show providing it doesn't violate our hate speech policy

2. As per our site spoiler policy: episodes released on premium or pay-per-view services are not considered spoilers.

• Start Topic

On 5/21/2019 at 11:21 PM, Jeanne222 said:

It was interesting when Chris maybe slipped and said with US, referring to Amy, Chris and Matt, living so closely on the farm!  I took that to mean Chris has moved in!

I don't know what to say about the three of them.  Chris is putting Amy in a bad position playing with Matt even a little bit!  Matt loves it and Amy hates it!  Matt could end up breaking them up over that!paying

I'm tired of Caryn too!  I kind of liked her previous seasons but with Matt promoting her so much I'm kind of done with her!

Poor Zack I wonder if the moving and all those stairs have gotten to his back?

It's the season topic but yes it's tiring!

Well too bad for Zack, Tori liked that house, her Little husband & child just have to deal with it  like her ill trained dog!

• Love 7
11 hours ago, tinderbox said:

My guess is that Matt and Amy get along better then they'd have us believe.  Don't forget LPBW is a tv show!!!

Exactly...

Here is a copy/paste excerpt from Matt's FB page dated 05/12/19:

"A very Happy Mother’s Day to ..first and foremost ... my mom (Peggy) the one who gave me life and made me who I am! .... and to Amy the wonderful mother of my 4 amazing children.. to Tori and Audrey the best mother’s of the best grand babies a grandpa could ever be blessed with.. to my sister Ruth and her growing family.. to Caryn and Michele, to the (100 or so) Mother’s I was honored to send private, personal message greetings to the past 24 hours /- once again -/ Happy, biggest, baddest, most loved Mother’s Day Ever... lol. ..AND finally to ALL the moms, grandmas and great grandmas... to future moms and those that have lost moms.. those that desire to be moms and all the wonderful women in the world that define the word “mom” - You are the heart and soul and givers of life and love— Thank you for being our moms!.".

And this excerpt from his FB page dated 04/28/19:

Most of you should know that I don’t have a hired gun to manage my social media accounts ... everything that I post is from me directly... like everyone.. sometimes I’m in a more tolerant mood and other times not as much. Either way I need to repeat I Don’t allow four letter name calling or unnecessary mean comments about Amy, or any of my family or friends. I can’t possibly catch and delete every mean spirited comment. There simply isn’t enough time—. With that said I have banned and deleted a dozen or more followers in the past few weeks for one reason or another. Once you’re gone ...your gone. I don’t have a process to have you back. I do allow spirited conversation and differing opinions especially about the show and what you see on TV because most of you are intelligent kind hearted people that understand we are a real family.. but sharing our life’s through the lens of a narrow TV camera. 

On 5/22/2019 at 3:41 PM, Joan of Argh said:

They were listed with one of those realtor places that only charge 1% commission 

Chris is probably working at a larger mainstream real estate company that charges more to sell your home.

JMO but I think that might be why it took a little longer to sell.

Yes, I think you're on to something; I wonder if the full-commission Realtors are less inclined to show a home that's listed by one of the "cut-rate" services?

• Love 3

If I disliked Caryn before, I dislike her even more after this episode.  I got the impression that she wants Amy to absolve her behavior, just "forgive and forget" and them all be one big happy family.  What a biotch!

• Love 10

One other thing, and forgive me if this has been discussed before and I missed it (entirely possible!), but does anyone think that Matt might have ADHD?  All Matt's impulsivity, projects left unfinished, hyperfocus on topics of interest, etc. make me wonder.  

• Love 4

Oh Tori!  Sitting in your new large home asking Zack where Murphy was, is so lazy and pathetic.  With a puppy of that age, much like a toddler, you keep them in eye sight at all times.  That dog will chew, poop, pee, destroy or get into something dangerous without proper supervision.  Buy some more baby gates, keep Murphy in the same room with you, and he will learn not to tear up the home.  Also, letting him run loose in the front yard is so dangerous too. I'm surprised Murphy hasn't been hit by a car yet.

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, watcherwoman said:

Oh Tori!  Sitting in your new large home asking Zack where Murphy was, is so lazy and pathetic.  With a puppy of that age, much like a toddler, you keep them in eye sight at all times.  That dog will chew, poop, pee, destroy or get into something dangerous without proper supervision.  Buy some more baby gates, keep Murphy in the same room with you, and he will learn not to tear up the home.  Also, letting him run loose in the front yard is so dangerous too. I'm surprised Murphy hasn't been hit by a car yet.

Actually, I’m surprised at her because she raised Sully so well.  Zack’s laziness must be wearing off on her (their garage in the small house looked just like his room when he was growing up.  A mess – things just thrown on the garage floor. He hasn’t changed one wit).

Edited by Kid
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, SnarkEnthusiast said:

Must be awkward for Caryn's kids to know there's a strong possibly their mom broke up her former bosses' marriage and then have to pal around and play blended family with Matt. I don't know why she insists on forcing (the appearance of) a continued relationship with Amy, who can barely seem to stomach eye contact with her. Regardless of when the Caryn/Matt relationship started, it's a bitter blow and incredibly tacky for your employee of a decade to not only start sleeping with your (ex) husband, but continue to flaunt their relationship and play house on your property for years afterwards.

It’s called revisionist history.  The more benevolent and kind that Caryn pretends to be to Amy on TV, the more they hope the viewing audience will forget how she and Matt got together.  And it makes Amy’s discomfort around her seem like Amy is a vampire who can’t look upon the daylight.  

If you haven’t been watching the show for years, on the surface Caryn seems to be this wonderful and patient woman who just came into poor Matt’s life like the Virgin Mary descending from the sky with her arms outstretched.  Willing to overlook every bad quality or challenge Matt may have and wanting to shower him with unconditional love.  She understands him like no other, can’t think of anyone she would rather be with, and wants absolutely nothing in return.  Add to that that she is the only woman who really knows how to run a pumpkin patch in the state of OR, and her sainthood is almost guaranteed.

You can say all you want to that there is no proof that Matt was banging the help while he was married, but ask yourself, why would Amy just be cordial and not want to become friends if that weren’t the case?  She is with Chris and she is far better off in the romance Dept now, so what else besides betrayal would cause her to act that way?  Time heals most wounds my friends, but betrayal is not one of them.  Especially when you are forced to face it daily, on TV, with a smile on your face.  Amy has said many times that she would not speak about the Matt and Caryn thing on TV because of her kids, but she has certainly hinted at it enough and her inability to be girlfriends with a woman she has known for over a decade speaks VOLUMES.

Bottom line is, the positive PR campaign of Caryn for BFF will never work.  Not in a million years.  By all means, Matt and Caryn, live your lives and find happiness.  You are better off this way by far.  But stop trying to insult Amy and the viewing audience with the revisionist history.  You get cordiality and respect from Amy and that is all you deserve, for the good of the family.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

It’s called revisionist history.  The more benevolent and kind that Caryn pretends to be to Amy on TV, the more they hope the viewing audience will forget how she and Matt got together.  And it makes Amy’s discomfort around her seem like Amy is a vampire who can’t look upon the daylight.  

If you haven’t been watching the show for years, on the surface Caryn seems to be this wonderful and patient woman who just came into poor Matt’s life like the Virgin Mary descending from the sky with her arms outstretched.  Willing to overlook every bad quality or challenge Matt may have and wanting to shower him with unconditional love.  She understands him like no other, can’t think of anyone she would rather be with, and wants absolutely nothing in return.  Add to that that she is the only woman who really knows how to run a pumpkin patch in the state of OR, and her sainthood is almost guaranteed.

You can say all you want to that there is no proof that Matt was banging the help while he was married, but ask yourself, why would Amy just be cordial and not want to become friends if that weren’t the case?  She is with Chris and she is far better off in the romance Dept now, so what else besides betrayal would cause her to act that way?  Time heals most wounds my friends, but betrayal is not one of them.  Especially when you are forced to face it daily, on TV, with a smile on your face.  Amy has said many times that she would not speak about the Matt and Caryn thing on TV because of her kids, but she has certainly hinted at it enough and her inability to be girlfriends with a woman she has known for over a decade speaks VOLUMES.

Bottom line is, the positive PR campaign of Caryn for BFF will never work.  Not in a million years.  By all means, Matt and Caryn, live your lives and find happiness.  You are better off this way by far.  But stop trying to insult Amy and the viewing audience with the revisionist history.  You get cordiality and respect from Amy and that is all you deserve, for the good of the family.

The other thing they'd like us to forget is that Caryn's son at age 19 is an ex-con, former addict.  I hope he's turned his life around, but Matt acted like Caryn's kids are model citizens.  https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/05/caryn-chandler-little-people-debut-children-troubled-son-connor-arrest/

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, artisto said:

Here is a copy/paste excerpt from Matt's FB page dated 05/12/19:

and to Amy the wonderful mother of my 4 amazing children.. ...... I Don’t allow four letter name calling or unnecessary mean comments about Amy, or any of my family or friends.

Matt is a good man who doesn't deserve all the bashing he gets...jmo.

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Jenny8 said:

Nor does Amy, but lots of people (especially on FB) bash her as a harpie shrew.  I've had to hide people on here who said some really hateful stuff about her appearance, etc.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Jenny8 said:

Not a Matt fan by any means . . . But I will admit that I found the Mother’s Day post to be sweet.  I don’t follow any of them on social media but was touched by the wording of that message, so thank you to Artisto for posting that.  Matt may have many good qualities, and I’m hoping that some of the BS that we see is producer driven and that he really isn’t out to run Amy off the farm and cheat her out of her fair share.  Most of my dislike of him comes from what I believe is his affair with his employee under Amy’s nose and his desire to continue to portray Amy in a bad light.  I’m just one of those folks that believe that if you aren’t happy with your marriage, give your partner the dignity and respect of telling them and leaving the marriage honestly.  Don’t cheat until you get caught or until someone comes along that you feel is worth the hassle of divorcing your wife.

• Love 8
42 minutes ago, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

Not a Matt fan by any means . . . But I will admit that I found the Mother’s Day post to be sweet.  I don’t follow any of them on social media but was touched by the wording of that message, so thank you to Artisto for posting that.  Matt may have many good qualities, and I’m hoping that some of the BS that we see is producer driven and that he really isn’t out to run Amy off the farm and cheat her out of her fair share.  Most of my dislike of him comes from what I believe is his affair with his employee under Amy’s nose and his desire to continue to portray Amy in a bad light.  I’m just one of those folks that believe that if you aren’t happy with your marriage, give your partner the dignity and respect of telling them and leaving the marriage honestly.  Don’t cheat until you get caught or until someone comes along that you feel is worth the hassle of divorcing your wife.

I can't get on the Matt adoration train for lots of reasons, with the infidelity and DUIs being among them.  The nicest thing I can say about him is that he's enterprising.

• Love 14
6 hours ago, readheaded said:

Yes, I think you're on to something; I wonder if the full-commission Realtors are less inclined to show a home that's listed by one of the "cut-rate" services?

Yes you're correct......  A realtor friend of mine said full-commission realtors avoid those listings.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

I'm glad Matt acknowledged the mother of his children, but I can't admire a man who would cheat on his wife, & with the hired help on their own property - all seems very likely to have happened.  I give Amy a lot of credit for putting her kids ahead of addressing all of what happened publicly. She's also exhibited a ton of patience & tolerance for both Matt & Caryn's attempts at "revisionist history" (agreed on that being the case).

She seems happy enough with Chris. I guess my concerns come from her earlier comments about not believing anyone would want her, & Chris being the first guy post-divorce, & second one, ever, for her.  Hopefully all is well.

Honestly, JMO but I think both couples are trying too hard, at least on the show. 

• Love 6

I’m neutral when it comes to Amy and Matt. They can both be quite annoying, though.

I am divorced and my ex remarried. They were both welcome in my home for holidays, and grandchildren’s birthdays. They never reciprocated, and I lived.

Now he’s divorced, and has a girlfriend. Same as above. Too much energy would have been wasted in being pissed all the time. And, I think it bugs my ex that I’m not. That’s a perk!

• Love 13

From what I remember, Amy always considered Jeremy, Zach, Molly and Jacob to be "her" kids...almost like Matt was just a sperm donor.  When the children need  discipline, she always sided with the child over Matt... no matter what... She never wanted Matt to tell her how to raise "her" children.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/24/2019 at 11:22 AM, Kid said:

Actually, I’m surprised at her because she raised Sully so well.  Zack’s laziness must be wearing off on her 

Tori said that Sully was a very easy dog to train and was always a well behaved dog from the beginning. Apparently she was expecting the same from Murphy which is not fair to the dog. They are all different, even if they are the same breed. She (and Zach) have got to come to terms with the reality that Murphy needs a lot of attention and training. Who ever said upthread that Murphy may end up living at the farm may be on to something. It may be the best for Murphy. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 4
On 5/14/2019 at 8:25 PM, jumper sage said:

I agree with every word you typed.  I am an able bodies person and all those stairs just turn me off.  Why would you take chances with a child, let alone a dwarf child?  I actually felt for Matt when he said he would never see the baby's room again.  How does Zach carry the baby up all those stairs?  They think the house looks huge, when in reality, the different levels just chop it up.

I agree with the poor decision making.  HOWEVER, what about Tory???  What was HER role in all this poor decision making??  Wasn't the new house HER idea??

I get the impression that Zach doesn't blow his nose without Tory approving.  Jackson is HER dwarf child, too so I'm curious whether she gave sufficient thought to all the unintended consequences of the cascade of the decisions you describe.  

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/24/2019 at 6:26 PM, Caracoa1 said:

From what I remember, Amy always considered Jeremy, Zach, Molly and Jacob to be "her" kids...almost like Matt was just a sperm donor.  When the children need  discipline, she always sided with the child over Matt... no matter what... She never wanted Matt to tell her how to raise "her" children.

So true, but, still, Matt holds Amy in high esteem as the mother of their children.  A lot of father's would have considered her behavior parental alienation.  But, if it turned out okay, then, I suppose it was the right decision.  

I don't see any of the kids seeming miserable on the show. They all seem pretty happy and content to me.  Except, I do think that the large, out of control dog does frustrate Zach.  Which is reasonable, however, he should be able to seek info on training and at least start on some basics.  Not his half asp attempts and then the two of them yelling bad dog.....please.   I haven't figured out if Tori and he are dense enough to allow the dog to run free near vehicles or if that was story driven.  Tori's decision to do things that are counterproductive to little people does mystify me though.  House with many stairs, large breed dog, getting rid of pool, (wouldn't water activities be easier on Zach and Jackson, since, it puts less stress on their joints?) etc.  It's like she stays up nights trying to figure out what would make the least sense. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2

I thought this was funny in light of discussions here about how drawn out this season has been about "the decision."  Seems Amy didn't like that aspect either.

Other fans have expressed their frustration at the dragged out storyline, with another user taking to the comments section of the post to say it was "just [a] little annoying" to watch Roloff go back-and-forth about selling the farm or not.

Roloff also replied sharing she felt the same way and that she had even asked producers if they could make some changes to the episodes, but they said no.

https://popculture.com/reality-tv/2019/05/26/amy-roloff-cryptic-post-ex-husband-matt-roloff-farms-stir-social-media/

• Love 1

I agree that Matt and Caryn's betrayal was the absolute worse thing done to Amy.  Just the act of betraying a loved one is so much worse than any other crime or hurt that can be done to someone.  If a random person vandalizes my car, I'm going to be pissed, but eventually I'll get over it, but if my friend or mate cheats and lies to me, that cuts to the core.  My trust may never return, my self worth will be shot and I'll probably never get the answer to "why".  Betrayal also hurts the kids, it's just a horrible thing to do to anyone.  For anyone saying "get over it", they are very naive.  If it never happened to you, just try to imagine your child living through it.  Do you want to see your child lose trust in everyone?  It's just a shitty think to do, and Caryn and Matt are not kids, they should have known better.  Screw them!  The good news is their "love story" will probably not last.  They are starting with a really bad foundation.

Amy should get a medal for even being cordial to either one of those assholes.

• Love 15

Re betrayal Matt and Amy were clearly miserable for years.  Matt’s cheating resulted in Amy ending up in a fulfilling relationship with a man who desires and respects her.  She should recognize that his selfishness actually did her a favor and let it go.  I get that she is conservative and doesn’t believe in divorce but can she honestly say she would be happier if still married to Matt?  With the kids gone they would hate each other even more.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Re betrayal Matt and Amy were clearly miserable for years.  Matt’s cheating resulted in Amy ending up in a fulfilling relationship with a man who desires and respects her.  She should recognize that his selfishness actually did her a favor and let it go.  I get that she is conservative and doesn’t believe in divorce but can she honestly say she would be happier if still married to Matt?  With the kids gone they would hate each other even more.

I don't personally believe the betrayal was Matt divorcing Amy; the betrayal is the infidelity with Caryn, especially since she was their "friend" and employee.

• Love 13
10 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I don't personally believe the betrayal was Matt divorcing Amy; the betrayal is the infidelity with Caryn, especially since she was their "friend" and employee.

Caryn was the reason for the divorce.  I don’t think Matt would have left without another woman lined up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
33 minutes ago, Spike said:

Caryn was the reason for the divorce.  I don’t think Matt would have left without another woman lined up.

Agreed. He needed someone to take care of him and and listen to his bull crap. Whining only feels good to him when he has someone to listen to it. 

• Love 10
On 5/23/2019 at 5:52 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

On the flip side, I don't get why Amy is so bothered by any hint of casual friendship between Matt and Chris.

Having come from a family where divorce is pretty high and have a sister who cheated on not one but two husbands it is better for everyone to get along.  It may take time and it is easier for us who are from the "perpetrators" family.  We just keep saying, "Sorry", and , "Glad to have your back".  The ex in-laws even have their own family meetings in the barn.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

She should recognize that his selfishness actually did her a favor and let it go.

I agree.  It is just a wasted life to be miserable.  I would hope anyone would recognize and work out a plan to leave a relationship before moving on but clearly I am in the minority.

• Love 7
(edited)
On 5/22/2019 at 2:34 PM, SabineElisabeth said:

So in the preview for next week, we see the doctor saying Zach will definitely need surgery for his back etc in the future, and Tori looking floored.  I wanted, with every ounce of my being, to scream at her through my tv, "Maybe you should have thought a little bit harder before you quit your teaching job with AMAZING health insurance to be a reality tv "star!!!"

And sweet Jesus, not sure I will last another season, because just imagine the fucking whining that we're in store for now.  IMHO, they could all use a lesson from Jennifer Arnold on The Little Couple, who faces incredible adversity, most recently hip replacement surgery, with grace, zero complaints, and sincere gratitude for the good things in her life.

i used to think she had a decent i.q. but after insisting on buying a MULTI level house when you have a dwarf husband and son and possibly more children down the line also, she is a moron. i feel bad for zach, who also lacks smarts, who should have said "NO" to the home with all the stairs.. oh, and don't forget the pool. wtf?!

Edited by msrachelj
add
  • Love 10
On 5/23/2019 at 5:52 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

All the Roloff men in general seem like losers, and I don't get what any of the women see in them (minus Instagram fame ho Audrey), especially Tori. Zach is stuck at 17 emotionally, lazy, and has zero apparent long-term goals, which to be fair also describes Jeremy and probably Jacob, but Tori is just so normal and well-adjusted.

Jeremy looks perpetually miserable.

Must be awkward for Caryn's kids to know there's a strong possibly their mom broke up her former bosses' marriage and then have to pal around and play blended family with Matt. I don't know why she insists on forcing (the appearance of) a continued relationship with Amy, who can barely seem to stomach eye contact with her. Regardless of when the Caryn/Matt relationship started, it's a bitter blow and incredibly tacky for your employee of a decade to not only start sleeping with your (ex) husband, but continue to flaunt their relationship and play house on your property for years afterwards.

On the flip side, I don't get why Amy is so bothered by any hint of casual friendship between Matt and Chris. I think because she's in giddy high school sweetheart mode and justifiably still sour about Caryn, a tiny part of her wants Chris to hate Matt or be jealous of him to indirectly scratch her petty itch or boost her ego. But Chris has never been married into his 50s - this clearly ain't his first rodeo dating in a divorced family. I think it's very mature and realistic of him to want to build a positive relationship with Matt knowing it will be easier for him than Amy to influence Matt in her favor, as evidenced by Matt's douchey comment that Chris has been a "calming influence" on Amy or whatever condescending, backhanded bullshit he said.

Look, I get having an affinity for a particular dog breed, but Tori has to realize Murphy is a terrible dog to not only have around any toddler, but potentially several toddlers with dwarfism, especially with his boundless energy and total lack of training. You'd think this would've occurred to her given that there's a good possibly she'll be the only person in her family of average height.

unfortunately most people are clueless about their fur babies or pets ,(whichever you fall under!), and  don't do any research on the breed . not to preach but there are way way too many dogs and puppies (and cats) in shelters that need homes. this breed she loves is totally wrong for a family with little people. especially since it isn't even getting obedience training. 

• Love 8
(edited)
16 hours ago, Spike said:

I don't consider it's selfish to exit a marriage in which you are despised by your wife, but, I get your point and agree.   Amy and Matt agree that they had not been happy in many years AND Amy even says that she was unhappy soon after the marriage, so, things are much better with them living apart.  I still suspect that Amy's resentment is not that Matt is with Caryn, but, that she is no longer able to verbally attack Matt, like she did during the marriage. If Matt is so terrible, then, Caryn deserves that, right? lol 

Plus, Amy has never accused Matt and Caryn of cheating before the separation nor has anyone else on the show.  And, Amy's had plenty of chances. The show may give that as innuendo, but, it's speculation at most.   If Amy  suspected adultery, she likely has confided this to Chris, but, Chris doesn't seem to have any issue with Matt or Caryn either, so, I tend to believe that it's imaginary or nonexistent. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I still suspect that Amy's resentment is not that Matt is with Caryn, but, that she is no longer able to verbally attack Matt, like she did during the marriage. If Matt is so terrible, then, Caryn deserves that, right? lol 

Why would anyone resent that?  They each attacked the other in their own way, which made them both miserable.  Why would Amy miss that?  And you are right, I agree 100%, Caryn did Amy a favor and deserves what she gets.  It’s just a shame though, how I believe she got it.  I don’t think there are many folks that really believe that Matt and Caryn suddenly discovered each other after the divorce.  Just because they aren’t slinging that info around on the show ala Jerry Springer doesn’t mean that Matt exited the marriage honestly and without any cross over.  I think if he did, you would be seeing a much different Amy right now because she is in a much different/better situation.  No, I think that is the best evidence of betrayal, in my opinion.  

I don’t think the show is going to last much longer, and I’m okay with that.  But it would be interesting to see a few years down the road, after the “TV era” of this family.  Matt and Amy will eventually be settled separately, where ever they want.  Amy may be marrried and she may not.  She may be with Chris and she may not.  She is a reasonably healthy achon with no visible complications to her skeletal condition.  Matt on the other hand has a form of dwarfism that has given him a lifetime of complications.  We have watched his health deteriorate over the years and he will need more assistance and care as the years go on.  I just wonder if Caryn is the unconditional and loving partner Matt thinks she is and if it will last after the glam days are over and the trips and shopping sprees get fewer, etc.  It reminds me of that old saying, be careful what you wish for.

• Love 6
On 5/23/2019 at 3:26 PM, babyhouseman said:

Tori seems oblivious to what goes on with little people. Has she not done any research into possible medical problems? She lives in her own little world. 

I hear what you’re saying, and agree.  My guess is that Tori is an optimist at heart.  She wears blinders regarding the downside and negatives of what a little person experiences.  While admirable, it seems surprising considering the lifestyle of the family she married in to.  She compartmentalizes the “bad” aspects.

• Love 4
On 5/23/2019 at 4:52 PM, SnarkEnthusiast said:

On the flip side, I don't get why Amy is so bothered by any hint of casual friendship between Matt and Chris.

Well we see that Matt can't keep his mouth shut from snarky comments about Amy on the show... I'm sure Amy is worried what Matt will say to Chris behind closed doors.   I wouldn't trust him either. 

However it is nice to see that Chris takes effort to be friendly to Matt. 

• Love 8
On 5/27/2019 at 9:52 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I don't consider it's selfish to exit a marriage in which you are despised by your wife, but, I get your point and agree.   Amy and Matt agree that they had not been happy in many years AND Amy even says that she was unhappy soon after the marriage, so, things are much better with them living apart.  I still suspect that Amy's resentment is not that Matt is with Caryn, but, that she is no longer able to verbally attack Matt, like she did during the marriage. If Matt is so terrible, then, Caryn deserves that, right? lol 

Plus, Amy has never accused Matt and Caryn of cheating before the separation nor has anyone else on the show.  And, Amy's had plenty of chances. The show may give that as innuendo, but, it's speculation at most.   If Amy  suspected adultery, she likely has confided this to Chris, but, Chris doesn't seem to have any issue with Matt or Caryn either, so, I tend to believe that it's imaginary or nonexistent. 

She did pretty much say this, though, during a FB Live video not too long ago. To quote:

"...I think the other thing is, when you know you have issues and you know you have problems, whether it be on your side or another side, when you start looking before you're separated, that is hard. When you become involved and much more than just a friend, that you become maybe more in a relationship that's more than just saying, "Hey friend, let's go out for coffee," I think that can be hard on the other person as well, and I think that's what happened in my case. You know, we have someone that worked for us for a very long time, on our farm, and I believe (this is all from my perspective), that there was more than just friends going on and I think that evolved to a point where that got in the way of our marriage as well."

(Begins about 9 minutes in)

• Love 13
On 5/27/2019 at 10:33 AM, HighlandWarriorGrl said:

I just wonder if Caryn is the unconditional and loving partner Matt thinks she is and if it will last after the glam days are over and the trips and shopping sprees get fewer, etc.  It reminds me of that old saying, be careful what you wish for.

I think it's likely we can all agree that if Matt were simply Matt the accountant or Matt the car salesman, Caryn would have had little interest. If the finances dwindle and the healthcare responsibilities ramp up, I imagine she'll be questioning the relationship.

• Love 4
On 5/27/2019 at 8:52 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

If Amy  suspected adultery, she likely has confided this to Chris, but, Chris doesn't seem to have any issue with Matt or Caryn either, so, I tend to believe that it's imaginary or nonexistent. 

My guess is Amy is prevented legally from discussing it on the show. Apparently she is NOT prevented from discussing it on a podcast. 

As far as Chris, I imagine he is simply trying to help Amy move beyond what happened. He mentioned that he was cheated on more than once; I doubt he's in favor of Matt's having conducted himself in that manner, but he also seems to be a pretty logical guy who sees value in helping everyone get along. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Well we see that Matt can't keep his mouth shut from snarky comments about Amy on the show...

Maybe this has been covered, but the fact that Caryn is now making snarky comments about Amy is rubbing me the wrong way. I expect as much from Matt, but I'd like to see Caryn take the high road. 

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, seasons said:

Tori, like please stop saying "like". Like, thanks.

Like, ugh. 

“Like” is somewhat old fashioned at this point.  The current one is “literally.”

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Yes, these constant “decision” discussions are getting old, but I would listen to them all night if it means that Amy will continue to hold Matt at bay and make him wait.  I love it.  Is it passive-aggressive?  Absolutely.  Would she be more comfortable if she decided one way or another?  Definitely.  But (a big-ass but), if it means that Matt and his adulterous jump-off are inconvenienced and annoyed . . . I’m good.  Just listen to these two run Amy and Chris down on camera at every opportunity when those same two people have been nothing but gracious, to the point of Chris spending some leisure time getting to know Matt.  Caryn has the audacity to make nasty comments about potentially being invited to Amy and Chris’ wedding (“We might have to go!”).  What a catty bitch.  Talk about staying in your lane.

Team Amy all the way.  I hope they have to haul her out of that farmhouse feet-first on a gurney in another 30+ years.

Wowza! So well said!! Thank you! 👍👍

• Love 6
6 minutes ago, Suzy Rhapsody said:

Caryn has the audacity to make nasty comments about potentially being invited to Amy and Chris’ wedding (“We might have to go!”).  What a catty bitch.  Talk about staying in your lane.

YES! What a bitch was my first thought, as well. She pretends to be nice and acts as though she takes the high road all the time, then talks shit behind her back. I find her repulsive. The situation doesn't involve Caryn or Chris and I think they both need to stay out of any conversations about it. But, I do feel as though Chris approaches it without an agenda, at least.

• Love 17
(edited)

I’d like to invite Caryn to take the head chair at the shut your fucking pie hole table. Enough with her passive aggressive digs at Amy. Yes, the made for tv farm drama has to be played out, so everyone earns a paycheck. But whoever is feeding Caryn her storyline needs to stop her and Matt from saying Amy is “holding them hostage”...they can’t move forward...they don’t know what their future holds until Amy makes the decision.  Really??? Matt has bought at least two properties with Caryn’s involvement; he bought HER parents’ retirement condo in AZ and that “investment” land that’s covered in mold and rat turds.  I don’t think poor, long suffering Matt is having any trouble moving on with whatever the hell Matt wants to do. 

I’m glad Amy spoke up and told Matt she doesn’t need Chris to manage or consult or guide her decision process.  I wish she would have an honest discussion with each of her kids to let them know why the “farm” is equivalent to family to her.  She is afraid she won’t see her 3 sons or her grand kids as often if she moves.  They need to reassure her that she is not going to be excluded or forgotten if she lives in a new condo or house not in smelling distance of Matt’s manure.

Molly is out of state, so she will always visit her mom when she makes trips to OR. I don’t know about her relationship with Jacob since he isn’t filmed, but I assume it’s good since he and his fiancé lived with Amy for a while.  Amy and Zach seem close, and Tori looks like she has a good connection.  I don’t see Tori or Zach withholding their kids from Amy.  Now, Jerk and Odd could be a different story.  Jerk has made snide remarks about Amy because of the divorce. And Odd, patron saint of the thigh gap and gaping maw Instastories, has little respect for Amy for not being subservient enough to make her miserable marriage to a miserable man work.

What dog food are they giving Murphy??? He is HUGE! Is there a reason why they haven’t brought him to obedience training?  Between his size, lack of training and  Zach’s back problems, Tori will be the only person able to walk or kinda control Murphy for a long time.  I see Jackson getting knocked down & dragged by that dog in the future, and it won’t be the dog’s fault.

I have to wonder if Tori and Zach are playing dumb for the drama factor or if they are truly in denial about Zach’s health/potential health issues? Tori looked floored by the news Zach may need surgery...sooner or later, but at some point.  The guy has had multiple surgeries and hospitalizations since he was a kid. Zach has to be aware of his own condition and what could be ahead for him, right?  But, they did buy a house with a stupid multi-level layout.  And, they have a rambunctious large breed dog they haven’t trained, so maybe they are as clueless as shown on tv.

Edited by BusyOctober
  • LOL 3
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Shmoopaloop said:

YES! What a bitch was my first thought, as well. She pretends to be nice and acts as though she takes the high road all the time, then talks shit behind her back. I find her repulsive. The situation doesn't involve Caryn or Chris and I think they both need to stay out of any conversations about it. But, I do feel as though Chris approaches it without an agenda, at least.

I did think at first that Chris was  staying  out of the decision on the farm. But with  his seeming attempts to be friendly with Matt, I started to think that perhaps he is trying to push Amy to take the buyout. Amy didn’t come across as real happy about Chris taking tractor driving lessons from him. Amy might get concerned that Chris will fall under Matt’s influence if they stay on the farm, so she’ll go for a buyout, which I think is what Chris would prefer.  That land must be pretty valuable.  50% is a nice retirement fund. 

• Love 2