Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Personality Testing

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I wanted to throw a beer at my tv screen every time Gina came on.  I don't think one person can be so full of herself.  "I'm so great, I don't know why Judy called me out" STFU and do back to San Diego.  

YES THANK YOU! Wth was she thinking? I'm going to be honest, I always thought she is ugly, but she has a rbf AND an attitude. And her facials are hella ugly as well. I get that she's a much stronger dancer than Brennan, but I'd rather watch her than the self important girl who just said on national tv that she is better than the rest. I'd actually put up with Yuko as point if that meant Gina would be gone.

6 hours ago, bombast said:

Stephanie, Tasha, Holly, maybe even Kashara look as "heavy" as Selena. But maybe my eyes are lyin' to me.

Selena looks fine when standing up, but she looks more than just "jiggly" when she dances. I don't understand how girls get to that point without realizing that they will get called in. The others are definitely thick but they are firm so i get it.

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Not counting the vets/rookies who retired, Is there anyone who was on SG last year and didn't make it back this year? 

Erica was the only was still on the team who wasn't invited back.

I loved the VA segment. The girls seemed indeed really good at this. And I loved seeing Kelsey killing it when last year Kelli told her she is afraid to let her go on appearances because she thinks she is stupid (i know she didn't say it but that's what she meant).

I've never understood Milan's appeal, but I liked her scene. Although I'm not sure why Kitty asked her why she didn't audition. They are not obligated to be on SG and it didn't seem like she was saying "giiirl you're awesome, you should have auditoned". But Kitty is now my favorite person as she is the only one in these two (ish) years who called Yuko out. So for that, I thank you my dear deranged instructor.

Lastly, Kalyssa is winning me over but I can't stand her hair. They should have cut it a little bit. She completely gets lost under all the hair when she does hair flips.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Was what Kitty had them do (holding one leg up and balancing) a normal thing to have to do?  It seemed difficult and painful....and uncomfortable to watch.  I LOATHE her beyond words. 

Yeah , it's a version of a Développé , I never seen with it a Plie (Squad) before. But it seemed legit to me !! All moves that help with flexibility are extremely painfull ( I know that from experience , I was never super flexible)   

Edited by mmm
  • Love 3

I'm a first time poster - long time lurker. I'm sorry but I was so glad when they finally cut Brianna. She should have been the first cut TBH and I was worried they would let her slide by because she a baby and prettty.

This may have been asked before, but why do they have show group auditions before announcing the final team? I guess it's unlikely that a girl could make show group and then get cut, but it's still a possibility.

• Love 2

Gina has that Valley Girl affect (though she is not from the San Fernando Valley) so her speech can come across as a little vapid.  But I think it is fine for a national dance champion to be proud of her achievement, and even to tout it.  Perhaps we are offput by Gina's humblebrag because it pertains to dance, and dance is - after all - what the women compete on, but I have no similar issue when Milan tells us about her 4.0 average, or Cersten mentions that she has published biomedical research, or Amy T. discusses her patented medical device, or Melissa tells us that she is a top student in Mechanical Engineering.  Dance is just what Gina does and is good at.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 3

OK Amazon has almost exactly 5 hours to get the episode that I already bought on this computer screen.......  What on earth could be taking so long?   I usually have the episode 5 hours after the airing and it has been 19 hours!!!  AAARRRRR

3 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do believe all the girls do audition for Show Group, but they can tell Kelli and Judy they do not want to be a Show Group member. I wish I-tunes would hurry up and get the episode ready for downloading.

What gives?????  Its been 19 hours since the show aired and Amazon also, still has not put this episode out.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Gina has that Valley Girl affect (though she is not from the San Fernando Valley) so her speech can come across as a little vapid.  But I think it is fine for a national dance champion to be proud of her achievement, and even to tout it.  Perhaps we are offput by Gina's humblebrag because it pertains to dance, and dance is - after all - what the women compete on, but I have no similar issue when Milan tells us about her 4.0 average, or Cersten mentions that she has published biomedical research, or Amy T. discusses her patented medical device, or Melissa tells us that she is a top student in Mechanical Engineering.  Dance is just what Gina does and is good at.

Because none of the other girls were actually humblebragging. And of course, those were actual achievements in a room full of national champions and competitive dancers/cheerleaders. Did any of these girls actually say that they are smarter than the others? Because Gina literally said that she has skills that the others don't have. It had nothing to do with the accent and everything to do with the fact that the others keep saying yes ma'am even after being called chewy bacon and she said that she was good and doesn't get the criticism. 

• Love 14

Hey Dallasites....what is that tall tower thing they showed with the ball on top that lights up? I remember it in the background of Joey on the Cheaters show..I always wondered what it was called. It looks unique to Dallas kinda like the Sears tower here in Illinois maybe

A few things I picked up on my rewatch...

Denise told the TCC that everyone should be someone's favorite...I really liked that because I think it goes to the appeal of the DCC...something for everyone. 

We were Melissa free...and I didn't miss her.

Kelli should wear pants more often, I thought she looked better in that jeans/boots combo than the dresses she normally wears.

Looking forward to the etiquette class! what season was it where they asked the girls to eat French Onion soup and battle the cheese lol?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, kacesq said:

Looking forward to the etiquette class! what season was it where they asked the girls to eat French Onion soup and battle the cheese lol?

Season 2 (2007). I remember Abigail Klein getting called out a few times (Abigail, Abigail, Abigail). Glad to see the etiquette lady, Colleen ( I think that's her name) is back.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

How on earth is Lauren going to handle double shifts at her nursing job,

You think she would do double shifts??  She already stated she does 12 hour shifts and doing that is like back to backs because you are getting a report or patient hand off from the person you gave report to 12 hours earlier.  I believe she is probably doing a 6 or 5 am shifts.  Like many nurses, she is very organized and dedicated.

51 minutes ago, sooooo ill said:

Hey Dallasites....what is that tall tower thing they showed with the ball on top that lights up? I remember it in the background of Joey on the Cheaters show..I always wondered what it was called. It looks unique to Dallas kinda like the Sears tower here in Illinois maybe

It's called Reunion Tower. It has an observation deck, along with a rotating restaurant.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, GWN 617 said:

I was told by someone in an earlier post that all the dancers have to audition for show group.

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Did Milan audition?  Or did she want to not be considered? I thought they ALL had to audition for SG. 

I thought they all had to audition too, but I swear I heard Kelli say Milan did not audition.

Edited by ByTor
3 hours ago, California Girl said:

That sit-down session with Brennan in which they work to renew her confidence with the judge's comments and her finals video, is such a nice thing to do.  

I loved that part!

2 hours ago, hilaryvm said:

how do you get to be 18 and have no idea how to cook?

Raises hand.  I didn't know how to do laundry either.  I was married at 22 & learned, she will too.

2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I'd actually put up with Yuko as point if that meant Gina would be gone.

LOL that's extreme! :)

ETA:  Just wanted to add, at age 18, good for Brianna for eating chicken & broccoli and not cinnamon buns & cookie dough, unlike a certain other TCC from several years ago :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 6

On re-watch, while I don't think Celinda should be on the team, I really feel for her. It looked like she had been crying before she went in the office, and she probably has the feeling that her days are numbered. Training camp is such a pressure cooker for these girls. 

Regarding Gina, I have no issue with her touting her dance wins and accolades. However, her talk about having better training than the other girls and this being one of the best training camp classes (since when?), is what really soured me on her. If you feel the need to make comparisons with other people to prop yourself up, at least make accurate comparisons. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, hilaryvm said:

I thought this was odd - how do you get to be 18 and have no idea how to cook?  Brianna also seemed very fragile.  This apparently was her first time away from home, and she just seemed completely overwhelmed about everything.  She seemed like a very sweet girl, so hopefully she'll go off and do great things with her life.

Mom/Dad probably did all of the cooking and most other things for her like laundry, putting gas in the car, managing her schedule, etc. also - some families are big on ordering in / eating out, too - so the concept of " home cooking" is different for every household. And if she was busy with all of the extensive dance classes and we can presume she went to HS, she probably didn't have the time nor show the interest in cooking.

Her fragile state ( which I guess I didn't notice until last night) made me think that it is best she go back home and re-group. She needs to break out that state. We are forgiving now b/c she is 18. She won't be 18 forever, though.

I just don't know many 18 year olds who shrug their shoulders. And what was that fake accent she was trying to do in the TH after Kitty gave her the comments about her maturity ?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3

I get Brianna was very appealing, but both K and J crying over her (completely inevitable) cut? That was different.   I think she's one that can be happy without ever being a DCC so will be surprised if she auditions again.  I laughed when someone (Kitty?) told Brianna she lacked maturity and then they cut to Brianna earnestly saying she would stepmup her maturity or some nonsense .

I like that they showed the Milan 4.0 moment and the applause.    

Gina is ... Very confident?   I'll leave it at that. 

I second a previous comment asking about how much time elapsed since Selina was called into the office last?  If just a week or even two that seems a tad dangerous to pressure on weight loss without giving enough time to reasonably shape up.   Either cut her or give her a few weeks to show an improvement.   She handled it with grace though.   

Keryssa would look better with a little less hair, it looks like a an unruly mophead sometimes.    

• Love 7
3 hours ago, mmm said:

Yeah , it's a version of a Développé , I never seen with it a Plie (Squad) before. But it seemed legit to me !! All moves that help with flexibility are extremely painful ( I know that from experience , I was never super flexible)   

That should do that skill/exercise during the audition rounds. Or send in a video doing that skill - like for X-seconds. that would weed out some quickly. Poor Taryn... can't get that poor girl out of my mind.

• Love 1

When K & J showed Brennan her notes from Finals , The last notes said Hot i was sure that was Neal. Later during the show group audition when they made a joke about that I rolled on the floor laughing !!

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, mmm said:

When K & J showed Brennan her notes from Finals , The last notes said Hot i was sure that was Neal. Later during the show group audition when they made a joke about that I rolled on the floor laughing !!

I am so over Neal.. It's bad enough he is prominently featured as an audition judge but to have him judging show group too?  Blech

Edited by Rubyslippahz
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, GirlInFlux said:

I'm a first time poster - long time lurker. I'm sorry but I was so glad when they finally cut Brianna. She should have been the first cut TBH and I was worried they would let her slide by because she a baby and prettty.

This may have been asked before, but why do they have show group auditions before announcing the final team? I guess it's unlikely that a girl could make show group and then get cut, but it's still a possibility.

I think show group has scheduled appearances during training camp. I don't think a TCC is a lock for show group but they have to be amazing for K and J to put you on and the team is not finalized yet.  They might just have TCC who make show group as alternates if one of the vets for some reason can't make an appearance.

Did Kelli get inside information about Celinda - like she ?  she is too busy? turning down help?

"If I followed you in the next 48 hrs can I see that it is a priority in your life to address these specifics..." .... "get with any veteran..."  "I'm going to be a bird on your shoulder and I am spying on you the next 48 hrs ..."

• Love 5

Brennan is cross eyed and Celinda has a snaggle tooth. 

Brianna looks like Kendall Jenner, and Kelli gets obsessed with the girls who look like real celebs.

I couldn't cook any thing but maybe heating up soup when I was 18. I give her a pass on that one.

If Gina is so great, why is she with DCC and not something full time somewhere?

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, sATL said:

Did Kelli get inside information about Celinda - like she ?  she is too busy? turning down help?

"If I followed you in the next 48 hrs can I see that it is a priority in your life to address these specifics..." .... "get with any veteran..."  "I'm going to be a bird on your shoulder and I am spying on you the next 48 hrs ..."

That's an interesting question. I thought that warning session was odd, but wasn't sure why. I bet she hadn't been spending time with her group leader, or getting extra Kitty sessions!

• Love 2
14 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I wanted to throw a beer at my tv screen every time Gina came on.  I don't think one person can be so full of herself.  "I'm so great, I don't know why Judy called me out" STFU and do back to San Diego.  

I could not believe Gina's attitude.  I think she is the most unattractive rookie but I have discovered over the years that the most attractive ones have the least amount of attitude and the most unattractive ones think they are all that.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

I thought they all had to audition too, but I swear I heard Kelli say Milan did not audition.

I think it was Kitty who asked Milan why she didn't audition.

What was up with Brianna's fake TX accent?  Wouldn't she have an more of an East Coast NY or NJ accent like Danielle did?

25 minutes ago, sATL said:

Yeah, what was that spying thing all about?

5 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

What was up with Brianna's fake TX accent?  Wouldn't she have an more of an East Coast NY or NJ accent like Danielle did?

I know. She kept saying y'all and I kept thinking, but aren't you from the Tri-State area? We don't say y'all that much and definitely not with a twang. 

I really do like Brianna, but it was best for her that they cut her now. Like someone else said, she's going to be fine in life without having made this team so I'm not entirely sure she's coming back. I kind of hope she does because I'd love to see her perform with the power they keep talking about. Just to see how much difference it makes. 

Gina...ugh. If you have to say you are better than everyone else, then you are most certainly not better than anyone else. Confidence is saying you are great at something. Cockiness is saying you are better than everyone. Nope, just don't like her. 

Kalyssa, in contrast, is doing about the best out of the rookies. The judges love her, she's stunning, she's a great dancer and has that "it" factor that draws your eye right to her. Yet I don't recall her bragging about how she's the best there. (If she did, this argument goes right down the toilet. But I can't recall her being braggy. She's more "this is who I am and I'm happy with it so hope you like it"). She has really grown on me. I didn't care for her in auditions. I think because her "role" seemed to be the sex kitten at the time, but she has shown that she is more than that. 

I think that Selena chick, the one who got called in, should go. Both times they called her as someone they needed to see I thought they mispronounced Celinda because I keep forgetting there is a Selena. Then they show her and I'm all "has she been there the whole time?"

I, too, loved the advice about needing to be someone's favorite. It's true. They don't have to appeal to everyone, but they have to have fans, people who are going to want to watch them and root for them and buy their pictures etc. They have to stand out. That's why I see Kalyssa being a success. She stands out. Miranda possibly too as she has a very specific look. Alexandra is one that stands out for me as well. Most of the rest are just a blur of long hair and kicky legs.

• Love 4

I thought Gina was really cute when I first saw her, but she turned me off here. She has training the other girls don't have? What kind of training might that be?

Tasha has really grown on me. I thought she was boring and had no personality. Even her gem of the week posts about herself on FB were boring. Then I saw the videos of the scavenger hunts last year in which fans could win playoff tickets. Tasha interacted with the fans really well.  For me this was confirmed with the visit to the VA. Even if she had only said a few words in the scene, she sounded very personable.

I know Kitty is Kitty, but this time around she seemed to be in an especially foul mood. 

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I think it was Kitty who asked Milan why she didn't audition.

She grew up in Delaware......believe it of not,there is more of a accent there...I grew up outside of Philly but went to high school in Delaware and everything from water to tomato was spoken differently...I felt like singing that song you say tomato and I say to mat to let's call the whole thing off;) Even just one state south in Maryland, where I live now, it is even more Southern...North Jersey  and South New Jersey are also very different.

Edited by Rosiemac
Being my own grammar police;)
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, hilaryvm said:

I thought this was odd - how do you get to be 18 and have no idea how to cook? 

As a mom of two dancers, I can also give Brianna a pass for not cooking.  My girls went to school, then went to the dance studio directly after school with a snack that I packed.  They ate dinner when they got home. The older they got, the later they came home, due to late classes. They loved dance! So this was their routine, from third grade through high school,   Monday through Friday and Saturdays from Sept-Nov, otherwise known as "Nutcracker Season".  Then came spring performances and competitions...so yeah...they were simply never home to cook.  Now that they are grown though, they realize that even though they didn't cook a lot, they did watch, and absorb.  They are both enjoying cooking now, with cookbooks, crockpots and  everything!  A simple call home to mom will answer a random question, too!

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Don't forget, though, Kelli's been doing this for 33 years!

You know, when I went back and read this I realized that it sounds snarky and I didn't mean for it to be that way at all.  I loved seeing her interact with the veterans; she seemed very natural and caring.  She didn't seem nervous or hesitant which I think could be a result of her having made many of these visits in the past.

• Love 4

I just rewatched the episode again and the one thing that left an impression on me was Lauren's smile. After watching her interact with the vets she seems right at home and had such a real and genuine smile on her face. I find most of the nurses I know have that as part of their nature. She will definitely be an asset on Show Group interacting with the public. Plus, she definitely has to be smart to be a cardiac nurse.

I just had to laugh...saw how I repeatedly said "definitely";)

Edited by Rosiemac
  • Love 7

Does anyone else find the shorts with the football ties down to the crotch completely distracting? Anyone?????? But me?????

I actually thought Kitty was helpful on this episode. I don't get all the hate.

The VA visit had me in tears, especially the Iwo Jima veteran. There just aren't many WWII vets left. Very special.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, Pink-n-Green said:

You know, when I went back and read this I realized that it sounds snarky and I didn't mean for it to be that way at all.  I loved seeing her interact with the veterans; she seemed very natural and caring.  She didn't seem nervous or hesitant which I think could be a result of her having made many of these visits in the past.

Lol we knew what u meant . You're right she is a pro at things like that after 23 years. And most likely values the outreach to disabled vets almost as much as the dancing at the football games. Maybe more than. 

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Does anyone else find the shorts with the football ties down to the crotch completely distracting? Anyone?????? But me?????

Me! Anytime someone was talking and wearing those shorts I kept looking at their crotch. I don't like those shorts at all!

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

ME ME ME!

It looks like a big "look at my crotch!" target sign.

I'm sure the male fans dig it but I'm not a fan.

• Love 10
7 hours ago, hilaryvm said:

I thought this was odd - how do you get to be 18 and have no idea how to cook?  Brianna also seemed very fragile.  This apparently was her first time away from home, and she just seemed completely overwhelmed about everything.  She seemed like a very sweet girl, so hopefully she'll go off and do great things with her life.

LOL!  Personal anticdote:  When I was 18, I moved out of my parents house and went to college.  I had a boyfriend who had an apartment.  I wanted to make him dinner so decided to do fried chicken and green beans.  I got the chicken legs out of the freezer, washed, and battered them.  I put oil in the pot and heated it to boiling.  I placed the chicken in the oil and fried it until it was golden brown and crisp.  The kitchen smelled AMAZING and the chicken was picture perfect.

So my boyfriend takes a plate and bites the chicken.  He got quiet and spat it out.  I was like, "WHAT?!"  The chicken was BLOODY and raw inside!  I didn't realize that chicken had to thaw before it's fried. ?

Truly, when you're a teenager blessed enough that your mom makes your dinner, or you live on fast food and hot pockets, you just don't really know how to cook until you move out!  So I get it Brianna.

Edited by ReneeK
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Taryn Tempestwind said:

As a mom of two dancers, I can also give Brianna a pass for not cooking.  My girls went to school, then went to the dance studio directly after school with a snack that I packed.  They ate dinner when they got home. The older they got, the later they came home, due to late classes. They loved dance! So this was their routine, from third grade through high school,   Monday through Friday and Saturdays from Sept-Nov, otherwise known as "Nutcracker Season".  Then came spring performances and competitions...so yeah...they were simply never home to cook.  Now that they are grown though, they realize that even though they didn't cook a lot, they did watch, and absorb.  They are both enjoying cooking now, with cookbooks, crockpots and  everything!  A simple call home to mom will answer a random question, too!

Yeah - my kids rarely have any opportunity to cook for similar reasons.  With their activity schedules I feel the least I can do is have an already cooked meal ready for them when they get home.   They also don't have time to help around the house like I did when when I was younger - when they are home (and not doing homework!), I let them relax...I've been doing my own laundry since I was maybe 11 years old (one day I was just expected to do it if I wanted clean clothes ;)), but I don't think my kids would even know where to start.    I could see my daughter having similar experiences as Brianna if she went out on her own at 18, and were far from wealthy - she's just so busy. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

I am so over Neal.. It's bad enough he is prominently featured as an audition judge but to have him judging show group too?  Blech

I love Neal, but I agree he shouldn't be judging show group.   Those judges should all have a background in/knowledge of dance technique.    I'm not sure what Anthony Ramos knows about dance either.   Having non dance SG judges might explain how girls like Tasha, Stephanie and Kashara made it over Keyra... 

• Love 4

I should probably be super embarrassed about this, but who cares - I'm 26 and still can't really cook lol. I do live on my own and I do eat of course, but I never really learned how to cook and so I really don't like like cooking. Of course, following a recipe is not that difficult and at least for easy meals everyone can do it. I was lucky that my mom alwasys cooked for us (she's a great cook!) growing up and she did try to get us to cook for ourselves sometimes, but a lot of the time we were super busy with school stuff, friends or other activities, so we never really did. I don't think it's weird that Brianna never cooked before, most people I know don't before they move out of their parents house. 

Gina, Gina, Gina.. every week she gets less appealing for me. I feel like those weird facial things she is doing are to look or seem humble, but she doesn't actually come across as humble. To me, she might as well stop doing those facials and just be herself, I really hope DCC can bring her back down from her I'm-the-best-there-is-cloud to the ground She is a great dancer and she should be proud of her accomplishments - but come on. Really? You are so much better that people currently on the squad like Holly or Erica? Or someone like Melissa? I don't think so. Having won competition doesn't necessarily make you that much better than anyone else. Not every good or great dancer always wants to compete. Her interview did her no favors this week. 

I feel bad for Selina, but I love getting to see more of her. I think the last time she was called into the office they said something like try to lose the weight before school starts again, which made me believe that her weight struggles last year were probably at least a little due to her work schedule. It must be difficult to make a healthy lifestyle and exercise a priority if you are a full time teacher and a DCC. She probably just doesnt have a naturally tiny body and really has to watch what she's eats. I hope she can lose the weight fast enough. 

I loved Milans moment. I literally didn't know anything about her before and to me she always seemed like a little girl, wanting to be pretty and famous and all that, but now I'm really impressed by her. Being that dedicated to school that she didn't want to be considered for show group was not something I was expecting from her. I'm definitely more interested in her now.  

• Love 6