Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E03: Jesus Saves

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

12 hours ago, RemoteControlFreak said:

The producers know that Captain Lee and Kate are the stars of Below Deck.  It's clear they wanted to set up situations where Lee and Kate could shine doing what they do best, which is kicking dead beats to the curb and throwing out snarky one-liners, respectively.

They may have taken this too far.

I agree.  Kate has always been good at kicking the crewmembers - deadbeats or not.  I've come to expect that of her. 

But I'm sorely disappointed in our Captain.  I've  enjoyed his humor, one-liners and his brusque manner (when called for) in seasons past, but he is starting to foul his dress whites by rolling around in the mud with Kate. 

6 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

With Chris Brown as the musical guest...

LOL.  Very nice.

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 5:40 AM, Lizzing said:

Jen used to work where before this, that she was a supervisor?  If she can't handle measuring ounces, I don't know what kind of job she could supervise. 

Well, looky here.  Can this be true?

Jen Howell was ranked #2 in the state of Florida just this last month for both "Total Sales Volume" and "Total Gross Closed".  These were both in recognition for her accomplishment as an EXIT Realty Florida Top Producer.  Among recent awards Jen was also recognized here in Jacksonville for the achievement of "Top 10 Sales Volume Company Wide", as well as for "Increasing Real Estate Production by 50% Or More in 2016".     

http://www.jenhowellsellsjax.com/about.html

Maybe she's not as dumb as she acts.  And sorry, but she kind of looks dumb, too.  The hair hurts. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ryebread said:

Well, looky here.  Can this be true?

http://www.jenhowellsellsjax.com/about.html

Maybe she's not as dumb as she acts.  And sorry, but she kind of looks dumb, too.  The hair hurts. 

I have known the ditziest people who have also made amazing salespersons. As in a tragedy to them would be not finding their comb in the morning (this is not even an exaggeration). And yet. Great at the small talk and making you feel like you have their full attention and interest. 

• Love 3

Well I could maybe buy Jen as a great salesperson w/r/t being personable, but if she can't handle measuring ounces, I have a hard time with her doing any of the financial figuring needed to sell houses or even figuring out how big a room is.  A measuring tape is more complicated than a shot glass. LOL!  But even if her ditziness is all an act for the show, and if she really was a top seller, it seems she's going on this show just for reality famewhoredom, because she sure isn't polishing her image.

• Love 3
12 hours ago, HouseofBeck said:

I have known the ditziest people who have also made amazing salespersons. As in a tragedy to them would be not finding their comb in the morning (this is not even an exaggeration). And yet. Great at the small talk and making you feel like you have their full attention and interest. 

As a college freshman, I had a job as a fitness instructor.  One of my workmates was a delightful ditz named Kim.  Pronounced it like Kim, only spelled it, "Kyme".  Her drivers license said, 'Kim' so naturally, we called her Kyme - to rhyme with 'time'.  We were obnoxious that way.  Our uniforms were leotards that had an intricate twist at the bosom.  She was often late for work because she couldn't figure out how to get her leotard on after it came out of the dryer because it was all inside out, and the twist would confuse her.  Spandex and twists were hard, yo.

Fast forward to graduation. Top of her class.  She's now a chemical engineer.  I'm happy to report that her Facebook page says she goes by, "Kimberly" (not, Kymeburleigh) and none of her children have creatively spelled names. 

5 hours ago, Lizzing said:

Well I could maybe buy Jen as a great salesperson w/r/t being personable, but if she can't handle measuring ounces, I have a hard time with her doing any of the financial figuring needed to sell houses or even figuring out how big a room is.  A measuring tape is more complicated than a shot glass. LOL!  But even if her ditziness is all an act for the show, and if she really was a top seller, it seems she's going on this show just for reality famewhoredom, because she sure isn't polishing her image.

Not to mention knowing the basics about mortgages, insurance, etc.   If she is just acting, then shame on her.  Smart women acting stupid - for famewhoredom or any reason - is a problem and the main reason I don't like Carole on RHONY and Vicki on RHOOC.  Don't act all, WHHOOO HOOO!  Woman power!  and then go out of your way to act like a dumbass. Like you said, it does nothing for their images.

• Love 6

Personally I'm glad to have read all of that information about Jen. She gave me serious pause about what she could do IRL according to how she has been acting (real or not) on this show. However as a role model/mother I don't think she is doing her daughter any favors by appearing ditzy...well other than that of bringing home a decent sized paycheck. As Florida's number 2 seller I don't think that money would have been her motivation for being on this show. So what then is her real MO? 

• Love 1

After a quick visit on her website -which is quite empty- I guess she's more like the #2 of the real estate company she works for in Florida, than the the 2nd real estate agent in Florida, if that makes sense....

My second guess is that she's on Below Deck for exposore, in order to gain leads...

• Love 3
On 9/22/2017 at 9:24 AM, ryebread said:

I agree.  Kate has always been good at kicking the crewmembers - deadbeats or not.  I've come to expect that of her. 

But I'm sorely disappointed in our Captain.  I've  enjoyed his humor, one-liners and his brusque manner (when called for) in seasons past, but he is starting to foul his dress whites by rolling around in the mud with Kate. 

LOL.  Very nice.

That's not what I said in my post that you question.  You might want to review the definition of "respectively."

I don't want to diss realtors or anything (my father was one) but I know a guy with just about zero common sense - he once pulled a hot pan out of the oven and was shocked it burnt his hand..not kidding - and he is a very successful realtor. I think that often entails "personality" and not necessary brains. Kate seems very amused by Jen so even though I think she's annoying maybe she's very likable? I really don't get it.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Diane Mars said:

After a quick visit on her website -which is quite empty- I guess she's more like the #2 of the real estate company she works for in Florida, than the the 2nd real estate agent in Florida, if that makes sense....

That's exactly what I thought. If she was #2 in the State, she would be a millionaire. Florida has a lot of high end real estate. Jacksonville,while it has it's affluent area's, is not thought of as  one of them.  That was very strategic wording, though. Kudo's to the marketing dept. at Exit Realty!

• Love 4

The clients were all so drunk Matt could have served Uncle Ben's and Chicken of the Sea as long as there was a hot guy as the tray.  They wouldn't have known the difference!  And seriously, who does Jen think she is?  She is a newbie and Kate is her boss.  Bosses are allowed to do what they want to, well, except for crimes.  Jen needs to keep her mouth shut and not piss Kate off and maybe she won't be thrown off the charter.  (But I do confess I still don't know how to fold a fitted sheet.  I roll mine into a big ball and stuff it into pillow cases. I would be thrilled to be shown how to do it correctly.)

• Love 3

Maybe Jen is #2 in a company with only two employees...

@Red Bridey I've taught a lot of people, I learned from the housekeeping staff when I worked in a hotel. It's hard to explain written or I would. There's probably YouTube videos. It's easy once you see it and it really does help with wrinkles.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

The clients were all so drunk Matt could have served Uncle Ben's and Chicken of the Sea as long as there was a hot guy as the tray.  They wouldn't have known the difference!  And seriously, who does Jen think she is?  She is a newbie and Kate is her boss.  Bosses are allowed to do what they want to, well, except for crimes.  Jen needs to keep her mouth shut and not piss Kate off and maybe she won't be thrown off the charter.  (But I do confess I still don't know how to fold a fitted sheet.  I roll mine into a big ball and stuff it into pillow cases. I would be thrilled to be shown how to do it correctly.)

http://www.marthastewart.com/857014/how-fold-fitted-sheet  here ya go!  Here's how to lay it down and do it instead of holding it in your hands  https://www.realsimple.com/home-organizing/cleaning/laundry/fold-fitted-sheet

Edited by Eater of Worlds
  • Love 6

I watched the Real Simple video and she was holding it in her arms until final step. I can't stretch my arms out enough! Lol

I swear, Jen must be on horse tranquilizers because she is so slow and vacant  Knock, knock, is anyone at home?

And who is the girl with the big old horse teeth that come out of nowhere when she does her talking heads.  Is this who the guys are trying to bang this season?  She scares me, or rather those choppers do.  

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:00 PM, RemoteControlFreak said:

You might want to review the definition of "respectively."

Thanks. I'll take that under advisement.

21 hours ago, Eater of Worlds said:

LOL.  I'm the woman on the right in Martha's video.  Yup, that's me.

6 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

I swear, Jen must be on horse tranquilizers because she is so slow and vacant  Knock, knock, is anyone at home?

She confuses me.  I'm starting to believe the Dumb Deer in the Headlights routine is (mostly) for the show.  If it's not, then damn...they're scraping the bottom of the bucket for castmembers. 

Each season, we usually only have to suffer one fool.  This season we've got two - Jen and Chris.  It's gonna be a long one.

• Love 2
On 9/20/2017 at 8:22 PM, OnceSane said:

Hot Jesus wasn't that hot.  Not impressed and definitely not worth Kate risking her job.  Who knows?  Maybe he has mad dick game.

Oof, I must disagree. Hot Jesus looked a whole lot like Viggo Mortensen, who is like a Star Trek Phaser of Hotness: His lowest setting is "stun."

573246fd0eb41-e1q2jp31f3.jpg

Edited by heavysnaxx
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, heavysnaxx said:

Oof, I must disagree. Hot Jesus looked a whole lot like Viggo Mortensen, who is like a Star Trek Phaser of Hotness: His lowest setting is "stun."

I also think Viggo is extremely hot, but Jesus needs to lose the fur in order for me to evaluate the similarities :)

• Love 1
On 9/20/2017 at 7:23 AM, MyAimIsTrue said:

Whoever in production thought hiring casting incompetence would make for good drama needs to have their ass kicked.  I usually enjoy this show be it in the Caribbean or the Mediterranean but this season is unwatchable.

Captain Lee claims the rich people with yachts are snatching up all the good help.  Who knows if that is true.