Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Personality Testing

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

On 9/15/2017 at 0:13 AM, sooooo ill said:

I think Kalyssa is dynamite but she would look way hot with platinum blond instead of the strawberry blond. You know a "Dallas blond" like Kell says. To me she looks a bit plain jane with that hair color. Her dancing isnt plain but platinum would make her eyes pop I think 

Kalyssa isn't strawberry blonde.  Are you thinking of Savannah?

34 minutes ago, ByTor said:

But for the ones who make it, then what?  Do they have a set amount of time to get a job/enroll in school full time or else they get kicked off?  I find it hard to believe that there could be a person who remembers choreography perfectly after the 1st time, kicks her nose, and never makes a mistake, but K&J would say oops, no job, you're out.  

Right! If anything, the fact that it's not a requirement for TCCs, who may be weeks from being actual DCCs, kind of bolsters the point that it doesn't appear to be a super strict rule. It's not like these are summer interns who will be coming back a year later to work as employees. If they don't have a job or are not in school during training camp, why would they be expected to do so once they make it a few weeks later.... 

• Love 2
On 9/17/2017 at 7:33 AM, sATL said:

Anyone started a pool on when the retirement party will be? Or the replacement?

Kelli ( and probably Judy) have to keep the dances fresh & up to dates, not only for the DCC and the fans, but they too need to stay current and up to date with dance trends/moves. I wonder if they take classes as a spectator, somewhere, just to have a "teaching" understanding of what is right or wrong.  Meaning, since both of them are older than most hip-hop moves , they don't want to solely rely on a guest chirographers say-so on how a hip-hop routine should be, as it relates to the DCC "look/style".

Sad (or good) to say in a lot of organizations someone with that many years in, with decent or better performance evals, would have been RIFed, or forced to retire, if they didn't choose to do so already.  

I hope it's soon. I get the love for kelli and judy, and I have no hate for them, but honestly they need to bring in someone young and fresh that gets that it doesn't all have to be long curled hair, overtan and white.  I think a fresh set of eyes could bring a lot to this squad. 

On 9/17/2017 at 9:32 AM, UnicornKicks said:

DCC:MTT is far down on the priority list for iTunes. This isn't Grey's Anatomy or Outlander.

The post schedule on this is super tight. We are in week 4 of training camp, which I would guess happened the week of July 3rd (the vet visit for july 4th makes a lot of sense, too).  These take MINIMUM 10 weeks (better to have 12) to edit and post, so they are finishing and delivering these very close to air. Itunes outputs are a second round of mastering, and itunes is not the main ($$paying$$) client, so it's not a surprise they are behind and these are getting shoved down the line.  I bet it will get later and later as the season goes on. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

I mean Shelly can say they have to be a full time student or have a full time job all day. It doesn't make it true.

it's weird to me people think this person who may or may not be Shelly is somehow 100% truthful. It's also weird to me that they think it is totally normal to lie about stuff that just is not true.

I think a former DCC and current employee would know what is true.

• Love 11
36 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

They might say it's a rule. They don't enforce that rule. 

Well they probably have selective memory, since Cassie was definitely not a student and I don't think she was working either. I understand why they promote that 'rule', but obviously they can't kick girls off the squad for getting fired for example. And there's no way these girls have real jobs and still have time to be at practice at 6,plus practice or work out during the day. And by 'real job' i mean a workplace where you don't get to leave early and get special treatment for being a local celebrity.

re: the retirement talk... I do wonder who is going to take Judy's place. I think it's quite obvious she isn't creating choreos anymore, but none of the guest choreographers/former dcc who help out with choreo are getting extra exposure. Maybe Michelle Keys? Or the LSU coach? They don't have to hire someone familiar but a random person would seem to strange after seeing K&J leading the team for 20 years.

Is there someone specific (other than Cassie & Yuko) that was not a student , SAHM, lived with their parents/family mbr, or worked full-time ? It does take a minute (like the spring semester) to get into a university and yes, not all classes are held at a brick and mortar . Yes, at most colleges 12 semester hours is considered full-time . But depending up major, if one is only taking 12 hrs every semester, one is not going to come out in 4 years - somewhere summer school and or a 12+ credit hour semester is needed. Depending upon the HS preparation/SAT/ACT scores, there are people who spend the first year or so in college taking courses that don't count towards a degree . attending college and matriculating college are two different things.

full-time status does vary with each company - ie I know someone who works 4-8hr days, due to the office cutting back economically . Also, there are people who work part-time hours/duration at more than one company.

Edited by sATL
16 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Well they probably have selective memory, since Cassie was definitely not a student and I don't think she was working either. I understand why they promote that 'rule', but obviously they can't kick girls off the squad for getting fired for example. And there's no way these girls have real jobs and still have time to be at practice at 6,plus practice or work out during the day. And by 'real job' i mean a workplace where you don't get to leave early and get special treatment for being a local celebrity.

re: the retirement talk... I do wonder who is going to take Judy's place. I think it's quite obvious she isn't creating choreos anymore, but none of the guest choreographers/former dcc who help out with choreo are getting extra exposure. Maybe Michelle Keys? Or the LSU coach? They don't have to hire someone familiar but a random person would seem to strange after seeing K&J leading the team for 20 years.

I have total respect for Judy , i think she's best choreographer in the NFL , but if she leaves I think Michelle Keys would be the best choice bec 1st they like to keep it in the Family & She excellent !!  

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, mmm said:

I have total respect for Judy , i think she's best choreographer in the NFL , but if she leaves I think Michelle Keys would be the best choice bec 1st they like to keep it in the Family & She excellent !!  

I think Judy is amazing at her job, but I don't think she has choreographed anything in the last decade and they only choreos that look truly fresh and well, amazing lately are those done by guest choreographers. But Judy is managing much more, so it does seem difficult to replace her with just one of the guests.

If they bring in anyone fresh and new to the choreographic slot (and let Judy wind down the rest of her work), I think either Michelle Keys or Denise Dicharry would be awesome choices.  I'm not sure who would be able to replace Kelli just as long as the person chosen is NOT related to either Judy or Kelli.

• Love 1

When Yuko and Jinelle did their live Q & A, Yuko said she works a full-time job and then goes to practice. She did not say what that job was but she mentioned that it can be hard to balance work and DCC practice. 

Edited by ATLGirl
On 9/15/2017 at 1:24 PM, mmm said:

Yeah , it's a version of a Développé , I never seen with it a Plie (Squad) before. But it seemed legit to me !! All moves that help with flexibility are extremely painfull ( I know that from experience , I was never super flexible)   

That scene reminded me of the year Mia auditioned and went to Kitty's for the critique before finals. Mia's kicks were terrible and I remember Kitty lifting one of Mia's legs straight up in front of her and putting it up on her (Kitty's) shoulder to show Mia how she should practice stretching to improve her kicks. 

I think they will want the new director and choreographer to be former DCCs. So Michelle Keys could be an option for choreographer. I think JennK would also be a good choice. Or she could even be the director. I agree with what everyone said in the past about JennK sticking around with the organization for years to come.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Roo22 said:

I think they will want the new director and choreographer to be former DCCs. So Michelle Keys could be an option for choreographer. I think JennK would also be a good choice. Or she could even be the director. I agree with what everyone said in the past about JennK sticking around with the organization for years to come.

with sadness, I'm going to agree. I think the cowboy organization is going to want a former DCC for either position . after all there are 32 years of former DCCs ( assuming at least one person retired each of Kelli's past years).

The LSU coach would make a great choice though. She seems so fresh. And I like that the LSU coach still actively teaches - ie coming dressed to rehearsal to dance/teach and gets on the floor.

I like Judy's outfits - but I do wonder sometime are you here to work on choreography ? The only time I have seen Judy teach was the kick line & entrance. I'm sure she is teaching some of the other routines - they just don't make it filming/air time.

There should  be former DCCs with business acumen, like Kelli, to be a director. Unfortunely, MTT/CMT haven't figured out a way to show a former DCC who runs a business/corporation (CEO/CIO/VP level),who keeps track of the bottom line while growing the business and can make hard decisions. Maybe we will as time gets closer...

I also agree with an earlier positing that even though the uniform is "the iconic uniform" , I'm sure there is a talented & creative designer somewhere who can modernize it just a little. But that won't happen probably until there is a changing of the guard. if this slide show is true, the uniform was designed in 1979 ( link ) w/ little tweaks here&there since.

BTW - keep scrolling on the slide show to see Judy's long natural locks when she cheered., the boots cost $550, a cheerleader in 2006 had killer abs,

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

They might say it's a rule. They don't enforce that rule. 

Exactly. Kind of like how not fraternizing with players is a rule, until it's not. They all sound good in sound bites, and all are not enforced.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

Exactly. Kind of like how not fraternizing with players is a rule, until it's not. They all sound good in sound bites, and all are not enforced.

Hmm..Whether people abide by a rule or not doesn't determine whether it is one or not. I guess we can all agree that people break the rules.

• Love 1
11 hours ago, sATL said:

with sadness, I'm going to agree. I think the cowboy organization is going to want a former DCC for either position . after all there are 32 years of former DCCs ( assuming at least one person retired each of Kelli's past years).

The LSU coach would make a great choice though. She seems so fresh. And I like that the LSU coach still actively teaches - ie coming dressed to rehearsal to dance/teach and gets on the floor.

I like Judy's outfits - but I do wonder sometime are you here to work on choreography ? The only time I have seen Judy teach was the kick line & entrance. I'm sure she is teaching some of the other routines - they just don't make it filming/air time.

There should  be former DCCs with business acumen, like Kelli, to be a director. Unfortunely, MTT/CMT haven't figured out a way to show a former DCC who runs a business/corporation (CEO/CIO/VP level),who keeps track of the bottom line while growing the business and can make hard decisions. Maybe we will as time gets closer...

I also agree with an earlier positing that even though the uniform is "the iconic uniform" , I'm sure there is a talented & creative designer somewhere who can modernize it just a little. But that won't happen probably until there is a changing of the guard. if this slide show is true, the uniform was designed in 1979 ( link ) w/ little tweaks here&there since.

BTW - keep scrolling on the slide show to see Judy's long natural locks when she cheered., the boots cost $550, a cheerleader in 2006 had killer abs,

They tried to add in a different uniform during Shelly B's time. Or at least, I think that's when- the fans hated it. 

As a a native Texan, former Dallasite, cowboys fan, and lifelong fan of the DCC- don't touch the uniform. And that's the general feeling of most fans of the DCC and the Cowboys. 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Roo22 said:

JennK is now the director of the junior dcc program so it does seem like they are prepping her. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

If they bring in anyone fresh and new to the choreographic slot (and let Judy wind down the rest of her work), I think either Michelle Keys or Denise Dicharry would be awesome choices.

I know this is unpopular, but I hope it's not MK, I think her choreography borders on trashy.  DD, I think ,is awesome.

• Love 1

So, back to the topic of this thread,  ? I enjoyed this episode a lot. The visit to the Veterans was wonderful.  I would like to have seen more of the showgroup auditions. In fact I would much rather see an entire episode on SGA versus 3 full episodes of TC auditions. I want to see a lot of the different styles of routines they do and would love to see what their country western SG dance is and if it has updated since 2015. I think it's great to be confident and to feel good about your accomplishments in life, BUT I think Gina comes across in her body language as arrogant and a little stuck up, that doesn't mean she is, but it's how she expresses herself with her head and her eyebrow expressions. I know that is a character in a person that does not sit well with K and J especially if she is questioning in doubt Judy calling her out in rehearsal.  It would have been cool if she had said to Judy what she said after, how she disagreed. Would love to see Judy's reaction!  But they usually can spot a snotty arrogant girl easily so she may have just come across in a bad way.  I liked Brianna, but not for DCC. She is the same exact age as many many many DCC former and current when they auditioned so I don't know why they put such a huge emphasis on that. What is the difference between her being a senior in high school in May and the girls who just graduated around the start of training camp (Mia, Abigail)or missed the graduation to audition (Raylee).  Anyway I think she brought out the mom thing in K and J and thats why it was a more emotional cut. I still give the award to most emotional cry too much basket of nerves to Emily from season 10.  Can't wait for next episode.  

Edited by DCCroutineFAN
left out a word
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I would like to have seen more of the showgroup auditions. In fact I would much rather see an entire episode on SGA versus 3 full episodes of TC auditions.

I agree. I love showgroup auditions but we get so little of them. I love the dancing. I don't care for the extended TC auditions because we will never see half those gals again. I wish the actual auditions (for both) didn't jump so much from person to person. It's all a blur of long blonde or brown hair and until I get more familiar with them I really have no idea who I'm watching for the two seconds I'm watching them. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

JennK is now the director of the junior dcc program so it does seem like they are prepping her. 

Every couple years there's somebody who works part time for a minute. Not really being prepped. More like desperate to hang on.

7 hours ago, ByTor said:

I know this is unpopular, but I hope it's not MK, I think her choreography borders on trashy.  DD, I think ,is awesome.

DD doesn't live in Dallas.

I've said this before ...the editing of this show is a train wreck!  It's mind boggling to me these editors still have a job.  Keyra not making showgroup is a perfect example of the editors not following basic storytelling rules. We are presented with a character to root for . She's likable, she's presented as an incredible dancer. We see nothing but good things said about her. She's literally every guest choreographer's favorite.  She's shown in her interview saying she hopes to make show group ( for those suggesting she asked not to be considered ) . Kitty even calls her out as one of only 3 girls that killed it at show group auditions. As an audience, we are all rooting for her....she doesn't make it. We are not told why and the story falls flat and we're all like wtf? (Same thing happened with Kaitlyn(?) ...dark haired awesome dancer that didn't make training camp).

Classic bad storytelling/ editing. Shelly, be a doll and suggest to Charlotte they renegotiate next seasons show to get some world class editors that know how to tell a story. These guys are total amateurs. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Katekate said:

I've said this before ...the editing of this show is a train wreck!  It's mind boggling to me these editors still have a job.  Keyra not making showgroup is a perfect example of the editors not following basic storytelling rules. We are presented with a character to root for . She's likable, she's presented as an incredible dancer. We see nothing but good things said about her. She's literally every guest choreographer's favorite.  She's shown in her interview saying she hopes to make show group ( for those suggesting she asked not to be considered ) . Kitty even calls her out as one of only 3 girls that killed it at show group auditions. As an audience, we are all rooting for her....she doesn't make it. We are not told why and the story falls flat and we're all like wtf? (Same thing happened with Kaitlyn(?) ...dark haired awesome dancer that didn't make training camp).

Classic bad storytelling/ editing. Shelly, be a doll and suggest to Charlotte they renegotiate next seasons show to get some world class editors that know how to tell a story. These guys are total amateurs. 

You read my mind, and stated it better than I could.

This show was created before the advent of social media and video sharing was in it's infancy.  There were no smartphones.  Now literally everyone can broadcast to the world.  The organization nor the show have adapted well to these changes.

I think the Kitty comments the next night were included for her comment that she would have gotten rid of Selina based on SG auditions.  Unfortunately, she also praised Keyra while not praising four girls who made show group.  (Her comments shown were about group one only).  They helped one storyline, while destroying another.   DUMB editing indeed!  If they had just done the Selina comment only, no one would have more ammo for the "Keyra was robbed" movement.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Katekate said:

I agree with all the posters who said that she didn't get a spot because of Jenna/Cersten/Robin. There is no other explanation and I kinda understand that they also consider looks and to have something that will appeal to everyone (which for me explains why Tasha and Kalyssa made the team over way way WAY better dancers). At least that means that with Jenna and probably Cersten retiring next year, she will definitely get a spot.

6 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I agree with all the posters who said that she didn't get a spot because of Jenna/Cersten/Robin. There is no other explanation and I kinda understand that they also consider looks and to have something that will appeal to everyone (which for me explains why Tasha and Kalyssa made the team over way way WAY better dancers). At least that means that with Jenna and probably Cersten retiring next year, she will definitely get a spot.

I understand that is why they did it, I just don't "understand it". Because it makes a tons of really ridiculous assumptions -- "Well, we can't have too many women of color -- not enough people may find them attractive."

What.the.hell.   I'm not arguing with you at all about their reason -- it is just that their reason is insane.

• Love 4
20 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

And that rules are not enforced

But are rules nonetheless :)

14 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

So, back to the topic of this thread,  ? I enjoyed this episode a lot. The visit to the Veterans was wonderful.  I would like to have seen more of the showgroup auditions. In fact I would much rather see an entire episode on SGA versus 3 full episodes of TC auditions. I want to see a lot of the different styles of routines they do and would love to see what their country western SG dance is and if it has updated since 2015. I think it's great to be confident and to feel good about your accomplishments in life, BUT I think Gina comes across in her body language as arrogant and a little stuck up, that doesn't mean she is, but it's how she expresses herself with her head and her eyebrow expressions. I know that is a character in a person that does not sit well with K and J especially if she is questioning in doubt Judy calling her out in rehearsal.  It would have been cool if she had said to Judy what she said after, how she disagreed. Would love to see Judy's reaction!  But they usually can spot a snotty arrogant girl easily so she may have just come across in a bad way.  I liked Brianna, but not for DCC. She is the same exact age as many many many DCC former and current when they auditioned so I don't know why they put such a huge emphasis on that. What is the difference between her being a senior in high school in May and the girls who just graduated around the start of training camp (Mia, Abigail)or missed the graduation to audition (Raylee).  Anyway I think she brought out the mom thing in K and J and thats why it was a more emotional cut. I still give the award to most emotional cry too much basket of nerves to Emily from season 10.  Can't wait for next episode.  

1. She does, but I don't think that's necessarily a BAD thing. It can be translated as "sass"

2. THIS! I think they put an emphasis on it because it's a storyline..plus she's clearly a lot less mature (to me). I don't really think there's a difference, but it's just something to talk about

8 hours ago, Katekate said:

Are you suggesting that with this specific editing for SG that they shouldn't have shown all the praise for Keyra if they knew they weren't going to invite her to SG? If so, I agree. OR..just OR..and hear me out..she could have just made SG lol :)

I don't think race was the deciding or sole factor in Keyra not making show group.  She's a powerhouse, but may not have the maturity or seniority (that is factored in some) that Tasha and Stephanie have. She doesn't have the glam/sexy factor either, and shop group does a ton of meet and greets. Keyra looks like your kid sister, where the other two look like hot grown women. Plus she's a rookie. They don't know if they can trust her or not with being mature enough to handle it all. Not that I think she isn't trustworthy, seems like a good kid, but they may need proof she's going to put DCC first, and she may be all about school or work first, sort of how Kitty questioned if Cersten would have time for DCC. If she doesn't make it next year, now that will be telling.

But then again, I think Madeline looks underage and babyfaced, and way over hyped with technical ability. Kalyssaa has knocked her off her 'Oh look at that cute little white girl who can do hip hop throne' too. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, hypeman said:

You read my mind, and stated it better than I could.

This show was created before the advent of social media and video sharing was in it's infancy.  There were no smartphones.  Now literally everyone can broadcast to the world.  The organization nor the show have adapted well to these changes.

I think the Kitty comments the next night were included for her comment that she would have gotten rid of Selina based on SG auditions.  Unfortunately, she also praised Keyra while not praising four girls who made show group.  (Her comments shown were about group one only).  They helped one storyline, while destroying another.   DUMB editing indeed!  If they had just done the Selina comment only, no one would have more ammo for the "Keyra was robbed" movement.

the show isn't about who did or didn't make show group, or (sadly, IMO) about the vets, it's about "making the team", and while diehards like us realize that everyone is trying to 'make the team' in the strictest sense of the phrase, the show is obviously 99% about the new TCC's (and vets that got "too fat").  So they talk about show group and they show a few who made it, but keyra being "robbed" isn't really a storyline they can or will focus on.   Plus, talking about the inside drama of the squad is not what DCC as an organization wants to focus on.  They could spend way longer showing the dancing for the showgroup tryouts, not sure why the decision behind that, to show many, many, minutes of the girls in the studio, but not show them really dancing for show group.  

15 hours ago, Katekate said:

Totally agree. I just re-watched the audition episodes where the judges (that they showed on camera) who spoke up on Kaitlyn agreed she was a great dancer albeit in need of a makeover (Like Maddy the first year she tried out but still made TC). There was no foreshadowing in the finals' deliberations that K/J/C might not have agreed and therefore would've made it not such a surprise when Kaitlyn didn't make training camp. Same goes for the deliberations on why Keyra wasn't chosen for Show Group. In other cases they have shown such comments- mainly from Kelli- that planted that seed making what followed (i.e. a dancer not being chosen in spite of all the accolades the dancer received) somewhat more believable and therefore more of a satisfying (for lack of a better word) end to that story arc. 

Whatever the reasons for these non-selection decisions - unattractive/controversial rationale such as some of the theories discussed in this thread which would put K J or C in a bad light; or more palatable explanations (e.g. Keyra was acknowledged during deliberations as having had generally a great SG audition except her kicks were still not good enough to push her into the top 16, just as a hypothetical example), then that may not have tripped me up so much.

I don't know who made the decision to edit these stories - maybe it was Kelli herself. Nonetheless the glaring absence of any attempt to provide any type of balancing counter-arguments/explanations for these non-selection decisions grabbed my attention as well as it did for others. It's no wonder these decisions have inspired the unflattering speculation(s) they have on what the 'true' motivation might have been. 

Edited by Blndee6
  • Love 2

I'm still trying to figure out when it became the norm that a bunch of rookies would make show group at all.  Maybe they just didn't have enough strong veterans to make up the 16 this year, so they dipped into the rookie pool, but having more than one or two that are alternates isn't the norm.  I like Keyra a lot and she's for sure a stand out in her class, but aside from skin/hair color, I can see why Gina, Kalyssa and Lauren got it over her.  Kalyssa pops just as much, Gina is a technical standout, and Lauren has pop (once she knows it) and makes an excellent ambassador.

Still, I think taking three rookies says more about the vets to me than anything.  Especially since some "weaker" vets made it into the mix.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, kalibean said:

I'm still trying to figure out when it became the norm that a bunch of rookies would make show group at all.  Maybe they just didn't have enough strong veterans to make up the 16 this year, so they dipped into the rookie pool, but having more than one or two that are alternates isn't the norm.  I like Keyra a lot and she's for sure a stand out in her class, but aside from skin/hair color, I can see why Gina, Kalyssa and Lauren got it over her.  Kalyssa pops just as much, Gina is a technical standout, and Lauren has pop (once she knows it) and makes an excellent ambassador.

Still, I think taking three rookies says more about the vets to me than anything.  Especially since some "weaker" vets made it into the mix.

Weaker vets made the team period!  Maybe the entire show group should be the rookies ?Jk

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Weaker vets made the team period!  Maybe the entire show group should be the rookies ?Jk

SG should be the best 16 period.  that is why I wish at least they wore the same colors. I don't think there is a way to hold a blind dance audition, like they do for instrumental auditions, but I think the current panel brings in too much outside bias to the process.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kalibean said:

I think two to four rookies have made Show Group since Season 2 as been the norm. The rookies are usually considered alternatives, and they do not always do appearances as alternatives. To be honest about, I think since Season  7 there has been weaker squads especially Season 8 to Season 12. I miss the squads from Season 2 to Season 5.

12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I miss the squads from Season 2 to Season 5.

Oh the Nicole Hamilton years... ? (season 4 of this show is by far my favorite. A good chunk of my overall favorites are in that season and it had the best squad reveal, in my opinion)

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Collette1104 said:

the show isn't about who did or didn't make show group, or (sadly, IMO) about the vets, it's about "making the team", and while diehards like us realize that everyone is trying to 'make the team' in the strictest sense of the phrase, the show is obviously 99% about the new TCC's (and vets that got "too fat").  So they talk about show group and they show a few who made it, but keyra being "robbed" isn't really a storyline they can or will focus on.   Plus, talking about the inside drama of the squad is not what DCC as an organization wants to focus on.  They could spend way longer showing the dancing for the showgroup tryouts, not sure why the decision behind that, to show many, many, minutes of the girls in the studio, but not show them really dancing for show group.  

The point of this post was about the editing. It had nothing to do with keyra not making show group. They set up a storyline showing keyra, and then left it unresolved. The next thing they're kind of revisiting it with the Kitty comment. With better editing they didnt have to revisit it at all.

I agree with the original poster, it's poor story progression. It happens frequently on this show.

I'm with you! More dancing. They are taking a simple concept,  and making it convoluted. 

I believe they purposefully choose not too show lots of uninterrupted dancing. That way no one can question their decisions. Imagine if they actually posted ALL the solos and full routines, with all four groups? It would be chaos on here. Look what's happened with the teeny bit of info we have! Not saying that it's right.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I think there've been Rookies on pretty much every SG before. I do agree that really strong Vets retiring left the returning Vet pool in a weaker state. I don't want to label the returning Vets as "weak," cause they've all made a very tough squad. I just think as a whole they're less technically spectacular than, say, Jenn K, Amy T, Jax, Melissa, Megan C, etc.

I can totally see why Kalyssa made SG, as she's a definite eye-catcher. Lauren I just haven't seen a lot of to form a complete picture. I'm not sure why everyone is so down on Gina. I watched (finally!) her "home story" and didn't see anything wrong with what she said. Who knows, maybe she had a lot of classes from choreographers-to-the-stars in CA. The show didn't explain her "training others haven't had" remark, but I'm not going to read anything into it. She seems very likable.  

I loved seeing the girls go to the VA and surprised myself by tearing up too! Wow.

I was sad to see Brianna go, though agree it was time. I thought she was starting to get the DCC style, but agree she just couldn't catch on in time to make the squad this year. She said she'd be back in a couple of years - I hope she does audition again. I think she'd be an amazing addition in talent and looks to the squad if she returns and makes it.

Edited by KatebytheSea
1 hour ago, tajalexander said:

The editing is more CMT than DCC right? Because even the very choppy editing of Kelli’s sentences bother me. You can clearly tell when she’s voiced over or it’s probably a different scenario’s line that they are interjecting.

She is one of the executive producers.......

14 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

She is one of the executive producers.......

An executive producer makes sure that a project is on time and on (or under) budget. Not really a ringing editorial endorsement.

I think Kelli (or the DCC) plays a role in deleted scenes AFTER a show has aired ie: releasing Veterans for weight and a few of the scenes in season 7. But something about the way this show, and most reality, is put together tells me that she’s seeing this for the first time as it airs.

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

An executive producer makes sure that a project is on time and on (or under) budget. Not really a ringing editorial endorsement.

I think Kelli (or the DCC) plays a role in deleted scenes AFTER a show has aired ie: releasing Veterans for weight and a few of the scenes in season 7. But something about the way this show, and most reality, is put together tells me that she’s seeing this for the first time as it airs.

I have a hard time imagining that Charlotte, 'Chief Brand Officer,' doesn't at least have some level of editorial control on what does/does not get aired.. but I obviously have no idea how the whole process actually works.

9 hours ago, kalibean said:

Since 2011, they typically have 4 rookies on Show Group.  I have seen countless photos over the years of "rookie's first performance" with the SG rookies at a convention or something before the season started.

2011--Alyssa, Cassie Kathleen, Emma, Holly H

2012--Jacie, Jenna, Jennifer Alexis, Olivia

2013--Ashley N, Hannah, Jenn K, Samantha

2014--Erica, Lacey, Melissa (only 3)

2015--Amy T, Holly P, Megan (only 3)

2016--Kelli S, Maddie, Maggie, Mandy

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Tootie said:

Since 2011, they typically have 4 rookies on Show Group.  I have seen countless photos over the years of "rookie's first performance" with the SG rookies at a convention or something before the season started.

2011--Alyssa, Cassie Kathleen, Emma, Holly H

2012--Jacie, Jenna, Jennifer Alexis, Olivia

2013--Ashley N, Hannah, Jenn K, Samantha

2014--Erica, Lacey, Melissa (only 3)

2015--Amy T, Holly P, Megan (only 3)

2016--Kelli S, Maddie, Maggie, Mandy

Thanks for doing this!  I started to google it all yesterday and bailed pretty quickly.

I guess I'm thinking of earlier seasons where the other Olivia was the only one, and it was emphasized quite a bit that she was an alternate only.  It's stuck in my head as my own truth.  Ha!