Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, Jenny8 said:

How many men out there would give a second look to a middle-aged dwarf like Amy that Chris is afraid she might cheat on him? I don't think there are many men just drooling over her little fat body. Yes, there are many beautiful little women out there, but Amy just isn't one of them.

Very blunt statement, but I agree.  Chris loves here for her personality, the goodness he sees in her, not her looks.  I think he's a pretty good guy.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Honey said:

I was waiting for Matt to fall backwards down the stairs, and take out Caryn on the way down.

And she was holding a drink in her hand. Like if you were worried your boyfriend might fall backwards MAYBE you should have both hands free?

18 hours ago, DonnaMae said:

Does it bother anyone that Zach sits on the kitchen counter?  How does he get up there?  Maybe Tori should buy him a high stool to perch on.

Eh, it's his house and if he feels comfortable sitting there so he can talk to people at eye level instead of looking up at them, then I think that's ok. 

11 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I was 46 when I married my husband, he was 48. Neither of us had been married before. We were together for 6 years before we got engaged and got married a year later. We did not live together until we were engaged. And we had been friends for 14 years before we started going out, so it isn't like we were getting to know each other. Not everyone is in a hurry to get married! 

I worked with a lady that lived with her boyfriend for many years. They even had grown children (like high school/college age). She had no intentions of getting married, she had been married before and her husband was killed in a motorcycle accident.  Then one day her and her boyfriend went to vegas on vacation and he asked her to marry him and they got married! So it was just a kinda meant to be moment.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Dmarie019 said:

Eh, it's his house and if he feels comfortable sitting there so he can talk to people at eye level instead of looking up at them, then I think that's ok. 

As long as Tori cleans the counter before she places food on it.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

And she was holding a drink in her hand. Like if you were worried your boyfriend might fall backwards MAYBE you should have both hands free?

I worked with a lady that lived with her boyfriend for many years. They even had grown children (like high school/college age). She had no intentions of getting married, she had been married before and her husband was killed in a motorcycle accident.  Then one day her and her boyfriend went to vegas on vacation and he asked her to marry him and they got married! So it was just a kinda meant to be moment.  

I think Amy would marry Chris tomorrow if he'd ask.

Chris is the one taking his time, not her.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, DonnaMae said:

As long as Tori cleans the counter before she places food on it.

Except you generally don't place food directly onto the counter.. it's usually on a plate or something. Or like the pizzas... inside their box.  The food and his butt would never touch the same surface. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, sATL said:

The previews mentioned an avg sized person picked up Amy at an function  she and Chris attended.  did TLC flashback and show said person?

No.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

Say it either way... Amy still looks like a potato. 

There is a classic scene in M*A*S*H where Hawkeye and Trapper  bet if anyone would notice a naked Hawkeye  in the mess tent.  hawk lost the bet.

Now if beautiful Amy walked around the farm in the buff..would Matt or the other farm personnel notice? Would Chris salute (the soldier crowd saluted Hawkeye) ? LOL !!

Edited by sATL
  • LOL 1

I’m so tired of the farm discussion.  Matt wants Amy off the farm, Amy knows this, end of discussion.

Jer wants to end up with the farm but not the work required even though it’s basically planting pumpkins and maintaining buildings and equipment.  Their “season” is 4 weekends in October. It only takes 8 days of sales a year to fund all that?

I like that Zach stays out of it.  Not so sure about the layout of Zach and Tori’s with babies and I would keep the pool but fence it.

• Love 2
On 5/15/2019 at 8:02 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

I see what you mean about Zach and Tori planning to rip out the pool.  I know there is liability, but,  I think that I would keep it protected and not use it until I had settled in the house a while.  I suspect it's not going to be the place they really wanted. It may go back on the market before too long.   They make some odd decisions, imo.  Of course, maybe, since it's an above ground pool, it's in poor shape and not worth repairing.   

I wish Zach would actually get some guidance on dog training.  It doesn't appear that he even googled for some tips.

LOL Zack has come a long way in the most primary of anythings.  Zack slept on a mattress with no sheet.  He ate food in his room and never took leftovers, bottles, cans to the garbage.  Zack hardly finished high school and has never held a job even though Matt offered him the hotel step stool business he started.

Zack came to the marriage with a lot of money and a reality show.  That's pretty much his contribution. 

As far as home maintenance, dog training, home selling he's not there yet.  LOL

I shake my head every time I see that new home.  What were they ever thinking.  All those steps with dwarf people???  I shiver every time I think of Zack carrying Jackson or any new baby down all those steps with the dog racing behind him. 

I wonder if he or Tori asked for the opinion of their parents in their home buying.  We always took our parents to any home we thought of buying and asked their opinion which we valued.  We kind of figured they knew more than we did.  Kids are different these days.

Writing all of this I wonder if this was Tori's dream home and Zack did not want his being a dwarf to interfer with her dream.  I do think Tori is one of the best things that every happened to Zack.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I agree. And to add on to that not every person actually wants to commit to a marriage or marriage like relationship. I can believe Chris is perfectly content to never get married. (It’s just not socially acceptable to say that in a lot of circles- even for men.)

I don’t think that he’s “making it up” regarding being cheated on and being hurt (he’s human, of course that hurt) but that’s not why he isn’t interested in getting married. He just doesn’t want to!

I so agree.  I don't think Chris wants to be married either.  Some men and some women are just happy doing their own thing.  They might like dating and sex and traveling but don't want the stress and responsibilities of marriage.

I have one friend happy as can be single and another newly divorced that can't wait to marry again.

Just the way folks are. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/11/2019 at 6:01 PM, Fostersmom said:

It was one thing to have her walking home from school back in the day, it was the norm, but when your kid has a bleeding ulcer, maybe you need to be finding out why. 

<snip>

Ulcers are not caused by stress or anxiety:

"For many years, people thought ulcers were caused by stress or emotional causes. But, the American College of Gastroenterology say that these factors do not cause ulcers, nor do certain foods or diets. A special diet is not recommended for people with ulcers, but taking their medications as prescribed is key." 

Ulcer causes HERE

On 5/12/2019 at 5:38 PM, Honey said:

<snip>

The Paint and Sip was set up by Amy's friend Deb, after that Amy invited a bunch of people from the Paint and Sip to a pool party at the big house.  That's where she clicked with Chris and he invited her on a motorcycle ride.  She told Deb that she didn't even have a chance to speak to Chris at the Paint and Sip.  So if production arranged for her to meet Chris there, they probably would have at least spoken to each other.  If Amy was drop dead gorgeous would it be easier to believe theirs is a real relationship?  It's reasonable to me that Chris is not a shallow person, so was able to look past Amy's exterior to find the loving, caring person inside.  Also, I really think they'll end up getting married.  I also think Amy already knows what their future holds, but of course they wouldn't share that info with us.  I don't think Amy would still be with him unless he had made a commitment to her.

On 5/12/2019 at 10:30 PM, Honey said:

I've watched that episode a dozen times, and I must have missed it every time.  Even so, the rest of my statement still stands.  It's a little, no a lot insulting to Amy that no one believes this fairly attractive, successful, average height man could possibly fall in love with her.  There are literally hundreds of pics online of Amy and Chris together with friends, family, travelling, etc.  Most of them taken without TLC cameras around.  If he's just a hired actor, his dedication to the job is astounding.

Anyway, it's a fun debate and I respect everyone's opinion.  🙂

Thank you for this, especially the portions I've bolded.

As someone who is short-statured and who uses a manual wheelchair full time for mobility, I've had to deal with similar assumptions about my relationships my entire adult life 

For the record, every relationship I've had has been with average height, able bodied men. Yet women, especially, always seem to think I'm being taken advantage of (because I can't possibly be savvy enough to figure that out on my own, if true? Or maybe I'm so desperate I'm in denial?) It's as if they simply cannot believe a good looking, intelligent, interesting, kind man could possibly be interested in me, so if they are, they must be hiding something, or have nefarious motives. It is insulting and it's the reason why I no longer have many female friends. I got tired of dealing with their patronizing attitudes towards me and my relationships.

The other thing I've noticed is that so many able bodied folks (again, mostly women) seem to be uncomfortable with accepting those who are short statured and/or disabled as being sexual human beings. We are. Just like our average height, able bodied counterparts, many of us like to dress sexy, flirt, engage in PDA - and in private...have SEX. If someone feels uncomfortable at the sight of a dwarf woman and an average height man snuggling in a hot tub, ask yourself if you'd feel equally uncomfortable if instead, it was an average height couple. Chances are, you wouldn't.

On 5/11/2019 at 10:58 AM, AZChristian said:

I had a friend who was a paraplegic and confined to a wheelchair.  She was the sweetest person on earth . . . UNTIL . . . someone would move her wheelchair (while she was in it) without permission.  For example, if she was in a restaurant and someone wanted to get past her in an aisle, they would move her wheelchair with her in it.  Even if they said, "Excuse me" first, she would straighten them out big time that if she were in a regular chair, no one would move her out of the way, and the fact that her chair had wheels on it did not give them permission to treat her like a shopping cart left in the middle of an aisle in a grocery store.  She would say, "If you had asked me to move, I would have.  But YOU did not have permission to move me."

I think that's similar to what Amy might feel.

First, a bit of a quibble; people who use wheelchairs for mobility aren't "confined" to them. We don't sleep in them, bathe in them, have sex in them, etc. Speaking for myself only, even though I cannot walk, in an average day I spend less time in my wheelchair than out of it. I use my wheelchair to get from Point A to Point B. Then, I transfer into a chair, onto the sofa, onto a bed, into my car, etc.. So, a more accurate term is "wheelchair user" - not "confined to a wheelchair" or worse - "wheelchair bound".

To your point - touching a wheelchair without permission for any reason is a violation of personal space and bodily autonomy. For those who use a wheelchair exclusively for mobility, their wheelchair is part of their body. If one wouldn't grab someone by the shoulders from behind and start pushing them forward, or lean on someone, then one should never do that to a person who uses a wheelchair. Whether the individual is able bodied or a person who uses a wheelchair, if you touch someone without their permission, it's assault.  

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Useful 3
  • Love 16
17 minutes ago, TwirlyGirly said:

First, a bit of a quibble; people who use wheelchairs for mobility aren't "confined" to them. We don't sleep in them, bathe in them, have sex in them, etc. Speaking for myself only, even though I cannot walk, in an average day I spend less time in my wheelchair than out of it. I use my wheelchair to get from Point A to Point B. Then, I transfer into a chair, onto the sofa, onto a bed, into my car, etc.. So, a more accurate term is "wheelchair user" - not "confined to a wheelchair" or worse - "wheelchair bound".

To be honest, I'd never heard that the term "confined to a wheelchair" was thought of as offensive, and the last thing I would ever intentionally do to you, to my late friend, or to anyone else who uses a wheelchair is to be intentionally offensive.  Please accept my apologies.

• Love 7
(edited)

I also want to point out that not only has their relationship not been a very long one so far, it's also Amy's first relationship post her divorce and to be frank her first real dating relationship, judging by how her and Matt's "courtship" apparently went. If we're another year or two into it and Chris hasn't indicated he's all for it then I'd start to worry, but he's already said he's not opposed to it and I don't think how long they've been together is any kind of red flag yet. I don't have any reason to believe he's not telling the truth when he says he's not against getting married so until I see proof he's stringing her along about it I won't assume he is basically.

Edited by missnoa
  • Love 4
(edited)
15 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

To be honest, I'd never heard that the term "confined to a wheelchair" was thought of as offensive, and the last thing I would ever intentionally do to you, to my late friend, or to anyone else who uses a wheelchair is to be intentionally offensive.  Please accept my apologies.

No problem! 

It's that the phrase is inaccurate, and tends to feed into the many misconceptions some people have about people with disabilities. 

I have a 23 year old daughter. I've actually had people say to me "She's your biological daughter? But...how did you have sex when you're confined to a wheelchair?"

Uh...no. 😉

Edited by TwirlyGirly
  • Love 5
(edited)

I happen to feel that Amy is attractive, as is Zach.  Look. Some types of dwarfism distorts features, while others just make the person shorter.  It’s pretty tacky to make fun of people for physical features they don't control in my opinion.  Now blue hair, ear coins, tattoos/ make fun of all that as much as you want. Those are choices, not what a person is born with. This is why I don’t make fun of Audrey's large mouth- she was born with it. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Look. Some types of dwarfism distorts features, while others just make the person shorter.

I'm not a fan of Game of Thrones . . . but I think Peter Dinklage is one of the best looking people on it!!!

• Love 8
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I'm not a fan of Game of Thrones . . . but I think Peter Dinklage is one of the best looking people on it!!!

I feel the same way!  There's something about the way he carries himself that I find very appealing!

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, readheaded said:

Yes

images.jpg.7099499389cc8fc4eff62dd5c5bd7653.jpgnew-york-ny-peter-dinklage-and-wife-erica-schmidt-take-their-daughter-zelig-dinklage-and-the-family--i-october-31-201-to-license-these-photos-please-conta.thumb.jpg.6ac29de5991a0d0ac34d2c6b6962722f.jpg

If a wheelchair is not to be touched when a person is parked in it, then they have the responsibility to make sure it isn't blocking anyone's free access to public space I would think. Things go two ways, not one.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, winsomeone said:

If a wheelchair is not to be touched when a person is parked in it, then they have the responsibility to make sure it isn't blocking anyone's free access to public space I would think. Things go two ways, not one.

This is a good article that gives a real-life example of what people who use wheelchairs experience every day.  

And now I'll bow out of the conversation, as it's more appropriate in a "small talk" forum than a program thread.

• Love 3

Did anyone notice when Matt and Caryn were in one of their talking heads, Matt was talking about Caryn telling him when things weren't a good idea and he said something like, "She always gets her way."  That's the first time I've ever seen him be kind of snarky about her.  There's that saying that familiarity breeds contempt...  I also think that the more Amy stands up for herself, the more he'll try to make her a villain because his old ways to control and dominate her in order to get his way are simply not working.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

I happen to feel that Amy is attractive, as is Zach.  Look. Some types of dwarfism distorts features, while others just make the person shorter.  It’s pretty tacky to make fun of people for physical features they don't control in my opinion.  Now blue hair, ear coins, tattoos/ make fun of all that as much as you want. Those are choices, not what a person is born with. This is why I don’t make fun of Audrey's large mouth- she was born with it. 

Thank you.  I was struggling with people making fun of them for things like their body proportions, etc.  That's nothing they can control.  If you want to snark on someone for something they can control, perfectly fine.  But they can't help how they're proportioned.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, readheaded said:

Did anyone notice when Matt and Caryn were in one of their talking heads, Matt was talking about Caryn telling him when things weren't a good idea and he said something like, "She always gets her way."  That's the first time I've ever seen him be kind of snarky about her.  There's that saying that familiarity breeds contempt...  I also think that the more Amy stands up for herself, the more he'll try to make her a villain because his old ways to control and dominate her in order to get his way are simply not working.  

This is probably the first time in any relationship that Matt has had someone stand up to him. So he says that she gets her way. When really, it’s just not Matt’s way. I am intrigued as to how the Matt/Caryn relationship will work out because Caryn comes across as a passive-aggressive narcissist. Two peas in a pod, maybe?

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Replied in Small Talk topic.

On 5/17/2019 at 9:20 AM, AZChristian said:

This is a good article that gives a real-life example of what people who use wheelchairs experience every day.  

And now I'll bow out of the conversation, as it's more appropriate in a "small talk" forum than a program thread.

Replied to in Small Talk topic.

(edited)

I am slowly watching season 19 and I am only in the second episode. I have gotten to the point where I find Amy extremely annoying  and Zach is also getting on my last nerve. He is gotten just like his mother. Sniping about everything if it’s not his idea.  Maybe he’s getting annoying because Jeremy is not around so Zach no longer looks like the good guy to Jeremy’s arrogance.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Replied to in Small Talk topic.

I hope this isn't inappropriate to ask but does your username have something to do with your wheelchair?

I only ask because I always assumed your username had something to do with baton twirling.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Joan of Argh said:

I hope this isn't inappropriate to ask but does your username have something to do with your wheelchair?

I only ask because I always assumed your username had something to do with baton twirling.

Not at all!

I first got internet access in 1996, and was stymied with choosing a username.

A good friend of mine found a website at which one could make a virtual ice cream sundae using a vast selection of ice cream flavors and toppings, then name it and email it to a friend.

She created a HUGE ice cream sundae, named it "The Twirly Girly", and sent it to me. It was the first email I ever received.

As soon as I got it and saw the name, I fell in love with it and immediately called her to ask if she minded if I used "Twirly Girly" as my username on the 'net. She loved the idea, too, as she thought the name suited me.

So that's the username I've used since 1996. It's also my email address, my license plate (TWIRLY), and...I have Twirly Girly tattooed on the nape of my neck!

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
On 5/16/2019 at 10:15 PM, TwirlyGirly said:

No problem! 

It's that the phrase is inaccurate, and tends to feed into the many misconceptions some people have about people with disabilities. 

I have a 23 year old daughter. I've actually had people say to me "She's your biological daughter? But...how did you have sex when you're confined to a wheelchair?"

Uh...no. 😉

Now see, I would be tempted to tell them that we did it right in the wheelchair.  😉  People can be so clueless.

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Not at all!

A good friend of mine found a website at which one could make a virtual ice cream sundae using a vast selection of ice cream flavors and toppings, then name it and email it to a friend.

She created a HUGE ice cream sundae, named it "The Twirly Girly", and sent it to me. It was the first email I ever received.

As soon as I got it and saw the name, I fell in love with it and immediately called her to ask if she minded if I used "Twirly Girly" as my username on the 'net. She loved the idea, too, as she thought the name suited me.

So that's the username I've used since 1996. It's also my email address, my license plate (TWIRLY), and...I have Twirly Girly tattooed on the nape of my neck!

I'm glad someone asked about your user name . . . with our discussions about wheelchairs the past couple of days, I was wondering if you were in the "Waterloo" scene of the second Mamma Mia movie.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

I'm glad someone asked about your user name . . . with our discussions about wheelchairs the past couple of days, I was wondering if you were in the "Waterloo" scene of the second Mamma Mia movie.

Nope! But I always wished Bette Midler would ring me up and offer me a spot in THIS number!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Not at all!

Cute story, thanks for answering... Your friend chose a great name... Love it. ❤

• Love 1
On 5/15/2019 at 11:00 AM, Whyyouneedaname said:

As far as the house, who in their right mind would want something that even an average size healthy person would have a hard time navigating all the time.....

The passageways seemed narrow and the master bedroom was tiny — looked like little room for anything beside the bed.   Maybe that is the thing now, lots of tiny rooms.

• Love 1
On 5/15/2019 at 11:17 AM, Dmarie019 said:

There is no way Zach had any say in getting that puppy. I like Tori but I'm sure she wore him down until he said ok or she went and bought it and said "surprise! we have to go pick up a puppy on [date]"

I thought there was some kind of blackmail going on where Tori was saying no second child (and maybe no sex) until they got a puppy.

• Love 5
On 5/16/2019 at 12:34 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

In July he is getting married for the first time. He is 65. Never say never. 

I think when people tell you who they are, believe them.  Back in my dating years I would be upfront about not wanting marriage.  No one believed me.  My dates always thought I was doing Jedi mind tricks or something.  I finally found a person who not only believed me but felt the same way and we are still together and life is fantastic.

19 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I can do you one better - late 80s.  I took a new management course sponsored by GM in communication and it was email.  It seemed crazy!  We all chose our email up to the @ and were encouraged to not use any part of our names.  The problem was that hardly anyone you knew had email. 😀  Fast forward till this year and that original email was just closed down.  I have used my moniker for gaming and still do.

22 hours ago, Kid said:

I am slowly watching season 19 and I am only in the second episode. I have gotten to the point where I find Amy extremely annoying  and Zach is also getting on my last nerve. He is gotten just like his mother. Sniping about everything if it’s not his idea.  Maybe he’s getting annoying because Jeremy is not around so Zach no longer looks like the good guy to Jeremy’s arrogance.

Good point!

On 5/16/2019 at 7:07 PM, Jeanne222 said:

We always took our parents to any home we thought of buying and asked their opinion which we valued. 

Hell yes!  How can they even think that's a good idea?  You should learn and do things differently for the better not the worse.  I now know to not have a bedroom window that faces the rising sun; not have doorwalls that face prevailing winds; make sure to have a guest bathroom FOR GUESTS.

• Love 3
(edited)

In the promos for Season 19, episode three, Amy makes a comment she likes getting off the farm so she doesn’t have to think about decisions. I don’t know what her problem is. She hasn’t made decision in years. She is driving me nuts with the indecisiveness and the passive aggressiveness.  I don’t know how Matt tolerated it as long as he did. He started out being the black hat with me but I have done a complete turnaround on that issue

And if I were Tori, I would keep the puppy and get rid of Zack. At least the puppy will add value. All he does is whine. Whine about the puppy, whine about the house not selling.  He is lazy.  She does all the work and he does the whining.

He should’ve asked his mother what to do prior to buying a house before selling the one he has. Since she can’t make a decision, if he had asked her what to do, he wouldn’t be in this mess because she would still be droning on about whether he should or should not!!

Edited by Kid
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, jumper sage said:

I think when people tell you who they are, believe them.  Back in my dating years I would be upfront about not wanting marriage.  No one believed me.  My dates always thought I was doing Jedi mind tricks or something.  I finally found a person who not only believed me but felt the same way and we are still together and life is fantastic.

I am glad that you found someone who shares your beliefs! I had never planned on getting married, either. Not only did dates not believe me, but several boyfriends didn't either. Two proposed, the last boyfriend before my husband proposed at least once a year for the 5 years we were together. Several things happened to make me change my mind on marriage, so sometimes who you are changes, which can change your beliefs. 

One thing I never changed my mind on was not wanting kids, which also contributed to not feeling the need to get married. I have many friends who married more because they wanted kids than marriage. Of course you can do one without the other - my hubby has two kids with his ex but they never married. It was not wanting kids that totally threw many people, and many told me I would either change my mind or regret my decision. I am almost 62 and haven't regretted that decision for even a second. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Kid said:

In the promos for Season 19, episode three, Amy makes a comment she likes getting off the farm so she doesn’t have to think about decisions. I don’t know what her problem is. She hasn’t made decision in years. She is driving me nuts with the indecisiveness and the passive aggressiveness.  I don’t know how Matt tolerated it as long as he did. He started out being the black hat with me but I have done a complete turnaround on that issue

I love that Amy is keeping Matt guessing. And lets face it, Matt is trying to come off as the good guy, by letting Amy decide. But he is really being passive aggressive, by making Amy make the decision. I agree with Amy that though Matt says he can work with anything, it is just talk. There is no reason that he can't be the person to decide, but then he wouldn't be able to whine non stop about Amy which appears to be his full time job these days. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I love that Amy is keeping Matt guessing. And lets face it, Matt is trying to come off as the good guy, by letting Amy decide.

How is Matt coming off as the good guy?  He looks and sounds like a lunatic.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I love that Amy is keeping Matt guessing. And lets face it, Matt is trying to come off as the good guy, by letting Amy decide. But he is really being passive aggressive, by making Amy make the decision. I agree with Amy that though Matt says he can work with anything, it is just talk. There is no reason that he can't be the person to decide, but then he wouldn't be able to whine non stop about Amy which appears to be his full time job these days. 

Didn't Amy say that Matt hasn't even presented her with an offer?  How on earth is she supposed to make any decisions if he hasn't given her the data she needs to decide or counter-offer?  I think she even said that without an offer, it's all just Matt talking.  (I could be remembering wrong, though-I can hardly remember what I said, much less what I saw on TV, lol).

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, jumper sage said:

How is Matt coming off as the good guy?  He looks and sounds like a lunatic.

I didn't say that Matt was coming off as the good guy. I said that Matt is trying to come off as the good guy. Two very different things. Matt thinks that if he continually says that he will do whatever Amy wants, he looks like he is being conciliatory, and that Amy is a ditherer who can't make up her mind. He played the long suffering husband to the hilt for years, and now he is playing the long suffering ex. As readheaded pointed out, Matt hasn't made any kind of an offer. Apparently Amy is supposed to jump at any "offer" Matt makes, without any figures to make an informed decision. Matt does look and sound like a lunatic - to anyone other than Matt and Caryn. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I didn't say that Matt was coming off as the good guy. I said that Matt is trying to come off as the good guy. Two very different things. Matt thinks that if he continually says that he will do whatever Amy wants, he looks like he is being conciliatory, and that Amy is a ditherer who can't make up her mind. He played the long suffering husband to the hilt for years, and now he is playing the long suffering ex. As readheaded pointed out, Matt hasn't made any kind of an offer. Apparently Amy is supposed to jump at any "offer" Matt makes, without any figures to make an informed decision. Matt does look and sound like a lunatic - to anyone other than Matt and Caryn. 

I agree - I think that's what he's doing. Waiting until Amy says "ok I want a buyout" and then give her an extremely low offer while she's in the mindset of leaving the farm so that maybe she'll take the bait easier. 

What she needs to do is tell Matt that in the event she wants the buyout, what does he plan to give her. She can't make a decision without knowing those numbers. 

I imagine even with the nuclear option either one of them can drag their feet on the listing amount because they'd have to agree how much to sell the farm for, right? 

• Love 6

I don't understand why Amy and/or Matt just don't get a specialized (real estate) attorney to hash all this out.   Let Matt make her an offer or vice-versa and then go to your respective attorney and make sure your not getting screwed.  I know it will cost them money to do that - but they have the money.   This is ridiculous. 

• Love 15
13 hours ago, MissT said:

I don't understand why Amy and/or Matt just don't get a specialized (real estate) attorney to hash all this out.   Let Matt make her an offer or vice-versa and then go to your respective attorney and make sure your not getting screwed.  I know it will cost them money to do that - but they have the money.   This is ridiculous. 

Then we wouldn't have a show.  It is the running theme this season.  Stop making sense. 🤣

@UsernameFatigue - touche!

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

So, Chris is getting pissed off at Amy for the same reasons that Matt used to get pissed off at Amy.  Common denominator is Amy.  I find it interesting that she would pick another man with a type A personality.  

• Love 10