Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Personality Testing

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

30 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

How on earth is Lauren going to handle double shifts at her nursing job, DCC, and showgroup?  I seriously wonder if she is on speed or something - her bulging eyes support my theory as well ;).

Speaking as a fellow nurse, I suspect Lauren is working as PRN staff.  PRN requirements vary by organization, but it's usually just 4-6 shifts (with 1-2 being weekend shifts) per 6-week schedule. Many nurses with other things going on (young children, other jobs) take PRN jobs, which are much more flexible.  She could easily work one shift per week and still fulfill DCC requirements (including her likely never-ending gym routine for those killer abs).

• Love 5

I was pretty impressed with this episode!  It seems like they are really taking our show improvement suggestions to heart.  And YAY for bringing back the etiquette class!!!!

Gina is now officially my least favorite.  Get the **** over yourself already.  This team already has PLENTY of thirsty girls.

Kashara, Yuko, Selinda, and Tasha are really weak veterans (for weight gain and/or dancing).  I also don't see what's so special about Stephanie (unless she's way more than what is shown on TV).  There are also plenty of weak rookies (as expected), but they will get weeded out unlike the vets.

Count me as another one that thinks Brianna won't be back.  Not only can she not do the power style of DCC, but she also seems like she's not even interested in that style of dance anyway.  And that's completely OK.  She's incredibly talented and seems like a very down-to-earth, genuine girl.  But I won't miss her sobbing.

The VA visit was fabulous.  I was impressed to see how many of the ladies (including Kelli) were so at-ease and comfortable speaking to some of the seriously injured veterans.  Not everyone is comfortable in that type of environment, but they stepped into that scene and owned it.

Oh, Kitty.  Trying to be the friendly, encouraging type is not a good look on you.  The halfway point of "I'm encouraging, but a bitch who takes no prisoners" is awkward....kind of like the awkward phase of growing out short hair.  Brink back snarky Kitty, please!  And as a funny side note, I was watching this show with my aunt (who's never seen it) and her first comment after seeing Kitty was "she needs to run a comb through that mop before she gets in front of a camera!"  Preach!

• Love 4

Loved loved loved the VA visit.  There was something in my eye then.  But Kelli, no one over 50 should wear armpit cutout dresses, sorry.  That was jarring and just fugly.

Gina is SO ANNOYING.  Just so damn pleased with herself - huge turnoff, no matter how good your tricks are.  Plus she is super squinty and scrunches up her face.

Interesting they left in Holly impressing everyone at show group auditions. 

Stephanie has totally grown on me. I used to think she looked like a drag queen but now she looks pretty.  

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

I am one of those people well aware of the fact that prayer in the workplace is discriminatory and offensive. And in a real place, they could face legal action for that.

If you are world class, you are actually world class. Inclusive. Worldly. Not just "Texas Christian"

Imagine being Jewish or Muslim or anything but evangelical Christian and that happening. it wouldn't happen on many teams, and the fact they think it is NBD is telling.

I was going to say the same thing. I actually don't mind if people pray or quote the Bible. However, it's when we're in a social setting like that and it is expected that I should go along that I have a problem with it. If I'm going to look like an asshole for not bowing my head or smiling or looking happy that we're praying or whatever then it's putting me on the spot and forcing me, as a nonChristian, to do something that I am uncomfortable with. 

If Kellie were pagan, like me, I wonder what it would've been like if she'd said, "Okay, now we're going to do a ritual for the Goddess. Everyone stand in a single file line while I pass out the oils and candles..." 

At any rate, the Bible quote was nice and I didn't have a problem with the message. There are other quotes, however, that could have conveyed the same idea without having to go there. 

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

I am one of those people well aware of the fact that prayer in the workplace is discriminatory and offensive. And in a real place, they could face legal action for that.

If you are world class, you are actually world class. Inclusive. Worldly. Not just "Texas Christian"

Imagine being Jewish or Muslim or anything but evangelical Christian and that happening. it wouldn't happen on many teams, and the fact they think it is NBD is telling.

While I agree with a lot of this post and the principle behind it, the bold is not true from a legal perspective. Prayer in the workplace can be discriminatory but it's not always. Discrimination laws and lawsuits are extremely fact-specific, so I just caution against blanket statements.  I don't think it's a good thing for people to think they always have a legitimate lawsuit when in many cases, they do not and are headed toward dismissal or summary judgment. 

• Love 10

I wanted to throw a beer at my tv screen every time Gina came on.  I don't think one person can be so full of herself.  "I'm so great, I don't know why Judy called me out" STFU and do back to San Diego.  

Edited by Runnergrl37
Hard to spell at 4 am
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

It's funny because what Kitty did tonight -- that is #coattails, Shelby. Someone clinging to old washed out past for their livelihood.

Kitty runs a very successful dance studio. DCC is a small snippet of what she does, so I don't now about riding coat tails. 

5 hours ago, sATL said:

Damn Kitty .. you just slayed with the potential cuts and critiques during that rehearsal.  She defiantly got K&J down to  the magic 36.

" You look thick...you look odd.. she looks tired.. you're too immature...you were boring.." . Made the poor girl stand on one leg - that you knew would be a struggle.

Then she talks about being part of a "sisterhood" ? If she treats a sister or a potential sister that way, I wouldn't want to be an enemy . I wonder what was Kitty like during the HS years - the girl who lead playground ass beatings?

I'm a broken record, and I'll bring the 'Kitty is Mean' Scale up to a 5/10 for tonight, but seriously, she is still pretty tame compared to a whole lot of producers or choreographers at auditions.

5 hours ago, hypeman said:

Overall, this episode was pretty good,  I didn't feel as manipulated by the editing as I normally do.  There is hope for this show yet.

Yep.  I said that Keyra was going to KILL  show group auditions.  She clearly is the best at DCC style in her class, hands down.  If Kitty says you killed it, you killed it.  With three of black girls on show group (who are definitely in the top 8 dancers on the team), I feel like Keyra and Khalyn didn't make show group because they didn't want 5 out of the 16 girls to be black,  Rewatch the episode, if you come up with an alternate, plausible theory, please enlighten me.

I've got to say it, and I don't like saying it, but I don't think Keyra has a pretty face. She's a powerhouse and seems like a good kid, but I don't think she's cute. Then, of course, she's as cute as Gina, and she made shoe group (yes she's a lot more technical and a better dancer, but not cute ether. I also think Mollie is odd looking). Now Khalyn, I dunno. She looks like a supermodel and has the dance skill, plus she's not a rookie so they know they can trust her. Maybe she's too busy with school or something. 

4 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Speaking as a fellow nurse, I suspect Lauren is working as PRN staff.  PRN requirements vary by organization, but it's usually just 4-6 shifts (with 1-2 being weekend shifts) per 6-week schedule. Many nurses with other things going on (young children, other jobs) take PRN jobs, which are much more flexible.  She could easily work one shift per week and still fulfill DCC requirements (including her likely never-ending gym routine for those killer abs).

This is my theory. Lauren is working PRN, and possibly even 4-8 hr shifts now that she's a DCC. We have a 'mom shift' that is only 6hrs, so they can basically get kids to school, float for a few hours during super busy times, then be finished in time to get kids from school. 

40 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I wanted to throw a beer at my tv screen every time Gina came on.  I don't think one person can be so full of herself.  "I'm so great, I don't know why Judy called me out" STFU and do back to San Diego.  

Her face annoys me, and now I don't feel bad, because her personality annoys me more.

• Love 8

Gina came off soooooooooooooooooooo badddddd !!!

I wonder how K & J will react when the watch the ep and see what she said after getting critiqued by Judy.

I didn't realize How attached to Brianna they were !!! It's rare to see Both J & K get so emotional 

Edited by mmm
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

For the love of god, there is no job outside of missionary where your boss can quote a bible verse.

This show is a living breathing law suit.

Lol I wouldn't say lawsuit, but it's definitely..alot. 

7 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

Also, Keyra. There is one reason Keyra is not in show group. Or three. Jenna, Crysten, and Robin.

;-) I peeped.

6 hours ago, MelTexGirl said:

Is there a reason that Brianna's picture has a guide on how to pronounce her name? Others didn't have it. 

image.jpeg

Because there are several names that are spelled a certain way but pronounced different ways.

6 hours ago, sATL said:

I kinda wish they all wore the same uniform during show group auditions. I think they super-nitpick on the TCC and be extra hard on the veterans. Does Neal ever say "no" to anyone? he makes it sound all of the cheerleaders are "hot" . Did Judy announce 16 names?

I think they don't because they want to make sure they can see who is who..in terms of making sure there are only a select group of rookies.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I've got to say it, and I don't like saying it, but I don't think Keyra has a pretty face. She's a powerhouse and seems like a good kid, but I don't think she's cute.

6 hours ago, hypeman said:

Overall, this episode was pretty good,  I didn't feel as manipulated by the editing as I normally do.  There is hope for this show yet.

Yep.  I said that Keyra was going to KILL  show group auditions.  She clearly is the best at DCC style in her class, hands down.  If Kitty says you killed it, you killed it.  With three of black girls on show group (who are definitely in the top 8 dancers on the team), I feel like Keyra and Khalyn didn't make show group because they didn't want 5 out of the 16 girls to be black,  Rewatch the episode, if you come up with an alternate, plausible theory, please enlighten me.

Khayln and Keyra (yes, even as a rookie) are better dancers than some of the other girls that ended up making show group, so I completely agree with why you all think they didn't make it. Keyra (allow me to stan for a moment) for damn sure is better than some of the vets that made it. coughtashacough. As far as Keyra's looks, I think she projects very well in video, but isn't the most photogenic in pictures. With that being said, if there was room for Ally Traylor on show group at one point, then Keyra could have easily slid into this year's show group. I think we have seen every choreographer, included Kelli and Judy give her amazing praise throughout the season.. so I'm at a loss.

I loved this episode, it's my favorite of the season. I remember starting the episode thinking "We're 7 in and Brianna is still here?" but she warmed my heart by the end with her cooking story. There are a loooot of cuts to come. We usually only have 2 or 3 more cuts by this point.

Kitty's commentary was SPOT ON this episode, I really enjoyed having her throughout the entire episode. I think I would have cut everyone she suggested towards the end of the episode. 

Did anyone else notice Erica was at the field rehearsal? She was sitting towards the front of the vets when Kitty was up on that podium. Scandal.

C'mon Milan with this 4.0!! I loved that they kept that in. Just... figure out how to color this hair. I'll admit, I don't know what they should do with it my damn self. 

I loooooove the Power routine. Go Denise! I actually liked Christina in it. Random: Amy Nicole is just so cute. Every time she's on screen she has such a present expression on her face. 

I fell in love with Kalyssa from her very first titty jiggle and I like her more and more each episode. I'm glad you all are slowly coming over to this side lol 

Edited by tajalexander
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, dbell1 said:

Would have loved to see more of show group auditions. How did Tasha make it?

I was wondering the same thing because I don't think she is even close to being in the top 50% of the DCC (vets or rookies).

6 hours ago, sATL said:

Did Judy announce 16 names?

Nope. They only showed her announcing eight names which really annoyed me. This show isn't even a full 40 minutes long. It's shorter than most hourlong shows, and that's including the "previously on," credits, bumpers with the kickline clip, "coming up," Wow Award announcements, and preview for the next week. Yet they literally couldn't spare TEN SECONDS to announce the other names?

5 hours ago, h2ogirl said:

Kelli, no one over 50 should wear armpit cutout dresses, sorry. 

Fixed that for you! Seriously, I'm fine when the cut out is on top of the shoulder but what kind of person thinks, "Hey, you know what would be really attractive? Highlighting my armpit! I wonder where I can find a dress that will allow me to show off that part of my body!"?

1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Her face annoys me, and now I don't feel bad, because her personality annoys me more.

Her flat, thin, stringy hair bothers me more than her squinty eyes. Normally I'm the person who wants the girls to take out their extensions but in this case, I feel like it would really help. My mom still lives in San Diego so I wanted to root for Gina but man, she was so annoying this week! There's a way to talk about your accomplishments without sounding totally full of yourself. There's a line between proud/confident and obnoxious.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, MelTexGirl said:

Is there a reason that Brianna's picture has a guide on how to pronounce her name? Others didn't have it. 

image.jpeg

What does the M & B stickers stand for ?????????? 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, ElenaFR said:

So Selena gets called out for weight and yet Stephanie looks about the same to me. Just my random observation.

OMG THANK YOU!!! Even now she still looks chubby in her midsection. I was looking at photos from the NYG game and it still shows. Her Instagram photo of her "transformation" is just a joke because of the angle of the before pic. I'm sorry but it's unacceptable to ridicule one vet and not all for their weight issues. 

17 minutes ago, mmm said:

What does the M & B stickers stand for ?????????? 

Barbie  and make over I believe 

Edited by Dallasfan89
  • Love 2

I don't think I ever saw Judy or Kelli cry before when they had to release a candidate. You can tell how much they really loved her. I also noticed how high Brianna was able to get her leg when Kitty was having them stretch. She tried her best and she made many good friends. I got the impression Kelli and Judy really want her to take some power classes and come back. I thought I heard her say other than that you have it. She is not just a beautiful girl, but just as sweet on the inside. I guess you can call her a sweetheart. I am confident when she is able to master the power component, she will hopefully be able to be one of America's Sweethearts:) I LOVE Keyra as well. Such a bright smile and great performer! I loved that they were able to show the charity work the team does as well. Kelli was correct, they were meeting some real american hero! How about the vet who survived Iwo Jima. Warmed my heart to see these men honored on national tv as well! I have to say I was crying as well.

• Love 7
9 hours ago, hypeman said:

I was told by someone in an earlier post that all the dancers have to audition for show group.  You can tell Kelli and Judy not to consider them overall.  If that is the case, that could explain why so many amazing dancers in my opinion are not on show group.  Show group is extra rehearsal time on top of regular rehearsals on top of group leader's rehearsals.  It is extra appearances as well as travel outside the country.  To be on show group is an honor because when the world sees DCC , they are looking at show group.  If someone does not have the time to do it I do not fault them.  Keyra and Khaylyn may be in school or have jobs where the workload does not allow them to put show group in there busy schedule.  Last year Cersten was applying to med school. She did not do show group and she is one of the best dancers I have seen audition and make this team in years.  This year she was explaining in a earlier episode that she had exams coming up and all she had to do was wait to go to med school next summer.  Now she has the time and she is on show group now.  Listen, I love seeing women who look like me make this team and represent but if you have to choose between your job or your education and show group?  I say girl just be the best dcc you can be and get your degree or get your promotion. (Show group don't pay the bills)

• Love 6
8 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Thank you for posting this.  While watching the shows this season, I was wondering how Lauren was going to find the time to work and do DCC.  Your post clears up alot of questions I had.  

• Love 2

Keyra said during the episode that she wanted to be chosen for show group, so I don't see the school/work reason for her not making it. Khalyn....I don't know, but I've never thought Khalyn was one of the best dancers anyway, so her not making show group isn't as glaring up me. Not that she's weak, and I've never really seen much of her dancing at all honestly, but I wouldn't put her at level of Jenna/Cersten or Keyra who seems to be singled out by every guest as being a powerhouse. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Keyra said during the episode that she wanted to be chosen for show group, so I don't see the school/work reason for her not making it. Khalyn....I don't know, but I've never thought Khalyn was one of the best dancers anyway, so her not making show group isn't as glaring up me. Not that she's weak, and I've never really seen much of her dancing at all honestly, but I wouldn't put her at level of Jenna/Cersten or Keyra who seems to be singled out by every guest as being a powerhouse. 

Shes definitely a good dancer. And I hoped that she would've made it over someone like Stephanie or Tasha, but seeing that she has a weak left kick could've kept her from being chosen. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

The VA visit was fabulous.  I was impressed to see how many of the ladies (including Kelli) were so at-ease and comfortable speaking to some of the seriously injured veterans.  Not everyone is comfortable in that type of environment, but they stepped into that scene and owned it.

Don't forget, though, Kelli's been doing this for 33 years!

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, Dallasfan89 said:

Shes definitely a good dancer. And I hoped that she would've made it over someone like Stephanie or Tasha, but seeing that she has a weak left kick could've kept her from being chosen. 

I think that's a veryyyy easy fix, in my head. She definitely has the flexibility for the kicks & she's still a TCC which means there are still weeks for her to correct it. 

• Love 3

The last time I remember he girls doing a visit was season 3 (2008), They went to an airport to meet with soldiers getting ready to go overseas. 

Keyra should have been chosen for SG, she's a great dancer. Has she been on any other pro teams or just college teams?

Did Milan audition?  Or did she want to not be considered? I thought they ALL had to audition for SG. 

I wish they would've shown Judy announcing the all names for SG. They did in past seasons. 

Too many guest choreographers IMO.  Are they trying to get the girls to put more hip hop in the routines? I thought that's what the DCRB are for.

I wonder if Stephanie Wheat will show up this year since they've had so many others so far. 

I know she didn't say it this week , but is Kelli going to keep calling Kashara Kasexy?  It's kind of annoying. 

When Brianna was getting cut , wasn't that the same music they played when Amy Simone got cut last year?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Keyra should have been chosen for SG, she's a great dancer. Has she been on any other pro teams or just college teams?

Did Milan audition?  Or did she want to not be considered? I thought they ALL had to audition for SG. 

I think she said she was LSU golden girl. 

I think she probably still went through the audition process with the rest of the team but since her focus was on school might have mentioned not to be considered. Maybe she wasn't at auditions. 

51 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

I think that's a veryyyy easy fix, in my head. She definitely has the flexibility for the kicks & she's still a TCC which means there are still weeks for her to correct it. 

Of course. Nothing a little stretching won't fix, but it's just unfortunate that someone with real talent didn't get selected for them just to have a specific ratio of vets to rookies on SG.

I think with all the vets that have retired from last season, they're really lacking in talent among all the vets for SG and that's why so many who we thought weren't ideal picks were selected. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, California Girl said:

The only 2016-17 Rookies whom I recall being in Show Group were Kelli, Maddie, Maggie, and Mandy.   

Allie was a sub in multiple show group appearances along with Cersten 

• Love 1

Thoughts on Episode 7: Personality Testing.

The DCC's visit to the VA Hospital was a wonderful feature.  We focus on the women's showmanship so much that we sometimes forget the Ambassador or personal component of connecting with the fans.  Most of us will never meet a Political, Corporate, or Hollywood celebrity, and the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders are indeed World famous figures.  The excitement, cheer, and uplift they can give to people during a children's camp, a hospital visit, or a USO Tour is both inspiring and touching.  Lauren, Kelli Finglass, Kalyssa, Kelsey, Milan, and Taryn appeared especially sincere and good at making those personal connections.  

Kelli and Judy are demonstrating such a sweet, maternal, and caring side this year.  That sit-down session with Brennan in which they work to renew her confidence with the judge's comments and her finals video, is such a nice thing to do.      

Milan has two semesters of a 4.0 at Southern Methodist University, that is very impressive!  That academic or professional focus and accomplishment outside of the DCC life will serve her well.  But you can also see that she has the performance respect of Kelli, Judy, and Kitty.  Major props to her for balancing it all so well.

Brianna is beautiful and charming, gracious, and so innocent.  I can absolutely see why Kelli and Judy so wanted her to make the squad -- I have been pulling for her as well.  But Kitty is right, this is not YET her time and if she really wants to be a DCC, she will be back.  Go off to university Brianna, live your life, audition for your school's pom squad or dance team, or spend time in the studio practicing other dance styles, have fun, learn to cook other things, and then come back in four years as a woman ready to crush it.  You won't soon be forgotten.   Again, Kelli and Judy show a real tender side here with their tears, and Judy's comment that she feels like they should call her parents to make sure she's okay.  

Selina, Selina, this has been a bad training camp for poor Selina. 

Here is the first and only time I will say anything critical about her.  When she is worried she has a resting B face.  That is it.

It was nice to hear Kelli and Judy say that they have been pulling for Selina throughout this process, even with the judges questioning whether she is team-ready this year.  Kelli and Judy clearly value people who are willing to give for the team.  Whether that means following the rules and not dating a certain guy, or not partying as much as one would like.  In that sense I think that Selina may be helped by Mandy's last-minute decision to retire.  I recall one poster explaining that Mandy (perhaps rightly so) decided to retire because Kelli broached the subject of her weight, and Mandy did not appreciate the criticism (and perhaps did not want it be a focus of this season.)  Selina, who until this year has had almost no airtime (despite this being her third training camp), is now best known as the overweight Veteran who may get cut in Training Camp.  And yet she manages to put her best face forward in the office (but not with the RBF on the floor), smile, take the hard (but important) criticism well, and later express for the cameras her genuine gratitude to Kelli and Judy for being straight with her and giving her another day.               

1 hour ago, lfedncr said:

Allie was a sub in multiple show group appearances along with Cersten 

2016-17 Show Group List.

1a30.jpg?resize=768,1024&ssl=1

Edited by California Girl
12 hours ago, h2ogirl said:

Loved loved loved the VA visit.  There was something in my eye then.  But Kelli, no one over 50 should wear armpit cutout dresses, sorry.  That was jarring and just fugly.

I agree--hideous!  Cold shoulder yes. Cold armpit no. 

• Love 2

Brianna is such...a baby...and I don't mean that in an insulting way but my god...Girl needs to go to a club and get a little wild. 
*sobs like someone died* "I learned how to cook broccoli!" ...Wut?

I thought this was odd - how do you get to be 18 and have no idea how to cook?  Brianna also seemed very fragile.  This apparently was her first time away from home, and she just seemed completely overwhelmed about everything.  She seemed like a very sweet girl, so hopefully she'll go off and do great things with her life.

• Love 2