Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Small World, Big Lives

Message added by Mod-LunarJester,

Culture Check: How can the tropes and stereotypes we apply to TV personalities impact our fellow posters, and how do we remain mindful of these effects while discussing them? Please review for more on stereotypes and tropes.

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Culture Check: How can we express our opinions and consider the effect our assumptions may have on the people around us? What impact might speculation have on others, especially when we speculate about children or complex issues like neurodiversity?

• Start Topic

On 4/24/2019 at 11:38 PM, Rap541 said:

But this is exactly what Matt wanted her to do and was expecting. He changed his mind after the divorce and spent a LOT of time telling us all how unfairly he was treated and also spent a lot of time trying to get Amy to agree to renegotiate so that he could have the big house. He made out like Amy was a vicious monster shrew, forcing him to live in the double wide that *just wasn't built for him!*. He repeatedly mentioned how he was in constant pain because he was forced to live in the DW and the big house would relieve his agony but meany pants Amy  was forcing him to stay to where he couldn't make any decision at all except to be in miserable pain because he wasn't in the big house that was especially designed just for his needs. 

He was openly advocating that they switch houses two seasons ago and Amy was declared a selfish bitch witch for not granting the little prick his every desire. 

Now she's offering it and now he's pleased as fucking punch with the double wide. Well, folks, I better never hear that prick EVER say he wants the big house again. I'm holding him to the same standard Amy is held to. Matt said he was happy with the DW - He SAID IT AND IT IS SO and if he ever changes his mind, he's an asshole liar. 

Matt said he was happy living in the double wide when he was offered the switch. Problem solved, don't you think?

Thank you.  He said over and over that Amy should leave the big house, and now that she all for it, all of a sudden she's a selfish bitch.  You can't win with him.  He's a fucking asshole.

• Love 23
15 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Chris being sexy with Amy. I don't even have the imagination for that. 

It's a whole lot better than imagining Matt with Caryn.  Matt is probably as much of a selfish asshole in bed as he is out.  You wanted him Caryn, and you got him.  Have fun!

Edited by Honey
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, Honey said:

It's a whole lot better than imagining Matt with Caryn.  Matt is probably as much of a selfish asshole in bed as he is out.  You wanted him Caryn, and you got him.  Have fun!

Or Caryn could be the selfish asshole in in bed -which Matt may find as a turn on after all of these years... His body just might really be in pain after she's done with him .. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Honey said:

He hounded her, and hounded her make a decision and when she finally expresses a solution that might work for her, he told her that she was being selfish.  It's not possible to make Matt Roloff happy unless you do exactly as he wants.  I don't blame her for delaying a decision for so long, after 29 years with him, she knew what would happen when she finally told him what she wanted.

This really deserves being repeated. Because this is Matt being emotionally abusive and is exactly why Amy has self confidence issues. This is what Matt has spent their marriage doing. Demanding her choice or idea and then deriding her. If the idea comes from Amy, then it's wrong and Matt rubs her face in feces over it. The reality is that Matt has whined for three years that he wants the big house - the second he's offered it, he doesn't want it. 

Because *Amy* suggested it. 

Matt loves any situation where he gets to portray himself as a victim. Hence his ongoing whining that he's trapped on the farm. Guess what? He's not. He owns his little AZ love nest and he brags how he can pull the trigger on selling the farm any time he wants (he's threatened Amy with that twice this season already). He could be free - and instead he's playing victim to the cameras and is just in his glory as the object of the public's pity.

• Love 13
22 hours ago, sATL said:

Is Murphy considered a high demand breed ?

Meaning - lets say Tori sought out a breeder who knew when Murphy would be ready to go to its new home. Which follows Tori had a set timeframe to get him , otherwise the breeder would call the next person on the waiting list. Zach and Tori hoped to be in their new home quickly but it didn't turn out that way, so in comes Murphy sooner.

I think considering they traveling many hours... that it was a "I want a puppy, let's see who has one available soon or right now" type of situation.  Unless breeders just aren't common in that area. But I feel like since the live near Portland that a pure bred whatever dog that is wouldn't be that hard to find closer to them if they put dibs on a puppy before it was born. 

31 minutes ago, Dmarie019 said:

I think considering they traveling many hours... that it was a "I want a puppy, let's see who has one available soon or right now" type of situation.  Unless breeders just aren't common in that area. But I feel like since the live near Portland that a pure bred whatever dog that is wouldn't be that hard to find closer to them if they put dibs on a puppy before it was born. 

I live near Baltimore and have known several people who've had to "schedule" getting their puppies from breeders way in advance, often from hours away, especially if it's a "rarer" breed.  I wouldn't know about Portland, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, readheaded said:

I live near Baltimore and have known several people who've had to "schedule" getting their puppies from breeders way in advance, often from hours away, especially if it's a "rarer" breed.  I wouldn't know about Portland, though.

I have a friend who does it with her great dane puppies too but the breeder is about 1.5 hours away. I'm in Iowa, so maybe we have a breeder problem here (i know we have a puppy mill problem) so I think it's easy to get any breed within a couple hours. 

so i could be totally way off base with how it is out there. 

Do we know how she got her first dog? I wonder if it was the same breeder. 

The thing is, they were trying desperately to sell the house.  It would be advantageous for them to have NOT adopted a dog until moving into the new house.  Seems stupid to bring a dog in to a home that is on the market.  And then she went on complaining that she was upset people wanted to view the house when Jackson was sleeping.  No wonder they took so long to sell, you gotta be able to show a house when a buyer is interested, not wait until it's convenient for the seller.

• Love 9
On 4/25/2019 at 11:24 AM, UsernameFatigue said:

I like Zach and Tori, and am thrilled that they now have Murphy, both for Jackson and for me as a viewer. What a cutie!

What I don't understand is why their realtor didn't insist that they clean out that garage! It just screams "This house has no storage, and this is what your garage will look like too". All that junk, had they insisted on keeping it, could have been tossed into a storage unit. In addition, I can't believe that at least one of them didn't realize how a garage looking like a home where junk goes to die, would look. 

I had to laugh at Matt complaining about Amy painting her cabinets white, when he painted his a horrendous yellow and orange combo. How did Amy stay married to this bozo for as long as she did? She really should thank Caryn for taking him off her hands. 

Are you saying that Matt painted cabinets in the DW yellow and orange? 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Are you saying that Matt painted cabinets in the DW yellow and orange? 

He had a contractor come in and paint them and most of the rest of the place when they divorced.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
10 minutes ago, readheaded said:

He had a contractor come in and paint them and most of the rest of the place when they divorced.

Oh, I see.  I suppose that he was trying to get rid of the look some of the cabinets in DW's have.  Nothing against them, it's just some of that wood is really not attractive.   Although, I would think something more of a white, grey, etc. might have been easier on the eye. lol  I actually prefer white kitchen cabinets and I would probably paint over nice wood cabinets if given the choice.  I know that most people who appreciate nice wood consider that desecration, but, to me, if I don't like dark wood, it's either paint them or replace them and replacing is too pricey.  

I feel the same about red brick.  I just don't like it.  I would paint over it for sure. I don't care about how some think it maintains character, etc.  If I were going to live in it, I would not keep red brick.  JMO.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I actually prefer white kitchen cabinets and I would probably paint over nice wood cabinets if given the choice.  I know that most people who appreciate nice wood consider that desecration, but, to me, if I don't like dark wood, it's either paint them or replace them and replacing is too pricey.  

I feel the same about red brick.  I just don't like it.  I would paint over it for sure. I don't care about how some think it maintains character, etc.  If I were going to live in it, I would not keep red brick.  JMO.  

Well, you're just a monster, Sunny. 😅

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, SongbirdHollow said:

Well, you're just a monster, Sunny. 😅

That's funny!  You know people really do get upset about that kind of thing.  I watch a lot of home renovation shows. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Oh, I see.  I suppose that he was trying to get rid of the look some of the cabinets in DW's have.  Nothing against them, it's just some of that wood is really not attractive.   Although, I would think something more of a white, grey, etc. might have been easier on the eye. lol  I actually prefer white kitchen cabinets and I would probably paint over nice wood cabinets if given the choice.  I know that most people who appreciate nice wood consider that desecration, but, to me, if I don't like dark wood, it's either paint them or replace them and replacing is too pricey.  

I'm with you and all the other monsters who paint wood cabinets white.

I've also painted wood furniture white and other colors, love it.

And I'm also in agreement with you on the red brick, hate it.  👍

• Love 2

So much snark, so little time.

I don't dislike Chris, but his petulance in this episode was tiresome. And, my God, Amy, please like him a little less. Just a tiny bit less. I agree with the commenter upthread who surmised that if Chris suggested moving to another state, Amy would have her bags packed immediately. She is a little too all about him for my taste.

And Matt ... sigh. I didn't think it was possible to like him any less, but he is such a selfish, insufferable asswipe. He has bitched for how long now about the DW? And now he wants it because Caryn is more comfortable there, no doubt. 

And what is Caryn's deal, seriously? There wouldn't be enough money in the world to make me even entertain the possibility of involving myself with such a hateful, spoiled son of a bitch.

Speaking of sons, I'd be curious to know what Matt's parents think of his antics. In the older episodes, they were shown as being pretty religious and conservative. Wonder how they justify Matt's having f*cked the help.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Literata said:

So much snark, so little time.

I don't dislike Chris, but his petulance in this episode was tiresome. And, my God, Amy, please like him a little less. Just a tiny bit less. I agree with the commenter upthread who surmised that if Chris suggested moving to another state, Amy would have her bags packed immediately. She is a little too all about him for my taste.

Now I wonder what advice did Amy give Molly when she was dating. Amy should know better about being "all in" a little too soon.

The way Chris carried on about her not leaving a key out- would have been a deal breaker for me. Grown ass man acting up b/c  key wasn't under a door mat. I didn't care for his tone nor his attitude.  He couldn't go somewhere/anywhere until they reached each other? You're on vacation, , for pete's sake.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, sATL said:

The way Chris carried on about her not leaving a key out- would have been a deal breaker for me. Grown ass man acting up b/c  key wasn't under a door mat. I didn't care for his tone nor his attitude.  He couldn't go somewhere/anywhere until they reached each other? You're on vacation, , for pete's sake

Oh, I can understand some anger on this. You're heading to a fun weekend, you make it pretty clear when you're arriving and when you get there, no one is there and no one is answering their phone and no one left a key to where you have to cool your heels somewhere else until your date finally recalls that you might be waiting. I mean, it is rude. 

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Oh, I can understand some anger on this. You're heading to a fun weekend, you make it pretty clear when you're arriving and when you get there, no one is there and no one is answering their phone and no one left a key to where you have to cool your heels somewhere else until your date finally recalls that you might be waiting. I mean, it is rude. 

The only thing that shocked me was that Amy wasn't there with keys in hand and a drink ready for him lol

I mean she's so over the moon about him I couldn't believe she actually forgot all about him and carried on with her day.

I hate driving somewhere and then having to sit around waiting for someone who forgot the plan, I want to freshen up and relax not walk around trying to call someone and figure out what the heck is going on.

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Rap541 said:

Yup.  I don't even think he was as angry at her not leaving the key as he was about her attitude afterwards.  She tried to laugh it off, and didn't seem to understand why he was upset.  Anyway, I think the editors did some magic in making it appear that he was angrier than he really was.  In the little scene where Amy brought him the glass of beer, right as the camera cut away, you could see them both laughing together.  I am of the mind that he handled himself much better than the editors would like us to believe.  A petulant child makes for better TV than a mature adult. In fact, I could totally believe that the forgotten key was all just show shenanigans.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

The only thing that shocked me was that Amy wasn't there with keys in hand and a drink ready for him lol

I mean she's so over the moon about him I couldn't believe she actually forgot all about him and carried on with her day.

I hate driving somewhere and then having to sit around waiting for someone who forgot the plan, I want to freshen up and relax not walk around trying to call someone and figure out what the heck is going on.

I am surprised too that Amy would just forget to leave the key.  That's another reason why I think it may have all been producer shenanigans.  In fact, in the last 3 vacation homes I have stayed in, they've all had key codes for the door, and not actual keys.  When you make your payment, you're e-mailed a key code for the door.

Chris said that he went and grabbed some lunch while he was waiting.  So, he wasn't just standing around, tapping his foot.  🙂

Edited by Honey
  • Love 4

He’s just a piece of work. It wouldn’t be fair to Karen( don’t care how she spells it) 

the woman you were screwing around with on Amy doesn’t want that house why ? her takeover would be complete. What the two of them did dictated what happened in Amy's life.   Matt wanted out felt guilty so signed a 50/50 now time has passed and he wants her out of his site and the whole enchilada . He doesn’t want to pull in to the property to see her and Chris and friends frolicking in the pool. She’s selfish? That’s rich.  He was so resentful that he had to live in DW and went looking for buildable property to build a house that he was worthy of. It makes sense to switch land parcels as stated everything he’s involved in is part of the front. He hid so much from her didn’t consult her so I hope she has a savvy lawyer. 

I am for a wall in a case like this because the side piece doesn’t want to run into the lovers ex in the piggly wiggly. 

Maybe Kody Brown  and Matt could run for president on the same ticket. 

Edited by athousandclowns
Missing
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

I don’t know about Cody Brown’s skeletons, but Matt Roloff couldn’t get elected dog catcher with his past.  Between the DUIs and the well known affair, he would be better off retiring quietly so that people who are just meeting him can think he is the jovial, children’s book writing grandpa he portrays on TV.

Edited by HighlandWarriorGrl
Spell
  • Love 6

I agree Chris was being childish with not letting it go about the arrival debacle!  Amy was with her friends drinking and partying it up when someone mentioned the time and she quipped something like oh well so we are running late...she might have forgotten the key but was sure just fine with leaving Chris waiting.  At least that is what I recall.  The sight of the two of them sliding all over each other in the hot tub getting horned up was TMI for me!! LOL

• Love 2

The only thing that I recall on the show was when Matt was acquitted of DWI.   And, Amy's never accused Caryn or Matt of infidelity on the show. 

Spoiler

And, she didn't mention it in her lawsuit for divorce and never filed any kind of action alleging adultery or wrongdoing regarding fidelity with Matt or Caryn. 

• Love 6

Adultery isn't usually mentioned in divorce filings these days.  People used to need "grounds" for filing for divorce.  Today that's normally been replaced by terms like irreconcilable differences.  

• Love 2

In fairness, if we have to wait for it to be said on the show, then sure, Matt is a prince who never cheated.

How about instead, we talk about how unprofessional it is to date your employees? I am NOT saying he cheated but I will point out that he dated someone whose paycheck he controlled and his other employees had to deal with Matt's lover also being their boss. Who do they go to when they have s problem with Caryn? Matt? Caryn's boyfriend? 

Its sleazy as hell to date your employees.

• Love 11

We do know from the show that Caryn was the only one besides Matt who had a key to his office and Amy has made slightly oblique comments that indicate she knew something was going on.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

We do know from the show that Caryn was the only one besides Matt who had a key to his office and Amy has made slightly oblique comments that indicate she knew something was going on.

There was a woman who used to work Pumpkin Season who was really not nice to the kids.  Was that Caryn?  I'm trying to recall.....  It really ticked Amy off.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

I am in Season 17 (catching up as I am a late comer)  in the episode prior to Tori giving birth to her son. Zack has been having health problems and had gotten really sick in the car with Jeremy and Audrey. They had to take him to the doctor after Tori called the doctor.  Audrey did not seem all that concerned about him which I found very odd. Her only comments were about how Tori was going to have to take care of him and the baby. Which is a concern, of course. But, in the immediate situation,  the concern should’ve been about Zack and the condition it that he was in at that moment.  Again, I thought her reaction very odd.

Edited by Kid
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, Kid said:

I am in Season 17 (catching up as I am a late comer)  in the episode prior to Tori giving birth to her son. Zack has been having health problems and had gotten really sick in the car with Jeremy and Audrey. They had to take him to the doctor after Tori called the doctor.  Audrey did not seem all that concerned about him which I found very odd. Her only comments were about how Tori was going to have to take care of him and the baby. Which is a concern, of course. But, in the immediate situation,  the concern should’ve been about Zack and the condition it that he was in at that moment.  Again, I thought her reaction very odd.

I find her to be almost detached and wooden, especially if the situation isn't about her or Jeremy.  She doesn't even seem to be very animated about her child, except in staged photos.  I think that's one of the reasons why I have a hard time buying her as a "self-help" author because she doesn't really seem to care about other people too much.

• Love 16
On 4/29/2019 at 11:06 AM, Absolom said:

Adultery isn't usually mentioned in divorce filings these days.  People used to need "grounds" for filing for divorce.  Today that's normally been replaced by terms like irreconcilable differences.  

It may no longer be a requirement to get an absolute dissolution or alimony, but, hurt and angry spouses do still allege it sometimes, to garner favor with the court.  And, it can be a factor in property distribution and alimony in some jurisdictions. 

Conversely in some states it isn't allowed to be brought up because it's considered a non-factor.  That's why they call it no fault divorce or irreconcilable differences.  Some problem (infidelity included) is presumed to have occurred.  Throwing dirt can backfire as the judge can see that person as vindictive.  I have a relative practicing family law who says it is rarely a good approach to bring it up unless it's a very unusual situation which Amy/Matt really isn't.  Theirs is fairly classic.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 2

From what I've seen on the show, Matt and Amy did a good job getting the basic property settled, but, came up very short on the details for the future.  (Thus we see the continued state of uncertainty)  AND, when it comes to the vindictiveness, I think Amy's holding her own on that part.  lol  For all of Amy's charm, and I do think she can be charming, I still believe that she harbors resentment that she is no longer able to be the vitriolic wife.

I think she enjoyed playing that role in that marriage and that her real resentment is that she no longer has that power. That's why the power she holds with the farm division is so special to her.

I do think that Amy carried some of that negative energy from her upbringing.  Do any of you recall her parents come to the farm for a visit? Do you recall how critical her father was?  It was shocking.  I felt sad for a child who had to grow up in that kind of environment. I'm putting this in spoilers, because, I'm not sure if Chris said last week or if it's said in a preview. 

Spoiler

Chris was talking about visiting with Amy at her parent's house and he commented that her FATHER was NOT very friendly.  He's been that way for a while.  It must certainly impacted Amy.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

From what I've seen on the show, Matt and Amy did a good job getting the basic property settled, but, came up very short on the details for the future.  (Thus we see the continued state of uncertainty)  AND, when it comes to the vindictiveness, I think Amy's holding her own on that part.  lol  For all of Amy's charm, and I do think she can be charming, I still believe that she harbors resentment that she is no longer able to be the vitriolic wife.

I think she enjoyed playing that role in that marriage and that her real resentment is that she no longer has that power. That's why the power she holds with the farm division is so special to her.

I do think that Amy carried some of that negative energy from her upbringing.  Do any of you recall her parents come to the farm for a visit? Do you recall how critical her father was?  It was shocking.  I felt sad for a child who had to grow up in that kind of environment. I'm putting this in spoilers, because, I'm not sure if Chris said last week or if it's said in a preview. 

Hide contents

Chris was talking about visiting with Amy at her parent's house and he commented that her FATHER was NOT very friendly.  He's been that way for a while.  It must certainly impacted Amy.  

I do remember when her father visited and criticized stuff on the farm. He acted very sour. To me, Amy looks like him. He turned 90 this past year.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 4/27/2019 at 12:20 PM, athousandclowns said:

He’s just a piece of work. It wouldn’t be fair to Karen( don’t care how she spells it) 

the woman you were screwing around with on Amy doesn’t want that house why ? her takeover would be complete. What the two of them did dictated what happened in Amy's life.   Matt wanted out felt guilty so signed a 50/50 now time has passed and he wants her out of his site and the whole enchilada . He doesn’t want to pull in to the property to see her and Chris and friends frolicking in the pool. She’s selfish? That’s rich.  He was so resentful that he had to live in DW and went looking for buildable property to build a house that he was worthy of. It makes sense to switch land parcels as stated everything he’s involved in is part of the front. He hid so much from her didn’t consult her so I hope she has a savvy lawyer. 

I am for a wall in a case like this because the side piece doesn’t want to run into the lovers ex in the piggly wiggly. 

Maybe Kody Brown  and Matt could run for president on the same ticket. 

Caryn wouldn't want the big farm house because it is completely built to Matt's "little" specifications. She'd be stooping over any time she worked in that kitchen, for example.

On the other hand, Matt wanting OUT of the "dw" was such a theme for quite a while. What is going on? Changes of heart? Producer shenanigans? Stay Tuned!*

*Actually, I think that's the whole idea, don't you?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, babyhouseman said:

I do remember when her father visited and criticized stuff on the farm. He acted very sour.

I remember an episode many years ago when the kids were young and Amy's family was coming to visit (don't remember if it was for Thanksgiving) and they were setting up all these long tables.  I thought, I bet her parents are warm lovely people.  Boy was I wrong, her father was a jerk!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

I thought Jeremy and Auj weren’t going to be on this season? Also, why are they in the ‘final’ opening shot?

I kind of asked this last week but am phrasing it differently:  Is there anything in their divorce papers that requires Matt to give his land to Amy just bc she wants it? Like, is he at all legally obligated to? 

Edited by woodscommaelle

Zach is a really likeable guy, but it seems pretty apparent that he had few responsibilities when he was growing up. From cooking  a simple meal to packing up for the move, he seems clueless. Amy must have done everything for him. 

It was pretty telling when Tori got Murphy, she commented that she now has three (Zach, Jackson, and now the pup) depending on her. I think she wears the pants in the family, not because she wants to, but because she feels she has to. Having said that, I'm not joining Zach and Tori's pity party about how exhausted they are when their only 'job' consists of playing withJackson and teaching Murphy to walk on a leash.

• LOL 2
  • Love 16

I call producer shenanigans on the move. There is no way that truck held a household full of furniture. My guess is that there were movers hired to move most of the stuff, and the rest was staged for Zach and friends/Chris/Jeremy to move enough to fill up the moving truck. It wasn't even packed well - there was lots of wasted space. 

Personally, i have never moved without hiring movers. It isn't that expensive and saves a lot of work and headaches. Worth every penny.

I am continuing to adore Murphy - what a cutie. I laughed at Zach saying that he didn't know at the moment what two snaps of the fingers meant, but it would mean something. And Tori telling him Murphy comes to her because she doesn't snap her fingers. Smart lady, that Tori.

Caryn must really love Matt, because if someone I was dating bought the property that Matt bought I would head for the hills. I was expecting the music from Deliverance to start playing. 

I don't know if this show has ever made me tear up (oh ya, I did when Sully died) but I did at the end when Amy talked about her childhood. I am so happy that she is in a great place in her life now, and especially that she is rid of (at least relationship wise) Matt. I think he is as big of a bully as those she put up with growing up. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

I thought Jeremy and Auj weren’t going to be on this season? Also, why are they in the ‘final’ opening shot?

I kind of asked this last week but am phrasing it differently:  Is there anything in their divorce papers that requires Matt to give his land to Amy just bc she wants it? Like, is he at all legally obligated to? 

There is a copy of their divorce/ property division order over on the Divorce thread. The thing is they equally own most of the marital property.  If someone recalls the exact term thst Matt used last week when discussing the division, please chime in, but, I think he referenced a petetion for a Partition of the property or forced sale. Even if it's an option, it has some drawbacks.

• Useful 1

After seeing more of Zach & Tori’s house tonight, I agree with Chris that they made a surprising choice buying a multi-level home like that. I think he said something to that effect. As a mom, baby gates or not, I’d be freaked out raising littles in a house like that. I can tell they weren’t finished installing the stair railing, but yikes. And I didn’t realize it was so big with 5 bedrooms + an office.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

I call producer shenanigans on the move. There is no way that truck held a household full of furniture. My guess is that there were movers hired to move most of the stuff, and the rest was staged for Zach and friends/Chris/Jeremy to move enough to fill up the moving truck. It wasn't even packed well - there was lots of wasted space. 

Personally, i have never moved without hiring movers. It isn't that expensive and saves a lot of work and headaches. Worth every penny.

I am continuing to adore Murphy - what a cutie. I laughed at Zach saying that he didn't know at the moment what two snaps of the fingers meant, but it would mean something. And Tori telling him Murphy comes to her because she doesn't snap her fingers. Smart lady, that Tori.

Caryn must really love Matt, because if someone I was dating bought the property that Matt bought I would head for the hills. I was expecting the music from Deliverance to start playing. 

I don't know if this show has ever made me tear up (oh ya, I did when Sully died) but I did at the end when Amy talked about her childhood. I am so happy that she is in a great place in her life now, and especially that she is rid of (at least relationship wise) Matt. I think he is as big of a bully as those she put up with growing up. 

Getting friends to help you move when you're quite young is one thing, bUT once you're grown, you really do need to hire professionals. If a friend hurts their back and can't work for a few weeks, it would make you feel awful. Plus, to me it's a imposition. I think those guys did do a lot of work. Chris's shirt was wringing wet. Lol

• Love 11
1 hour ago, BusyOctober said:

watching Zach and Tori’s “moving day” shit show gave me such anxiety and feelings of sheer rage.  How un-fucking-organized can those two idiots be?  If I were Chris, I would have turned right around when I saw how NOT ready to move they were.  I know in the end, it all got done, but Christ on a cracker, don’t they realize they made a stressful situation even worse?  Who doesn’t empty out drawers or disconnect TVs or clear closets/cabinets BEFORE the moving truck rolls up the driveway?   And how in the world did they ever think the old house would sell with the 2 car garage chock a block full of their piles of crap?

At the end when they were all moved in, did anyone catch Zach saying they’d be in that home for “20 years”, until they retire? RETIRE?!?  From doing what exactly? 

I need to go take a Xanax to stop my OCD twitching before I even attempt to sleep after that cluster. 

It's going to take them 20 years to find all their stuff Zack dumped in those boxes!

18 minutes ago, Shmoopaloop said:

After seeing more of Zach & Tori’s house tonight, I agree with Chris that they made a surprising choice buying a multi-level home like that. I think he said something to that effect. As a mom, baby gates or not, I’d be freaked out raising littles in a house like that. I can tell they weren’t finished installing the stair railing, but yikes. And I didn’t realize it was so big with 5 bedrooms + an office.

I cannot believe they bought a five level house!  Stairs everywhere!  Zack will hardly be able to get himself up and down let alone carrying a child or baby!

I wonder whose idea that was?  Zacks first home that they are selling was very handicapped friendly!

• Love 11
1 hour ago, woodscommaelle said:

Because legally it's not *his* land. That's not how marriage works unless one has a pre-nup. It was their land. Yes, Matt was the man who went to work, Matt made the money, and if it was the 1940s, Matt could divorce his wife and put her on the street with nothing but a big old fuck you but we've gotten a little more modern. While Matt was indeed, the primary income maker, Amy's role in birthing out four children and having to change their shitty diapers and feeding them all and tending them all actually counts as her doing a fair share of the marital work and entitles her to a fair share of the marital assets. Matt was free to make the money that bought the farm because there was someone in the home tending the children that he made with her. In getting Amy pregnant - and Matt had *some* responsibility in that act - he took years and years from the time that Amy could have been earning income. He doesn't get to walk away after 25 years and say that he made the money so anything bought with the money is his. 

Plus, if Amy's name was on the mortgage - and while we weren't privy to the original mortgage, she did sign on the new piece of property that became the wedding barn property, so she was probably on the first mortgage as well - then she was ALWAYS part owner of the farm and divorcing Matt doesn't mean she's no longer on the mortgage. Now, Matt might argue he made the money that paid the mortgage but still... that doesn't change the reality that both of them were listed as owners.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, Jeanne222 said:

I cannot believe they bought a five level house!  Stairs everywhere!  Zack will hardly be able to get himself up and down let alone carrying a child or baby!

I wonder whose idea that was?  Zacks first home that they are selling was very handicapped friendly!

I couldn't belive my eyes or ears.... A 5 level home???? Are they nuts?

Zach's back and other problems will probably get worse and he'll be carrying kids all over that mouse maze..... Jeeez I'm average size and I can't imagine going up and down those stairs all day and night.

• Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, Jeanne222 said:

It's going to take them 20 years to find all their stuff Zack dumped in those boxes!

They're going to regret all of those stairs. I thought I'd love having a two story house before I moved into one, but after I actually did, I really dislike it compared, especially after multiple people in my family started having massive health problems - there's so much more to clean, it allows people in the house to be a lot more disconnected from each other, it's harder to do things like laundry if the bedrooms and laundry are on different levels, etc. It's harder to keep track of kiddos too.

But when it really bites them is gonna be when any of them start having health issues or kids start walking or Zach tries to be the one carrying them - getting someone up and down stairs after surgeries, or dealing with going up and down so many stairs when you have back or joint problems, is much more of a nightmare. Kids are gonna be taking their first steps there too. Just looking at all of those stairs I had a sinking feelings that any kids in that house are not super safe at all. I've never seen so many without actual banisters (they just have like bars for hands). They better invest in a lot of gates.

Edited by missnoa
  • Love 10

I can't believe I just watched an episode chock full of Zach and Tori moving. I really do need to get a life. 

That land Matt purchased is ugly AF. I guess you really do need a vision for that mess. 

• Love 6