Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Personality Testing

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

7 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Does anyone else find the shorts with the football ties down to the crotch completely distracting? Anyone?????? But me?????

I actually thought Kitty was helpful on this episode. I don't get all the hate.

The VA visit had me in tears, especially the Iwo Jima veteran. There just aren't many WWII vets left. Very special.

YES! They seem so... pervy 

• Love 2

Ugh. Such dreck. The VA visit and Kitty Carter were the only two redeeming qualities of this episode. Celinda, Brennan, Brianna and Selena get picked on again. Nothing new here. We knew at some point, Brianna would get the ax. At least she did a better job of holding back her tears while meeting with Kelli and Judy. 

The show group auditions deserved WAY more time. I think that is the most fun part of the whole process and we did not see enough of it. I say, forget the studio practice and focus more on show group.

My disappointment with this season keeps going onward as the episode goes by. Lauren is still bug eyed, Brennan is still stretched as tight as a piano string and the kickline is still not perfected.

AND.....what do we have.....yet ANOTHER guest choreographer? SO original. (yawn)

The only saving grace was seeing Yuko called out. If she sucks that bad, she should not be on the team. 

Gina just gave blonde girls from California a really bad name. "I did this and this and this and this!" Move along, now, funny face.

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 6
11 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

I think it was Kitty who asked Milan why she didn't audition.

Oh, ok.  But still, the word "audition" was used, so maybe it's not true that they all have to audition and then ask not to be considered.

8 hours ago, ATLGirl said:

It looks like a big "look at my crotch!" target sign.

10 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

She grew up in Delaware......believe it of not,there is more of a accent there...I grew up outside of Philly but went to high school in Delaware and everything from water to tomato was spoken differently

True, but they don't say "y'all" with a twang.  It reminded me of a girl I went to high school with who spent a couple months as an exchange student in Australia; she returned to give a speech about her experience & spoke with a really thick Australian "accent".  None of us could roll our eyes hard enough.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Oh, ok.  But still, the word "audition" was used, so maybe it's not true that they all have to audition and then ask not to be considered.

True, but they don't say "y'all" with a twang.  It reminded me of a girl I went to high school with who spent a couple months as an exchange student in Australia; she returned to give a speech about her experience & spoke with a really thick Australian "accent".  None of us could roll our eyes hard enough.

She had asked if Brianna should have more of a speech pattern like Danielle who is from the east coast. I was just trying to explain how being on from the Delaware Valley area is much different from Danielle who is from Long Island. It was for those who are not from this area but from the south who may not know the differences. I will have to rewatch since I did not pick up on the twang. Not disputing but clarifying the end of her sentence:) 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I like you!! 

I got a snarky vibe from Brianna during one of her talking head scenes, when she said that yes, she could "get her maturity on...". It made her momentary y'all accent even funnier. I think she's got an undertone of sarcasm that she hides well, and I agree with a previous poster that this was probably a joke or dare to join the squad. She'll be just fine, and she won't be back.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

I like you!! 

I got a snarky vibe from Brianna during one of her talking head scenes, when she said that yes, she could "get her maturity on...". It made her momentary y'all accent even funnier. I think she's got an undertone of sarcasm that she hides well, and I agree with a previous poster that this was probably a joke or dare to join the squad. She'll be just fine, and she won't be back.

I actually liked that comment, especially when she said she doesn't know how yet. I'm sorry, but I can't stand the repeated yes ma'am and i don't see how they can say it with a straight face after being called chewy bacon or asked to dial up the maturity.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

I agree with a previous poster that this was probably a joke or dare to join the squad. She'll be just fine, and she won't be back.

It does seem awfully odd to jump from not making the Rockettes to moving to Dallas to be a cheerleader.  I'm sure there are dance companies in Philadelphia she can audition for to get some stage experience.  Nope, I don't think there is any way she'll be back.  Or maybe she'll really "slum" and audition with the Eagles :)

• Love 4
10 hours ago, ReneeK said:

LOL!  Personal anticdote:  When I was 18, I moved out of my parents house and went to college.  I had a boyfriend who had an apartment.  I wanted to make him dinner so decided to do fried chicken and green beans.  I got the chicken legs out of the freezer, washed, and battered them.  I put oil in the pot and heated it to boiling.  I placed the chicken in the oil and fried it until it was golden brown and crisp.  The kitchen smelled AMAZING and the chicken was picture perfect.

So my boyfriend takes a plate and bites the chicken.  He got quiet and spat it out.  I was like, "WHAT?!"  The chicken was BLOODY and raw inside!  I didn't realize that chicken had to thaw before it's fried. ?

Truly, when you're a teenager blessed enough that your mom makes your dinner, or you live on fast food and hot pockets, you just don't really know how to cook until you move out!  So I get it Brianna.

I get it, too. She can probably make herself a sandwich and salad or heat up stuff, but I hadn't ever even tried to cook anything past mac and cheese when I was straight out of high school. My granny lived with us and it was her pleasure to stuff everybody full 24/7. You didn't mess with her stove LOL.

15 minutes ago, ByTor said:

It does seem awfully odd to jump from not making the Rockettes to moving to Dallas to be a cheerleader.  I'm sure there are dance companies in Philadelphia she can audition for to get some stage experience.  Nope, I don't think there is any way she'll be back.  Or maybe she'll really "slum" and audition with the Eagles :)

They're going to have to skank her up if the Eagles want her. 

• Love 3
15 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought they all had to audition too, but I swear I heard Kelli say Milan did not audition.

I think they all go through the motions even if they don't want to be considered...seems like a great way for Kelli and Judy to continue to assess talent. And fun for the CMT cameras too.  And us!!

11 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Does anyone else find the shorts with the football ties down to the crotch completely distracting? Anyone?????? But me?????

I actually thought Kitty was helpful on this episode. I don't get all the hate.

The VA visit had me in tears, especially the Iwo Jima veteran. There just aren't many WWII vets left. Very special.

The VA visit really got to me too. My grandpa is a 92 year old WW2 vet and just moved in with my parents...I'm in town visiting and celebrating his birthday. He always wears his WW2 cap and people are so sweet to him. I took him to a preseason Chiefs game and people would almost hurt themselves trying to get to him and thank him for his service. I grew up in a military town and he thinks the older vets are just more common where we're from...he's not used to all of the attention! He also prefers the DCC but thinks the Chiefs cheerleaders are plenty cute. Can't wait to take him to MNF in October! 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 5
Just now, kalibean said:

I think they all go through the motions even if they don't want to be considered.

But do they?  Milan was asked why she didn't audition, not why she asked not to be considered.

Just now, Rosiemac said:

yes

Not to harp on this, but then why use the word "audition?"  I still think maybe they used to all have to audition but somehow realized that there's no use in wasting everybody's time if a girl doesn't want it.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

I like you!! 

Yeah, I actually found Brianna more likeable this episode. She always seemed sweet, but I saw a glimpse of some snark this episode, which I like. 

2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Not to harp on this, but then why use the word "audition?"  I still think maybe they used to all have to audition but somehow realized that there's no use in wasting everybody's time if a girl doesn't want it.

There's a clip of Milan doing a spin during the show group tryouts, so she "auditioned" I believe with every one else and just asked not to be considered, from what I gather.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Kitty Carter doesn't read the dictionary.

• Love 4
Just now, UnicornKicks said:

Kitty Carter doesn't read the dictionary.

LOL!

The idea that they all have to go through the motions of auditioning is so illogical IMO.  I guess they find it THAT hard to believe that not everyone wants the "honor" of being on show group.

• Love 1
Just now, ByTor said:

LOL!

The idea that they all have to go through the motions of auditioning is so illogical IMO.  I guess they find it THAT hard to believe that not everyone wants the "honor" of being on show group.

They don't do that every single season. Rules change.

3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

LOL!

I'm thinking they still are using it as an evaluation especially for the rookies. Perhaps Milan performing well will put her on the radar for other opportunities that may not be exclusive for show group. Or maybe she would be a good asst group leader after she graduates. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Spunkyyy said:

I'm thinking they still are using it as an evaluation especially for the rookies. Perhaps Milan performing well will put her on the radar for other opportunities that may not be exclusive for show group. Or maybe she would be a good asst group leader after she graduates. 

Maybe.  I imagine they have their reasons for doing what they do.

24 minutes ago, Java said:

Brennan is kind of growing on me.

I like her a lot! 

We're getting some mixed messages.  Brennan is told not to stress so much about being perfect, because perfection is not what they're after, but they act like that is EXACTLY what they're after.

• Love 8

Kelli has been brought together tears in other cuts for rookies in the past: Courtney Cook in S5, Alexandria in S9?

Brianna grew on me in this episode. I thought she was very sweet and humble when cut.  And I'm 50 and can't cook.  I'm so bad, I burn water.  

I wonder if the rookies must audition for SG but vets don't have to ....could that explain kitty's comment to Milan?

I really like Brennan.  Hoping against hope she makes it.   And I loved Denise's choreo. I would have loved to see the entire thing.  

Realize I'm apparently in the minority, but I was glad to see Kitty back with her fire and brimstone. That's the Kitty that I've grown to love.

Couldn't finish watching the VA segment because it just ripped at my heartstrings.   

• Love 9
47 minutes ago, English Teacher said:

And I loved Denise's choreo. I would have loved to see the entire thing.

I believe this is it.  Just watch your ears in the 1st few seconds, you might want to keep it on mute!

• Love 2

I wonder if Kelli taking notes by talking to her phone annoys Judy. It would annoy the absolute fuck out of me.

Denise should be a motivational speaker or something. Or maybe a football coach ?. She's smart. I like what she says and the way she says it.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

I like what she says and the way she says it.

Me too, I liked how she said she is there to critique and not cut people down.  I'm sure she meant nothing "deeper" by that, but I choose to believe it was a shot at nasty Kitty.

• Love 2
On 9/14/2017 at 10:14 PM, sATL said:

if someone finds the dress Kelli and Judy wore to the VA hospital, let us know. They really have upped their wardrobe this year. I just may have to be a copy-cat even if its a different color.

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3071286/petite-chaps-lace-shift-dress.jsp?ci_mcc=ci&utm_campaign=CHAPS DRESSESS&utm_medium=CSE&utm_source=google&utm_product=79372321&CID=shopping15&utm_campaignid=205852892&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIl6KIztKq1gIVCQoqCh2lCAxfEAkYAyABEgLKofD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CO_I1tfSqtYCFViPYgod3vIAYQ       https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-2889816/womens-jessica-howard-scalloped-lace-shift-dress.jsp    if I remember correctly, Judy was wearing a white dress with lace on it. These two are similar, and I'll look for Kelli's dress :) 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

The only saving grace was seeing Yuko called out. If she sucks that bad, she should not be on the team. 

But then Kelli wouldn't have her token Asian girl on the team for diversity! They would be left with what one of the alumnae described to the vets earlier this season as the diversity of the rookie candidates: "There are blondes who are good dancers. There are brunettes who are good dancers. There are redheads who are good dancers."

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
Removed redundant words
  • Love 3

I think that, if Kelli and Judy could have, they would NOT have cut Brianna at all.  Still, they saw she was not ready and, no matter how much they wanted to put her in that uniform on that field on game day, there was no way she was anywhere NEAR ready enough to be on the squad and they knew it.  They kept her as long as they possibly could and cut her only when they had no other choice.  They saw it for themselves, too many others said it in the office, in the studio, on the field, etc. that Brianna wasn't anywhere near ready to be on the squad, yet a lot of us could tell that Kelli and Judy wanted her on that squad SO badly.  We shall see if she comes back in a few years.  I did notice that she didn't say next year, but that it was "a few years".  We'll see whether or not that happens, though I think it won't.  She'll move on to other things.

I have never understood how Tasha made the team in the first place. She has always been weak. And now she is show group material? This can hardly be the best set of TCC's ever if she is strong enough to make the top 16. What's next, 50 yard Kelsey becoming group leader????

• Love 3
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 3:05 PM, California Girl said:

Milan has two semesters of a 4.0 at Southern Methodist University, that is very impressive!  That academic or professional focus and accomplishment outside of the DCC life will serve her well.  But you can also see that she has the performance respect of Kelli, Judy, and Kitty.  Major props to her for balancing it all so well.

I just thought of something..  I thought it was a requirement of a DCC to be in school  (full-time status?) or have full-time employment. To meet (prove) the requirement of being a student and surely the easiest way, I would think they would have to submit a transcript, for each semester. K&J must not LOOK at the transcript - o/w they would have known about the 4.0 - two times.

Edited by sATL
edited .. so show thought as opposed to mandatory requirement
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, sATL said:

I just thought of something.. it is a requirement of a DCC to be in school  (full-time status?) or have full-time employment. To meet (prove) the requirement of being a student and surely the easiest way, I would think they would have to submit a transcript, for each semester. K&J must not LOOK at the transcript - o/w they would have known about the 4.0 - two times.

Good point. Good catch. I wonder how much "blah blah blah" comes out of their mouths without them even really thinking about it.

3 hours ago, FutureDCC said:

Who was that Steve Dollum guy anyway? He seemed totally irrelevant and out of place judging Show Group auditions.

You would think their choices for judges would be more relevant. Kitty would be a good judge as she is a technical coach and not blinded by a pretty face/good body. So would some of the choreographers they use.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, kalibean said:

The VA visit really got to me too. My grandpa is a 92 year old WW2 vet and just moved in with my parents...I'm in town visiting and celebrating his birthday. He always wears his WW2 cap and people are so sweet to him. I took him to a preseason Chiefs game and people would almost hurt themselves trying to get to him and thank him for his service. I grew up in a military town and he thinks the older vets are just more common where we're from...he's not used to all of the attention! He also prefers the DCC but thinks the Chiefs cheerleaders are plenty cute. Can't wait to take him to MNF in October! 

That is so special..... I hope he has a blast at MNF. WWII vets are one of a kind. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Princess Chloe said:

You would think their choices for judges would be more relevant. Kitty would be a good judge as she is a technical coach and not blinded by a pretty face/good body. So would some of the choreographers they use.

Yeah, but how much of their audience would appreciate the technicality of the dance?  Neal McCoy is an entertainer, has appeared with the gals for years and knows what the audience wants.  Anthony Ramos watches to see who stands out, who gets his attention, the overall look.  I think you need to have a variety of judges who are all looking at different things.  And if they only wanted choreographers or coaches to judge, then that would let out one of us someday making it to that table:P

• Love 9

You know what I don't miss.. the incredibly awkward introductions to the most oddly chosen special guests... I love Kacey Musgraves but Kelli's intro was awful. And Kellie Pickler????? Ugh. Just focus on the TCC's thank you. CMT must've put them up to it.

Love you Kitty but please comb your hair. I think she qualifies for a makeover more than any of the girls did.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sATL said:

I just thought of something.. it is a requirement of a DCC to be in school  (full-time status?) or have full-time employment. To meet (prove) the requirement of being a student and surely the easiest way, I would think they would have to submit a transcript, for each semester. K&J must not LOOK at the transcript - o/w they would have known about the 4.0 - two times.

I'm going to take the sunny outlook and assume an assistant or other staff members checks it, like the sweet gal that takes care of the girls waiting for the office talk ?? It's probably just an honor policy anyway. 

21 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I'm going to take the sunny outlook and assume an assistant or other staff members checks it, like the sweet gal that takes care of the girls waiting for the office talk ?? It's probably just an honor policy anyway. 

Pretty much an honor policy. When you have former points who were 'nannies' or girls who 'sell' MaryKay or Plexus as their 'careers', it's pretty much a stretch. In school can mean a couple online classes *cough cough* Cassie,Holly and many, many more.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, sATL said:

No they don't have to be a student or work.  I saw on the DCC website that Tasha listed her job as "full time mom."  I think it's just encouraged that they work or go to school.

3 hours ago, ReneeK said:

No they don't have to be a student or work.  I saw on the DCC website that Tasha listed her job as "full time mom."  I think it's just encouraged that they work or go to school.

"Full time mum" is seen as a job... and it is!

• Love 9
On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 0:05 PM, Pink-n-Green said:

Don't forget, though, Kelli's been doing this for 33 years!

Anyone started a pool on when the retirement party will be? Or the replacement?

Kelli ( and probably Judy) have to keep the dances fresh & up to dates, not only for the DCC and the fans, but they too need to stay current and up to date with dance trends/moves. I wonder if they take classes as a spectator, somewhere, just to have a "teaching" understanding of what is right or wrong.  Meaning, since both of them are older than most hip-hop moves , they don't want to solely rely on a guest chirographers say-so on how a hip-hop routine should be, as it relates to the DCC "look/style".

Sad (or good) to say in a lot of organizations someone with that many years in, with decent or better performance evals, would have been RIFed, or forced to retire, if they didn't choose to do so already.  

Edited by sATL

Conspiracy theory for those of us just mad about delayed release of this Ep on iTunes/amazon:

Quality Control. We brought it on ourselves by nitpicking the discrepancies about Group 4 leadership announcement across the versions  and going into overdrive about "but what does it all MEAN??" re Erica.

lol. Heads might've rolled

and double checks and triple checks will be made

and it will now be daaaaays before release...

• Love 2
13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Yeah, but how much of their audience would appreciate the technicality of the dance? 

Exactly.  Kind of like Candace Romo last year saying that men in the audience won't really care if Kelsey is technically perfect.  Hell, unless they're REALLY bad, I have a hard time noticing low kicks.

• Love 5

They went after one of the vets for her weight, but not Holly, who looked just as "thick." Maybe they counseled Holly off-camera.

Every time a candidate gets criticized for her weight, I can see the dreaded cycle of poor nutrition, eating disorders, and depression take off for a young woman. I wish they would handle all of the weight critiques off-camera.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, kalibean said:

Although they say they are employed or in school, I don't think that is true as there have been those with a child who I don't think worked or went to school and they lived with parents.  I don't think in the application it is a requirement.  Here is from FAQ from the audition process: 

Is being a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader a full-time job?

No, most Cheerleaders hold part-time or full-time jobs or attend college.

So it is NOT a requirement but most do have a job or attend college.  I think they want to get away from the perception that cheerleaders only talents are to shake their T & A's!

• Love 1