Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Personality Testing

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 minutes ago, cherryblossom said:

Although they say they are employed or in school, I don't think that is true as there have been those with a child who I don't think worked or went to school and they lived with parents.  I don't think in the application it is a requirement.  Here is from FAQ from the audition process: 

Is being a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader a full-time job?

No, most Cheerleaders hold part-time or full-time jobs or attend college.

So it is NOT a requirement but most do have a job or attend college.  I think they want to get away from the perception that cheerleaders only talents are to shake their T & A's!

ok.  I will edit my earlier statement.

1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

They went after one of the vets for her weight, but not Holly, who looked just as "thick." Maybe they counseled Holly off-camera.

Every time a candidate gets criticized for her weight, I can see the dreaded cycle of poor nutrition, eating disorders, and depression take off for a young woman. I wish they would handle all of the weight critiques off-camera.

I agree about Holly.  She does have a stocky-er body.  

• Love 2

Darn it, I know SG isn't a ticket to the team, but I was still irritated when Gina made it.  I would like to see her not make the cut.

Add me to the list of Team Keyra people who think she was robbed of SG!  Not fair!!!!  Why does Neal even get a vote if his only comment is ever "she's hot?"  We can figure that out without you, thanks.

bye Brianna, kid had me choked up when she talked about learning to cook.  I liked her as a person and dancer...but she has a lot of growing to do in life.  

Really hope against hope Brennan makes it, they seem to be pulling for her.  I'm over Celinda at this point.  

I think the other cuts are between Taryn, Tara and Savannah.  I think all three are girls who are skating by, but will pop up on their radar when the herd thins (especially Savannah, which sucks because I really like her).

I love the way Selina handles herself.

How did Tasha make the team, let alone SG?  Don't get that choice at all.  Oh, and if you're only going to tell us 8 of the 16 names, don't bother calling out Holly- we can figure that one out on or own.  

Next Week:  "There's a lot going on in French Onion soup" Natalie Wood.  Anyone else remember her saying that?

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, Calicocats said:

Yes. I really liked how she handled herself in the office and didn't make any excuses. Then, to know additionally that's she a kindergarten teacher (and it sound she's a permanent one, not just a sub), makes me have nothing but respect for her. My mom was an elementary school teacher, and if the requirements at Selina's school are similar to those at my mother's, I can only imagine how exhausted she must be during the fall. 

• Love 5

Yep I thought the requirements changed about holding a job or school around the time Cassie made the team.

46 minutes ago, Calicocats said:

Darn it, I know SG isn't a ticket to the team, but I was still irritated when Gina made it.  I would like to see her not make the cut.

Add me to the list of Team Keyra people who think she was robbed of SG!  Not fair!!!!  Why does Neal even get a vote if his only comment is ever "she's hot?"  We can figure that out without you, thanks.

bye Brianna, kid had me choked up when she talked about learning to cook.  I liked her as a person and dancer...but she has a lot of growing to do in life.  

Really hope against hope Brennan makes it, they seem to be pulling for her.  I'm over Celinda at this point.  

I think the other cuts are between Taryn, Tara and Savannah.  I think all three are girls who are skating by, but will pop up on their radar when the herd thins (especially Savannah, which sucks because I really like her).

How did Tasha make the team, let alone SG?  Don't get that choice at all.  Oh, and if you're only going to tell us 8 of the 16 names, don't bother calling out Holly- we can figure that one out on or own.  

Next Week:  "There's a lot going on in French Onion soup" Natalie Wood.  Anyone else remember her saying that? I Just recently saw this on cmt.com. Funny. Prob not going to order in a restaurant ever.

Edited by LisaWl7TR
oops...My reply was merged in. I don't know what I did or didn't do. Tried bolding it. Sorry.
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

DCC:MTT is far down on the priority list for iTunes. This isn't Grey's Anatomy or Outlander.

Yeah, but all the episodes thus far were uploaded five hours after screeening; this one took 36 hours or so. Painful, ok?

• Love 3

I thought this episode moved better compared to previous episodes.  I am so glad Brianna is finally gone. I was never a an of hers and thought she and Erin should have been released the same week.  IMO not only was she not even close to being DCC ready (same as Erin) she was too immature to be on the team. I think Brianna is very talented in her field and I definitely do not hold the fact that she does not cook against her as a lot of children that are involved/dedicated to extensive extra curricular activities may not have time to indulge in learning how to cook.  I think she needs to either go to college or stick to something closer to home for more support until she gains some life experiences.

Although the Vet segment was nice, I felt it did not belong on CMT MTT but would have been better filmed by the DCC organization and placed on their facebook/website page as PR.  The DCC org has lots of money comparatively speaking to other NFL cheerleader teams, and should be placing stuff like this and USO tour performances on their facebook/website. Related issue: I also don't understand why their halftime performances/show group performances are not filmed and placed on their websites.  The DCC organization is always saying how they are "Americas sweethearts", if so then promote it!  

I agree with others in regards to the uniforms with the XX laces on the shorts.  Very distracting and not flattering.  Another gripe:  I dislike all the "hair whipping".  I think some of those girls would do better if they didn't feel the need to whip 3-4 feet length of hair around. :-)

"Next Week:  "There's a lot going on in French Onion soup" Natalie Wood"

OMG I LOVED Natalie Woods.  She is one of my all time favs, along with Kandi Harris and Mackenzie Lee. They all had issues (Kandi was too boxy for the uniform but was an excellent dancer, Natalie Woods, Judy and Kitty didn't care for her dancing, but she looked great in the uniform and Mackenzie was so short and didn't have high enough kicks but otherwise an excellent dancer). *L*

Edited by LynneH
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, LynneH said:

Another gripe:  I dislike all the "hair whipping".  I think some of those girls would do better if they didn't feel the need to whip 3-4 feet length of hair around. :-)

Haha, when they were doing their "big moment" for the fake camera, and pretty much each one of them chose the hair whip with a pose, all I could think was that at least one of them just got smacked in the face with a wall of hair. Personally I see hair whipping as a way to distract from some shortcoming. So the ones who excessively whip I automatically think of as less talented, even if it's not true. 

• Love 2

I feel like anyone who has ever gone to college and/or does math know they "full time job or full time student" thing is fake. If these girls were actual full time students you would see them graduate in four years. If these girls were graduating college, they would exploit it. That is what that scene with milan was. She was asked about it because they wanted her to talk about it on camera.

it's not a thing. And they crazy part is it is again a place where the screw up with the show -- talking about the girls getting together to practice during the day before practice. That is not a real thing if you have actual responsibilities.

Edited by Dccfan126
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I feel like anyone who has ever gone to college and/or does math know they "full time job or full time student" thing is fake. If these girls were actual full time students you would see them graduate in four years. If these girls were graduating college, they would exploit it. That is what that scene with milan was. She was asked about it because they wanted her to talk about it on camera.

I didn't think it was a requirement.  My memory may be wrong, but I seem to recall that one TCC (a few years ago) told Kelli that because her family was financially supporting her that she could dedicate all of her time to focus on making the team.  I am thinking her father found an apartment for her and helped move her in.  

39 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I didn't think it was a requirement.  My memory may be wrong, but I seem to recall that one TCC (a few years ago) told Kelli that because her family was financially supporting her that she could dedicate all of her time to focus on making the team.  I am thinking her father found an apartment for her and helped move her in.  

I am sorry for mis-stating old out of date information. Here an article where it was mentioned, yes, dated a few years ago. I didn't realized the ruling had changed. I actually like the TH where they focus on a TCC/DCC on what she does outside of training camp. I guess that why ladies like Selina, Milan, Lauren and Certesn will always pull at my heart a little - they show that they have lives outside of DCC and that they have a plan B - life after DCC, or TCC.

Kinda the same theory when professional ball players are asked what are they going to do when they retire or get hurt - gotta have a plan B sometimes in life, when plan A goes...

http://www.shape.com/celebrities/interviews/close-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders

"From high-kicks to splits, the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders are famous for heating up the sidelines at some of the biggest games in the NFL, dancing and cheering their way into hearts across America. But being the Lone Star State’s most iconic group of women isn’t as easy as they might make it look; not only do they practice the challenging, demanding choreography five hours a day, they’re required to either have a full-time job or be a full-time student. With the tagline “often imitated, never equaled," the squad works extremely hard to maintain their reputation as one of the best in the biz. "

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I am sorry for mis-stating old out of date information. Here an article where it was mentioned, yes, dated a few years ago. I didn't realized the ruling had changed. I actually like the TH where they focus on a TCC/DCC on what she does outside of training camp. I guess that why ladies like Selina, Milan, Lauren and Certesn will always pull at my heart a little - they show that they have lives outside of DCC and that they have a plan B - life after DCC, or TCC.

Kinda the same theory when professional ball players are asked what are they going to do when they retire or get hurt - gotta have a plan B sometimes in life, when plan A goes...

http://www.shape.com/celebrities/interviews/close-dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders

"From high-kicks to splits, the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders are famous for heating up the sidelines at some of the biggest games in the NFL, dancing and cheering their way into hearts across America. But being the Lone Star State’s most iconic group of women isn’t as easy as they might make it look; not only do they practice the challenging, demanding choreography five hours a day, they’re required to either have a full-time job or be a full-time student. With the tagline “often imitated, never equaled," the squad works extremely hard to maintain their reputation as one of the best in the biz. "

Old article. Fake news. Writer didnt fact check even when the article was written.

On 9/16/2017 at 7:47 AM, ByTor said:

Oh, ok.  But still, the word "audition" was used, so maybe it's not true that they all have to audition and then ask not to be considered.

True, but they don't say "y'all" with a twang.  It reminded me of a girl I went to high school with who spent a couple months as an exchange student in Australia; she returned to give a speech about her experience & spoke with a really thick Australian "accent".  None of us could roll our eyes hard enough.

That is EXACTLY the video I was thinking of! ???

• Love 1
1 hour ago, UnicornKicks said:

Old article. Fake news. Writer didnt fact check even when the article was written.

No, it was a requirement at one time.  And alumni would ask other alumni to consider hiring the gals cause they would be more understanding of the schedule, time requirements, last minute changes, etc.  I know I read it or heard it somewhere.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

No, it was a requirement at one time.  And alumni would ask other alumni to consider hiring the gals cause they would be more understanding of the schedule, time requirements, last minute changes, etc.  I know I read it or heard it somewhere.

I know Kelli herself said it on MTT at one point. I don't think they hardcore enforce it now, but it was a rule at some point.

• Love 2

Could they have made that Brianna cut any more dramatic? I don't think I've ever rolled my eyes so hard. I just don't get it. 

This episode felt by far the most rushed of them all. But it seems like they tried to focus a little more on the veterans (especially Stephanie which is kind of random...). I swear sometimes it felt like they were cutting to the next scene before even finishing the last one. The show group audition was literally a blip on the radar. 

They conveniently did not show a single clip of Erica again this episode, except for a few shots of her sitting on the ground with the other veterans which could have very easily been missed.

Absolutely loved the veteran hospital visit. I'm glad they spent a lot of time on that segment and didn't breeze through it like other things.

• Love 2
On 9/14/2017 at 10:36 PM, ElenaFR said:

I'm not feeling Gina. 

Love Denise and her dance.

For me Gina crossed the border from confidence into arrogance.  I can't stand arrogance so I can't stand her.

On 9/14/2017 at 10:50 PM, Spooky said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Gina has irritated me from the jump. Didn't like her TC pictures, didn't like her during finals, and now that I've seen a bit more of her "personality"; I'm over her. What a condescending, entitled, snob.  I'm from San Diego and my name is Gina, so I was hoping to like her, bur DAYUM, girl is sure pleased with herself. 

I just love Keyra; she is always so positive. 

I am totally with you on Gina and every time she opens her mouth I dislike her more.

Edited by DragonFlyzz
Specified about whom I was commenting.
  • Love 6
On 9/15/2017 at 6:21 PM, Pink-n-Green said:

You know, when I went back and read this I realized that it sounds snarky and I didn't mean for it to be that way at all.  I loved seeing her interact with the veterans; she seemed very natural and caring.  She didn't seem nervous or hesitant which I think could be a result of her having made many of these visits in the past.

Didn't think it was snarky at all! It was really great to see how easily they all interacted with the veterans.

• Love 1

I saw a video on some news website during this last year prep classes and interviewer talked to former DCC Angela and she did say that's it's a requirement to have a job or be student ! I will look for the video if i found it i will post it here

Edited by mmm
  • Love 1

I would imagine that if anything has dropped from the requirements, it's the "full-time" part of it. I actually think it would be very doable to be a full-time undergrad student and a DCC, outside of certain types of programs. However, grad school or a full-time job is a different matter. 

• Love 3

I'm interested in knowing what's the truth about the job/student requirement.  Last year, Amy S told Kelli that she wasn't working so she could devote all of her time to TC & Kelli never told her she had to go get one...at least not that we were shown.

• Love 1

Shelby who was a TCC a few years ago told Kelli that she quit her job to focus on DCC. It's probably not a hard and fast rule (doesn't appear to be a "if you lose your job, you get cut from DCC too" type thing). It may just be what they like to see, kind of like how a lot of jobs require or strongly encourage employees to be involved in other professionals organizations, but if you're not, and they like your work product otherwise, you're probably not losing your job. 

I went through the bios on the website (it's still last year team , so it's not a spoiler ). A lot don't have an occupation like Jen K. , Simone , Yuko. 

But the Bios is a little wanky bec there are a lot that are written as student but they didn't write the collage but they write it for other,  it's random !!

2 hours ago, Calicocats said:

my simone/ Auto Amy/ AAIA Amy/ didn't make the team Amy

Amy simone/ Auto Amy/ AAIA Amy/ didn't make the team Amy

I remember saying she left her factory job in IL and moved to TX and was working in customer service. Not sure if it was the season she made TC  or the season before it.

If someone was a full time student, they would graduate in four years.

does anyone really think if Jenna or Cassie graduated college it wouldn't be on social medi? I mean come on, they came up with what was pretty obviously a manufactured moment to showcase Milan and her GPA. They are desperate to highlight something like that, because the truth is it is very few and far between.

i have no doubt they say it is a rule is sound bites because it sounds good. But it is not enforced.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

If someone was a full time student, they would graduate in four years.

does anyone really think if Jenna or Cassie graduated college it wouldn't be on social medi? I mean come on, they came up with what was pretty obviously a manufactured moment to showcase Milan and her GPA. They are desperate to highlight something like that, because the truth is it is very few and far between.

i have no doubt they say it is a rule is sound bites because it sounds good. But it is not enforced.

Cassie barely graduated high school. College HAHAHAHAHAHA

On 9/14/2017 at 7:05 PM, Ferniesfreckles said:

Loved what Kelli said about how wins and SB are important but this is also what the organization is about. 

Do they visit veterans often?

On 9/14/2017 at 8:13 PM, sooooo ill said:

I think Kalyssa is dynamite but she would look way hot with platinum blond instead of the strawberry blond. You know a "Dallas blond" like Kell says. To me she looks a bit plain jane with that hair color.

"Plain" is not a word I would ever ascribe to Kalyssa. She could have any color hair, heck she could be bald, and the eyes would still be drawn to her.

On 9/14/2017 at 9:42 PM, MyFavShows said:

Never would have put Kashara, Tasha or Stephanie in show group - Kyra seemed much stronger.  Maybe the lack of dance knowledge of the judging panel had something to do w/ these selections? - or perhaps some total number of rookies that are allowed to be in show group limit?

My guess is that Kashara, Tasha, and Stephanie are all very good with people, and that that's a weak area for Keyra. I'm not saying Keyra isn't a nice person, but the DCC have to be outgoing, engaging, and approachable with everyone - men, women, children, seniors, church ladies, whoever. They have to really reach out to people and draw them in, especially since they can be intimidating (particularly when they arrive in a big group.) If Keyra is less so, or is someone who hangs back or waits for people to approach her because she's not as comfortable putting herself out there, it could have been a reason why she wasn't chosen. Half of the job on show group is signing autographs, shaking hands, and kissing babies. It's not just about the dancing.

On 9/15/2017 at 9:27 AM, Dallasfan89 said:

I think she said she was LSU golden girl.

Keyra was a Tiger Girl, not a Golden Girl.

On 9/15/2017 at 4:46 PM, Mabinogia said:

Kalyssa, in contrast, is doing about the best out of the rookies. The judges love her, she's stunning, she's a great dancer and has that "it" factor that draws your eye right to her. Yet I don't recall her bragging about how she's the best there. (If she did, this argument goes right down the toilet. But I can't recall her being braggy.

If I recall correctly, there were some who said Kalyssa was conceited when she said she started winning competitions just a few years after she started dancing. I didn't think it was bragging, but some were put off by it.

On 9/16/2017 at 3:08 PM, sATL said:

I just thought of something..  I thought it was a requirement of a DCC to be in school  (full-time status?) or have full-time employment. To meet (prove) the requirement of being a student and surely the easiest way, I would think they would have to submit a transcript, for each semester. K&J must not LOOK at the transcript - o/w they would have known about the 4.0 - two times.

I imagine if proof is required, they would have to show proof that they are enrolled at the beginning of the season, as a requirement for getting on the team that season. It wouldn't make sense to ask for transcripts as proof, since transcripts would not be available until after the season is mostly over.

On 9/17/2017 at 7:17 AM, cherryblossom said:

Although they say they are employed or in school, I don't think that is true as there have been those with a child who I don't think worked or went to school and they lived with parents.  I don't think in the application it is a requirement.  Here is from FAQ from the audition process:

The DCC have always counted SAHM as a full time job.

According to Shelly, it is a requirement. The quote below was in response to a comment that Hooters Girls make more than the DCC.

On 8/4/2017 at 2:42 PM, ShellyB said:

Very possible, since having a full time job or being a full time student is a requirement. DCC is not designed to be a sole source of income. For those that have cheered, it is more about the love of performing, the unique experiences it brings and the lifelong friendships it creates. 

On 9/17/2017 at 1:15 PM, LynneH said:

Although the Vet segment was nice, I felt it did not belong on CMT MTT but would have been better filmed by the DCC organization and placed on their facebook/website page as PR.  The DCC org has lots of money comparatively speaking to other NFL cheerleader teams, and should be placing stuff like this and USO tour performances on their facebook/website. Related issue: I also don't understand why their halftime performances/show group performances are not filmed and placed on their websites.  The DCC organization is always saying how they are "Americas sweethearts", if so then promote it! 

The DCC are somewhat lax compared to other teams when it comes to their online/social media presence. It comes across (to me) that they feel like the show is enough, and they don't really have to extend themselves to fans in that way.

On 9/17/2017 at 1:25 PM, Mabinogia said:

Haha, when they were doing their "big moment" for the fake camera, and pretty much each one of them chose the hair whip with a pose, all I could think was that at least one of them just got smacked in the face with a wall of hair. Personally I see hair whipping as a way to distract from some shortcoming. So the ones who excessively whip I automatically think of as less talented, even if it's not true. 

The hairography looks really really good from the cheap seats. It's flashy and helps emphasize the movements, in much the same way that poms do.

9 hours ago, Jess14 said:

Shelby who was a TCC a few years ago told Kelli that she quit her job to focus on DCC. It's probably not a hard and fast rule (doesn't appear to be a "if you lose your job, you get cut from DCC too" type thing).

The job requirement is for those who have been hired as Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, not for training camp candidates, who may or may not get the gig.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

I actually think Keyra was both a Tiger Girl and a Golden Girl. I swear I heard that in an earlier episode....

That was Katelynn, the one who didn't make it to TC! I believe she started as a Tiger girl and then auditioned for golden girl!

2 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Quoting Shelly B: "Very possible, since having a full time job or being a full time student is a requirement. DCC is not designed to be a sole source of income. For those that have cheered, it is more about the love of performing, the unique experiences it brings and the lifelong friendships it creates. "

Glad to hear Shelly B ruled on the full time job/student requirement discussion. I know being a full time student is expensive and the economy can make it hard to find (and sometimes keep) a job, but I did find it a little surprising that the DCC did or considered dropping the requirement. Bragging that we have students at XWY university or work for ABC company gets their name out there more. Not only is the requirement a preparation for life after DCC , I think it helps the ladies to be well rounded - i.e. life experience. I really could see the patience and poise Selina had in the "weight discussion" that she has dealing with 5-6 yr olds and/or their parents.

Kudos to the employers who allow a flexible schedule to be a DCC. When I first stared my career, I barely had time to watch the highlights of the sunday game. Usually newbies are too busy trying to prove themselves and/or get stuck with all of the "grunt" work that eats into clock time.

It does make sense that TCCs are excused from the ruling - they aren't on the team yet officially. Since many of the TCCs relocate to Dallas, I suspect many are jobless for the moment, until job offers come in, or are awaiting until the fall when school starts.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 2

I mean Shelly can say they have to be a full time student or have a full time job all day. It doesn't make it true.

it's weird to me people think this person who may or may not be Shelly is somehow 100% truthful. It's also weird to me that they think it is totally normal to lie about stuff that just is not true.

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I mean Shelly can say they have to be a full time student or have a full time job all day. It doesn't make it true.

it's weird to me people think this person who may or may not be Shelly is somehow 100% truthful. It's also weird to me that they think it is totally normal to lie about stuff that just is not true.

She is actually Shelly

• Love 3
11 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

The job requirement is for those who have been hired as Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, not for training camp candidates, who may or may not get the gig.

But for the ones who make it, then what?  Do they have a set amount of time to get a job/enroll in school full time or else they get kicked off?  I find it hard to believe that there could be a person who remembers choreography perfectly after the 1st time, kicks her nose, and never makes a mistake, but K&J would say oops, no job, you're out.