Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E01: The Blind Auditions Premiere

• Start Topic

On 01/10/2017 at 2:24 PM, Ohwell said:

Even though I liked her sticking it to Simon, I've never like Jennifer Hudson's singing, and I don't like her as a judge on The Voice.  I don't like Miley either, so there's that.  Aaaaannnnd I didn't like Alicia Keys or Pharrell or Gwen Stefani, lol.  Actually, the only two judges I have liked are Blake and Adam. 

Refreshing, refreshing viewpoint.  Oh so refreshing.  They're the core of the show, along with Carson of course.  And they've won eight of the twelve titles IIRC.  

I will say that this looks to be my favorite coaching panel since Blake/Adam/Shakira/Usher because it looks like it may have highly interesting dynamics and because all four coaches seem very invested and active.  I knew Jennifer would get a lot of "always on" criticism and whatever else after this ep, but I learned more from her in one show than I did from Alicia's vapid Earth Mother platitudes and Pharrell's pale Yoda imitation in five, six, whatever combined seasons.  Oh, and she wasn't dull either.  She might wear on me later with the Melisma Belt Brigade she's assembling but for now, I feel a nice refreshing energy not present in a while due to her and Miley.  

Not a phone-in job by Adam like last season at all, which was nice.  Two good gets and all in on the Nashville gent who rearranged Hootie and the young gal from North Carolina too.  

• Love 1
(edited)
Just now, Shades of Scarlet said:

Then maybe stop watching?  Show seems to be doing just fine.  

Not really, if you've seen the ratings.

Plus, they're being majorly sidelined this season, so it makes it easier to watch.  So I'll keep watching, thanks.

Edited by Star Aristille
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Star Aristille said:

Not really, if you've seen the ratings.

Plus, they're being majorly sidelined this season, so it makes it easier to watch.  So I'll keep watching, thanks.

Almost every broadcast show is down, particularly ones that are five/six years old, if you've seen ratings for the past five seasons or so.  Sort of a tectonic shift happening. 

You're very welcome.  

On 2017-10-09 at 5:27 PM, Shades of Scarlet said:

And they've won eight of the twelve titles IIRC.  

Adam's only won 3 times which isn't really that impressive out of 12 seasons, to be honest. And I credit Blake's 5 wins to his massive, loyal fanbase that basically votes for *him* to win, not the actual singers. Which, good for him for having such a kick ass fanbase but it doesn't really mean he's a good coach. Or necessarily that he has the best singers.

Edited by Rachel RSL
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Rachel RSL said:

Adam's only won 3 times which isn't really that impressive out of 12 seasons, to be honest. And I credit Blake's 5 wins to his massive, loyal fanbase that basically votes for *him* to win, not the actual singers. Which, good for him for having such a kick ass fanbase but it doesn't really mean he's a good coach. Or necessarily that he has the best singers.

That's fair on both counts I suppose.  But since Adam can't win if Blake does, I think Adam has done pretty well.  Admitted, however, that Adam has had two straight phone-in jobs (relative to his previous activity levels), at least from appearances.  Perhaps he was distracted by being a new dad, or maybe I just imagined it.   Also Adam should have the title (Craig Wayne Ferguson?) that Blake got when Adam's other three (? Not going to check right now but I think that's right) finalists probably split the rest of the vote.  

Edited by Shades of Scarlet
  • Love 1